The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!

Sissoko – England Suits Me And My Style Of Play

10:16 am, Sunday, February 10th, 2013 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 14 Comments

We brought you some quotes from Yohan Cabaye in France Football earlier today, and Moussa Sissoko has also been talking in France Football, and he thinks the England game really suits his style.

demba ba cabaye

Moussa Sissoko - after scoring against Chelsea

Here’s the piece in France Football and with the help of Google Translate and myself, here is what the Newcastle midfielder said as he remembered the first time he played for france back in 2009 against the Faroe Islands, when he came on as a substitute for Jeremy Toulalan in the second half – and in those days Moussa says he was intimidated by the great Thierry Henry:

“The first time I was really young and very shy and I dared not do certain things. “I did not take some risks on the ground but now I try to dribble and play on my qualities and I have more experience. “

“England is for me” “When I arrived, the coach told me he was going to use me in this position in the first two matches.” “I had already done it in Toulouse but I never imagined scoring two goals in my first home game, especially against the European Champions.”

“I think England is for me, because it suits my style of play.”

Moussa had a decent game for Newcastle yesterday, but he didn’t play as well as he had in his first two games for the Magpies.

Was it just me who thought that both Cabaye and Sissoko looked a little tired in the second half, after Yohan played the whole game for France on Wednesday, and Moussa played for 80 minutes in the 2-1 loss to Germany in Paris on Wednesday evening.

Newcastle are still not out of the woods yet and we’re 5th bottom and need to beat Southampton in our next home game in two weeks time, and our star player yesterday – Yoan Gouffran – should be available for that game after he was stretchered off the pitch after about an hour of yesterday’s game.

It looks like his shin is just badly bruised, after an X-ray confirmed there is no break – and that’s very good news. :D

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 us on Google+:

You can also reach Ed at admin@nufcblog.com

=============================================

Tags: Moussa Sissoko · Newcastle News · Premier League

14 responses so far ↓

• 1 Mister Tuff // Feb 10, 2013 at 10:28 AM

Repost
    Streaming tip.
    Recently I’ve had some rubbish match streams -stopping/freezing/buffering. I use Google Chrome and always use the browser streams.
    Before the match yesterday I cleared all the browsing data/cleared the cache and the subsequent stream via First Row Sports was excellent – continuous viewing without any freezing best I’ve had.
    You can do a Google search for “clear cache Google Chrome” to find out how to do it. Very easy.

• 2 one Tony Green // Feb 10, 2013 at 10:29 AM

Ed I know you are running this site as a business but recently your articles are woeful.

• 3 Preqwal // Feb 10, 2013 at 10:29 AM

This guy can be our Yaya Toure. Strength, Pace and skill. What a combination. Things are looking up.

• 4 firebug666 // Feb 10, 2013 at 10:41 AM

Pards said in his pre-match interview that changing the team now would be unfair on the players who won the last two matches. I disagree; 1. Professional players should accept that they will not be playing in every game. 2. Pards should play a team that is capable of beating the opposition. 3. there should be no room for sentiment. IMO; Mbiwa for either Taylor or Coloccini, Tiote for Perch and Marveaux for Jonas Gutierrez. At least this way we could have kept the ball more in attack.

• 5 Moat1 // Feb 10, 2013 at 10:52 AM

my team 4 southampton:
    —————————-krul—————————-
    Debuchs———Mbiwa———Saylor———Santa
    ———————Anita———-Tiote—————–
    Benny——————–Sissoko—————-Goofy
    —————————–Cisse————————-

• 6 fergies left foot // Feb 10, 2013 at 10:52 AM

had your coffee yet ed? ;)

the pictures is Demba att goodison!

• 7 fergies left foot // Feb 10, 2013 at 10:53 AM

moat 1; no cabaye?

• 8 Moat1 // Feb 10, 2013 at 10:57 AM

He would be sub, bring him on after 50 min

• 9 Moat1 // Feb 10, 2013 at 11:01 AM

Interesting stuff. The journalist is well urm… clever

• 10 NEWEXPATMAGPIE // Feb 10, 2013 at 11:32 AM

Sissoko did,nt have half as much of a good game yesterday as he did against Chelski !

Tiote should of been on for Perch a lot earlier, and Jonas should of been off for Anita ?

Oh well, hope we are better next week at home to Southampton?

• 11 morocco0015 // Feb 10, 2013 at 11:38 AM

@3
    Do ya fancy doing it ?? Eds got the best toon blog goin man, if you don’t like it F OFF easy!!

• 12 toon1707 // Feb 10, 2013 at 11:58 AM

Cabaye on the bench never in a million years he is our best player by a mile

• 13 jaw4life // Feb 10, 2013 at 11:58 AM

That’s a picture of DEMBA BA….Bloody Hell.

• 14 AmericanMagpie // Feb 10, 2013 at 9:47 PM

HAHA. Demba Ba in the picture.

previous post: Gareth Bale Was The Difference Between The Sides