The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!

Three Newcastle Players Included In French Sqaud

4:27 pm, Thursday, January 31st, 2013 by Ed Harrison · 317 Comments

The French  National team manager Didier Deschamps has just named his latest squad to play Germany on February 6th, and it includes three Newcastle players – but in the months ahead we could well see more French players from Newcastle called up for the French squad.

moussa sissoko debut aston villa

Moussa Sissoko included in France squad

The three Newcastle players called up are Yohan Cabaye, his best pal Mathieu Debuchy and midfield powerhouse Moussa Sissoko, but unfortunately there isn’t a place (yet) for Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa – and Ben Arfa is still out injured, although Deschamps probably will never include him in a French squad given their history when both were at Marseilles.

And it’s interesting that in Deschamps’ press conference he had to field questions about Newcastle United from the French reporters.

Here are two questions about Newcastle and Deschamps’ answers today:

Q1 – What do you think of the 21st League 1 club at Newcastle, ‘Chateau Neuf’, with 11 French players there?

“I am not the coach of Newcastle, it can lead to lots of interpretations but why not? What concerns me the most is that the ones wearing the international shirt have lots of playing time on the pitch.”

Q2 – Are you concerned that some of the top players are leaving Ligue 1?

“It is their choice, it is not good to see League 1 lose top players but apart from PSG all French clubs need to sell and English clubs have the money.”  “I am not worried, they are free to choose the county they wish to play in.”

“As long as they have the time on the pitch and are performing. Yes they are taking a risk because of the change of culture and the language but they need to have time on the pitch”.

It’s obvious that Newcastle are becoming very important to the French National team, and we’ll probably see a lot more French reporters at our games from now on. :D

Vive la France.

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 us on Google+:

You can also reach Ed at admin@nufcblog.com

=============================================

Tags: International News · Mathieu Debuchy · Moussa Sissoko · Newcastle News · Yohan Cabaye

317 responses so far ↓

• 1 Wayayman // Jan 31, 2013 at 4:28 PM

Every time I post, I’m the last comment before a new post… lol!

• 2 Dannyo // Jan 31, 2013 at 4:30 PM

One of the questions should’ve been. “Will Ben Arfa ever get into your squad?”

• 3 Wayayman // Jan 31, 2013 at 4:31 PM

BTW, I think Deschamps is a dick. Considering he actually played here himself why does he not seem a little more positive, like focussing on the fact that the French lads will improve by playing in one of the best leagues in the world, against some excellent opposition.

• 4 monasnyr99 // Jan 31, 2013 at 4:37 PM

Just my opinion Torque, dont trust any ITK’s after being sucked in myself. Usually they are from rival teams looking for attention and take great pleasure revealing themselves shortly after the window is closed…maybe you are different ;-)

• 5 Ben_BKK // Jan 31, 2013 at 4:39 PM

@ Unbelievable Tekkers – I only briefly played a bit of FM13 just to see what it was like, but then went back to my FM11 game where I’m in 2028 lol. Moussa Sissoko went to Valencia on my FM11 game for something like £20m and was nominated for the Ballon d’Or and World Player of the Year basically every year until he was about 33.

• 6 BigKirky // Jan 31, 2013 at 4:39 PM

It could make all the players far better players by playing in our league as well.

Ben Arfa has adopted a good work ethic and tracking back has improved dramatically in his time here. Similar attributes could evolve with the other players.

• 7 TurkishFan101 // Jan 31, 2013 at 4:40 PM

@Ben_BKK I tried getting Mbiwa they wanted £25m, scouted some very good potential players worth £9k they want £16m lol. I sacked most of our staff because the players kept on getting injured and John Carver recommended me to play long hoof ball hes gone as well.

• 8 veto // Jan 31, 2013 at 4:40 PM

time to move onto the german league and do the same with that one

• 9 peasngravy // Jan 31, 2013 at 4:42 PM

Any news from France,
    Torq

• 10 Jail for Ashley // Jan 31, 2013 at 4:43 PM

Peas,
    Beckham signed a five month deal with PSG.

• 11 John Tudor // Jan 31, 2013 at 4:44 PM

so thats it no more buisness it will be uphill struggle you watch well thats my opinion

• 12 TorqToon // Jan 31, 2013 at 4:45 PM

Monasyr – I’m no ITK my friend. Not even close.

• 13 MacToon // Jan 31, 2013 at 4:45 PM

J4A, 5 months lol, by that time he might be able to say goodbye in French too!

• 14 Unbelievable Tekkers // Jan 31, 2013 at 4:46 PM

Ben – 2028 lol that’s commitment…i usually get bored after a few seasons and give up. I’m looking forward to Fifa 14 when the clowns at EA realise that Sissoko is better than a 75. Cabaye’s rating needs to go up a bit as well.

• 15 peasngravy // Jan 31, 2013 at 4:47 PM

Lol JFA I meant regarding the Toon eg Pea?

• 16 ONLINE GUY // Jan 31, 2013 at 4:48 PM

Torq

There’s a few messages for you you might have missed on previous page ,,near comment #279 or so give or take. Cheers mate.

• 17 monasnyr99 // Jan 31, 2013 at 4:49 PM

Fair enough, too may reports saying we are done in the window.

• 18 Ben_BKK // Jan 31, 2013 at 4:49 PM

Ha yeah you always have to do a staff clear out when you join as most of them are rubbish.

I hate how such low-value players have such high asking prices. It definitely seems like the game makes you pay a lot more for players than computer-controlled teams do, which is annoying.

• 19 lewytoon // Jan 31, 2013 at 4:49 PM

I don’t think we’ll sign anyone else now

• 20 Tsunki // Jan 31, 2013 at 4:50 PM

Soooooo…hmmm..welllll………

(coughs )

So then…….. (coughs again).

• 21 geordiefromthemidlands // Jan 31, 2013 at 4:51 PM

Looks like we are done lads. I’m happy great window and only Ba out of the purples. Mf has plenty of goals hba, sissoko, cabaye, marveux,
    Gouffran will surprise us and maybe campbell will be the pacey st we need.
    Optimism. .

• 22 Ben_BKK // Jan 31, 2013 at 4:52 PM

@UT – I’m surprised I’m not bored now lol I’ve won the league every year since about 2013, won the Champs League like 10 years in a row, etc. Had Newcastle build a new 78k capacity stadium which they named after me :D I’ve been trying to get a son, which can happen, but no luck yet. But yeah I’m just waiting for the update to FM13 to start on that.

Is Sissoko seriously only 75 on FIFA?? They seriously underrate a lot of players apart from the ‘big’/famous players, or ones that play in England. It’s annoying.

• 23 Jail for Ashley // Jan 31, 2013 at 4:52 PM

Lois Saha just been released, worth a free on pay as you play till the end of the season.

• 24 TorqToon // Jan 31, 2013 at 4:53 PM

Yeah saw something mate. What’s up?

• 25 John Tudor // Jan 31, 2013 at 4:53 PM

doom and gloom a crappy villa side and lucky win does not constitute a revival but i will keep my powder dry till may

• 26 Dannyo // Jan 31, 2013 at 4:54 PM

@Jail
    Saha is no better than Shola mate, no point.

• 27 toonarmydownsouth // Jan 31, 2013 at 4:54 PM

Unbelievable tekkers
    Mate Fifa hate us! They always underate our players, i remember a couple back enrique n carroll were rated at like 73 and 70 until they signed for the bindippers then they were both in the 80′s!!

• 28 MacToon // Jan 31, 2013 at 4:54 PM

We’ve been told no more signings and on the whole it’s been a great window for us but Ba’s going to be a big miss imo and hasn’t really been replaced. It’s a gamble but if the right player wasn’t available then fair enough.

Cisse will hopefully continue to score lots and Gouffron will contibute too and I can see more goals from mf aswell.
    If we rely on Shola then we’ll be stuffed.
    Considering we’re still in Europe I’d have expected another forward in tbh.

• 29 ONLINE GUY // Jan 31, 2013 at 4:56 PM

Think Redknapp, after moaning about QPR paying over the odds for players ..Is now doing the same thing ! what a hippo ..He sent Portsmouth down the road to bankruptcy

Look ‘s like QPR are his next project.

He’s a Newcastle Hater you know .and I have proof of that.

• 30 Unbelievable Tekkers // Jan 31, 2013 at 4:56 PM

Ben – lol that made me laugh waiting for a son. Yeah Fifa does some stupid ratings at times. They have sissoko at 75 cabaye at 81 and M’vila at 82? They also have Messi at 96 and Ronaldo at only 93. I think Messi is better but not by that much.

• 31 Ben_BKK // Jan 31, 2013 at 4:56 PM

TADS – yeah we’re always underrated, whereas players at the big clubs are always rated really highly. It’s only the most recent FIFA where our players are starting to get recognition, Cabaye, HBA, Cisse and Ba were all in 80s iirc, I think Colo is too.

• 32 Jail for Ashley // Jan 31, 2013 at 4:57 PM

As much as I wouldn’t have minded Danny Graham for a stop gap is he really any better than Leon Best, so to have sold one second rate striker for 3M to buy another for 5, wouldn’t have made much sense.

• 33 Ben_BKK // Jan 31, 2013 at 4:58 PM

UT – it’s possible mate, after like 15 or so seasons there’s a chance you get a son that turns up in your youth team when you announce the new intake, he has the same last name as you (not as obvious if you have a common name lol) and has you as favoured personnel. It’s the last achievement I need on FM :D

• 34 JAMSHA // Jan 31, 2013 at 4:58 PM

Ben_BKK

2nd season.with.sissko.on.fifa 13 nw his 83 :-P hope to get on.to 90… 2nd season n.close to 2nd epl.trophy

• 35 TorqToon // Jan 31, 2013 at 4:59 PM

Jail – Id rather have kept Besty to be honest. Always have his all. But in fairness to the lad – he wanted more game time so had to move on.

• 36 Jail for Ashley // Jan 31, 2013 at 4:59 PM

BKK,
    Dont Sony or Xbox have a specialised blog to share your thoughts.

• 37 BelfastMagpie // Jan 31, 2013 at 5:00 PM

Nice speech Mactoon. Preparing that one for a while were we ?

• 38 ONLINE GUY // Jan 31, 2013 at 5:00 PM

Why does Redknapp keep on commenting on our player’s ?

He tried to disrupt our dressing room ,,so to speak,,on Monday ..with his comment’s What a nasty sly individual he is .

• 39 Dannyo // Jan 31, 2013 at 5:02 PM

Carroll evidently wasn’t replaced by Ba the summer he came in. Which player was the better one again?
    Let’s not say “Ba hasn’t been replaced”, until we can actually see the product of it?

• 40 Ben_BKK // Jan 31, 2013 at 5:02 PM

Jail – I didn’t realise you were back :P No one else was talking about much, and there’s not exactly any signings coming in.

• 41 Dannyo // Jan 31, 2013 at 5:04 PM

@Unbelievable Tekkers

EA recently updated FIFA just a couple of days ago, no update in any stats? Just player transfers?

• 42 Jail for Ashley // Jan 31, 2013 at 5:05 PM

Torq,
    This is why I’m never quite happy with the regime, I was so happy when Best went only for the reason that I thought an upgrade was being brought in now we have shipped three strikers, one of them a leading Prem striker and brought one in, not going to let it overshadow an excellent window but its just quite baffling, unless of course we’re going to see a lot of Adam Campbell.

• 43 BelfastMagpie // Jan 31, 2013 at 5:05 PM

Good choice for that lad Butland. He turned down chelsea to go there. Nice to see they’re not all motivated by money.

• 44 toonarmydownsouth // Jan 31, 2013 at 5:06 PM

Dannyo
    Fair point buy we still havent replaced best or lovinghands either so were still down a CF lets face it we only gave 2 with a proven record of scoring cisse and goofy

• 45 MacToon // Jan 31, 2013 at 5:07 PM

lol, not really Bellyfast ;-) see your film was on bbc again the other night.

• 46 Dannyo // Jan 31, 2013 at 5:07 PM

@MacToon
    AP have been on about Campbell getting more shots now towards the end of the season. Hopefully he’ll hit the ground running and add to the goal tally?
    May be too much to expect ofc, but you never know. The kids got talent coming out his arse.

• 47 Beattie25 // Jan 31, 2013 at 5:07 PM

Hoilett apparently may be used in an exchange offer for Odemwingie.

I know he’s been turd for QPR but I’d still take him.

• 48 ONLINE GUY // Jan 31, 2013 at 5:08 PM

Torq

Your Info has been so accurate this window maybe folk’s watching, that write for a living ! looking for scoop’s etc … In fact betting on transfer’s on your info ! Throw the odd Red Herring out see if it makes the Sun !

• 49 Dannyo // Jan 31, 2013 at 5:11 PM

@tads
    I’m not arguing the points that we don’t need another striker, but I’m arguing these two things.

- Ba has not been replaced.
    - MA hasn’t bought a striker this window and does therefor not have a clue and is a complete idiot.

I just wanted to specify that.
    We don’t need another striker imo, we need one better than Shola. I think that’s what people really mean. 3 strikers when you only play 1 up top is enough imo.

• 50 MacToon // Jan 31, 2013 at 5:12 PM

Dannyo, I just fear losing Cisse to an injury, we have some cover yes but mainly it’s unproved and would put alot of unwarented pressure on Gouffron.

• 51 hotdog // Jan 31, 2013 at 5:12 PM

Beattie – Hoilett had his chance, went for money and it looks like it has gone to head he has been awful for QPR

I see Floppy Chops/candle Face has gone for Samba. That was the lad i wanted in, i think he will make a massive difference to QPR

• 52 Foxworth // Jan 31, 2013 at 5:13 PM

#NUFC have confirmed the signing of Swiss teenager Kevin Mbabu from Servette on a three-and-a-half year deal.

• 53 Foxworth // Jan 31, 2013 at 5:13 PM

From SSN

• 54 ONLINE GUY // Jan 31, 2013 at 5:13 PM

toonarmydownsouth

Looks like We Just Signed Andy Carroll Back According to newsnow Waddya think ?

Justajoke Tads !

• 55 Foxworth // Jan 31, 2013 at 5:14 PM

• 56 Scottishmag1 // Jan 31, 2013 at 5:15 PM

that Tit wilkins on SSN hate the guy

• 57 BelfastMagpie // Jan 31, 2013 at 5:16 PM

Yeah Mactoon seen it in the tv book. lol

We haven’t replaced Ba like. If Cisse gets injured, Shola will play. Gouffran will be 3rd in line, in my opinion. We’ve got rid of 3 strikers in six months, and brought in one Striker/winger to replace them.

Poor business on the striker front, but the rest has been good business.

• 58 Beattie25 // Jan 31, 2013 at 5:16 PM

Dannyo

We need a player who can change the game and offer us options going forward.

A LW/SS was vital for me. A creative influence who can blitz opponents and move up front to offer a something different.

Not every game we can play 1 CF.

We have nothing other than Shola coming off the bench when we need to change the game. If that isn’t inviting relegation I don’t know what is.

If we need to change the game against Southampton, Wigan, QPR etc… who do we turn to?

• 59 Rotonda heights // Jan 31, 2013 at 5:17 PM

I hope we are going to see a lot of Campbell. It’s chicken and egg. How will he ever get experience if he’s not played?

• 60 MacToon // Jan 31, 2013 at 5:18 PM

No Afcon today :-( or is it on later?

Wilkins ain’t half as bad as floppy chops.

• 61 Jail for Ashley // Jan 31, 2013 at 5:18 PM

BKK,
    Doesnt look like it, hopefully Goufran settles in quick, Cisse stays fit and we see more of Adam Campbell.

• 62 Scottishmag1 // Jan 31, 2013 at 5:19 PM

MacToon

He is a close second!!

• 63 BelfastMagpie // Jan 31, 2013 at 5:19 PM

Goufrann would be the second striker, if it was up to me. Pardew will play Shola instead but.

• 64 toon smart // Jan 31, 2013 at 5:20 PM

@ Beattie 25

I certainly agree with you regarding a LW/SS.
    Considering FC twente was willing to sell Fer maybe they will sell Nacer Chadli for the about the same price – £8 million

• 65 Pardews Parsnip Bonce // Jan 31, 2013 at 5:20 PM

again isn’t gouffran a striker who has a recent record of a just over two games per goal. im not saying he’s ba’s replacement. we could still do with another striker but for now pardew has cisse, gouffran and shola (who he clearly rates) as his first 3 choices and as 4th and 5th choice (backup that’s unlikely to be used). im sure pardew won’t be 100% happy with this and wants another front man but sees his choices as adequate until summer.

• 66 Ben_BKK // Jan 31, 2013 at 5:22 PM

I was hoping Campbell might go out on loan tbh, he’s at that age where he could do with some competitive experience rather than just playing in the U21s and occasionally being in the matchday squad. I reckon with Shola and Gouffran as well as Cisse now we should be alright up front, at least until the end of the season. I know we need better than Shola in the long run but it’s not going to happen this window and probably not next either!

• 67 psutty80 // Jan 31, 2013 at 5:22 PM

Mbuba has signed on a 3 and half deal, confirmed

• 68 MacToon // Jan 31, 2013 at 5:23 PM

If we get/have got another striker in then i’d have thought we’d have given EL a good go but I think it’s prem survival obviously first priority and probably settling in time for our new players as second.

Aye, watched it again Belfast, crackin’ film.

• 69 Pardews Parsnip Bonce // Jan 31, 2013 at 5:24 PM

@rotonda but he lacks the experience to be played in a relegation battle….
    i see what you mean lol

• 70 Scottishmag1 // Jan 31, 2013 at 5:24 PM

Just a thought and off base

Try Marveaux off Cisse, another Walcott in the making? clearly we are not getting another striker until summer, so another option?

• 71 toonarmydownsouth // Jan 31, 2013 at 5:24 PM

Dannyo
    Aye we need a shola upgrade! Would take that gudietti on loan!
    Think we need someone who can play LW still a weak spot in our starting 11

• 72 jammylambo // Jan 31, 2013 at 5:24 PM

mbabu confirmed

• 73 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Jan 31, 2013 at 5:25 PM

Thanks guys for all your suggestions on TV-shows!

…time to IMDB them all ;)

*by the way I do watch British and Danish shows as well (they are not all American) lol

• 74 Beattie25 // Jan 31, 2013 at 5:26 PM

Problem is is that Ashley thinks he has done enough to wait until the Summer before signing the player we need.

We might not have that option in the Summer, we could be down.

These are the fine lines of football.

After Chelsea and Spurs we have Southampton, Swansea, Stoke and Wigan. If we are to stay up we need to win 3-4 of the next 6.

We will be biting our fingernails hoping that Cisse doesn’t get injured.

I think Goofy will do good but that’s it.

Big, big risk. I think it’s an even bigger risk than selling Carroll or even not signing a CB last Jan.

• 75 toonarmydownsouth // Jan 31, 2013 at 5:27 PM

Online guy
    Steady mate i font think i could take that today!!!

• 76 hotdog // Jan 31, 2013 at 5:29 PM

MACTOON – What film?

I think Gouffran is really gonna light us up, our secret weapon, I like the look of the lad

• 77 croftus5678 // Jan 31, 2013 at 5:29 PM

erm….who do we support in the world cup now ?

• 78 Ben_BKK // Jan 31, 2013 at 5:29 PM

jesper – do you watch/have you heard of Suits? Awesome show!

• 79 Unbelievable Tekkers // Jan 31, 2013 at 5:31 PM

Dannyo – No mate they just do transfers. If im correct stats do slightly differ from career mode to FUT for some reason as well.

JAMSHA – What difficulty is that on?

• 80 MacToon // Jan 31, 2013 at 5:31 PM

hotdog, it was a film recommended ages ago by Belfast called Fifty Dead Men walking.

• 81 Rotonda heights // Jan 31, 2013 at 5:32 PM

Redknapp is going all in, but what else is he meant to do? Just meekly get relegated with the likes of Clint Hill and Shaun Derry! QPR going down is by no means a certainty now they’ve cut the gap to 4 points. It’s a huge gamble but missing out on the TV money would be worse.

Sage

You had a good idea about getting some continental / foreign coaches in alongside our existing ones to try and teach them some technical skills. Ginola and Solano would be ideal.

• 82 ONLINE GUY // Jan 31, 2013 at 5:32 PM

Just watching Sky sports ..Seems like really pathetic childish style of reporting ..like a frenzy on the News when we get a bit of Snow or the odd flood …The Girl reporting from Norwich City was acting like a market trader ..it’s all crass to watch …Had to turn it off ..was getting sucked in .

• 83 ONLINE GUY // Jan 31, 2013 at 5:34 PM

TADS…..I was trying to get you biting last week when I mentioned Carroll …..I know how much you want him back at Le Toon….

• 84 Scottishmag1 // Jan 31, 2013 at 5:34 PM

ONLINE GUY

Stories with little or no substance……looks like a boring finally for that w—k–r Jim Shite

• 85 Dannyo // Jan 31, 2013 at 5:35 PM

@Beattie25
    No ofc, but I can’t see Gouffran starting every game, if he’s there to take up the winger spot, he’ll have Marveux and HBA to beat firstly, then Jonas(I know, but AP will have it that way).
    I do see your point though.
    But we’ll get goals from more areas on the pitch aswell.
    It’s 14 games, we’ll manage imo.

• 86 beefman13 // Jan 31, 2013 at 5:36 PM

Adam Campbell, if not sent out on loan should at the very least be used in the europa for starters, thing is wor shola as usual will be first choice for that, he wont put Campbell in before shola, AP gets on my tits most of the time i know what to expect, if he was on deal or no deal he would be the first to go at the first offer.

• 87 hotdog // Jan 31, 2013 at 5:39 PM

Mactoon – Aye seen it good film, based on a true story aswell. Law Abiding Citizen is a good watch if you aint seen it and American Gangster, fairly old but a couple of my favs.

• 88 ONLINE GUY // Jan 31, 2013 at 5:40 PM

Sunderbland V Swansea ..And the Mackem fans are singing Geordie Scum, Geordie F’ing scum when
    Danny Graham come’s on as Sub. BOOing him every time he touched the ball.. the whole game, and telling him to F**k off whole game !

And he has just signed for them !. There may be trouble ahead ……

• 89 89Norcal // Jan 31, 2013 at 5:41 PM

I would be a shame if we didn’t sign a winger like Lens before midnight, but at this point we have plenty of quality to stay up and when Hatem comes back we’ll be set.

From there we’ll just have to rebuild during the break. You heard is straight from Llambias’ mouth earlier; we didn’t invest heavily enough last summer. That should wake up the board for good.

• 90 Rotonda heights // Jan 31, 2013 at 5:42 PM

When all available

Krul

Debuchy Colo / M’Biwa Saylor Santon

Anita / Tiote Cabaye Sissoko

Benny Cisse Goufran / Marveaux

• 91 yo-yo // Jan 31, 2013 at 5:43 PM

No fan of Beckham but if he’s donating 6mts pay from PSG to a kid’s charity in Paris – it shows he ain’t all greed

• 92 John Tudor // Jan 31, 2013 at 5:43 PM

we are not safe and you cant have more than enough

• 93 89Norcal // Jan 31, 2013 at 5:45 PM

Did Danny Graham just call Sunderland a massive club?

• 94 Tsunki // Jan 31, 2013 at 5:46 PM

Mbabu, Mbiwa. We need more M’s in that back line. Mwilliamson aint good enough.

• 95 Dannyo // Jan 31, 2013 at 5:46 PM

@tads
    If only we did loan deals mate. Nope, we’ll make due to the rest of the season, we’re past half way there.
    All that matters is survival, we’ll manage that without an additional striker imo.

• 96 ONLINE GUY // Jan 31, 2013 at 5:47 PM

Aye Scottish..

Sky sports Seems crass at time’s ..Like right now.

• 97 Tsunki // Jan 31, 2013 at 5:47 PM

‘There was only one choice’ ha ha he forgot to add ‘left’. Wait for the claims he turned us down to go there. Thats if he scores a couple of goals.

• 98 hotdog // Jan 31, 2013 at 5:49 PM

Good lad chops

• 99 Tsunki // Jan 31, 2013 at 5:50 PM

I wonder if Pards has reflected on the assist rate, which as it stands is…

(fingers tap on calculator….carry the one…times itself…)

..zero. Maybe he wants to play the diamond with AM’s as the way to unlock defenses and get the passing back into our game (from the 90′s)?

• 100 yo-yo // Jan 31, 2013 at 5:50 PM

Beattie / Norcal

tbh I think we can manage fine till the end of the season as it is looking unlikely we’re going to get any of our targets now.

All is not lost as we can play Cisse no9 and any of Gouffy, Marv, HBA, Obertan, either side and/or Sissoko, Cabs, Gouffy, HBA in the hole. Looks more like a 4-4-2 with a withdrawn ST is going to feature as often as a 4-3-3, depending on the opposition.
    That’s before we even consider Strolla or Guti.

• 101 yo-yo // Jan 31, 2013 at 5:51 PM

On reflection Saha on a pay to pay deal looks good as another option

• 102 croftus5678 // Jan 31, 2013 at 5:54 PM

mbubu is a cb and he’s signed now

• 103 Beattie25 // Jan 31, 2013 at 5:55 PM

The best way forward for me is a 4-3-2-1.

I cannot see Guti offering much in the future so lacking a LW we need to play Anita, Cabaye, Sissoko, Marveaux and Ben Arfa. That should be more than enough to keep us up and Debuchy/Santon offering us width.

My problem is Pardew. If we signed a LW i’d have faith in Pards to get it right. Without I think Jonas will be chosen and Pards will not be creative/brave.

Hope I’m proven wrong.

• 104 Tsunki // Jan 31, 2013 at 5:55 PM

Croftus – is that prince mbubu from Aladdin?

• 105 croftus5678 // Jan 31, 2013 at 5:56 PM

so cb wise if they go out on loan and get good experiance we have good/streete/mbabu now :-)

signed for 170k

• 106 ONLINE GUY // Jan 31, 2013 at 5:57 PM

David Beckham

Signing for PSG is just a publicity stunt ,,this is all driven by Satch’ & Satchi..designed to keep his name up there …and on the celebrity A-list..Each week there is a report on Beckham signing for this club or that club , training with other club’s here and there ..you might notice it’s always a glamour club he’s training with ? never Crewe or Norwich… Its all driven by S&S ..Beckham was finished as a Footballer 3 years ago . NO Prem club will touch him . You might have noticed his name in the press and most Football site’s one visits, every week there’s something..One big Publicity stunt. He’s finished and he’s Shite. He’s not a Footballer now ..just a celeb..S&S are probably paying PSG to create a fuss.. and the press conference was a farce. all one big Beckham Show ..Giving his wages to Charity ,, Think I’m gonna be sick UHGHHHHHHH !

• 107 croftus5678 // Jan 31, 2013 at 5:58 PM

confirmation

• 108 psutty80 // Jan 31, 2013 at 5:58 PM

Any news on siem de Jong???

• 109 TorqToon // Jan 31, 2013 at 6:00 PM

Online – Really??? People do that? Refer to blogs etc??

• 110 John Tudor // Jan 31, 2013 at 6:00 PM

i still feel it could be a waste of what looks a good winter window not to get another striker in imho they cant rely on shola and one bad injury could be telling

• 111 ONLINE GUY // Jan 31, 2013 at 6:02 PM

Tsunki

Was wondering how you were getting on with your Math’s

• 112 yo-yo // Jan 31, 2013 at 6:02 PM

Online

Agree on goldenaballs but there’s no sich thing as bad publicity and he is a ‘BRAND’ and I don’t mean Jo Brand.
    Despite that – the kids charity will do okay so it’s an ill wind

• 113 Beattie25 // Jan 31, 2013 at 6:04 PM

If we were 12th in the table and 10 points of relegation then I’d be happy with no FWD player.

We are 15th and 4pts from relegation.

1 or 2 losses and we are in a perilous position.

• 114 JAMSHA // Jan 31, 2013 at 6:04 PM

Unbelievable Tekkers

Professional mate… will start world class mod from.nxt week :-)

• 115 John Tudor // Jan 31, 2013 at 6:05 PM

hold on i will consult my fifa 12

• 116 proudtobageordie // Jan 31, 2013 at 6:06 PM

anyone going to kharkiv with the club through thomas cook sport

• 117 ONLINE GUY // Jan 31, 2013 at 6:06 PM

YO YO ,

Yeah, but Beckham Boosting his Image
    (All Important Image) On the back of kids Charity … Why mention that you are giving your wages to a kids charity if your going to do it anyway ..

• 118 croftus5678 // Jan 31, 2013 at 6:07 PM

no worries on a striker now as i’ve figured it out ^^
    gosling and amalfitano will convert to strikers from now on and will be worth 35mil by the end of the season then we will sell them to liverpuds :-) sorted

• 119 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Jan 31, 2013 at 6:08 PM

Ben…that show have been recommended to me before!

…probably have to take a look at it now :-D

• 120 John Tudor // Jan 31, 2013 at 6:08 PM

hoho must be on thirty bob a week plus horrendous tax well done brand beckham

• 121 Novocastrian66 // Jan 31, 2013 at 6:09 PM

Beattie, we will be down among the dead men for most of the remainder of the season. I’m now sure we will stop up, but we will be hovering around the relegation places until the last couple of games. Endeavour and courage will be needed as will as skill to stay up.

• 122 ONLINE GUY // Jan 31, 2013 at 6:09 PM

Scuse me guy’s, I’m just agitating this evening. Provoking.

• 123 89Norcal // Jan 31, 2013 at 6:09 PM

yo-yo
    Yeah we got some bodies to fill in there when healthy, just hope Pardew doesn’t bank on Shola though. He really can’t do much for us since putting him behind Cisse = hoofing it and he can’t do much as a winger.

• 124 John Tudor // Jan 31, 2013 at 6:10 PM

he could always hold the crossbar if post snaps

• 125 check the toastie // Jan 31, 2013 at 6:10 PM

I also do a lot of work for charity but dont like to talk about it.

• 126 check the toastie // Jan 31, 2013 at 6:12 PM

Im hoping Pardope rest his pals Jonas and Shola at the weekend, it would be nice to have a break from the same shite i have had to endure over the last 18 months and 12 years respectively. :(

• 127 croftus5678 // Jan 31, 2013 at 6:12 PM

shola is better suited to cb now as he does some great clearances when he’s not glued to the spot.

• 128 croftus5678 // Jan 31, 2013 at 6:13 PM

i’m thinking shola has looked really poor after being pulled form the nigeria team so maybe he does not want to play for us now.

• 129 shearerclass09 // Jan 31, 2013 at 6:14 PM

did you say beckham is giving away his first 6 month wages to a children charitie ?? hes only signed a 5 month deal haha

• 130 toonarmydownsouth // Jan 31, 2013 at 6:16 PM

Torq
    All quiwt on the belhanda front?

• 131 John Tudor // Jan 31, 2013 at 6:17 PM

re ashley leaving by helicopter is he off to lidl for some beans

• 132 yo-yo // Jan 31, 2013 at 6:18 PM

Online

For sure its PUBLICITY – def only a matter of time before he gets a bit part in some Hollywood B Movie.
    Yeh he was washed up as a footballer three years ago but he still has to sell his underpants.

• 133 ONLINE GUY // Jan 31, 2013 at 6:20 PM

Beckham’s wife is now calling herself a fashion designer now ..”Dwavid can we move to Pawis. I want to be a fwashion designer ” Yef Victowia.. I will pwetend Im a Fwootballer again ..When Can We Gwo there Dwavid ?
    twenty eleventeen VWictoria..

The Beckhams are not living in the real world man ..!

• 134 Ketsbaia9 // Jan 31, 2013 at 6:21 PM

Looks like Fulham’s in for Bafetimbi Gomis. We need him at the moment. Would cost around £5m.

• 135 JackButler // Jan 31, 2013 at 6:21 PM

Evening lads, any news on anyone coming in or are we done for this window??????

• 136 Mister Tuff // Jan 31, 2013 at 6:21 PM

Percy Panais does intend to play Shola in many of the remaining games as a target man. I find this a strange decision until I found out how Percy was going to pull this off; Check out the following link:-

• 137 John Tudor // Jan 31, 2013 at 6:22 PM

looks everso likely we are kaylied

• 138 Novocastrian66 // Jan 31, 2013 at 6:23 PM

Croftus, he has always being shit with flashes of brilliance.

• 139 Ketsbaia9 // Jan 31, 2013 at 6:24 PM

Spurs are really short up front. Defoe is their only striker. Looks like we’ll be playing 4-5-1 for the rest of the season. Hope Marveaux is in the starting line up on Saturday.

• 140 Lu-toon // Jan 31, 2013 at 6:24 PM

How orchestrated was Danny Graham interview on sky. ‘ I have joined a massive club, and to be then asked with your home Town club showing an interest it must have been a tough decision to make? No, once I spoke to Oneil there was only one place I was going!
    Didn’t know we were showing an interest! Sky sports are twats.
    And as for Harry half chewed toffe face Redknap licking his chairmans arse, just so he can fleece another club, such a predictable twat. God I hope they go down

• 141 Spuggy // Jan 31, 2013 at 6:25 PM

We are done this window for first team 100% DL said do.

• 142 John Tudor // Jan 31, 2013 at 6:25 PM

down with a bang

• 143 ONLINE GUY // Jan 31, 2013 at 6:27 PM

YoYO

I can see Beckham as the next James Bond ..No Acting
    talent required.

• 144 JackButler // Jan 31, 2013 at 6:28 PM

Spuggy

And you believe DL do you :D

• 145 Spuggy // Jan 31, 2013 at 6:28 PM

JB

this is one of the rare time I do haha

• 146 geordiefromthemidlands // Jan 31, 2013 at 6:28 PM

Photos from todays training session lads with mbabu

• 147 Ketsbaia9 // Jan 31, 2013 at 6:28 PM

Krul

Debuchy Mbiwa Coloccini Santon

Anita

Ben Arfa Sissoko Cabaye Marveaux

Cisse

• 148 JackButler // Jan 31, 2013 at 6:29 PM

Beckham isn’t a footballer, he’s a brand, he’ll be used as a commodity until people stop buying shirts with his name on

• 149 Ketsbaia9 // Jan 31, 2013 at 6:30 PM

Team for sat:

Krul

Debuchy Mbiwa Coloccini Santon

Anita Sissoko Cabaye Marveaux

Cisse Gouffran

• 150 John Tudor // Jan 31, 2013 at 6:31 PM

Krul

Debuchy Mbiwa Coloccini Santon

Ben Arfa Sissoko Cabaye Marveaux

Cisse Saylor

• 151 numba9 // Jan 31, 2013 at 6:31 PM

WE MUST SIGN A STRIKER , DEMBA LEFT, BEST AND MCLOVEN LEFT IN SUMMER, WE ARE SO WEAK AND WE ALL KNOW WHAT HAPPENS IN THE EVENT OF INJURIES WITH NO COVER, YES WE SLIDE DOWN THE TABLE. TUT TUT I THOUGHT LESSONS WERE LEARNT BUT OBVIOUSLY NOT AND PEOPLE HAVE JUST JUMPED ON THE BANDWAGON OF EXCITEMENT WITH THIS MONTHS DEALING, BUT WE ARE WEAKER UP TOP THAN THE START OF JAN, FACT!

• 152 Ketsbaia9 // Jan 31, 2013 at 6:31 PM

Beckham’s the best right winger of all time.

• 153 northernirishtoon // Jan 31, 2013 at 6:33 PM

Can’t see him dropping saylor kets.

And a team without jonas in it? Don’t think so

• 154 numba9 // Jan 31, 2013 at 6:34 PM

BECKHAM NOWHERE NEAR THE BEST WINGER OF ALL TIME, HOW OLD ARE YOU? BECKS CANNOT EVEN BEAT A MAN WITH ANY PACE ORSKILL JUST A SET PIECE SPECIALIST THATS ALL

• 155 MacToon // Jan 31, 2013 at 6:34 PM

I’m not so down on Beckham to be honest, considering he was public enemy no.1 at one time after his sending off for England he’s turned his career around and done alright. Ofc it’s a publicity stunt at PSG but so what in, he’s doing some good.

• 156 Ketsbaia9 // Jan 31, 2013 at 6:35 PM

We can’t afford to let Xisco go. He is our 3rd best striker at the club.

• 157 Ketsbaia9 // Jan 31, 2013 at 6:36 PM

Did you see him hugging Gutierrez after the game?

• 158 JackButler // Jan 31, 2013 at 6:37 PM

Kets

First of all, Pardew will not drop Saylor.
    Secondly, Marveuax is out for three weeks.
    Thirdly, Anita will not play wide right.
    Fourthly, Jonas will start.
    And Finally we will not play 4-4-2

Other than that you are spot on with your team for Saturday :D

• 159 papattack // Jan 31, 2013 at 6:38 PM

numba9

we have three strikers, its not ideal but not something to panic about.

• 160 John Tudor // Jan 31, 2013 at 6:38 PM

we are all being duped the man is gambling again

• 161 ONLINE GUY // Jan 31, 2013 at 6:38 PM

Ket’s There have been many great winger’s and Beckham is not one of them ..Check out Marc Overmars ..Think He was a winger …… Then watch Beckham…Joke.

• 162 JackButler // Jan 31, 2013 at 6:39 PM

numba9

I think your caps lock is stuck mate;)

• 163 John Tudor // Jan 31, 2013 at 6:39 PM

stuart barraclough terry hibbert were better than beckham

• 164 numba9 // Jan 31, 2013 at 6:40 PM

I THINK SOME PEOPLES MENTAL BLOCK IS STUCK MORE ;-)

• 165 toonarmydownsouth // Jan 31, 2013 at 6:40 PM

JB
    After bringing in a much needed CB for £7 odd million to shore up our very leaky defence, which taylor has been part of until injury, why would he not play him? Makes no sense

• 166 ToonDownSouth // Jan 31, 2013 at 6:41 PM

Zero chance of Pardew fielding a team with no Englishmen in it. No chance!

• 167 boater // Jan 31, 2013 at 6:42 PM

Kets – big fan of your work. Without doubt, the Pablo Picasso of this blog.

• 168 geordiefromthemidlands // Jan 31, 2013 at 6:43 PM

Marveux trained today so don’t think its 3wks anymore. Looks like the blig msy implode with no st, even though llambias said we were done. Oh dear

• 169 geordiefromthemidlands // Jan 31, 2013 at 6:43 PM

Whoops that’s blog and might. Damn phone

• 170 JackButler // Jan 31, 2013 at 6:44 PM

tads

Saylor will play unless he’s injured again, M’Biwa will have to force himself into the side now as we have our two first choice center half’s fit an available. The reason we signed M’Biwa is simply because colo will be off come the summer and Saylor will inevitably end up on the treatment table sooner or later and we’d be left with Willo and Perch together which no one wants

• 171 toonarmydownsouth // Jan 31, 2013 at 6:44 PM

TDS
    Wheres the point in signing mbiwa then?

• 172 ToonDownSouth // Jan 31, 2013 at 6:45 PM

tads

Eh? :|

• 173 John Tudor // Jan 31, 2013 at 6:46 PM

and striker wise who can do a job cisse out with goofy too ,rely on what

• 174 Ketsbaia9 // Jan 31, 2013 at 6:47 PM

I’m a big fan of Beckham. Think he’s fantastic. He’s not an Obertan.

• 175 northernirishtoon // Jan 31, 2013 at 6:48 PM

Thought Taylor had a good game against villa and canst see him being dropped for Chelsea. Mbwia will have to force his way in. Good problem to have lads

• 176 TorqToon // Jan 31, 2013 at 6:48 PM

TADS – No nothing mate, I’m afraid.

I feel we have been priced out of our striker hunt, and instead have done the ground work for the summer.

QPR have done football no favours whatsoever with the extortionate money they are throwing at deals – I’m told its elevating expectation on any deal involving certain players and transfers to England.

Can kind of see it…If samba is worth £12.5mil and 100k a week…agents are going to talk their own players up to that extent.

• 177 John Tudor // Jan 31, 2013 at 6:48 PM

hahah harry and qpr

• 178 geordiefromthemidlands // Jan 31, 2013 at 6:48 PM

Arsenal har kastet seg inni kampen om Ricky van Wolfswinkel. Vært linket med #nufc før i vinduet. (via @PortuBall ) #newutd

Translated as
    Arsenal have folded inside the fight on Ricky van Wolfswinkel. Been linked with # NUFC before the window. (via @ PortuBall) # newutd

Probably wum

• 179 Dannyo // Jan 31, 2013 at 6:49 PM

@numba9
    Writing everything in caps lock is not going to help Pardew read it mate.

• 180 BelfastMagpie // Jan 31, 2013 at 6:49 PM

Really wish Redknapp would get the shits on transfer deadline day lol get of my screen you swine…

Sky sports treat him like he’s some kind of hero.

• 181 Ketsbaia9 // Jan 31, 2013 at 6:50 PM

We need to hijack Fulham’s bid for Gomis. We’ll probably stay up, but not signing another striker is kind of suicidal.

• 182 toonLYF // Jan 31, 2013 at 6:50 PM

“I’ll let go once you find your dick”

• 183 toonarmydownsouth // Jan 31, 2013 at 6:50 PM

Butler
    Mbiwa is a full international who captained his side to a league title, taylor is a player who has never reached his potential and hasnt looked match fit all season regardless of injuries, he got beaten so many times by bentenke or mis reading the bounce of the ball vs villa it was untrue, mbiwa was available on a free in the summer theres no way he’d be bought in if it wasnt to play, pardew said were in a battle and us not affraid of upsetting the existing lads by dropping them i inderstand mbiwa not starting vs villa but we need this lad in the line up, taylor along with colo and willo have been part of the problem leaking hoals all season wheres the point in bringing in tge solution and not implementing it? Its would be like QPR leaving samba out the line up for clint hill!

• 184 Dannyo // Jan 31, 2013 at 6:50 PM

@geordiefromthemidlands
    The transelation is wrong mate.
    It means that Arsenal has thrown themselves in for a fight over Ricky van Wolfswinkel.

• 185 Beattie25 // Jan 31, 2013 at 6:52 PM

M’bwia will be twice the player Saylor is I believe.

Saylor had unquestionable potential but I feel injuries have hampered his progress.

For me M’bwia should be playing and Saylor should be benched. The only reason he is playing (despite being injured for ages) is because Pards is frightened of fielding a non English team.

There is no room for sentiment when a PL life is on the line.

• 186 toonLYF // Jan 31, 2013 at 6:52 PM

tads…

well said, as always mate.

• 187 valle // Jan 31, 2013 at 6:53 PM

Online whats your proof that Redknapp is a toon hater?

• 188 Ketsbaia9 // Jan 31, 2013 at 6:54 PM

If we’re going for 6 players in the summer, I’d like to see us sign the following:

Douglas – Free
    Sulejmani – Free
    Gomis – Free
    Belhanda – £8m or N’Zogbia – £5m
    Alderweireld – £7m
    Benteke – £12m

I’d also like to see us go in for Wilfried Bony.

• 189 JackButler // Jan 31, 2013 at 6:54 PM

tad

Mate you are preaching to the choir mate, I know how good M’Biwa is but I also know what Pardews like, he won’t drop Saylor just like he won’t drop Jonas if Marveuax is fit and that is the biggest issue at the club, certain players play irrespective of form

• 190 Ketsbaia9 // Jan 31, 2013 at 6:55 PM

The squad’s getting there, that’s the main thing.

• 191 toonarmydownsouth // Jan 31, 2013 at 6:55 PM

LYF
    As beattie said theres no place for sentiments, we’re in a dogfight taylor shouldnt get a free pass just for being english, before the window most agreed taylor was a great squad player but we needed a top CB, well now we have on and ppl want to see the lad on the bench?

• 192 ONLINE GUY // Jan 31, 2013 at 6:56 PM

Rvw is the closest thing to Rvp ..I wrote last week…..Watch out for Arsene Sniffing around .

• 193 Graeme // Jan 31, 2013 at 6:57 PM

Proud, no mate, but my tickets f.or the final were confirmed by UEFA last night – one happy bunny – actually, two, as my son is over the moon at being able to go lol.

I dont care who we play in the final, as long as we are there. Should be an amazing few days. My last “European” Final was the 1969 bash against Ujpest Doza – what a night that was!!

• 194 toonarmydownsouth // Jan 31, 2013 at 6:57 PM

JB
    I reckon colo will be benched soon mate really do, well really hope, well blindly optimistic!!

Torq
    Shame like, tbh wasnt expecting much today, having said that wasnt expecting 5 signings either!

• 195 davybtoon // Jan 31, 2013 at 6:58 PM

Thought Taylor was great v villa I’d keep him in v Chelsea but I would play mbiwa aswell

Krul
    Debuchy Taylor colo santon
    Mbiwa cabaye
    Gouffran sissoko marveux
    Cisse

Mbiwa can play that role did v arsenal in the champions league also allows him to get used to the league

• 196 JackButler // Jan 31, 2013 at 6:59 PM

tads

The fact that Colo did everything he could to get away from us to San Lorenzo and still managed to retain the armband and a starting position should tell everyone Pardews mindset, certain players are untouchable in his eye’s

• 197 geordiefromthemidlands // Jan 31, 2013 at 7:00 PM

From GFN France
    18:52 Belhanda Latest: Time is running out. Montpellier need someone to make a move now, so that everything can be wrapped up in time. Looking less and less likely, but still possible. We will keep you right up to date with all the latest developments on this one.

• 198 ToonDownSouth // Jan 31, 2013 at 7:02 PM

I agree with Kets.

Beckham is a fantastic pro, and has been a very very good footballer for a long time. He’ll be remembered as one of the great English players.

As for all this ‘he’s only moving to Paris because of Victoria’ stuff – Oh my, the cheek of a man to consider his wifes desires when choosing a new job.

• 199 Beattie25 // Jan 31, 2013 at 7:02 PM

It’s the same with Perch .

Lad can put a tackle in and can win the ball, but Anita is a much, much better player.

Without any doubt Anita should be playing, that midfield would not only control the game but play with creativity and quality.

Why did Perch play?

Don’t tell me it worked or that he is not as light weight. If Anita had have played we could have scored more. Villa offered nothing, not because Perch was playing, but because they’re crap.

• 200 geordiefromthemidlands // Jan 31, 2013 at 7:02 PM

Cheers Dannyo the joys of google translate. Think it means we are looking at him or BS?

• 201 toonarmydownsouth // Jan 31, 2013 at 7:03 PM

Davyb
    Yeah he can play that role but nowhere near aswell as he plays CB infact most games ive seen him play there he’s looked lost
    Taylor was absolutly slaughtered by benteke, he lost every ariel challenge, got constantly done for pace by benteke and just plain out nuscled, if he plays saturday im sorry but Ba will have a field day

• 202 Lu-toon // Jan 31, 2013 at 7:04 PM

Sky Sports reporting we have just signed Mbabu on a 3 n half year contract. Who said our business was finished in this window

• 203 toonarmydownsouth // Jan 31, 2013 at 7:04 PM

JB
    Very true mate

• 204 Beattie25 // Jan 31, 2013 at 7:06 PM

Montepellier desperate to sell Belhanda… C’mon man, perfect time to go in and get one of our long term targets and potential super star.

PLEASE GOD!!!!!!

• 205 JackButler // Jan 31, 2013 at 7:07 PM

Beattie25

I agree with you on Anita, with him in the side we would play far more fluent football and be a far great threat going forward, but thats not the way that Pardew thinks he’s more defensively minded and thats why Perch plays and Anita sits on the bench

• 206 Dannyo // Jan 31, 2013 at 7:07 PM

@geordiefromthemidlands
    We may be in for him, but not this window.
    I’m guessing we’ve scouted him at some point, a paper does a 1+1 and there you go.
    Do Arsenal need another striker though?

• 207 ONLINE GUY // Jan 31, 2013 at 7:09 PM

Valle

I was listening to Talk Sport one morn..Harry phoned in live, Moaning and Mocking Newcastle United Because Maradona had dropped 2 Inter Milan players ..and picked 2 Newcastle players for the Argentinian Squad ..Harry said ” whats’ the world coming too?, Maradona picking 2 poor Newcastle players over 2 players from inter ..I ask You ” Newcastle SHeeeeeeeeee ! “Rubbish decision”…He hates us and will do his best to upset the club if he can..Re: revealing Demba Ba’s get out fee? At a press conference, before Spur’s played Everton ? Nothing to do with us playing Spurs that day..He orchestrated Questions that day from his tabloid press chums. It’s all filthy underhanded lowlife tactics.
    Hate’s us.

• 208 JackButler // Jan 31, 2013 at 7:09 PM

Not Beckhams biggest fans but fair play to the lad for donating his wages to a local childrens charity

• 209 89Norcal // Jan 31, 2013 at 7:11 PM

Beattie25

We already established WHY Perch played over Anita vs. Villa, for some reason you didn’t read it.

Villa use Benteke to win the ball high up the pitch. We all know he’s a physical player and he bossed Liverpool around just a month ago and was largely why they won 3-1 @ Anfield.

You really think Anita (5’6”) would have been able to cover Benteke (6’3”)?

Villa were never going to outclass us in the midfield, so Anita’s invention was not a large sacrifice. Sissoko is better utilized going forward is well which is why he wasn’t given the job of marking Benteke.

As a result, Benteke hardly got a touch..

• 210 Transfer Sage // Jan 31, 2013 at 7:12 PM

What’s witht the slagging off of beckham?

The guy has been a top pro who has done a wry good job at every team he has been at.

He trains with top clubs inbetween jobs as he is a top player. Wants the best facilities and best coaches and players to work with.

• 211 JackButler // Jan 31, 2013 at 7:12 PM

ONLINE GUY

I was amazed that Harry was on this week slating agents for their underhand tactics, this is a guy who has based his career around being underhanded, but he’s a media darling, just hope they turn their backs on him when QPR go down

• 212 croftus5678 // Jan 31, 2013 at 7:13 PM

team for chelski

——————–krull———————
    ——saylor—–collo—-mbiwa——–
    debuchy————————-santon
    ———anita–cabaye-sissoko——–
    ————gouffy–cisse—————-

everyone happy and we are sorted :-)

• 213 ONLINE GUY // Jan 31, 2013 at 7:13 PM

JackButler

If Beckham is donating his wages to charity..Why tell anyone ? Why? F**ing publicity stunt on the back of Poor Kids. It’s Sick.

• 214 Dannyo // Jan 31, 2013 at 7:14 PM

@JB
    Harry Redknapp is the founder of the term “hypocrit”.
    He’ll say that one thing is bad, then he’ll do the same thing a week later.

• 215 JackButler // Jan 31, 2013 at 7:15 PM

ONLINE GUY

It was said after being asked whether he had joined PSG for the money

• 216 Lu-toon // Jan 31, 2013 at 7:15 PM

I would say most of Harry’s interviews are orchestrated. Face like a melted welly boot

• 217 John Tudor // Jan 31, 2013 at 7:15 PM

hahah harry thats his new name for me

• 218 toonarmydownsouth // Jan 31, 2013 at 7:15 PM

Whoa whoa whoa
    Montpellier actually WANT to sell belhanda??? Ash grab ya chopper keys and hammer that b1tch to france if there desperate £6 mil upfront?? The lads worth what £15 mil??????? Plllllllllleeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaasssssssssssseeeeeeeeeeeeee

• 219 Beattie25 // Jan 31, 2013 at 7:16 PM

Norcal

What rubbish.

Did you watch the same half of football I did.

We restricted balls to Benteke with our own creativity.

When we then sat back and invited pressure and asked for Perch to do as ou say, Benteke was all over us.

Perch was eventfully substituted…

You are obviously a fan of the old ‘let them have the ball and we’ll just tackle them and knock it up front’ tactic.

With Anita, nipping at people’s feet, we could get the ball and play it around better.

Silly, silly post

• 220 Transfer Sage // Jan 31, 2013 at 7:16 PM

Online

Why not tell people?

It’s not just good publicity for him but good publicity for tr club an mainly it gets good publicity for the charity.

The charity will get a mention and hopefully attract more donations and volunteers.

Why can’t people talk about the good stuff they do? God knows we hear enough of the bad stuff that players get up to

• 221 89Norcal // Jan 31, 2013 at 7:17 PM

I used to like Harry but he really is two faced. The media really boosts his image in the footballing world because he’s always happy to talk to them, he’s clever in that respect.

On an unrelated note, I enjoy watching the SSN presenters awkwardly apologize for swearing fans every transfer window lol

• 222 toonarmydownsouth // Jan 31, 2013 at 7:17 PM

Croftus
    Like it

• 223 Dannyo // Jan 31, 2013 at 7:17 PM

@Online Guy
    It’s a publicity stunt, but the kids have it all to gain.
    Don’t see anything wrong it that.
    If more people saw PR in helping various charities, then we’d all be better off for it.

• 224 Beattie25 // Jan 31, 2013 at 7:18 PM

Saylor and Colo are responsible for the aerial threats, Anita is a breaker up of play on the floor.

Awful, awful post

• 225 archaeomag // Jan 31, 2013 at 7:18 PM

@89Norcal
    Spot on mate Perch as DM, also perhaps why Amiobi came on – extra hight

• 226 ONLINE GUY // Jan 31, 2013 at 7:18 PM

Paul McCartney wont sign you an Autograph, your lucky if you get one.. he hates doing it …might seem mean but it’s for a good reason,, He does however give millions to Charity and never mention’s it. RE: Beckham.

• 227 JackButler // Jan 31, 2013 at 7:19 PM

NUFCnewsnow.com ?@NUFCnewsnow
    Reports suggesting that Xisco may have joined Cordoba CF on a permanent 18 month deal. #NUFC

• 228 ToonDownSouth // Jan 31, 2013 at 7:19 PM

Yeah, I bet the charity is gutted. They have to suffer through all that money while Beckham gets a little good publicity. I bet they’re gutted.

Won’t somebody please think of the children?

• 229 89Norcal // Jan 31, 2013 at 7:20 PM

Beattie25

Only in your own diluted mind. You obviously don’t watch Villa, that’s one of their favorite tactics, who WOULDN’T boot the ball to a 6’3” forward?

Our bright spot in the first half was Sissoko and our wing play. But even Sissoko got caught out in the middle of the park a couple times.

And you’re proposing we play a 5’6” DM on him, lol…..

Like I said to you yesterday before you ignored everyone’s opposing opinion against you; there’s more to football than FIFA 13 player ratings.

• 230 Beattie25 // Jan 31, 2013 at 7:20 PM

Terrible post.

I’m going

• 231 JackButler // Jan 31, 2013 at 7:20 PM

Martin Samuel ?@grthdvd
    BREAKING NEWS: Sources at Melwood have confirmed #Liverpool have accepted a bid for Jose Reina from #Arsenal. An amazing development #LFC

• 232 Transfer Sage // Jan 31, 2013 at 7:21 PM

Online

If you know and the world knows that Paul McCartney gives to charity either he tells people or he has a publicist who release that info.

It’s good to mention things, gets publicity for the charity and hopefully people donate if their favourite sportsman, musician or actor do the same.

• 233 89Norcal // Jan 31, 2013 at 7:21 PM

Beattie25

Benteke wins the ball in the MIDFIELD. Sorry but is that where Saylor and Colo play?

• 234 JackButler // Jan 31, 2013 at 7:22 PM

Newcastle United FC ?@NUFCOfficial
    #NUFC midfielder Mehdi Abeid has completed a loan move to St. Johnstone – more on http://www.nufc.co.uk

• 235 Transfer Sage // Jan 31, 2013 at 7:23 PM

Jack butler

That will certainly toughen abeid up and give him much needed experience

• 236 89Norcal // Jan 31, 2013 at 7:23 PM

archaeomag

Beattie doesn’t want to hear logic. Someone shuts him down and he leaves. Typical.

• 237 JackButler // Jan 31, 2013 at 7:24 PM

Transfer

Lets hope so mate, he has a hell of a lot of ability but needs to make that step up soon, so a loan move can only help the lad

• 238 Toon-Prodigy // Jan 31, 2013 at 7:24 PM

Just got up for work, not a scrap of news then?

Ashley left around 3ish?

Just that Mbabu kid in.

Another Gamble by Mike then. Id rather we never left anything to chance and cover ourselves suffiently while we can.

Not slating the bloke, we have had a great window. But what is it with him, always likes a gamble with the squad like

• 239 ONLINE GUY // Jan 31, 2013 at 7:25 PM

Transfer

It’s just the whole Beckham circus ..Its not all about the Charity , it’s about the Beckham’s..and the fact that Satchi & Satchi ..are paid by the Beckhams to generate publicity to keep them up there as A -list celeb’s..Its all about the Beckham’s ..Make’s me Puke .

• 240 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Jan 31, 2013 at 7:25 PM

Online…Think you’re being a tad unreasonable tbh.

People know only too well about what Paul McCartney does for charities, just like Beckham. Whether they say it or not, their PR team has it everywhere. Is that a bad thing really? It brings awareness for starters and any person not using their high profile for such things is probably more entitled to be called sick.

On signing autographs…not very charitable to sign a bit of paper for the people who made you famous. I’m sure it get’s boring, but come on.

Last but not least, why say he’s donating his wages from PSG…so people wouldn’t sit online and slag him for doing everything for himself…that worked well :)

Beattie…Maybe Anita was deemed as simply not needed with the quality we already had on the pitch? It gave us an option from the bench which was more useful if needed than say Perch. I don’t imagine for a minute that Perch will get more starts or minutes than Anita for the rest of the season, has he even to date?

• 241 ToonDownSouth // Jan 31, 2013 at 7:26 PM

89Norcal

There’s times when you just have to ignore people. This is one of them.

• 242 Transfer Sage // Jan 31, 2013 at 7:27 PM

Online

I know what your saying but in reality it’s because he is a top footballer.

You could have the best publicist but without ability you wouldn’t have played for Milan, man utd and Madrid.

His career is on the downhill now but the guy is fantastic role model and model pro.

He still has the ability to cut it as a squad player much the way Scholes and giggs still can for man utd.

• 243 89Norcal // Jan 31, 2013 at 7:27 PM

Toon Prodigy

Just Mbabu, the main news is we won’t be losing any big players and we are loaning out quite a few youngsters. Good stuff.

• 244 JackButler // Jan 31, 2013 at 7:27 PM

ONLINE GUY

It may make you sick but it makes the charities involved 100k a week and when all we hear is about players arrested for rape, assaults and racism it’s good to hear something like what Beckham is doing

• 245 89Norcal // Jan 31, 2013 at 7:29 PM

TDS

lol I couldn’t help it being it was so oblivious, and Beattie still managed to slither out of that one.

• 246 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Jan 31, 2013 at 7:30 PM

Online…You are right though, his PR team do a bang up job at getting the word out there. For a man that is good at kicking a ball and a wife with, let’s be nice and say “little” talent, they have built quite an empire. If they do some good with it as well, then fair play.

• 247 hdavid23 // Jan 31, 2013 at 7:31 PM

does anyone know a site where i could watch Pardew’s pre-Chelsea press conference?

• 248 Paps // Jan 31, 2013 at 7:31 PM

can anyone explain why they dont like beckham?

• 249 darrenfletcher88 // Jan 31, 2013 at 7:31 PM

@toon-prodigy,how’s it a gamble? The last two seasons we have played one forward with two supports players,we have more then enough depth,only another injury crisis would put is in the crap,cissie has hardly missed a game! Benny to come back.goufran, sylvan ameobi.and all the understudys to them,oba sammy etc,

• 250 JackButler // Jan 31, 2013 at 7:31 PM

SKY SPORTS NEWS ?@SKYSP0RTSNWS
    SKY SOURCES: Understand Arsenal have won the race to sign Mike Williamson. Sagna,Koscielny and Giroud going in the opposite direction #SSN

• 251 Transfer Sage // Jan 31, 2013 at 7:31 PM

We are looking at developing our youngster and improving the development squad.

Does anyone ever think we will spend the 5-10 mil mark for youngsters like teams have for the likes of Walcott, bale, oxlaide-chamberlain, smalling….Etc etc

• 252 JackButler // Jan 31, 2013 at 7:32 PM

SKY SPORTS NEWS ?@SKYSP0RTSNWS
    SKY SOURCES:Understand Newcastle United will bid €40 Million, in an adatious attempt to lure French International Frank Ribery to #nufc #ssn

• 253 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Jan 31, 2013 at 7:32 PM

JB…Sad to see him leave, but fair play, can’t knock him for going to Arsenal :)

• 254 JackButler // Jan 31, 2013 at 7:34 PM

Ibiza

I know mate, I’m gutted after all, he’s been nothing other than world class for us ;)

• 255 proudtobageordie // Jan 31, 2013 at 7:34 PM

ibiza

don’t push it mate. posh spice and girl power now now

• 256 Transfer Sage // Jan 31, 2013 at 7:34 PM

Ibiza

I’m with you.

I think if you have a lot of money like sportsman, actors etc then you should use some money to fund those worse off.

I think even if its done for the “wrong reasons” like promoting yourself the end cause is positive.

• 257 89Norcal // Jan 31, 2013 at 7:34 PM

JB :lol:

• 258 robin // Jan 31, 2013 at 7:35 PM

Looks increasingly likely, we are stuck with Ameobi, the great survivor as the third option up front. I hope he proves Pardews, faith in him is justified.

• 259 Spreadthetoon // Jan 31, 2013 at 7:36 PM

Cannot believe that we won’t enter a late bid somewhere before anyone knows we’ve even entered the market.
    Beckham is a smart signing. Elevates the club and boosts overseas profile….something our club could do with. Btw never understood the “Wonga” sponsorship as (a) not int’l co (b) they are a vile company re: pay day loans to the vulnerable.
    Lastly QPR tfr dealings is an absolute disgrace to football. I feel sorry for Rangers fans as Tony Fernandez and ‘Arry are gambling with football history. It should not be allowed, why do the FA etc allow it, Its completely crazy!! They are playing with fire and could ruin the fans’ club!

• 260 JackButler // Jan 31, 2013 at 7:36 PM

NUFCfans.co.uk ?@nufcfans
    Kevin Mbabu speaks to #nufcTV: “There were other clubs after me, but I wanted #NUFC, because they outlined my development so well.”

• 261 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Jan 31, 2013 at 7:37 PM

JB….I can’t work out which word in that sentence I would change….:)

Proud…”I’ll tell you what I want, what I really really want” Don’t get me started with Spice girls, takes me back to a dark time in my life.

• 262 Transfer Sage // Jan 31, 2013 at 7:37 PM

I’m happy with the squad.

Yes i’d take another forward or winger but I think we have enough to see us to the summer. Then we can look to bring in a top class forward.

• 263 potski // Jan 31, 2013 at 7:38 PM

numba9
    Nice caps, makes your argument make more sense.

Except:

1. Carroll was replaced by Ba (the window after). I know some of you thought it didn’t “count” because Ba was a free transfer, but that’s what happened.

2. Best was replaced by Cisse (the window before). I know some of you struggle with the concept that this is even possible, but that’s what happened. Cisse came last Jan and Best would have been sold then, but was injured. The club sold him at the first opportunity.

3. Lovenkrands was a “striker”? Really! I must have missed that season, because he nearly always played as LW for his last two seasons and couldn’t have started more than a couple of league games, even when we were in the Championship. He was a squad player, nothing more, and was replaced by Obertan, Fergie or probably Sammy in the minds of the clubs owners/managers. Since Lovenkrands barely played for us, they might have expected Sammy to be the same, occasionally come on as a sub late in matches and still have a season or two to develop to a higher standard. The injuries put paid to that.

The nonsense that Lovenkrands and Best should not have been sold as we still need them is well… nonsense. Best made it clear he wouldn’t stay when he would have been 3rd or even 4th choice striker, and Lovenkrands is far too old. Indeed, many questioned his age when he was originally bought. He was brought in during the Jan window in the relegation season (with Nolan and Raylor), and was old then (compared to our current buying policy). With longterm injuries to Owen and Viduka he got some starts, and 1 or 2 goals, but he was never more than a stop-gap when we were desperate. He may have even been on loan or a short-term contract, I think. When all of the big name forwards left when we went down, Hughton kept him on as backup to Carroll and Shola. It was never going to last once we were promoted, the idea that he might still be here and in some way would improve our squad is wrong.

• 264 darrenfletcher88 // Jan 31, 2013 at 7:39 PM

Jack butler # grow up

• 265 Shane // Jan 31, 2013 at 7:39 PM

Oh my good God, what is with the obsession with hating Beckham and him being a publicity whore?! Who cares, the man is making a shed load of money for many charities, he gets a shed load of publicity for doing so, aaaaaaand!? Why do you care so much… he makes loads of publicity which makes him loads of money which means he can give more to charity… are you against givung money to charity? Are you against a bloke making some publicity? Are you against a blok earning loads of money honestly? Or are you just jealous…

• 266 JackButler // Jan 31, 2013 at 7:40 PM

darrenfletcher88 # cheer up :D

• 267 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Jan 31, 2013 at 7:40 PM

TS…And the thing is many people look up to David Beckham, whether you agree or not, they do. He does set a great example by doing good, whether he gains from it or not is somewhat irrelevant as far as I’m concerned, he generates interest in things that may not be out their in the public domain otherwise.

I don’t get the hating, all seems a little bitter.

• 268 ONLINE GUY // Jan 31, 2013 at 7:42 PM

Transfer .

.Each Summer I kick around with an old friend of Macca’s …He lives in Florida ..And when he’s here each Summer, every year, and we talk, I do get the Nitty Gritty and all kinds And I can remember us talking about Macca, and Charity, and autograph’s and a million other things . Including what a certain lady was like in bed…(you will all know her ) we discuss many things ! ..like you do .So Saying that.. I’m telling you its not common . Knowledge, and you missed the fact I might have inside info ? That’s fair Play I suppose. No harm done.

My Point about the Beckhams is it’s the Beckhams that come first ..they ride the publicity wagon in all sorts of ways ..This is just one of them. They could have donated ..and not mentioned it .. Right, I am really vooking bored now with this Blog, I’m going awol. To all you spook’s that don’t agree with me ..I dont give 2 Fook’s .. PHhhsssstttt!

• 269 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Jan 31, 2013 at 7:44 PM

# shake and make up? :)

• 270 Jail for Ashley // Jan 31, 2013 at 7:44 PM

Online guy,
    Dont you think that a guy who has enjoyed success might everywhere he’s been might not be joining PSG, for a crack at his third different countries Championsip and one last crack at the CL in a great team with a top manager and for the record he says his missus and the kids are staying in London.
    Although I do find his motives for publicly announcing his wages are going to charity a bit dubious.

• 271 proudtobageordie // Jan 31, 2013 at 7:44 PM

ibiza

best girl band to step foot on this planet

• 272 Transfer Sage // Jan 31, 2013 at 7:44 PM

Ibiza

Yeh I know. Rather these player get publicity for going to charity and setting up foundations for kids than getting publicity for fighting, sexual assault or clubbing.

Beckham is a very likeable guy who has managed to completely maximise his playing potential as well as his financial potential.

Same way messi and ronaldo get huge salaries and crazy sponsorship fees to drink some Pepsi on tv

• 273 MacToon // Jan 31, 2013 at 7:45 PM

adatious attempt?

• 274 Transfer Sage // Jan 31, 2013 at 7:46 PM

Jail

He was asked if he joined for money so he simply said no, my wage goes to a local charity.

• 275 ONLINE GUY // Jan 31, 2013 at 7:46 PM

Transfer .

.Each Summer I kick around with an old Friend of Macca’s …He lives in Florida ..And when he’s here each Summer, every year, and we talk, I do get the Nitty Gritty and all kinds And I can remember us talking about Macca, and Charity, and autograph’s and a million other things . Including what a certain lady was like in bed…(you will all know her ) we discuss many things ! ..like you do .So Saying that.. I’m telling you its not common . Knowledge, and you missed the fact I might have inside info ? That’s fair Play I suppose. No harm done.

My Point about the Beckhams is it’s the Beckhams that come first ..they ride the publicity wagon in all sorts of ways ..This is just one of them. They could have donated ..and not mentioned it .. Right, I am really vooking bored now with this Blog, I’m going awol. To all you spook’s that don’t agree with me ..I dont give 2 vook’s .. PHhhsssstttt!

• 276 archaeomag // Jan 31, 2013 at 7:47 PM

@Spreadthetoon
    RE; W@nga – have to agree – A local rival has ‘Invest in Africa’ or something like that, still embarressed that W@nga is tthe best we can do.

• 277 ONLINE GUY // Jan 31, 2013 at 7:48 PM

Jail

Beckham is only pretending to be a Footballer now ..its all orchestrated by Satch&Satchi..

• 278 Transfer Sage // Jan 31, 2013 at 7:50 PM

Online guy

I hear all sorts in the media about Paul McCartney charity work.

Whether he says it himself or not is irrelevant. It is publicised by either his people or the charity, either way it helps make him liked by the public and therefore will make more people give his music time and it benefits him. It’s very common knowledge McCartney does charity work. Every man and his dog knows it.

Beckham has never been in trouble, always worked hard at his game, been a loyal player for his country, set up various trusts and charities and also given a lot of his time to charities. If that’s a guy you don’t like then I don’t know what please you.

• 279 Dondatta13 // Jan 31, 2013 at 7:50 PM

if QPR get Odemwenge…. how bout a loan move for Junior Hoilett #Wont happen

• 280 ToonDownSouth // Jan 31, 2013 at 7:50 PM

You’re aware that David Beckham is actually a football player though.

He’s not bad either. Not great, but still decent.

• 281 check the toastie // Jan 31, 2013 at 7:50 PM

Norcal – what makes you think that a midfielders job is to win headers off a Centre Forward, a centre back is there to deal with Benteke, the most ridiculous thing i have ever witnessed on here is the acceptance that Shola also did a great job marking Benteke, my God is this lad the new Ibrahimavic or Something. Shola was on to hold the ball up, he couldnt do it as our long hoofs went nowhere near his 1 yard standing circle.

The point is if we play our best technical players and keep the ball better then we dont have to continually defend our 6 yard box. F#cking idiots on here.

Next time we play Villa we could pick Willo, Saylor, Perch, Shola, Ranger, Perch, Collo, Dummett, Mbiwa, Willo, Saylor and Shola and Gutti, and maybe we could say they all did a good job because they blocked some shots and won some headers off the global superstar Benteke. Clueless, totally clueless.

I have included Perch,Willo and Shola twice as they would clearly be brilliant at the job. Thought a centre forward was supposed to score goals.

• 282 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Jan 31, 2013 at 7:51 PM

Proud… I may or may not have a agreed many many years ago, as of today, yeah they’re definitely the best ever :)

Right guys and girls, food time. Hope I don’t miss any latest transfer action…ha.

• 283 Lu-toon // Jan 31, 2013 at 7:52 PM

Like Beckham or not, can anyone honestly think of a player so passionate for England in recent years.
    All we hear nowadays is that players have so much money they don’t care for much when it comes to England. Have to say Beckham broke the mould with that one and still would if he was selected so I say fair play to him no matter how much money he has got.

Think Chelsea are there for the taking Saturday, and really feel a storming performance is coming

• 284 Transfer Sage // Jan 31, 2013 at 7:52 PM

Online

People wouldn’t pay out for beckham as a footballer if he wasn’t a footballer. The guy still has talent, what make should say he isn’t a player anymore.

He gets nothing but praise from managers and players he still trains with

• 285 toonarmydownsouth // Jan 31, 2013 at 7:52 PM

Lol
    Jenas has been loaned to QPR and is now locked out the building!!!

• 286 check the toastie // Jan 31, 2013 at 7:53 PM

Nice post Potski spot on mate. Lovenkrands was past his sell by date, similar to Jonas and Shola.

• 287 DokToon // Jan 31, 2013 at 7:54 PM

proud..

spice girls > josie and the pussycats???

blaphemy!!!! lol

• 288 toonarmydownsouth // Jan 31, 2013 at 7:54 PM

Dondatta
    West Brom want hoillet as part of the deal

• 289 psutty80 // Jan 31, 2013 at 7:55 PM

Ajax are playing now, is Siem de jong playing???

• 290 89Norcal // Jan 31, 2013 at 7:55 PM

check

Are you serious? I already said Benteke wins the ball in the MIDFIELD including anywhere higher. Why would Saylor and Colo sit up that high all game?

How many longballs are sent into the midfield in the game of football?

How tall is Benteke?

How tall is Anita?

Did you watch the Villa/Liverpool game?

Exactly..

• 291 Transfer Sage // Jan 31, 2013 at 7:56 PM

Online

I don’t want to sound like in having a go at you though. So apologies if it came over that way.

• 292 croftus5678 // Jan 31, 2013 at 7:56 PM

o.k. so ED next post suggestion for you pls make a list of all our young uns on loan and to which clubs so we can keep an eye on them :-) cos i really can not be bothered to look up all the info.

• 293 robin // Jan 31, 2013 at 7:56 PM

I see Krul the Anthropoid, is giving the Blog a miss tonight, maybe his keeper has kept him on lock-down due to his puerile rantings last night.

• 294 Jail for Ashley // Jan 31, 2013 at 7:56 PM

Transfer,
    That sounds a lot better cant really fault him at all for that, so if he doesnt give the money away he’s a greedy cnut and if he does……

• 295 croftus5678 // Jan 31, 2013 at 7:58 PM

saylor is a great header of the ball anyways look how many he scored for us from corners just benteke is no man he’s a man mountain.

• 296 Kyo // Jan 31, 2013 at 7:58 PM

tads

difference between my “ITK” info I post here and the stuff Transfer Sage posts here:

Mine comes from legit French journos who broke many stories first. They are basically Sky’s “Sources”.

@GFN_France for French journalism.

• 297 Transfer Sage // Jan 31, 2013 at 7:59 PM

Norcal

I understand that’s why you said perch played, and I give you he is better than Anita in the air, but benteke beat all our players, even te CBs to the ball all night.

I would rather have seen Anita on their but in fairness I think perch played well so I’m not too bothered about it.

If there is logic to a strange decision then that’s fine by me, there was logic from pardew, so even if I wouldn’t have done the same I have no problem with him making that call as it was a clear plan and not just “picking a favourite” as he is accused off often

• 298 Beattie25 // Jan 31, 2013 at 7:59 PM

Norcal

Still shockingly poor posts.

Nonsensical ramblings.

• 299 proudtobageordie // Jan 31, 2013 at 8:00 PM

has anyone heard from daniell craig #ssn that our business is done?

• 300 toonarmydownsouth // Jan 31, 2013 at 8:01 PM

Psutty80
    Are you sure? Its not listed in any fixtures, friendly??

• 301 ONLINE GUY // Jan 31, 2013 at 8:01 PM

Transfer

Yes, you do hear snippets about Macca from others over the years ..I get to know a few other things that dont make the press or become common …

Good for Beckham giving or re-directing funds to Charity ..nothing wrong with that ..but the fact that the initial planning that goes into it to promote the Beckham’s and make a charity the vehicle on which they can ride on the back of.. for that publicity, that keeps the Beckham’s up there on the A-list, seems a little sinister to me

Just my Opinion Transfer ..And I respect your’s.

• 302 geordiejamie89 // Jan 31, 2013 at 8:01 PM

Gutted that Newcastle haven’t signed that final striker. I was hoping that Newcastle would up their bid for Aubemeyang. Oh well, Newcastle are always boring on transfer deadline day.

• 303 dubzy // Jan 31, 2013 at 8:02 PM

JIM WHITE

• 304 toonarmydownsouth // Jan 31, 2013 at 8:03 PM

Kyo
    GNF is hardly ITK its a journo twitter feed, sage n torq normally mention the rumour before them, like they have both said if ya dont like it skip past it

• 305 Warwick Hunt // Jan 31, 2013 at 8:03 PM

Most people do charity events for themselves or ego first and foremost, i.e firewalks, parachute jumps and the likes. Fare play to Beckham and a welcome bit of publicty in the face of all the usual publicty that comes about players plying their trade in the beautiful game.

• 306 psutty80 // Jan 31, 2013 at 8:04 PM

Yeah apparently they are playing vitesse, already 1-0 up, but don’t know if he’s playing, just seen it on Twitter.

• 307 89Norcal // Jan 31, 2013 at 8:05 PM

Transfer Sage

The point I was making earlier though was that Villa would never have outclassed Cabaye and Sissoko in the midfield, so we didn’t need Anita’s technical abilities, and we saw that very clearly in the first half. Yet still people want to slate Pardew for it.

Putting Anita in as a CDM would have invited Villa to play toward’s Benteke. Perch is obviously the better match up in size and strength. We already know Anita for all his effort, can get bossed off the ball easily. Yet again some people here ignore that for the sake of winning an argument.

Having a 6’1” DM on Benteke was a much better deterrent, and Villa attempted to play less direct instead.

• 308 toon252 // Jan 31, 2013 at 8:07 PM

Norcal

You can’t win with some people! Perch did his job, we won the game! They are all arm chair managers, play fifa and football manager and think that they could manage a football team! Most couldn’t manage at Sunday league level!

• 309 Transfer Sage // Jan 31, 2013 at 8:07 PM

Kyo

I started following gfn too, it’s a reliable source for info but usually posts it when things are more solid and not at the rumour stage.

Feel free to check my posts from December where I said we would have one of our busiest and hardest worked windows and look for at least 3-4 players

I never claim to have 100% knowledge as that’s impossible, I bet Ashley thought 100% remy was coming til he ignored us and went to qpr after we put him up in a hotel.

I simply pass on what I hear from my friend, I could mention there name but it would mean nothing to anyone here and could get then in trouble with their employer.

• 310 Jail for Ashley // Jan 31, 2013 at 8:07 PM

Does the guy who stands outside Benton on deadline day who works for Sky do the Aviva insurance adverts as well.

• 311 Toon-Prodigy // Jan 31, 2013 at 8:10 PM

Norcal,

Cheers bud.

Ahh well, cisse, gouffran, shola & ranger then.

Looking at that, we will hit problems for goals if any one or two are injured. With shola’s injury record and lack of goals it dosn’t make for good reading. Especially as we have europa games aswell.

Lets hope benny, cabaye, gouffran & marveux chip in with enough.

Odemwingie has created a bit of a situation hasnt he? He has just drove to QPR to force a move through haha. Even Harry didn’t know he was coming. West Brom are going wild

• 312 Transfer Sage // Jan 31, 2013 at 8:10 PM

Norcal

I agree with you. I don’t mind perch for that reason. He struggled later as benteke outclassed him but he made him work more than Anita would have in the air.

I don’t think we are good enough like say barca or real to pick a team and not worry about the opposition. We aren’t a perfect team so we sometimes need to alter our game plan to go against the oppositions strengths which I think we often do well.

Although sometimes we take it too far at sacrifice too much of our own game.

• 313 Toon-Prodigy // Jan 31, 2013 at 8:16 PM

Ill mention that Natalie Sawyer again from sky sports news as she is a stunner!

Top shelfer! Cracking pair on her aswell :)

She deserves a mention today

• 314 yo-yo // Jan 31, 2013 at 8:17 PM

K9

Hitler was the ‘best’ right winger of all time – possibly eclisped by Attila the Hun

• 315 ONLINE GUY // Jan 31, 2013 at 8:27 PM

One last comment on Beckham..I met him during a European/South American Youth Football tournament (Brazil National side took part)..Yonks ago… He was only 16 ish ..He seemed Jack the Lad even back then … I spoke to him .. Seemed a great Kid …Nothing against him at all ..The Publicity machine He find’s himself in And pay’s for.. is the way of the world I suppose ..

Beckham as a Footballer now though is a misnomer ..He will sell shirt’s…and do a good job in a lower division ..but he’s way back in the betting now ..I just think signing for Paris SG is not for the purpose of becoming a serious player for them …It just smacks of a publicity stunt ..same as usual.

• 316 ONLINE GUY // Jan 31, 2013 at 8:30 PM

Lower division= Blues quare Prem

• 317 Wandering Geordie // Jan 31, 2013 at 8:37 PM

People knock Beckham as I did ,But I remember a friend of mine who was a Police officer in Newcastle and when Becks was playing for the manure.This friend of mine had visited Carrington training ground as part of a goodwill visit ( He was on a training course in Manchester)
    He ended up talking to Becks about charities.He does a lot for charity too ,Becks give him his number and said if you want anything to help your charity just ring me .Anyway months later after a quick ring to him he asked him to send some signed photos for an event in Hebburn..He only turned up without notice and stayed 2hrs ……..My view has changed since ..Model professional and top man

previous post: Newcastle Still Short Of A Top Striker