Pardew – Now I Have To Create A Team – Quickly

We suppose it’s obvious but it’s hard sometimes for players to move to other clubs in January and expect them to be at their best immediately – and it very rarely happens that way.

alan pardew 321

Alan Pardew – has to create a new team – and quickly too

Id did happen for a certain Papiss Cisse last season when he hit 13 goals in 14 matches in the second half of the season and that propelled Newcastle to a terrific 5th place finish last season.

But for very Papiss Cisse there are others – like Kevin Nolan as one example – who find it difficult to settle in their first five months at the club.

Newcastle fans will be hoping the five Frenchmen signed at the club in January will settle in quickly and help prevent a second relegation in a short four years on Tyneside.

And the players and Alan Pardew are well aware of the specific challenges they have over the next five months, and this is what the Newcastle manager said about what he has to do and quickly:

“I think the challenge for me is to get a team quickly here. We’ve worked on that. The importance of the fixture is hard for them to comprehend. What happened to this club four years ago at Aston Villa, when Newcastle were relegated, is a message that will be difficult to portray to them unless you felt it.”

“The most important thing is that we get performances and we hit the ground running with this team. There are some players that you just know are at the level are going to hit the ground running and I don’t envisage Moussa Sissoko having a problem in this division or settling in quickly.”

“The players have helped, they understand I have to pick a team now that’s right for Newcastle every week, and they have to accept the decision and I won’t be making too many excuses for them.”

We’ll get some idea of how quickly some of our new players can settle into the club and playing in the Premier League tonight, when a few of them should see some playing time in the crucial relegation 6 pointer at Villa Park.

A win would be fantastic and just what the doctor ordered.

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 us on Google+:

You can also reach Ed at admin@nufcblog.com

=============================================

• Tommyy

Jan 29, 2013 at 10:27 AM

Something that I’ve noticed since Cabaye’s return is that I don’t think formation really matters now.
    We now have players who are mobile and create space, which is what we were lacking when playing 442 earlier this season. Our players are now good enough to create space and adapt whatever formation they are playing. So I’m not too worried about formation from Pardew now, unless of course he gives specific instructions to hold positions etc.

• Tommyy

Jan 29, 2013 at 10:30 AM

Also hints that Mbiwa to start ahead of Saylor? for the greater good of Newcastle and all that jazz.

• fergies left foot

Jan 29, 2013 at 10:31 AM

Why on earth is sky showing sunderland-swansea instead of our/citys game? does anyone know if theres a replay tonight maybe? channel?

• Markaccus

Jan 29, 2013 at 10:33 AM

Back 4 picks itself, and I’d imagine anita, sissoko and cabaye in MF (in either 4231 or 433) cisse up front. Only question is which wingers he will player. Between marv/jonas/goofy/squidward

• catchy in norway

Jan 29, 2013 at 10:33 AM

pardew will it all up by still playing jonas shola obertan

but love the new signings,, 3 are class

• John Tudor

Jan 29, 2013 at 10:34 AM

marv and goofy for me

• Markaccus

Jan 29, 2013 at 10:36 AM

@john, yeah I’d probably agree. Depends if he still wants to protect santon with jonas. I’d prefer if he concentrated on attack though.

• JAMSHA

Jan 29, 2013 at 10:37 AM

looks like saylor will start tonight

• naptoon

Jan 29, 2013 at 10:38 AM

i would have forest gump in the team hes vocal a leader and knows what its all about to be in a scrap. i would be picking the cbs according to the cfs they re up against and wether it was home away etc… colos a technical ball playing cb villa have power and pace up front for me it would be forest and mbiwa obv not gonna happen just what id do for this match when we might need people to put their body on the line …

• John Tudor

Jan 29, 2013 at 10:38 AM

santon needs to defend not attack as much i feel

• Munster Mag

Jan 29, 2013 at 10:38 AM

I’m certain Mbiwa will start. I’ve never got the impression that Pardew is a huge fan of Saylor.

• JAMSHA

Jan 29, 2013 at 10:39 AM

Villa vs Newcastle 1.25am Starsports India Live

• John Tudor

Jan 29, 2013 at 10:39 AM

pardew ,just dont get wrong id hate to be in your boots if you do

• Munster Mag

Jan 29, 2013 at 10:39 AM

Correct Mr Tudor. Thats assuming Santon can defend.

• John Tudor

Jan 29, 2013 at 10:40 AM

+it

• blew

Jan 29, 2013 at 10:40 AM

Fergie @ 3
    Live on firstrow or football first on sky at 1015 pm

• John Tudor

Jan 29, 2013 at 10:41 AM

if he cant why start in defense wing back with sweeper and three at the back

• Transfer Sage

Jan 29, 2013 at 10:44 AM

I think you dont worry about santon.

Tell him his job is to defend primarily and attack when he can…he should never sacrifice the defence to attack when its not needed.

If he can’t do that Haidara should get his chance in the coming weeks.

Santon is very good just gets out of position and doesn’t always bust a gut getting back….sort this out and you have a top fullback.

• TheToonKing

Jan 29, 2013 at 10:58 AM

I’m fairly sure Sissoko will be the only new signing in the starting 11.

Mbiwa maybe, but I’d put Saylor in ahead of him at this point. He’s only been here a few days and this is a crucial game, no room for mistakes.

• TonyGreenSupreme

Jan 29, 2013 at 11:33 AM

TKT,
    Disagree mate, Mbiwa should start as he is by far a better player than Saylor. We must start tonight with our strongest 11.
    Jonas has to benched along with Shola.. 3 points is a must tonight.

• tweaked

Jan 29, 2013 at 12:06 PM

@tony I agree m8, the best way to get the new boys in is to throw them right into this game against a weaker side so that they can bomb a few in

• OhSholaAmeobi

Jan 29, 2013 at 12:19 PM

I think we should play:
    Krul
    Debuchy Saylor Mbiwa Santon
    Coloccini Sissoko
    Anita Cabaye Marveaux
    Cisse

Because we don’t have a great deal of cover over the back 4 when anita/perch play at DM. Plus taylor seems really fired up for this one. Gouffran, shola, obertan to come off the bench, Gutierrez, perch or bigirimana if we’re closing the game out.

• danuneek

Jan 29, 2013 at 1:38 PM

I think using santon at left back is a risk that alot of teams have taken advantage of this season. This is a must win game and for me we cant take any risks. I would go for:

———————krul———————-