Fans Split Down The Middle On Andy Carroll

Well it seems that Newcastle fans are divided on whether Geordie Andy Carroll would be a good buy at £10M this summer, and that’s after we got an amazing £35M for him just over two years ago.

ndy carroll west ham

Andy Carroll – 44% opposed to paying £10M for him this summer

At the time of writing 47% thought Andy would be a good buy at £10M in the summer, and 44% didn’t think so – with the others not sure.

Newcastle will be bringing in a new striker this summer, and it seems that it’s between Andy, Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang of ST. Etienne and Ricky van Wolfswinkel of Sporting Lisbon.

But it seems that Newcastle were never interested in Ivory Coast International striker Wilfried Bony of Vitesse, according to what Derek LLambias said this morning in the Newcastle Journal.

Its seems to us that Newcastle seem most interested in Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang, since we think Andy Carroll will still cost too much – and we don’t think we’ll be able to get him for £10M.

But if we do get Andy he would certainly give us an option we don’t have up front at the moment – somebody who is a very good header of the ball, and of course he’s a local lad who came through the Academy.

Here’s the latest poll figures, and you can still vote if you haven’t already done so.

Should Newcastle Sign Andy Carroll For £10M?

View Results
Loading ... Loading ...

We ran this heart wrenching story yesterday on Eve Miller – please help the 10 year-old if you possibly can – many thanks.

eve may 2010

Here are Eve’s Facebook page – and also the Just Giving page.

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 us on Google+:

You can also reach Ed at admin@nufcblog.com

=============================================

• check the toastie

Feb 12, 2013 at 7:04 PM

Wouldnt sign him, too much money unfortunately, maybe wait a couple of years and get him on a free, he will still only be 25/26ish, perfect.

• Krul to be Kind

Feb 12, 2013 at 7:04 PM

Just read the new targets report and got very excited!

Wijnaldum… now this is a kid that I truly thought was above us, I expect great things from him and I really really hope we sign this kid, he is an amazing attacking talent that can play anywhere in the attacking 3rd but has went off the radar over recent years.

A great piece of business should we get him, but I have a feeling his price will be very big, so I won’t hold my breath on this one but great to be linked all the same!

• sticklebricks

Feb 12, 2013 at 7:05 PM

No doubt the 44% that think he wouldn’t be good value are the same 44% that caused uproar when we sold him for “only” 35M…

• Mackems are from MORDOR!

Feb 12, 2013 at 7:15 PM

NO. Pass. Next
    Sorry AC, you had your chance and made a poor decision. Are Newcastle to bail you out because it didn’t work? And what if he did do well, another club comes calling and he’s away again?
    Ive seen more french players show genuine want to come here and you took your first ticket out. Contracts work 2 ways before anyone throws up that nonsense.

• Super Magpie

Feb 12, 2013 at 7:18 PM

No, he isn’t good enough and isn’t the type of player we need. I wouldn’t be too pleased if we signed him in all honesty.

• northernirishtoon

Feb 12, 2013 at 7:20 PM

@indykaila: Mike Ashley has name his price for #Newcastle football Club. He is looking at a 45% profit. The new TV deal is the key here. Talks ongoing

What do ye’s reckon

• Tinman

Feb 12, 2013 at 7:25 PM

– Was very good business when we sold him, no doubt about it
    – I still believe he is a top striker and will definately add to our squad
    – Playing Carroll goes against the way most fans want to see us play
    – He is a geordie and that still matters. A lot.
    – Wages are probably too high for us now
    – Too many injuries
    – 10m too much on recent form

Thats some of the points which influence my opinion and I consequently decide we probably wont or shouldnt sign him. He wont be the main man anymore and I dont think he will want that either.

However if he takes a pay cut, accepts the fact he isnt going to be the star man anymore and we wont play to suit his style….Then and only then can I see a way back for him.

He would be a good addition to our squad nevertheless

• croftus5678

Feb 12, 2013 at 7:25 PM

7mil and yep i’d have him personally (worth a gamble then)

and i must opologise to ibiza from an earlier post where i stated i would love cambell to play and rest cisse in case of injuries.

but after going away and thinking about it some maybe it would be best to play cisse and bring cambell on as a sub or play them both seeing as cambell play on the defenders shoulders it may stop cisse running offside.

• Tinman

Feb 12, 2013 at 7:28 PM

If he did come he would add to us but I think we would be putting a lot of faith in Pardew to manage him correctly.

This story is getting a bit boring now though. Isnt it Ed…?

• donkeypunch

Feb 12, 2013 at 7:28 PM

Ricky van Wolfswinkel im really not convince about would he be an improvement on cisse or offer us much diffence in attack and Pierre-Emerick Aubameyangnot not really a forward and not really a winger and they both look a bit to light weight for the premier league although pea i think would offer us a lot of pace upfront

• Howay50

Feb 12, 2013 at 7:31 PM

Let’s face it Andy is a Championship player. NUFC should definetly not buy him unless we are relegated.

• Toon1978

Feb 12, 2013 at 7:31 PM

Lads, what’s with all the club up for sale reports? Anyon have any more info? Apart from that, if we did get taken over by a rich oil company we wouldn’t be to spend the money like the Chelsea’s or City’s of this world because fair play comes in next year…..typical!!

• croftus5678

Feb 12, 2013 at 7:34 PM

@3

i can not speak for everyone but you are correct with me.

i did kick up a fuss when we sold him as he was in my eyes an england international and i could not see how he would be replaced (and was not at the time)

but when you take that geordie pride away and look towards the real world ! they was right to sell him and the players they brought in was far superior to him.

considering how much the prem has progressed i now think he is a good striker not great as he does struggle for goals and does have a lot of injuries!

and compare it to the strikers you can get for that price !

• donkeypunch

Feb 12, 2013 at 7:36 PM

The Journal is reporting that Ivorian striker Wilfred Bony will not be a target for Newcastle, although he has been watched – but the thinking of Graham Carr is that he would struggle in the Premier League from a physical point of view . HAD TO LAUGH WHEN I READ THAT THINK WERE TRYING TO HIDE THE FACT THAT WERE REALLY INTERESTED IN HIM

• Rotonda heights

Feb 12, 2013 at 7:39 PM

sticklebricks

was delighted when A.C left and definitely don’t want him back. it’s taken pardew all season to finally ditch hoof ball.

• ToonDarnSarf

Feb 12, 2013 at 7:39 PM

Another Carroll article?! I reckon we should sign Shearer, Beardsley, Waddle & Gazza…

• Howay50

Feb 12, 2013 at 7:39 PM

Toon 1978 – where are you seeing reports that the club is up for sale? Not seeing it on my screens…..

• tequilamag

Feb 12, 2013 at 7:41 PM

The only person reporting this takeover is that indykaila character. From what I can see of him he either just regurgitates what is on the internet or makes stuff up. He was saying Pardew was going to be sacked back in Jan.. Basically full of sh*t

• Toon1978

Feb 12, 2013 at 7:44 PM

Howay50

Sorry mate, not up for sale just seeing rumours that Ashley is having talks with Arabs about selling the club. I don’t know how much truth there is in this so i would take it with a pinch at salt.

• donkeypunch

Feb 12, 2013 at 7:45 PM

bony would struggle in the Premier League from a physical point of view] the guys a f*****g beast fast strong and great balance such a smoke sreen from DL putting out that statement were so going to get him in the summer

• Rotonda heights

Feb 12, 2013 at 7:45 PM

I think the only plus point of a takeover would be to get a manager upgrade. Would hate to see the end of what Carr is doing though.

• Tinman

Feb 12, 2013 at 7:47 PM

Whos is watching Celtic v Juve?

Whats the score going to be?!

Place your bets now

• Tsunki

Feb 12, 2013 at 7:47 PM

We have done this story already, its just a result post. Yawneroonie.

Takeover talk? Seeing as TV money would almost certainly be part of the allure to a prospective buyer, and thats not guaraneed, then no.

• Toon1978

Feb 12, 2013 at 7:48 PM

Rotonda heights

Losing our scouting system would be catastrophic.

• nick_9

Feb 12, 2013 at 7:51 PM

Sticklebricks what’s the logic behind that comment?

I reckon we might see haidara play a part in Europe for us, perfect opportunity to rest santon. Debuchy cannot play so perhaps Simpson will or haidara. I think Anita and mbiwa will be in there with obertan and I wouldn’t be surprised to see shola start.

——-Elliot/krul——
    Simpson-Taylor-mbiwa-haidara
    ——–tiote—–Anita———-
    Obertan—–Marv——Jonas
    ————-cisse————–

• Tinman

Feb 12, 2013 at 7:53 PM

Nick, Shola is injured

• Tinman

Feb 12, 2013 at 7:53 PM

But I do think your very close the actual team

• SpaceGhost

Feb 12, 2013 at 7:55 PM

I agree we should welcome Andy back. Especially when he is a free transfer signing. He will join Newcastle again. Its just a matter of time. I believe he will come home one day. Just like a certain Alan Shearer. A strong, tall player who’s good in the air & a good left foot is always an asset to any team. He could be the Geordie Luca Toni.

• Moat1

Feb 12, 2013 at 7:56 PM

no he isnt the one thats ingured is sammy

• Tinman

Feb 12, 2013 at 7:57 PM

Our injury table

Ameobi – no return date
    Gosling – no return date
    Simpson – no return date
    Ben Arfa – 2 weeks
    Gouffran – 2 weeks
    R Taylor – March
    Vuckic – May
    Vuckic –

• Tinman

Feb 12, 2013 at 7:59 PM

Yeah your right Moat, cheers mate

• nick_9

Feb 12, 2013 at 8:00 PM

Ah that’s news to me, not sure where I stand on key players playing. We’ve got two weeks spare but I would had to lose the likes of issoko, cabaye and santon to injury. Tiote I would be happy to see play and I think I probably would cisse. Lets face it we might not be back in Europe for a couple of years minimum so why not go for it? I think every football club owe it to their paying fans to try and win every game and the league is looking better than it did after two wins.

• Yohan

Feb 12, 2013 at 8:01 PM

I’m not sure about carroll but I would definately take wanyama from celtic. And hooper. £10m for both of them would be a much better deal.

• Toon-Prodigy

Feb 12, 2013 at 8:12 PM

Personally, i dont believe this poll is correct. I think people have voted bringing him in based on getting him in regardless of the 10 mil that you have based the poll on. Alot of people i suspect have voted yes and then comment saying, well, i’d have him for 5-6-7 mil.

I don’t know one Toon fan who would spend our only ten million on bringing Andy Carroll back here. And if the board did it would be a disastrous decision I feel based on the wrong reasons.

• Tinman

Feb 12, 2013 at 8:12 PM

I think we should gamble and play a close to full strength team. Maybe rest Sissoko, he looked tired against the Spurs. Swap Colo for Mbiwa. Stick Anita RB or give Haidara a debut and put Santon RB.
    Try and get the job almost done at St James, then rest one or two in away tie.

Wanyama is shooting too much from long range

• reccerobbo

Feb 12, 2013 at 8:14 PM

Just watching the Valencia PSG match keeping a close eye on sakho he looks a good CB not scared to put his head in and his positional play looks sound. What does others think?

• Yohan

Feb 12, 2013 at 8:17 PM

I don’t know why he keeps shooting from 30 yards because surely he knows that buffon is still world class. God I actually believe that cabaye will be as good as pirlo someday.

• Tinman

Feb 12, 2013 at 8:21 PM

Celtic are trying to make something happen, need to relax, they are on top and should get a goal if they take their time.

Wanyama doesnt half get about a bit though! I am quite interested to see Hooper for the 1st time.

• yo-yo

Feb 12, 2013 at 8:22 PM

Juve playing a lot of long balls – including Pirlo. But the right long ball is really opening up Celtic.
    When is long ball not hoof ball ?

• Tinman

Feb 12, 2013 at 8:24 PM

I think its long ball because its on the counter and its precise. Hoof ball would be if Celtics CB were lumping it up to their forwards? I dunno just suggesting? What do you think yoyo?

1 2 3 5