Coloccini Asks To Leave Newcastle To Return To Argentina

Something we have been ignoring this month is the news that Fabricio Coloccini wants to return home to Argentina in the January transfer window, and his father Osvaldo  has said the reason for this has to do with personal matters.

fab coloccini and alan pardew

Coloccini and Pardew – has there been a bust up?

We have no idea if this story is true, but we have noticed that the Newcastle captain has not given any interviews now for several weeks, and of course his form has not been god over the last 16 games, in which the team has had only two wins, and of those we have lost 9 of the last 11 league games.

The Independent is reporting in an exclusive that the 30-year-old has told club officials today that he indeed wants to return home to Argentina, and before the end of the month too.

Fabricio signed a new deal at Newcastle only last year, and he is the highest paid player on the Newcastle books, and we just have to think there is something wrong in the Newcastle dressing room – if this news is correct.

The news is that his representatives have flown into Newcastle and told the club Fabricio wants to leave, and of course there have been reports that Pardew and Coloccini have not exactly seen eye to eye of late, and Coloccini even criticized the way Newcastle play the game recently, with the team using long balls far too much.

As we said, we are a little dubious to think this story is true, because it will be a huge hit to Newcastle, as the club are busy fighting relegation.

And it hardly helps the preparation for the game at Norwich City on Saturday.

The club he wants to join is Lorenzo, and as we said, we have ignored this story simply because we didn’t think it could possibly be true.

But this news could be devastating to the club, and we would expect Newcastle to issue some kind of statement about this soon – and hopefully it’s just made up nonsense – and after all Coloccini has a contract to honor at Newcastle.

San Lorenzo are not a rich club and could hardly match the transfer fee Newcastle would ask for the Argentine International and their President, Matias Lammens, has said they are interested in signing Fabricio:

“Coloccini to San Lorenzo is the plan A, B and C,” “He represents much more than football – he played here six months and was champion, his father works at the club and is a fan. The deadline is next week but we cannot do anything crazy with the budget.”

After the antics of Demba Ba leaving for bigger money at Chelsea, this is the last thing we want to hear, in what has been one of Newcastle’s worst runs ever in the Premier League.

We hope this news is not true.

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 us on Google+:

You can also reach Ed at admin@nufcblog.com

=============================================

• AusMagpie

Jan 11, 2013 at 4:44 AM

Great.

• Indian Magpie

Jan 11, 2013 at 4:45 AM

Arsenal and Chelsea took Flights to Norwich and we are taking a bus. Cheap. CheapCheapCheap

• pizzicatochan

Jan 11, 2013 at 4:55 AM

@Indian, before you said that, how far away is Norwich from Tyneside?

• beastie182

Jan 11, 2013 at 4:58 AM

Newcastle would be mad to let him go at the minute unless of course they have two quality cb’s lined up, but as im sure most of you would agree its not very likley. Bad to worse …what next. Whach this space. :-/

• IITianToon

Jan 11, 2013 at 4:59 AM

Distances:
    Newcastle to Norwich: 253 mi
    London to Norwich: 117 mi
    According to Google Maps.

• Indian Magpie

Jan 11, 2013 at 5:00 AM

i know NUFC is northeast, and london is closer to norwich

• Indian Magpie

Jan 11, 2013 at 5:02 AM

Cristiano Ronaldo congratulates Lionel Messi on winning his fourth Ballon d’Or

Dear Lionel,

I am writing you this note to offer my congratulations on winning the Ballon d’Or. Again. As you can see by the look on my face, I am very happy for you. Please forgive me for not congratulating you at the gala, but since I am so tall and statuesque and you are so tiny and maintain terrible posture, I couldn’t find you in the crowd. Also, since someone played a joke on you by telling you to wear that garish spotted jacket and tie, I didn’t want to keep you from getting home and changing your clothes as fast as you possibly could. That’s how thoughtful I am.

It was another tremendous year for me, and, supposedly, for you as well. You had to set a world record in order to score more goals than me. Of course, smart people know that team accomplishments are far more important than personal achievements and I helped my club to win La Liga in 2012 whereas you only helped your club win the Copa del Rey. The year my club only won the Copa del Rey, I did not win the Ballon d’Or. I suppose this just shows that voters hold me to a higher standard than you.

Anyway, you have now won the Ballon d’Or a record four times in row. I guess you’re happy about that. Yet, Andy Gray, England’s most respected sexist broadcaster, has questioned whether you could play well on a cold night in Stoke. After all, you have only won titles for one club, whereas I have won titles for clubs in La Liga and the Premier League. But very few players have the physical talent and mental strength to prove themselves on different teams and in different leagues, so you should only feel a little bit bad about that.

People are always trying to compare you and I, but there really is no comparison. Yes, we were both named after Americans — I was named after Ronald Reagan, a talented actor and two-term president, whereas you were named after Lionel Richie, a man who sang about dancing on the ceiling. Which is both impossible and patently ridiculous. I impregnated a woman and created a child in 2010, but it took you until 2012 to figure out how to do those things. I grew tall and strong naturally and you needed enough growth hormones to make even Lance Armstrong feel guilty in order to be neither of those things. Also, I wear proper tuxedos to formal events while you wear a suit made out of clown pants. So comparing us is both silly and unfair.

In conclusion, I congratulate you, Leo. But remember: No matter how many Ballon d’Or awards you win, I still won it first.

Confidently yours,

Cristiano Ronaldo

P.S. My apologies for writing this letter in English, one of several languages I am able to speak, when I know you only speak Spanish. Maybe Gerard Pique will translate it for you.

😆 Ronaldo

• adriansignell

Jan 11, 2013 at 5:02 AM

This can’t be true, he JUST bought a new house??

• IITianToon

Jan 11, 2013 at 5:03 AM

Imagine if Cisse finds his goalscoring form and Colo leaves, then, forget United, City,Chelsea, there would be just one club whose games will always be shown Live. 😀

• cla5hb0y68

Jan 11, 2013 at 5:04 AM

TV in Buenos Aries is saying that Colo is staying in England, the actual quote says -“Coloccini is far from coming back, he’s to stay in England”!

• Assam Toon

Jan 11, 2013 at 5:11 AM

colo leaving would be such a huge setback for the other players and us, particularly at this serious situation. but as someone from india’s northeast staying in new delhi (2500km) on work, i can undersand if colo wants to go home. he has been very professional and a great servant to the club, so would have given him a standing ovation on his final day. and of course he can f*** my wife too. but i hope he stays…makes no financial sense at the moment.

• chuck

Jan 11, 2013 at 5:36 AM

With the recent form of the side, plus the plunge downward in the league, there’s been a tightening of sphincters at the top level of management.
    Who apart from looking for the panic button, have no clue as to what it’s about and whos first reaction is to make the signings the were too cheap to fork out for during the summer.
    But it’s more than that, there’s obviously unrest in the dressing room, with Pardew falling out with his captain.
    Plus the same lackluster efforts from the side, that reminds us of the recent relegation season.
    Pardews criticism of the youngsters, hell anyone, but himself, strikes me of a man in a state of panic who has no clue and is about to have a meltdown.
    Who knows the players may be trying to get him fired, there was criticism by both Ba and Collo, concerning the style of route one football being played.
    Time for a change ? think soh!

• jimmysmith

Jan 11, 2013 at 6:09 AM

It’s truly now a Truman Show scenario or Communist plot. It really has become a farce.

• Wandering Geordie

Jan 11, 2013 at 6:59 AM

I have been following this for the last few days and reporting it on here.officials were talking to our board on Wednesday and hoping to conclude a deal by Friday.

• one Tony Green

Jan 11, 2013 at 7:28 AM

Indian stop posting the Ronaldo thing it is not funny. And get your facts straight first Newcastle are flying to Norwich. Are you sure your not Johnny Decker.

• craigcoozy

Jan 11, 2013 at 7:50 AM

Colo story is very true, and if any of you followed the entertainers 2days ago which i put on danny simpson article you would of known …….cc

• beddersmag

Jan 11, 2013 at 8:01 AM

He got a lass in cramlington pregnant and his wife has left him and went back to argentina. Heard that week ago and told the blog and now its happening

• Colo-Sus

Jan 11, 2013 at 8:02 AM

CLa5hb0y68

Where is that quote from? What TV show? Is it a reliable one? More details please

• Bucks mag

Jan 11, 2013 at 8:45 AM

Unfortunately Tim Vickery, South American football expert, reported this a few weeks ago on the world football phone-in podcast, and I have to say he’s the journalist whose news I trust the most

• Puppet Pardew

Jan 11, 2013 at 8:46 AM

Good morning, my little sunbeams. As some of the more astute of you might have noticed we (that is Michael and I, the dream team) are going to ignore the lack of quality at CB and stick to one striker. So, we need to buy big in midfield to stop us being overrun. This is leaving me the option of 3-6-1 at the moment, but if we can get rid of Captain Colo and buy yet another midfielder I can maybe see a good case for going to 2-7-1.

Don’t worry if it’s too complex – I’m miles ahead of the rest, footy wise, me!!!

• hazzy

Jan 11, 2013 at 8:48 AM

Indian Magpie
    does that letter have a point to it? or is it supposed to be funny? I can’t find a point or any part that is funny just a waste of blog space

• yorkymag

Jan 11, 2013 at 8:59 AM

This is no doubt a complex issue ,and we will only hear snippets but the real problem is that Pardew has lost the respect of a number in the dressing room.There are only two ways out of this either remove the manager or get rid of the players who are perceived to be the issue.
    We know that pardew is here for the immediate long term.
    So we are looking for two centre backs

• guymaxwell

Jan 11, 2013 at 9:02 AM

Almost regardless of whether the story, as reported is true, there are a couple of problems with it moving forwards.

Point 1: Coloccini is not yet at a stage where he can buy himself out of his contract, I believe that it has to be in its final year, it’s not, it’s just past its first year!

Which means ….

Point 2: A transfer fee is required and there seems less than no chance that San Lorenzo could afford that.

I am uncertain as to what personal matters could require attending to, but as someone who lived in Australia I know that most things can be done remotely (other than deal with homesickness).

His wife and kids are still in Newcastle, so it’s probably not that.

My hunch is that it is his father and San Lorenzo shit stirring for PR purposes at their end.

• nufc 11

Jan 11, 2013 at 11:22 AM

Id ship him out gladly if we could get replacements his form has been dreadful to say the least and he is the one leading says everything to me.

• Lee Dodd

Jan 11, 2013 at 12:06 PM

He is the one Player We have to Keep. He cant do it all on his own . Hamstring Injurys and that Daft Red Card Didnt help him. He will always be a Newcastle Hero No Matter what BUT if he does go Not In Jan FAB !!!!

• jon.c

Jan 11, 2013 at 1:25 PM

Fab has been a good servant to this club and i feel he is frustated with some of the players and the way we play just punt the ball up and hope.The way our management fob us off is totally out of order if you want a player go get him do not haggle over a few pounds(we are not buying sports equipment)
    We must waste thousands in expenses of delegations going abroad to negotiate so called transfers.I bet they dont travel by EASY JET

• toonbrother

Jan 11, 2013 at 2:00 PM

Hope its true! If he stays in the first team we’ll probably get relegated

• Premiership Manager

Jan 11, 2013 at 4:24 PM

This is all the club needs at the moment. Morale at rock bottom and our best players leaving – Yet another roller coaster season.

Ashley had best put his hand in his pockets otherwise the only way is down

• BADMAG

Jan 11, 2013 at 4:44 PM

colo has been caught playing away from home his wife is behind his sudden wish to play football in argentina… fact

• disillusionedmag

Jan 11, 2013 at 7:18 PM

Why can’t these overpaid primadonnas learn to tie a knot in it? Who would blame Mrs Colo for upping sticks and going back to Argentina with the kids?