It’s Newcastle’s World – According to Moussa Sissoko

We’ve been impressed with the four new French players Newcastle got through the door last week and how professional they have been – and especially in their interviews where they come across as delighted to have joined Newcastle United.

moussa sissoko newcastle spokeman

Newcastle’s new spokesman – Moussa Sissoko

And none more so that our latest signing Moussa Sissoko – the 23 year-old top box to box midfielder from Toulouse – who has been on Newcastle’s radar screen for a couple of years now.

here’s his thoughts on there being too many Frenchmen in the Newcastle squad and what he thinks of  Newcastle:

“I do not think that this will be a problem.” “Even with so many French players in there I think we will be fine. The main thing is that our job is out on the field to win matches.”

“For the French players it is our task to adapt to the situation.”   “Newcastle are in a tricky situation at the moment.” “But this did not stop me coming. They have signed some very good players and they made me feel most welcome.”

“Of course, I wanted to play in the Premier League but Newcastle are a very, very big club. This was important to me.” “I’m just happy to be signing here.”  “If it all goes to plan then there is no reason why France will not continue to select me.”

“There are already French players here who play at international level.”

And on what Moussa thinks of Tuesday night’s crucial Premier League fixture at Villa Park:

“Tuesday night will be a difficult night. Aston Villa are also in a pretty poor position at the moment in the league.”   “It’s a match which we certainly can’t afford to lose. We must make sure we are motivated for Tuesday night so we come away with a result.”

And on why he wanted to make the move from Toulouse – the only club he’s played for so for in his career:

“It was really important to move on, to take on a new challenge. I’ve been with Toulouse for ten years now so even though I gave 100 per cent in training and during matches, it was quite a comfortable place for me.”  “I was in my comfort zone and I wanted to take on a new challenge and rise to that challenge.”

“And Newcastle is the ideal club for me to be able to go on and do great things.”  “At Toulouse I had the luck to play in almost every game but for me it was time to move on to a new challenge – and that new challenge was here in England.”

“I’ve often said that for me it’s the best league in the world and it’s also a league which corresponds to my style of play, and this is where I really want to take the most pleasure from playing.”  “It won’t be easy but it’s up to me to work hard so I get everything on my side so I can do my best.”

And finally on why he took the number 7 shirt at Newcastle and why he loves wearing fashionable clothes:

“I hope it will bring me good luck from the first match. The reason I took seven is because that was the number that was available. I wore 22 at Toulouse so I would have liked to take that but for me the number isn’t a priority. It’s not important; what is important is what happens on the pitch.”

“So I’m happy to have number seven but my priority is to be good on the pitch.” “I love to wear nice, fashionable clothes.” “It’s important for me. I like to go and buy nice clothes but I don’t do it for others – it’s for me.”

“I like it, it makes me feel good so I do it for myself. That’s the way I live. If it makes other people happy then that’s even better.” “With the black and white shirt, I think it will match me perfectly. And you’ll see a really handsome Sissoko on the pitch!”

We love this lad’s attitude, and he’s been compared with Patrick Vieira, and if he becomes anywhere near the footballer Patrick became at Arsenal – he’ll be one of Newcastle’s best ever signings.

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 us on Google+:

You can also reach Ed at admin@nufcblog.com

=============================================

• davybtoon

Jan 27, 2013 at 10:03 AM

Love this lad already I seriously don’t think some of you realise how good he is goin to b

• Jayden

Jan 27, 2013 at 10:07 AM

Top professional. Same with all our recent signings.

• Hatem's better than Messi

Jan 27, 2013 at 10:07 AM

Davy

Hopefully we’ll find out.
    No hoofing it over his head.

• Mat Thai NUFC

Jan 27, 2013 at 10:10 AM

This guy is going to be awesome once he settles, but that is definitely the key for all our January signings. Its not easy coming into a team that seem to lose almost every game at the moment, coupled with new country and different style of football in this league. Im super excited for the Villa game and with their terrible run and lack of confidence it is the perfect game for these players to come into! Living in Thailand means that it will be a 2:30 am kick off or something.. gonna be worth it I feel, I’m sure my students will understand on Wednesday lol

• geordie157

Jan 27, 2013 at 10:10 AM

Griezmann!! And he’s French too

• davybtoon

Jan 27, 2013 at 10:11 AM

The only person hoofing now will b krul now that willo n Simpson hav been dropped

• Oldgit1

Jan 27, 2013 at 10:12 AM

He appears to be chief spokesman for the new signings, hope this translate to the pitch and see a change on our fortunes. I refuse to be negative and only think of positives. Time will tell. Can’t wait for this guy to show us what he can do.

• alex84

Jan 27, 2013 at 10:13 AM

This has to be on par with when HBA Signed, I can not wait to see him play!

Really want to see PEA now as well!!

• sirtoongospel

Jan 27, 2013 at 10:14 AM

He is what we have been crying out for. A ball carrier who explodes forward when he wins it. Will compliment Cabaye brilliantly.

With the pace and power added with Mapou, and a left footed LB (thank God!) we are adding what we have lacked. Gouffran brings the pace we lacked and now we are probably only 2 or 3 players away from being very very good. Striker, CB and a LW and then we lack nothing.

The likes of Spurs and Arsenal will have their hands full next season if we can continue to grow. First things first though, 3 points at Villa. Sissoko, Mapou and Gouffran could all start I think

• Marty-Toon

Jan 27, 2013 at 10:16 AM

Welcome to Toon,Nr.7 shirt has been worn by some top players in the past.
    This guy is the real deal and gonna shine in England for us.
    He an absolute monster on the ball,control,passing,speed,positioning.
    Lets hope AP is up to the task with his tactics as he’s got some top quality in the team now.

• MUTINYbyLEMONS

Jan 27, 2013 at 10:18 AM

He certainly talks a lot. Can’t wait to see him play

• shearer 9

Jan 27, 2013 at 10:18 AM

hey guys does any one no when then newcastle saints tickets go on general sale ?

• Transfer Sage

Jan 27, 2013 at 10:19 AM

Would anyone think its worth going for Valencia from man utd in the summer.

With young and zaha we might be able to get him.

• Toon_Sydney

Jan 27, 2013 at 10:19 AM

Hello Guys, Im from Australia and i want to know how can i get tickets for Newcastle v Southampton at @SJP. The official site has tickets for members only, is viagogo good? any other sites?, nufc wont state on their site when tickets for this game go on general sale too.!

• Transfer Sage

Jan 27, 2013 at 10:21 AM

Shearer 9

Just look on the official site and have a look, usually in there.

Often 10-14 days before the game.

• sandino

Jan 27, 2013 at 10:21 AM

sissoko = viera
    hba = maradona
    cisse = shearer
    cabaye = zidane
    nufc = a team of legends. : -) :-p

• RonVanDam

Jan 27, 2013 at 10:22 AM

On a completely different note. Been watching Chelsea fans reaction when Drogba scored the winning penalty in last years UCL final.
    I have a question. What would you do if we won the BPL? \

• Transfer Sage

Jan 27, 2013 at 10:23 AM

Toon Sydney

I have only ever bought then from official site.

You could become a member for 25 pound and tickets will be around 25 pound each also for cheapest ones (still a good view).

So if other sites charge more than that I’d just sign up a as a member.

• Oldgit1

Jan 27, 2013 at 10:24 AM

Appears pardew is angry, no more negatives up and at them. Carr is the man who I have total trust in also starting to have faith in MA bless him, who would have thought. Bring on wonga lol

• toonarmydownsouth

Jan 27, 2013 at 10:24 AM

Davyb
    Chelsea already have first dibs on him chelski and vitesse have lots of agreements in place in regards to player development they got about 3 chelski lads there on loan now!

• Hugh Jorgan

Jan 27, 2013 at 10:24 AM

shearer 9
    Sun 24.02.2013 Southampton (h) @ SJP, 1.30pm. Premier League. Member sale now, public sale from Wed 30.01.2013

• saxonfenken

Jan 27, 2013 at 10:25 AM

Of the five players we have signed this window, Moussa,will be the most influential, perfect for Cabaye

• blew

Jan 27, 2013 at 10:25 AM

All the players brought in this week are good and ready to start on Tuesday, but lets not get not get carried away.
    They have to do it on the pitch immediately, we are in serious trouble.
    I only hope AP drops his non-playing favourites, who are partly responsible for the current situation, for the new boys.

• DanRo

Jan 27, 2013 at 10:25 AM

RE: Bony.
    £12million is too much to pay.
    He is strong, good at hold-up play, good left-foot, clinical finisher. Average speed…not slow, but not the pace that we need to inject our forward line with.
    I would be shocked if Ashley would be willing to pay such a huge amount of money for him.

• sandino

Jan 27, 2013 at 10:26 AM

if nufc won bpl i would probably scream until my voice died 🙂

• shearer 9

Jan 27, 2013 at 10:26 AM

weds the 30th cheers guys

• toonarmydownsouth

Jan 27, 2013 at 10:26 AM

Davyb
    Also QPR got remy through doubling his wages do you think were going to double a wage offer to get bony? Highly doubt it

• Transfer Sage

Jan 27, 2013 at 10:27 AM

Does anybody else not want bony?

I just think having our 2 main strikers head off to the ACON can’t be a good thing.

I’d rather we signed a European or South American forward.

• davybtoon

Jan 27, 2013 at 10:28 AM

Chelsea hav just signed ba n they have lukaku both are pretty similar I doubt they will b goin after bony aswell who is the same type of striker as those 2

• james589

Jan 27, 2013 at 10:28 AM

He’s certainly making all the right noises. Just hope we can get a big win Tuesday to give everyone an even bigger lift.

Villa have been dumped out of 2 cups in a week by teams leagues below them. They will want this to be the game where they bounce back. We need to make sure that doesn’t happen, and with players like this lad having come through the door, I’m quietly confident things will go the right way on Tuesday night.

Absolutely amazed at this transfer window, the quality we’ve brought in for the money we’ve paid. Shrewd but solid signings. I said at the time when we missed out on Rémy that if a player is motivated by money rather than he shirt on his back and the badge on his chest he’s not for us. We’ve brought players in who are young, hungry, wanting to rise to a new challenge and on long contracts so we’ve got them tied in for their best years, save for a silly money bid. I know he’s got his critics, but Mike Ashley has got the job done this window big time (save for perhaps one more striker?). He’s given Pardew the biggest backing we’ve seen for a long time and I hope AP can get the best out of these players. He had the support he’s been asking for, and now he’s out of excuses- it’s time to show us why he’s the man to take us forward.

I’m really excited about what’s going on at St James’ Park and I’m now just hoping that the performances match our expectations- we’ve seen it go both ways when young players with talent come from the continent- anyone remember Xisco?! These lads all seem to have a great attitude and outlook. Seems we’ve sold the concept of us challenging at the top of the table in future seasons and they’ve all bought it (no mean fear when we’re languishing in 16th!)- just hope that materialises as otherwise they will become disillusioned.

One more quality striker through the door and this will surely be the best transfer window in our history, and possibly one of the best January windows for any club ever. I’m in no position to have an opinion on RvW, PEA or this Ivorian Bony we’re allegedly interested in. But given the signings so far I have confidence that if someone else does come in, they will be quality. Really hope we’re not in for Pogrebnyak personally. He’s good in the air and reasonably strong, but as AP pointed out he goes down too easily. Now we’ve got players to play actual football with, not hoofball. We need a technical striker- good finisher with genuine pace. Would be so frustrating after all these decent signings if we resorted to hitting it long to a target man.

• Transfer Sage

Jan 27, 2013 at 10:28 AM

Tads

That’s presuming other clubs actually want him as well, all unknown at this stage.

• jasper

Jan 27, 2013 at 10:30 AM

Toon-Sydney
    Drop me a line on patsyjasper@gmail.com and I’ll sort it for you.

• proudtobageordie

Jan 27, 2013 at 10:30 AM

Sage

Morning mate. I think we need a European striker and I think it will be r v w he is exactly what we need

• davybtoon

Jan 27, 2013 at 10:30 AM

Tads vittese are a small club in holland bony will b on less than 15vrand aweek we could triple or quadruple his wages

• Transfer Sage

Jan 27, 2013 at 10:30 AM

I would prefer us to sign a top winger now and not a striker.

We have cisse and gouffran as well as shola if needed.

With wingers we only have Ben arfa and then we are on to players like obertan, sammy, marvoux (not genuine wide man). Obviously gouffran will play left side I think but be nice to have another winger before a striker…ideally both though

• toonarmydownsouth

Jan 27, 2013 at 10:30 AM

DanRo
    Still out if all the CF’s weve been linked with he’s one i least want to see here, no doubting he’s a good player but he’s basically demba ba plus think the club should of learned by now not to have there two main CF’s as africans because chances are high you will lose them both for 6 weeks mid season!!
    Also think we should atm be looking for a LW over a CF

• magpie6699

Jan 27, 2013 at 10:31 AM

I’m pleased that for all the trouble we are in, we haven’t resorted to short-term panic buying to get out of our hole – you know, Darren Bent -type signings or a 30 year old centre half. We have stuck to our policy of buying for the medium to long term, with quality and no-one over 27, I believe.

• numba9

Jan 27, 2013 at 10:31 AM

Bony looks a good striker strong and eye for goal. He would be perfect replacement 4 ba. Villa will be hurting after two bad beatings last week and a wounded animal is dangerous so we must be totally focused on this match

• DanRo

Jan 27, 2013 at 10:32 AM

@toonarmydownsouth

Couldn’t agree more.

• davybtoon

Jan 27, 2013 at 10:33 AM

Sage agree with that like rvw would b a better buy regarding Acon n not losing strikers to it