The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!

It’s Newcastle’s World – According to Moussa Sissoko

10:01 am, Sunday, January 27th, 2013 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 104 Comments

We’ve been impressed with the four new French players Newcastle got through the door last week and how professional they have been – and especially in their interviews where they come across as delighted to have joined Newcastle United.

moussa sissoko newcastle spokeman

Newcastle’s new spokesman – Moussa Sissoko

And none more so that our latest signing Moussa Sissoko – the 23 year-old top box to box midfielder from Toulouse – who has been on Newcastle’s radar screen for a couple of years now.

here’s his thoughts on there being too many Frenchmen in the Newcastle squad and what he thinks of  Newcastle:

“I do not think that this will be a problem.” “Even with so many French players in there I think we will be fine. The main thing is that our job is out on the field to win matches.”

“For the French players it is our task to adapt to the situation.”   “Newcastle are in a tricky situation at the moment.” “But this did not stop me coming. They have signed some very good players and they made me feel most welcome.”

“Of course, I wanted to play in the Premier League but Newcastle are a very, very big club. This was important to me.” “I’m just happy to be signing here.”  “If it all goes to plan then there is no reason why France will not continue to select me.”

“There are already French players here who play at international level.”

And on what Moussa thinks of Tuesday night’s crucial Premier League fixture at Villa Park:

“Tuesday night will be a difficult night. Aston Villa are also in a pretty poor position at the moment in the league.”   “It’s a match which we certainly can’t afford to lose. We must make sure we are motivated for Tuesday night so we come away with a result.”

And on why he wanted to make the move from Toulouse – the only club he’s played for so for in his career:

“It was really important to move on, to take on a new challenge. I’ve been with Toulouse for ten years now so even though I gave 100 per cent in training and during matches, it was quite a comfortable place for me.”  “I was in my comfort zone and I wanted to take on a new challenge and rise to that challenge.”

“And Newcastle is the ideal club for me to be able to go on and do great things.”  “At Toulouse I had the luck to play in almost every game but for me it was time to move on to a new challenge – and that new challenge was here in England.”

“I’ve often said that for me it’s the best league in the world and it’s also a league which corresponds to my style of play, and this is where I really want to take the most pleasure from playing.”  “It won’t be easy but it’s up to me to work hard so I get everything on my side so I can do my best.”

And finally on why he took the number 7 shirt at Newcastle and why he loves wearing fashionable clothes:

“I hope it will bring me good luck from the first match. The reason I took seven is because that was the number that was available. I wore 22 at Toulouse so I would have liked to take that but for me the number isn’t a priority. It’s not important; what is important is what happens on the pitch.”

“So I’m happy to have number seven but my priority is to be good on the pitch.” “I love to wear nice, fashionable clothes.” “It’s important for me. I like to go and buy nice clothes but I don’t do it for others – it’s for me.”

“I like it, it makes me feel good so I do it for myself. That’s the way I live. If it makes other people happy then that’s even better.” “With the black and white shirt, I think it will match me perfectly. And you’ll see a really handsome Sissoko on the pitch!”

We love this lad’s attitude, and he’s been compared with Patrick Vieira, and if he becomes anywhere near the footballer Patrick became at Arsenal – he’ll be one of Newcastle’s best ever signings.

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 us on Google+:

You can also reach Ed at admin@nufcblog.com

=============================================

Tags: Contracts · Moussa Sissoko · Newcastle News · Transfer News and Rumours

104 responses so far ↓

• 1 davybtoon // Jan 27, 2013 at 10:03 AM

Love this lad already I seriously don’t think some of you realise how good he is goin to b

• 2 Jayden // Jan 27, 2013 at 10:07 AM

Top professional. Same with all our recent signings.

• 3 Hatem's better than Messi // Jan 27, 2013 at 10:07 AM

Davy

Hopefully we’ll find out.
    No hoofing it over his head.

• 4 Mat Thai NUFC // Jan 27, 2013 at 10:10 AM

This guy is going to be awesome once he settles, but that is definitely the key for all our January signings. Its not easy coming into a team that seem to lose almost every game at the moment, coupled with new country and different style of football in this league. Im super excited for the Villa game and with their terrible run and lack of confidence it is the perfect game for these players to come into! Living in Thailand means that it will be a 2:30 am kick off or something.. gonna be worth it I feel, I’m sure my students will understand on Wednesday lol

• 5 geordie157 // Jan 27, 2013 at 10:10 AM

Griezmann!! And he’s French too

• 6 davybtoon // Jan 27, 2013 at 10:11 AM

The only person hoofing now will b krul now that willo n Simpson hav been dropped

• 7 Oldgit1 // Jan 27, 2013 at 10:12 AM

He appears to be chief spokesman for the new signings, hope this translate to the pitch and see a change on our fortunes. I refuse to be negative and only think of positives. Time will tell. Can’t wait for this guy to show us what he can do.

• 8 alex84 // Jan 27, 2013 at 10:13 AM

This has to be on par with when HBA Signed, I can not wait to see him play!

Really want to see PEA now as well!!

• 9 sirtoongospel // Jan 27, 2013 at 10:14 AM

He is what we have been crying out for. A ball carrier who explodes forward when he wins it. Will compliment Cabaye brilliantly.

With the pace and power added with Mapou, and a left footed LB (thank God!) we are adding what we have lacked. Gouffran brings the pace we lacked and now we are probably only 2 or 3 players away from being very very good. Striker, CB and a LW and then we lack nothing.

The likes of Spurs and Arsenal will have their hands full next season if we can continue to grow. First things first though, 3 points at Villa. Sissoko, Mapou and Gouffran could all start I think

• 10 Marty-Toon // Jan 27, 2013 at 10:16 AM

Welcome to Toon,Nr.7 shirt has been worn by some top players in the past.
    This guy is the real deal and gonna shine in England for us.
    He an absolute monster on the ball,control,passing,speed,positioning.
    Lets hope AP is up to the task with his tactics as he’s got some top quality in the team now.

• 11 MUTINYbyLEMONS // Jan 27, 2013 at 10:18 AM

He certainly talks a lot. Can’t wait to see him play

• 12 shearer 9 // Jan 27, 2013 at 10:18 AM

hey guys does any one no when then newcastle saints tickets go on general sale ?

• 13 Transfer Sage // Jan 27, 2013 at 10:19 AM

Would anyone think its worth going for Valencia from man utd in the summer.

With young and zaha we might be able to get him.

• 14 Toon_Sydney // Jan 27, 2013 at 10:19 AM

Hello Guys, Im from Australia and i want to know how can i get tickets for Newcastle v Southampton at @SJP. The official site has tickets for members only, is viagogo good? any other sites?, nufc wont state on their site when tickets for this game go on general sale too.!

• 15 Transfer Sage // Jan 27, 2013 at 10:21 AM

Shearer 9

Just look on the official site and have a look, usually in there.

Often 10-14 days before the game.

• 16 sandino // Jan 27, 2013 at 10:21 AM

sissoko = viera
    hba = maradona
    cisse = shearer
    cabaye = zidane
    nufc = a team of legends. : -) :-p

• 17 RonVanDam // Jan 27, 2013 at 10:22 AM

On a completely different note. Been watching Chelsea fans reaction when Drogba scored the winning penalty in last years UCL final.
    I have a question. What would you do if we won the BPL? \

• 18 Transfer Sage // Jan 27, 2013 at 10:23 AM

Toon Sydney

I have only ever bought then from official site.

You could become a member for 25 pound and tickets will be around 25 pound each also for cheapest ones (still a good view).

So if other sites charge more than that I’d just sign up a as a member.

• 19 Oldgit1 // Jan 27, 2013 at 10:24 AM

Appears pardew is angry, no more negatives up and at them. Carr is the man who I have total trust in also starting to have faith in MA bless him, who would have thought. Bring on wonga lol

• 20 toonarmydownsouth // Jan 27, 2013 at 10:24 AM

Davyb
    Chelsea already have first dibs on him chelski and vitesse have lots of agreements in place in regards to player development they got about 3 chelski lads there on loan now!

• 21 Hugh Jorgan // Jan 27, 2013 at 10:24 AM

shearer 9
    Sun 24.02.2013 Southampton (h) @ SJP, 1.30pm. Premier League. Member sale now, public sale from Wed 30.01.2013

• 22 saxonfenken // Jan 27, 2013 at 10:25 AM

Of the five players we have signed this window, Moussa,will be the most influential, perfect for Cabaye

• 23 blew // Jan 27, 2013 at 10:25 AM

All the players brought in this week are good and ready to start on Tuesday, but lets not get not get carried away.
    They have to do it on the pitch immediately, we are in serious trouble.
    I only hope AP drops his non-playing favourites, who are partly responsible for the current situation, for the new boys.

• 24 DanRo // Jan 27, 2013 at 10:25 AM

RE: Bony.
    £12million is too much to pay.
    He is strong, good at hold-up play, good left-foot, clinical finisher. Average speed…not slow, but not the pace that we need to inject our forward line with.
    I would be shocked if Ashley would be willing to pay such a huge amount of money for him.

• 25 sandino // Jan 27, 2013 at 10:26 AM

if nufc won bpl i would probably scream until my voice died :-)

• 26 shearer 9 // Jan 27, 2013 at 10:26 AM

weds the 30th cheers guys

• 27 toonarmydownsouth // Jan 27, 2013 at 10:26 AM

Davyb
    Also QPR got remy through doubling his wages do you think were going to double a wage offer to get bony? Highly doubt it

• 28 Transfer Sage // Jan 27, 2013 at 10:27 AM

Does anybody else not want bony?

I just think having our 2 main strikers head off to the ACON can’t be a good thing.

I’d rather we signed a European or South American forward.

• 29 davybtoon // Jan 27, 2013 at 10:28 AM

Chelsea hav just signed ba n they have lukaku both are pretty similar I doubt they will b goin after bony aswell who is the same type of striker as those 2

• 30 james589 // Jan 27, 2013 at 10:28 AM

He’s certainly making all the right noises. Just hope we can get a big win Tuesday to give everyone an even bigger lift.

Villa have been dumped out of 2 cups in a week by teams leagues below them. They will want this to be the game where they bounce back. We need to make sure that doesn’t happen, and with players like this lad having come through the door, I’m quietly confident things will go the right way on Tuesday night.

Absolutely amazed at this transfer window, the quality we’ve brought in for the money we’ve paid. Shrewd but solid signings. I said at the time when we missed out on Rémy that if a player is motivated by money rather than he shirt on his back and the badge on his chest he’s not for us. We’ve brought players in who are young, hungry, wanting to rise to a new challenge and on long contracts so we’ve got them tied in for their best years, save for a silly money bid. I know he’s got his critics, but Mike Ashley has got the job done this window big time (save for perhaps one more striker?). He’s given Pardew the biggest backing we’ve seen for a long time and I hope AP can get the best out of these players. He had the support he’s been asking for, and now he’s out of excuses- it’s time to show us why he’s the man to take us forward.

I’m really excited about what’s going on at St James’ Park and I’m now just hoping that the performances match our expectations- we’ve seen it go both ways when young players with talent come from the continent- anyone remember Xisco?! These lads all seem to have a great attitude and outlook. Seems we’ve sold the concept of us challenging at the top of the table in future seasons and they’ve all bought it (no mean fear when we’re languishing in 16th!)- just hope that materialises as otherwise they will become disillusioned.

One more quality striker through the door and this will surely be the best transfer window in our history, and possibly one of the best January windows for any club ever. I’m in no position to have an opinion on RvW, PEA or this Ivorian Bony we’re allegedly interested in. But given the signings so far I have confidence that if someone else does come in, they will be quality. Really hope we’re not in for Pogrebnyak personally. He’s good in the air and reasonably strong, but as AP pointed out he goes down too easily. Now we’ve got players to play actual football with, not hoofball. We need a technical striker- good finisher with genuine pace. Would be so frustrating after all these decent signings if we resorted to hitting it long to a target man.

• 31 Transfer Sage // Jan 27, 2013 at 10:28 AM

Tads

That’s presuming other clubs actually want him as well, all unknown at this stage.

• 32 jasper // Jan 27, 2013 at 10:30 AM

Toon-Sydney
    Drop me a line on patsyjasper@gmail.com and I’ll sort it for you.

• 33 proudtobageordie // Jan 27, 2013 at 10:30 AM

Sage

Morning mate. I think we need a European striker and I think it will be r v w he is exactly what we need

• 34 davybtoon // Jan 27, 2013 at 10:30 AM

Tads vittese are a small club in holland bony will b on less than 15vrand aweek we could triple or quadruple his wages

• 35 Transfer Sage // Jan 27, 2013 at 10:30 AM

I would prefer us to sign a top winger now and not a striker.

We have cisse and gouffran as well as shola if needed.

With wingers we only have Ben arfa and then we are on to players like obertan, sammy, marvoux (not genuine wide man). Obviously gouffran will play left side I think but be nice to have another winger before a striker…ideally both though

• 36 toonarmydownsouth // Jan 27, 2013 at 10:30 AM

DanRo
    Still out if all the CF’s weve been linked with he’s one i least want to see here, no doubting he’s a good player but he’s basically demba ba plus think the club should of learned by now not to have there two main CF’s as africans because chances are high you will lose them both for 6 weeks mid season!!
    Also think we should atm be looking for a LW over a CF

• 37 magpie6699 // Jan 27, 2013 at 10:31 AM

I’m pleased that for all the trouble we are in, we haven’t resorted to short-term panic buying to get out of our hole – you know, Darren Bent -type signings or a 30 year old centre half. We have stuck to our policy of buying for the medium to long term, with quality and no-one over 27, I believe.

• 38 numba9 // Jan 27, 2013 at 10:31 AM

Bony looks a good striker strong and eye for goal. He would be perfect replacement 4 ba. Villa will be hurting after two bad beatings last week and a wounded animal is dangerous so we must be totally focused on this match

• 39 DanRo // Jan 27, 2013 at 10:32 AM

@toonarmydownsouth

Couldn’t agree more.

• 40 davybtoon // Jan 27, 2013 at 10:33 AM

Sage agree with that like rvw would b a better buy regarding Acon n not losing strikers to it

• 41 Transfer Sage // Jan 27, 2013 at 10:34 AM

Proud

Morning.

Not sure who we will get. I don’t watch European football leagues often to really get the judge of a player, not a lot of ten anyway. From all the highlights though I think pea and rvw look better than bony.

Also would you have remy if qpr go down? I would if we could get him to half his wages. I don’t really hold a grudge, can’t blame a player for taking more money elsewhere if he also gets promised a central role. He could do that for us and act as good back up to cisse and play wide if he wants a regular spot

• 42 proudtobageordie // Jan 27, 2013 at 10:34 AM

Sage

To be honest mate I think a replacement for ba is priority. If cisse doesn’t regain form or get injured we are cooked shoal just ain’t good enough to start a game

• 43 Transfer Sage // Jan 27, 2013 at 10:35 AM

Davy

Especially seeing as both cisse and bony play for team that qualify 9 times out 10…so more than likely both wont be here for jan when we have FA cup games to win and a vital part of the season

• 44 Hatem's better than Messi // Jan 27, 2013 at 10:36 AM

We did play quite well v Reading first half.

With a huge morale boost for the squad and Cabaye further on with his comeback I think we’ll get a result.
    Villa are very poor, no leaders on the pitch.

A couple of Cisse goals would be great.
    Gouffron off the mark too!

0-3 to the TOON.

HWTL

• 45 Transfer Sage // Jan 27, 2013 at 10:37 AM

Proud

I would be very happy to see gouffran lead the line.

Would have the same effect as Walcott for arsenal I think…great pace to run in behind and can score plenty of goals. He’d be backup to cisse and then we could just but somebody else in his current role out wide

• 46 NEWEXPATMAGPIE // Jan 27, 2013 at 10:37 AM

If this lad plays as good as he comes across this signing is going to immense for us!

All we need now is a good striker to replace BA, but who?
    Well, watch this space! Wonder if BA will be playing against us next saturday? Hope he does as that will add to an already electric atmosphere!

@6: I really do hope that Willo is dropped but how do you know he is? Simpson has been injured anyway for a long time and has,nt played for weeks but i have an idea will be sold shortly anyway?

Any ideas for the team on Tuesday evening?
    Here,s mine:

Krul

Saylor(if back) Debuchy Collo Santon

Sissoko Anita

Obertan Cabaye Marvaux

Cisse

Swap Gouffron for Cisse in the second half ! I can,t wait for Tuesday !

Howay the Frogs! uum sorry! Lads !

• 47 proudtobageordie // Jan 27, 2013 at 10:38 AM

Sage

Sorry mate but as remy goes I wouldn’t go near him with a barge pole. Even when floppy chops take q p r down. He had his chance and he didn’t want to come to nufc. I think that says it all. But I bet he crys himself to sleep every night now regretting his decision

• 48 Transfer Sage // Jan 27, 2013 at 10:39 AM

Hatem better than messi

I think it’s a great time to play villa..they have been beaten in two cups by lower league teams recently and would have looked to bounce back against us. But seeing all our new signings mike knock the stuffing out of the manager and team…just demotivated them all further.

They are open at the back and there for the taking.

• 49 toonarmydownsouth // Jan 27, 2013 at 10:39 AM

Davyb
    Not triple the wages he’s on the wages he’d be offered
    His agent confirmed at the start of the window that contact had been made by liverpool and chelski
    Tbh just hope they get him too as dont think he’d fit i’d see him more as a replacement for cisse

• 50 Charlie in the Gallowgate // Jan 27, 2013 at 10:39 AM

Funny
    Reading all these players we are after
    Does anyone think like me -
    That the Reading defeat was a blessing in disguise.
    Cos I think if we had won ashley et al would of thought we are are basically safe and we had players to come back – so no need to buy until the summer

• 51 Blaydon-Toon // Jan 27, 2013 at 10:39 AM

Nice on Jasper helping out a fellow fan – like it well played :-)

• 52 Oldgit1 // Jan 27, 2013 at 10:40 AM

@transfer sage, good point. I would prefer a European player. Not sure about rvw or whatever his name is. With the influx of foreigners would prefer an English player ie hooper, ince, Austin, not that I’m against foreigners far from it, but someone that is use to the English weather. Taking a player from a hot climate and dropping him into the current weather cannot be good.

• 53 alex84 // Jan 27, 2013 at 10:41 AM

Anyone else got the classic case of…want what you cant have…I want us to sign PEA!

• 54 Transfer Sage // Jan 27, 2013 at 10:41 AM

Proud

I don’t mind him not choosing us. He isn’t a fan of either club and just wanted to play a central role to get goals and a move to a bigger side like spurs or arsenal.

With the quality we have I believe we can rival spurs and arsenal now so he might see us as that good option he wanted.

I also dont think you can blame a player for moving for double wages when in all honesty he won’t have thought he had a chance of winning anything at either club.

I think if he takes a pay cut and accepts the club he could be a top signing.

• 55 james589 // Jan 27, 2013 at 10:42 AM

Re. Rémy’s wages- I have heard, and I have no idea how reliable this is, that if QPR stay up, his bonus will mean his effective average wage is c. £85k/week, but if they go down, no bonus so considerably less.

I wouldn’t take him if QPR go down on principle- we were always the better club and if we weren’t good enough for him in January why should we be in summer? He’s shown his true colours and that he’s a greedy player only interested in money. Yes, from what we’ve seen so far he looks like a decent player and yes he’d probably settle easily due to the amount of French lads already at Newcastle. Still wouldn’t have him.

• 56 Transfer Sage // Jan 27, 2013 at 10:43 AM

Old git

I take the gamble on Ince. I think he could become a very very good player and we need a wide man who can score as well. He could be it.

I do like hooper as well, think he was always better than jelevic so would be a good option but for the money he’d cost I think better players are available.

• 57 cestriasteve // Jan 27, 2013 at 10:45 AM

Lads Rob Elliott trained with Chester-Le-street cricket team indoor nets on Thursday night he said that Mbiwa was absolutely awesome in training last week. Big strong and very composed and skilful , wonder if he gets the nod ahead of saylor on Tuesday, remember collos first season.

• 58 Jayden // Jan 27, 2013 at 10:45 AM

I reckon Gouffran will shine with Cabaye behind him. We all know Cabaye’s skill with through-balls, and his chips for strikers to run onto ain’t half bad either. Coupled with Gouffran’s blistering pace and seemingly cool finishing.

• 59 proudtobageordie // Jan 27, 2013 at 10:45 AM

Sage

Fair comment but don’t we want players who actually want to be at the club where money doesn’t come into the aquatint. Look at yanga and moussa. They could of went to any champions league clubs, but they wanted us. That is my point mate

• 60 Transfer Sage // Jan 27, 2013 at 10:46 AM

James 589

In fairness to remy how many players wouldn’t take double wages…especially when we weren’t signing players and qpr were making plenty of noise (even though that’s all it was, talk)

I think it would be great to screw then over, especially if they have given him a low release clause.

If want us to get him still but if better players are out there then don’t bother. Can always see how he performs for qpr this season

• 61 Blaydon-Toon // Jan 27, 2013 at 10:48 AM

Can someone please definitively state which of our current signings can play in the EL …

• 62 Ian Toon // Jan 27, 2013 at 10:48 AM

Proud – Bang on. It’s always been Pardew’s intention to get a BA quality replacement in by the close on Thursday.
    Did anyone watch the IC game against Tunisia . I read that Tiote played the whole game in a 3-0 win but I wondered how he played. A back to form Chiek is in my best starting team.

• 63 toonarmydownsouth // Jan 27, 2013 at 10:48 AM

James589
    Remy has essentially confirmed he has a relegation clause in place, whether that means he released on a free or for a small fee im not sure but basically if they go down he’s got a get out of jail free card!

• 64 Transfer Sage // Jan 27, 2013 at 10:51 AM

Proud

Well they could have done but they never had concrete offers from champs league sides. If arsenal or man utd had come in I think they would have chosen them in all fairness.

And money comes into every decision. If we offers 5k a week they wouldn’t come…I know what you mean though, our signings may make money a 20% priority where remy seems to have made it 80% of his decision.

I still think remy saw both us and qpr as a team where he could show his talent and if it didnt work for the team he could use his goals to move on…..much like Ba.

I think remy is similar to Ba in that he wanted a guaranteed central role to get goals and then a move to a title challenging or champs league team so being the central and main man at qpr would get him more goals.

With us showing ambition he might think that we could be that ‘big team’ he wanted in the end.

I get your point though, I’m just devoid of any sentiment haha…think there’s something wrong with me haha.

• 65 NEWEXPATMAGPIE // Jan 27, 2013 at 10:51 AM

Ince would be a damn good signing but not sure if we would get him?

We have a team now that resembles a French National 11 !

Wonder if we don,t get Butter from Birmingham if we will be going after the French keeper too?

I got a sneeking suspiction( awful spelling ) that come friday we will have another striker but i just don,t know who?

• 66 toonarmydownsouth // Jan 27, 2013 at 10:52 AM

Ian toon
    Didnt see the game but read a couple of match reports, very little mention of chiek except for sything someone down in a nasty sounding challenge

• 67 Transfer Sage // Jan 27, 2013 at 10:52 AM

Proud

I think I was that one fan who didnt care when the stadium name was changed…things like that don’t even bother me…unlike change and new things haha

• 68 Jayden // Jan 27, 2013 at 10:53 AM

I reckon Ashley’s got one more card up his sleeve. After all, chat-happy Pardew hasn’t said we’re finished yet, right?

• 69 toonarmydownsouth // Jan 27, 2013 at 10:54 AM

NEWEXPAT
    Torq toon said we were looking at a 20 yr old keeper from toulouse, an absolute beast of a lad tbf, but after the whole sissoko thing turned a bit nasty im not sure we could get him

• 70 Ian Toon // Jan 27, 2013 at 10:55 AM

Cest- I hope Yanga and Sissoko both start and I think they will. I feel that our season starts on Tuesday. I sense the excitement around town just like the start of any new season.

• 71 moonraker // Jan 27, 2013 at 10:57 AM

OMG Moussa Sissoko is so charismatic and if he can play as well as he talks (which I suspect he can) he will be tremendous for us!

Just what we need to raise our profile again!

Loving this situation ! Vive le Mike Ashley :-)

• 72 james589 // Jan 27, 2013 at 10:58 AM

Sage

Fair one, I don’t knock him for taking more money. 99% would do the same. But every once in a while you get someone who bucks the trend. Shearer turning MUFC down for Newcastle immediately springs to mind. I appreciate that’s a little different to this situation. Think it’s more a reflection of the game today rather than Rémy as a person. But if you look at the players we’ve brought in this window, most could have earned more elsewhere. Sissoko turned down the signing on bonus he could have had in the summer to play for us now, that I like.

Time’s a healer- maybe I could forgive him by the summer. If QPR go down he’s eating humble pie anyway as no big bonus and if he’s got goals in him why not. My concern would be if he does play well between now and the end of the season other clubs are going to be interested and there’s a few that even now we can’t compete with in the transfer market.

Maybe come the summer we won’t even need another striker depending on who we bring in in the next few days. If Cisse can rediscover even 60% of that white hot form from this time last year it’d be like a new signing. Think in the summer we would need to sign someone with a view to ultimately being Shola’s replacement- he ain’t getting any younger and unless we play Sunderland every week, I don’t think he’s got enough to take us forward which from the look of these signings is what we’re looking to do.

• 73 proudtobageordie // Jan 27, 2013 at 11:00 AM

Sage

Ref ba IMO he was where our problem lay in the first half of the season. He could dictate where he wanted to play cause of his clause and this disrupted the balance of the team and other players could sense it and it effected them. Now he has gone and with the additions I think balance will be perfect and a much happier dressing room

• 74 NEWEXPATMAGPIE // Jan 27, 2013 at 11:01 AM

Maybe we are all gonna start posting on here in French?

What, i wonder does Niafron think about all this?
    Aint seen him on her for weeks?

• 75 moonraker // Jan 27, 2013 at 11:02 AM

When Cheik Tiote comes home he’s gonna have to raise his game or he wont be playing. He has been well off form recently and IMO the reason we’ve lost some games.
    Also he’ll need to improve his discipline or he will not get back in again

He has not fulfilled his potential and will have to now for sure!!

• 76 Ian Toon // Jan 27, 2013 at 11:02 AM

Tads- sounds like Chiek- LOL. Reading your posts I see your as enthused as I am going forward. We’ll all feel immensely relieved once we start winning again and can look at the top half of the league.

• 77 Mat Thai NUFC // Jan 27, 2013 at 11:05 AM

I wouldn’t personally go for Remy if QPR got relegated for the same reasons as Proud, had the chance to come to us but went elsewhere for the cash. Lets get someone with pace in this window and then with power in the summer and we would have a great forward line. no more shola… please!

• 78 geordie157 // Jan 27, 2013 at 11:05 AM

FIFA latest update, have gouffran 77 and mbiwa 79. Haidara and sissoko will be in the next update then.

So aside from de jong, aubameyang, wolfswinkel and bony. Are there any other options out there? I still think we could test the water with a loan to buy deal for Sinclair. But we don’t do loans so is very unlikely.

Harry Maguire for a few mill would be good, loaning him back for the rest of the season

• 79 Ian Toon // Jan 27, 2013 at 11:05 AM

moonraker- what a great name!
    Chiek will be playing with better players. He can overcome his poor form can you imagine him at his best playing alongside Sissoko-wow

• 80 moonraker // Jan 27, 2013 at 11:05 AM

james589

Your giving Remy too much credit. He treated us with contempt and didnt even come to Newcastle to look around. There was only one motivation and we all know what that was. He is with the right club and we now have players with genuine ambition!!

• 81 NUFC FOR SALE // Jan 27, 2013 at 11:07 AM

I wish to god people would stop getting carried away and saying we’re going to thump Villa 3-0 or more

Please get real and stop living in a fantasy world.

Yes we’ve bought some decent players, but we just lost a home game to Reading and looked completely disjointed

You need to take a reality check if you think we’re now just going to steam roller teams

Honestly and we wonder why we get so many other fans calling us delusional

• 82 moonraker // Jan 27, 2013 at 11:08 AM

Ian Toon

I hope so cos I do rate him and want him to succeed :-)

• 83 Jamiemac // Jan 27, 2013 at 11:08 AM

Lee Ryder ?@lee_ryder
    From what I understand there has been no bid for Wilfried Bony of Vitesse Arnhem #nufc

• 84 Ian Toon // Jan 27, 2013 at 11:09 AM

moonraker- I don’t want to rake up the past . But weaknesses in a side
    Create weaknesses elsewhere when opposition sides seek to expose said faults. Chiek’s often impersonation of a headless chicken was because he was trying to do too much rather than just concentrate on his own game. He became frustrated.

• 85 Mat Thai NUFC // Jan 27, 2013 at 11:09 AM

Thats a point moonraker didnt remy sleep in and miss his flight to newcastle after we paid for his hotel and a night to the theatre or something…. that kind of attitude wouldnt have helped us fighting relegation

• 86 toonarmydownsouth // Jan 27, 2013 at 11:13 AM

Ian toon
    Feeling very optimistic about the toon made some absolutley fantastic signings and by pards words i cant see that any of them have been bought in purely to bulk up numbers! Even haidara he seems to think can impact the season!
    Although was feeling a bit low after the reading game have to give ashley full credit for taking hold of the situation and oulling out some great signings!

• 87 Marty-Toon // Jan 27, 2013 at 11:13 AM

Ian toon
    I seen the game,he was lucky as he had a badly timed tackle on an opposition player but otherwise nothing special.
    He lay very deep and took the ball from defence as usual,payed some good passes,but stayed very deep and was seldom far up the field.
    Sometimes it seemed as if he slowed down their opportunities of counter attacks with his defensive minded play,much the same as he does here.
    But he sure looked like a beast and very little got through him.
    They had a tall,skinny young lad up front that looked very good with nice flick ons and quick.Dont know what his name was now

• 88 SupaToonKid // Jan 27, 2013 at 11:14 AM

As good as the likes of RVW & Bonly are I would rather focus on getting others. A forward is needed but more in the form of PEA or Jeremain Lens as both can play out wide as well as up front and that type of flexibility in personel is what we need.

I’m happy with our business this window and I am sure with the additions we have made to the current crop that we can definitely get a top 10 finish. I cannot really see us signing anybody else as PEA looks a more realistic target for the summer however if we do complete that deal now then fantastic.

I believe our current squad needs 1 more forward and it is complete. Though in the summer we need to clear out the fringe players e.g. Gosling and replace them with super young guns like Maher & Thauvin.

Of course Coloccini as well needs replacing and I would do that by agreeing a pre-contract deal for Douglas. A Douglas-Mbiwa partnership would be very complimentary as they have contrasting CB abilities (powerhouse-technique).

• 89 Transfer Sage // Jan 27, 2013 at 11:16 AM

Nufc for sale

I would say that at the reading game if their keeper wasn’t on top form we could have been 3-0 up in the first half and gone on to win the game comfortably.

So whilst I don’t think we will be hammering Chelsea and spurs but we could be beating these teams around us. It won’t be a walk in the park and we will have to fight for the points but I think villa are there for the taking.

• 90 croftus5678 // Jan 27, 2013 at 11:17 AM

in fairness i would not turn any of the 3 world class strikers down we have been linked with as again we are trying to sign those way above our means and any would massively improve our team.

imo the best striker there is p.e.a. (youtube) followed by bony then r.v.w. (again youtube) but like i say any of them would be immense and we would struggle to see who gets dropped weather cisse/gouffran/new player.

gouffran i’m tipping to be better than cisse as i see what suarez does with his speed up front conbined with his hight and heading ability i really think he’s made for our team.

• 91 noladonna // Jan 27, 2013 at 11:17 AM

bony rvw and pea not impressed by any of these i think we should just play the waiting game and go after benteke or lukaku in the summer i would hate to see all our good work go out the window by wasting 12 to 15 million on these over hyped players, save the cash for the summer ashley

• 92 saxonfenken // Jan 27, 2013 at 11:17 AM

IMO, The reason Chiek has been under-par this season is because he has been told to try and not to get Yellow cards, he is hesitant and not sure whether to tackle or not, we could not afford to lose him to suspensions. Now However with far more cover we are in a much better position, so if I was Pards I would say get out there and play your normal game. I am sure we would soon see Chiek back to normal
    does anybody think like me

• 93 NEWEXPATMAGPIE // Jan 27, 2013 at 11:19 AM

I think they have agreed that Collo will be staying until end season !

Not sure who will replace him? Hate to think he will leave on bad Terms after all he has done for us in the last few years!

• 94 cestriasteve // Jan 27, 2013 at 11:19 AM

Ian toon Moonraker Torqtoon is the man who knows and he says he is the dogs bollocks. I reckon the Sissoko signing is the signing of the whole window and probably the signing which will save our season. Have to make a shirt purchase with that on. Wish I wasn’t going on holiday on Tuesday, going to miss the Chelsea game!!

• 95 Transfer Sage // Jan 27, 2013 at 11:20 AM

Proud

I don’t think Ba was the problem. Him playing central and cisse out to the right of the forward line was a problem

Ba could demand a central role but it was pardew who gave him it which was the issue.

I think that if Ba wasn’t played through the middle he wouldn’t have for the goals and been unhappy but without goals I doubt Chelsea or anyone would pay the fee and 80/90k a week.

It might have helped the team but it’s had to say, rather Ba left and cisse through the middle but no real issue now…time to move on.

Vive la revolution !!!!!!!!!

• 96 proudtobageordie // Jan 27, 2013 at 11:20 AM

Gents

We have had a decent window but don’t be dissalusioned. Our main priority was to replace ba. This hasn’t happened yet. If we don’t replace him I think the club will have failed in this window regardless of the other quality we have brought in. Goals win games not clean sheets and at the moment we are lacking fire power big time

• 97 Sir Braveheart // Jan 27, 2013 at 11:50 AM

@Blaydon

I posted the other day, Sissoko and Haidario can play in EL, Goffran cant, only one of either Mbiwa or Debuchy can.

• 98 Ian Toon // Jan 27, 2013 at 11:53 AM

Marty – Thanks for that .

• 99 Ian Toon // Jan 27, 2013 at 12:00 PM

cest- let’s hope so. I won’t be deserting the Cabaye shirt which I bought when he first signed. He ‘s the man! I have always seen him as the barometer of our play. I plan my life around football and am often thrown out by late TV games. I don’t travel away as much because of work but I managed to re-arrange so I could see debuts of a few new signings. I can feel the hairs on the back of my knock as I type. Have a good one.

• 100 Ian Toon // Jan 27, 2013 at 12:02 PM

tads- for me the big disappointment has been amongst the youngsters who I thought would step up to the plate. Let’s get them out on loan for the rest of the season. See ya.

• 101 veto // Jan 27, 2013 at 1:57 PM

reminder .. ACN is played for the last time in winter this year and has been moved to summer’s , no risk in buying african players now .

• 102 Carl Cort // Jan 27, 2013 at 5:00 PM

this is the signing i really wanted.

• 103 davis_toons // Jan 28, 2013 at 4:43 AM

A striker will stop any Pardew excuses now…

AP:…
    the new players are adapting to this hash environment,
    ..i thought we played really well …

For me.
    To be able conduct a pass flowing game, there must be players off the ball asking and making SPACE and Constantly looking for SPACE to run make available for team-mates to pass it to you.

Just like a Triangular. When a player on the ball. He got an opting to pass it be, be it forward or side ways.

I really dont see that WITH AP and Coaching Staff.
    Really hope to see some of it.

Because if no OPTION to PASS the ball. 90% of the players will just Pump it forward or worst Backwards.

Which is the case for us.

• 104 davis_toons // Jan 28, 2013 at 4:49 AM

The Quality players got to get themselves together and play a good passing game and win it. Because Ap doesnt have much to Impart to them apart from teaching them to CLEAR when there is danger.

Oh..remember when whoever is taking free kicks just try to loop it to Williamson, he will do rest. Rest be assured. Trust me – Alan Pardew signing off.

previous post: Pardew – We Just Couldn’t Compete For Wilfried Zaha