The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!

Sissoko – Team-Mates And Manager Have Been Fantastic

9:40 am, Monday, February 4th, 2013 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 33 Comments

Newcastle’s new hero Moussa Sissoko has again talked to the local papers today – and has said how his team-mates have helped him big time since he signed a week last Friday, and the French International has now given two stalwart performances in the middle of the park for Newcastle at Aston Villa and at home to Chelsea on Saturday – two games that Newcastle have won, and we are now 6 points above the relegation zone.

moussa sissoko scores chelsea

Moussa Sissoko – fantastic game on Saturday

In the interviews Moussa has given since he arrived on Tyneside – Newcastle must be doing a lot of things right these days, because he has praised the club, the players and the manager – Alan Pardew –  who seems to have handled all the new arrivals with consummate man-management skills.

This is what Sissoko said today:

“When I signed I knew full well the position Newcastle were in but I didn’t have any fears.” “The first half of the season Newcastle had a lot of injury problems and they couldn’t perhaps put out the full team they wanted to.”

“In the second half of the season it’s going to be very different with the new signings bringing a boost to the team. I’m very happy to be here. We’re going to play to our strengths, do as well as we can and finish the season as high as we possibly can.”

“I simply wanted to celebrate this goal with my team-mates.” “Ever since I’ve arrived they’ve been absolutely fantastic with me. They’ve helped me, supported me, encourage me and I just wanted to go out and thank them.”

“I can only thank the manager, too, for saying those nice words about me. Since I arrived here he’s always told me what he expects of me.” “He’s told me he’s seen a lot of me previously in France.” ” He said he knew I’d succeed if I continue playing like that.”

“I told him I’ll do my best in each and every match so I don’t let him down and he just basically congratulated me.” “He told me to continue playing like this and I’ll be a fantastic success in the Premier League. I thanked him.”

“The public supported me 100% all the way through – each match I play in I try to give 100%. I’m absolutely delighted with the support. I work hard.”

Newcastle will be trying to end up as high as we can in the league table by the end of May, and we now have 27 points from our 25 games – but our goal difference is hopeless at -11.

Hopefully we can finish a lot higher up than our current 15th position in the league – and wins is what will allow us to do that – and Moussa Sissoko – of course. :D

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 us on Google+:

You can also reach Ed at admin@nufcblog.com

=============================================

Tags: Moussa Sissoko · Newcastle News · Premier League

33 responses so far ↓

• 1 yo-yo // Feb 4, 2013 at 9:43 AM

Jail for Ashley writing funny one liners on this blog is too good for Ashley

• 2 Transfer Sage // Feb 4, 2013 at 9:44 AM

The guy has made a great start to his career here. Hopefully he can keep it going over all 6 and a half years on his contract and become a legend for the club.

I’ve been impressed with all players we have signed from what I have seen.

• 3 eaststandgeordie1982 // Feb 4, 2013 at 9:47 AM

Couple more wins and we will be sitting well after the spuds game we can get a good run together would like a draw on sat hopefully bale will get injured in training and adebonjour will not make it back in time.

• 4 Grafton83 // Feb 4, 2013 at 9:48 AM

I’m wondering if we can pushn on a little in Europe now. Yes Prem is priority but it would be amazing to get to the later stages of Europa League, if we won it woldn’t we pick up a champions league spot for next year. Might be getting a bit carried away but anything is possible.

• 5 Transfer Sage // Feb 4, 2013 at 9:49 AM

we have some very good games coming up we have a chance of winning.

we only have arsenal, spurs, city and liverpool to play from ‘big’ clubs and I think out of them I only look at man city as a game where we will really struggle.

I think the way we played chelsea we could hold our own against the other 3, not easy, but possible to take 3 points off those sides.

• 6 Shane // Feb 4, 2013 at 9:50 AM

I had a square pizza last night, I kid you not a square pizza! Absolutely baffled me and the missus.

Back to footballing matters how a few new signings can really turn fortunes around for the club. Our first away win and then we do Chelski! Its all looking good lads, 6 points away from the drop now and can only see us crawling further up the table in what remains of the season.

A top half table finish, I’m thinking 6th would be a great achievement. Then, learn from our mistake previous and this time strengthen the team in summer, a new striker is a must, a left midfield and perhaps even another defender!

Viva la tooooooon.

• 7 WWYCD // Feb 4, 2013 at 9:53 AM

I really rate this guy (over the moon when we signed him) but I think Gouffran deserves some plaudits as well, they linked up very well together and switched around a lot

Has Guffran been capped by France yet?

• 8 Jail for Ashley // Feb 4, 2013 at 9:58 AM

Rotunda,
    There was a good few in the Gallowgate and a lot in the pub.

• 9 eaststandgeordie1982 // Feb 4, 2013 at 9:59 AM

25eaststandgeordie1982 // Feb 4, 2013 at 9:58 AM

Wwycd

Was a great game deffo the best of the season hands down, best signing by a mile think im in love lol. Just goes to show what you can do by getting the right players in, hopefully we can kick on now and push for the top half. Cant wait for the mackems to come here now we will rip them to bits.

• 10 last minute window lies // Feb 4, 2013 at 10:00 AM

Well just watched full re run of saturdays game, and apart from missing a 20 goals a season i have to say we are building up a squad of real quality and full of excitement, i fully believe real good things are on the way , HWTL

• 11 Toon1978 // Feb 4, 2013 at 10:01 AM

Sissoko will be an awesome player for us. We also have Tiote and HBA coming back. We will have Cabaye, HBA, Sissoko, Tiote, Anita, Jonas, Bigirimana, Marveaux, Goufrann and Obertan to pick from and also a few other young lads pushing for a place in Midfield. Real depth now which is good to see. On another note, i wish Footballers could behave themselves when out on the lash so to speak. D.Simpson hitting someone then someone knocking him clean out. What a bloody buffoon. The snidey horrible Mackems are loving it. They must be the nastiest supporters in the epl. If not wishing death and a Toon player OR booing a potential signing because he is a geordie, they are taking great pleasure in seeing daft Simpson knocked clean out. I really hope we teach these wan k ers a lesson up here and put them firmly in their place. Horrible horrible people.

• 12 ~ Phoenix Warrior Perch~ // Feb 4, 2013 at 10:01 AM

@WWYCD

I believe goofy has only played for Under 21’s.
    He sort of reminds me of Lovenkrands, but way better. Hard working player and a smart player. For 1.5mill, he looks like a steal as well.

Not to mention… his comments after both games… flattery is always good :P

• 13 Jail for Ashley // Feb 4, 2013 at 10:03 AM

Grafton, Although I think it would be a great incentive for the two finalists, one automatic one via the playoffs, UEFA don’t seem interested in giving away a couple of CL spots to its lowly rival, although very happy to let all the sh1te that never made it in to the knock outs come and clutter up our fixture list.

• 14 WWYCD // Feb 4, 2013 at 10:03 AM

Eaststand
    Haha me too mate he is top draw thus far. Mackems game will be a good one no doubt…too much to hope for another 4 goal difference? ;)

• 15 eaststandgeordie1982 // Feb 4, 2013 at 10:05 AM

Wwycd

Just 4 im hoping for atleast 7 haha :-)

• 16 WWYCD // Feb 4, 2013 at 10:07 AM

PWP
    That’s a shame hope he keeps playing well for us and gets a call up. I doubt we will see Deschamp at St James to check us out though he doesn’t seem to care for us and hates HBA

• 17 Jail for Ashley // Feb 4, 2013 at 10:07 AM

Eastend,
    I was talking to a mackem mate of mine on Friday night and totally unprovoked went into a rant of how sh1t we were,all the players want away and we’re defo going down, which to me shows he’s clearly sh1tting himself over the game at SJP ;)

• 18 WWYCD // Feb 4, 2013 at 10:09 AM

Eaststand
    Haha am sure we will gift Graham or Johnson a goal be kind to our lads behind enemy lines but after that we might chip in a hattrick or two haha

• 19 TorqToon // Feb 4, 2013 at 10:12 AM

Go from a thread about that big shot idiot Simpson –

…to this lad!!! A truly inspired buy and a future player who will rise to ‘World Class’ status!!

And some people think we got the ‘poorer’ player in Sissoko – when we should’ve gone for Capoue???

Howay..,

• 20 TorqToon // Feb 4, 2013 at 10:17 AM

Yo – On Gouffran – he deserves his shot and HAS DONE for such a long time. The trouble is he isn’t given a shot – So many good French players to compete with.

However I feel he has to be given a shot soon – and considering his country worry about the increased ego that players such as Ribery, Nasri etc bring to the side – Gouffran would be a breath of fresh air.

• 21 Assam Toon // Feb 4, 2013 at 10:18 AM

Our central midfield was excellent even last season, with tiote and cabaye at the core. But we had a comparatively uncertain back up in ryan taylor and perch. What’s heartening now is not just sissoko and cabaye are delivering, but that someone like anita not assured of a sure berth. Tiote, anita, cabaye, sissoko all can pull the strings and we now have an upgraded version of perch. With another good striker or/and a fit and free scoring cisse, I shiver with excitement what a team this could be. And all this without even talking about the magic of ben arfa.

• 22 saxonfenken // Feb 4, 2013 at 10:18 AM

TorqToon
    Again your words are coming true, What you said about Goufrann being a great signing, I thought he was superb.
    As for Sissoko, I must admit tears of joy were running down my face when we signed him

• 23 TorqToon // Feb 4, 2013 at 10:21 AM

Assam – when you look at it, Tiote will come back from ACON and struggle to get his place back.

Perch has done nothing that would merit him being dropped – whereas Tiote can be a liability. How many free kicks has he given away and we’ve conceeded??! We’ve definitely not missed that! It’s nice to know that if he plays – and is poor – we can take him off.

You can’t change the

Gouffran – Sissoko – Guti/Marv

line up – nor can you drop cabs…so it’s perch, Anita and Tiote competing for one spot, with HBA still to come back in.

Seems we are FINALLY putting a ‘squad’ together!

• 24 TorqToon // Feb 4, 2013 at 10:24 AM

Saxon – Morning my friend.

I KNOW I bleeted on and on and ON about how excited I was by the signature of Gouffran, I’m glad he is showing everybody ALREADY how good he is!! And bear in mind – he hasn’t scored for us yet – so people are seeing the bigger picture.

Sissoko was always going to happen…going back to the groundwork we put in during the summer, same for Yanga-Mbiwa.

• 25 noladonna // Feb 4, 2013 at 10:27 AM

just watched that video of simpson asleep in the street hahaha hes never gonna live that down the players will be taking the piss before he leaves

• 26 noladonna // Feb 4, 2013 at 10:31 AM

im excited about tiote being back thou, hes a raging bull in the middle of the park straight back in the team for me with cabaye and sissoko really fancy us to get a result at spurs with cheick back

• 27 Mund30 // Feb 4, 2013 at 10:32 AM

Whats amazed me the most about the 5 signings this Jan, is the professionalism in them. The things they come out and say when being interviewed is music to my ears, and the fact they are great players aswell brings back the confidence i had in this club after last year and the hope we finally win a trophy and possibly be challenging for bigger and better things in the next couple of seasons who knows!!!

Goufran was the one of the 5 signings i figured would take a little longer to settle and probs in the future be a squad player kinda like a Best or Lovenkrands. But after watching him on Saturday ive changed my mind, this lad can play thats for sure. He links up well, has the skill and pace to beat people and the best thing i saw about him was his vision and crisp passing under pressure. Look at Obertan and how indecisive he is, by the time he makes his mind up its to late but with Goofy he is so calm and doesnt panic and makes the right choice, im looking forward to seeing more of this lad in the coming weeks and hopefully he gets on the scoresheet sometime soon.

Also need to add cant believe im seeing haters on Tiote and hearing the words he is overrated, are you mad??? Yes he has had a bad season but is he the only player to have been in bad form??? the answer is NO and the reason for his bad form is simple he has been compensating for other players around him and not concentrating on his own job, plus the fact he has been criticised for his tough tackling and constantly getting booked has made him have a kinda identity crisis and resulted him trying to change his game. This plus the bad form of the team and him doing more than he should has been the reason for his bad form this year. But i tell you now write him off at ure own peril, the new additions and the new look to the team, Tiote can come back and do what he normally does and concentrate on that and build on the great partnership he has with Cabaye. For anyone who says he is overrated go and get ure head checked this guy is world class and i have no doubt he will prove it to all of you haters.

HWTL

• 28 wolfshead@toon // Feb 4, 2013 at 10:43 AM

totally agree with you mund about mr t

• 29 toonincheek // Feb 4, 2013 at 10:56 AM

Agree about Tiote and having to change the way he plays a bit.
    Maybe the answer now is to tell him to back to his old style.
    With so many top quality alternatives, we wouldn’t miss him too much for a few games here and there.

• 30 last minute window lies // Feb 4, 2013 at 11:14 AM

TT the moment of the season for me was when sissoko just burnt past ashley cole , cole was in disbelief

• 31 Lynxie // Feb 4, 2013 at 11:44 AM

Ashley Cole (in the style of Abbott and Costello):
    ‘I got it, I got it, I got it —- I aint got it’

Sissoko: Best turn of pace I have EVER seen at SJP. This guy has afterburners.

• 32 last minute window lies // Feb 4, 2013 at 11:55 AM

@ Lynxie :-) :-)

• 33 Lynxie // Feb 4, 2013 at 1:52 PM

Word on Gouffran lads.
    Considering that many believed he was perhaps just here to make up the numbers after failing to land Remy, I have a feeling we have signed a real player. His first touch, vision and electric pace have certainly caught my eye. Anyone else notice that he has not yet given possession away, despite balls being fired in to him, with sometimes two defenders on his back?? Quality feet, great skill, and calm with the ball at his feet, Liking the look of this lad already, the goals I am certain, are sure to follow.

previous post: Danny Simpson Knocked Out In Manchester Street Brawl