The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!

Have Newcastle Just Signed The Next Patrick Vieira?

11:01 am, Saturday, January 26th, 2013 by Ed Harrison · 171 Comments

The latest addition to the Newcastle squad is the 6’2″ box to box midfielder from Toulouse – 23 year-old Moussa Sissoko – who has often been compared to the former Arsenal great Patrick Vieira – because he stands 6’2″ tall and has a powerful way of playing the game  with lots of skill – just like Vieira.

moussa sissoko newcastle

Moussa Sissoko – will wear the number 7 shirt

But Mouusa himself has tried to play down that comparison, which he’s had for at least  a couple of years now, and he had this to say on the Newcastle United web-site after signing on at the Tyneside club yesterday:

“It is fantastic to be compared to someone like Vieira,” “He was a fantastic player, but if I want to be as good then I’ll have to put in some incredible performances in every single match, every week.”

“I’ve often said that for me the Premier League is best in the world and it’s also a league which corresponds to my style of play. This is where I really want to take the most pleasure from playing. It won’t be easy, but it’s up to me to work hard so I get everything on my side so I can do my best.”

“It was really important to move on, to take on a new challenge.” “I’ve been with Toulouse for ten years now so even though I gave 100% in training and during matches, it was quite a comfortable place for me. I was in my comfort zone and I wanted to take on a new challenge and rise to that challenge.”

“Newcastle is the ideal club for me to be able to go on and do great things.”  “At Toulouse I had the luck to play in almost every game, but for me it was time to move on to a new challenge, and that new challenge was here in England.”

We hope we’ve signed the next Patrick Vieira,  and we also hope the five French players brought into the club so far in January is a positive sign that owner Mike Ashley and company will further strengthen the squad in the summer, and show great ambition for Newcastle United.

We’d love to see Newcastle challenging for a top six place again next season, or even for the top four and a Champions League position.

That sounds a lot better than battling down in the Championship again – for the second time in four years.

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 us on Google+:

You can also reach Ed at admin@nufcblog.com

=============================================

Tags: Contracts · Moussa Sissoko · Newcastle News · Transfer News and Rumours

171 responses so far ↓

• 1 TheIndianToon // Jan 26, 2013 at 11:03 AM

Pa ra ppa ppaaaaa.. I’m Lovin’ it!!

• 2 Mr Random // Jan 26, 2013 at 11:03 AM

Off topic. But will Curtis Good’s contract be extended so he play in COC Final for Bradford? Just read his loan ends on 2nd Feb.

• 3 yorkymag // Jan 26, 2013 at 11:06 AM

Without a doubt

• 4 yo-yo // Jan 26, 2013 at 11:06 AM

Mr R

Sure hope so – what better way can a player develop ?

I reckon we’ll draw against Villa as they’ll be even more desperate to halt their slide and then take 3 off Chelski at home.

• 5 Munster Mag // Jan 26, 2013 at 11:07 AM

Brilliant work by Ashley, and possibly llambias, so fair dues all round. I can see some big performances coming up :)

• 6 fray bentos // Jan 26, 2013 at 11:07 AM

With all these signings we must have become a much better proposition to quality managers now, hopefully we might get on in the summer unless Pardew changes are football significantly

• 7 Hatem's better than Messi // Jan 26, 2013 at 11:08 AM

Good to see a couple of really powerful players come in.
    We were far too light-weight.

Great bit of business. Congrats to all involved in this guy’s transfer. He is immense.

• 8 proudtobageordie // Jan 26, 2013 at 11:09 AM

Remy d

Why don’t you just f off you immature tool. The only time you comment on this blog is about me. I’m sure you must be a gay boy and have a school girl crush on me? No one takes any notice of you so slating me is the only reaction you will get!!!!!! Price prick comes to mind

• 9 alf // Jan 26, 2013 at 11:13 AM

This kids the Real-Deal, Wenger wanted him that’s why he was Fuming yesterday, as he knows he will become a Premiership Power house. Hats off to Ashley for Genious and nous in the Transfer Market. A decent Striker and its Blast Off!

• 10 proudtobageordie // Jan 26, 2013 at 11:13 AM

Remy d

Grow up you tool. Hiding behind a keypad abusing people. That’s what spineless cowards do. Oh that must ring a few bells for you

• 11 aidantoon // Jan 26, 2013 at 11:14 AM

he is all power!!!!! be better than vieira.

• 12 BigKirky // Jan 26, 2013 at 11:15 AM

I’m sure that M’Biwa and Sissoko will do well for as they seem to have a great determination to improve and battle and that is what we need.

I’m sure that those guys will get on and do well. Like I said when Demba Ba signed, and a lot of people didn’t initially see Demba as the main man at all, Gouffran (like I said about Ba) could be key to whether we really take off.

If you see some of his goals, don’t just look at the variation of goal, look at how early he takes the shot, look at the fact that a lot of his goals he seems comfortable to shoot on his left when other players will try and switch back to their right. He also seems to have a decent leap and scores from headers and of course the valuable attribute of pace!

I really hope this lad does well, as I’m sure Sissoko and M’Biwa and Debuchy will be just fine. Like Gouffran, same goes with Haidara, they could turn out to be just as valuable as the main men. I really hope that is the case.

• 13 fray bentos // Jan 26, 2013 at 11:16 AM

Dont get your expectations up guys.

He’s probably a good player and possibly could become as good as Viera, but if he was even near Viera’s ability at the moment he would have been bought by one of the worlds super clubs

Sorry to piss on ya chips

• 14 Solaidback // Jan 26, 2013 at 11:17 AM

The big problem I see now is, who the frak do we sign in the summer.. lol ;)

After all, what positions will we need to strengthen now, especially if we get another striker in now, we’ll not need to buy anyone come the summer unless we sell some of our current squad ie Colo, Jonas, Tiote, Obertan, Strolla, etc ;)

• 15 BigKirky // Jan 26, 2013 at 11:20 AM

If Ashley is seen out now by Toon fans, at least he’ll get appreciation for the new players as opposed to people moaning at him for not spending. He may enjoy that more I suspect.

Just hope he continues to learn from his mistakes and thus limit similar mistakes in future.

As someone said yesterday, 9/1 for a top half finish is a good bet I reckon.

• 16 Mancgeordie // Jan 26, 2013 at 11:21 AM

brilliant signings can really make a difference feel it shows how good they are by wengers press conference imo no manager knows the French market and players better and he clearly was concerned about playing us later on

• 17 yo-yo // Jan 26, 2013 at 11:23 AM

Fray bentos

If you were a club owner and were in our position you could sack the manager who has had such a bad run or accept he has had a terrible run of key players underperforming like Tiote, key players injured, reserve players just not interested, bad run of play etc., and say okay Alan I’m going to listen to you and get you the side you say you can work with.
    Now pal, its down to you – deliver.

And all the while know that our side has enough stellar talent to attract a quality replacement if AP doesn’t cut the mustard.

And if Alan goes he can hold the playing side together and not lose players by bringing in someone they will really want to work with.

Brilliant thinking and superb management. MA has seriously gone up in my estimation.

• 18 Markaccus // Jan 26, 2013 at 11:32 AM

There’s been a few “next patrick vieras” over the years. None have lived up to it. Ballack was overated, for example. Essiens legs kept falling off. Geremi… Well, the less said the better. These players were all said to have the box to box style of viera, and there have been more. Would be excellent if sissoko becomes even half the player vierra was.

• 19 Mancgeordie // Jan 26, 2013 at 11:32 AM

Got to credit Ashley for finally backing his manager brilliant piece of work catching the league by surprise by making significant changes to the squad giving the teams around us no real time to react to it, as for pardew he has the players he wanted now he has to prove he is good enough to use it. He earned a chance imo cos of last season’s achievements

• 20 ~Anita One Bites the Dust~ // Jan 26, 2013 at 11:35 AM

He has also been called the “French Yaya Toure”

• 21 Spuggy // Jan 26, 2013 at 11:41 AM

Jesus H

We sign 5 players, 3-4 of them potentially top EPL class and people still find room to moan about pardew. Can’t we just leave it there. Pards has 15 games to show what he can do with a quality team who he has to integrate very quickly. Leave him to it and judge him at the end of the season (unless we loose 5 on the spin of course).

We can all argue the merits or otherwise of his tactics, teams and motivational qualities. But do you think that players like Cabaye, Marveaux etc. would be convincing players to come here if they had no confidence or belief in pards ability. No, they would be looking to the exit door themselves.

Now, for crying out loud, whether you agree or not, let the geordie army acknowledge the determination and support of the board and get behind our players, new or old, and support the manager!

• 22 Mancgeordie // Jan 26, 2013 at 11:42 AM

Yeah we have the best Dutch goalie since van der sar, with the new gallas and maldini. The french xavi, toure and messi in midfield all we need is the new van persie from Lisbon and potentially have agreat side

• 23 Scouse_geordie // Jan 26, 2013 at 11:42 AM

I’m ecstatic at the people we have brought in but I’m still worried about goals. Yes we brought in gouffran but I’m not sure he is gonna be the 18-20 goal striker we need.

After all the good business we have done its hard to complain but i still think we need that one extra striker, otherwise we could see alot of draws in the remaining games

I’m just worried that the purse strings might have been closed for the rest if this window.

• 24 Mancgeordie // Jan 26, 2013 at 11:44 AM

Hopefully cisse will start banging them in and he can be the new etoo? ;-)

• 25 Munster Mag // Jan 26, 2013 at 11:45 AM

Catcy, you and i agreed on a lot re Pardew recently. Most of it was fair comment – poor free kicks, defensiveness v Reading etc. But I think he has excellent people skills ( HBA, Colo etc ) and I just want to see if he can bring a more attacking mindset now. Maybe the players will make that happen. I think we are going to improve now – possibly dramatically. Its interesting that Cabaye encouraged Sissoko to come here – in fact its a vital sign that Cabaye retains an interest in staying with us, and I’m sure if he hated Pardew, he wouldnt encourage Sissoko either. I can see us beating Chelsea, and probably Villa too, if Pardew allows the team to play like they did in the first half v Reading. . Well done to Ashley again. HTL

• 26 Munster Mag // Jan 26, 2013 at 11:47 AM

Please, lets not be silly and compare Santon to Maldini. I can see Santon losing out to our new Haidara next season if he doesnt tighten up. I’ve said this from the first time I saw him – at least now i’m not getting slated for it.

• 27 ichrisho // Jan 26, 2013 at 11:47 AM

just played `pes 2013 master league coach mode with new signings against a vila side i think the other weggie will play… and we won 3-1… Sissoko got one and Gouffran got two.. Pls Tuesday night be the same!!!

• 28 ichrisho // Jan 26, 2013 at 11:48 AM

Santon is our new Jonas…

• 29 Spuggy // Jan 26, 2013 at 11:48 AM

Scouse

Gouffran has close to a goal every other game for the last two seasons (akin to Ba’s and Cisse ratio). Remember when Ba came everyone was like where is our AC replacement no 9, especially as Ba was free.

Gouffran could be the man. I agree though that we need a 4th striker anyway for competition, cover, cups and Europa. But Cisse and Gouffran could strike up a very lethal partnership – we may already have our top 2 strikers.

Time will tell.

• 30 Mancgeordie // Jan 26, 2013 at 11:51 AM

Munster I know what your saying I was just making a point of how many comparisons have been made to players we have

• 31 alf // Jan 26, 2013 at 11:53 AM

NUFC have lodged a bid for Thomas Ince and Audameyang!

• 32 infintoon // Jan 26, 2013 at 11:54 AM

I read on previous posts about the Haidara – Santon dillema. Whether Santon will be pushed to left midfield to accommodate Haidara. Well the opposite can be to. Haidara said he played in attack before and in left midfield as well.
    I suggest Haidara is going to replace Jonas and not Santon.
    Like Jonas he has the fighting ability and defensive mind. But he’s younger, faster, stronger (shorter) and probably can dribble on forward runs a lot better these days.
    I kind of like santon pushing from the back forward. he will get better defensively.
    What do you think?

• 33 Spuggy // Jan 26, 2013 at 11:55 AM

Goufrans game v goals in the ligue last two seasons:

2011/12 – 31 appearances, 14 goals
    2012/13 – 20 appearances, 8 goals

He was subbed on 3 times and off 8 times during that spell too. Close to a goal every other game for two years. That’s marginally behind Ba’s ratio.

• 34 infintoon // Jan 26, 2013 at 11:56 AM

ichrisho 27 – I acttualy think Haidara is our new Jonas :)
    but you migth be right as well

• 35 WWYCD // Jan 26, 2013 at 11:57 AM

No we have signed the first Moussa Sissoko

• 36 AshSays // Jan 26, 2013 at 11:59 AM

Pardew still has a tough challenge ahead of him, getting all these new players to gel in and getting the team out of a losing streak, so don’t expect things to change for the better straight away.

Also after villa we play Chelsea followed by Totenham away, those are tough games. SO forget about winning the next 15 games, getting to 40 points is the target this year.

Don’t forget that Pardew was the PL Manager of the season in 2011/12, give the guy all the support you can because if he gets sacked we are not going to Mourinho or Guardiola running to manage NUFC.

• 37 ToonMauritius // Jan 26, 2013 at 12:00 PM

hi lads, interesting articles

• 38 infintoon // Jan 26, 2013 at 12:00 PM

32Spuggy – it’s an impressive record alas it’s the Ligue 1
    you must remember bordeaux isn’t such a talented squad in my opinion.
    with the new acquisitions hopefully our strikers will have more opportunities to score.

• 39 hatem786 // Jan 26, 2013 at 12:00 PM

who will we sign today??maybe MA will get us siem de jong..in today..iwould love it …just love it:)just dreaming…ithink MA should get rid of llambias also..

• 40 ichrisho // Jan 26, 2013 at 12:04 PM

I love the way we have caught everyone by sursprise with all these signings… The press knew we would get someone in but not 5 players with the possibility of three more… If we get Butland, Thauvan, and RVW… we will have a near complete new team…

• 41 ichrisho // Jan 26, 2013 at 12:05 PM

Predictions for Tuesday night?

Villa 1 Toon 4

• 42 mecannylad // Jan 26, 2013 at 12:06 PM

If we win against Villa on Tuesday then the ‘sting in the tail’ at the end of the window on Thursday may just about be bearable…. If we lose however, the inevitable ‘transfer sting’ coming our way will bring us all back down to earth. Mecannylad has spoken.

• 43 ~Anita One Bites the Dust~ // Jan 26, 2013 at 12:06 PM

Mirin to replace Colo once he leaves? :3

• 44 5Danny94 // Jan 26, 2013 at 12:13 PM

I just wonder if Pardew’s going to start rotating the squad a little bit more now. If we line up:

—————–Krul—————

- Williamson
    - Ameobi
    - Ameobi
    - Ferguson
    - Vuckic
    - Gosling

Who have all been, or would have been had they been signed before now or not ruled out with injury, challenging for a place in the starting XI or at least as a regular substitute. How many of those will be happy to warm the bench every week and see minimal action?

I can imagine us lining up with Taylor and Mapou at the back, or with Haidara at left-back, for a few games. Either way, I can’t wait to play Villa. I wish the match was today! It’ll be nice to have a list of players to choose from for once…

• 45 fray bentos // Jan 26, 2013 at 12:15 PM

@yo-yo

Don’t know if you agree with me or not in that post?

• 46 SupaToonKid // Jan 26, 2013 at 12:15 PM

Sissoko is far more like Yaya Touré than Viera. Not just a CDM but a powerhouse going forward as a CAM. The competition in CM for us is fantastic. We’re 1 forward short atm but even if we don’t sign anybody else we should still get a top 8-10 finish.

• 47 ichrisho // Jan 26, 2013 at 12:17 PM

do you think we will sell anyone by jan 30?

• 48 Jarra // Jan 26, 2013 at 12:18 PM

So upbeat now I keep singing the tune to the French national anthem in my head and the words Victoir as it was shouted out from the crowd in that second world war film where Pele and Bobby Moore stared in along with actors Michael Caine and Stallone played in goal.
    Could you imagine that at St James being rang around the crowd VICTOIR, VICTOIR, VICTOIR follwed by the French National anthem.
    Really am like a kid buzzing, you know what there really is something special in following this club Thank god I was born a Geordie.
    Howay the lads.
    PS be grateful who could remind me what the film was called as will buy it just to watch that bit at the end so I can build up to Tuesday nights match.

• 49 Mr Random // Jan 26, 2013 at 12:18 PM

I would sell tiote now. Got a really bad ego to him. Gets frustrated wayyy too easy. Sissoko ideal replacement.

• 50 infintoon // Jan 26, 2013 at 12:19 PM

we’ll probably sell Simpson if he will be willing to jump ship in january.

• 51 Spuggy // Jan 26, 2013 at 12:19 PM

Nouveau chateau!

• 52 AshSays // Jan 26, 2013 at 12:19 PM

The way I see it, Gouffran is here to support Cisse and for that purpose he has a more than a decent goal/game ratio. Cisse is our finisher, was very unlucky against Reading. He needs to sort out his positioning though as he is caught offside one to many times.

I follow the Portuguese league and RVW is also not the solo striker type, also not the best penalty taker, he has missed a few. Sporting Lisbon fans don’t rate him highly and if it were up to them they would drive him to Newcastle for the fee Newcastle has apparently offered ~£10M. Sporting Lisbon was already after a striker so I would be surprised if they sell their only striker with 5 days remaining in the transfer window.

• 53 tequilamag // Jan 26, 2013 at 12:20 PM

Jarra Escape to victory

• 54 Jarra // Jan 26, 2013 at 12:20 PM

VICTOIR — VICTOIR — VICTOIR
    sorry really cant stop and don’t want to either
    Howay Lads how many are now hearing those words in your head lol

• 55 ichrisho // Jan 26, 2013 at 12:21 PM

@ Random – I think Tiote will the one to leave in the summer… I just think his discipline and how he is perceived by the refs in the PL now means he will be a marked man for a long time… I would take 20m for him and spend 10-15m on Wanyama…

• 56 Jarra // Jan 26, 2013 at 12:22 PM

Cheers mate and how appropriate
    Escape to victory as we escape this relegation threat and climb back ready to take the league on next season.
    VICTOIR VICTOIR VICTOIR

• 57 tequilamag // Jan 26, 2013 at 12:23 PM

onwards and upwards my friend

• 58 ichrisho // Jan 26, 2013 at 12:24 PM

lads – theres an E at the end of Victior

• 59 Mr Random // Jan 26, 2013 at 12:24 PM

@ichrisho – £20m would be great deal but I wouldn’t get a DMF, I’d go for a Class A striker. Think our season is abysmal this year due to pardew playing the one up front. Even shearer had support I’m every game.

• 60 ichrisho // Jan 26, 2013 at 12:27 PM

Random – I see what you mean… I do think Sissoko would have replaced Tiote being sold in the summer so maybe a Striker would be better… I dont know who mind? Someone who can read an offside line might be good to teach Papa Cisse… :) personally I would get CHarlie Austin in…

• 61 AshSays // Jan 26, 2013 at 12:31 PM

I am hoping to see a more confident Obertan as a result of this French influx. Just read that he’s happy to see Gouffran joining NUFC, they played together before he joined Man U.

• 62 Mr Random // Jan 26, 2013 at 12:33 PM

@ichrisho – lot of strikers come to mind. Charlie Austin seems like Jermaine Beckford when at Leeds. He won’t fit in premier league. One of my favourite young players out there is Bojan krkic (ex-barca) and Sergio canales. They would be ideal. But they don’t speak French! :)

• 63 gorgonzola ( former Pecorino former to gorgonzola) // Jan 26, 2013 at 12:36 PM

We should get him….

• 64 ichrisho // Jan 26, 2013 at 12:37 PM

Random – I was just thinking best to get some “local”-ish lads in… I thin more french might be a bad idea…

• 65 phillyg // Jan 26, 2013 at 12:38 PM

—————–krul
    debuchy-collo-mbwia-santon
    ————-anita-sissoko
    gouffran – cabaye – marvuex
    —————-cisse

I can see pardew starting this, anita and sissoko holding allowing cabs goufran and marvuex to create and supply for cisse. if struggling push anita out right and goufran up front along side cisse.

• 66 phillyg // Jan 26, 2013 at 12:39 PM

second 11
    —————elliot
    simpson- taylor- willo – hiadara
    ————-tiote – perch
    obertan – HBA – guite
    Ameobi

• 67 ichrisho // Jan 26, 2013 at 12:41 PM

what about Caroll back? oooooohhhh Contraversial

• 68 tequilamag // Jan 26, 2013 at 12:41 PM

ichriso, there is a third Ameobi, plays in Iceland I think. Not sure how good his french is though.

• 69 ichrisho // Jan 26, 2013 at 12:43 PM

Tequila – why not we seem to have made a home for the other two… i am particuliarly disappointed with sammy… very flimsy and lightweight… thought more of him… what ya reckon on Jordan rhodes?

• 70 Jarra // Jan 26, 2013 at 12:43 PM

@ Ichrisho

sod the spelling mate just shout it from the roof tops VICTOIRE VICTOIRE VICTOIRE

• 71 ichrisho // Jan 26, 2013 at 12:46 PM

Jarra youre right… its not as if the players will stop mid-match and correct the spelling… did you see they have an NUFC beret on sale at the shop?

• 72 Mr Random // Jan 26, 2013 at 12:48 PM

Within next decade we’ll be able to field a starting 11 with all ameobis!

• 73 tequilamag // Jan 26, 2013 at 12:49 PM

ichriso, for Sammi he is still young but looks like his confidence is shot at the moment. I think he has more ability than Shola but a loan seems the obvious option for him. Rhodes has scored a lot and may be worth a punt but prices for English players are crazy.Having said that we are getting close to the max amount of foreign players and will soon need to start looking at British players.

• 74 ichrisho // Jan 26, 2013 at 12:52 PM

Haidara looking well impressive Vs Lille…
    I like the look of that left peg and the speed he has… Carr knows his players alright…

• 75 ichrisho // Jan 26, 2013 at 12:53 PM

Tequila – youre right about the price of players… look at Tom Ince… rejected from Liverpool a year ago and now he’s gonna cost a massive 8-9m… just to get him back… I think that Austin or Rhodes would be good purchases… surprised that we dont have another look at Danny Graham… be good for 3 seasons out of him.. at least we know he would give 100%

• 76 ichrisho // Jan 26, 2013 at 12:57 PM

a french mate of mine from Marsielle said that the club and fans are absolutely gutted and raging that we got sissoko… and that Barton regurlarly bad-mouths the toon… ass-wipe…

• 77 tequilamag // Jan 26, 2013 at 1:01 PM

I like Danny Graham and think he is worth a punt. It`s good long term policy to buy players who will increase in value but we should be flexible. He has shown he can score goals at PL level so is a fairly low risk gamble. Playing for your home club can only be a plus he knows what the team means to the fans.Not stupid money either.

• 78 ToonMauritius // Jan 26, 2013 at 1:02 PM

lol that PEA got talent, speedy and good goalscorer, that exactly what we need

• 79 ichrisho // Jan 26, 2013 at 1:02 PM

I reckon we coild get him in for about 4m – not bad… I would love to see Hooper in the PL… although Lennon would want about 10m for him… he played for scunthorpe 3 years ago… and now he’s worth 10m… no thanks..

• 80 ToonMauritius // Jan 26, 2013 at 1:04 PM

if he come here, surely Cisse will warm the bench

• 81 ichrisho // Jan 26, 2013 at 1:07 PM

PEA?

• 82 ichrisho // Jan 26, 2013 at 1:08 PM

I think Cisse should warm the bench for a while…

• 83 ichrisho // Jan 26, 2013 at 1:10 PM

I get the PEA reference now… am off for a PEE… catch ye in a while… HWTL

• 84 Sazzer // Jan 26, 2013 at 1:21 PM

Any truth in Ince bid?

• 85 surreytoon // Jan 26, 2013 at 1:30 PM

PEA bid rejected according to Saint Ettiene press release. Claims all involved including agent and player unanimous decision.

• 86 hugotoon // Jan 26, 2013 at 1:33 PM

Just a thought will Mike Ashley get his first positive chant at the Chelsea game? He may have almost destroyed the club….but this week has been the stuff of dreams.

‘He spends when he wants, he spends when he wants, Mike Ashley he spends who he wants’ Anyone?

• 87 Markaccus // Jan 26, 2013 at 1:35 PM

I’d like a striker who can play in a 442 with cisse (I’m sure well use 442 on some occasions), but he must also be able to play behind cisse or wide in a 433. Ideally hed be able to play in place of cisse in case of injury. Who fits this profile?

• 88 Sazzer // Jan 26, 2013 at 1:37 PM

It looks like PEA has confidence other clubs will go for him so moving on and stealing Ince might not be such a bad idea if there is any truth to it. Pardew watched Fulham – Blackpool. Liverpool have submitted bid yesterday for Ince. We will see.

• 89 Tekkers29 // Jan 26, 2013 at 1:41 PM

sorry but Blackpool rejected £6m for ince so they want at least £7m and the guy is not worth anything near that.

• 90 BigKirky // Jan 26, 2013 at 1:45 PM

Also, credit is due to Mick Lowes for hinting that numerous signings were advanced without actually giving the game away with names and details.

Much appreciated assurance to the fans. Well done Mick.

• 91 surreytoon // Jan 26, 2013 at 1:49 PM

According to GFN QPR also bid for PEA E15m also rejected. Not sure about that one.

• 92 valle // Jan 26, 2013 at 1:50 PM

QPR also bidding on PEA… Had a 15 mil euro bid rejected.

• 93 BigKirky // Jan 26, 2013 at 1:50 PM

…and to the guys on here for sharing the knowledge which they had. Cheers.

• 94 valle // Jan 26, 2013 at 1:51 PM

I hope so much that QPR will go down

• 95 ToonMauritius // Jan 26, 2013 at 1:51 PM

GFNFrance ?@GFN_France
    According to RMC, #SaintEtienne also rejected a €15m from #QPR for Pierre Emerick #Aubameyang.

• 96 Sazzer // Jan 26, 2013 at 1:52 PM

Buying Ince at 7 letting him score more goals than Coutinho and then selling him to Liverfool for 25 m £.

• 97 santonthenewmaldini // Jan 26, 2013 at 1:52 PM

Personally can’t wait to loan the youngsters out as it will be the making or breaking of them we need to see which ones are worthy of keeping

Think we should also use them as makeweights in a few transfers like if we could get Ince or Butland for a fee and give them any of Tav, Sammy, Fergy, Abeid and Bigi to help them to the end of the season

The best manager to have them playing would be Ian Holloway but not sure if Palace have any other prospects other than Zaha

Actually think Ince would be amazing for us on the left or right hand side he scores some great goals and has set up about 13 already this season pretty productive is hard working and his dad seems to keep his feet on the ground

Would hate for him to go to Liverpool or the Mackems as lets face it we are the better prospect ha ha

• 98 Sazzer // Jan 26, 2013 at 1:53 PM

Fooooooooooooooooookiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnnngg PR-Qunts.

• 99 Barton // Jan 26, 2013 at 1:54 PM

Not sure how anyone can question Pardews man managment skills,for me one of the most telling things was last seasons work with Benny,not once did we see Bennys lip out when he was struggling to get a start (even though he our most skillfull player,we know it,and he knows it),he finaly got the lad to relise there’s no i in team,and what do we see now in the player,a lad who will work for the team,will track back when out of possesion ect.

• 100 gonz // Jan 26, 2013 at 1:54 PM

All I’ve got to say is ‘THINK WERE GONNA NEED A BIGGER BANNER’

• 101 Carl Cort // Jan 26, 2013 at 1:56 PM

offer liverpool 5m for caroll

• 102 alanrichie // Jan 26, 2013 at 1:58 PM

Seems people are warming to Ashley!

• 103 santonthenewmaldini // Jan 26, 2013 at 1:58 PM

Thats another thing actually hope QPR go down

Because if they don’t lets hope we have the players we want to sign in the summer already pretty much secured as Harry will be sniffing about every guy we try to make a bid on

• 104 toonfield // Jan 26, 2013 at 1:59 PM

@1 – you work for mcdonalds?

• 105 gorgonzola ( former Pecorino former to gorgonzola) // Jan 26, 2013 at 1:59 PM

PEA to QPR …

HAHAAHAAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

• 106 Carl Cort // Jan 26, 2013 at 2:00 PM

i’d love it if QPR went down

• 107 gorgonzola ( former Pecorino former to gorgonzola) // Jan 26, 2013 at 2:04 PM

i liked the FB page….

• 108 mattnufc // Jan 26, 2013 at 2:06 PM

If QPR, Villa and Sunderland went down it would be like a second Christmas.

• 109 valle // Jan 26, 2013 at 2:10 PM

I actually wouldnt want Sunderland to go down, no more derbies and lately we take at least 4 points of them per season… I dont think they will neither, but QPR and Villa thats another story, they are very likely to go down and i hope thay do.

• 110 true toon // Jan 26, 2013 at 2:12 PM

Sissoko is overrated. I rather we sign yann vila.

• 111 Jayden // Jan 26, 2013 at 2:13 PM

Would we really want a personality such as M’Vila? No. Also, for all those wanting Blanc in, he doesn’t particularly like wor Bennie.. at all.

• 112 piers18 // Jan 26, 2013 at 2:14 PM

Let’s get Younnes Belhanda……10-12millll

• 113 valle // Jan 26, 2013 at 2:14 PM

The problem with QPR is financial fairplay… I thought about it the other day and took warmth from the fact that they would be in trouble there, but then i thought, financial fairplays punishment is not being allowed into europe right? Well, they wont care about that, because they wont be near Europe for years so they can use whatever they want those bstrds.

• 114 Tekkers29 // Jan 26, 2013 at 2:16 PM

remy missing for qpr today as he has a hamstring injury.

• 115 mattnufc // Jan 26, 2013 at 2:16 PM

@Valle
    Yeah same tbh, wouldn’t mind seeing them being relegated for a season though. Then we can get Bramble at a cut down price :)
    @true toon
    Much point of saying that?

• 116 nick_9 // Jan 26, 2013 at 2:18 PM

4 people have liked that Facebook page, i get the feeling thengeneral consensus is fans are thankful for the signings though and wouldnt be surprised if a chant broke out. It’s exactly what was needed to combat relegation and lessen our chances of going down, if Pardew has anything about him he will get the lads playing well and hopefully we can pick up a good 30 points from our remaining 15 games. I just hope we can put villa to bed on Tuesday and then make the Chelsea game less nervous.

• 117 manxpie // Jan 26, 2013 at 2:18 PM

Oh oh kets is gonna be devastated looks like the great Paul scharner is on his way to the scum :)

• 118 WWYCD // Jan 26, 2013 at 2:18 PM

Sissoko is a all round better player than MVila just hasn’t had the same level of press because he has a better attitude

• 119 valle // Jan 26, 2013 at 2:19 PM

mattnufc… A season would be ok i guess, if anything to take away their only real attack on us, that they have been in the EPL longer than us.

• 120 santonthenewmaldini // Jan 26, 2013 at 2:20 PM

Yeah i liked the page!!

Joint fav signings are Sissoko and Mbiwa

But i still reckon we will come back with a better offer for Thauvin and will also sign a Forward/Striker before the window closes for big money

Not an ITK but just have a feeling we are not done

• 121 valle // Jan 26, 2013 at 2:23 PM

This is quite funny http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q4JhCO3nc6w&feature=share

• 122 mattnufc // Jan 26, 2013 at 2:24 PM

I hope Stoke get relegated, my Sunday League team plays more attractive football.

• 123 Tekkers29 // Jan 26, 2013 at 2:36 PM

just watching soccer saturday and they said not one geordie player started last week against reading.

so i guess not even they class ameobi as a football player

• 124 Sazzer // Jan 26, 2013 at 2:38 PM

GFNFrance ?@GFN_France

France football are claiming that #Newcastle will NOT buy anymore #Ligue1 players this market.

• 125 Phoenix // Jan 26, 2013 at 2:41 PM

Is that because because French fa worried about mass exodus of decent players

• 126 EastEndMagpie // Jan 26, 2013 at 2:42 PM

hate pople who are just writing us off against chelsea, and TOTTENHAM!?!?! leave off!!!!!! have some faith… we can beat both of those teams, no reason why we couldnt get 4 points out of those games. back your club.

• 127 nick_9 // Jan 26, 2013 at 2:45 PM

They really are taking this French player thing too far. Arsenal only have Walcott, chamberlain and Gibbs who regularly play and are English. Man united have more but look at the cost of Rooney, Ferdinand, carrick, young and even jones. All over 15 million which is near a club record for us. We’ve tried spending big on English players with Owen and how did that pan out? Maybe if quality English players weren’t so few and far between then they would sell for 35 million on the back of half a good season.

Take all the criticism about french players on the chin lads, can’t win in this day and age. Would they rather us sign one English player and help the national team or four players for the same price as help ourselves, it’s a joke and for the record in that game versus reading we had the following in our starting eleven:

Williamson and Ameobi – 2 English players
    Debuchy, cabaye and marveaux – 3 French players
    Colo and Jonas – argentines
    Anita and krul – Dutch

Looking at our away record we’re the only team in the league who hasn’t won away yet, can we change that on Tuesday? 5 points from 11 away games.

• 128 SupaToonKid // Jan 26, 2013 at 2:45 PM

Looks like our Ligue 1 raid is over. Maybe still make a move for a forward from Holland (de Jong or Bony?) though. Can’t see RVW happening.

• 129 thai-mag // Jan 26, 2013 at 2:46 PM

ameobi was born in nigeria, he moved here when he was a kid, so they were right

• 130 Sazzer // Jan 26, 2013 at 2:47 PM

It’s probably because we have got our bids on Mirin, Thauvin and Aubameyang rejected, and we are moving our troops to Netherlands.

• 131 Sazzer // Jan 26, 2013 at 2:51 PM

Or we are just making floppy chops bewildered where we will go next.

• 132 Sazzer // Jan 26, 2013 at 2:53 PM

• 133 Big Pappa Cissé // Jan 26, 2013 at 2:53 PM

Howard Webb shouls have went to specs savers :) . Shocking decision

• 134 Phoenix // Jan 26, 2013 at 2:54 PM

In recent years we had Carroll,Nolan,Barton,Guthrie,smith who either wanted too much money or didn’t cut it,think a lot of its jealousy because we signed them

• 135 Sazzer // Jan 26, 2013 at 2:54 PM

• 136 naptoon // Jan 26, 2013 at 2:56 PM

see st ettiene refusing so far … they want more euros no mention of qpr
    fifa.com so should be accurate

• 137 Magpies-till-d3ath // Jan 26, 2013 at 2:58 PM

PEA would never go to QPR! They’re awful! btw, Remy out injured today, wonder how much they’ll get beat now?:/

• 138 naptoon // Jan 26, 2013 at 2:59 PM

i hope not just today coupon banker

• 139 Phoenix // Jan 26, 2013 at 3:00 PM

Nap toon,I read qpr had bid 15million and had it rejected.

• 140 nightfa11 // Jan 26, 2013 at 3:01 PM

i think we will sign carroll in summer..for undisclosed fee (6,7 mio tops)..good replacement for shola.. & we will get him on 30 k..for him its either this..returning here & starts playing for his team again..or becoming a jouney man..

• 141 naptoon // Jan 26, 2013 at 3:01 PM

i see on twitter but st ettienne only mention us

• 142 JTOONJ // Jan 26, 2013 at 3:02 PM

Think people were right about remy being injury prone ! Dodge a massive bullet their !

• 143 Tekkers29 // Jan 26, 2013 at 3:03 PM

thai-mag

and yet they mentioned steven taylor as a geordie that we need. what is the difference as neither were born here but as far as im concerned they are both geordies.

• 144 toonfield // Jan 26, 2013 at 3:04 PM

Qpr losing 1 – 0 to mk dons

• 145 naptoon // Jan 26, 2013 at 3:06 PM

i think carroll will be aswell back he would give us more options i still think west ham could be dragged into relegation battle

• 146 Phoenix // Jan 26, 2013 at 3:06 PM

Just looked on physioroom, remy was due for a late fitness test today,but now it says no return date lol,he has done his hamstring,be quite comical if he was out for season and they got relegated

• 147 hatem786 // Jan 26, 2013 at 3:06 PM

Newcastle made a failed bid to sign Saint-Etienne striker Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang

• 148 sirtoongospel // Jan 26, 2013 at 3:12 PM

I think Cisse should start every game front and centre. Outscored Ba over the last 12 months, and has played as much as Ba in a wide position. Too many of our fans are prepared to write him off. With these new players he will fire them in, he has always scored in his career and that won’t change.

• 149 Jayden // Jan 26, 2013 at 3:14 PM

I’m calling a Cisse brace against AV.

• 150 nick_9 // Jan 26, 2013 at 3:14 PM

Strange thinking about Shola, played 20 games for England u21′s and speaks English well but in reality doesn’t have English parents and wasn’t born here. For all the haters:

——————-harper—————–
    Simmo — Willo — Taylor—raylor
    Sameobi-gosling–perch— ferguson
    ————ranger—–Campbell———

Out of all those only raylor (injured) and Campbell haven’t features at first team level. Not many teams who finished in the top half last season can field a full English eleven.

• 151 Phoenix // Jan 26, 2013 at 3:15 PM

I’m getting a bit tired of reading reports casting doubts on whether our French signings are up to the fight ahead,all I keep thinking of is the French foreign legion were a bunch of right hard bastards

• 152 Jayden // Jan 26, 2013 at 3:15 PM

Fergie’s NIrish.

• 153 nick_9 // Jan 26, 2013 at 3:16 PM

Full British eleven sorry ^

• 154 nick_9 // Jan 26, 2013 at 3:17 PM

Forgot about ferguson.

• 155 nick_9 // Jan 26, 2013 at 3:18 PM

Dummet is British isn’t be? Welsh lad? He can step in haha. I’m determined to get a British 11 out there

• 156 toonfield // Jan 26, 2013 at 3:18 PM

Sirtoon- its only a matter of time till cisse starts scoring. I think the new signings will give everyone a much needed boost- cisse to score against villa

• 157 Jayden // Jan 26, 2013 at 3:20 PM

Wouldn’t mind some snaps of the club’s training session right about now. Wanna see some smiles at Benton :D

• 158 Marty-Toon // Jan 26, 2013 at 3:22 PM

Real shame we ain’t playin today,although the extra time together training is good :-)
    Can’t wait to see these lads in black n white n hopefully giving their all

• 159 toonfield // Jan 26, 2013 at 3:23 PM

Mbiwa and sissoko need to start on tuesday – villa will be sh*tting themselves

• 160 toonLYF // Jan 26, 2013 at 3:25 PM

on the French//English thing…

let’s get a bit of perspective.

Jack Rodwell – 21 – Everton to Manchester City -
    £12m however could rise to £17m

Moussa Sissoko – 23 – Toulouse to Newcastle United –
    £2m

…need i say anymore?

• 161 roe997 // Jan 26, 2013 at 3:26 PM

Nireland is still classed as britain.

• 162 Jayden // Jan 26, 2013 at 3:26 PM

I reckon there’s a 50% chance Mapou will start – him or Saylor, Willo’s finished here imho ( h=hopeful ;) ). Sissoko; I can see him getting a run out around 70mins in, but not a starter.

• 163 nick_9 // Jan 26, 2013 at 3:29 PM

Marty – the more Pardew sees of them in training the more inclined he might be to start one in the villa game. A poster on here last night said that none of the new boys will start as they’re not fit enough but I find that hard to believe. Mbiwa and sissoko are tanks and I think both could bully the villa youngsters so I would like to see both start. Would like to see:

Debuchy – mbiwa – colo – santon
    ——– sissoko —– perch ——–
    Anita ——-cabaye———-marveaux
    —————–cisse————-

With gouffran and obertan coming on as late subs. People might question me putting perch in there but he won’t shy away from a tackle and puts some much needed graft in away from home.

• 164 Sazzer // Jan 26, 2013 at 3:31 PM

“It helped get other signings across the line this summer that we have been able to attract people like John O’Shea and Wes Brown, who have 750 games between them at Manchester United,” said Bruce.

“It’s not just their ability, it’s their attitude and winning mentality that rubs off on everyone. I don’t think that, three or four years ago, we could have got people like that to come here.”

• 165 toonLYF // Jan 26, 2013 at 3:32 PM

Absolutely no reason why M’biwa, Sissoko and Gouffran shouldn’t start imo. Saylor won’t be 100%, and Williamson needs a break. Sissoko and Gouffran are fully match fit and in form, and i’d like to think they both have the quality to slot straight in. I know Sissoko does for certain – it will be interesting to see how Yoan does.

—————–Krul——————

Debuchy—M’biwa-Coloccini—Santon

—————–Anita——————

———–Cabaye—Sissoko———–

Gouffran———Cisse——–Marveaux

Elliot
    Taylor
    Haidara
    Perch
    Jonas
    Obertan
    Shola

• 166 toonfield // Jan 26, 2013 at 3:39 PM

Toonlyf – on french/english thing.
    Sissoko was only £2m because his contract was up in summer and was leaving on a free. His club was lucky to get anything for him. Under normal circumstances hes worth 10 – 15m at least.
    I know what youre saying though about the difference between france/england.
    Zaha is a cracking player but is nowhere near worth 15m. Unproven

• 167 toonfield // Jan 26, 2013 at 3:40 PM

Qpr 0 – 2 mk dons

• 168 Bowzer912 // Jan 26, 2013 at 3:58 PM

I reckon that Moussa Sissoko could be like Yaya Toure and be released in the last 20-30mins to bulldoze the defence My Team for Villa would be: Krul
    Debuchy Mbiwa Colo Santoon
    Sissoko Anita
    Goofy Cabs Marvs
    Big Pappa

• 169 Malta Mag // Jan 26, 2013 at 4:50 PM

It’s nice to come onto the blog and not see the normal morons slating off Mike Ashley and Alan Pardew. Those same people must be seriously disappointed that the same owner you have slagged off since his arrival, has seen his mistake and put it right? That same owner, whether you like it or not saved our club by pumping in millions and whose only fault it would seem was to be born in “the smoke”. If I’d read the sh ite that’s written on here about myself, I wouldn’t ha ve forked out a penny.

• 170 Talentet // Jan 26, 2013 at 6:08 PM

———–Malta Mag—-

Normal morons? And you must be a big moron?

Newcaste is a sinking ship, and the captain, Mike Ashley, is doing everything in his power obviously to keep it above water.. The captain has run the ship VERY badly for a long time. It resulted in Championship some seasons ago, and now we might end up there again(catastrophic for a big club like this). If he had bought more players earlier, we would not have been in this mess now..

And Pardew has no clue

• 171 Carl Cort // Jan 27, 2013 at 11:35 AM

5 wins 4 draws

previous post: Coloccini’s Situation Delicate And Not Nice – He’s A Brilliant Guy

next post: Newcastle Bid For Striker Turned Down – Now What?