Which Striker Should Newcastle Buy This Week?

Newcastle could be after four different strikers this week – so given the approximate transfer fee of each of the following four strikers – which one would you like to see at Newcastle before the end of this month?

I didn’t put Lionel Messi down – because I thought he’d be a little too expensive.

Which Striker Should Newcastle Buy This Week?

View Results
Loading ... Loading ...

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 us on Google+:

You can also reach Ed at admin@nufcblog.com

=============================================

• Rockerfuller

Jan 27, 2013 at 5:02 PM

BONY 2013

• Dannyo

Jan 27, 2013 at 5:04 PM

Bony quite clearly, but we won’t be getting a striker. Our work is concluded.

• Santiago Munez

Jan 27, 2013 at 5:04 PM

wont get Aubameyang for 10 mil and pavel is on the older end. I’d be happy with any of them but prefer Bony or RVW

• blackerz69

Jan 27, 2013 at 5:04 PM

Must be Aubameyang!

• ToonDownSouth

Jan 27, 2013 at 5:04 PM

We should take bets on the starting 11 on Tuesday.

I think we’ll see Shola at fullback.

• Jayden

Jan 27, 2013 at 5:05 PM

TDS. Papiss in CDM

• Rockerfuller

Jan 27, 2013 at 5:06 PM

In all fairness . We should look another midfielder, our wings are weak and uncreative.. I’d like us to look at Coutinho, surely he’d be a good shout or maybe young nathan redmond from the brum?

• croftus5678

Jan 27, 2013 at 5:06 PM

pea is the better my second would be bony then rvw
    but any would be great and i would not rule gouffran pushing any of them out of the squad as he seems to be very very underated.

• Alan Pas-de-clue

Jan 27, 2013 at 5:07 PM

Hoping to see this 11 on Tuesday Give new signings time to bed in.

Krul
    Simpson Taylor willo santon
    Obertan perch cabaye gutti
    Shola cisse

• proudtobageordie

Jan 27, 2013 at 5:09 PM

We don’t need another striker who will be of to acon every other year
    R v w the closest thing to r v p you will ever see he gets my vote

• Rockerfuller

Jan 27, 2013 at 5:09 PM

Lets sign players and not use them.. silly idea.. Ameobi is past it, and cisse knows not where the goal is!

• Hugh Jorgan

Jan 27, 2013 at 5:10 PM

Oldham 3 Liverfool1

• No Plain Saylor

Jan 27, 2013 at 5:10 PM

You might as well have my grannys name down as Pogrebnyak!! For godsake Pardew insulted him before the reading match, he’s 29, sh1te and on high wages.. There is absolutely no interest from nufc, zero, zilch, nada..

• proudtobageordie

Jan 27, 2013 at 5:10 PM

Dannyo

Our works concluded.
    In your dreams mate

• ToonDownSouth

Jan 27, 2013 at 5:13 PM

proud

Why would that be in his dreams?

• keeganjr

Jan 27, 2013 at 5:13 PM

Watched a video of this Bony.. YES THANK U.. What a beast.. Ricky and bony.. And we will challenge top 4 next season

• noladonna

Jan 27, 2013 at 5:13 PM

none of the above get that big beast smith from oldham lol

• No Plain Saylor

Jan 27, 2013 at 5:14 PM

PEA is our man, Bony would be imense in place of Cisse.. He would not work with him, in the same way Ba didnt.. I cant see us spending up to 12 million on a striker to be rotated, 12 million on a player that can be in the same eleven as Cisse? For me it has to be a player who creates chances, scores goals, has skill, the crossing, and youth..
    Belhanda (agreed to join Fernebache, there is still time to swoop £7.67m fee is a bargain or him)
    Thomas Ince (better than Zaha, half the price, Reading just bid 7 mill for him..)
    PEA – (Quality up front or left of a front three, bags of skill)

• countrylad14

Jan 27, 2013 at 5:15 PM

I don’t think we need a big name striker this month (well we do but we wont get one) but we do need more back up in that position. In a way I kinda hope Shola gets a knock in training and is out for a few weeks….that might show them that we can’t rely on him as our only back up. I don’t see why we can’t put in a loan (option to buy) bid in for John Guildetti at Man City. Yes he isn’t proven but neither are any of our “targets” if if works out we can make it permanent in the summer

• proudtobageordie

Jan 27, 2013 at 5:16 PM

Tds

He must of been dreaming if he thinks that. We will bring in a striker as priority befor Thursday night imo

• Macas

Jan 27, 2013 at 5:16 PM

None, we need a good left winger

• nick_9

Jan 27, 2013 at 5:16 PM

No plain saylor – it’s crazy the press would even come up with such a link after what Pardew said.

Ed – why isn’t heskey in the poll?

Proud – I’m just finding it a little hard to believe we will spend more money this window after already having a net spend only about 12 million. I’m hoping we do bring in another striker though but I’m surprised (pleasantly) we’ve brought in five players this window

• nick_9

Jan 27, 2013 at 5:18 PM

Net spend of 12 million*

• No Plain Saylor

Jan 27, 2013 at 5:19 PM

Nick 9
    Thats what Sunday journalism is all about my friend 🙂 haha lazy lazy work that!

• Spuggy

Jan 27, 2013 at 5:21 PM

Siem in the summer

• proudtobageordie

Jan 27, 2013 at 5:21 PM

Nick9
    You found it hard to believe we were signing anyone after the reading defeat if I remember right lol. Pards interview before Everton start of jan after ba left that day. Our priority this window is to replace him? Do you honestly think gruff ran is his replacement? I don’t . So IMO I think wolfs winkle will arrive next week. Or I’m hoping he will

• Mr Random

Jan 27, 2013 at 5:22 PM

Danny graham. Boyhood nufc fan. Sunderland looking to buy him.

Really hope pardew goes in for him. Gotta save him from taking the wrong road.

• Tayls

Jan 27, 2013 at 5:23 PM

Now who are the jokers voting for Pavel?

• Dannyo

Jan 27, 2013 at 5:23 PM

@Proud
    Why would I be dreaming about NOT moving for anyone?
    Also, you continue to portray your words as if you knows something, when in fact you don’t.
    Haven’t you been shot down enough times by now?

• proudtobageordie

Jan 27, 2013 at 5:24 PM

Mr random
    Did you not see the Danny graham quote last week when Sunderland was mentioned. NO CHANCE I WOULD RATHER PLAY FOR GATESHEAD

• Jamiemac

Jan 27, 2013 at 5:24 PM

Krul
    Deb-Mbiwa-Taylor-Santon
    Anita-Sissoko
    Cabs
    Gouffran-Cisse-Marv

• GeordieDan

Jan 27, 2013 at 5:26 PM

Either Bony or Aubamayang for me.

Bony is prolific and an absolute beast but Aubamayang is technically quality and very fast.

I’d be very happy with either but I think Aubamayang would fit better into our current team.

• proudtobageordie

Jan 27, 2013 at 5:27 PM

Dannyo

Well you obviously haven’t been reading my posts correctly. Correct I know nowt they are opinions . Where as you seem to be posting what all journos are saying on twatter

• nick_9

Jan 27, 2013 at 5:28 PM

No plain Saylor – to think someone is being paid for writing such waffle.

Proud – I don’t remember saying such thing, all along I thought one or two and after Debuchy came in I thought we would sign a replacement for Ba and that be it. Before Ba left i wanted a cb and a rb plus replacements for anyone who left. Obviously I’m happy we have gone on to strengthen the back and being in further players. Now as for gouffran I’ve seen some fans big him up and others shoot him down so I’m really not sure what to expect with him. Another striker would top off a great window.

• Sazzer

Jan 27, 2013 at 5:28 PM

If we have 12 m £ over I would not spend it all on Bony. With deals on Thauvin and Aubameyang falling through I would go for:

8.3 m £ on Aspas relsease clause and bid rest on £ Kioytake.

• AndyMac

Jan 27, 2013 at 5:29 PM

I agree with Plain Saylor we should be looking to enhance the flanks with attacking mfs like HBA. Belhanda would be ideal to compliment HBA or Boudebouz or even Ince. We need to move away from traditional 4-4-2 once and for all, with 4-3-3 the preferred choice for the club and not just this team.

• vic2810

Jan 27, 2013 at 5:29 PM

Being very greedy I’d like to see Dries Mertens for LW AND R.V.W.
    Replace players in summer who go (Collo looks a dead cert to be off then, I’d take alderweireld), and we’d have a squad looking capable of challenging for trophies. It’s been a while since I was this optimistic as a toon fan.

• Dannyo

Jan 27, 2013 at 5:30 PM

Take this into consideration when you choose though.
    Aubamayang is more of a team player, can operate on the wing as well. Scores a good amount of goals, has bags of pace.
    Bony is very much a selfish player, like what Ba was accused of.
    Bony has 1 assist in 5 seasons.
    If you want an out and out striker who should be playing alone up top or alongside someone who’s a good assister, get Bony.
    If you want more of a team player who has more versatility, get Aubamayang.

Again though, i want Bony, he’s got power we could well use up top.

• richyg01

Jan 27, 2013 at 5:31 PM

I wouldn’t complain with any of them coming in!!

• north_country_boy

Jan 27, 2013 at 5:32 PM

Who are the 9 people who have voted for Pogrebynak??? Have you been drinking with your Sunday dinner?

1 2 3 11