Newcastle Make A Move For Yann M’Vila

Some news breaking today is that Newcastle are interested in signing Rennes midfielder Yann M’Vila this month, and the 22 year-old French International defensive midfielder certainly wants to leave the French league, and his first choice seems to be the Premier League.

yann M'Vila

Yann M’Vila – Newcastle interested?

We have no idea if this news is true, or whether Newcastle would be able to sign the 22 times capped French International if they were interested, with the news that manager Alan Pardew has expressed an interest in the France international, to give some bite to the frail Newcastle defense.

But some big clubs are also interested in the player, and Newcastle are not one of the six big clubs in England, so it could be difficult to attract the player, even if we are interested in him.

And the fee being asked for M’Vila is £17M, and surely that means there is absolutely no way Newcastle could be interested in a player who would cost that sort of money.

Last November bad boy M’Vila was banned from playing for France until 2014 after an unauthorized night on the town while he was on Under-21 International duty, and he was also arrested for assault on a 17 year-old in France.

So one question is whether Newcastle need this kind of character on Tyneside – we think not.

We really have a hard job believing there’s any truth at all in these reports.

The 22 year-old has played 146 times for Rennes with four goals and has 22 International caps for France.

What do you think?

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 us on Google+:

You can also reach Ed at admin@nufcblog.com

=============================================

• Indian Magpie

Jan 11, 2013 at 5:05 AM

Cristiano Ronaldo congratulates Lionel Messi on winning his fourth Ballon d’Or

Dear Lionel,

I am writing you this note to offer my congratulations on winning the Ballon d’Or. Again. As you can see by the look on my face, I am very happy for you. Please forgive me for not congratulating you at the gala, but since I am so tall and statuesque and you are so tiny and maintain terrible posture, I couldn’t find you in the crowd. Also, since someone played a joke on you by telling you to wear that garish spotted jacket and tie, I didn’t want to keep you from getting home and changing your clothes as fast as you possibly could. That’s how thoughtful I am.

It was another tremendous year for me, and, supposedly, for you as well. You had to set a world record in order to score more goals than me. Of course, smart people know that team accomplishments are far more important than personal achievements and I helped my club to win La Liga in 2012 whereas you only helped your club win the Copa del Rey. The year my club only won the Copa del Rey, I did not win the Ballon d’Or. I suppose this just shows that voters hold me to a higher standard than you.

Anyway, you have now won the Ballon d’Or a record four times in row. I guess you’re happy about that. Yet, Andy Gray, England’s most respected sexist broadcaster, has questioned whether you could play well on a cold night in Stoke. After all, you have only won titles for one club, whereas I have won titles for clubs in La Liga and the Premier League. But very few players have the physical talent and mental strength to prove themselves on different teams and in different leagues, so you should only feel a little bit bad about that.

People are always trying to compare you and I, but there really is no comparison. Yes, we were both named after Americans — I was named after Ronald Reagan, a talented actor and two-term president, whereas you were named after Lionel Richie, a man who sang about dancing on the ceiling. Which is both impossible and patently ridiculous. I impregnated a woman and created a child in 2010, but it took you until 2012 to figure out how to do those things. I grew tall and strong naturally and you needed enough growth hormones to make even Lance Armstrong feel guilty in order to be neither of those things. Also, I wear proper tuxedos to formal events while you wear a suit made out of clown pants. So comparing us is both silly and unfair.

In conclusion, I congratulate you, Leo. But remember: No matter how many Ballon d’Or awards you win, I still won it first.

Confidently yours,

Cristiano Ronaldo

P.S. My apologies for writing this letter in English, one of several languages I am able to speak, when I know you only speak Spanish. Maybe Gerard Pique will translate it for you.

😆 Ronaldo

• NEWEXPATMAGPIE

Jan 11, 2013 at 5:20 AM

Sounds like a French version of Nile Ranger !

But he is very young and if handled properly, who knows?

Another additional name to our endless list of targets.

• YankToonFan

Jan 11, 2013 at 5:24 AM

If only this were true I would be ecstatic.

Great player…

• 89Norcal

Jan 11, 2013 at 5:26 AM

Way above our price range unfortunately. Especially if he’s going to be in and out of jail 🙂

Hopefully this Colo news is a misunderstanding. I can’t fathom him jumping ship just because of our poor results, something must be going on.

• Assam Toon

Jan 11, 2013 at 5:29 AM

Pardew says its good to have cabaye back, its like a new signing……NOT! its like a new signing if u r a league one club. in premier league u were supposed to have his replacement all the time. and having HBA and the taylors back is likewise. there is a pattern to his transfer time quotes. he gives some hope and then he negates that by something like this later.

• vuckic

Jan 11, 2013 at 5:36 AM

Correction ED mvila was courted at 17mill last season and wenger refused to pay that much.His value has taken a dip as it is belived he could leave renne for as little as 8million.that’s definately in our range.

• doonundertoon

Jan 11, 2013 at 5:37 AM

The reported fee is 6m not 17m, 17m was the figure arsenal was qouted last year when he was being touted as the next viera

• Charlietoon

Jan 11, 2013 at 5:42 AM

I think it is interesting for you to make a headline about us moving for a player when all we have heard is a rumour…which you yourself discount in the very article you’ve written.

• Oldgit1

Jan 11, 2013 at 5:44 AM

Can’t see this happening not at 17 m, his background ain’t good. I’m more concerned re colo, he is our captain for god sake, can players just walk away from a contract at a whim? He is a good player on his day although to be fair he hasnt been at his best for quite a few games and doesn’t seem to captain the team as you would expect. Perhaps a change is needed to our defence but feel that the time is not right, just bring in a new CB and hope the defence clicks.

• Assam Toon

Jan 11, 2013 at 5:51 AM

if we buy french players only why not buy joey barton. then u get a player who used to be english, used to be a magpie and used to be comparatively quiet during his times here. but seriously we shouldnt have let nolan go…dont give a shit about dominating characters in dressing room and all that.

• 89Norcal

Jan 11, 2013 at 5:59 AM

doonunder

If you’re right then it wouldn’t be a bad buy provided he stays focused. Think I’d rather have Sissoko though

• one Tony Green

Jan 11, 2013 at 6:04 AM

Tell you what I think Ed your article is as as good as Indians post is funny.
    @Indian hard to believe but your sense of humour is worse than your knowledge of football.
    Charlietoon sums up the article beautifully.

• IITianToon

Jan 11, 2013 at 6:23 AM

Its Friday Friday gotta get down on Friday 😀

• jeff

Jan 11, 2013 at 6:24 AM

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL indian LOOOOOOOOOOL

• cyprus

Jan 11, 2013 at 6:33 AM

So, Colo’s tiny argument ‘between winners’ (AP and Colo) was a bit more than that, AP. Obviously, he’s willing to take a major cut just to get the hell out. And he can’t wait 8 years until the Manager of the Year’s contract runs out.
    ———————
    On another matter, somewhat related as, bottom line, it’s players who REALLY get results, not coaches. 18 million a year for Guardiola?? Wasn’t Barca doing fine before him, and now, after him? With those kind of players, would I or even you 🙂 lose as coach?

• cyprus

Jan 11, 2013 at 6:34 AM

Indian,
    Is Ronaldo that nasty

• 89Norcal

Jan 11, 2013 at 6:38 AM

cyprus

Barca were declining rapidly before Guardiola’s arrival. They were transitioning to a new generation of players. Everyone knows 11 men can’t win by themselves. Far too many egos involved.

• Indian Magpie

Jan 11, 2013 at 6:38 AM

One tony green

You are a clown, believe me

• Indian Magpie

Jan 11, 2013 at 6:40 AM

Cyprus,
    Probably

• cyprus

Jan 11, 2013 at 6:47 AM

89, I do get your point, and it’s correct, but they have players who could win without anyone on the bench…
    More controversy: Is Carr losing it? For a super scout, shouldn’t he be digging up players like Cathorla and the Swansea forward for good prices? If , say, Amalfitano is one for the future, then isn’t it true that he won’t fit our ‘model’ by then because he’ll be too old? Is France the only footballing country in the world?

• Indian Magpie

Jan 11, 2013 at 6:50 AM

Cyprus

France is the only footballing country where Ashley can shop.

• 89Norcal

Jan 11, 2013 at 6:53 AM

cyprus

I think getting French players was at first about value and now it’s a draw for higher level French talent like Remy. Definitely makes us the better choice if he leaves Marsielles.

And about Carr, we are in a situation where we need senior players immediately, because we seem to be sticking to our old targets from last summer and in Remy’s case, 2 years ago. He did find Bigi at least, or someone did.

• cyprus

Jan 11, 2013 at 6:54 AM

Indian, maybe. Last year,cyprus vs portugal, Ronaldo couldn’t be bothered, then we started chanting Messi Messi. That clearly riled him, you could see. Result? He scored two goals, finishing us off. On the other hand, he is a great player, Ronaldo, even if he’s a jerk.

• Pardews Parsnip Bonce

Jan 11, 2013 at 6:55 AM

for anybody who still meant realise how this works. ed reports the news then gives his opinion. he is not himself making the news up. so if he dismisses the story that’s just opinion on what is being reported. get it now?

• Indian Magpie

Jan 11, 2013 at 7:00 AM

Cyprus,

2nd best in the world, can’t be that bad. Ashley is really p!ssing me off.

• cyprus

Jan 11, 2013 at 7:02 AM

Pardews, finally you get it

• headtheball

Jan 11, 2013 at 7:04 AM

Funny article Indian. Ignore Les Misarables.

• Indian Magpie

Jan 11, 2013 at 7:07 AM

Head the ball

Was just sharing the piece with the blog for some light hearted humour

• ?Miguel?

Tiote Mvilla
    Cabaye. Anita
    Hba
    Cisse

• matthewjai

Jan 11, 2013 at 7:24 AM

Debuchy n santon can be wing backs they offer strong attacking option. We dont really need wingers tbh

• ?Miguel?

Jan 11, 2013 at 7:27 AM

No mate, put a smile on my face, serious

• Shane

Jan 11, 2013 at 7:29 AM

Morning

I love how Ed always states, “we have no idea if this news is true…” Yes we do Ed, it’s not. 🙂

It does create some interesting debate though so can’t complain.

Sell Tiote and buy M’Vila with the moneys?

• Indian Magpie

Jan 11, 2013 at 7:31 AM

For all those pardew puckerers

if rumours are 2 b believed then its Coloccini’s irreconcilable differences with pardew that are causing him to put in transfer request

• Jail for Ashley

Jan 11, 2013 at 7:31 AM

With the Demba Ba money already spent and mid January looming do you honestly think anybody else will be bought unless they sell one of Tiote, Cabaye or HBA.

• Indian Magpie

Jan 11, 2013 at 7:32 AM

?Miguel?

Thanks

• tweaked

Jan 11, 2013 at 7:33 AM

for me collo can go if he is replaced with german perzella a younger and better quality CB than collo, someone who is not out run by the likes of suarez, rooney

• Shane

Jan 11, 2013 at 7:34 AM

Morning Blogf_ckerssss,

It does make for some interesting debates though so can’t complain.

Sell Tiote and use the cash to buy M’Vila?