Great News – Coloccini To Stay At Newcastle

Great news coming in from Sky Sports news and BBC Sports that Fabricio Coloccini will stay at Newcastle at least until the summer.

fabricio conoccini yes

Fabrico Coloccini – staying on Tyneside

Of course Fabricio had little choice after the club let him know yesterday that if he went AWOL they would pursue him in the courts – so it’s as good as an outcome as we could have hoped for, but whether he will stay past the summer we don’t know.

This is what a relieved Alan Pardew had to say about the situation:

“Coloccini is going to stay with us and will remain as captain, which is fantastic news for us.”  “We have managed to persuade him that, as much as his family, we need him. He has shown fantastic loyalty to come and play and see us through to the summer at the very least.”

Those are the exact right words from the manager so the team spirit  is kept high in the squad, and we can start getting some good results – and the sooner the better.

And it’s a good decision to keep Colo as captain, so to keep things steady and settled, as the new players get acclimatized (quickly) to things on Tyneside.

It’s to Newcastle credit that they have not divulged any details of Fab’s personal situation – although the rumors have been rife about what if could be – most being too preposterous to be true – and Colo is still extremely popular with Newcastle fans and he’s done a great job for the club in the almost five years he has spent at Newcastle.

And the club captain will continue to get great support from the fans – as he shows his professionalism and starts to help Newcastle get away from the relegation zone –  over the next couple of months or so.

This is more great news for Newcastle this week.

Howay The Lads!!

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 us on Google+:

You can also reach Ed at admin@nufcblog.com

=============================================

• hatem786

Jan 25, 2013 at 2:02 PM

TOON TOON TOON TOON

• Transfer Sage

Jan 25, 2013 at 2:02 PM

Sissoko all done and dusted now…meeting more staff and doing some club interviews.

Expected to be announced 5/6 tonight

• hatem786

Jan 25, 2013 at 2:03 PM

now we should support him he our capt:)

• Foxworth

Jan 25, 2013 at 2:03 PM

So Colo stays and we get in a new Rb, Cb, Lb, DM & Striker. This has been an excellent few days since the disaster at Reading!!! HWTL!

• magpie6699

Jan 25, 2013 at 2:04 PM

Ranger – are we Ok to boo now??
    SACK HIM NOW!

• MrMojoRisin76

Jan 25, 2013 at 2:04 PM

Blessed Are The Cheesemakers!

• hatem786

Jan 25, 2013 at 2:06 PM

it just get better and better…i hope we will get sissoko over the line today…

• LooneyToon41

Jan 25, 2013 at 2:06 PM

Phew. Great news indeed! Barring injury, our defence should now be good enough to keep us up!

I’m quite happy to officially close the transfer window , just after Sissoko signs tonight! 😉

• ilovetoon8788

Jan 25, 2013 at 2:07 PM

Brilliant news. We need Collocini! He has been our rock at the back. 1 of the best centre backs we have had in almost a decade!

• santonthenewmaldini

Jan 25, 2013 at 2:07 PM

This is great news him and Mbiwa together is the perfect sort of partnership that we need Colo needs someone who is fast and can nip in to cover and they will both be able to pass and bring the ball out which means we can play a higher line and keep possession therefore being able to hem teams in and close games out easier as well

Also cant ever remember a Toon team that had everyone comfortable on the ball even the Keegan teams had Shaka Hislop and Peacock who were useless on the ball!!

This also means we don’t need to buy another centre back in January which means funds can be used to buy Thauvin, Butland and Wolfswinkle!!!We can dream!!!

• pawl250

Jan 25, 2013 at 2:09 PM

TEAM FOR VILLA

——————– Krul ————————
    Debuchy – Mbiwa – Coloccini – Santon
    ————- Sissoko – Anita —————-
    Gouffran —– Cabaye ——– Marveaux
    ——————- Cisse ———————–

Class team, could/should win Villa these days comfortably!

Colo staying big news, Sissoko nearly completed big news!

I have faith we will turn around the woeful season so far!

I mean Mbiwa need only be better than Williamson, Debuchy better than Simpson, Sissoko better than Perch and Gouffran better than Shola/Obertan!

Surely, SURELY! They cannot be any worse lol

French, Dutch, Japanese, I dont care! Good players are good players! If they are good enough they are welcome in the black and white stripes!

• Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand

Jan 25, 2013 at 2:09 PM

Mojo…”What’s so special about the cheesemakers?”

• Crafty-NuFc-2013

Jan 25, 2013 at 2:09 PM

Great news… Would of been better if it waz 4 good… get sissoko signed up… happy days xD

• Hatem's better than Messi

Jan 25, 2013 at 2:09 PM

I hope his hearts still in it, if he’s been threatened legally by the club and forced to stay and play, it really isn’t good.

Then again I’m not sure the whole thing isn’t a scam dreamt up by Daddy.

• Spreadthetoon

Jan 25, 2013 at 2:10 PM

Ibiza
    OOOOOHHHH the thought of Williamson and Ynaga-Mbwia as a partnership…………………wow now were talking! LOL 🙂

• tequilamag

Jan 25, 2013 at 2:11 PM

Ibiza I dont think he means just cheesmakers, but manufacturers of all dairy products.

• Tony

Jan 25, 2013 at 2:11 PM

I think we should go after sahko to partner mbwia keep saylor as back up along with streete,colo and Williamson to leave cabaye becomes captain in the centre of the park,obviously has the respect of his team mates.sahko and mbwia both been captains so have good motivational and organisation skills which could only benefit the defence and team

• stuart no9

Jan 25, 2013 at 2:11 PM

fantastic bloody news- its like a new signing!!

• MrMojoRisin76

Jan 25, 2013 at 2:12 PM

It was my chosen statement of relief,1st thing that popped into my head after i read the headline,it’s from Monty Pythons Life Of Brian.

• Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand

Jan 25, 2013 at 2:12 PM

Tequila.. 🙂

Spread…Makes me weak at the knees just thinking about it…

• Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand

Jan 25, 2013 at 2:13 PM

Mojo…I know, I was playing along. Probably my fav film of all time. Classic.

• tequilamag

Jan 25, 2013 at 2:13 PM

Ibiza, but not Cheese strings , they are the work of the Devil

• Sazzer

Jan 25, 2013 at 2:14 PM

I’m glad Colo decided to stop f****g around, and leave this with homesickness thing behind for now.

• pawl250

Jan 25, 2013 at 2:14 PM

Personally I think its time to get Douglas in! He must be available for 2m MAX now given he has less than 6 month, hell do a Sissoko and get him pre signed for a free!

This would allow us to have even more cover, even if Colo leaves and if he doesnt sell Williamson cos he is gash!

Douglas is a very good player for the prices I mention. Still has his best years ahead too!

In before end of window! Douglas, Thauvin and PEA. I think I would rip me sausage off for that like, I mean it would be a dream window, not that it hasnt been a dream already!! I am being greedy, I would take Douglas and Thauvin and get PEA in the summer!

• stuart no9

Jan 25, 2013 at 2:16 PM

Pawl250 @ 11 notice anything sad about your line-up v villa,?????

• theroosta

Jan 25, 2013 at 2:16 PM

Pawl, that would be a terrific team, i really so think pardew will play jonas, its really comical.

• magpie6699

Jan 25, 2013 at 2:16 PM

Ibizatoon – it’s because Mr Mojo’s not the Messiah, he’s a very naughty boy!
    (Clue: You need to watch “Monty Python’s Life of Brian”)

• Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand

Jan 25, 2013 at 2:17 PM

Tequila…How about cheese in a can?

• Sazzer

Jan 25, 2013 at 2:18 PM

I’m glad Colo decided to stop fooling (triend another word but comment didn’t show) around, and leave this homesickness thing behind for now.

• tequilamag

Jan 25, 2013 at 2:18 PM

I think it is Catchys favourite film as well, I can just imagine him after a defeat whistling “always look on the bright side of life”

• MrMojoRisin76

Jan 25, 2013 at 2:19 PM

Google Life Of Brian Quotes Ibiza,there’s a whole load of quotes from the film on IMDB,there’s something funnier about reading the quotes than seeing them on TV .” There shall in that time be rumors of things going astray, erm, and there shall be a great confusion as to where things really are, and nobody will really know where lieth those little things with the sort of raffia-work base, that has an attachment. At that time, a friend shall lose his friend’s hammer, and the young shall not know where lieth the things possessed by their fathers that their fathers put there only just the night before, about eight o’clock.”,how do you write something that funny?

• belgrade fan

Jan 25, 2013 at 2:19 PM

so, who is pur striker target to complete trans window? any rumours? VW or Aubameyaung?

• Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand

Jan 25, 2013 at 2:19 PM

I say he is the Lord, and I should know, I’ve followed a few…

• tequilamag

Jan 25, 2013 at 2:20 PM

Ibiza, Cheese in a can,, the very thought makes me shudder

• Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand

Jan 25, 2013 at 2:21 PM

Mojo….I’d be telling lies if I said I hadn’t been on the quotes page before. Such a funny film, can you imagine writing the thing? The pain from laughter would be crazy 🙂

• piers18

Jan 25, 2013 at 2:21 PM

Here’s How I look at it:

We now have 4 class defenders potential for 5 but 4 atm: Santon, Colo, Mbiwa, Debuchy, And (STaylor-When Healthy/Hopefully Haidaira who knows)

We have 4 class middies: Cabaye, Ben Arfa, Tiote, and Sissoko (Fingers crossed the Medical goes through)

And 1/2 class strikers: Cisse, and Gouffran – Who I think will surprise the Prem (One of the best signings of the year in my opinion)

So looking at our squad, these players are the core of our team. Assuredly, Gouffran is my opinion but you can take him out if you want. Regardless we have arguably 9 real class players.

In my opinion we need to strengthen the wings. I have no doubt that Sissoko Cabaye and Tiote will control the middle of the park. But when Benny is injured we do not have the wings we need to be in the upper echelon of the Premier League.

I am very happy with this transfer window. But if Newcastle wants to be champions league caliber we need a few more class players

• sirtoongospel

Jan 25, 2013 at 2:22 PM

Apparently the club have reservations about Douglas as they think he is a prize prick??

Hope Sissoko gets done today. This would be the ace in the pack from all the signings. Everyone is nervous!!

• Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand

Jan 25, 2013 at 2:22 PM

Tequila….Man has done many things wrong in life, cheese in a can is up there with one of the worst. Gross doesn’t even begin to tell the story…

• toon1707

Jan 25, 2013 at 2:22 PM

Is the villa game televised??????