Cabaye In The Squad For Norwich City Game

In his press conference yesterday, Alan Pardew was positive about Yohan Cabaye being on the bus to Norwich, and it looks like Steven Taylor will be ready for the Reading game in a week’s time.

Yohan Cabaye training

Yohan Cabaye – in the squad for Norwich

Alan told the press that Yohan Cabaye would be in the squad for the game at Norwich, but didn’t say whether he would start – but there were pictures of various of our previously injured players like Yohan Cabaye, Steven Taylor, Dan Gosling and Jonas Gutierrez all training, and in the walkarounds – surprise surprise – Yohan Cabaye and Mathieu Debuchy were walking together and talking to each other.

Alan said Yohan is on the bus for tomorrow’s game:

“Yes they do need new faces – as well as the senior players we’ve got coming back in.” “It will be good to have Cabaye, who is a top player, one of the best in Europe in my opinion, who’s fresh and rested, who knows the environment and the way we play.”

“We play a lot of our football through him and he is perhaps the best news we’ve had. But we do need players. It’s been obvious on this run, we’ve had an extended injury list, but even without that we wouldn’t have had the opportunity to rest players when they needed to rest.”

“Therefore, we accept that we didn’t do enough in the summer and we need to do it now. We’ve made it clear we regret that.”

It’s got to be good news that Yohan Cabaye seems fit again, and that both he and Steven Taylor will be ready for the game a week tomorrow at home to Reading – a game we just have to win.

But before that we meet Chris Hughton’s  side tomorrow afternoon, and there’s no doubt about it – we need a win desperately in that game.

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 us on Google+:

You can also reach Ed at admin@nufcblog.com

=============================================

• yorkymag

Jan 11, 2013 at 9:03 AM

22yorkymag // Jan 11, 2013 at 8:59 AM
    From last thread
    This is no doubt a complex issue ,and we will only hear snippets but the real problem is that Pardew has lost the respect of a number in the dressing room.There are only two ways out of this either remove the manager or get rid of the players who are perceived to be the issue.
    We know that pardew is here for the immediate long term.
    So we are looking for two centre backs

• Indian Magpie

Jan 11, 2013 at 9:04 AM

Hate it when managers refer to their team as THEY rather than WE

• Novocastrian66

Jan 11, 2013 at 9:04 AM

Be interesting to see how Collocini plays tomorrow. Is he going to go in a blaze of glory or will he be in a huff?

• Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand

Jan 11, 2013 at 9:04 AM

So….What’s everyones thoughts on this one then? Has Pardew said the wrong thing again?

People were pointing to his “he’ll be like a new signing” recently, but he’s clearly acknowledged the need for returning players AND new faces, so is that acceptable?

In case not, Pardew Out!

• G

Jan 11, 2013 at 9:05 AM

Sacking AP would be a bad move. JFK is out there remember! In a recent interview he says he would jump at the chance to manage again.

• davybtoon

Jan 11, 2013 at 9:06 AM

I really wouldn’t b bothered by colo goin he’s been great for us n if he wants to leave I’d let him bring in mbwia n mirin new cb pairing n make cabaye captain n build the team around him

• Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand

Jan 11, 2013 at 9:06 AM

Novo….I’m sure he’ll be watched closely by all toon fans. I do expect him to be professional, he is out captain and we need leadership.

• Conaldo (The Wizard...Also Bestest Friends With Paul Scharner)

Jan 11, 2013 at 9:06 AM

Ill continue on here then.

If collo goes who becomes captain?

I say krul, but he would have to step up to the job vocally etc,

I can imagine krul being our captain and holland captain in a few years and it could last 10 years.

• Transfer Sage

Jan 11, 2013 at 9:07 AM

This is great news. Cabaye is possibly our biggest player. He runs our midfield.

We have barely had a point since he has been out…he is not just good going forward (although under used in this role in my opinion) he adds much needed steel to the midfield and works tirelessly.

• BelfastMagpie

Jan 11, 2013 at 9:07 AM

If you regret it so much prove it. You really have to question Colo’s motives for wanting to leave. ( if true ) Was he promised things when he signed the new contract ? & were these promises not met ? Hope it’s bullshit.

• davybtoon

Jan 11, 2013 at 9:09 AM

Now before ppl start blaming pardew ask yourself this who do u want to stay colo or Ben arfa bcoz I got told over a month ago this is what it’s all about colo n benny allegdly had a huge bust up n ap has clearly taken benny side if colo has huffed it

• Transfer Sage

Jan 11, 2013 at 9:10 AM

I’d have cabaye as our new captain if Colo was to leave. Think he is much more a leader than colo anyway. I like colo, top player, but he isn’t a leader.

You can never blame a player for wanting to return home, he may have become a bit disillusioned with life over here. It must be hard to work away for a lot of your life in another country, even to get that much money.

• Conaldo (The Wizard...Also Bestest Friends With Paul Scharner)

Jan 11, 2013 at 9:10 AM

What formation do people think we will play?

We only have 1 striker, so it’s probably either
    433,451 or 4231

Bigi will probably play were tiote would have,
    I can’t see cabaye starting, might be too risky.

Krul
    Debuchy Willo collo santon
    Bigi perchinio
    Marveaux Anita Jonas
    Cisse

Starting to slightly resemble a first team haha
    Cabaye comes on after 70 mins or so.

• G

Jan 11, 2013 at 9:11 AM

@davybtoon. I heard that rumour too (possibly on here?). Got told off one of the physio bods at the academy that it was a load of horses.

• Jackson1989

Jan 11, 2013 at 9:11 AM

sell colo and jonas, the french and the argys dont get on, if u look back ages ago cabaye and jonas had words on the pitch becos jonas wasnt doing his job, sell colo bring n lesscott

• yorkymag

Jan 11, 2013 at 9:12 AM

As a captain at the moment I think there is really one choice cabaye,if he could stay fit Steven Taylor but impossible on ten games a season
    Maybe one of the new boys at centre back will be just ideal.
    Says it all I guess when we have so little in terms of leader for this soon to be vacancy

• Transfer Sage

Jan 11, 2013 at 9:12 AM

Davy

where did you hear that? reliable?

if true you would hope they could move on…..must be something serious

• Novocastrian66

Jan 11, 2013 at 9:13 AM

Yorky. Ashley doesn’t stand for player power. That’s why Hoots went, because the perception was there were one or two players calling the shots. Those players quickly followed him.
    I don’t think Collocini is the type to bear a grudge, he is too professional, however if there is an stand off between him and Pardew, I think Ashley will back his manager.

• foggonridiculous

Jan 11, 2013 at 9:14 AM

I’m hoping the Debuchy signing will give Cabaye a lift.

Has he got any pals that are decent Centre Backs?

• richyg01

Jan 11, 2013 at 9:14 AM

Like having a new signing!

• Indian Magpie

Jan 11, 2013 at 9:15 AM

I think we will play

8-1-1

Hoof the ball to cisse nd hoping Anita gets to flick on and defend in numbers

• richyg01

Jan 11, 2013 at 9:17 AM

@15

I would like to see Lescott come in, but it is a similar situation to Sneijder. His wage demands will cripple any moves away from his current club.

• yorkymag

Jan 11, 2013 at 9:17 AM

Novo
    You right
    That my point ,I have heard that tiote is in the same place as collo and as a consequence look at his form and he too is to be shipped out either in jan or more likely summer

• G

Jan 11, 2013 at 9:17 AM

IM @ 21. A sound tactical choice… if only we had another 5 defenders.

• BelfastMagpie

Jan 11, 2013 at 9:19 AM

There isn’t actually a captain in the squad in my opinion. The two leaders were shipped out last season. If we signed Ashley Willams from Swansea for example. I would make him captain straight away.

• toonarmydownsouth

Jan 11, 2013 at 9:19 AM

Conaldo
    Cabs for me to be captain if colo does go think there are little options really
    Jonas is vice captain but dont think he’d be influential enough to be captain, krul isnt vocal enough, tiote just no, taylor? Not good enough always injured bit of a hot head! Shola! 😉

If colo does leave i think its a bit premature to blame the manager! He’s always talked about his dad being a huge influence on his life and football and think if a chance has arisen to work with him he wants to take it, think its purely family reasons like
    No doubt a few will have there pardew voodoo dolls out but for me i reckon this has little to do with him and more about colo wanting to go home

• davybtoon

Jan 11, 2013 at 9:20 AM

Sage – not that reliable my mate at work who knows someone from the club.

My thought on it is if colo dosent want to b here let him go I’d b happy with mbwia n mirin make. Cabaye captain

• Transfer Sage

Jan 11, 2013 at 9:20 AM

richyg01

depends if he would take a wage cut for a new club or if man city would pay a chunk of his wages to loan him out.

• Transfer Sage

Jan 11, 2013 at 9:23 AM

I have heard that a press conference has been penciled in for middle of next week to announce the signing of multiple players. Heard info backing up what mick lowes said that a couple of deals are all but signed and there will be a statement to the press if not a full conference next week to show these 2 new lads…one meant to be a big name…sorry I have no more detail.

by the way all the blah blah..made up rubbish…useless people think they itk…only ashley and pardew know things…blah blah blah etc….don’t bother, this is for people who are interested.

I never guarantee anything, just pass on what I hear.

• hdavid23

Jan 11, 2013 at 9:26 AM

out of our current squad, i would defo say Cabaye should be the captain… he’s our best player and he used to be a captain at Lille, right? i still wish we kept Joey tho, he’d be best choice

• yorkymag

Jan 11, 2013 at 9:27 AM

Down south

I don’t know enough about what has happened with collo to blame pardew,but there was a massive bust up and pardew was at the centre of it .all about style and tactics.Most of us fans know which side we would lean to

It is not coincidence that collo has got home sick the week after the bust up that apparantley was very heated almost came to blows

Make yourvownnmindupre man management etc ,I am sure collo is not in part responsible but…….

• hdavid23

Jan 11, 2013 at 9:29 AM

Transfer Sage @29
    hope your info is right mate, it’d be interesting to see what position those 2 play and who the big name player is

• TorqToon

Jan 11, 2013 at 9:30 AM

TS – Thats encouraging news mate! Lets hope it comes to fruition. I’m eager to know who this ‘big signing’ will be. You’ve spoken lots about a huge surprise and puts me in a great mood.

On my part – I’ve heard whisperings that we aren’t, and possibly weren’t ever, truly in for Remy. I’ve spoken with the player on a casual basis via work etc and he talks of his admiration for the club and the players we have (which I’ve posted on here before) but I get a feeling that the club itself were using NUFC to increase attention on Remy to up the price and interest for his signature.

Whether this is true or not who knows, but it’s the feeling I get from down here in France.

• lesh

Jan 11, 2013 at 11:29 AM

Transfer @29…

An insider dropped a hint about who the big name might be:

told it’s a CB called Kananinoheaokuuhomeopuukaimanaalohilo who’s currently with Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateapokaiwhenuakitanatahu Utd, a New Zealand side.

Believe it when you see it though!

• toonicle

Jan 11, 2013 at 3:45 PM

Sage- Let’s hope the “big signing” is a CB!