The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!

Debuchy – Happy And Proud To Be At Newcastle – I Love It Here

10:18 am, Saturday, February 9th, 2013 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 12 Comments

When we heard Newcastle were after Mathieu Debuchy of Lille about a year ago,  we thought this lad would be a great buy for the club, and there was never any doubt about his professionalism or skill – or the fact he was just a great guy, and he has come out today and said how much he is loving it at Newcastle.

mathieu debuchy during his medical

Mathieu Debuchy – during his medical at Newcastle

When players move in football it’s an upheaval for the family, but that’s also part of the job,  but Debuchy’s wife will join him at Newcastle this Monday so they can start settling down – and since Debuchy has arrived he’s been living in Ponteland with Yohan Cabaye and his wife.

Mathieu has given an interview to the Newcastle Journal today, and this is what the 13 times capped French International had to say:

“I am very happy and proud to be part of Newcastle United and I love it here.” “When I arrived what I really appreciated and what has been fantastic for me was going to see the stadium for the first time and to then play inside it.” “To finally arrive after such a long time wanting to come, the atmosphere is incredible.”

“I’ve settled in really well to the team, I’ve discovered a fantastic group of talented players. Yohan has taken me for a few walks to look around the city and the area. I’m the sort of person who likes to stay at home a lot to be honest. When I finish training I go home to sleep.”

“The hardest thing has been, for a short while, leaving my family behind in France. My wife arrives on Monday, though, and then our English lessons will begin properly.” “For a long time I’ve wanted to come and play in the Premier League. It has always appealed to me. It really suits me and my style of play. It is made for me.”

“I wanted to be here in the summer, but that didn’t go through. It was difficult at the start of the season to motivate myself at Lille, but fortunately I could make the move in the January window and I’m delighted to be here finally.”

“I was well aware of Moussa in France. In terms of his particular strengths and qualities, you could tell it would suit him here. He will do very well in England. I’ve played against him, he is strong and powerful and he is going to love it in the Premier League.”

“I think that is one of the reasons he came. Definitely, it is better for him to play against massive teams and world-class players every weekend.” “If he does well for Newcastle, he will get into the France squad. He is certainly good enough and his reputation is already growing.”

We suppose one of the things Mathieu would like to do quickly is some house hunting, and you’ve got to believe he will try to get a place close to his best friend Yohan Cabaye, somewhere in Ponteland, where a lot of the Newcastle players have always lived.

But Mathieu is going to be busy – although with him being omitted from the Europa League squad, he should get some time over the next two weeks to find a house.

Mathieu is another great acquisition by Newcastle, and we seem to be able to get the ones who just love to come to Newcastle, and the club’s made some stellar acquisitions over the last couple of years or so – and it’s going to be interesting to see who we add to the squad this summer.

Any ideas?

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 us on Google+:

You can also reach Ed at admin@nufcblog.com

=============================================

Tags: Mathieu Debuchy · Newcastle News

12 responses so far ↓

• 1 JAMSHA // Feb 9, 2013 at 10:25 AM

kick.spurs

• 2 Jamiemac // Feb 9, 2013 at 10:28 AM

If Simmo had been putting in the performances Debuchy has he would still be getting slaughtered. Never understood the over the top pathetic critisism.

• 3 Benji84 // Feb 9, 2013 at 10:28 AM

I feel a win tonight

If the defense holds it shape we should be fine

• 4 Magpies-till-d3ath // Feb 9, 2013 at 10:29 AM

Freelance journalist ?@indykaila
    Newcastle United owner Mike Ashley and his advisors have held meetings with Middle East group regarding full takeover of #NUFC. Early stages

Don’t know whether to believe it or not! I’ll see when I get back from New York!!!!!! Just heading here now!! #SoExcited

• 5 NEWEXPATMAGPIE // Feb 9, 2013 at 10:33 AM

@3:

You feel a win tonight? The kick-off is at 12:45pm?

I feel a win this afternoon mate!

• 6 check the toastie // Feb 9, 2013 at 10:36 AM

Jamiemac – thats rubbish, Simmo watched the game go past him, stood on the halfway line watching the game instead of getting involved, couldnt lace Debuchy’s boots, composure instead of get rid quickly, possession is everything and the gulf between Debuchy and Simmo in that respect is cataclismic.

• 7 check the toastie // Feb 9, 2013 at 10:38 AM

Not sure whether i would want some middle east group in charge of the Toon, soulless owners, wouldnt mind them getting a half share mind you, like the way we conducting business. However if they re-instore Keegan i will change my mind. although there again not sure i could go through all that again.

• 8 croftus5678 // Feb 9, 2013 at 10:44 AM

@2

simmo is an average rb imo nothing wrong with him backwards or forwards apart from him loses position and his odd few mistakes tend to end in goals for the other teams (prob just bad luck though) but the other side he saved a few goals off the line ect.

deb’s imo is 2 steps up though better in pretty much every department as he does not lose concentration and reads the game a hell of a lot better.

• 9 northernirishtoon // Feb 9, 2013 at 10:45 AM

Check

A takeover is the only way I think we could break into the top four

Bring it on lol

• 10 SpaceGhost // Feb 9, 2013 at 10:50 AM

i feel a lot of fans under estimate the value of having a proper international right back like Debuchy in our team. for me our two main signing has been Debuchy & Sissoko. Most teams attack our right side bcoz Simpson does not know where his position on the field. In attack or while defending. Sissoko compliments Cabaye in midfield. He brings tenacity & calmness in the middle of the park, both at the same time. Tiote & Anita will benefit havin a player of Sissoko qualities.

• 11 geordiemark // Feb 9, 2013 at 11:36 AM

magpies

that wouldnt suprise me at all really

• 12 wolfshead@toon // Feb 9, 2013 at 11:48 AM

death do you mean new york near shiremoor? haha

previous post: Newcastle’s French Players Already Having Big Impact