The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!

In My Wildest Dreams I Couldn’t Have Imagined That – Sissoko

11:03 am, Monday, February 4th, 2013 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 26 Comments

There’s no doubt that Moussa Sissoko is the new hero on Tyneside – and after giving a lot of interviews after the fantastic 3-2 win against European Champions Chelsea at St. James’ Park on Saturday, Moussa has been interviewed again today in the local papers.

mopussa sissoko winning goal cheslea

Pandemonium after Newcastle winning goal at the death on Saturday
Moussa Sissoko’s there – the hero of Newcastle – what a game – what a win!

Moussa said that Saturday was one of the best moments of his career – so far:

“It is up there with my best moments of my career.” “I’m not sure if it is quite the best yet.” “But to score on my home debut and get a brace against the European champions Chelsea and come away with three points is absolutely fantastic.”

“Even in my wildest dreams I couldn’t have imagined that! I’m happy to come away with the victory.” “We now have the confidence to go on and win more games.” “In France I would go home and celebrate by spending time with my family.”

“My family are in France now so I spent time in the hotel. I got some rest and had a quick drink just to celebrate with the team.” “Since I arrived I said we could really move up the league table. We can finish in a much better position.” “Now we’ve had two victories since I’ve been here and that’s fantastic.”

“But we must not get too complacent. It isn’t going to be easy, it will probably be even harder. It’s something we’re ready for and we’ll keep battling.” “I signed and knew full well the position Newcastle were in. But I wasn’t too worried, I knew there had been some injuries.”

“The second half is going to be very different. Along with the new signings we’ve made bringing a boost to the team I am happy to bring positives and strengths to the team. We hope to continue do well.”

If Sissoko’s form in the last two games is anything to go by, then this lad will have a lot more great moments in his career at Newcastle United, and he could well be one of the players who helps lead Newcastle United back to new glory days in the future.

That’s what we are hoping for, and the two excellent performances in the last two games give us a lot of hope that we can do just that with the squad we now have on Tyneside.

Howay The Lads!

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 us on Google+:

You can also reach Ed at admin@nufcblog.com

=============================================

Tags: Moussa Sissoko · Newcastle News · Premier League

26 responses so far ↓

• 1 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Feb 4, 2013 at 11:08 AM

Ed playing Favourites with Moussa….get a room :)

P.S. Sure you’re working on it already, but how’s the new banner going?

• 2 AMEOBI // Feb 4, 2013 at 11:10 AM

Its magic you knowww, you’ll never get past Sissokooo!

• 3 Imzky // Feb 4, 2013 at 11:17 AM

Sissokoooooooo!!!! This guy is too good to be true. I mean joining us when we were really struggling says a ton about him. Cant wait for the spurs game!

• 4 mondziu // Feb 4, 2013 at 11:18 AM

I keep reading people’s comments and even Ed’s post said, that we have the 2nd leg at St James’ against Metalist. But isn’t it the advantage for group winners to have? Don’t we play the first leg at home due to our finishing 2nd in the group stage?

• 5 Transfer Sage // Feb 4, 2013 at 11:19 AM

It’s got so quiet here since the transfer window shut.

• 6 TorqToon // Feb 4, 2013 at 11:19 AM

I’m with Ibiza on this – I know it’s Monday ed and I know we beat the European champions on Saturday…but where’s our new banner?? ;-)

Sage – well I promise to go into overdrive now and scout France for the best I can find – flashing the keyring to all whom I meet! However the rep of Newcastle Utd was sky high in France BEFORE the villa game – you can imagine what it’s like now!!

• 7 Transfer Sage // Feb 4, 2013 at 11:20 AM

mondziu

we play the home leg 1st on the 14th of Feb.

• 8 wolfshead@toon // Feb 4, 2013 at 11:20 AM

soko is as good as viera and looks like him too

• 9 TorqToon // Feb 4, 2013 at 11:21 AM

Mond – Yes mate. It’s first leg at home and second leg away. The disadvantage being we don’t ‘complete’ the fixture in front of our own fans.

• 10 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Feb 4, 2013 at 11:21 AM

Mondziu….You’re right, we play at SJP first and then away in the 2nd leg.

So as strong a line up as possible at home and then assess what we need to do in the away leg with Southampton in mind. Sounds good enough to me.

• 11 Mund30 // Feb 4, 2013 at 11:21 AM

True True Ed when you going to change the banner, everytime i see a thread now i always check the banner want to get our new boys up there and they rightly deserve to be.

• 12 rainrix // Feb 4, 2013 at 11:21 AM

@3… You must have misread. Ed did say we have the 2nd leg away and the 1st at home as has everyone else.

• 13 Transfer Sage // Feb 4, 2013 at 11:22 AM

torq

Brilliant work.That’s what I want to hear.

• 14 hdavid23 // Feb 4, 2013 at 11:22 AM

off topic, but after watching the Superbowl, i cant help but think that the Premier League should introduce the playoffs with the final taking place in a different stadium every year, it would bring a hell of a lot of money to the league… they should also have an East-West all star game, what do u think?

• 15 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Feb 4, 2013 at 11:22 AM

Torq…I feel let down by Ed, where is his commitment?

Team is doing well, so the pressure is on him now. Not saying I want Ed out yet, but I’ll be keeping a watchful eye on him :)

• 16 Transfer Sage // Feb 4, 2013 at 11:24 AM

hdavid

It defeats the object of a league if you have play offs for the final. Could have a team with 20/30 less points winning the league.

• 17 Transfer Sage // Feb 4, 2013 at 11:26 AM

hdavid

unless you have it as an extra and brand it as some sort of ‘super trophy’ then it could be interesting to have but I don’t think teams would take it seriously.

• 18 rainrix // Feb 4, 2013 at 11:26 AM

hdavid… No what works for the muricans doesn’t necessarily mean it’ll work for us. I doubt anyone would want the old league system thrown away after 125 years of it working. Although i do like the idea of an all star match, perhaps north teams vs south for charity.

• 19 hdavid23 // Feb 4, 2013 at 11:27 AM

Transfer Sage,
    yes but it could also mean that someone other than MU, Chelsea and City win the league, which hasn’t happened for a looooooong time

• 20 hdavid23 // Feb 4, 2013 at 11:29 AM

Rainrix,
    and the build-up to that all star game could be a youth game, where kids could catch the eyes of bigger teams, that would be a great opportunity for them i think

• 21 Transfer Sage // Feb 4, 2013 at 11:29 AM

Hdavid

What I would like to see is the champions league replaced with a league of say 8 teams. The best 8 in europe. Thats 16 games a season for those teams, not too much more than a successful champions league run.

That way you get man utd v barca every year or real madrid vs juventus etc.

Then have the europa league scrapped and play a champions league style tournament where the winner gets into the european league and the bottom team drops out.

• 22 Transfer Sage // Feb 4, 2013 at 11:30 AM

hdavid

Well it would get a different winner but it wouldn’t be fair really.

You want to see the best team over the 38 games win the trophy. You have the FA and league cup to see other teams win a trophy.

• 23 hdavid23 // Feb 4, 2013 at 11:33 AM

Transfer Sage,
    well, you’re right that it wouldn’t be fair, also like that Super League idea, don’t know if teams all around Europe would accept it tho, even if they play only 2 or 4 matches, that brings them some good money

• 24 Transfer Sage // Feb 4, 2013 at 11:40 AM

It would be good and I’m sure these big clubs would be up for it, there is always talk of a super league in europe, it is 13 or 16 teams involved in the talks all the time?

Either way if they need more than 8 you could always have 16 teams an play each other only once. Just luck of the draw who you get home or away.

• 25 hdavid23 // Feb 4, 2013 at 11:47 AM

haven’t heard of it before, but would definitely welcome that league, some cracking games those would be

• 26 TorqToon // Feb 4, 2013 at 11:59 AM

Have you say, with all the talk lately being for Moussa Sissoko (and rightly so), just feel a mention should go out to Davide Santon.

He has been superb last fortnight – and in reality, over the season, he rightly has been recalled into the Italy squad, he has come on leaps and bounds this past year or so and is becoming somebody who is a lynchpin in our side,

previous post: Pardew – Chelsea Game My Best Ever – We Must Keep Winning