The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!

Good News – Gouffran Fit For Southampton Game

10:59 am, Monday, February 11th, 2013 by Ed Harrison · 93 Comments

It’s the news we had been hoping for,  and after the negative X-ray results on his shin bone, Yoan Gouffran was further examined by the Newcastle medics yesterday,  and he seems ready to go against Southampton - and that’s good news – because it could have been so much worse if he had suffered a fracture of his leg.

yoan gouffran injury tottenham

Yoan Gouffran on Saturday – yes – we’re sure it was sore

And Yoan has two weeks to fully recover, because he’s cup tied,  and cannot play in the next two Europa League games in any case, so he should be all set to go a week come Sunday against the Saints.

And the good news is that after the game he walked with no assistance onto the plane that took the lads back to Newcastle after the game in London.

It was Kyle Walker’s challenge that caused the injury to Yoan’s shin – and it was certainly painful for the Frenchman – and he was eventually carried off on a stretcher after quite a delay in the game.

Alan Pardew thought that losing the very impressive Gouffran was a big factor in the game:

“I thought it was difficult.” “Him not finishing the game caused us a problem.” “But, having said that, it’s not as serious as it could be.” “He’s got a gash. He looked less sore in the changing room.”

And Gouffran scored his first goal for the club at White Hart Lane, although it was just a little bit lucky as it was deflected and wrong footed Hugo Lloris in the Tottenham goal.

But it’s excellent news that Yoan is OK and not badly injured.

Note:

We are trying to help Charlie Elliott, who is in his final year at University and he’s majoring in Psychology and Criminology. Charlie’s doing a survey which is 100% anonymous, and we need some of our female readers who have smoked and done some weight control to complete the survey.

It’s just 5 questions and it shouldn’t take more than a few minutes to compete – here is the survey.

Thanks.

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 us on Google+:

You can also reach Ed at admin@nufcblog.com

=============================================

Tags: Europa League · European Competition · Injuries · Newcastle News · Premier League · Yoan Gouffran

93 responses so far ↓

• 1 croftus5678 // Feb 11, 2013 at 11:01 AM

whoohoo great to see the lad back.

• 2 Transfer Sage // Feb 11, 2013 at 11:03 AM

so glad it wasn’t a break. I feared the worst when I saw his leg.

• 3 toon1707 // Feb 11, 2013 at 11:04 AM

Really can not wait to take my seat for the Southampton game Ben Arfa cisse and goofy up top with tiote sissoko and cabaye behind them with those six we should look a very dangerous team

• 4 ~ Phoenix Warrior Perch~ // Feb 11, 2013 at 11:06 AM

Praise the heavens! Goofy is safe.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Krul~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    ~Debuchy~~~~~~Saylor~~~~Colo/Mbiwa~~~Santon~
    ~~~~~~~Cabaye~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Anita~~~~~~~~~~
    ~Jonas~~~~~~~~~~~~Sissoko~~~~~~~~~~~~Arfa~~
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Goofy~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

• 5 Toon-Prodigy // Feb 11, 2013 at 11:06 AM

Dear me, these articles are coming thick and fast today arn’t they..

Anyway,

Transfer,

Agree Transfer,

This is exactly what Bale does, he chops and changes roams about down the wing, if he gets no joy he comes in and through the middle.

He was limited first half because we had a brilliant spell during it. Sadly when Gouffran went off and our midfielders tired it was a knocking bet what was going to happen. Bale should of been man marked for me. He would of been limited. And the best person for that job is Tiote, although I know some don’t agree with that. He is one of the best readers of the game and breaking down play in the premier league. You got to get your big players in for the big games, thats the way I see it. His past form over five games ago was irrelevant for me. Everyone was poor then.

Excellent news on Goofy. Over the moon for the lad.

Right, its my bedtime. Work tonight.

Have a pleasant day lads.

• 6 Transfer Sage // Feb 11, 2013 at 11:07 AM

toon1707

Can’t think of many sides better than that in all honesty in the league.

For all i like and rate cisse if we could replace him with a suarez, tevez, aguero, van persie player it would be as good as any.

I don’t want cisse gone before anyone complains, but i’d love a forward in the mold of suarez (without the baggage)

• 7 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Feb 11, 2013 at 11:08 AM

Great news on Gouffran. Really missed him when he was stretchered off. Glad he got a goal, hopefully many more to come.

• 8 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Feb 11, 2013 at 11:09 AM

TS @6….”without the baggage” or rat like features :)

• 9 Toon-Prodigy // Feb 11, 2013 at 11:10 AM

Speak of the devil lads,

• 10 Transfer Sage // Feb 11, 2013 at 11:12 AM

ibiza

now now…rats deserve to play too haha

• 11 ~ Phoenix Warrior Perch~ // Feb 11, 2013 at 11:14 AM

Honestly wouldn’t be sad if we cashed in on Tiote in the summer.

• 12 outsidethebox // Feb 11, 2013 at 11:15 AM

phoenix @4 …agree with most of best team but think mbai will be better than saylor and cisse i thought played well against spurs has to play in front of jonas…

krull
    debuchy mbai collo santon
    benny cab tiote goofy
    sissoko
    cisse.

• 13 ~ Phoenix Warrior Perch~ // Feb 11, 2013 at 11:19 AM

I’d rather Mbiwa and Saylor. Colo is likely to leave in the summer, so why not get a headstart on Saylor + Mbiwa partnering together and getting an understanding of how each other plays.

I’m honestly frustrated with Cisse at the moment. Half the time I wanna tear my hair out when I watch him play. Good first touch. Non existent second touch.

• 14 Ketsbaia9 // Feb 11, 2013 at 11:21 AM

Even though Gouffran’s shot took a slight deflection, it was well struck and would’ve gone in anyway. He’s done better than I thought. But still, Marveaux on his day is a very exciting player to watch. I’d love to see Marveaux and Anita back in the starting line up.

• 15 outsidethebox // Feb 11, 2013 at 11:22 AM

just noticed @ 12 …no british player in team ..saylor will have to step up a gear and learn from collo to take his place in summer …who are the english close to first team ????

• 16 Ketsbaia9 // Feb 11, 2013 at 11:25 AM

I don’t expect us to sign any English players in the summer. Alderweield and Benteke are must signings.

• 17 Rotonda heights // Feb 11, 2013 at 11:27 AM

Outside the box

Spot on. just hope Pards reads the script. That team is awesome. A bit rough on Saylor though in light of recent form.

Maybe in for Colo whose mind is understandably elsewhere right now. or play 3 at the back with a sweeper and Debuchy and Santon being raiding wing backs

Please no more automatic Jonas and then Perch and Shola ahead of better quality people.

Ibiza

I like the direction we are taking both in shape and personnel. But somewhere Pardew has to go with it, not mutter on about Carroll and preferring to sign English players .

Pardew has to rid himself of his comfort zone of a typical 442, defensive, long ball English manager and go with the continental flow and keep going with it for the greater good.

• 18 Transfer Sage // Feb 11, 2013 at 11:28 AM

kets

Marv has played best for us in a central role, he has really struggled out wide so he would have to be in the middle.

Anita isn’t an out and out DM, he is sort of a link between DM and attack which is what cabaye is a better version of really.

I would love to see anita and marv in but not sure who would be dropped.

Whats you idea?

• 19 donkeypunch // Feb 11, 2013 at 11:29 AM

tioti a qwality player hes the guy who does the dirty work in your team people say he gets a lot of cards but hes allways going to get that from the style he plays breaking teams down cant believe people would be happy if we sold him all good dms pick up cards its just how it is You only have to look at your roy keanes and veiras to see how important players like that are for a team

• 20 Transfer Sage // Feb 11, 2013 at 11:30 AM

rotonda

I’m with you on carroll, look for a continental target man like ibrahimovich or llorente, obviously not those two but in that style.

• 21 Transfer Sage // Feb 11, 2013 at 11:34 AM

rotonda

We do need some good english players coming in though, we can only have 17 players (over 21) who aren’t british in the squad.

We already have these….debuchy, santon, colo, mbiwa, cabaye, anita, tiote, marv, gouff, cisse, benny, sissoko, jonas

Thats 14 players which only allows for 3. Unless we sell first.

We need a 25 man squad so we need to make sure we have at least 8 english/british (whatever the rule is) who are good enough for us.

• 22 donkeypunch // Feb 11, 2013 at 11:37 AM

carrol not that bad on the ground cant believe people have written him of so much very short memorys hes just a stiker low on confidance at the moment my only concern with carrol now is his injury record

• 23 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Feb 11, 2013 at 11:40 AM

Rotonda…It has always been said, whether legitimate or not is debatable (however recent evidence would show it is) that Pardew actually fovours a 4-2-3-1. I claimed at the time that the 4-4-2 was more out of circumstance or wanting to get Ba and Cisse to link. Anyway, I think we have moved on from that, at least for the majority of the time.

I do feel Pardew can grow with the team, how long for I don’t know, but for now I think he can.

On Carroll, I don’t think he’s such a write off as many do. For me it all depends on the following:

1) Transfer fee
    2) Wages
    3) What choice ST he would be.

As a replacement for Shola I’d say get him. As a replacement for Ba then no thanks.

We do need some British players and as a back up choice we could do a lot worse than Carroll imo. Of course, we could do better.

I’m not that fussed really, but if it was to be a week in week out starter then my concerns would grow.

I’m still not convinced that he doesn’t just drop his name to wind people up….mainly Liverpool. Still one of the best bits of business i’ve seen in the footballing world…£35m :)

• 24 rainrix // Feb 11, 2013 at 11:40 AM

Donkey… I dont think carrolls a bad player, especially not if he’s meant as a direct replacement for shola. People have really short memories he was brilliant for us and isnt as 1 dimensional as some on here would make him out to be.

The problem is like you say injuries plus cost. Theres much better value out there for the quoted price of 17mil.

• 25 Transfer Sage // Feb 11, 2013 at 11:41 AM

donkey

The guy had a good 6 month spell for us in the prem league (following a good championship year).

He struggled at liverpool and he has struggled at west ham.

For 2 years not he has been poor and has been injured 40% of the time if not more.

He is one of many players who have a great start then just cannot keep going.

• 26 Transfer Sage // Feb 11, 2013 at 11:43 AM

I’ rather benteke as a target man, good in the air, good on the ground, already has 13/14 goals this year in a poor villa side.

• 27 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Feb 11, 2013 at 11:50 AM

“I heard Beckham’s decision and it made me think,” Ibrahimovic told reporters while on duty with the Swedish national team. “Who is most deserving of all of the money that I, Zlatan, am paid? The answer is Zlatan. The children of Paris are not leading Ligue 1 in goals this season. I am. I have 20 goals. The next best players have 12. Twelve! If anything, the children of Paris should be giving me even more money for having the privilege of being in the same city as my incredible quality. And so should David Beckham. Call it a Zlaritable donation.”

Did he really say that?

• 28 rainrix // Feb 11, 2013 at 11:52 AM

Must admit i’d be massively underwhelmed if we broke our transfer record for carroll. 17Mil is the same price Chelsea paid for lukaku, and who would you rather have? Might as well slap in a cheeky bid for him see if chelsea will budge :)

• 29 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Feb 11, 2013 at 11:53 AM

Rainrix…At £17m we should stay well away. If anyone is willing to pay that for Carroll now then they are more than welcome to him. Just can’t see those figures being paid

• 30 rainrix // Feb 11, 2013 at 11:53 AM

Ibiza…

• 31 Transfer Sage // Feb 11, 2013 at 11:54 AM

ibiza….that settles it.

• 32 rainrix // Feb 11, 2013 at 11:55 AM

Ibiza… Yup 17 mil is way to much and given our past transfer policy i doubt we’d spend it. But pards and lambias seem to have a love interest in the lad. Not sure what’ll happen, just hope it doesn’t involve swap deals :|

• 33 Jamiemac // Feb 11, 2013 at 11:55 AM

Completely agree with Phoenix Warrior Perch @ 13

Saylor has been brilliant for us last 2 years, love watching him play, he puts his body on the line at all times and has far more passion than Colo. If it was up to me I would have Saylor and MYM but we have to accept thats not likely to happen.

• 34 Ketsbaia9 // Feb 11, 2013 at 11:57 AM

Was going to drop Gutierrez and Perch but both have upped their games. Marveaux is definitely better as an AM. He likes playing up the field. Wouldn’t say Cabaye is better than Anita. Anita is technically sound. Would rather have Anita in the team than Tiote at the moment. Tiote concedes too many fouls. Anita is more attacking and has a good footballing brain. Anita is also fast as hell.

• 35 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Feb 11, 2013 at 12:00 PM

TS & Rainrix…So not true then :)

Back on Carroll….As I said earlier, i’m not sure it’s not just a big joke to Llambias and Pardew. We got £35m for him, but yeah we’d take the under-performing Geordie…at a cut price.

Just a constant reminder of how much they over paid for him in the first place.

For the right money though and as an alternative to Shola I’d be happy enough to have him back. We can’t just get players we all want, we’d have nothing to complain about ;)

• 36 donkeypunch // Feb 11, 2013 at 12:01 PM

kets agree with you on the Alderweield, hes an awesome defender but really dont see nufc getting him when we can get douglas on a free and already got taylor aswell and we need all the spare cash for another qwailty forward in the summer 1 bony 2 bentake 2 carrol really think we will be in for them players at the end of the season

• 37 rainrix // Feb 11, 2013 at 12:03 PM

Ibiza… I dont see why me and sage both did leg work for you when you could have easily googled it yourself. Sorry mate but your tyrannical reign over this blog has to end. Ibiza Out!!! :)

For the right money say 7mil i’d have carroll in a heartbeat, but obviously liverpool feel mugged off and want to recoup as much as possible, i’d give it a wide birth ;)

• 38 Transfer Sage // Feb 11, 2013 at 12:03 PM

ibiza

I’d rather have carroll than shola but carroll costs money and shola is here for free.

In all honestly I would rather have neither.

Which teams around the top of their leagues in the major european leagues have a big target man (who is as bad as carroll on the ground, not saying he is terrible on the ground but he isn’t fluid).

• 39 Williamsonsuks // Feb 11, 2013 at 12:05 PM

Really happy with gouffron. Seems to be loving his football just now. Sissoko didn’t have the best game on Saturday but can tell he has class. I’m still not giving up on Cisse, needs to work on his composure in front of goal. Still fancy him to reach 15 this season. Know it sounds unrealistic but once the midfield gels completely he’ll get a lot more service.

• 40 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Feb 11, 2013 at 12:07 PM

rainrix…To be fair, I did search and came up with the stories claiming it to be true. Wasn’t for a lack of effort, just ineffective :) Saying that, I didn’t think I had reign over the blog and If I do then i must apologise for the terrible job I am doing. I hearby resign and give all power to you…good luck buddy :)

Back on to Carroll….yet again….£7m for sure. At this point I’m not sure what choice Liverpool have. Maybe they could get £10m from someone…time will tell.

• 41 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Feb 11, 2013 at 12:10 PM

TS…Shola is almost over though, can’t see him being around too much longer. So now we need a new local scapegoat that is only effective every now and then and likes to get injured….sounds like Carroll to me :)

• 42 rainrix // Feb 11, 2013 at 12:12 PM

Ibiza… I find it suspicious you so easily handed over control to me and at almost the same time it’s been announced the popes resigning. Have you another gig lined up ibiza? Have you conspired with lambias and ashley to dispose of the pope? :)

Either way thanks for the reigns i have several policies that ive been wanting to introduce, more to follow……

• 43 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Feb 11, 2013 at 12:15 PM

Rainrix….For legal reasons all I can say is “no comment”.

I wonder if “Pope Ibiza I” is already taken on the blog?

Got to split, I can hear Ashleys helicopter arriving ;)

• 44 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Feb 11, 2013 at 12:15 PM

Nevermind, it’s just a little windy outside.

So tell me about these new policies…

• 45 ArtyH // Feb 11, 2013 at 12:19 PM

Just a thought, if QPR go down, what will happen to Remmy and Samba? They are surely to have release clauses in their contracts, would be sweat to get one over old slaver chops with news of a release clause on those two. They would tick all the boxes for me in the summer for about £15-20m we would be sorted.

• 46 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Feb 11, 2013 at 12:21 PM

ArtyH….I would imagine that Samba at least would have many alternatives at a decent fee when QPR go down (I have purposely left out the word ‘if’ there :) ). As for Remy, I’m keen to see what he does in the PL first. Was all set for us signing him and maybe it’s just sour grapes but I’d love us to just move on and let him get on with his thing. That could all change mind if he adapts well to the PL…fickle? Moi?

• 47 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Feb 11, 2013 at 12:25 PM

How about Whitley Bay then? I know it was a friendly but I expected them to get trounced. Not sure if that makes me more or less nervous about our upcoming game.

• 48 rainrix // Feb 11, 2013 at 12:25 PM

Ibiza… I dont want to spoil too much yet as lunchtime is dawning quickly and the list is a massive manifesto.

Although to titilate you everyones name will be followed by the title “of shola” E.g rainrix of shola. That way all negative comments about shola will be viewed as ironic/ sarcastic. Also profile pictures will be introduced but they will all be variations of shola. Also the banner will stay the same apart from sholas head will be photoshopped onto everyones body. Also any swears will be replaced with shola. On bank holidays the above will simply be swapped out for Williamson.

Again this is a very brief outline, theres still a good 100 pages to go. ;)

• 49 Charlie in the Gallowgate // Feb 11, 2013 at 12:27 PM

Goufran and Ben Arfa back in squad for Southampton – Brilliant

If we get no injuries in the Metalists games – strongest squad this season

LETS NOT BLOW IT – Southampton won’t be easy

• 50 ArtyH // Feb 11, 2013 at 12:27 PM

Yes Ibiza just thought it would give us a good opportunity to see how they both performed in a struggling side. I know Samba would have many lifeboats available to him but he is a great player and would be a class signing for us, wages would be a big problem though.

• 51 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Feb 11, 2013 at 12:28 PM

Rainrix…Shola that! Sounds Sholaing terrible. Should scare away any mackem imposters though :)

Would my name change be “Ibizatoon – Back by Sholas demand”?

• 52 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Feb 11, 2013 at 12:31 PM

Arty….No doubting Sambas ability, he has shown though that he is not a team player as in he jumps ship when the going gets tough. I would think he’s a bit of a non starter even if only for the reason that he seems a mercenary. Shame, as he is a decent CB.

Charlie…Exciting stuff if we can get them all on the pitch together.

• 53 rainrix // Feb 11, 2013 at 12:33 PM

ibiza… That would be acceptable as long as you give yourself over to the higher power that is shola. As you can see I’m trying to create a cult of shola.

Mackem deterrence is pages 45-46 of the manifesto if you’d like a review on the subject. As a heads up the word “nets” is used profoundly along with “territorial marking” simple yet effective. :)

• 54 ArtyH // Feb 11, 2013 at 12:35 PM

Just wondering if Liverfool would take Shola in partex for Carrol and give us a couple of million?
    Ibeza probably right but they are all the same mercenaries – after the money just some more than others ( bit of animal farm there ).

• 55 ArtyH // Feb 11, 2013 at 12:36 PM

Sorry Ibiza ( Ibeza need my specs).

• 56 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Feb 11, 2013 at 12:39 PM

Rainrix….It all sounds wonderful. I do wonder though how you plan to enforce such revolutionary policies? Not that I think you’ll have a problem at getting people to accept Shola as our higher power….

If this isn’t too presumptuous of me, having recently handed over the reigns, I have a little mackem deterrence of my own. At log in, simply have a quick spelling test. That’ll keep them busy. Once you pass the spelling test (which incidentally any word used only needs to have 5 letters) a picture of a bar of soap pops up, that will scare off any of the slightly educated webbed feet neighbours.

Your thoughts oh masterful one (secondary to Shola…of course…right?).

• 57 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Feb 11, 2013 at 12:42 PM

Arty…Seeing as Liverpool don’t even want Carroll I can’t see them taking Shola :) Plus you want to be careful, it’s still in it’s infancy but I’d imagine such a suggestion would land you in hot water with Rainrix.

I get what you’re saying on mercenaries, but for me, given the situation in Russia I can’t believe he signed for them. Money is great, but no amount of money would make me subject myself to that sort of cr*p, but he probably did it to try and change the situation over there and not the money…ha ha.

• 58 rainrix // Feb 11, 2013 at 12:46 PM

Ibiza… How will i enforce it? Space magic of course.

Im not sure if you’ve grasped the concept of a dictatorship your thoughts and ideas are unnecessary. Although i will address your concerns on mackems. As such i have created an inventive and completely original idea. At log in, there will be quick spelling test. That’ll keep them busy. Once you pass the spelling test (which incidentally any word used only needs to have 5 letters) a picture of a bar of soap pops up, that will scare off any of the slightly educated webbed feet neighbours.

Of course that being said i do need someone to run the place while I’m away at evenings and weekends. If you aren’t to busy with your new cardinal duties how would you like the position of chancellor? Theres great benefits including exemption from the daily witch hunts (another policy enforced witch hunts & lynching)

• 59 wynsleap // Feb 11, 2013 at 1:08 PM

Ed – Great to hear your news. Yes the Blog is important to us all here but don’t forget your health is even more important than that. Long may you both reign!
    Haven’t been on for a while but have to say I am mighty impressed by the new signings. Gouffran looks the biz and works his socks off incredibly for the cause with the addition of technical ability, pitch awareness and an eye for goal. Shola take note!!
    Think it’s time we got Mbiwa into the team at central defence although it’s a toss up between Saylor or Colo as to who I’d leave out.
    The thought of Benny coming back into the first team together with a revitalised Tiote really makes the hairs on your neck stand up.
    Even the bench is starting to look formidable and that is a good sign. If we can get our owner to continue realising that you have to spend money on good players we may have a team worthy of our support next season.
    Let’s get the feel good factor going again by stuffing the Saints in our next game. We still need points desperately.

• 60 Yohan // Feb 11, 2013 at 1:11 PM

Just logged in to say hope you’re all better ED and keep making posts way past the 6 months you stated.

You are a big part of a lot of peoples lives.

Legend

• 61 Ketsbaia9 // Feb 11, 2013 at 1:14 PM

In his last 4 matches, Sissoko has scored 2 goals and has made 3 assists. Definitely a bloke on top form.

• 62 Charlie in the Gallowgate // Feb 11, 2013 at 1:15 PM

Ibazatoon
    Yeah looking forward to the Metaslist games and the Southampton Games teams he picks.
    If we get them all on the pitch – Crikey what team will we start with cos Mbiwa would of had a couple of games as well as Goufron and Bennie being fit

• 63 Nufc-83 // Feb 11, 2013 at 1:17 PM

For me in the summer priority’s would be:

1 cb to replace colo
    1 winger with quality delivery (in Jarvis mould)
    1 st (benteke would be ideal)

• 64 Ketsbaia9 // Feb 11, 2013 at 1:21 PM

We need 2 centre backs as Coloccini will definitely be leaving. Douglas and Alderweireld fit the bill.

We need a winger but that’s on the bottom of the list.

We need two strikers as all top teams have at least 4 top strikers. I’d go for Benteke/Bony and Sulejmani/Zarate.

• 65 wynsleap // Feb 11, 2013 at 1:36 PM

Ketsbaia @64 – Unfortunately you’re right. Without doubt Colo will be away and Williamson should be peddled as he is not of the standard needed with our first team squad..
    We need more quality in that department.
    Similarly on the wing. Obertan is not the answer and despite some on here I think Marveaux still has the jury out.
    As far as strikers go I think one only may be necessary (or possible) as good ones aren’t cheap.
    Would like to see the day when we can spend most of our budget each window on the ONE top player who can come in and replace the current weakest link in the first
    team at the time. (As Manure have done for years).
    We need to get into a situation where we don’t need to be purchasing three or four decent performers each season. Could take another two or three seasons to get there however.

• 66 Ketsbaia9 // Feb 11, 2013 at 1:45 PM

Marveaux is great as a playmaker. He isn’t naturally a left-winger.

One striker isn’t enough. We need a big striker and a pacey striker. Sulejmani is available on a free. We could just sign 2 striker and 2 centre backs and utilise Sulejmani on the wing. Douglas and Sulejmani should be signed for free and we should splash out £20m on Benteke and Alderweireld.

• 67 Markaccus // Feb 11, 2013 at 1:46 PM

Kets, as much as you will hate this fact, I’m affraid we won’t be able to sign all non-english players. We only have 3 places left as it is (colo leaving makes 14) but I’m pretty sure there’s at least two non-english youngsters who will have to be counted as senior players next year (haidara I think, possibly marveaux or abied). So I’m affraid some of our new signings will have to be home grown. We can’t sign all foreign youngsters, we need some experience.

• 68 Markaccus // Feb 11, 2013 at 1:50 PM

4, Not 14! Where did that 1 come from :s

• 69 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Feb 11, 2013 at 1:52 PM

Rainrix…Chancellor you say. Count me in. Brilliant idea about the mackem deterrent….wish I had come up with it, but I guess thats why you’re the head honcho.

Charlie…It’s madness, actual competition for places in a PL squad…who would have thought?!?

• 70 DokToon // Feb 11, 2013 at 1:52 PM

ed,

great news indeed…. so glad to hear!

HWTE = Howay The Ed!!

• 71 Wayayman // Feb 11, 2013 at 1:54 PM

I don’t rate Marveaux to be honest. I think he’s a lazy player and a luxury a relegation-fighting team can’t afford. He is good offensively but can’t tackle or close down for shiite. I don’t think we play should him when Benny is fit, and he’s a central player too so i’d have Cabs, Tiote & Mo in the middle with Benny & Jonas alternating sides and Gouffran behind Cisse

• 72 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Feb 11, 2013 at 1:55 PM

Kets & Mark…you are both dead to me ;)

• 73 Charlie in the Gallowgate // Feb 11, 2013 at 1:57 PM

ibizatoon
    ‘Madness’ ‘who would of thought’ – had a chuckle – sums the toon up this season

• 74 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Feb 11, 2013 at 1:58 PM

Wayayman….I like Marv and do rate him, but completely agree that as far as the team goes he is a luxury player and not our best one at that, hence why he doesn’t get much game time.

He’s a great option to have and if we weren’t in such a situation that we find ourselves in (some will argue we wouldn’t have been if he had been played ahead of say Guti earlier in the season – my argument would be he’s equally ineffective as an attacking winger) he would be great. I still think he has a good role to play, but it may be more for next season, if we can keep him that is.

• 75 dannyboy // Feb 11, 2013 at 1:59 PM

theres really no difference in us finishing 17th or 8th , if we get through this game and get close to 37points , why not playing a near full strength squad in europa ? and give us all a chance of getting on a plane to amsterdam ! what an experience that would be and a morale booster for the city,staff, fans and players. if we finish in a poor position in the league for are standards , it would be handy for our reputation to do well in the cup , to attract more quailty bargins next year, ok weve signed a few good players but there is alot of deadwood at the club and a lot of young players who lets face it simply arent going to cut it at the highest level! i really think we should give europa a real good go if we ge past this stage ! up the toon !

• 76 Transfer Sage // Feb 11, 2013 at 1:59 PM

markaccus

I think that we have player debuchy, mbiwa, colo, santon, cabs, anita, tiote, marv, jonas, gouff, ben arfa, cisse

thats 14….like you say.

Colo will probable leave but can’t any others going so 3/4 at most coming in. I’d sell off abeid and amalfitano.

I’d like to get a few players in who are english and can make up the 8 other member of the squad, replace the likes of willo and raylor.

George Friend would be perfect for a low fee and to cover CB as well as FB for willo’s place.

• 77 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Feb 11, 2013 at 1:59 PM

Charlie…Chuckling at our misfortune this season? Should I get my pitchfork out? :)

• 78 Transfer Sage // Feb 11, 2013 at 2:02 PM

I think that marv is a good alternative to play in sissoko or cabaye role in the middle, but not better so just a sub for me.

• 79 Markaccus // Feb 11, 2013 at 2:04 PM

Ibiza. Whadidadoo???? :D

• 80 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Feb 11, 2013 at 2:08 PM

Mark…

Ibizatoon @69

“83, Kets & Wynsleap..Agree with all of that. Is that a first for the blog, four consecutive posts being in agreement? That is assuming no one steals post66 from me.”

You may not have had post 66, but you did take 67 and 68, which is just as bad. Anyway, here I am having a conversation with someone who is dead to me….

• 81 Charlie in the Gallowgate // Feb 11, 2013 at 2:09 PM

Ibiza
    Brought a lot of it on themselves with lack of summer signings

• 82 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Feb 11, 2013 at 2:10 PM

Charlie…Can’t argue with that. Pitchfork down.

• 83 Ketsbaia9 // Feb 11, 2013 at 2:14 PM

Not dead yet chaps. The board has stated that we’ll be signing players from the Dutch league. English players are too expensive and they aren’t viable with regards to our transfer policy. I’m hoping for at least 4 foreigners to come into the first team squad during the summer. 2CB and 2strikers would be great.

• 84 Charlie in the Gallowgate // Feb 11, 2013 at 2:18 PM

Ibiza
    Surely they can’t cock-up the rest of the season – BUT following the Toon for the last 50 years !!!!!!

• 85 Markaccus // Feb 11, 2013 at 2:21 PM

KETSBAIA!! READ CAREFULLY, WE CANT JUST SIGN FOREIGNERS, WE WILL GO OVER OUR QUOTA. AHHHHHHH!

• 86 robin // Feb 11, 2013 at 2:22 PM

Tiote,Cabaye, HBA, Sissoko, these are all players NUFC, should be breaking the bank to hang onto and get shot of the Ameobis,Colocini,Jonas,williamson,simpson and Pardew, all hopeless at their profession. Take Pardew please , he cannot see that his Captain is finished also the alleged winger Jonas is finished,Ameobi well he never started there must be a covenant which states he has to stay at the club, as he’s not still here because of his ability. Keegan tried to ship him off to Stoke then the Ameobi curse did for Keegan, much the same as all the other previous managers from Gullit up. So beware Pardew your next!

• 87 Markaccus // Feb 11, 2013 at 2:26 PM

…..And with the arrival of Robin, time to go again. Can’t stand these idiots who blame pardew and colo for the smell of their own siht!

• 88 mattnufc // Feb 11, 2013 at 2:31 PM

Kets we all now what you want. Stop posting it ten time every day.

• 89 robin // Feb 11, 2013 at 2:32 PM

Markus calm down you social retard go and polish your signed Photo of Pardew! And we don’t want know about your toilet habits you animal!

• 90 Ketsbaia9 // Feb 11, 2013 at 2:34 PM

We might sign 1 british player for the youth team. Transfers are the hottest topic at the moment. We are 4/5 players away from having a champions league squad. Check out the article from the chronicle suggesting that we’ll do most of our summer shopping in the DUTCH market.

• 91 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Feb 11, 2013 at 2:34 PM

Charlie….Watch this space :)

Kets…Just to be clear, I was joking. Not wishing death on anyone.

• 92 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Feb 11, 2013 at 2:37 PM

Mark…Have you not been keeping your Pardew picture properly polished?

Right, your punishment is to say “Pardew picture properly polished” 100 times.

Robin…Hello!

• 93 Sav // Feb 12, 2013 at 2:11 AM

Good job it was only Kyle Walker and not Dave McKay. Embarrassing. But listening to yet another commentry gantry ready-diagnosis from Niall Quinn accompanied by a lot of snickering and adulatory ‘Tell us again, how tough were you snivelling from his fellow radio jockey was as sickening as the contact itself..

previous post: If You Don’t Perform – You Don’t Get In The Team