Class Act Demba Ba Thanks Fans For Support After Broken Nose

Much like returning striker Andy Carroll last year with Liverpool, when we hammered Liverpool 2-0,  Demba Ba came with his new Chelsea team yesterday, and they were defeated 3-2, and poor Demba Ba had to go off with what looked like a  badly broken nose – even after he tried to carry on.

demba ba - broken nose

Demba Ba – in pain with a broken nose yesterday

When Demba left the field in the first half, there were some boos but some applause too, as Geordie fans remembered the great 29 goals he scored  in the black and white shirt of Newcastle United.

And on his twitter account after the game, he thanked fans  for the good wishes, as he tweeted this:

“I thanks all the real fans for the nice messages i receive. And to all the haters….may god bless you!!! ;- good night.”

And while a lot of those fans will be Chelsea fans – there will be quite a few from Newcastle,  who will have wished the Senegal striker all the best.

We should also see Demba Ba playing in one of those face  masks to protect the nose  – if he is to keep playing while the nose mends – but he’ll be out a while with the injury.

Demba Ba is a good guy – and for one reason or the other – we couldn’t hang on to him – but he was great for Newcastle United when he was at the club, and he even thanked the Newcastle fans for their support, when he left the club on January 4th.

We’d like to think that we move on – and think back on some of the great goals Ba scored for Newcastle United – in the short time he was at the club.

After all, he was simply great when he was at Newcastle – fact!

Howay The Lads!!

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 us on Google+:

You can also reach Ed at admin@nufcblog.com

=============================================

• Spuggy

Feb 3, 2013 at 9:43 AM

Plays on ipad iphone too as it’s not flash based.

• Tsunki

Feb 3, 2013 at 9:44 AM

Ibiza that smiley gun must be running out by now.

😀

• Burni

Feb 3, 2013 at 9:46 AM

I was bitterly disappointed to hear our fans boo demba after what he did for us. I don’t care that he left when we were struggling. Who wouldn’t go to a more consistent team who pay better money? I was disappointed that his first trip ended up with him getting howked in the face and the reaction of some of the toon fans, jeering him and that, was, in my opinion, shocking.

But having said that. What a game eh? I had us written off at 1-2. But aye sissoko motm. Closely followed by gouffran and Jonas. Then cabs and santon. What a performance what a win just a bit sour the whole demba thing

• toon1707

Feb 3, 2013 at 9:47 AM

I don’t really care if he thanks us or not he moved on to a better team that we beat yesterday ha ha i love it and we have moved on so don’t care one bit anymore about what a Chelsea player has to say only bothered about my team and my players

• Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand

Feb 3, 2013 at 9:48 AM

Tsunki….I can see where you may think that, but no 😉

• Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand

Feb 3, 2013 at 9:51 AM

Cheers Prodigy….Going to check that out as I missed the first half and most of the second half as Krul to be Kind and I decided I was carrying a curse yesterday.

• veto

Feb 3, 2013 at 9:51 AM

was gutted to hear the boo boys have a go , demba is still our leading goalscorer this season , and yes we did offer hima new improved contract , but the euro champions doubled it , nobody would knock that back

• JAMSHA

Feb 3, 2013 at 9:53 AM

SORY BA… ITS UR FAULT… EVERY PLAYERS THAT LEAVE NEWCASTLE NEVER LAST FOR LONG 😛

• Newcastle Brown Alien

Feb 3, 2013 at 9:55 AM

sorry we put your NOSE out of joint, but FACE it, we are doing better without you

• Abbott

Feb 3, 2013 at 9:57 AM

Its so much more obvious we are better without the selfishness play of Demba. He only wanted to get the goals for himself and never linked up good with Cisse.

In just two games Cissi is linking up very good with some totally new players like Gouffran. Its suddenly a team effort instead of Demba getting the odd goal…

I would take a team player like Gouffran any day of the week compared to a selfish player like Demba.

• Toon-Prodigy

Feb 3, 2013 at 9:58 AM

Ibiza,

No probs. Carrying a curse haha?

Still buzzing from yesterday, thankgod we have turned a corner. That was one very low spell. Positivity is key.

Sissoko, what a player. I’v never seen ashley cole burnt like that. Dont think he believed it himself haha

• JAMSHA

Feb 3, 2013 at 9:58 AM

GET WELL.SOON BA…N HOPE NXT TIME U NEVER COME BACK AT SJP… 🙁 OR U MIGHT GET ANOTHER

• DaveD1000

Feb 3, 2013 at 9:58 AM

My cheeks are killing me from this stupid grin that has been on my face since yesterday…..

• NEWEXPATMAGPIE

Feb 3, 2013 at 10:00 AM

I would prefer it if we handled our ex- players in a completely different way.

Let me give you an example:

In the Dutch league, if a player is sold even to a rival hated opponent, he is mostly brought back and paraded before a match. There is normally a speech thanking the player and wishing him luck with his future career and success with his new Club ! ( But not against us )!

Compare this , if you will with the scenes yesterday afternoon when BA returned to try and continue, after the nurse had to put his face back in place on the side of the park!

I know which scenario i prefer !!!!

I sometimes get ashamed at the mentality of some of my fellow Mags!

• Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand

Feb 3, 2013 at 10:01 AM

Prodigy…Well we were winning when I started watching, within in minutes Lampard got his goal and then Mata, so I walked out to get my cigarettes and we got one back. So off went the stream.

I did give up though and turned it back on about a minute before Sisokkos second, so I wont be putting myself through the whole ordeal again.

• bollance

Feb 3, 2013 at 10:03 AM

Was Ashley at the game yesterday?

• AS MAGS

Feb 3, 2013 at 10:04 AM

Any truth in the rumour that S.Taylor got a kicking in Whitley bay last night.

• bollance

Feb 3, 2013 at 10:05 AM

For the wisecracks. Mike Ashley. Not Ashley cole.

• jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew

Feb 3, 2013 at 10:05 AM

NEWEXPATMAGPIE…you only have to go two threads back and you’ll encounter people justifying Colo’s challenge on Ba, just because Ramires wasn’t booked or red carded for the two footed tackle on Guti!

…I honestly don’t want to be a part of this (it’s unbelievable)

• bollance

Feb 3, 2013 at 10:05 AM

Ashley cole is still in sissokos pocket after that powerhouse run

• Tino asprilla

Feb 3, 2013 at 10:09 AM

I was at the game yesterday and for the first 10 mins i thought obertan was playin brilliant loadsa effort from him he had the lot, THEN, i seen a number 11 on his back ha ha

• JAMSHA

Feb 3, 2013 at 10:10 AM

FROM WEN DID ESPN TURN FOX SPORTS????

• Newcastle for alltid

Feb 3, 2013 at 10:11 AM

I don’t think it was unfair to him that our fans booed him. Leaving in the middle of a struggling season is hardly popular, as it’s obvious that he cared more for his own career and money, rather than Newcastle United.
    That being said, I felt genuinely sorry for him when he lumped of he pitch, his nose clearly broken, and fans booed him. It’s important to remember where we would have been in the table without his goals – probably at the very bottom.
    I still think it’s a blessing in disguise that he left though. I think a chain of events started when he left, we failed to sign Remy for a lot of money (injured yesterday), which again lead us to spend money wisely on 4-5 players. Who knows, if we would’ve gotten Remy, would we sign Sissoko and Gouffran now? Probably not. The football that we play now has been given a new dimension with Sissoko and Gouffran, and I’m sure Yanga-Mbiwa will be a regular after a while. We seem to be able to play on a lot of different strings – high balls and along the ground. We can build our game around raw power, or a nice passing game. It’s been a special window and a special last two games, Jonas scoring and Sissoko proving his worth was just been the icing on the cake. All the emotions that seemed to flow from Jonas after scoring was overwhelming. I’m sure he felt somehow that a huge burden had been lifted from him. Sometimes you just have to sit back and let the footballing world unfold in its brilliant ways. January has been filled with highs and lows, but now I feel as if there are great times coming!

• Pardews Parsnip Bonce

Feb 3, 2013 at 10:12 AM

@bollance benitez has released a statement asking Alan pardew if he can get sissoko to give Cole back from his pocket.

• Toon-Prodigy

Feb 3, 2013 at 10:12 AM

Ibiza,

I’v changed my mind, don’t watch those highlights, we may get beat hahaha 😉

What a crack Demba took, just been watching on match of the day. Dear me, he didn’t miss him like.

• LocalZero

Feb 3, 2013 at 10:14 AM

Still can’t get over how well we played yesterday and so good to have positivity surrounding newcastle again. Some players will rightly get the headlines but I don’t think a team can play like that unless everyone does their job as well or nearly as well as they can. Some dire ‘crosses’ from Jonas but otherwise the number of times he collected it on his chest and played it simple i lost count of. Perch too, breaking up play and making himself available for the simple pass to keep things going. Brilliant.

• Jail for Ashley

Feb 3, 2013 at 10:14 AM

Jesus Christ on a bike Jesper,
    Get over it it’s football, he’s not dead and will probably play next week.

• Jail for Ashley

Feb 3, 2013 at 10:15 AM

Ton Prodigy,
    Cheers for that link, fuskin loved watching that again.

• NEWEXPATMAGPIE

Feb 3, 2013 at 10:15 AM

@21:

Am not sure if your agreeing with me or not? But i believe my way, the Dutch way, has a lot of Class and is a much friendlier way of doing things!

Realistically , though it just aint going to happen, i say we move on as soon as the Media and Benitez will let us?

• Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand

Feb 3, 2013 at 10:16 AM

Just watched the Colo/Ba incident. Yes he took one to the face and I can see why Chelsea may want a penalty, think Colo was fair to it though and wasn’t really that high, as people have been saying Ba went down for the ball.

Hard not to be biased and maybe if it was the other way round I’d be feeling hard done by.

Still, that’s football, life goes on.

• Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand

Feb 3, 2013 at 10:19 AM

So thats Sunday sorted then, endless replays of the highlights.

How was the mood on the blog after the match, did it manage to turn in to a “so and so out” marathon?

• Jail for Ashley

Feb 3, 2013 at 10:19 AM

Newexmag,
    If you weren’t at the game you will find it hard to get sucked in by the atmosphere, Demba Ba wasn’t getting any applause where I was sitting, the ‘real’ fans I think he was refering to were the deathly quiet blue ones in the Leazez end.

• tequilamag

Feb 3, 2013 at 10:19 AM

On another day Colo could have been sent off but I did not see any intent on Colos part to hurt Ba. Not going to complain that we got a decision going our way. Shame to see Ba booed though, without his goals we would be bottom 3 without a doubt.

• Toon-Prodigy

Feb 3, 2013 at 10:20 AM

Jail,

No probs.

Think everyone on MOTD was impressed with our new lad Sissoko. Great to watch. What a start he’s had. Well exceeded my expectations.

• toonarmydownsouth

Feb 3, 2013 at 10:20 AM

Jesper
    Ramires was booked mate,
    No ones justifying it, there pointing out that rafa should shut the fcuk up because his lad should of walked to, so the decision wasnt as pivitol as he is suggesting
    Secondly, if you are going to compare them, ramires is a late dangerous tackle in which he has left the ground and come two footed onto jonas’s standing leg, when you jump like that yoy mean it theres genuine intent
    Colo was ball watching and made a complete hash of the clearence, its not an intentional challenge

• valle

Feb 3, 2013 at 10:22 AM

Listen, ex players get boo’ed. Just the way of things and fair enough if you ask me. You dont support opposing players, and he chose to be an opposing player. I would have liked us to show a bit of sympathy when he finally wendt off though, as they boo’s seemed a bit much at that point. The things is though, that some players like Sir. Les who was loved by the fans still got an applause when he wendt on and then got boo’ed when he got the ball. Why did he get an applause? Because the fans realized that this was a descent bloke who didnt leave because he was gold diggin. Ba might have scored goals for us, but he is nowhere near Sir Les on the other parts. It was obvious to most fans that he was playing for himself and that top dollar move all season. Scoring goals, yes, but refusing to play Cisse even when he was free for a goalden chance.

• LocalZero

Feb 3, 2013 at 10:22 AM

Maybe losing Ba was a blessing in some ways… at least for that game. I think we’d have still been trying to play both him and Cisse and the balance of the team would have been wrong. Now we look like a proper team. On current form Ba might have scored where Cisse didn’t but at least Cisse is hitting the target especially at the Reading game where he was unlucky. He’s due a brace soon.

• Toon-Prodigy

Feb 3, 2013 at 10:24 AM

Ibiza,

I popped in during the match but was out celebrating last night. There was plenty to be cheerful about!

Alot of people were slating Pardew and jonas before the game. Then up stepped Jonas with a goal. Was hilarious in here.

Its all good banter!