Newcastle Linked With £5M Rated Danish Center-Back

Newcastle are being linked with 20 year-old Danish International center-back Jores Okore, who plays for Nordsjaelland in the Danish Superliga.

Jores Okore

Jores Okore – Newcastle interested

The lad has already played four times for the full Danish side, and yet he doesn’t turn 21 until August, so the 6′ defender, who was born in Abidjan in the Ivory Coast, seems a top up-and-coming youngster, and Manchester United are also said to be interested in the player.

The Danish international defender is said to be available for around £5M and he has been very impressive for Nordsjaelland in the Champions League games this season.

Okore started his career in 2000 with Danish second division club Boldklubben af 1893 when he was just 8 years old, and he then joined Nordsjaelland in 2007.

He made his league debut against AC Horsens in April of 2011,  and in September of the same year  Okore made his international Youth debut for the Danish under-21 at the age of 19, and played in the UEFA Under-21 Championship Qualifier, winning 3–0 against Northern Ireland.

He then made his full International debut in a friendly against Sweden in November of 2011.

Okore has played 58 times for Nordsjaelland with two goals, and he seems a good player in the making to us.

What do you think?

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 us on Google+:

You can also reach Ed at admin@nufcblog.com

=============================================

• AMEOBI

Jan 12, 2013 at 2:58 AM

Never heard of him.. I’m open for any new signings, better than none

• paddythemagpie

Jan 12, 2013 at 3:01 AM

REPOST :yea stuart ur black..cool quit playin the racist card…how was he meant to know ur black..sad attention seeker who wants to boycott the club..get a grip will ya!!!
    Also read eds comments no place for politics or religion

• Ruddy Marveaux-lous

Jan 12, 2013 at 3:02 AM

Repost from previous thread

Stuart

You are an absolute moron, how can someone be accused of racism when I have no prior knowledge of your ethnicity. Also, the jibe “like talking to a monkey” isn’t even a racist remark if directed at a black person. Intent is the fundamental element in anything, if I did not know you were black, how could there possibly be any intent towards racism? Now grow up and stop being such a child.

As you yourself quipped, it is all about perception, you happen to choose to perceive that as a racist remark.

• nick_9

Jan 12, 2013 at 3:07 AM

Well that escalated quickly…..

Sign some effing players man, surely a club with 50,000 fans still in Europe with a large French contingent can still attract a good calibre of player. It’s all fine and dandy players wanting to assess their options until the end of the window but I want them now and they need to know that. Ashley, llambias, charnley whoever needs to make our targets aware of that. We’ve got three winnable games this month and can still salvage a respectable finish.

• Ruddy Marveaux-lous

Jan 12, 2013 at 3:09 AM

Nick 9

“I mean that really got outta hand fast.”
    “It jumped up a notch”
    “It did didn’t it”

Hopefully that was what you were alluding to, but if not then I probably have confused you no end haha

• jeff

Jan 12, 2013 at 3:09 AM

disgusted with people like ruddy resorting to racist taunts after discovering their logic was invalid

• Ruddy Marveaux-lous

Jan 12, 2013 at 3:11 AM

Jeff

So the Mackem blogs got nothing worth talking about then? If calling me racist while you’re pretending to support Newcastle (must not go down too well your end) gives you kicks then have at it.

• paddythemagpie

Jan 12, 2013 at 3:13 AM

well said ruddy..was tryin to find them words myself!!
    he just made himself sound like a complete twat!!

• jeff

Jan 12, 2013 at 3:13 AM

settle tiger

sarcasm on the internet, love it

• swemag

Jan 12, 2013 at 3:15 AM

5 mill seems a bit much. Danish league?

• Ruddy Marveaux-lous

Jan 12, 2013 at 3:15 AM

Paddy

2 threads back stuart just stated:

“Ruddy we’ll sort this in the morning. I’ll speak to Ed”

About what exactly? Loses an argument and plays the racism card? Bloody ridiculous, but mud sticks and be damned if I want that label.

• nick_9

Jan 12, 2013 at 3:16 AM

Ruddy yeah, I stabbed a man in the heart.

Big game today, league table could be very ugly if we lose

• Ruddy Marveaux-lous

Jan 12, 2013 at 3:20 AM

Nick 9

“I saw that, Brick killed a guy” haha

Massive game, in terms of points, psychological blow of Hughton possibly getting one up on Mashley and Del, and the overall feeling of doom and despair looming large.

Massive game.

• paddythemagpie

Jan 12, 2013 at 3:23 AM

yea its disgusting…how wer u to know what his ethniticity was…its just laughable..has he ed on speed dial…think not!!!
    im reading this blog a while but dont comment much…i always read ur posts and at no point have u ever come across in that way…i got ur back buddy,let him play the racist card#easywayout

• ~Anita One Bites the Dust~

Jan 12, 2013 at 3:27 AM

So… how’s everybody?

• Ruddy Marveaux-lous

Jan 12, 2013 at 3:29 AM

Paddy

Cheers for the backing there fella. Just to clarify to anyone that may still be thinking I harbour racist thoughts, I certainly do not advocate racism in any way shape or form. I don’t think what I said was even remotely racist given its context, even if I was aware of his ethnicity and that I would never resort to discussions about race in any debate, discussion or argument as it is absolutely disgusting.

Further more, people who try and drag others down to a base level by claiming they are racist when no racist comments have been made are equally disgusting as they are cheapening the merits of those who genuinely suffer racist abuse. Stuart you are a joke mate.

• paddythemagpie

Jan 12, 2013 at 3:34 AM

good man ruddy ere ere!!lets get back to supportin the toon like we do best..am away for sweet dreams of a 2 -0 win tomorow an a brace for our true no 9 cisse
    howtl

• Ruddy Marveaux-lous

Jan 12, 2013 at 3:35 AM

All the best Paddy, here’s hoping them dreams come true cus lad we bloody need it to! Night lad!

• Sir Erec

Jan 12, 2013 at 3:48 AM

Been following Okore for a while, this guy is a beast, is young, and with the right coaching can become pretty special.

5mil may be a bit, but I think that fee is speaking a lot towards his potential.

Not like it is related at all, but just note that the last bloke we passed up from the Danish league went on to become arguably one of the top center halfs in EPL for the last couple years ( Hangeland).

• MacToon

Jan 12, 2013 at 3:49 AM

At last, about Colo on radio 5 live……

Tim Vickery says, the story in Argentina is that Colo is a huge fan of San Lorenzo and wants to play for them especially with the change of regime there and his Dad’s involment in the club.
    He also says the stories we’re getting are not the same as the stories reported in Argentina!

The plot thickens.

• MacToon

Jan 12, 2013 at 3:54 AM

He hints that Colo’s putting pressure on NUFC to get his move and the stories about being homesick and/or family problems etc. are not the same as the what’s reported there.
    Colo’s Dad has been on record saying for weeks that Colo wants to come back home and play for his favourite team and is not something that’s just occured over the last week or so!

• ONLINE GUY

Jan 12, 2013 at 3:54 AM

Ruddy ..Previous page we were on just check out post 39 and save it ..read post 25 and post 30 .. Stu ask’s the question in post 25 ..sort of resolves things for you. nite all.

• Kc-Toon

Jan 12, 2013 at 4:14 AM

I wouldnt begrudge colo for any personal reason serious enough to affect his family life, im sure we would all side with family rather than a job.
    Although, if he just fancies being part of his dads set up, Has women chasing him around with little bairns with afros ,or spat his dummy out at being spun a lie whilst signing a new contract, Id be fairly pissed off !
    Has anyone heard about players in the past that have gone through this sort of thing ?

• iggystinger

Jan 12, 2013 at 4:16 AM

thats an absolute joke if sissoko is tae join the soap dodgin bas##rd mackems why would he want to play for the manky mob when he can play in the black and white o the TOON ARMY

• tweaked

Jan 12, 2013 at 4:18 AM

Still don’t know why we are not trying to get perzella instead he is a quality CB and what we desperately need, this CB still has a lot to learn

• Kc-Toon

Jan 12, 2013 at 4:39 AM

Krul
    Debuchy williamson Colo Santon
    Bigi
    Cabaye Anita
    Obertan marv
    Cisse

Team id go for tommorow, Although there isnt really much choice, Perhaps Guti for Bigi, Although Bigi has impressed me so much more than Guti this season. I think id also favour williamson over perch agaisnt norwich , being a more physical team

• jeff

Jan 12, 2013 at 4:58 AM

just cross-ip checked ruddy and paddy… turns out they have the same ip, who would have guessed

• Ruddy Marveaux-lous

Jan 12, 2013 at 5:02 AM

No you didn’t you pathetic little liar, do you really have nothing else to do than to make up crap?

• Ruddy Marveaux-lous

Jan 12, 2013 at 5:06 AM

As if a mackem could actually cross check ip addresses. Frankly I’m surprised you found out how to turn on your bloody computer.

• RonVanDam

Jan 12, 2013 at 5:27 AM

Ruddy Marveaux-lous

Just ignore him and interact with other bloggers discussing our transfers and tonight’s name. Sometimes its smarter to walk away than add fire.

back to the blog. I think Okore will be a excellent transfer, way better than Tomkins.

• Blaydon-Toon

Jan 12, 2013 at 5:32 AM

Ronvam so do you know much about this lad ? Have to say I know zip all about him but the way I see it anyone who comes in at CB has to be better than poor Willo …

• IITianToon

Jan 12, 2013 at 5:34 AM

Match day!!!!
    Is our game LIVE on any channel by chance? We have lost EVERY game I have watched on stream. Starting from West Ham right till last Everton game.
    I say play Cabs from the start and take him off after 60.. whats the point of bringing him on at 80 when the game is more or less decided, especially if we are behind.

• Ruddy Marveaux-lous

Jan 12, 2013 at 5:34 AM

RVD

Guess you’re right.

Can’t say I know anything about this kid but it sounds like he comes with glowing recommendations from those who have seen him. Also I don’t think Tomkins is a bad player and he has PL experience which will be vital if we lose Colo.

• Blaydon-Toon

Jan 12, 2013 at 5:37 AM

Ruddy do you ever sleep …. I’m on nightshift so have an excuse to be up at this ungodly hour 🙂

• Ruddy Marveaux-lous

Jan 12, 2013 at 5:39 AM

Blaydon

I was on an unreal run in FM2013 (I know it sounds mental but when I go on a winning streak I can’t leave it, I get superstitious haha just lost to Wigan away (I’m Ipswich) so it’s bedtime for me now)

😀

• RonVanDam

Jan 12, 2013 at 5:42 AM

I’ve seen him play about 4 times. Best way to describe him is , think of Collo in Tiotis body with with Tiotis aggressiveness without the yellow cards. He is absolute tank and times seems to play end to end football with a eye for for goal. Haven’t seen him score any but makes his presence felt in the 18 yard box

• Kc-Toon

Jan 12, 2013 at 5:55 AM

Thats the only bit of footage i could find of him. He seems a very good technical player for a big lad, Exactly how RVD described him, TIOTCHINIesque. Only worry i have , is wondering why on earth he is so far up the pitch throughout the footage !

• RonVanDam

Jan 12, 2013 at 6:00 AM

Just want to add, hes not that tall. Looks alot like Wigans Kone in stature. Quicker than Collo 🙂

• 89Norcal

Jan 12, 2013 at 6:09 AM

Christ, an attacking-center back. Now I’ve seen it all 🙂

• davybtoon

Jan 12, 2013 at 6:17 AM

If Sunderland signed Moussa sissohko I think I’d give up liking football ha, this lad has got the choice to play for some of the biggest clubs in Europe n he could sign for the scum I don’t think so