The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!

Yanga-Mbiwa Will Bring Some Leadership To Newcastle

10:59 am, Thursday, January 24th, 2013 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 125 Comments

Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa has been settling in at Newcastle, and there’s a good nufcTV video of his first 24 hours at the club – if you subscribe to nufcTV – and certainly Newcastle have looked a classy outfit in the way they have welcomed the French International to Tyneside – and the lad has certainly been impressed.

mapou tanga-mbiwa 97

Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa – settling in nicely

And Mapou has given lots of interviews – although he will have to now learn some English rather quickly – but obviously Alan Pardew has talked to him at length – and he knows exactly what Newcastle have to do in the last 15 games of the season.

This is the latest Mapou interview he has given in the local press:

“What we have to do is build a very strong team, and make sure that we have a team that doesn’t give up.” “We need to be warriors on the pitch. We will be looking to win as many of the last 15 games in the league as we can.”

“If I had to describe my style I would class myself as a typical defender.” “My defensive role is to win as many challenges and defensive battles as possible, and to win every possible ball.”  “As a defender, I am the first one to collect the ball and distribute it to other members of the team, which is what I will be working hard to do.”

“I will do what I do best, which is to defend, and to defend well.” “I will be trying to win as many challenges as I can in defense.”  “I’ll be trying to get some goals as well.” “I will be looking to give opposition forwards the most difficult time they can possibly imagine.”

“I have spoken with Marveaux and Cabaye about coming here.” “The club has been very welcoming to me – not just the club, but the players themselves. They have made everything available to help me settle in the best as possible.”  “The French players that have arrived before were made to feel very comfortable.”

“They transmitted that to me, and it made me feel very comfortable about it all as soon as I started here.”

One thing we like a lot about Mapou is that he seems a born leader – and if it’s one thing we don’t have in abundance in the squad at the moment – it’s leadership both on and off the pitch.

We saw some of that from Yohan Cabaye on Saturday,  in the way he controlled the game while he was son the pitch – but it was scary the way we were not half as good a team after he was substituted – which is one reason we need Moussa Sissoko signed in January.

Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa is simply a stellar signing for Newcastle – there seems little doubt about that, and it seems there are still more signings to come.

And none of the local papers have picked up on the Independent story that Colo has walked out on the club – and he reported to training this morning as usual.

We hope the Independent story is simply made-up rubbish.

Comments welcome.

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 us on Google+:

You can also reach Ed at admin@nufcblog.com

=============================================

Tags: Coaching · Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa · Moussa Sissoko

125 responses so far ↓

• 1 rainrix // Jan 24, 2013 at 11:04 AM

I like how he’s saying “we” already. Good to see someone come with such enthusiasm. Just what we need right now :)

• 2 G // Jan 24, 2013 at 11:06 AM

I wouldn’t make him a captain just yet, as he has yet to play in our league, and may take time to adapt. Long term though, he has to be a contender.

• 3 yo-yo // Jan 24, 2013 at 11:08 AM

A team is much more than 11 players. Good for Yo and Marv to help their new team-mates get settled quickly.
    The French Connection is a strong bond for us !

• 4 TorqToon // Jan 24, 2013 at 11:09 AM

Class professional and a nice bloke!

So far…the best signing of the Transfer window. Clubs will have to go a long way to find a better, more highly rated signing than Yanga.

• 5 Rotonda heights // Jan 24, 2013 at 11:09 AM

who’s supermac

Yes you’ve got it. Sports direct is launching big time in France and is being rolled out all over the country.
    Ashley isn’t stupid!!

• 6 TorqToon // Jan 24, 2013 at 11:10 AM

G – Completely agree. Given time it will be a straight battle between him and Cabs.

QPR hand the armband out left right and centre – we do things properly.

• 7 WWYCD // Jan 24, 2013 at 11:12 AM

Seems its us or bust for Sissoko

• 8 toonarmydownsouth // Jan 24, 2013 at 11:12 AM

Great interview from gouffran
    These new lads are sounding like top top pro’s pls get sissoko in!

• 9 TorqToon // Jan 24, 2013 at 11:15 AM

Yo – Some reports saying he is ours – but only in the summer. A bit premature I would say – but who knows. Toulouse might be asking ridiculous money to transfer him now – bit I doubt it. Very much a money orientated club.

But by stating he will pay at reserve level or whatever, just shows he is far too good a professional for that club, and is keeping his calm and his dignity. Well done, Moussa.

• 10 Transfer Sage // Jan 24, 2013 at 11:16 AM

This villa game is the first game I have looked forward to in a long time.

• 11 WWYCD // Jan 24, 2013 at 11:18 AM

Torq
    Well going by his words Id say hes signed a pre-contract and he wants his agent to get the move this Jan would seem to fit everyone’s purposes if he came in this window

• 12 last minute window lies // Jan 24, 2013 at 11:19 AM

if colloccini stays but isnt totally focused, what will it do to him if striped of captaincy ?, i agree Cabs is the standout candidate , the uncertainly of who is our leader on the pitch is also being drawn out

• 13 yo-yo // Jan 24, 2013 at 11:20 AM

Torq

Still think we need the ice hockey model of assistant skippers, especially if we are going to rotate players in a larger quality squad.
    All for Colo keeping the captaincy, but would like Yo and Mapou as assistants – and definitely NOT Shola

• 14 Edmond // Jan 24, 2013 at 11:22 AM

Whats happening with Haidara? Did he fail medical? He’s been in Newcastle 2 days now?

• 15 TorqToon // Jan 24, 2013 at 11:22 AM

For all those who haven’t really seen much of Yoan Gouffran –

Skip forward to about 1min40 for the goals comp.

The speech is all in French but will help improve your vocabulary! :-)

• 16 croftus5678 // Jan 24, 2013 at 11:22 AM

we talked about graham coming to toon as he’s a toon fan ect ect but have you heard the way this gouffran is talking (even anouncing he’s coming to toon before he’s even had wages talks).
    talk about motivated and wanting to play for us ^^ if i was not a toon fan allready he would make me want to support them :-)

• 17 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Jan 24, 2013 at 11:23 AM

Isn’t that just like a vice-captain anyway?

• 18 TorqToon // Jan 24, 2013 at 11:23 AM

Edmond – no panicking mate! All is well in hand!

• 19 surreytoon // Jan 24, 2013 at 11:23 AM

Breaking News! Sissoko:

EXCLUSIVE – Sissoko (Toulouse) in Newcastle, it’s done!
    10 THE SPORT | 24.01.13 | 11:56

As you révélions earlier this week , Moussa Sissoko has reached an agreement with the English club Newcastle. And according to our information, the player will join the Magpies this winter.
    The two clubs have reached an agreement to € 2.5 million for the transfer of the player.
    Financial effort from the player
    Dismissed by the professional group president Olivier Sadran, Moussa Sissoko had to make some serious efforts in order to resolve the situation this winter.
    Toulouse to leave now and not next June when his contract with TFC should end, the player has in effect agreed to make efforts on his signing bonus.
    Moussa Sissoko will commit to a five and a half years

• 20 colwell // Jan 24, 2013 at 11:24 AM

Look like we have got Sissoko, both Le10sport and RMC saying he’s coming now for 2.5m.

• 21 surreytoon // Jan 24, 2013 at 11:26 AM

Correct me if I am wrong but Le 10 have their ear close to the ground on our transfers thus far, and this is pretty clear despite being a Google Translate job. Also it was posted in the last half hour as an “Exclusive” so they are not reporting the pre-contract

• 22 Edmond // Jan 24, 2013 at 11:28 AM

Torq – haha cant help it we seem to always take ages, he will be announced tonight I bet around 8

• 23 surreytoon // Jan 24, 2013 at 11:29 AM

The question now is whether Thauvin will come. It has been suggested Bastia want to keep him and he may need to hand in a transfer request. And he could go to Arsenal but I have not seen any reports of a formal bid from them.

• 24 colwell // Jan 24, 2013 at 11:29 AM

surreytoon

Le10sport have broke all our deals so far and with RMC reporting it aswell its looking very good.

• 25 toonarmydownsouth // Jan 24, 2013 at 11:29 AM

Theres some right numptey football agent on SSN now for some weird reason but reminds me of a bad 80’s car salesman honestly you couldnt make a better stereotype of an agent!!

Surreytoon
    If its come for le 10sport or whatever there called then dont buy it just yet there kinda like the daily sport mate!

• 26 rainrix // Jan 24, 2013 at 11:31 AM

Tads… Sounds interesting :) Whats he saying?

• 27 TorqToon // Jan 24, 2013 at 11:32 AM

Surrey – Le10 is the French equivalent of the daily fail – bit I’m making calls now to see if I can find out anything.

Edmond – that’s the life of a toon fan mate – we never make things easy for us fans.

• 28 last minute window lies // Jan 24, 2013 at 11:34 AM

also looks like a 10 mill bid put in for RVW !!!

• 29 colwell // Jan 24, 2013 at 11:35 AM

RMC sport seem to be reliable and have reported the same.

• 30 last minute window lies // Jan 24, 2013 at 11:35 AM

TT any truth in this ?

• 31 TorqToon // Jan 24, 2013 at 11:36 AM

Colwell – RMC are a more reputable source – it may have legs.

• 32 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Jan 24, 2013 at 11:36 AM

last minute…Do you notice the irony of your name and making a post about a supposed bid for a player? :) I guess it’s not quite last minute yet.

Update from your ITK located in Spain….No news. Stay tuned for more non news as the day continues…

• 33 Gleese // Jan 24, 2013 at 11:38 AM

Haha…TADS, he’s a sandwich short of a picnic! He looks like Barry Scott with a perm!

• 34 TorqToon // Jan 24, 2013 at 11:38 AM

Ibiza – some ITK you are…!!!! There’s NO information in that post…! Lets just say I’m not buying a frame just yet!! :-)

Last minute – I heard the story yesterday and it was for around £10.7mil but not heard anymore. Portuguese press are apparently rolling out the story again today – but not quotes or sources that I can find.

• 35 Transfer Sage // Jan 24, 2013 at 11:39 AM

Good authority Haidara has just put pen to paper on the deal….announcement expected around 4.

• 36 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Jan 24, 2013 at 11:40 AM

Torq….My news is honest and upfront. Any info I give you can take on face value and people respect that :)

On another note…has PPB shown his face on here today? No? Good, let’s hope it stays that way…

• 37 last minute window lies // Jan 24, 2013 at 11:42 AM

yeah ibizatoon i do notice it, was kinda based on the way our normal transfer window goes , looks like am having to change it, :-) just thinking that ashley wouldnt be that generous, but will stay tuned

• 38 Transfer Sage // Jan 24, 2013 at 11:42 AM

Ibiza

As our resident spanish ITK i think you will be kept quite for a while.

After the whole xisco and luque affair we seem to have steered well away from spain.

don’t mention enrique…he doesn’t count haha

• 39 Beattie25 // Jan 24, 2013 at 11:43 AM

Still have 2 worries about this window.

Colo and the curios case of the LW.

I have faith in Colo’s professionalism and think he will stay until the end. I think he should remain captain personally but we’ve all been in a situation where you can put everything into something but if your head is not there then your’e in trouble.

What do you guys think we should do?

Also the LW still seems a big issue for me. Gouffran is a striker that used to be a winger. He could do a job there but I think we should still be going for a LW/SS in the mould of Mertens/Seulamenjani/Lens.

Do you agree?

I love you.

• 40 last minute window lies // Jan 24, 2013 at 11:43 AM

Thanks TT

• 41 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Jan 24, 2013 at 11:43 AM

Ibiza…who’s your non news related sources? ;) (is that spelled correctly?)

• 42 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Jan 24, 2013 at 11:44 AM

Last minute….I’d start a protest personally. It’s not reasonable of him to keep us guessing and forcing people to change their blog names. Well out of order.

• 43 naptoon // Jan 24, 2013 at 11:45 AM

hope sissoko agreement is true

• 44 TorqToon // Jan 24, 2013 at 11:45 AM

TS – Good work mate! Didn’t think for 1 minute there would be any issues with Haidara’s move – we just take our sweet time with things! But saying that;

Today – Haidara
    Yesterday – Gouffran
    Tuesday – Mbiwa

Not bad for 3 days! :-)

• 45 Transfer Sage // Jan 24, 2013 at 11:45 AM

beattie

I think the left wing is not too bad for now…gouffran will probably play there I imagine…we also have marvoux who can play there if needed and obertan too if we need to.

Would be good to bring one genuine winger in though.

• 46 toonarmydownsouth // Jan 24, 2013 at 11:46 AM

Gleese
    Couldnt believe he had the nerve to have a dig at neymars haircut!

Rainrix
    Absolutly nothing mate just waffle

• 47 Tony // Jan 24, 2013 at 11:46 AM

I heard haidarra was seen last night on the town with barnetta

• 48 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Jan 24, 2013 at 11:46 AM

Jesper…Hierbas.

Beattie….Quick question for you, is your PS3 name by any chance something to do with a disease of a female body part?

If not, there is more than one sick individual on here :)

• 49 last minute window lies // Jan 24, 2013 at 11:46 AM

LOL Ibizatoon protest started, although the name could still be kept in reserve for future windows incase it reverts to the norm :-)

• 50 rainrix // Jan 24, 2013 at 11:46 AM

Beattie… Perhaps pards is planning on pushing santon to LW and Haidara will play LB. Although i really never envision pards dropping jonas. Marvs another option although he seems to want to cut into the middle all the time when he plays on the wing

• 51 surreytoon // Jan 24, 2013 at 11:47 AM

I’ve been checking Le 10 regularly including last window and to be honest they are generally on the ball as Colwell states.

Not sure what to make of the Ricky Van Wotsit rumours… are we really interested or is it just newspaper/agent talk to drum up interest? I can’t see us bidding £10m for him as has been reported – not our style, more like £6m given he went to Sporting for round that.

• 52 Transfer Sage // Jan 24, 2013 at 11:47 AM

torq

It’s great news really….the more we get in the better really.

It means we aren’t pinning all our hopes on one or two additions which need to hit the ground running…we have plenty options.

• 53 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Jan 24, 2013 at 11:47 AM

Beatrice…I think we might still be looking at a forward and I agree it should be a LW/striker but is seems it is more of a poacher type they are loking at.

…what will happen to Xisco and Ranger in this window?

• 54 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Jan 24, 2013 at 11:47 AM

tads….it’s funny you should use the word waffle there….hmmm…is the plot thickening?!?!

• 55 Edmond // Jan 24, 2013 at 11:48 AM

Hopefully if all this speculation about Sissoko is true we will have 4 players in 4 days

• 56 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Jan 24, 2013 at 11:48 AM

TS…True that, Spanish players are awful ;)

• 57 TorqToon // Jan 24, 2013 at 11:49 AM

Ibiza – I believe ya. 1000’s wouldn’t. :-)

Awaiting a call back from my friend at Toulouse, to confirm either way, what’s going on.

• 58 yo-yo // Jan 24, 2013 at 11:49 AM

Beattie

Gouf clip shows he can head, strike from edge of box and great right peg volley. If he plays left of Cisse then what we really need is for the partnership to develop. Reckon he’s versatile enough to play wing for now…

Let the Colo story evolve in its own time. Main thing is he’s staying for now and needs to get his head round his day job.

• 59 Transfer Sage // Jan 24, 2013 at 11:49 AM

ibiza

They certainly are…I struggle to name a single spanish player I would have at the toon.

• 60 TorqToon // Jan 24, 2013 at 11:50 AM

TS – Newcastle Utd….plenty of options?!?!??

This must be a parallel universe and you must be some kind of sorcerer ! :-)

• 61 Mister Tuff // Jan 24, 2013 at 11:50 AM

RMC sport are running the story that Toulouse have reached agreement on a fee for Sissoko -no quotes though. Link:-

• 62 last minute window lies // Jan 24, 2013 at 11:51 AM

could Sissoko and Haidara be unvailed in joint conference

• 63 Beattie25 // Jan 24, 2013 at 11:51 AM

Ibiza

I’m an XBOX man. I wish we could spend more social time together so I may invest in a new PS3 in the near future once my Wonga loan comes in.

• 64 Transfer Sage // Jan 24, 2013 at 11:52 AM

torq

Either that or my medication is no longer working.

• 65 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Jan 24, 2013 at 11:52 AM

Torq….I think you’re mistaken. I’m sure 1000’s would agree that I know nothing :) Let’s ask Ed to do a poll on it…that will do my confidence the world of good.

We’re standing by for confirmation from Too Loose. Over and out.

• 66 Pardews Parsnip Bonce // Jan 24, 2013 at 11:53 AM

@ibiza any closer to locating your blue waffle?

• 67 toonarmydownsouth // Jan 24, 2013 at 11:53 AM

Ibiza
    Plot? Waffle? Im very confused? Did some do sOmething to your breakfast??

• 68 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Jan 24, 2013 at 11:54 AM

Beattie…That would be excellent.Oh the fun we could have :)

Right then, I’m just going to come out with it…who is BlueWaffle?

• 69 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Jan 24, 2013 at 11:56 AM

PPB….Damn it, what are you doing here? Be gentle…i’m still a little sore :)

Tads…Given what I’m talking about I seriously hope not :)

• 70 rainrix // Jan 24, 2013 at 11:56 AM

Ibiza… Google image search is your friend if you want to find blue waffle.

(Disclaimer do not google search blue waffle) :)

• 71 toonarmydownsouth // Jan 24, 2013 at 11:56 AM

Ahhh i see sorry ibizzle im on XBOX!

• 72 Mister Tuff // Jan 24, 2013 at 11:57 AM

RMC also saying that Lille have offered Valenciennes 2.5 million euros for Mirin -but he will cost more English clubs also interested. Link:-

• 73 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Jan 24, 2013 at 11:58 AM

rainrix…the general search was enough to make me realise I have no desire to hit images.

Tads…Oh, you’re one of them :)

• 74 Transfer Sage // Jan 24, 2013 at 11:58 AM

If we get mirin too i would be delighted.

• 75 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Jan 24, 2013 at 11:59 AM

Bit disgusted at the idea that girl I met last week wasn’t just cold either…gross.

• 76 Pardews Parsnip Bonce // Jan 24, 2013 at 11:59 AM

@tads ah the dark side

• 77 psutty80 // Jan 24, 2013 at 12:00 PM

Fingers crossed that the sissoko news is true, looks like Ashley has got a lower fee.

RVW could be next?
    Not sure on that, maybe Ashley will get one or two more, but it looks like a fantastic window for us.
    I would think that for the rest of the window that players like Simpson, ranger will leave.

• 78 Pardews Parsnip Bonce // Jan 24, 2013 at 12:01 PM

@ibiza you’ve not been bragging about how you “schooled” me, have you?

• 79 gorgonzola ( former Pecorino former to gorgonzola) // Jan 24, 2013 at 12:02 PM

Ladies and gents looks like we have our man!!!

• 80 toonarmydownsouth // Jan 24, 2013 at 12:02 PM

Yup love me 360! ;) tbf i have got an old ps3 but it sounds like a washing machine so i barely use it

• 81 Tekkers29 // Jan 24, 2013 at 12:04 PM

All i can say is what happened with the remy deal really f**ked off ashley that he took things into his own hands and does what he does best when he is buying other companies and pushed things through.

i honestly don’t believe ashley is as big a problem as everyone makes out, it’s the dumb chairman who gets more money at the end of the year himself the more money he saves over the season so he plays hardball when it’s not always needed as ashley has shown when he deals with the clubs.

i wish he would hire someone else who knows about football and it would make a massive difference to our dealings and with the fans.

• 82 hatem786 // Jan 24, 2013 at 12:05 PM

breaking news…sissoko to newcastle..

• 83 Beattie25 // Jan 24, 2013 at 12:05 PM

Do you think Sissoko is XBOX or PS3?

• 84 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Jan 24, 2013 at 12:06 PM

PPB….Not at all, you still haven’t learned how to be a gracious winner so I’d never claim that :)

However…I can take some hope out of one victory and only losing by one goal as Atalanta vs Arsenal.

Remember…it’s all about small steps…

• 85 Transfer Sage // Jan 24, 2013 at 12:06 PM

Agree.

Get Llambias off sharp….he is not needed as Ashley has proven.

Like him or not ashley knows business. He has cracked on and done what he sees is best. He has accomplished more this week than llambias has ever.

Get him out the door.

• 86 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Jan 24, 2013 at 12:07 PM

Beattie…He seems like a down to earth guy, so I’m going to say he’s more of a cup and ball man.

• 87 Markaccus // Jan 24, 2013 at 12:07 PM

Am I right in saying that we are now in a position where (if rvw and sisso come in) we will actually NEED to get rid of at least one more senior player? Not sure how many of the 25 spots are filled. Anybody know this?

• 88 rainrix // Jan 24, 2013 at 12:08 PM

Tekkers… I imagine thats what has happened, ashley lost patience with lambsarse after remy and has decided to take things into his own hands. Ashley love him or hate him deserves some credit for the work he’s done.

I’d take chris mort back as chairman in a heartbeat. Always took time out to communicate with the fans. Him or someone who actually has with connections to newcastle who has the clubs best interests at heart.

• 89 santonthenewmaldini // Jan 24, 2013 at 12:09 PM

Someone pinch me is this actually happening??!!

Mbiwa, Debuchy and Sissoko in the SAME WINDOW???

Maybe Ashley and Pardew do read this blog after all??

Very very impressed with what we are doing this window means we wont need radical expenditure in the summer the way this is going possibly just a few bosman’s like Douglas and some other youngsters brought in with another striker

I just hope for Pardew’s sake that we climb the table now as there is no excuses because he will have a defense that him and Carr have picked and to be honest most of the midfield and attackers they have bought have not let us down

• 90 Transfer Sage // Jan 24, 2013 at 12:10 PM

markaccus

we could get rid of players over the limit or we could simply unregister the ones we don’t need.

• 91 gorgonzola ( former Pecorino former to gorgonzola) // Jan 24, 2013 at 12:10 PM

“Maybe Ashley and Pardew do read this blog after all??”

MAYBE INDEED :D

• 92 Transfer Sage // Jan 24, 2013 at 12:11 PM

markaccus

say somebody like ryan taylor who is meant to be out for the full season.

• 93 AMEOBI // Jan 24, 2013 at 12:12 PM

If we sign RVW my god best transfer window ever for us..

• 94 toonarmydownsouth // Jan 24, 2013 at 12:13 PM

Markaccus
    Can see simmo being shipped down to fulham soon

• 95 kajman // Jan 24, 2013 at 12:13 PM

gys whilst, i’m excited about the signing , i’m also slightly worried about dressing room harmoney,, what are your thoughts

• 96 Mund30 // Jan 24, 2013 at 12:13 PM

If we get a stronger confirmation about Sissoko before the end of day im going to feel the happiest i have all season, with all the hurt and pain we have all suffered the last few month and seen the decline in our team, these last few days couldnt of been better and to think it might not of ended yet. If we can confirm Sissoko and a possible move for RVW it would be beyond my wildest dreams.

Fair play to Ashley for getting involved and actually showing us he cares about this great club. Here’s to some great times ahead and a strong end to the season.

By the way who is buzzing we dont have to put up with Willo anymore, everytime he plays and gets near the ball im cringing, so excited for Mbiwa he could turn out to be a world class player.

HWTL

• 97 Pardews Parsnip Bonce // Jan 24, 2013 at 12:14 PM

ill never be a gracious winner

• 98 Tekkers29 // Jan 24, 2013 at 12:14 PM

yeah chris mort was good but if we want to take the club to the highest level we need someone at the same sort of level as david dein. if you look at arsenal since he has left, they really struggle with transfers and dealing with players.

what david dein done with wenger was of the highest standard and they brought in some amazing players under the radar who they made massive profits on which is what ashley currently wants to do until we get to the top then it might change.

• 99 Beattie25 // Jan 24, 2013 at 12:14 PM

Ibiza

I know it wasn’t but for some reason that sounded racist?!

• 100 toonarmydownsouth // Jan 24, 2013 at 12:15 PM

Has anyone else noticed since his injury simpson has spent most his time in manchester? He must know his times done

• 101 TheToonKing // Jan 24, 2013 at 12:15 PM

Sissoko is a great player and i’m over the moon with him signing if it happens BUT i really think people are over-hyping him.

He’s 23 and very good all around player but Yaya Toure or Vieira he is not…yet.

• 102 hatem786 // Jan 24, 2013 at 12:15 PM

Moussa Sissoko (23) goes to leave Toulouse to Newcastle this winter. Sadran Olivier , president of Toulouse, reached an agreement with its English counterpart for the transfer of the French international, end of contract the TFC for the end of the season. The amount of the transaction is expected to be 2.5 million. Sissoko, who has made ??significant financial efforts on the signing bonus, will enter Friday with the Magpies for five and a half years.

• 103 Beattie25 // Jan 24, 2013 at 12:18 PM

Toonking

100% agree but look at the players who will be around him at NUFC helping him achieve that level.

Cabs, Anita, tiote, Benny, Marv, Mapou, Debuchy, Colo, Santon, Cisse.

I think if we keep this team together (and Pardew proves me wrong) we could challenge for the title in 2 years.

MADNESSSSSSS

• 104 numba9 // Jan 24, 2013 at 12:19 PM

anyone else feel lambsass was maybe trying to line his own pockets with backhanders which maybe scuppered our summer dealings?

• 105 Markaccus // Jan 24, 2013 at 12:19 PM

Ah right, wasn’t sure if you could simple unregister a player without releasing or selling. Simmo surplus to our needs now, with debuchy, santon, anita and perch all able to play rb. Thanks TADS and TS

• 106 mattnufc // Jan 24, 2013 at 12:20 PM

A great window so far
    But we need a wideman, or we are looking at service from the mighty Shola, Obertan and Guitterez.

• 107 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Jan 24, 2013 at 12:20 PM

PPB…Don’t worry about it mate, you wont have to soon and you can just be a sore loser instead.

Beattie…Hmmm. Well you’re right about it not being meant that way, not sure how it could be taken that way though. Intriguing.

• 108 rainrix // Jan 24, 2013 at 12:21 PM

Well hopefully we’ve shown enough ambition this window to keep ben arfa here during the summer. I don’t see cabaye leaving anytime soon now that debuchy has just joined. Hopefully during the summer we wont lose anybody.

• 109 bzak12 // Jan 24, 2013 at 12:24 PM

anybody agree Ashley to give Lambsarse a public flogging prior to kick off before Chelsea match to get the crowd going!

• 110 Beattie25 // Jan 24, 2013 at 12:25 PM

Ibizaq

Maybe i’m the one who is racist?

I recently saw Django Unchained, maybe that’s in my mind.

I don’t know why I even thought the image of Sissoko playing ball and cup was racist.

Anyway to clarify IBIZATOON IS NOT A RACIST.

• 111 santonthenewmaldini // Jan 24, 2013 at 12:25 PM

I am a bit worried about dressing room harmony but when i think about it Newcastle do a lot of research on players these days on personality you know checking up that they dont like to party and are family men and religious men
    and I believe listening to interviews that Debuchy, Mbiwa and Gouffran will give their all in a Toon shirt and sound like good guys

The reason there might be disharmony but that would because we would be getting French players with great technique and work ethic who look after themselves and they have to deal with these guys :

Ranger 1st class idiot and not good enough
    Ameobi bros Lazy and not good enough
    Simpson not good enough and cheated on his missus
    Willo not good enough but model pro
    Perch same as Willo
    Taylor Always injured
    Gosling Not Good enough always injured

It’s like when you were younger and you would play football and the worst players would be last picked and they would always be the ones that made a mistake and the team would rage at them this is what its like for us

Could include Jonas in that list as well our better players this season have been French speaking and Anita

• 112 Markaccus // Jan 24, 2013 at 12:27 PM

So, Lambsarse is to blame for transfer problems, not Ashley. Knew he was a horrible CLINT.

• 113 rainrix // Jan 24, 2013 at 12:29 PM

The one thing I’m worried about especially with defence is communication. With mbiwa and debuchy on the right side of defence should be fine, but the central 2 could be a bit of a problem. If colo stays then theres the problem of him not being the most vocal captain. + the language barrier between our current CB and mbiwa. Still i don’t think it’ll be that bad in practice although it is food for thought.

• 114 Transfer Sage // Jan 24, 2013 at 12:30 PM

llambias just looks unprofessional.

Every time I see him he looks like a combination of the host of a 70’s gameshow and a sniveling little worm clinging onto the coat tails of his boss.

• 115 last minute window lies // Jan 24, 2013 at 12:32 PM

bzak12 !! theres a job in advertisement waiting for you with that sort of suggestions :-)

• 116 Nipsey // Jan 24, 2013 at 12:32 PM

Hi every body i’ve seen in France Eurosport that Moussa Sissoko is signing for us tomorrow for five and hal years and the transfert fee is 2.5Million €

• 117 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Jan 24, 2013 at 12:32 PM

Beattie….Not that I think it wise to open a discussion about racism, is there a point where you think lots of things are racist that you are in fact being racist?

See, this is why we need another source of communication. How’s your telepathy? Short of that, do you have a walkie talkie?

• 118 bzak12 // Jan 24, 2013 at 12:33 PM

Lets get Rebbecca in to do the flogging of Lambsarse she’s only 3 miles away and up for it!

• 119 croftus5678 // Jan 24, 2013 at 12:34 PM

i still wanna see cambell play in our euro game though he’s still my hope for the future.

• 120 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Jan 24, 2013 at 12:34 PM

bzak….Don’t bring her into this.

• 121 Pardews Parsnip Bonce // Jan 24, 2013 at 12:34 PM

tough words ibiza

• 122 TorqToon // Jan 24, 2013 at 12:34 PM

Santon – That’s a very good post. We don’t tend to scout players just 1 season and purely on technical ability.

We scout over many years and take in personality and moral value into each transfer. Whilst I know people will say that too many French speaking players will cause a divide – I think you will see that our club has never been closer. And those who have been here for a while and DON’T apply themselves in the correct manner – will be sent on their way.

• 123 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Jan 24, 2013 at 12:37 PM

PPB….It’s only words and words are all I have.

• 124 bzak12 // Jan 24, 2013 at 12:39 PM

Ibizatoon Come on share her around!

• 125 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Jan 24, 2013 at 12:57 PM

bzak…It seems I have little control of the matter :)

previous post: Newcastle Still Want Three More Frenchman Signed In January