The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!

Newcastle Goalkeeper Unhappy With His Performances

10:14 am, Friday, January 4th, 2013 by Ed Harrison · 20 Comments

Newcastle United goalkeeper Tim Krul is at least truthful, and he has come out today and said he has been unhappy with his own form so far this season.

tim krul newcastle

Tim Krul – not pleased with his form this season

Tim had a good game against Everton on Wednesday night,  but of course we still ended up on the losing side, but he made at least three terrific saves to keep us in the game, and we hope his performances will improve over the last 17 games, and that goes for a lot of our other players too – since most of our lads have been nowhere near the form they showed last season.

This is what Tim Krul said today:

“I can’t be happy with my performances and it hurts me a lot” “I can’t be happy with my performances and it hurts me a lot.” “I know the manager has shown trust in me, which is very important, but he gave me the chance here so I hope I can repay him.”

“The last two games we’ve played fantastic stuff, but we’ve conceded too many goals.” “When you’re putting a massive shift in and you’ve got zero points again, it hurts.”

Krul has appeared 96 times for Newcastle and has four Dutch caps, but Newcastle have only three clean sheets in our 21 league games so far this season, with Tim having two of them, and Steve Harper having the other.

In the 38 games last season we had 15 clean sheets, and after 21 games played we had 36 points,  so we are now 16 points behind last season’s total, and 3 points off where we were in 2009 after 21 games played – in our relegation season.

Everton are currently on 36 points this season and are in 6th place in the league.

It’s good that Tim is being so honest.

Note: We are trying to help out one of our readers Michael McMullen of Northumbria University, , who is doing some studies on the sponsors of the Europa league – so if you can fill out his survey please do.

Here it is.

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 us on Google+:

You can also reach Ed at admin@nufcblog.com

=============================================

Tags: Newcastle News · Premier League · Tim Krul

20 responses so far ↓

• 1 Tsunki // Jan 4, 2013 at 10:15 AM

Wondered when he was going to say this.

• 2 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Jan 4, 2013 at 10:16 AM

Krul you don’ bear the responsibility solely – it’s a team effort!

• 3 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Jan 4, 2013 at 10:17 AM

…or in this case a lack there of!

• 4 WesJameson // Jan 4, 2013 at 10:18 AM

how funny is this??

surely Mike….even the players are begging FFS

• 5 Spoof // Jan 4, 2013 at 10:19 AM

We are all unhappy with his and other players performances, on Krul though, please Tim, learn how to kick a ball, distribution is clearly your downfall

• 6 Tsunki // Jan 4, 2013 at 10:20 AM

I was going to say that jesper but just had to be first. BooYaa!

It his defence. Makes him look poor when he can only stand on his line and watch the goals walk in. Cant blame himself for goals like betty boops the other day though.

• 7 Dannyo // Jan 4, 2013 at 10:20 AM

Make no mistake, i think Debuchy is a definite improvement over Simmo.
    Better on the ball, better distribution, calmer, sees the smart pass, can cross.
    I just find it slightly odd that AP says “Debuchy will shore up our defense”, when u’ve got Collo out of form, Willo is Willo and Santon is still working on his defending game.

But maybe this’ll better the balance of the back 4 now.
    It’ll be great fun to see him on the pitch.

• 8 Klam3r // Jan 4, 2013 at 10:21 AM

Too many players out of form… I hope it has everything to do with inured players and a tired squad, that will fix it self when players come back.

But if not i’m afraid it will get very tough no matter who we sign.

• 9 JackButler // Jan 4, 2013 at 10:21 AM

We’ve got one of the best young keepers with Krul and his honesty is nice to see in a world of self absorbed players, but he’s been let down by what has been in front of him. Colo has been poor this season, Simpson needs to be shipped out to find the money that only he think’s he’s worth, while Williamson is simply not good enough, he’s far too slow with poor positional sense.
    The greatest keepers in the world need a solid defensive line in front of them, something that Krul doesn’t have at the moment

• 10 JackButler // Jan 4, 2013 at 10:22 AM

Colo’s dad is making waves now.

• 11 Williamsonsuks // Jan 4, 2013 at 10:26 AM

Given was a great shot stopper as well, but when he kicked the ball my heart was in my mouth at times.

• 12 JAMSHA // Jan 4, 2013 at 10:29 AM

Its not krul’s fault….its the defenders…we need a strong defender along with colo..

——————-krul——————-

debuchy—saylor——sakho—*-santon

——————-colo——————

arfa————–cabaye———-marvo

—————remy-cisse————

• 13 Charlie in the Gallowgate // Jan 4, 2013 at 10:30 AM

Fellow bloggers
    Do you think that we needed a wall for Baines free kick on Wed night.
    My thoughts is if the Free Kick is 30 yards out then why have a wall surely if there is no wall then Krul would of had sight of the ball and if it moves/swerves. Also the wall gives Baines a sighter on distance to goal area to aim for

• 14 Dannyo // Jan 4, 2013 at 10:34 AM

YEEEEEESSS!!!

ewcastle United FC ?@NUFCOfficial
    #NUFC have completed the signing of French defender Mathieu Debuchy from Lille on a five-and-a-half year deal. More on http://nufc.co.uk

• 15 Mister Tuff // Jan 4, 2013 at 10:35 AM

Toon announce Debuchy deal completed on the official site.

• 16 TorqToon // Jan 4, 2013 at 10:38 AM

THANK GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dreamboat part deux !!!!!!

• 17 TorqToon // Jan 4, 2013 at 10:40 AM

Debuchy said: “It is great to become a Newcastle United player.

“After many great years at Lille I felt I was ready for a new challenge, and cannot wait to play for such a big club in the best league in the world.

“I hope I can bring something fresh to the team and help us get up to the highest possible position in the Premier League this season.

“I will give everything for this Club.” – Matthieu Debuchy

• 18 Toon! Toon! // Jan 4, 2013 at 4:52 PM

Sorry couldn’t resist…..
    “He has four Dutch caps”
    3 condoms,
    2 pills
    and a coil

• 19 GazMcC-NUFC // Jan 4, 2013 at 11:47 PM

Krul is spot on, he’s been poor this season. Biggest under performer of the season is Tiote by a million miles, I hope Chelsea come calling with a blank cheque book and take him off our hands. Talk of 20 million last season, I’d snap there hands off!!

• 20 swemag // Jan 5, 2013 at 1:03 AM

@ Charlie in the Gallowgate – how the hell did the ball get through the wall in the first place. Bloody hell.
    Tim made miracles last season, this one he is human and still one of the top top goalies of this league, he should be easy on himself.
    Looking for Cisse to start making the same miracles he did last season, to start Pardew will have to play him in the middle.

previous post: For Mike Ashley It’s Pay Now Or Pay Later