The meeting with the Newcastle Board, Fabricio Coloccini and his lawyers took place yesterday as scheduled, and the reports are that it lasted a long three hours, but that no decision has yet been reached on the situation – so what’s holding things up?
Fabricio Coloccini – no decision reached yesterday
Newcastle top executive – Managing Director Derek Llambias – led the meeting but Alan Pardew was not part of the discussions, but we had expected some decision to have been reached – but that wasn’t the case for whatever reason.
Further talks are to follow – but it’s hard to know what’s really going on when you don’t know what the personal situation is of our captain – that has led him to wanting to leave the club in January to join San Lorenzo in Argentina.
Coloccini’s father is making this case all public (why?), which is hardly pleasing Newcastle, and he had this to say about the meeting:
“There was an inconclusive meeting today. Tomorrow (Tuesday) there will be a decision, we both desire the transfer.” Fabricio is very anxious, he wants a decision to be made one way or another. I believe this is the moment to move.”
“Newcastle have asked him to wait until May, the issue is if San Lorenzo will wait until that date.” It would be beautiful if both of us were at San Lorenzo, the club we love. Fabricio is eager to return but he wants to do so in an elegant way”.
Well if you believe Colo’s dad – some decision will be announced today – but we’ll just have to wait and see.
To say this situation is weird is an understatement – and we’d be surprised if there is any other outcome than Newcastle tell him he needs to stay until the end of the season – period.
But i may not be as easy as that – for whatever reason.
You can also reach Ed at firstname.lastname@example.org