Newcastle A Great Club – I Couldn’t Be Happier – Sissoko

The new hero on Tyneside has been interviewed on nufcTV after the game yesterday – and while her spoke in French – we have been impressed with both Yohan Cabaye and Papiss Cisse who have given interviews in the last week and their English is already very good.

moussa sissoko scores

Moussa Sissoko – after scoring winner yesterday

Sissoko is getting all the plaudits today – following a phenomenal performance form the 23 year-old yesterday – and this lad is fast becoming a huge fan favorite with the Newcastle fans, and what he has said on nufcTV will only enhance that.

Sissoko talked to nufcTV and Rob Scanlon, and this is some of what he said in this interview.

“I gave 100 per cent, the very best I could.” “I was signed to do that, to give everything, to fight from the first to the 90th minute – that’s what I try to do.” “I’m very happy today but we can’t forget that it was a team performance.”

“The team worked together. I played well but it’s a team effort.” “We came away with three points as a team and I hope we can continue to perform like that and continue to climb up the Premier League as high as possible.”

“It was a fantastic afternoon.” “Two goals and three points against Chelsea – a fantastic team – in front of a full-house, who supported us fantastically this afternoon. I couldn’t be happier.” “I’ve never had so much encouragement and support.”

“I always said I wanted to come to England to play in the Premier League and witness this sort of support.” “I’m delighted to be here at Newcastle. This is a great club and I hope we can continue to have fantastic games like that and continue to do well.”

Moussa also said that for the final goal it was Davide Santon who did all the work – Davide had two great assists yesterday – and Moussa says he just had to tap and ball into the back of the net,  and Rob Scanlon asked him if he had a Twitter account – since fans had been asking – but he said he didn’t have one.

Moussa has walked around the City center sinc esigning 9 days ago fr Newcatsle – and fans have come up to him for his autograph – but after yesterday’s performance he may be mobbed by delighted Newcastle fans – if he’s sighted in the City center next week. 😀

Moussa comes over as a humble lad – and he talked all about the team – and not his individual performance – but what a player he is – and it makes it even better when he seems to just love Newcastle United Football Club.

Howay The Lads!!

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 us on Google+:

You can also reach Ed at admin@nufcblog.com

=============================================

• macdonaldtudor

Feb 3, 2013 at 11:02 AM

Superstar allround

• Jail for Ashley

Feb 3, 2013 at 11:03 AM

Repost.
    Ibiza,It is very easy to get wires crossed if you havent read previous posts, I have apologized so we’ll leave it at that, on yesterday, who managed to slag off Pards for something and have we seen Catchy since our back to back wins, he must be gutted.

• Jail for Ashley

Feb 3, 2013 at 11:05 AM

Check,
    Can’t understand that either, never left a game early since about ten of us left at half time at 0-4 down against Troyes.

• check the toastie

Feb 3, 2013 at 11:06 AM

My god this lad is a worldy.

Repost – yesterdays ground report.

After we equalised the atmosphere was superb and unbelievably some people were leaving on 85/86 minutes, i mean in a game like that, trying to beat the traffic, amazing, there was plenty their 10 minutes after the whistle as Cabaye, Goofy and Sissoko did a lap of honour getting clapped by the crowd, Perchy, Saylor Timmy and Santon all stayed on the pitch for some time getting the applause of the crowd, it was just superb.

No better place to play football, this club could be on the cusp of something big, please Big Mike keep that investment going, we may break our trophy hoodoo. If Cisse was on form we could have beat them by 4 yesterday, that is some team we now have.

Special mention for Saylor, for me he is more important than Collo, and if Mbiwa does start it is the skipper who should make way.

Jail – you enjoy the mental corner, looked good fun, love Cabs and Santon always clapping the fans. Super world class players we have. Hope Pardew keeps the aggressive tactics and positive teams. Still would like to see Marv for Jonas, the boy is a special player.

Saylor nearly jumped into the crowd at the final whistle eh, great stuff.

• Big Pappa Cissé

Feb 3, 2013 at 11:06 AM

What a guy. Re watching the highlights for a tenth time as we speak 😉

• toonarmydownsouth

Feb 3, 2013 at 11:08 AM

Ibiza
    But no one is saying that, thats why i havent a clue what jesp is on about! All ive said us i can see why the ref didnt give a pen or a red and why didnt MOTD show both incidents, thats not justifying, thats not comparing the 2 thats simply saying if you show one contriversial moment you have to show the other
    For me the luckiest man not to walk was cisse tbh!

Tequila
    Goofy has been do impressive in his 2 games here great pace great strength he’s great with the ball at his feet and the boy has some skill

• check the toastie

Feb 3, 2013 at 11:11 AM

Already looking forward to Southampton, would just go gung ho and try and beat them by 4 goals.

……………………Krul……………………..
    Debuchy..Saylor..Collo/Mbiwa…Santon
    ………………Cabaye…..Sissoko……….
    ………Marv……..Ben10………..Goofy..
    …………………….Cisse…………………..

Check that team out, oh my god, is it Barcelona ive just put up, cant wait for the Mackem game, they are shite and we are going to give them one hell of a beating.

• wolfshead@toon

Feb 3, 2013 at 11:12 AM

santon is starting to grow the new maldini?

• toonarmydownsouth

Feb 3, 2013 at 11:13 AM

Check
    Never understood why people ever leave matches early makes no sense win lose or draw, anything can happen in football!!!

• Jail for Ashley

Feb 3, 2013 at 11:13 AM

Check loved it,
    The two lads either side of me took my phone number and are going to bell me when they know a spare is coming up around them, only down side of the day is I left my hipflask in the pub and I locked myself into my porch for about half an hour as I dropped my keys into a shoe.

• check the toastie

Feb 3, 2013 at 11:14 AM

TADS – you are right there about Cisse, dont like Terry however he didnt make anything of that and it looked bad enough for Webb to get red out of his pocket for sure.

Watching Goals on Sunday, bet you they show Ramires tackle, waiting for the debate.

• beddersmag

Feb 3, 2013 at 11:14 AM

I hate it when players come here and are amazed by the atmosphere and support ‘in england’ as they might think they could get this anywhere in the premier league. What they need to understand is that we are unique and the best fans in the world. Then they would know to stay forever 🙂

• Honoured2BNUFC

Feb 3, 2013 at 11:16 AM

Ashley Cole “I got him, I got him …oh my god he’s blitzed me!!!!”

• beddersmag

Feb 3, 2013 at 11:16 AM

Wolfshead

He will need to learn how to defend first mate. Give him time like 🙂

• kilcline

Feb 3, 2013 at 11:17 AM

Loving the buzz that Sissoko and co have bought back to the Toon, so proud to be a toon fan last night!

Would just like to say, that Sissoko was always going to be the best signing but wait until Mbiwa starts playing every week, this lad is going to be a French International Centre back for the next 10 years.

We have a great squad, just need Ince and a top striker in the summer 😉

• beddersmag

Feb 3, 2013 at 11:17 AM

Honoured

Is that what cole said? Mint.:-)

Anything else on the subject?

• Tommyy

Feb 3, 2013 at 11:18 AM

It was a moment to behold when he powered past Cole, not everyday you see that.

• Honoured2BNUFC

Feb 3, 2013 at 11:19 AM

Wolfshead-He’s got a hellova long way before he’s compared to the great Maldini-but he’s made a wonderful start.

• Jonas's better than Messi

Feb 3, 2013 at 11:20 AM

He had Ashley Cole, raced passed him, brilliant moment.
    He’s like Obertan with a brain and muscles.

• Lilongwe Geordie

Feb 3, 2013 at 11:21 AM

First time I’ve been on since the game yesterday. Outstanding. I think the most pleasing thing for me was the fact we fought to come back when they went 2-1 up. Given our recent form, and results, going behind could have seen heads drop and them give up. Huge credit goes to all at the club for the spirit in the group.

It makes me wonder how much of our poor form was down to players feeling deflated at the lack of in-comings, none more so then Cabaye who has an added spring in his step since the arrival of Debuchy.

Onwards and upwards for this side. My only worry is Cisse failing to take some of his chances. Hopefully he will click soon.

Bring on Spurs, hopefully Togo continue in the AfCON and Defoe stays injured for our game. The centre of midfield looks more than a match for any premier league team, and I’d go as far to say that Tiote, Cabaye, Sissoko Anita and Perch are better than any other premiership teams group of centre midfielders when the opposition and our own are on form.

• Jail for Ashley

Feb 3, 2013 at 11:21 AM

Kilcline,
    New signings excite the crowd and lift the team, hopefully Mashley has seen this and we can all look forward to a summer where all our favourites are kept the deadwood shipped out and two or three more quality players are signed.

• Taking the Papiss

Feb 3, 2013 at 11:21 AM

Here to eat a little bit of humble pie. Although I always backed Pards 100% and made that clear on this blog and was keen on bringing Sissoko in, having watched Toulouse regularly for the last two seasons I didn’t think Sissoko could have this impact. He has been, without doubt their second best central midfielder (after Etienne Capoue) for the last few years and I didn’t think that he was capable of this sort of impact although it was clear he was a good player suitd to the premier league.

Now here is the crux of the issue- Pardew’s brilliant tactics have led to this. Moussa played deep a lot of the time for Toulouse and even though he got forward was never deployed as this sort of an attacking midfielder. Turns out he is ideally suited to the role and the plaudits for playing him there (many would argue out of position) have to go to Pardew. It would have been easy to drop sissoko deep and push cabaye up however this works much better. It gives cabaye more time on the ball to spray it around and allows moussa to impose himself physically.

The whole situation really reminds of Fellaini. He was a defensive midfielder at first for Everton and the end of last season/beginning of this was the first time he got pushed up to an attacking midfielder or supporting striker and he has been devestating in that position. I think that we have exactly the same kind of player with Sissoko who has skill, finishing ability, passing ability (far superior to that of Fellaini), power and pace (again much quicker than Fellaini). Played in this position (credit to Pards) he looks like a real star.

• stretchintoon

Feb 3, 2013 at 11:22 AM

I love you sissoko…gizus a kiss x

• check the toastie

Feb 3, 2013 at 11:24 AM

It was amazing when he ran past Cole, i have only seen Yaya who would come close to doing something like that on the pitch.

We now have players to give anyone a game, goofy is a super little player, a true grafter with great technique.

A week is a long time in sport eh.

• toonarmydownsouth

Feb 3, 2013 at 11:25 AM

Check
    Yeah goals on sunday are normally a lot more balanced than MOTD!
    Wouldnt mind seeing us bid a couple of mil for that le fondre pad could do with a super sub!!!

As for the sissoko cole moment, dont think anyones jaw dropped quicker than cole ars3 did! He got eaten alive by sissoko just like ivanovic did on the left when sissoko turned him twice!

• DanRo

Feb 3, 2013 at 11:25 AM

I said during the transfer window I would reserve judgement until it was concluded. Finally, the window has finished I can say that window was a fantastic success. 3 French internationals, real quality in terms of Debuchy, Yanga-Mbiwa and of course Sissoko. I am pleasantly surprised with Gouffran from what I have seen of him since he arrived. I know a few bloggers have expressed concern and frustration that we have not signed any significant striker to support Cisse but overall I am extremely happy with the window.

The support of the club and the owner in a dire situation was fantastic. The signings should have been made in the summer but lessons were learnt, and learnt quickly. I am not a lover nor a hater of the manager but I am delighted the club did not take the easy option of sacking the manager. As I have said countless times before continuity breeds success.

Regarding yesterday’s game the team played with commitment, quality and expression. More shots, more corners, more chances and crucially more goals than Chelsea. Each player played their part in the win and the players deserve the undoubted praise that will come their way.

Confidence is a huge aspect in a football team and the rejuvenated confidence of the team has transformed Newcastle. Long may it continue.

What a difference 5 days makes.

• Tommyy

Feb 3, 2013 at 11:28 AM

You know how positive things are squad wise now that Mbiwa can’t even make the starting line up! Saylor has really fought for his place. We’re yet to see Mbiwa, HBA and Tiote in this set up so it really is exciting times! can’t wait for Ben Arfa with players around him more on his level.

• yorkymag

Feb 3, 2013 at 11:28 AM

Talking the papists
    You are right ,the only time we looked at risk was when at the start of the second half pardew dropped him back as a defensive midfield central 3 ,this invited Chelsea on and the two goals followed
    Some interesting problems for turnip when mr t and benny are back

• check the toastie

Feb 3, 2013 at 11:29 AM

Papiss – nice post, totally agree, i give Pardew great credit for putting him straight in and playing him were he is.

• Black and White with an army lol

Feb 3, 2013 at 11:32 AM

great team, great club, great fans, what more do we need.

COME ON THE TOON

• Jonas's better than Messi

Feb 3, 2013 at 11:36 AM

Should be ahead of the Mackems on 9th Feb.
    After we beat Spurs away and the scum lose at home to Arsenal.

Then the universe will feel as it should.

• Lilongwe Geordie

Feb 3, 2013 at 11:36 AM

Yorky
    For me Benny comes into the team, in place of Guti. Maybe not next week as he won’t have had much training, but the following match. Tiote will have to be patient, Perch hasn’t done much wrong so would be unfair to not play him. Anita can feel slightly hard done to, as he was looking our best player prior to the return to fitness of Cabaye and Sissoko’s arrival.

• DanRo

Feb 3, 2013 at 11:36 AM

Coming back from 2-1 down with less than 25 minutes was massive for confidence and belief.
    I think the stat that has been branded about was Newcastle had not achieve this feat for 27 months?
    In the forthcoming games until the end of season; it will interesting to see if indeed we do go behind whether we have more belief to fight back, after yesterday’s showing I have more hope.

• Bambams

Feb 3, 2013 at 11:37 AM

Ed… Need to change the Header Photo fella…..

Sissoko did very well yesterday, but i hope fans dont put too much pressure on him expecting performances like that every week. He will still need time to settle in.

Thought Santoon did very well also and Debuchy looks like he will be a very good fullback.

pards has singled out Sissoko, hope he does not overdo this as the whole team put in a very good display!

Wonder where Tiote will play when he comes back?

• Fostino

Feb 3, 2013 at 11:38 AM

krul

debuchy mbiawa colo santon

tiote cabaye
    sissoka
    ben afra gourfran
    cisse

i reckon this is best 11

marv & s taylor are very unlucky to miss out

• check the toastie

Feb 3, 2013 at 11:39 AM

Every player on our team now has composure on the ball (not so much Jonas), so when we pick it up in tight spots we try and keep it rather than hoofing it, the 2nd and 3rd goals were based on our defenders bringing the ball out and distributing it rather than just whacking it long to Ba and Shola, was pleased i didnt see Shola come on yesterday, that was another major plus point, we kept passing and probing, which resulted in the goal.

Pardew is taking the plaudits now as good players make good managers, we should have done better this year for sure, he isnt off the hook yet old Parsnip.

• Jail for Ashley

Feb 3, 2013 at 11:40 AM

DanRo,
    I too said I would reserve judgement until the window was closed, I think nearly everyone pretty much agrees that more should have been done in the summer, it wasn’t and we have to move on hopefully Mashley has learned from his mistakes and it won’t happen again, although it was a fantastic window I can’t hide my disappointment that even if a significant striker wasn’t brought in it would have been nice to know that if anythings happens to Cisse that somebody on the bench who could come in and at least do a job.

• bollance

Feb 3, 2013 at 11:41 AM

Ba sale paid for sissoko and gouffran

• Lilongwe Geordie

Feb 3, 2013 at 11:42 AM

Fostino,
    I think for the most part that is right. But I would play Saylor with Mbiwa or Colo. His passion and the willingness to sacrifice his body for the cause is unbelievable. That block with his nuts/midriff at the end was just as valuable as any goal.

• APBWA

Feb 3, 2013 at 11:42 AM

Very pleased that we play Metalist home leg without a match on the weekend after that, so we will see a strong team out for this game at least. If we can take a 2 goal advantage to the ukraine we could always rest the likes of sissoko, cisse, cabaye, coloccini etc so they are fit and ready for the southampton game at home.

Team for metalist (h)