QPR To Pip Newcastle With Ridiculous Wage Offer To Remy

Harry Redknapp said a week or so ago that it would be very difficult for QPR to attract top players in this January transfer window, because they are bottom of the league, and it’s not like their players play in front of 52,000 crowds very often – with the Loftus Road ground one of the smallest in the Premier League, with a capacity of just over 18,000.

loic remy marseilles

Loic Remy – QPR outbidding Newcastle?

So what can OPR do to attract top players to the club?

They can do what they’ve done since  Tony Fernandes became the owner of the club in August of 2011 –  – they can pay out big fees for the players, and offer them ridiculously high wages.

Harry Redknapp himself has complained about the  high wages being paid at the club for players who in his opinion are average at best – as one example Joey Barton, who is now on loan at Marseilles, is getting £75K/week.

But their mistakes of the past doesn’t seem to stop QPR from doing the same thing again this month – in an attempt to stay in the Premier League.

The news is that QPR have moved above Newcastle in the race for the 26 year-old French International Loic Remy – and we suppose Loic could get a bigger pay deal in London from QPR – even though there’s a decent chance they will be in the English second division next season.

Our take on this is the same as with Demba Ba – if a player doesn’t want to stay at Newcastle, or join Newcastle – so be it – and they can move to other clubs for bigger wages.

If this news is true, we don’t expect Newcastle will get into a bidding war with QPR on the wages front – but it’s yet another example of ridiculous deals being made by some clubs, who are spending money they just don’t have.

And whatever  happened to those Financial Fair Play Rules, where clubs could only spend what they make – and have to balance their financial books –  so UEFA would put an end to clubs like Chelsea, Manchester City, PSG and now QPR buying top teams with ridiculous investments of money.

Both Chelsea and Manchester City have spent around £1B on their teams since their Billionaire owners bought their clubs.

This story is not particularly good news for Newcastle – if it’s true.

What do you think?

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 us on Google+:

You can also reach Ed at admin@nufcblog.com

============================================

• Thump

Jan 5, 2013 at 9:18 AM

I think ‘Arry’s dyslexia is kicking in again

• Shiremagpies

Jan 5, 2013 at 9:19 AM

so does this mean its true then????

• jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew

Jan 5, 2013 at 9:20 AM

If he wants to be just another Junior Toilett then let him 😉

• Shiremagpies

Jan 5, 2013 at 9:21 AM

according to every player involved in a transfer the reason they move on is to achieve silverware in their careers???? on that front newcastle/QPR NEITHER. but most chanceof it???? championship champions apart…. Newcastle Remy you know what you need to do.

• archaeomag

Jan 5, 2013 at 9:22 AM

@Shiremagpies
    It’s true . . .
    ‘eard it off ‘arry dog Rosie – wot gets in down our local dog groomers . .

• davybtoon

Jan 5, 2013 at 9:22 AM

No this ain’t true it’s just one paper who is saying it n everyone else is copying it, unlike the times who said we’ve had bid accepted n everyone ignored

• Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand

Jan 5, 2013 at 9:22 AM

Shire….Not at all. Harry thought he could get Sneijder yesterday 🙂

Give it time.

• jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew

Jan 5, 2013 at 9:23 AM

Newcastle’s new Anthem!

‘I used to walk like a giant on the land
    Now I feel like a leaf floating in a stream
    I used to walk like a giant
    I used to walk like a giant on the land

Me and some of my friends We were gonna save the world
    We were trying to make it better
    We were ready to save the world

Then the weather changed
    And the white got stained
    And it fell apart
    And it breaks my heart
    To think about how close we came
    I wanna walk like a giant on the land
    I wanna walk like a giant on the land’

• Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand

Jan 5, 2013 at 9:26 AM

Jesper….Or some Pink Floyd?

Money, get away
    Get a good job with more pay
    And your O.K.

Money, it’s a gas
    Grab that cash with both hands
    And make a stash

New car, caviar, four star daydream
    Think I’ll buy me a football team “

• Ewokshatemackems

Jan 5, 2013 at 9:27 AM

Davy,

We’re not ignoring the times, we just won’t cough up the money the pr!cks want to enter their website.

• Whoarya.com

Jan 5, 2013 at 9:27 AM

If its all about the money then we don’t need him in Toon

• Shiremagpies

Jan 5, 2013 at 9:27 AM

@5… good shout marra. i was visiting a local taxidermist the other day and in walked joey barton strangely enough, he had a life size version of Mashleys head wanting it stuffed for mounting on the wall of his gentlemans room. overheard him saying that remy wouldnt join arry for all the money in the world coz he hates horror films and arries plastic face scars him to much…. only passing on the news.. dare i say from a Reliable source LOL

• Ewokshatemackems

Jan 5, 2013 at 9:28 AM

Davy,

We’re not ignoring the times, we just won’t cough up the money the sods want to enter their website.

• jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew

Jan 5, 2013 at 9:29 AM

Ibiza…I think we are on to something here (I can feel it 😉 lol)

• Thump

Jan 5, 2013 at 9:30 AM

@Ewoks: I think the question is “why would anybody cough up money to enter their website”?

• jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew

Jan 5, 2013 at 9:32 AM

‘Then we skip the rails
    And we started to fail
    And we fold it up
    And it’s not enough
    To think about how close we came
    I wanna walk like a giant on the land
    I wanna walk like a giant on the land

Whenever I see the big fire coming
    Coming to burn down all my ideas
    I try to hold to my thinking
    And reminder how it feels

Looking right in your eyes
    Hearing your happy laughing
    Seeing your blue eyes shining
    Hearing your happy laughing

So the moment came
    And the big sky rained
    And it put out the fire
    Except in my desire
    And I think about how good it feels

I wanna walk like a giant on the land
    I wanna walk like a giant on the land’

• Jail for Ashley

Jan 5, 2013 at 9:35 AM

I’ve tried to remain positive in any incoming transfers, but I’ve also got an ‘horrible feeling that Mashley has told Pards that he won’t ever be financing players unless it’s with the money financed from first selling, if that’s the case it could well be that the Demba Ba money has already been used on Debuchy, I know I’m prone to the odd conspiracy theory where Mashley is concerned just that it again seems funny how Debuchy wasn’t finalised until the Ba deal was similar Ned.

• GazMcC-NUFC

Jan 5, 2013 at 9:36 AM

Let him go where he wants, one thing I have liked about Ashley is in transfer dealings we don’t get mugged off any more, we pay what we think the player is worth and we offer them wages that we think are sustainable, if either isn’t good enough then we move on. That has hur us this season but its set a precedent so clubs know they can’t take us for a ride, hence Debuchy signing in Jan, Lille backed down from their original 8/9 million valuation

• IITianToon

Jan 5, 2013 at 9:37 AM

Today I am trying to remember about how I came to love Newcastle so much. I remember being a fan since 1998, one of my first memories being Alan Shearer scoring. Actually that year (France 98) year was the first time I started to watch football, being in a cricket mad country and all. Perhaps Newcastle was the first team whose game I stumbled onto and liked? Who knows.
    PS; Did players named Glass and Batty play in the 97-98 season.. why do I vaguely recall these names.

• hatem786

Jan 5, 2013 at 9:38 AM

i love this magpie…………………..read this……..
    “I am confident in the club and what they are doing and am confident that we can come back and that soon we will be climbing up the table. “Newcastle is a big team and we will soon be higher again, back to our true position.

“We have got enough quality to improve on where we are. There is absolutely no reason why Newcastle can’t and won’t climb up the table.

“The Champions League is a target for us of course but the first thing is to get Newcastle back up the table where we belong. That is the priority now. But the Champions League should be the ultimate aim for a club like this.”

Debuchy has had to fight tooth and nail to seal his move to St James’ Park and having watched his chances of a summer move go up in smoke, the right-back admits the last six months at Lille have been difficult.

He said: “Ever since the summer, I have wanted to join Newcastle. Unfortunately, it couldn’t happen then. But now it is done and here I am. I am very happy.

“I always hoped that this day would happen and that I would join Newcastle. I never gave up hope. And if it was not this winter, then I wanted it to happen in the summer.

“It was awkward (staying at Lille). I had made no secret of the fact I wanted to join Newcastle and it was certainly difficult for me when the transfer did not take place.

“I was really keen to come here and when it did not happen, it made things tough. Once the decision had been made, I just had to get on with it and concentrate on giving my best for Lille.”

Debuchy’s name was first mentioned in connection with Newcastle by France team-mate Yohan Cabaye, who named the defender as a player he would like to see join him at the club in an interview last year.

The pair are close friends having played together as youngsters in France and Debuchy revealed Cabaye’s influence has been a big reason behind his desire to join the Magpies.

“My relationship with Yohan, it’s true, goes back a long, long time to when we first played together as kids,” he explained. “He has been a big help and I will be living with him here until I get myself sorted out.

“It’s a real plus that he is here and hopefully, he will help me settle quicker. Yohan and I have spoken a lot about Newcastle. It has been a regular topic of conversation, particularly during the Euros.

“We were together for three weeks and he talked about the club all the time. He just told me that Newcastle was the best, that not only was it one of the best teams in the division but away from the playing side, there was a fantastic infrastructure and great support.

“That was a big influence and a big attraction. As far as the city is concerned, he has told me a lot about that too and I am looking forward to getting to know it. But it is the football I am here for, not other things.”

• Jail for Ashley

Jan 5, 2013 at 9:39 AM

Predictive text can come in very handy but then again sometimes not.

• davybtoon

Jan 5, 2013 at 9:41 AM

One thing I will say is remy or aubgymeng it will probably be n I really don’t mind which one if am an honest I kno qpr beat Chelsea but they won’t stay up so let remy pick them

• jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew

Jan 5, 2013 at 9:42 AM

JAF…this is what I have been trying to tell everyone since the summer; MA wants Newcastle to be self sustainable and will only invest his own money if we really have too (if it will keep us up) or if he can see the investment paying off.

…That is how I think he wants to run Newcastle. Last season the money from Best and Forster covered the Anita transfer.

The Ba money is covering the Debuchy transfer; either he is going to fund a new striker for out of necessity or we are going sell someone in the summer to recoup the money.

• AMEOBI

Jan 5, 2013 at 9:42 AM

Thump,

Are you on KJ’s travel bus? Just been in the car park, if ya gan to south stand turnstile right on side for away fans

• Pardews Perfect Battleplan

Jan 5, 2013 at 9:42 AM

ah David “backwards” batty who never passed forwards and Steve glass who i think was (like acuna) underrated because they weren’t fashionable players or big names as people loved back then

• Jail for Ashley

Jan 5, 2013 at 9:42 AM

Hatem,
    Reading that statement maybe things aren’t that bad behind the scenes.

• davybtoon

Jan 5, 2013 at 9:44 AM

Scrap that remy or audgymeng or goufran or maiga I like all of them n the first 3 are all similar, journal says Nufc delegation in France to tie up deals for striker n defender n development squad players

• JAMSHA

Jan 5, 2013 at 9:45 AM

NEWCASTLE FA CUP MATCH LIVE AT 5:30PM ESPN INDIA

• hatem786

Jan 5, 2013 at 9:45 AM

🙂

• Sir Braveheart

Jan 5, 2013 at 9:47 AM

Think theres about as much truth to this as the story that we’re interested in Andy Carroll.

• JAMSHA

Jan 5, 2013 at 9:47 AM

“Curtis is a really talented individual and a
    smashing lad,” said Parkin in the
    Telegraph & Argus. “We’ve seen him play a
    couple of really good games and he came
    on at Morecambe and did well at left back
    for us.
    “We’re thin on the ground with defenders
    and he’s left footed which helps because
    he can play two positions.”

So Good Can Play LB and CB

• NEWEXPATMAGPIE

Jan 5, 2013 at 9:50 AM

Got a feeling this is just a Media Bullshit Story! There is no confirmation published anywhere !

I will say this though ! If the money is so important to Remy and he gets twice as much in wages with Harry then he may be better off in London with QPR, this will not neccessarily mean they won,t be relegated though. I just don,t believe these reports at all!

• Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand

Jan 5, 2013 at 9:51 AM

Hatem….Decent read, seems a top lad. But when will he too break our hearts? 🙂

Jail…I think people MAY have been interpreting frustration with the season and this mass unrest some have forecast. I remember a lot was said about Cabaye has had enough and wants out, etc etc, so why on Earth would he still push for Debuchy?

Maybe it’s as simple as he’s not happy, but we’re a decent enough stepping stone? I don’t think so though, I just think they are as down about this season as the rest of us.

• hatem786

Jan 5, 2013 at 10:00 AM

ibiza true mate:)

• Shiremagpies

Jan 5, 2013 at 10:01 AM

guys does anybody know where young remi streete is from or lives???? as you can guess i live in shiremoor and there is a young coloured chap jogs past my house every morning fully kitted in the toon training gear with them stupid big daft white ear warmers that play music at the same time. i know for certain it isnt Tav. just thought it a few times thats all, im not gona stalk him to be ITK. incase anybody sees a related story on tyne tees in the coming days. either him or it could be remy and hes been here all along. any info would be good though never the less….

• mansize scotty

Jan 5, 2013 at 10:09 AM

Street is from south shields mate

• bills-son

Jan 5, 2013 at 10:36 AM

Jail, the Debuchy deal was clearly done well before the window opened so I doubt it has any relevance to Ba leaving.

Unfotunately our league position isn’t going to make it any easier bringing in quality players but I won’t use that as an excuse for Ashley not bringing in CF and CH. He got us into this position and he’ll have to pay, literally, for his failure to recruit in the summer.

Debuchy is a good start but it isn’t enough. As I’ve said before, this window is a real test of Ashley’s commitment to NUFC.