The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!

Tottenham vs Newcastle – Match Preview

5:23 pm, Friday, February 8th, 2013 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 159 Comments

tottenham-hotspur.png

Newcastle fans will get a chance to see just how good the new Newcastle side is tomorrow afternoon, when the lads take on Tottenham Hotspur at White Hart Lane, and in the same fixture last season we were taken apart 5-0 by Harry Redknapp’s side.

And the Newcastle squad has been strengthened further this week with the return of Cheick Tiote from the African Cup of Nations, after last year’s beaten finalists were defeated 2-1 by Nigeria in this year’s quarter-final stage, and Cheick scored the only goal for his country.

But we doubt that Newcastle will want to change a side that has done so well over the last two games, and surprising as it may sound, the Brazilian James “Perchinho” Perch (just kidding) is likely to keep his place as the defensive midfielder player, as he allows the more skilled and creative Yohan Cabaye and Moussa Sissoko attack the opposition.

James is an unsung hero at Newcastle, and he reminds us a lot of Nobby Styles in the England World Cup winning side of 1966, James is not as talented as the rest of the squad, but he plays a vital role in the side nevertheless.

Ben Arfa is still out injured for a couple of weeks, and we are assuming Dan Gosling is not fit yet, and of course long term casualties Ryan Taylor and Haris Vuckic will not return until pre-season.

So we expect Alan Pardew to name an unchanged side for the third game in a row, for tomorrow’s early kick-off game (12:45 pm), and the questions will be about which players make the bench this Saturday.

Here’s the side we think Alan will start tomorrow and the subs:

Krul
Debuchy Coloccini (c) Taylor (S) Santon
Perch Cabaye Sissoko Gouffran Gutierrez
Cisse
Subs: Harper Yanga-Mbiwa Anita Marveaux Tiote Obertan Ameobi (Sh)

And that’s about the strongest bench we’ve had all season long and no place for Mike Williamson, Danny Simpson, Haidara, Sammy Ameobi or Gael Bigirimana.

Our next game against FC Metalist Kharkiv next Thursday night at home will probably see a very strong second team start at St. James’ Park, and we expect a decent crowd at that game too.

This is what the Newcastle manager has said about the tough game tomorrow in north London:

“We had three or four tricky days last year and at Tottenham was one of them. Spurs played very, very well that day and we caught them on a day when it was all coming together. This will be a different scenario. We have got ourselves on the up a little bit and hopefully we can turn the result around.”

For Tottenham, England striker Jermain Defoe picked up an ankle injury in the 1-0 win at West Brom last weekend, and is out for three or four weeks, but it looks like Togo striker and former Arsenal and Manchester City player Emmanuel Adebayor will arrive in London today, from the African Cup of Nations, but whether he will start tomorrow or not – we don’t know.

Spurs manager Andre Villas-Boas is short of strikers up front, and he may even play winger Gareth Bale up front as a striker, and Gareth scored a terrific winner against WBA last weekend - and he will be the danger man for Spurs tomorrow.

Brazilian midfielder Sandro and defender Younes Kaboul both have knee injuries and will not play tomorrow.

It’s a tough test for our lads tomorrow, there’s no doubt about that, but we have to hope we can take something out of this game, and do a lot better than we did last season in the same fixture.

Let us know how you think the game will go tomorrow afternoon.

How Will Newcastle Fare Against Tottenham?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Howay The Lads!!

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 us on Google+:

You can also reach Ed at admin@nufcblog.com

=============================================

Tags: Match Preview · Newcastle News · Premier League

159 responses so far ↓

• 1 89Norcal // Feb 8, 2013 at 5:28 PM

Setting the alarm for 4:30AM, guess I won’t be drinking tonight :)

• 2 cyprus // Feb 8, 2013 at 5:37 PM

I’d start Anita ahead of Perch, although the lad has been playing well. It’s just that Anita can offer services both defensively and offensively, AND, he must be perplexed how he lost his place as he was our MOM in the last 3 games he played!

Did you read that Carr doesn’t watch our games because he gets too nervous? :) I know the feeling!

• 3 WWYCD // Feb 8, 2013 at 5:38 PM

No expectations and I will unfortunatley miss the match so all I will say is TOON TOON

HWTLs

• 4 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Feb 8, 2013 at 5:38 PM

Norcal…Will have to start drinking at 4.30am instead…oh the labours of supporting the toon :)

• 5 89Norcal // Feb 8, 2013 at 5:42 PM

Ibiza
    There’s turning a frown upside down lol.

Sub the coffee for beer :)

• 6 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Feb 8, 2013 at 5:42 PM

Cyrpus….Didn’t know that about Carr. I suppose there is no great need to watch us play, it’s other teams we want him watching.

On the Anita issue, it’s a tough one, but it’s going to be harder and harder as the team gets stronger.

I think Perch was put in to provide a bit more bite to the midfield, as it was needed against Villa and since then hasn’t really put a foot wrong. Pardew now has what he wanted, although I’m sure he prefers this type of selection headache than the one he has been facing most of this season.

• 7 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Feb 8, 2013 at 5:43 PM

Norcal….Substitute the coffee for beer? Oh yeah, because people don’t normally drink beer in the morning…. :)

• 8 cyprus // Feb 8, 2013 at 5:44 PM

I feel that Lambias should’ve started talking big after we win another couple games… but, in truth, he has been saying good things.

• 9 89Norcal // Feb 8, 2013 at 5:45 PM

Ibiza
    haha, you’d be surprised at the shock you get in the States for it.

Apparently having a breakfast beer means I’m a raging alcoholic.

• 10 geordiemark // Feb 8, 2013 at 5:48 PM

I know how graham car feels after watching the toon for next to 50 years the nerves go alright, I would like us to play 3 at the back with wingbacks, man mark bale and I reckon we have a great chance tomorrow

• 11 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Feb 8, 2013 at 5:48 PM

Cyprus…I have been hectic this week, so have only glimpsed at what he said. From what I took of it the general message was that they are building towards the future, that the future is not about mediocrity, it’s not easy and that they know they f*****d up in the summer.

Don’t have any qualms with any of it tbh, positive and realistic. Two words not often associated with NUFC.

• 12 cyprus // Feb 8, 2013 at 5:48 PM

89, and it doesn’t? :)

Must admit I put this up as a draw, scared shitless of this one, bad recent memories!

• 13 cyprus // Feb 8, 2013 at 5:50 PM

Ibiza, you summarised it well. That’s why I think it would be better if he’d waited a few weeks, as we need some more points…

• 14 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Feb 8, 2013 at 5:51 PM

Norcal….Don’t Dennys do a pint with their grandslam breakfast? Beer and pancakes…breakfast of champions (and from the looks of it the staple diet of wor Steven Taylor).

• 15 geordiemark // Feb 8, 2013 at 5:53 PM

cyprus

Id take everything they say with a pinch of salt, ive seen chairmans from lord westwood to sir john hall all talked a load of rubbish and took the money and ran.

mike ashley had to be buy players he didnt have a choice it was either get them in or 100% relegation and were a long way from being safe yet

• 16 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Feb 8, 2013 at 5:53 PM

Cyrpus…I thought you were saying as we had won a couple you expected more of a war cry from him :) I’m just glad he’s actually come out and said something…and from what I saw not one mention of the colour purple…lessons learned or am I getting ahead of myself?

I’m really not worried about tomorrow. I’d love a win to keep pushing on, but we’ve already done better than I expected in the last two games, so it’s all good.

• 17 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Feb 8, 2013 at 5:54 PM

geordiemark….100%? Surely with that sort of insight you can tell us now whether we’re safe or not with the additions made?

• 18 89Norcal // Feb 8, 2013 at 5:58 PM

cyprus
    True you know how it goes. One breakfast beer turns into 3, then 8, then things get blurry :lol:

Ibiza
    Haven’t been there for a while, but yes Saylor is looking a little wide around the middle isn’t he.

In terms of the match, I would expect us to be more dominant and feared over Tottenham. We are so dynamic now in our attack and our defense is performing well.

The two goals from Chelsea were largely indefensible, just brilliant goals.

• 19 cyprus // Feb 8, 2013 at 5:59 PM

geordiemark and ibiza,
    I like your optimism. But, that bale guy is on fire. Still, I think the key is the other winger of theirs. If he has an off game we’ll be alright

• 20 santonthenewmaldini // Feb 8, 2013 at 6:00 PM

I think we will win 2 – 1 with us taking the lead early then Spurs dominate us for a bit up till the equalizer and then we sucker punch them to steal the points!!!

On the Tiote debate yes he has been great for us in some games but he has also been totally shite for us in a lot of games as well yes he is strong in the tackle but he does not offer anything else which if we are to evolve as a team we need our defensive midfielders to do more than just tackle and lose the ball

He does better with Cabaye to pass to but do we just want a midfielder who will win the ball then pass it to Cabaye ??Perch can do that just as well if not better

I think with Anita in midfield him Cabaye and Sissoko we would have 3 players who could shred teams and allow us to keep possession and dominate teams Anita has been one of our best players this season playing for a team that plays it long and has had injuries

The boy was raised on pass and move football the Ajax way and it looks like we are now going to try play that way why would he not get a look in??

• 21 cyprus // Feb 8, 2013 at 6:01 PM

Talked of watching the game with a good buddy, a spurs fan. Recommended action?!

• 22 robin // Feb 8, 2013 at 6:01 PM

NUFC, should have for to much power in midfield, up against the likes of Parker who is vastly overrated. So its 1-3 to Le Toon! Gouffran to score the first!

• 23 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Feb 8, 2013 at 6:03 PM

Norcal…That pic of him and Debuchy is scary. Amazed he can get out of the box…i’m more amazed he doesn’t fill the whole box.

Very true on the Chelsea goals, nothing Krul could do and little bits of spaces will always open up in a game and they took excellent advantage of that. Bale is a concern, but i’m sure Colo can handle him. Actually, joking aside, we need to be careful with cards, could do without playing with 10 men.

Any news on Tiote? Is he back and ready if needed? Can’t imagine he’d start given the teams form, but would be a decent bench option.

• 24 geordiemark // Feb 8, 2013 at 6:04 PM

Ibiza Ill let you know in may hahaha naa ive seen the toon relegated a good few times just they didnt have any rythem, no self belief you know what i mean just was so soul distroying

• 25 cyprus // Feb 8, 2013 at 6:07 PM

Completely off subject.
    There are so many players in the banner, it’s beginning to look like that head-shrinking thing they do in the Amazon!

(PS. Don’t read if you are squimish!)

• 26 croftus5678 // Feb 8, 2013 at 6:10 PM

i dont think he should be changing the team in honesty after all there hard work and winning the previous 2 with the same team.

• 27 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Feb 8, 2013 at 6:10 PM

geordiemark…. :) We’re certainly not safe yet, but I think the doom has been lifted of the players and fans alike recently and that confidence is huge. I think we’ll be fine and talk of relegation will be a distant memory…I hope so at least. Soul destroying doesn’t even begin to explain the feeling. They can’t let it happen again.

Santon…I really like the look of Anita, top player. He’s the future, Perch isn’t. Seems harsh, but it’s true. Saying that, I really have no problem with him playing, especially with performances like the ones we’ve had lately. I’m sure Pardew is talking to the lads and letting them know what’s going on. Surely they can all see the progress that’s been made recently and know what the story is.

• 28 89Norcal // Feb 8, 2013 at 6:11 PM

Ibiza
    I haven’t found anything besides he may be in the lineup. Probably won’t know he’s starting until much later.

• 29 eastend toon // Feb 8, 2013 at 6:11 PM

agreed ibiza, 6 points out of 6 is more than i was expecting after the spurs game, the fact we got them after two is great, i’m usre the game will be great tomorrow and we’ll play well, any positive result tomorrow will be great but it’s not the end of the world if we come back form the big smoke with nothing… its the next batch of games that will define our season

• 30 Jamiemac // Feb 8, 2013 at 6:12 PM

I LOVE PERCH!

• 31 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Feb 8, 2013 at 6:12 PM

Norcal…But he is back and fit though?

• 32 magpie6699 // Feb 8, 2013 at 6:15 PM

The bookies have Spurs odds-on and they know what they’re about. We are not suddenly world-beaters on form (yet). I’m not as optimistic as the vote would suggest a lot of people are. Bale is very dangerous but they are not a one-man team. To be honest, I had this down as a no-pointer so anything would be a bonus.

• 33 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Feb 8, 2013 at 6:15 PM

Croftus…I don’t see Pardew changing much. Maybe the international fixtures this week may have some impact though?!? General rule though, if it isn’t broken, don’t fix it.

Eastend…Sounds a bit like a loser mentality really, but I fail to see how anyone would feel hard done by with six points from nine against Villa away (relegation 6 pointer), Chelsea at home and then Spurs away. It would be a great return of points. Still, I suppose we can start being a little greedy, we’ve been far too generous this season giving points away. The Newcastle points charity is officially closed for business.

• 34 geordiemark // Feb 8, 2013 at 6:19 PM

your right ibiza :)

about tiote id put him on the bench and stick with perch thought he had a good game against chelsea got stuck in reckon pardew wont make any changes really what do you lads think

• 35 geordiemark // Feb 8, 2013 at 6:21 PM

magpie bale is just a player fair enough hes got class but all in all shove someone with a bit of speed and steel on him and he will hobble off injured like hes done at st james a few times :) nowt like a bit of dirty play at times its ok spuds do it all the time and get away with it

• 36 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Feb 8, 2013 at 6:22 PM

Please no one else tell me I’m right. I struggle holding my head up as it is ;)

I don’t think we need Tiote to start and having him sit on the bench and maybe not even getting subbed on should work to motivate him to up his game. Let’s not forget we have Colo to stick the boot in if needed (light hearted humour, not condoning people headbutting others shoes ;) )

• 37 ONLINE GUY // Feb 8, 2013 at 6:25 PM

I would love to see Hatem in a Messi role upfront .. Exiting to watch .Defenders would need to double up on him =..more space… Using all that energy and magic he has in those feet without having to track back every 2 mins would be exiting .

• 38 ONLINE GUY // Feb 8, 2013 at 6:25 PM

115ONLINE GUY // Feb 8, 2013 at 6:21 PM

If no Adebeyor.. Bale might be played as main striker

Get your money on 2-3 or 2-4 to Newcastle United ,,really, Get it on.

Friday night and the Wife wants to go to Ikea. see you later lad’s

• 39 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Feb 8, 2013 at 6:26 PM

Online…Nah, Pardew has nearly turned him in to a great defender, would be a shame to see all that work go to waste :)

• 40 Jonny // Feb 8, 2013 at 6:30 PM

Newcastle v bale.

• 41 northernirishtoon // Feb 8, 2013 at 6:31 PM

Toon1707

I got 4/1 on William hill just for the win

Also got 105/1 for cisse 2-1 lol

• 42 eastend toon // Feb 8, 2013 at 6:33 PM

not so much loser mentality fella, called being realistic, of course i hope for three points, who the hell wouldnt, just pre-empting all the doom mongerers that will flood this blog if we lose…

ultimately, 6 points from these 9 is a good return, lets face it!

• 43 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Feb 8, 2013 at 6:33 PM

Right lads….I’m off. Not sure what my movements are tomorrow, so if I’m not here, enjoy the game and HWTL!

• 44 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Feb 8, 2013 at 6:34 PM

eastend…I’m with you 100% on that. You just know if we lose tomorrow there will be people on complaining about it.

Oh well, such is life. Have a good night.

• 45 ONLINE GUY // Feb 8, 2013 at 6:35 PM

Ibiza

Last season I thought we could have had 3 more wins, ..but game after game I watched Pardew toying with one of the world’s greatest players in Hatem Ben Arfa ,by keeping him on the bench.,..Giving him 15 mins here and there. It was in a word. unbelievable !..I actually witnessed Hatem saying to Pardew ..Can I get on … Can I play? Pardew said 5 mins… he then waited another 18 mins before putting him on for the last 10 mins ..After that he was kept on the bench for several game’s ..It was all about not questioning the Manager in front of everyone ..more than me witnessed it ..It was all about Who’s boss? in the end..

• 46 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Feb 8, 2013 at 6:37 PM

Online….So tonight your Mrs is playing Pardew and you’re Hatem? Enjoy Ikea ;)

• 47 ONLINE GUY // Feb 8, 2013 at 6:38 PM

Ibiza

Yeah IM on the bench ..But I got to put the fecker together myself !

• 48 ONLINE GUY // Feb 8, 2013 at 6:41 PM

Yeah Ibiza…IM on the bench tonight ..trouble is I got to put the thing together myself…

• 49 ONLINE GUY // Feb 8, 2013 at 6:42 PM

See ya all .

• 50 ONLINE GUY // Feb 8, 2013 at 6:43 PM

Quick one ..who has the best odd’s for 2-3 or 2-4 against Spuds ?

• 51 Rake // Feb 8, 2013 at 6:48 PM

Guys this is Pardew, It will be the same team and I would bet he will start Marv, Tiote and Anita against those mentalist’s in the ukraine.

• 52 yo-yo // Feb 8, 2013 at 6:49 PM

Just before Villa we were reckoning on four points out the nine. We’ve got six already. A draw will be okay, a win great and a loss won’t be the end of the world, unless we miss out by some crazy decision or a fluke.

• 53 cyprus // Feb 8, 2013 at 6:53 PM

you gamblers looking for a good bet/ Apollon nicosia (coached by papavasiliou of NUFC!) at 1.75 vs an easy team. you heard it here

• 54 northernirishtoon // Feb 8, 2013 at 6:54 PM

Online

50/1 3-2 on William hill

125/1 4-2 on paddy power

• 55 cyprus // Feb 8, 2013 at 6:55 PM

I think anita and Marv will come on at 70′

• 56 Super Magpie // Feb 8, 2013 at 7:00 PM

I think some of you are overestimating Spurs. Adebayor will be a threat if he starts as be totally destroyed us last year but has went a bit off the boil this season. I would definitely take a point tomorrow. If so we’ve taken 4 points from 3rd and 4th placed teams in the space of a week.

We can win tomorrow but we need to be 100% again like we were last week and make sure we don’t sit back when we lead.

• 57 Super Magpie // Feb 8, 2013 at 7:00 PM

he*

• 58 89Norcal // Feb 8, 2013 at 7:02 PM

Super Mag
    Was just going to say, not sure about this being a high scoring game because Spurs haven’t exactly been prolific on the attacking side lately. They’ve scored 4 goals in their last 5 games, largely because of Bale, and drew against QPR and Norwich while barely beating out West Brom.

• 59 Super Magpie // Feb 8, 2013 at 7:03 PM

My team-

Krul
    Debuchy Saylor Colo Santon
    Anita Sissoko Cabaye
    Gouffran Cisse Marveaux/Jonas.

Subs- Elliot M’Biwa Perch Tiote Obertan Marv/Jonas Shola

Our team looks considerably stronger than it did a month ago.

• 60 DokToon // Feb 8, 2013 at 7:06 PM

norcal, i feel your pain, though im two hours later than you, 630 am kickoff here… but ill be up!!

• 61 yo-yo // Feb 8, 2013 at 7:07 PM

Supermag

Okay then, you’ve persuaded me – I’ll settle for a cheeky 0-1

• 62 Super Magpie // Feb 8, 2013 at 7:09 PM

Yo-Yo
    I’ll take that. :)

89Norcal.
    All we need to do is keep Bale quiet then. Hmmm…

• 63 89Norcal // Feb 8, 2013 at 7:13 PM

DokToon
    I always think waking up for early games will be painless, then the alarm rings :)

Super Magpie
    I wish that was it, but not if Adebayor is playing even though Defoe rivals him probably in goals scored against us.

But I feel we are the better side right now and I like our chances.

• 64 Jail for Ashley // Feb 8, 2013 at 7:19 PM

I don’t see why Willo has to start against metalist,surely Collo could play,if he picks up a knock then we have Tsylor and Mbwia.the whole point in having strength in depth.

• 65 Krul to be Kind // Feb 8, 2013 at 7:21 PM

nitoon

loving that bet you’ve posted might have a wee flutter on that myself!

defo not beyond the realms of possibility! lol

• 66 nufc786 // Feb 8, 2013 at 7:21 PM

• 67 Krul to be Kind // Feb 8, 2013 at 7:25 PM

anyone else excited for tomorrow?

JfA – you going tomorrow pal, get the impression your a season ticket holder?

• 68 Krul to be Kind // Feb 8, 2013 at 7:27 PM

PSG playing tonight, might have a little watch, was thoroughly entertained last week when they thumped a sissoko-less toulouse 4 nil away!

• 69 croftus5678 // Feb 8, 2013 at 7:32 PM

@65 goofy is my new fave player

@33 ibiza your right :-)

and ye spurs are overated but some of there players are more than worthy to be in the top 4 bale included.
    i’m glad little lad up front for them is injured as his speed could have caused problems for us ! but as long as we keep pushing it will hopefully push bale an co on the back foot.

• 70 croftus5678 // Feb 8, 2013 at 7:40 PM

u21’s won 3-0 against stoke ! hairdryer scored a good goal beating 2 defenders before scoring.
    cambell got another and then our right midfielder (no idea who he was) scored.

• 71 Jail for Ashley // Feb 8, 2013 at 7:43 PM

Krul.
    Not going tomorrow I’m in the North sea atm some where nearer Norway than Newcastle but I will be watching.
    HWTL.

• 72 JackButler // Feb 8, 2013 at 7:49 PM

A win tomorrow can see us go above Sunderland and Norwich into 12th place :D

• 73 DokToon // Feb 8, 2013 at 7:52 PM

norcal… and the las…

being its a 630 am start time here… i may simply stay at the local til 200am or so… go in the backyard, continue on imbibing, so ill be plenty amped by kickoff….

whos with me?? :)

• 74 DokToon // Feb 8, 2013 at 7:52 PM

• 75 DokToon // Feb 8, 2013 at 7:53 PM

lads… oops

• 76 LGFUAD21 // Feb 8, 2013 at 7:54 PM

I’ve got a feeling that pard’s has been playing moussa more advanced than Cabaye because we often struggle to break defences down but also because it takes the spotlight off cabs. With both of them teams have to now worry about 2 dangerously creative players

• 77 check the toastie // Feb 8, 2013 at 7:59 PM

Hope we are nice and solid tomorrow and dont give the ball away cheaply, mistakes are punished severely by spurs, they have loads of pace if we leave open spaces then someone makes a mistake (Jonas, Perchy), we need to be right at the top of our game and keep the ball as long as we can.

Kill the pace of the game is the key at Spurs, hope we get a point but it will be tough. Dembele, Bale and Lennon as well as others have enough tricks to cause us some serious problems, lets not get ahead of ourselves eh.

• 78 Magpies-till-d3ath // Feb 8, 2013 at 8:11 PM

If we don’t lose tomorrow, I’ll be happy! Spurs are a good side and haven’t lost in something like 8 or 9 games. Pardew will be able to field a very strong team against Metalist we have a break next weekend!
    Predictions: Spurs- 2-2 Cabaye, Gouffran
    Metalist- 3-0 Cisse 2, M’Biwa(you never know).
    I won’t know the scores until next SAT as I’ll be away to New York in the morning!!!!!!! :)

• 79 Spuggy // Feb 8, 2013 at 8:20 PM

I predict a lose, spurs have the one thing we can’t cope with – Pace, and lots of it. Colo is a top class defender, but pace can sometimes get the better of him (Ba against Chelsea).

If we draw it’s a massive point, if we win we’ve had a bit of luck, if we lose then we dust ourselves down and go to the next one.

If HBA and an in-form Tiote was in the side I’d be a lot more confident.

• 80 kevymartins // Feb 8, 2013 at 8:31 PM

@mags-til-death I’m sure the espn goals or skysports apps work anywhere in the world

• 81 Spuggy // Feb 8, 2013 at 8:31 PM

Hand up who was here when Ed got his 1st million hits – on 81 now!

• 82 Spuggy // Feb 8, 2013 at 8:32 PM

One of the best sports apps is ‘Live Sports Addicts’ – awesome. Trust me ;-)

• 83 kevymartins // Feb 8, 2013 at 8:36 PM

@spuggy we have no pace? did you watch sissoko vs chelsea breezed by cole who had a 10-15 yard head start …gouffran blistering pace as obertan also I wouldn’t put cisse or santon or taylor or anita or perch in the slow category

• 84 Spuggy // Feb 8, 2013 at 8:37 PM

Kevy

I didn’t say that silly, I said we can’t cope with pace. Saylor and Colo aren’t the nippiest.

• 85 eastend toon // Feb 8, 2013 at 8:39 PM

and to be fair, i dont think cisse has that much pace

• 86 kevymartins // Feb 8, 2013 at 8:39 PM

True but saylor is quick enough and colo makes up for his slowness with his game reading …Only time you will see colo get smoked is if we get cough out on a counter or he is pushed up to much witch bale exploits against every team in the league anyway

• 87 Spuggy // Feb 8, 2013 at 8:45 PM

Were slow at the back until we get Mbiwa in, but yes colo is excellent at reading the game, but tomorrow he will be up against pure counter-attacking pace with added flair.

It will be a strong test for debuchy too, whose been skinned a few times.

• 88 crawcrook3 // Feb 8, 2013 at 8:47 PM

75LGFUAD21; Pards, when an analyst at the Euro’s said he liked the pocket created for Pirlo and looks you are correct that Cabaye fills in Pirlo type role.
    I will be amazed if Tiote does not play instead of Perchinho. He looked back to his self at the ACoN. But this debate proves how good a squad we now have, as Marveaux and Anita would it in our team too.
    Haven’t been to Spurs away for a few years, so looking forward to the trip. Quite optimistic for the 3 points, but think there will be lots of goals.

• 89 yo-yo // Feb 8, 2013 at 9:02 PM

We did okay against Chelski and Spuds will be no easier or more difficult.

• 90 croftus5678 // Feb 8, 2013 at 9:03 PM

i do agree with spuddy on speed at the back but now we have deb’s and santon i dont think its too bad tbh.

and yep up front (cisse i would class as avg not fast) but goofy/arfa/marv/sissoko/ober and santon+deb’s when on the break we have plenty of speed up there now.

• 91 kevymartins // Feb 8, 2013 at 9:03 PM

Just bought totw sissoko an colo on my ultimate team …sissoko is a beast 88 acceleration 88 sprint speed 86 pace 96 shot power

• 92 croftus5678 // Feb 8, 2013 at 9:04 PM

not spuddy i meant spuggy >.< sorry.

• 93 Dannyo // Feb 8, 2013 at 9:12 PM

@kevymartins
    Eh? FIFA 13? Didn’t think they updated stats.

• 94 AmericanMagpie // Feb 8, 2013 at 9:15 PM

AVB can play Dempsey up front if he needs to. He scored a good goal in WCQ on Wednesday.

I think we have a good chance at 3 points.

2-1 NUFC!

• 95 AmericanMagpie // Feb 8, 2013 at 9:19 PM

89NorCal.

Ive stopped getting up at 4am to watch the games. Unless you need to watch it live you can download the games or watch the games on a few websites that upload them. I just wake up at a regular time and download the games.

• 96 Eddie // Feb 8, 2013 at 9:38 PM

Should be a very juicy match-up against the spuds. It’s going to take a lot of “diligence” to get even a point. If we can keep it tight and avoid giving their counter-attackers wide open spaces then we could sneak a win.

• 97 kevymartins // Feb 8, 2013 at 10:02 PM

@dannyo ultimate team if a player has a amazing real life performance they will be put into team of the week better sissoko went from 75 to 78 and you can buy them

• 98 Tinman // Feb 8, 2013 at 10:23 PM

Ed are you mad of course Tiote will start. No doubt about it.

• 99 Tinman // Feb 8, 2013 at 10:26 PM

On the speed debate, there seems to be no reliable source which tracks premier league players top speeds. I find this baffling because it is very interesting in my opinion, must be too difficult to find an accurate result. So you have to go based on eye sight… I would say fastest prem player is between G.Agbo, T.Wall, A.Lenn and G.Bale

• 100 jimmysmith // Feb 8, 2013 at 10:28 PM

Tough to come away from White Hart Lane with anything but I’d wager it will be a cracking match between two excellent sets of players playing freely without the sort of pressure that often stifles games between top sides.

A point would be great, but ofcourse I’m desperately hoping for the win. They will definitely be expecting a tough, hard fought end to end match and will doubtless be up for it. Could be fantastic!

• 101 Tinman // Feb 8, 2013 at 10:31 PM

Toon fastest 3 – Goof, Ober, Santon

Any objections?

• 102 Tinman // Feb 8, 2013 at 10:33 PM

Toon Slowest – Willo, Shola, Taylor?

• 103 Graeme // Feb 8, 2013 at 10:39 PM

Tinman – you honestly believe that Obertan is quicker in the sprint than Sissoko?? WOW lol

• 104 Tinman // Feb 8, 2013 at 10:46 PM

Graeme, no doubt its close. Hardly a WOW moment… Maybe Sissoko is faster, maybe he isn’t.

• 105 jimmysmith // Feb 8, 2013 at 10:50 PM

That injection of pace, power and aggression achieved with these new signings really is a formidable boost to our potency.

For all of Gutis’ endeavour, experience and guile it seems to me he’ll be up against it holding his place now in the face of what Sissoko and Gouffran appear to bring to the table.

Then again, Guti is a warrior, he may just rise to the challenge.

• 106 Krul to be Kind // Feb 8, 2013 at 10:55 PM

i’d say obertan was the faster of the 2 , that kid is lightening

• 107 Big Pappa Cissé // Feb 8, 2013 at 11:02 PM

@ Tinman

How about fastest in the world

Bale, Doumbia, Ronaldo, Robben, Ribery, Wallcott

• 108 Krul to be Kind // Feb 8, 2013 at 11:05 PM

BPC

what about PEA? Hazard?

Didn’t Bobby Robson once say Kieron Dyer was the fastest player he ever seen with a ball at his feet, appaently as fast with as he was without

• 109 Krul to be Kind // Feb 8, 2013 at 11:06 PM

Lavezzi?

• 110 Graeme // Feb 8, 2013 at 11:08 PM

Tinman, in days gone by, it used to be a regular feature, who was the fastest over set distances. Supermac, over 20, 30, 50 yards was almost olympic standard. Over 5 – 15 yards, he was somewhere about 3rd or 4th!!

• 111 Tinman // Feb 8, 2013 at 11:09 PM

Pappa, fastest in world is so difficult! So many rapid players out there, Neymar is pretty quick as well. Would have to agree that the guys you posted are all very very fast. Its too hard to call. I would love to know their 100m times, curious as to how far they are off Bolt and crew.

• 112 Tinman // Feb 8, 2013 at 11:14 PM

Wonder why clubs dont test it now? Well I bet they do just the information isnt made available to fans. I bet Fat Sam does with all his ‘technology training’

• 113 Big Pappa Cissé // Feb 8, 2013 at 11:17 PM

@ Tinman

Yeah it would be interesting.

Maybe they could do a tournament every couple of years to test 100 m sprint speed and also speed when carrying the ball.

• 114 Graeme // Feb 8, 2013 at 11:21 PM

Tinman – they also used to have “Long – Throw” contests. Again, Supermac won something like 4 in a row and stopped entering.

Reaching the far post was just not a problem for him.

• 115 Toonacious T // Feb 8, 2013 at 11:25 PM

Alright lads? Really hope we get a result against Spurs manana, who do you all rate as being the main threat to us, apart from Bale obviously? Would love to see Cisse get one to boost his confidence again.

• 116 olivant // Feb 8, 2013 at 11:25 PM

hello gents. I am drunk as a sod. Altough I think we will win 3-2, in the best game we have had fir many a year :)

• 117 DeanToon88 // Feb 8, 2013 at 11:27 PM

Anyone got Fifa 13 for pc? I’m looking for fellow Toon fans to play with, Add me on origin Hav0k305 cheers :D

• 118 gonufc (not Arf' bad) // Feb 8, 2013 at 11:27 PM

I always think Aaron Lennon is the quickest over 10- 20 yards but doesn’t push on over longer distances. His acceleration is ridiculous!

• 119 Toonacious T // Feb 8, 2013 at 11:28 PM

Olivant – good man yourself, me too, and then some. Lets talk shi^e N?

• 120 olivant // Feb 8, 2013 at 11:30 PM

@ toonacious T Adebayor is back, and I think he will give us some problems.

• 121 Toonacious T // Feb 8, 2013 at 11:30 PM

gonufc- you would need to tie a tyre tractor around his waist to keep up with the kid. I just hope tomorrow is a no end product day for him.

• 122 Toonacious T // Feb 8, 2013 at 11:32 PM

@Olivant- he is am awkward big sod and has good feet ,”for a big man “, I don’t think you can drop Saylor given his recent performances and he took one in the ball sack for the team against Chelski…legend!

• 123 olivant // Feb 8, 2013 at 11:33 PM

I´ve got a good feeling bout morrows game. We will win

• 124 Toonacious T // Feb 8, 2013 at 11:37 PM

Olivant – the whole Toon Army is buzzing atm, but we are away to Spuds so I would be very happy to take a draw and then go thrash these Mentalist wa&kers and then hammer Southampton at home. Sissoko is the driving force we need. We will not be bullied by anyone in the middle of the park now.HWTL!

• 125 olivant // Feb 8, 2013 at 11:37 PM

I love Saylor, not the best technician, nor player. But he is a lionheart, and that is all that matters

• 126 Toonacious T // Feb 8, 2013 at 11:39 PM

You just know the man would throw down his life for Newcastle United and his passion is infectious. Great lad!

• 127 olivant // Feb 8, 2013 at 11:45 PM

Toonacious T, you are a good man, but now I am so drunk, that I´ll say goodnight, and I+ll see you at our ass kicking tomorrow hehe :)

• 128 Toonacious T // Feb 8, 2013 at 11:47 PM

Cheers amigo. look after.

• 129 FollowFollow // Feb 9, 2013 at 12:05 AM

Great piece on Gazza from George Caulkin

Pink, pudgy and dipped in chip-fat – I remember Paul Gascoigne. Hair shorn above the ears, gurning grin where teeth should be, shorts too tight – I remember him. As ugly as sin and as sexy as it, too, because with a ball at his boot-tips and running at full tilt, I’ve never seen football so muscular or beautiful. I remember Paul Gascoigne and, by God, I love him.
    Close to the touchline, an off day at St James’ Park, I remember a shout of exasperation from nearby: “Pull your finger out Gazza, man, you fat bastard.” And he did, first one finger and then another, holding them aloft in a rigid V, with a “f*** off” and a wink thrown in. I don’t recall complaints to stewards, demands for an arrest, front-page exposés or questions in the House. I remember laughter.
    I remember seeing him sprint forward from the centre circle. He looked too big for the pitch, let alone his strip, but when he moved, the ungainly became poetic, although it was a violent sort of artistry – elbows and sharp edges – that took him around, past and occasionally through defenders. It looked like human bagatelle, the ball clacking between his feet, and yet somehow under control, the only aspect of his life that was.
    The North East could not contain him, but talent drained away frequently back then and when he moved from Newcastle United to Tottenham Hotspur, an axis shifted with him. He was such a draw, such a force. When he burst into Sir Bobby Robson’s England squad and refused to be ignored, I remember feeling differently about my country; it wasn’t just Thatcher’s country, it was Gazza’s. And he was ours.
    That era of Robson’s; Gascoigne, Beardsley, Waddle, Robson, men from a region of coal, steel and shipbuilding. That felt like some sort of affirmation. I remember those tears – “the tears that watered the Turin pitch” as Sir Bobby would refer to them – because for people who adored football it brought a wider acceptance that our sport could bring emotion of a warming kind, even if the source was sadness. He brought change.
    I remember a kind of role-reversal, Sir Bobby wiping moisture from his face when, in his last, ailing months, he spoke of Gascoigne’s mountainous heart, of how he’d tried to buy his former manager a disability scooter, an absurd act of generosity that he could ill afford. “Paul cried in the service of his country, but it’s far too soon for us to be shedding tears for him,” Robson said then. It still is.
    “Newcastle saw the start of him, red-faced and chubby though he was back them,” Sir Bobby once wrote. “He could head the ball, pass it, dribble with it, shoot and he’d train all day. He drove his managers mad, of course, because he never lost that precociousness, his cocky stupidity, his willingness to do anything in search of a quick laugh. But he remained so popular because he was such an innocent.”
    I’ve read about the daft stories. The sweet and heart-melting ones, like when he reported for training at Newcastle as a kid, found nobody there because the session had been cancelled and went carol singing to earn his bus fare home. The daftness that became a mania, a compulsion, the addictions which left his body wracked and mind addled. But I do not know if they are fact or legend and do not remember them, because I was not there.
    I do not condone the lapses, the appalling behaviour, but do my best not to offer judgments on the private lives of others, for the simple reason that I wouldn’t want judgment on mine. There are exceptions to that, because I’m a hypocrite – Nile Ranger makes my every pore ache – but I try to disassociate Paul Gascoigne the player from whatever “Gazza” now represents.
    I’ve written before about the temptations Tyneside offers. I grew up with footballers and flirted on the fringes of that extraordinary life and can remember how it felt to have a drink in your hand with faces turned in your direction, how money and alcohol and testosterone and danger can provide a headlong rush. How being close to home can also feel like Hollywood. It was a blast; less so, when I woke up in a hospital, scabbed and reeking.
    I’ve been thinking about Gascoigne this week, and it is only partially because of the latest series of photographs and tales, the drinking, and the slurring and another last chance. I thought of him because of Danny Graham, the centre forward who joined Sunderland from Swansea City last month and has been newsworthy because of his boyhood allegiance to Newcastle and the careless way he once expressed it.
    I thought of how a career, a life, can be shaped by one action, one comment, one sip, one grave error or, in Gascoigne’s case, one horrendous tackle which led to a compendium of grief. “God knows what he would have gone on to achieve if he hadn’t flung himself so recklessly at Gary Charles, but I think people would have talked about him in the same breath as George Best, Bobby Charlton, Denis Law, Kenny Dalglish,” Robson said.
    The connection with Gascoigne is tenuous, at best, but you don’t always know what sets something off and I like the fact that Graham wanted to come home, that he pushed for it to happen in the knowledge that it might cause himself a ripple of difficulty. A story does not have to be set in stone, not yet, and an indiscretion about Sunderland in a Watford fanzine does not have to be his; I wish him a bucketload of goals.
    It is difficult not to think about Gascoigne, because he still forms a frame of reference. As Ian Botham’s absence hung over England’s cricket team until the Ashes were claimed and a different standard set, Gascoigne is still the comparison we make; his potential and personality linger. When Jack Wilshere’s performance against Brazil is examined, it is for echoes of his predecessor.
    Sir Bobby was a mentor and became a friend, but I’ve never met Gascoigne. I came close to it last May when the statue of Sir Bobby outside St James’, looking out towards the city and Co Durham, was unveiled. He was being interviewed there and I wanted to say something, about the memories he had given, but shied away. He looked shaky and wizened and I doubted he craved saccharine from a journalist.
    As Gascoigne has diminished, he has continued to nourish my profession and I do not like that. This is not much of a blog and I apologise for it, because I have nothing to add about alcohol or refuelling or treatment centres. I hope he gets well, but cannot begin to understand what responsibility lies with him or where others might have intervened. I’m not interested in casting blame. As I’ve made plain, tediously, I just remember him.
    Gascoigne’s narrative is there, in black and white, and it cannot be altered, but I remember him from before then, shirt streaked in the same shades, sun-lamp tanned and shiny, barging across the grass, boisterous and bossy and delicate. I would give a lot to stop the clocks and plot a course back in time for one more of those moments when he hinted at unshackled possibility, but less for his sake. Him doing his job made me want to do mine.

• 130 Mister Tuff // Feb 9, 2013 at 12:05 AM

Ref tomorrows game I would have felt a bit more confident if there had not been any International matches this week. Would have allowed the whole team more time to get to know each others game/further coaching etc. Having said that if we continue playing as we did last Saturday we may get a result. Three wins on the trot -especially against Tottenham would boost confidence sky high.

• 131 Mister Tuff // Feb 9, 2013 at 12:21 AM

One thing I’ve noticed over the years is that most footballers know instinctively who are the “special players” -the likes of Gazza and Benny and typically the opposition do tend to back off them a bit as they know that within the blink of an eye some unexpected trick is performed making them look very mediocre. Feel sorry for Gazza -best natural footballer produced in the North East.

• 132 dominnit // Feb 9, 2013 at 12:32 AM

Has anyone seen Giovinco run? I think he’s possibly the fastest footballer in the world, closely matched by CR7.

• 133 remember69 // Feb 9, 2013 at 12:41 AM

Encouraging article about the toon on ESPN;

• 134 No7_Heaven // Feb 9, 2013 at 2:56 AM

Sorry guys, but I sense it will be down to earth with a bump at White Hart Lane (as much as I hate to admit it). Am expecting a competitive game though.

• 135 willowdalerez // Feb 9, 2013 at 3:52 AM

Looking for a win scoreline 2-1 as the lads have something to prove. Here’s the team I’d play:

Krul
    Debuchy – Yanga-Mbiwa – Collo – – Santon
    Cabaye – Sissoko – Tiote – Jonas
    Cisse – Gouffran

Anita’s great but Tiote’s better in my book. The idea of running with Perch I can’t figure, he’s a good squad player but if not Tiote why not Anita before Perch. As for the back Saylor’s not as fast Mbiwa and I wouldn’t run him as starter two games in a row just back from injury.

Howay the lads!

• 136 willowdalerez // Feb 9, 2013 at 4:18 AM

BTW I’m picking Cabaye and Cisse to notch the goals!

• 137 Dingo†® // Feb 9, 2013 at 5:02 AM

@ Spuggy… hands up mate!!!

• 138 tweaked // Feb 9, 2013 at 5:33 AM

Going for a 2-1 win today think cisse will get both as he fluffed a few sitters the last game, we now have a midfield that provides excellent service and goal scoring prowess is soon to return :-)

• 139 Jail for Ashley // Feb 9, 2013 at 6:07 AM

Just coming toward the end of my shift a few hours kip then wake up to watch us batter Spurs,happy days.

• 140 Dennis Twice // Feb 9, 2013 at 6:36 AM

Krul
    Debuchy – Taylor– Collo – – Santon
    Cabaye – Perch-Sissoko – Tiote – Jonas
    Gouffran

• 141 Toon-Prodigy // Feb 9, 2013 at 7:08 AM

Jail,

Me aswell, almost done here at work!

Staying awake for the game because im back in tonight aswell. I’ll just be getting me head down after the game.

Roll on 12:30. Love match days! HTL!

• 142 Blaydon-Toon // Feb 9, 2013 at 7:19 AM

Lot of night shift workers about …. I’m going into work albeit 2 hours late and finish at 12 so back for the game ! I do nights too so feel your pain ! Will be happy with a point at WHL I can see a score draw and us to score from a corner so 2-2 :-)

• 143 ToonToon09 // Feb 9, 2013 at 7:23 AM

As much as I am a great fan of Tiote, I fear the worst today in terms of Spurs pace ?! I can just see Tiote struggling with the timing of his crunching tackles which could easily lead to a red card ?!
    However, this game could be an absolute classic with both teams scoring and hopefully a winning goal from Gouffran or Sissoko.
    If we win this game I predict a top 7 finish for the season
    HTL

• 144 Toon-Prodigy // Feb 9, 2013 at 7:29 AM

Blaydon,

2 hours late and finish at 12? Hangover like?

Dear me thats a dreamy shift. You may aswell just stay in bed mate. Just finished an 11 hr shift me haha. I’v got another 6 nights of it aswell. 7 11 hour shifts, got to get the pennys in!

• 145 HOGC // Feb 9, 2013 at 7:30 AM

I personally would like Tiote to start ahead of Perch. Perch gets the job done no doubt, but he is just an average hard working player. To move forward, you can’t have average players who do a good job, you need quality players. And from performances between Tiote and Perch, it is obvious that Tiote is a more quality player, even though he hasn’t been performing too well.

But yet again, there is Cabaye, and it is a proven fact that Tiote plays so much better with Cabaye around, so why not?

• 146 Toon-Prodigy // Feb 9, 2013 at 7:36 AM

HOGC,

My sentiments exactly. Im very much wanting Tiote involved today. Perfect time for him to come in and give a big performance. We are well due one from him.

He deserves a chance with the new players around him and also with everyone back fit. I know there was poor performances from him, but that goes for everybody not just him.

If Perch starts though it’s warranted, but I’d prefer Tiote

• 147 HOGC // Feb 9, 2013 at 7:45 AM

@Toon Prodigy.

Yes man! Let’s cross our fingers and hope Pardew sees the same in him and not stick to his philosophy of not dismantling a winning team. And Tottenham is a quality team with quality players, their individual brilliance can’t be taken likely.

Tiote is needed to boss them around!

• 148 HOGC // Feb 9, 2013 at 7:46 AM

*lightly

• 149 Magickit // Feb 9, 2013 at 7:55 AM

When is our last win at white heart lane???

Today really a chance

• 150 jeraziah // Feb 9, 2013 at 7:56 AM

——————Krul—————
    Debuchy-Saylor-Colo-Santon
    ———–Tiote–Cabaye———
    Gouffran–Sissoko–Gutierrez
    —————Cissé—————

This is the team I would field.

• 151 check the toastie // Feb 9, 2013 at 7:57 AM

However in my eyes Anita should defo be given a start either for Perch or Jonas. Mind you play Anita and i wouldnt mind Tiote in as well. Just not Tiote and Jonas they lose possession to easily.

……………………….Krul……………………………
    Debuchy…..Taylor………Collo…….Santon
    …………..Tiote/Perch….Cabaye…………………..
    ………Anita……Sissoko……..Goofy………..
    …………………….Cisse………………………….

Jonas has had one decent game all year, he still doesnt warrent a place in the team, would have Tiote, Anita, Marv, Obertan all in front of him, shame but true, he will be back to normal today, wild lash clearances and falling on the floor, giving possession away cheaply.

However if we do get beat today, we have to see Marv in for Jonas against Soton. Mentalist team should be good anyway.

• 152 eaststandgeordie1982 // Feb 9, 2013 at 8:00 AM

Just woke up all ready for the match watching it in 3D and stellas are in the fridge which im sure my daughter will get them for me when i ask so i dont miss a kick ;-)

• 153 ToonMauritius // Feb 9, 2013 at 8:26 AM

Hi Lads,
    I’m sure that Spurs will have a game plan for Sissoko and it’s Cisse/Gouffran who will score the goals for us today

• 154 ~ Phoenix Warrior Perch~ // Feb 9, 2013 at 8:31 AM

check the toastie // Feb 9, 2013 at 7:57 AM

“Toite should be nowhere near getting in the team, Anita should be in front of him. Perch will start you can be sure of it, personally believe he has done more than Tiote this year.”

I could not possibly agree more with this. Players in Form, doing the job they are supposed to should always be picked ahead of players under-performing regardless of “how big their name is”.

Following the mindset that ‘because he was a big player and is considered one of the best in our team when on form” automatically gets him into the team is utterly ridiculous in my opinion. Torres when on Form is world class, therefore by the logic that Tiote should walk into the team, Torres should always start ahead of Ba.

Torres had been given that chance. Ain’t produced much has it? and on Paper Chelsea have the better team with the likes of Hazard, Falcao, Mata. Even lampard is still as deadly in front of goal as he has been in the last several years.

It should not be a case of, he will play better in a better team. He should be able to play well regardless of who is around him, his presence in games has sorely lacked, his tackling has hardly improved and he is still prone to dilly dallying around with the ball instead of clearing it. If he plays well in a team surrounded by quality, does that make him quality? or is it a case of because everyone around him is doing good, therefore he looks good also.

Even in a poor team, players like Anita and Perch have put in solid performances, Tiote has only done that rarely. If playing in a poor team makes everyone look poor, how come Anita and perch have looked like some of our best performers?

I know I;ve been hating on Tiote recently, but thats only because I know he can do better. I honestly really like him as a player and thought he was a vital factor in our success last season, but I’m not going to let that cloud my judgement. His performances have not been great and logically he should not be ahead of Perch and Anita.

If he wants his spot back, he has to work hard on the training ground and not expect to just walk back into the team. Perhaps he should start in Europe and see what happens there. But in a game against a side currently 4th in the table, you want your best performing players on the pitch. Unfortunately Tiote is not one of our best performing players this season.

• 155 manxpie // Feb 9, 2013 at 8:34 AM

I think perch will and should start he’s got good pace and puts in well timed crunching tackles bale won’t like to many off them!
    I’m goin for a 3-1 cisse double and sisko

Mbiwa
    Haidara
    Jonas
    Tiote
    Anita/Perch
    Ameobi

Would be the ideal line up, in my opinion.

• 157 Toon-Prodigy // Feb 9, 2013 at 8:41 AM

Lets see this formation and line up. Just in from work, pumping myself full of coffee to last until after this game.

Got to love match days. Im intrigued for this formation and starting line up.

• 158 eaststandgeordie1982 // Feb 9, 2013 at 8:42 AM

Im sure it will be unchanged and im happy with that we won the last 2 with the same team and im sure they will put in a great shift again.

• 159 petesull // Feb 9, 2013 at 8:53 AM

Hey guys…… Before I buy tickets for d Sunderland game I need to know where are the best seats in the stadium….. Would really appreciate your help

previous post: Pardew – Sissoko Will Find It More Difficult From Now On