The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!

Remy Medical May Take Longer Than Usual

9:14 am, Monday, January 14th, 2013 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 30 Comments

Loic Remy is now in Newcastle, and will undergo a medical, but it may take a bit longer than other medicals, as Remy was diagnosed with a heart condition in 2010, although that health condition did not stop him moving from Nice to Marseilles for €8M in June of 2010.

loic remy france 99

Loic Remy – signing to be announced tomorrow

And with the scare of Bolton’s Fabrice Muamba last March at Tottenham, the medical team will want to make sure the condition is such that he can safely continue to play football on Tyneside.

The news coming out of the Newcastle Journal this morning, is that the plan is to announce Loic Remy as a Newcastle player tomorrow, with today set aside for a complete and thorough medical, and the announcement will come as terrific news to Newcastle fans.

With Debuchy already on board, and Yohan Cabaye starting the game on Saturday against Reading, and Steven Taylor likely to be on the bench and Shola Ameobi back from his one match ban, the acquisition of Remy further strengthens the Newcastle squad.

And the squad is now  a lot stronger than it’s been over the last couple of months, when we’ve made a very bad habit of losing games.

It’s still not going to be easy to get away from the relegation zone, but if we can pull ourselves together and get some wins under our belts soon, a good run at the end of the season could set Newcastle up well for another tilt at the top six next season.

And we don’t think the spending in January will stop with Remy either, and at least two new players will still be coming in, and more if  Fabricio Coloccini gets his wish to return to Argentina this month.

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 us on Google+:

You can also reach Ed at admin@nufcblog.com

=============================================

Tags: Loic Remy · Medical · Newcastle News · Transfer News and Rumours

30 responses so far ↓

• 1 NUFCWill1986 // Jan 14, 2013 at 9:17 AM

Sign him up :-)

• 2 rainrix // Jan 14, 2013 at 9:18 AM

The heart problem wont be a problem. He can still play professionally, although the fact is his heart will raise a flag on a medical regardless.

Also good news depending on your view point ;)

• 3 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Jan 14, 2013 at 9:19 AM

If he is unwield tomorrow I don’t see this talking longer thn udual :-)

…Debuchy was unwield the day after his medical (as seems to be the case with Remy)

• 4 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Jan 14, 2013 at 9:19 AM

*than usual

• 5 JAMSHA // Jan 14, 2013 at 9:20 AM

yesssssssssss nw a CB plzzzzzzzz

• 6 BigKirky // Jan 14, 2013 at 9:22 AM

Bring it on!

• 7 TorqToon // Jan 14, 2013 at 9:22 AM

Morning Jesp – I knew that would be your first question of the day!

He is a tank! On a professional basis he is the epitome of an athlete. Speaks a small bit if English but still struggled to understand my Geordie twang, so was accompanied by an interpreter. He knew the badge as mentioned it upon seeing my keys, and, as I have said before, regards NUFC extremely highly in this country.

Cabella and stambouli always impress me with work ethic and ability. All the talk at the moment is around colo leaving and, if verified, Isimat-Mirin or Yanga-Mbiwa to come in. I even spoke to somebody linked with The national side who have heard of a possible double deal being written up (replace colo and by an additional CB). He wouldn’t tell me where he heard this which is why i thought is post it here to see what people think.

The highlight for me was the Marseilles game and hearing fans complain and protest about Remy being allowed to leave for us and how cheap he is going for!

• 8 Harley // Jan 14, 2013 at 9:23 AM

Does anyone know if he’s cup tied for Europe?

• 9 TorqToon // Jan 14, 2013 at 9:23 AM

Yo – would that give me OFFICIAL ITK status? Because that’s truly what dreams are made of!!

Les – “Do whatever I had to do when I speak to Arouna Koné!” people said!!

• 10 Rotonda heights // Jan 14, 2013 at 9:23 AM

Vive la France!!!

Debuchy
    Benny
    Remy
    Cabaye
    Sissoko (fingers crossed)

5 internationals!!!

Who was the oher guy apart from Niafron and Torq who had French connections?

• 11 TorqToon // Jan 14, 2013 at 9:25 AM

Harley – Yes he is mate. Same way as Ba is cup tied for Chelski.

• 12 davybtoon // Jan 14, 2013 at 9:27 AM

Mirin will b our new cb, his club have just bought a replacement for 1mill

• 13 Rotonda heights // Jan 14, 2013 at 9:29 AM

davy

hope so but apparently liverpool are also strongly linked

• 14 TorqToon // Jan 14, 2013 at 9:29 AM

Also replacement for Harps being lined up also! Just spoke to a friend who works full time in French football at a Ligue 1 club.

A cracking player who will not only upgrade harps and Elliot, but push Timmy all the way! :-)

• 15 WWYCD // Jan 14, 2013 at 9:29 AM

Torq
    It would of yes but first rule of being ITK is never admitting to being ITK or admitting to wanting to be ITK. U must say u have no idea what a ITK is and u merely ‘pass on information u hear’

• 16 TorqToon // Jan 14, 2013 at 9:32 AM

Somebody mentioned that Remy didn’t know about the money on offer from QPR before turning them down? Not entirely true – he knew the figures being talked about.

But the real reason – which will truly forge a bond with all NUFC everywhere – his huge dislike for Harry Redknapp, going all the way back to spurs approach for him! Good lad, Loic!

• 17 Transfer Sage // Jan 14, 2013 at 9:33 AM

wwycd

with talk like that you could well be an ITK….not that I’m sure what it is myself…I merely pass on what I hear.

• 18 dubzy // Jan 14, 2013 at 9:33 AM

HBA—GONE IN THE SUMMER

• 19 cyprus // Jan 14, 2013 at 9:33 AM

Ed,
    Please don’t mention the top six :) There’s only 1 goal, now. Don’t forget this is our worst point haul, ever!

• 20 TorqToon // Jan 14, 2013 at 9:35 AM

Is that the FIRST rule of ITK? :-)

Everybody who knows me knows I’ve never claimed to be ITK. Just lucky that I get to hear all sorts of info and due to not being affiliated with an individual club, am able to put our club out there and pass on what I find out.

• 21 q8igeordie // Jan 14, 2013 at 9:35 AM

Dubzy … we will always sell players … the trick is to replace them with better players

• 22 dubzy // Jan 14, 2013 at 9:36 AM

THIS THE PLAYER THEY SHOUD REPLACE HBA WIV COME THE SUMMER (IF HE LEAVES)

Younès Belhanda

• 23 q8igeordie // Jan 14, 2013 at 9:39 AM

Dubzy … I think tottenham are in for him .. I dont think we can get although cam is a position we need to strengthen

• 24 WWYCD // Jan 14, 2013 at 9:39 AM

Sage
    Hahaha fair play lad I appreciate that

Torq
    Aye mate I know but had I said that my joke wouldnt of worked

• 25 TorqToon // Jan 14, 2013 at 9:40 AM

Dubzy – A great player mate – but not the right person for the club I would say. No doubting his talent though that’s for sure. Just not right for this club.

There are plenty of potential replacements for HBA should any of the big guns come in for him. We can demand whatever fee we want don’t forget.

• 26 TorqToon // Jan 14, 2013 at 9:41 AM

I’m with you, Yo ! It’s all good my friend! :-)

• 27 gooniesforlife // Jan 14, 2013 at 9:51 AM

That belhandra looks quality, whats is he valued at

• 28 SinGeordie // Jan 14, 2013 at 10:07 AM

Looking at this video..the wait is worth it!

• 29 TheToonKing // Jan 14, 2013 at 10:10 AM

Yeah Benny looks like he wants away.

This terrible run of form looks like put a doubt in a lot a players heads. We were so close to push on from last year. Now they are considering their careers.

We’ll probably survive, might even go on a run, but the damage is done.

• 30 StuW // Jan 14, 2013 at 11:32 AM

It’s about time the Fat Man started to offer funds. These players should have been signed in August, and we could have been challenging again at the top end, not languishing close to a relegation fight.

But, Debuchy had a solid game on Saturday, and I have high hopes about Remy, so another one or two in will lift us clear to a higher mid-table position. We are only three wins from Swansea in 9th, so it isn’t as if we are miles away.

previous post: €10M Striker In Newcastle For Medical