Strange Open Letter From Coloccini Thanking San Lorenzo

The Newcastle captain  Fabricio Coloccini has issued a statement thanking FC San Lorenzo for trying to take him back to Argentina this month, but he says nothing at all about what he put Newcastle United through over the last few weeks – which was linked with him wanting to return to South America because of  some personal situation with his family – who have already returned to Argentina.

fabricio coloccini in action

Fab Coloccini – says nothing at all about Newcastle’s plight in his statement

The 31-year-old has sent an open letter to FC San Lorenzo, and he expresses his attitude to the club – but we think this is a PR mistake by the Newcastle captain.

The letter reads as follows:

“To my San Lorencista family.”

“I write these lines from a long way away where I am missing my country, my family and my close ones. And with sadness of knowing that after a series of meetings held here in Newcastle that my return to Argentina has been momentarily suspended.”  “Unfortunately, life does not always end up like you wanted it or needed it to, many times is it influenced by third parties and the rigidities of contracts that are stronger than the will of one’s own desires.”

“Unfortunately, life does not always end up like you wanted it or needed it to, many times is it influenced by third parties and the rigidities of contracts that are stronger than the will of one’s own desires.”  “However, I am convinced that this moment of disappointment need not be an obstacle for me to declare my profound gratitude to each and every one of you for the affection and the support that you all have provided me during these past few months, in every way imaginable.”

“I wish to thank the authorities at San Lorenzo del Almagro and especially show my gratitude to the President, Dr Matias Lammens and vice president, Mr Marcelo Tinelli, for all the affection, support and understanding they have afforded me and who from the first moment, without any reservations or conditions, were interested in my personal and family situation and who put themselves at my disposal.

“Essentially, I want to thank the enormous effort made by them, from every point of view, to remove whatever difficulties I may have come in touch with.”

Is Coloccini hopping they will come back for him in the summer – that’s certainly a possibility.

It’s a strange statement from the Newcastle captain, and will be greeted with some skepticism by Newcastle fans –  as the captain says nothing at all about Newcastle’s side of the situation – like losing a £7M rated player for nothing.

We think Coloccini would have been better advised to have not released this statement publicly – and if he wanted to thank the club club in Argentina – he should have done so privately.

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 us on Google+:

You can also reach Ed at admin@nufcblog.com

=============================================

• nick_9

Jan 26, 2013 at 5:22 PM

Ed is Colo that stressed he is repeating himself?

• noladonna

Jan 26, 2013 at 5:22 PM

go give your head a good wobble colocinni mate

• santonthenewmaldini

Jan 26, 2013 at 5:23 PM

Bit worried if we get this PEA he will be a flop

Just seems like the type of player who will be good in France we spend a good bit and then he will flop feel the same way about RVW as well just think both of them would be far 2 weak to play in the Premier league

We need a Lukaku type of striker quick and built like a tank who can dominate defenders

Also I dont think PEA really wants to come here let him go to City in the summer and rot on the bench for a few seasons as he is not good enough to play with them either

Also this Colo thing is disgraceful if that letter and statement is true he should be stripped of the captaincy and Saylor should play at Villa with Mbiwa as its obvious his heads not right Villa game will be an easier game for our defenders

Dont want Colo having a nightmare against Spurs or Chelsea as we could get destroyed if our defenders are not at the top of the game

• JackButler

Jan 26, 2013 at 5:26 PM

Nufc officials enroute to Portugal R.V.W

• archaeomag

Jan 26, 2013 at 5:27 PM

I for one would miss the reassurance of his hair at the back.

• archaeomag

Jan 26, 2013 at 5:28 PM

Rip Van Winkle ?

wow

• Lew Davies

Jan 26, 2013 at 5:28 PM

Absolute effing disgrace from Colo.
    Outrageous 👿

• jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew

Jan 26, 2013 at 5:30 PM

…must say he’s not winning me over 🙁

By the way have we signed anyone today? lol

• Nufcjoss

Jan 26, 2013 at 5:30 PM

what do colo wanna accomplish with this? Is it a “hope you feel bad. newcastle” sort of announcementæ? Love this player, great man, but he sure must know that 7 mill is not something we just can live without

• nick_9

Jan 26, 2013 at 5:30 PM

JB – hope that’s true, I feel we need another striker and our scouting department have a pretty decent track record lately. Seen reports our business is over but I’d really like an additional striker. I might even like that Facebook page of you do buy us one Mike.

• Santon03

Jan 26, 2013 at 5:31 PM

Regarding Colo letter to san lorenzo supporters, it’s more like he’s trying to calm them down, because they probably feel angry and dissapointed that NUFC not allowing him to leave.
    I have a feeling with these new signings and with the changes, he will stay until the end of his contract.
    With all these excitements happening in the club, who wouldn’t want to be part of it. It is certainly lift things up even within supporters.

• Unbelievable Tekkers

Jan 26, 2013 at 5:32 PM

@Jack Butler

Where you getting that from mate?
    This whole RVW is a strange one there are a lot of stories saying we are after him and plenty saying we definitely aren’t….hmmm!

• jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew

Jan 26, 2013 at 5:33 PM

I still rather want a striker that can play wide on the left – I am not really looking forward for another season of 4-4-2!

• JackButler

Jan 26, 2013 at 5:35 PM

Don’t know how Mich truth there is in that story so we’ll have to wait and see. Would love to see whom here though, great player and just the type we need to cap an amazing window

• dembademba

Jan 26, 2013 at 5:35 PM

team for villa should be

krul
    debuchy – yanga – colo – santon
    anita – cabaye – sissoko
    goufran – cisse – marv

thats what i hope, although jonas is bound to start ashe covers santons a-hole… prob ahead of sissoko as hes the last one in

I have no hard feelings against colo, great man, great pro, great player. got no qualms about his continued captaincy nor his future performances in the black and white

• JackButler

Jan 26, 2013 at 5:36 PM

Sorry for spelling damn predictive .txt

• dembademba

Jan 26, 2013 at 5:37 PM

i’d have aubamayang over rvw everyday. pea is fast and strong, rvw would be more likely to flop i thinl

• geordiejamie89

Jan 26, 2013 at 5:37 PM

He obviously has no care for the fans. I hope he plays well for the rest of the season, and then gets his wish so we don’t have to put up with his attitude. It’s not Newcastle’s fault his wife left him.

• Big Pappa Cissé

Jan 26, 2013 at 5:38 PM

Poor millionaire 🙂 . I love you to bits collo but you have to suck it up m8, you can’t have your cake and eat it. Leaving us high and dry in a relegation scrap would have been a low blow but I am glad you have come to your senses.

• dembademba

Jan 26, 2013 at 5:38 PM

boudebouz would be ideal on the left of a front 3 !

• nick_9

Jan 26, 2013 at 5:38 PM

Santon – I reckon he is gone in the summer. Lets face it we are going to have a fight on for the top ten now and he still wants to leave. He says his move to Argentina has been “momentarily suspended” and Pardew said he needs to stay and ensure people do not lose their jobs again in the summer if we are relegated. I’m glad he is staying until the summer and hopefully giving his all. If will be easier to replace him in the Summer as not everyone wants to move teams mid season.

• dembademba

Jan 26, 2013 at 5:38 PM

or tom ince as he’s english, would prefer that i guess

• geordie157

Jan 26, 2013 at 5:39 PM

Aubameyang would be good, better than wolfswinkel. If Liverpool are signing coutinho, can we sign ince or do blackpool want stupid money for him?

• dembademba

Jan 26, 2013 at 5:41 PM

I’m sorry but you can’t expect an argentinian who plays in england to care for the fans of the club he plays for more than the welfare of his family… deluded

• Unbelievable Tekkers

Jan 26, 2013 at 5:43 PM

DembaDemba

Tbh you can never tell if a foreigner is going to do well or flop until they are here. I dont understand the people saying that PEA and RVW will flop cuz they arent big and strong. There are plenty of top strikers around who play up top by themselves who arent big and strong…RVP for one!

• MUTINYbyLEMONS

Jan 26, 2013 at 5:43 PM

Bullshit, i find it hard to believe Colocinni wrote that. What is the source? Is it credible?

• Jayden

Jan 26, 2013 at 5:44 PM

Actually, dembademba, we’re asking him to stick to the contract HE signed…

• p

Jan 26, 2013 at 5:45 PM

Do we know what collo’s issue is yet?

• archaeomag

Jan 26, 2013 at 5:45 PM

Colo is clearly between a rock and a hard place and I would be disappointed if the fans don’t support him; this is grown up stuff.

• Steve_48

Jan 26, 2013 at 5:46 PM

I heard that Colo has played away with some lass from Cramlington and his Mrs has issued a her or me statement – anyone else heard this or anything else on the “personal circumstances”?

• dembademba

Jan 26, 2013 at 5:46 PM

ive just seen and heard a bit more about pea tbh, and he sounds pretty good. dont know much about rvw, maybe its just the fact he has wolfswinkel in his name that makes me think he will flop….

lol

• croftus5678

Jan 26, 2013 at 5:46 PM

collo the player is what we need but collo the man does not want to be here by the looks of it !

we have mbiwa now who could potentially replace him as captain and leader but that puts us back to square one.

i personally think we will get the same cry’s from him during the summer but if he’s making life hard on us we should not give him his own way they need to pay atleast 5mil for him so we can atleast sign another defender come the and of the season,

• mot7

Jan 26, 2013 at 5:47 PM

He should shut his gob and get on with what he is paid to do , And san whoever should have been told to F***K off as soon as no bid was put in . NUFC arnt holding a gun to his head if he doesnt like then colo can F***k OFF aswell .
    Please ashley buy another top cb and dump this argie turncoat in the reserves we dont need a half hearted player when we are in a fight to stay up.

• Big Pappa Cissé

Jan 26, 2013 at 5:48 PM

@ Dembademba

Were not saying he should chose us over his family that would be crazy but we have shown nothing but love for the guy and he has been our top wage earner at the club for the last few years so the least I would expect from him is some respect and to leave us now would not have been acceptable IMO.

• p

Jan 26, 2013 at 5:48 PM

@30 that was a rumour basically started on hear, doubt it is true

Pardew did seem to have genuine co passion for him in statements i saw

Not sure he would if his personal problems was simply that he could not control his trouser snake

• archaeomag

Jan 26, 2013 at 5:49 PM

Steve_48
    I understand the guy has children and I think we should confine our discussion to football

• Barton

Jan 26, 2013 at 5:50 PM

Are we sure this letter is genuine or is it a fake?

• dembademba

Jan 26, 2013 at 5:51 PM

dont get me wrong, its a hard situation and he shouldnt have signed the contract if he thought he would want to go home sooner rather than later.

but i knew he wouldnt go this window because it simply wasnt feasible in the slightest. our highest paid player, in a long contract with a club wanting him with no money. its a rare situation.

All i meant was that you cant expect him to be thinking ‘im more worried about letting the fans down so i wont leave’ instead of ‘ideally i need to leave in order to save my marriage and be with my kids’

• JTOONJ

Jan 26, 2013 at 5:51 PM

Pretty sure mbwia has the potential to be better than colo!

• 89Norcal

Jan 26, 2013 at 5:51 PM

At least colo is handling his mistakes like a man, and paying the responsibilities he still owes to the club. Still wondering what will happen in the summer. San Lorenzo still won’t be a able to afford him.

1 2 3 6