Three Newcastle Players Included In French Sqaud

The French  National team manager Didier Deschamps has just named his latest squad to play Germany on February 6th, and it includes three Newcastle players – but in the months ahead we could well see more French players from Newcastle called up for the French squad.

moussa sissoko debut aston villa

Moussa Sissoko included in France squad

The three Newcastle players called up are Yohan Cabaye, his best pal Mathieu Debuchy and midfield powerhouse Moussa Sissoko, but unfortunately there isn’t a place (yet) for Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa – and Ben Arfa is still out injured, although Deschamps probably will never include him in a French squad given their history when both were at Marseilles.

And it’s interesting that in Deschamps’ press conference he had to field questions about Newcastle United from the French reporters.

Here are two questions about Newcastle and Deschamps’ answers today:

Q1 – What do you think of the 21st League 1 club at Newcastle, ‘Chateau Neuf’, with 11 French players there?

“I am not the coach of Newcastle, it can lead to lots of interpretations but why not? What concerns me the most is that the ones wearing the international shirt have lots of playing time on the pitch.”

Q2 – Are you concerned that some of the top players are leaving Ligue 1?

“It is their choice, it is not good to see League 1 lose top players but apart from PSG all French clubs need to sell and English clubs have the money.”  “I am not worried, they are free to choose the county they wish to play in.”

“As long as they have the time on the pitch and are performing. Yes they are taking a risk because of the change of culture and the language but they need to have time on the pitch”.

It’s obvious that Newcastle are becoming very important to the French National team, and we’ll probably see a lot more French reporters at our games from now on. 😀

Vive la France.

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 us on Google+:

You can also reach Ed at admin@nufcblog.com

=============================================

• Wayayman

Jan 31, 2013 at 4:28 PM

Every time I post, I’m the last comment before a new post… lol!

• Dannyo

Jan 31, 2013 at 4:30 PM

One of the questions should’ve been. “Will Ben Arfa ever get into your squad?”

• Wayayman

Jan 31, 2013 at 4:31 PM

BTW, I think Deschamps is a dick. Considering he actually played here himself why does he not seem a little more positive, like focussing on the fact that the French lads will improve by playing in one of the best leagues in the world, against some excellent opposition.

• monasnyr99

Jan 31, 2013 at 4:37 PM

Just my opinion Torque, dont trust any ITK’s after being sucked in myself. Usually they are from rival teams looking for attention and take great pleasure revealing themselves shortly after the window is closed…maybe you are different 😉

• Ben_BKK

Jan 31, 2013 at 4:39 PM

@ Unbelievable Tekkers – I only briefly played a bit of FM13 just to see what it was like, but then went back to my FM11 game where I’m in 2028 lol. Moussa Sissoko went to Valencia on my FM11 game for something like £20m and was nominated for the Ballon d’Or and World Player of the Year basically every year until he was about 33.

• BigKirky

Jan 31, 2013 at 4:39 PM

It could make all the players far better players by playing in our league as well.

Ben Arfa has adopted a good work ethic and tracking back has improved dramatically in his time here. Similar attributes could evolve with the other players.

• TurkishFan101

Jan 31, 2013 at 4:40 PM

@Ben_BKK I tried getting Mbiwa they wanted £25m, scouted some very good potential players worth £9k they want £16m lol. I sacked most of our staff because the players kept on getting injured and John Carver recommended me to play long hoof ball hes gone as well.

• veto

Jan 31, 2013 at 4:40 PM

time to move onto the german league and do the same with that one

• peasngravy

Jan 31, 2013 at 4:42 PM

Any news from France,
    Torq

• Jail for Ashley

Jan 31, 2013 at 4:43 PM

Peas,
    Beckham signed a five month deal with PSG.

• John Tudor

Jan 31, 2013 at 4:44 PM

so thats it no more buisness it will be uphill struggle you watch well thats my opinion

• TorqToon

Jan 31, 2013 at 4:45 PM

Monasyr – I’m no ITK my friend. Not even close.

• MacToon

Jan 31, 2013 at 4:45 PM

J4A, 5 months lol, by that time he might be able to say goodbye in French too!

• Unbelievable Tekkers

Jan 31, 2013 at 4:46 PM

Ben – 2028 lol that’s commitment…i usually get bored after a few seasons and give up. I’m looking forward to Fifa 14 when the clowns at EA realise that Sissoko is better than a 75. Cabaye’s rating needs to go up a bit as well.

• peasngravy

Jan 31, 2013 at 4:47 PM

Lol JFA I meant regarding the Toon eg Pea?

• ONLINE GUY

Jan 31, 2013 at 4:48 PM

Torq

There’s a few messages for you you might have missed on previous page ,,near comment #279 or so give or take. Cheers mate.

• monasnyr99

Jan 31, 2013 at 4:49 PM

Fair enough, too may reports saying we are done in the window.

• Ben_BKK

Jan 31, 2013 at 4:49 PM

Ha yeah you always have to do a staff clear out when you join as most of them are rubbish.

I hate how such low-value players have such high asking prices. It definitely seems like the game makes you pay a lot more for players than computer-controlled teams do, which is annoying.

• lewytoon

Jan 31, 2013 at 4:49 PM

I don’t think we’ll sign anyone else now

• Tsunki

Jan 31, 2013 at 4:50 PM

Soooooo…hmmm..welllll………

(coughs )

So then…….. (coughs again).

• geordiefromthemidlands

Jan 31, 2013 at 4:51 PM

Looks like we are done lads. I’m happy great window and only Ba out of the purples. Mf has plenty of goals hba, sissoko, cabaye, marveux,
    Gouffran will surprise us and maybe campbell will be the pacey st we need.
    Optimism. .

• Ben_BKK

Jan 31, 2013 at 4:52 PM

@UT – I’m surprised I’m not bored now lol I’ve won the league every year since about 2013, won the Champs League like 10 years in a row, etc. Had Newcastle build a new 78k capacity stadium which they named after me 😀 I’ve been trying to get a son, which can happen, but no luck yet. But yeah I’m just waiting for the update to FM13 to start on that.

Is Sissoko seriously only 75 on FIFA?? They seriously underrate a lot of players apart from the ‘big’/famous players, or ones that play in England. It’s annoying.

• Jail for Ashley

Jan 31, 2013 at 4:52 PM

Lois Saha just been released, worth a free on pay as you play till the end of the season.

• TorqToon

Jan 31, 2013 at 4:53 PM

Yeah saw something mate. What’s up?

• John Tudor

Jan 31, 2013 at 4:53 PM

doom and gloom a crappy villa side and lucky win does not constitute a revival but i will keep my powder dry till may

• Dannyo

Jan 31, 2013 at 4:54 PM

@Jail
    Saha is no better than Shola mate, no point.

• toonarmydownsouth

Jan 31, 2013 at 4:54 PM

Unbelievable tekkers
    Mate Fifa hate us! They always underate our players, i remember a couple back enrique n carroll were rated at like 73 and 70 until they signed for the bindippers then they were both in the 80’s!!

• MacToon

Jan 31, 2013 at 4:54 PM

We’ve been told no more signings and on the whole it’s been a great window for us but Ba’s going to be a big miss imo and hasn’t really been replaced. It’s a gamble but if the right player wasn’t available then fair enough.

Cisse will hopefully continue to score lots and Gouffron will contibute too and I can see more goals from mf aswell.
    If we rely on Shola then we’ll be stuffed.
    Considering we’re still in Europe I’d have expected another forward in tbh.

• ONLINE GUY

Jan 31, 2013 at 4:56 PM

Think Redknapp, after moaning about QPR paying over the odds for players ..Is now doing the same thing ! what a hippo ..He sent Portsmouth down the road to bankruptcy

Look ‘s like QPR are his next project.

He’s a Newcastle Hater you know .and I have proof of that.

• Unbelievable Tekkers

Jan 31, 2013 at 4:56 PM

Ben – lol that made me laugh waiting for a son. Yeah Fifa does some stupid ratings at times. They have sissoko at 75 cabaye at 81 and M’vila at 82? They also have Messi at 96 and Ronaldo at only 93. I think Messi is better but not by that much.

• Ben_BKK

Jan 31, 2013 at 4:56 PM

TADS – yeah we’re always underrated, whereas players at the big clubs are always rated really highly. It’s only the most recent FIFA where our players are starting to get recognition, Cabaye, HBA, Cisse and Ba were all in 80s iirc, I think Colo is too.

• Jail for Ashley

Jan 31, 2013 at 4:57 PM

As much as I wouldn’t have minded Danny Graham for a stop gap is he really any better than Leon Best, so to have sold one second rate striker for 3M to buy another for 5, wouldn’t have made much sense.

• Ben_BKK

Jan 31, 2013 at 4:58 PM

UT – it’s possible mate, after like 15 or so seasons there’s a chance you get a son that turns up in your youth team when you announce the new intake, he has the same last name as you (not as obvious if you have a common name lol) and has you as favoured personnel. It’s the last achievement I need on FM 😀

• JAMSHA

Jan 31, 2013 at 4:58 PM

Ben_BKK

2nd season.with.sissko.on.fifa 13 nw his 83 😛 hope to get on.to 90… 2nd season n.close to 2nd epl.trophy

• TorqToon

Jan 31, 2013 at 4:59 PM

Jail – Id rather have kept Besty to be honest. Always have his all. But in fairness to the lad – he wanted more game time so had to move on.

• Jail for Ashley

Jan 31, 2013 at 4:59 PM

BKK,
    Dont Sony or Xbox have a specialised blog to share your thoughts.

• BelfastMagpie

Jan 31, 2013 at 5:00 PM

Nice speech Mactoon. Preparing that one for a while were we ?

• ONLINE GUY

Jan 31, 2013 at 5:00 PM

Why does Redknapp keep on commenting on our player’s ?

He tried to disrupt our dressing room ,,so to speak,,on Monday ..with his comment’s What a nasty sly individual he is .

• Dannyo

Jan 31, 2013 at 5:02 PM

Carroll evidently wasn’t replaced by Ba the summer he came in. Which player was the better one again?
    Let’s not say “Ba hasn’t been replaced”, until we can actually see the product of it?

• Ben_BKK

Jan 31, 2013 at 5:02 PM

Jail – I didn’t realise you were back 😛 No one else was talking about much, and there’s not exactly any signings coming in.

1 2 3 8