Pardew – Sissoko Is A Class Act – Trust Me

There’s no doubt Moussa Sissoko has made an immediate and positive impact with Newcastle fans – and his performance in the first half last night was simply superb – and if this lad can put in those types of performances for Newcastle through the end of the season, then we should be safe enough from relegation – which is our top priority this season.

moussa sissoko debut aston villa

Moussa Sissoko – in action last night at villa Park

And as we’ve mentioned before,  Alan Pardew is one of Sissoko’s chief admirers and Alan had no hesitation to play him as the attacking central midfielder last night, with Yohan Cabaye playing the defensive role – which is unusual for Yohan – although that didn’t stop the Frenchman scoring another tremendous goal last night – which he created simply out of nothing.

It’s been a great week for Newcastle – following the humiliation of being beaten by Reading a week last Saturday – in our worst result of the season – but that has been followed with maybe our best result in the league this season – with a great 2-1 win over Aston Villa last night – our first away win of the season.

Alan Pardew has come under a lot of pressure for the terrible results of late, and he was naturally delighted with the way things have gone over this last week – with four top French players being signed in four days last week and a monumental away win last night, and this is what he said on nufcTV today:

“I think it’s just been a great few days for us. Derek Llambias and Lee Charnley did well to get the players over the line in time for this game and we played with a fluency in the first half that we’ve not seen for a long while from this team.

“We caused Aston Villa all sorts of problems, controlled the game – and then we conceded perhaps a silly goal just after half-time and we had to show another side – the fight and the grind and the battle that you need in the Premier League at times.

“No wins come easy in this division and we stood up to that. It was a combination of our senior players, our new players and some players that have had to show real application to get this win.”

“Everything that I thought Sissoko might do for this team, he delivered in the first half.” “He ran out of steam in the second half – those French players now know the difference between Ligue 1 and the Premier League.”

“We had to take them all off because the energy was just phenomenal that Aston Villa were showing. Fair play to them, they gave us a real run for our money tonight.” “But we stood firm and Sissoko is a class act, trust me.”

The mood on Tyneside has gone from one of despair and great concern after the Norwich game,  to decidedly upbeat after last night’s terrific win, against a side beneath us in the table.

Now all the lads have to do is put in another 100% all-out performance against Chelsea at St. James’ Park on Saturday – and if we can get something out of that game – then things should remain decidedly upbeat in the Newcastle City center.

Howay The Lads!!

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 us on Google+:

You can also reach Ed at admin@nufcblog.com

=============================================

• Beattie25

Jan 30, 2013 at 4:58 PM

Ibiza

No, I won’t go into exile. I have learnt to stomach abuse for my opinions because I am always proved correct.

Mwaha haha hah ahah ah hah ahah haha haha hah haha hah haha

• Barras

Jan 30, 2013 at 4:59 PM

Liverpool have signed Coutinho. I don’t know a great deal about the player, but he seems to be a very flamboyant player who has great ball control.

Is there any news on incoming players for Newcastle United?

It is my view that we are not genuinely interested in signing Bony, I think his agent is just desperately trying to generate interest from us and maybe other clubs as well.

• bollance

Jan 30, 2013 at 4:59 PM

After last night there wont be many who dont believe that statement

• Mancgeordie

Jan 30, 2013 at 5:00 PM

So lad’s I have missed anything? Any rumours about a striker coming in?

• davybtoon

Jan 30, 2013 at 5:01 PM

can tell you all dummett is getting a new contract

• dubzy

Jan 30, 2013 at 5:04 PM

24 hours from now ive have a date with Jim White……Skysports News transfer dead line day ..#loveit

• Beattie25

Jan 30, 2013 at 5:04 PM

Still think that yesterday showed how much we need another winger.

We had control, quality in possession and scored 2 good goals, but how many chances did we actually create?

I said it yesterday that if we had a decent LW with movement, pace and creativity we’d have scored 3 or 4 in that first half yesterday. We’d have then been far out of sight.

I don’t hate Jonas but I remember seeing the lads in Orlando 2011 and that was the first game I said ‘he looks shot’, and since then I have not seen sustained quality.

When he was playing poor he would still give 110%. But if you give that much effort for 4 solid years your’e going to burn out. He is on the decline, he knows it, we know it, does Pards?

The decent thing should be done, he needs to be retired to stud rather than shot after burning everything he has.

• Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand

Jan 30, 2013 at 5:04 PM

Beattie… Having a bit of arrogance always helps as well 🙂

• bollance

Jan 30, 2013 at 5:04 PM

Beattie

Knowing what we are capable of acheiving in the transfer market would you sell one of our star players? Take for instance Cabaye. There should be a que of clubs lining up to take him. Lets say he is happy here and believes in the project which is probably a fact. We could arguably get £30m for him. Would you sell knowing that we could pick up another Cabaye and other players? That is the gamble..

Looking at this season the answer is probably fairly clear.

• Wandering Geordie

Jan 30, 2013 at 5:06 PM

When Pardeaux keeps referring to crossing over the line .Is he talking about the Nazca lines here in Southern Peru, for which I have I passed over numerous times.Because I have seen no Toon players at all……

Pezella …Oh I have mentioned him again..He has to be our signing in the Summer

• Blaydon-Toon

Jan 30, 2013 at 5:06 PM

So any striker/winger news or are we officially done ?

• davybtoon

Jan 30, 2013 at 5:06 PM

no after this season next year we need to keep our squad together and try really have a go at the league

• Twatter

Jan 30, 2013 at 5:07 PM

From where I was sitting in the away end, Sissoko did indeed look like a classy player. Seemed to have a robustness on and off the ball which we’ve missed in our midfield most recently, yet a touch of finesse in his passing which we saw in his through ball to Cisse.

People using the Yaya Toure comparisons are perhaps a little premature, but I can certainly see that he possesses some of the qualities of him, just now need him to adapt fully to the speed of the game and cement his position.

In the game yesterday he was the much-needed link between a slow midfield and an otherwise isolated Cisse, and I think this link will be crucial in making full use of Cabaye/Anita in more deep-lying roles for the rest of the season. Early days of course, but it seems like another well thought-out bargain engineered by Carr and the rest of the backroom staff.

• ToonDownSouth

Jan 30, 2013 at 5:09 PM

bollance

Noooo. I would actually sell any of them except Cabaye.

• bollance

Jan 30, 2013 at 5:09 PM

If guti the greyhound is to be put down he would be turned into horse feed??

He clearly lacks confidence. There is an argument to suggest the role he plays has diminished his playing career. He came to the club as a box to box winger (is there such a thing). He now operates a DML position which he is not too comfortable playing.

• Carl92

Jan 30, 2013 at 5:10 PM

Anybody agree that Perch was awesome yesterday? He got stuck in and he always times his tackles really well, something Tiote doesn’t do.

• Twatter

Jan 30, 2013 at 5:11 PM

In terms of Gutierrez, despite making it very clear I’m not the biggest fan on numerous occasions on this blog, we’ll have to hope Pardew had planned to play Marveaux but was forced in putting Jonas back in because of the knock he had sustained really late into the course of our pre-match preparations.

If that was the line-up Pardew had fully intended to put onto the pitch without Marveaux’s injury, then I’d be a little worried over what he sees that seemingly no other fan does.

• bollance

Jan 30, 2013 at 5:13 PM

Carl

He took out Weissman several times. He was our enforcer. Good squad player and one i would certainly keep at the club. His passing is also a good attribute. He likes to play direct forward passes which he plays with accuracy.

• keeganjr

Jan 30, 2013 at 5:13 PM

TRUST U??? NO THANX.. NEXT!!!

• Ketsbaia9

Jan 30, 2013 at 5:14 PM

Hoping we’ll be in for Wilfried Bony or Gomis. We can sign Sulejmani, Gomis and Douglas for free in the summer and only pay out to sign Alderweireld and Boudebouz. They’ll cost £11.5m max and then we’ll have the complete squad.

We need to get rid of Gosling, Shola Ameobi, Williamson, Simpson and Tavernier. We’ll get £6m for those players.

• Twatter

Jan 30, 2013 at 5:15 PM

@Carl92

Yeah, Perch was good yesterday. I wouldn’t go as far to say “awesome”, but definitely put a shift in. I think Tiote used to be more willing to put a tackle in and succeeded mostly, but his confidence has suffered as of late and being urged to cut down on sliding tackles/yellow cards has actually made him more prone to not getting the timing right.

As any committed defender will tell you, there is a subtle artistry to slide tackling specifically – I think you need to have the confidence of knowing you won’t pick up a yellow card when you go in to make the challenge, whether or not you actually do.

• bollance

Jan 30, 2013 at 5:15 PM

Twatter

Guti has been dropped previously. It was a while ago but the Stoke game when we just loaned HBA. Jonas was dropped but came back fighting.

There could still be life in the old dog yet!

• Beattie25

Jan 30, 2013 at 5:15 PM

Bollance

Cabaye, certainly not.

I’ve seen in the last 2 games the future captain of NUFC, no value can be put on that.

If I was going to sell I’d sell Colo, Guti and Williamson. I’d bring in a CF, LW and a CB. Then I’d invest in a lot of youth.

We could actually sign a CF, LW and CB for free in the summer. Gomis, Sulamenjani and Douglas.

I’d make Cabaye captain and do everything to keep the other players.

We could seriously challenge with a few additions. No need to sell lots of players and spend lots of money in order to do so.

• wolfshead@toon

Jan 30, 2013 at 5:18 PM

lol beef/jack )

• toonicle

Jan 30, 2013 at 5:18 PM

Sissoko looked great last night, hopefully he will continue to provide great service to Cisse which has been sorely missing.

• Super Magpie

Jan 30, 2013 at 5:18 PM

Twatter
    Is there any news on Marveaux’s injury?
    Yesterday would’ve been a perfect game for him. ( The 1st half anyway).

Everybody knows that Jonas looks exhausted and isn’t half the player he was. I’m not being harsh on Pardew but he has ruined him in my opinion. He should not be starting on his current form. But we only really had Obertan as another winger and he wasn’t in the team yesterday so we didn’t have a choice. I know we had Sammy but I’d rather have Jonas for his work ethic.

• jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew

Jan 30, 2013 at 5:19 PM

Ibiza…you are really moving along quickly 🙂

…I love that show. I am on season 8 episode 5 or something. Just watched on of the best episodes even!

• Super Magpie

Jan 30, 2013 at 5:20 PM

Beattie and Kets are alter egos. 😯

• yo-yo

Jan 30, 2013 at 5:21 PM

Someone’s having fun – from Wiki

Wilfried Guemiand Peter Oliver Geoffery Alexander Fredrick Marcus Daniel Michael George Chi Richard Darren Graham Theodor William John Olofinjana Oneywu Odjida-Ofoe Jeremy Kyle Jerry Springer Trisha Goddard Josef Hitler Savile James Phillip David Amar Bony (born 10 December 1988 in Bingerville) is a professional footballer currently signed to Vitesse.

• Beattie25

Jan 30, 2013 at 5:21 PM

Oh my fcuking god

I’m turning into Kets

• jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew

Jan 30, 2013 at 5:22 PM

Ibiza…” The Gang Gets Analyzed”

…Sweet Dee goes to her Psychiatrist. The Psychiatrist is shocked to learn that Dee brings the whole gang along with her, forcing the Doctor to discuss their problems with each of them.

• OhSholaAmeobi

Jan 30, 2013 at 5:22 PM

Is it just me but does pardew say ‘trust me’ all the f’in time?

• Carl92

Jan 30, 2013 at 5:23 PM

Twatter

Haha fair play maybe ‘Awesome’ was an overstatement. But I think he gets over looked a lot when he breaks up play and distributes the ball well game after game. Good player to have in your midfield. Our midfield seems perfectly balanced with him Cabaye and the big man Sissoko.

• Alan Pas-de-clue

Jan 30, 2013 at 5:25 PM

yo-yo

that may have been me 😉

• donkeypunch

Jan 30, 2013 at 5:26 PM

i feal with the players we have now are formation is going to have to change to a 4 3 3 and as much as i like cisse i feal he is the player that will need to be replaced he is a great goalscorer but doesent offer much after that. Need a player how can hold the ball up and bring others in to play like a lukuta or bony whos got power, pace, strength, ability to finish, great control and good in the air with a ben afa to the right of him and a fast bellamy shane long sort of player to the left of him who going to work the channels and creat assit and pop up with some goals

• AwToonnufc

Jan 30, 2013 at 5:33 PM

I’ve been very happy with our transfer business this window, to really top it off a striker would feel like the team is complete. PEA or bony would be my preference but i’m not expecting any striker so another one would be a bonus.
    I’m more excited for Ben Arfa coming back, Knowing our midfield will consist of Ben Arfa, Sissoko, Cabaye, Marveaux, Anita and Tiote. The balance of creativity and strength in that midfield should make for some exciting football. Ben arfa is also likely to chip in with some goals.

• TorqToon

Jan 30, 2013 at 5:34 PM

Beattie – NEWCASTLE UTD AGREE TERMS ON 5 YEAR DEAL FOR BELHANDA !!!!!

How was that?? Not true but you said I was allowed to lie…!

Has a nice ring to it and is a possibility, albeit a small possibility !

• Ben_BKK

Jan 30, 2013 at 5:45 PM

Anyone else having problems getting on the blog? Every now and then when I try and load a page it comes up with 503 Service Unavailable, and just now it wouldn’t even work at all for a couple of minutes when refreshing.

• Super Magpie

Jan 30, 2013 at 5:46 PM

Our next two games could easily drop us back into the mix. We’ve got a bit of daylight now but with Chelsea and Spurs coming up I think we’ll do well to get more than 1 point out of those two games.
    2 or more points would be a great return.

Demba will probably score on Saturday. Former players always score against us.

• Beattie25

Jan 30, 2013 at 5:49 PM

Torq

If we have followed the lad for as long as the rumors suggest then perhaps if the deal is £8 million we might just sneak in there.

Saying that I highly doubt the chairman would do business with us, but apparently he doesn’t want to sell to a Turkish club.

Stranger things have happened but I won’t hold out much hope.

I’m having issue with the 503