Local Teenager Coming Into Contention At Newcastle

We had noticed this morning that Adam Campbell was left out of Newcastle United’s squad for an Italian youth tournament – and that could be a clue that Adam will make the squad for the Europa League games coming up against Metalica Kharkiv on the next two Thursdays.

adam campbell at 17

Adam Campbell – could see some playing time on Thursday

Adam turned 18 on New Years Day and every time Alan Pardew talks about this lad, he says he’s been impressive in training – so why not give the North Shields born youngster a chance against Metallica?

We’ve also heard that Adam works his socks off in training, and that he is already a first rate professional dedicated to becoming a Newcastle first teamer.

And Adam’s already played in the Europa League once this season, when he made his debut in the game against Atromitos in August.

Campbell is highly-rated by Newcastle manager Alan Pardew, and he could be one of the Newcastle youngsters that comes through big time over the next year – we certainly hope so – and we need some youngsters coming through into the first team.

And if he does –  his pace and movement will offer Newcastle something different up front, and with the impressive Yoan Gouffran, we could have two pacy players up front for Newcastle next season.

The 5’7″ tall youngster, who wears the number 49 shirt,  has made just one senior appearance for Newcastle so far, but he could add to that in the next two games.

We ran this heart wrenching story yesterday on Eve Miller – and it’s  had a huge impact on me – so please help the 10 year-old if you possibly can – many thanks.

eve may 2010

Here are Eve’s Facebook page – and also the Just Giving page.

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 us on Google+:

You can also reach Ed at admin@nufcblog.com

=============================================

• rainrix

Feb 12, 2013 at 11:27 AM

Give him a chance against metallica? Not sure what that would accomplish but by all means try it 🙂

• Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand

Feb 12, 2013 at 11:29 AM

Rainrix…If he did well he could then face AC/DC in the next round.

Personally I’m hoping for a Led Zeppelin final 🙂

• Spreadthetoon

Feb 12, 2013 at 11:29 AM

This lad should play IMO.
    Btw Ed congrats on the news on ur health!

• Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand

Feb 12, 2013 at 11:31 AM

I don’t see Campbell starting the home game, maybe a sub appearance. More likely to get the nod for the away game if we have a lead in order to rest key strikers for the Sunday PL game.

• ~ Phoenix Warrior Perch~

Feb 12, 2013 at 11:31 AM

If we have a good buffer of say… 3 goals? then perhaps play him in the second leg?

• Spreadthetoon

Feb 12, 2013 at 11:32 AM

Torq
    U mentioned scouts in Spain n Portugal. As for Siem I think RVW is a greater priority given the revelation of Sissoko as an attacking option and that Siem would act as cover for Sissoko but we have Marveaux….? Thoughts? Also I think that a winger could be our nxt priority. I’m still thinking Jermaine Lens…..

• rainrix

Feb 12, 2013 at 11:32 AM

Torq… From previous thanks for enlightening me, all hail your infinite french football wisdom 🙂

Ibiza… Hopefully slash could present the winners medal, plus a giant gold top hat 😉

• Transfer Sage

Feb 12, 2013 at 11:33 AM

get him in for the 2nd leg….will be a top player….our brightest talent at the club by a country mil.e

• Transfer Sage

Feb 12, 2013 at 11:36 AM

ibiza

If we get passed metallica we are playing AZ/MH….the russian tribute to AC/DC

• Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand

Feb 12, 2013 at 11:37 AM

Rainrix…That would make sense 🙂

TS…I haven’t really seen much of him, but know his development squad stats are really impressive and he is highly rated by all at the club and those fans who have seen him. I’d imagine with his pace he would be perfect to make runs with our current midfield supplying the passes….sounds like exciting stuff.

• Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand

Feb 12, 2013 at 11:38 AM

TS @9…. I see, so not the original AC/DC? Shame 🙂

• Transfer Sage

Feb 12, 2013 at 11:39 AM

ibiza

He reminds me a lot of a raw michael owen (maybe not quite his level though)…that mold of player though…before the injuries and becoming a full time horse trainer.

• rainrix

Feb 12, 2013 at 11:39 AM

Ibiza… I could have done a better joke, sadly i know next to nothing about metal so i had to kop out. Sorry! 🙂

• Transfer Sage

Feb 12, 2013 at 11:42 AM

ibiza

unfortunately not…same songs different people…watched from a distance you’d think it was AC/DC…well until you hear the russian accents

“back in blackski,
    I hit the sackski”

etc etc

Don’t worry…I’ll let myself out.

• Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand

Feb 12, 2013 at 11:42 AM

Rainrix…The blog is yours to run as you see fit, who would I be to judge? No apologies needed, I just thank you for conversing with me at all…I am truly honoured.

TS….So basically you’re saying we need to keep AC away from horses. I hope he doesn’t shop at Tescos.

• rainrix

Feb 12, 2013 at 11:44 AM

Sage… Highway to hellski? Is that even an AC/DC song? 🙂

Ibiza… Please you give me too little credit! You are a good subject though give yourself a pat on the back 😉

• Transfer Sage

Feb 12, 2013 at 11:44 AM

ibiza

Exactly…..the last thing we need is AC/horsie

• Magickit

Feb 12, 2013 at 11:45 AM

Anyone see the below link???

Cabaye is really a real model.

Cabaye is fantastic in this work. Every day, and since the beginning, he tells us what he does, wherever he goes. He is a role model. He watches over others. For us, it’s called ‘low maintenance’. With him, you do not need to worry about where he will hang out in the evening or where he will get drunk in a pub. Importantly, he inspires others.I tell you, he is an example. My wife even thinks I’m in love with him … (Laughter)”.

• dannyboy

Feb 12, 2013 at 11:45 AM

i dont see campbell starting but i think hes the one of few youngsters that will make it in the furture.
    tavenerier isnt good enough for toon
    fergie wont cut it at top level and im from northern ireland 🙁
    i was glad to here sammy is injured for thursday as the boy is clueless, id have fergie over him anyday btw
    Amalfitano is clearly not good enough when squidward is ahead of him in peaking order
    so bigi and campbell is were i have high hopes for and obviously haidara

• Transfer Sage

Feb 12, 2013 at 11:46 AM

rainrix

it certainly is…put my effort to shame…although this fake russian is easy to implement. ( i hope we beatski metalist in the gameski and win the europa leagueski)

• Transfer Sage

Feb 12, 2013 at 11:47 AM

dannyboy

I agree with that assessment.

Our youngsters are that young anymore…they all around 20/21….the youngest are campbell and bigi and they are the best as wel.

• Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand

Feb 12, 2013 at 11:49 AM

TS…A decent try, but we are in the presence of Rainrix of Shola, so you need to raise your game a bit.

Rainrix…With which hand should I pat my back oh lord, my messiah, bringer of all things holy and wonderful?

• rainrix

Feb 12, 2013 at 11:49 AM

Sage…. It certainly isski. Although don’t overdo it before the racist brigade comes for us 😐

Magickit…. I have the exact same problem with my wife (SWOOOOOON!!!)

• Transfer Sage

Feb 12, 2013 at 11:51 AM

rainrix

If that’s racist my russian uncle doesn’t love vodka.

It’s just harmless fun,.

• magpie6699

Feb 12, 2013 at 11:51 AM

I think we should play a strong team on Thursday. We’re at home, it’s 10 days till our next PL game and we should want to progress in the Europa League. Conversely I would use much of the rest of our squad for the away leg which involves a long trip to the Ukraine and back, only 2-3 days before playing Southampton.

• Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand

Feb 12, 2013 at 11:51 AM

magickit…Great article. Really shows some people up to be the drama queens they really are. It wasn’t that long ago that people “knew” that Cabaye was unsettled and wanted out.

That would seem to be a load of tosh.

• sirtoongospel

Feb 12, 2013 at 11:52 AM

TS – from previous thread, I totally agree, play whoever is fit, and if they start to tire then take action. After 60 minutes at the weekend, everyone was screaming for Cheick, as Perchy was looking shot. If he had gone on then we wouldnt have llost the game.

They made changes and we didn’t react. But hopefully in the future he will see things quicker.

Really hope that Pardew sees sooner rather than later what his best team is.

No Jonas, no Perch, and some even feel that Mapou should be in for Colo straight away. Saylor is a warrior and Mapou has pace. Colo seems to have neither of those qualities just now. But with HBA to come back, we can go for the jugular with teams. Just hope Pards has the confidence in the team that we all do.

• rainrix

Feb 12, 2013 at 11:53 AM

Ibiza…. Obtain a life-sized cut out of shola. Prop it against a wall and back into it repeatedly. That constitutes “patting”. Who said anything about hands? 🙂

• Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand

Feb 12, 2013 at 11:53 AM

6699…Did you just cut and paste my comment from the last thread? 🙂 Completely agree.

• Transfer Sage

Feb 12, 2013 at 11:53 AM

magpie6699

I would use a strong team in both games in all honesty.

I think that by having a midweek game we clearly disrupt the weekend league game preparation time through the week.

The best way to avoid this is to use the same team (3/4 changes) and then you aren’t preparing 2 different sides in one week.

• rainrix

Feb 12, 2013 at 11:53 AM

Sage… Haha i know, but you know how some of these cretins are 😉

• Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand

Feb 12, 2013 at 11:54 AM

Rainrix….Obtain? Should I not have had one already? Not sure whether I should be embarrassed or not.

• rainrix

Feb 12, 2013 at 11:55 AM

As i said before i’d rest santon and play haidara, santon could do with a rest unless he has god like lungs. Is simmo back (3 words i’d never though i’d say 🙂 ) If so i’d drop him in at RB or possibly anita.

• Transfer Sage

Feb 12, 2013 at 11:55 AM

sirtoon

I think that jonas will be out for HBA.

I just dont think marv or obertan are any better than jonas. Marv hasn’t played well wide for us, just central and obertan is brainless.

• Transfer Sage

Feb 12, 2013 at 11:57 AM

rainrix

Simmo was recovering from a broken toe but going out clubbing and drowning his sorrows his move to wigan fell through.

So unprofessional and shouldn’t be seen again in a toon shirt.

• Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand

Feb 12, 2013 at 11:57 AM

More to the point, has Simmo been rescued from the side of Manchesters streets yet?

• rainrix

Feb 12, 2013 at 11:58 AM

ibiza… Well i have just come to power, i cant execute everyone for not having shola cutouts just yet, substitute it for one of your many many cabaye ones 😉

• Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand

Feb 12, 2013 at 11:59 AM

Rainrix…I’m awaiting my new Cabaye cut out as all my old ones are…well…let’s just say not usable anymore. They really should be sturdier.

• rainrix

Feb 12, 2013 at 12:00 PM

Sage… I actually agree but pards hasn’t said anything so i don’t think he’s been frozen out just yet. Might as well use all our resources. I’d happily play anita at RB instead if he isn’t and use tiote and bigi as holders and marv as an attacking midfielder, Just i’d rather have anita in the middle really.

• TorqToon

Feb 12, 2013 at 12:00 PM

Morning spread,

Yeah I know we have a delegation that covers BOTH Spain and Portugal. As much as our interest in de Jong is real, I will be shocked if he comes to us as I can see him attracting a huge fee! But wonders will never cease! 🙂

Somebody asked earlier if I knew much about outgoings at the club, (my apologies for not responding), I don’t know very much about what goes in from the club on the English side (sage and proud are much more informed than I am) but I tend to hear if any players from Europe are on their way in or out of clubs.

Lens is a very good prospect. I have done some digging this morning with regards Mirin (as I think he is our #1 choice defender whilst colo is still with us) and we had talks with his agents in December, nobody really knows (or is telling!) what went on, but I know we didn’t make an offer – yet we expressed a real interest. I have a sneaking suspicion we are looking to / possibly have agreed a deal in the summer, dependant on our league position at the end of the English season.

Again, purely my own feeling.

1 2 3 8