The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!

Gouffran To Return To Training Monday – Good News

2:51 pm, Wednesday, February 13th, 2013 by Ed Harrison · 198 Comments

When we saw Yoan Gouffran go down after a bad tackle from Kyle Walker last Saturday at White Hart Lane, we thought he could have been out weeks if not months, after he was carried off on a stretcher and had been given oxygen on the pitch.

yoan gouffran 21

Yoan Gouffran - after scoring his first goal for Newcastle on Saturday

We were thinking that’s just our luck – but after an X-ray showed there was no fracture to his shin bone, it looks like it was a bad gash and severe bruising, and Alan Pardew has confirmed Yoan could be back in training on Monday.

That means he will have missed no games, since he’s not eligible to play in the Europa League.

This is what Alan Pardew said today about Yoan, after the medical staff have been monitoring his injury this week:

“That’s all good news, fortunately. We think he’ll train on Monday.”

Gouffran was easily our best player on Saturday and he was our Man of the Match – and he got his first goals for the club , and it was probably his departure from the game that cost Newcastle a point, if not all three points.

Yoan has been little short of a revelation since he came to Newcastle, although we admit we didn’t know too much about him before he arrived, other than he has played 22 times for the U21 side, and was too fast for our defense when he played against Newcastle for Bordeaux in the Europa League.

And if Yoan keeps up his sparkling form on Tyneside, don’t be surprised if he gets called up to the full French squad – after all he does play for Newcastle United now. :D

Note – today we are trying to help out one of our readers – Northumbria University student Alex Redfern – who is doing research on the impact of Newcastle’s recent sponsorship deal with Wonga – please fill out Alex’s questionnaire on the topic – and that will help his research – many thanks.

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 us on Google+:

You can also reach Ed at admin@nufcblog.com

=============================================

Tags: Europa League · Injuries · Newcastle News · Yoan Gouffran

198 responses so far ↓

• 1 OhSholaAmeobi // Feb 13, 2013 at 2:56 PM

with a little luck we could have a full strength team out against southampton! finally.

• 2 KenyanMagpie4Life // Feb 13, 2013 at 2:59 PM

Super!

• 3 dannyboy // Feb 13, 2013 at 3:01 PM

repost
    hahahaha markaccus , liked that one.
    kets must be 12 or 13 , probably best just to completely ignore him and see if the itch goes away?
    put him on the imaginary naughty step and left him there?

and good for goofy didnt expect him to make a impact as quick as he did, great wee player with great work ethic

• 4 Transfer Sage // Feb 13, 2013 at 3:02 PM

Great news….feared his season was over when I saw the swelling and the gash….it could have been a break.

The follow through wasn’t nice but never looked too forceful so was shocked to see him that hurt….glad it wasn’t serious.

• 5 Markaccus // Feb 13, 2013 at 3:02 PM

@sage, yes the musical could be called “the gibber dribble grench man”…… Oh, you, gibber dribble grench man, gibber dribble grench man what the f#*K….et.c

Dannyboy, yeah he’s either a kid, or an escaped looney!

• 6 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Feb 13, 2013 at 3:06 PM

Guys…have some respect. Temuri gave us some good times. I think it’s nice he stays in touch with the fans, even if he has lost the plot…

• 7 Transfer Sage // Feb 13, 2013 at 3:07 PM

markaccus

I like kets here….think he brings something different to the blog haha.

Some posts you read and think, spot on (if not a little unrealistic) then most are just insane.

• 8 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Feb 13, 2013 at 3:08 PM

TS…I think it would be a shame to lose him. He’s like the blogs pet. Sure he gets in the rubbish all the time and steals food from the counters, but he’s lovable and part of the family.

• 9 Transfer Sage // Feb 13, 2013 at 3:13 PM

ibiza

Exactly…..his comments are like the bone the dog brings in that it burried years ago covered in mold….you don’t really want to see it but the thought behind it is good.

• 10 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Feb 13, 2013 at 3:14 PM

TS…Glad I’m not alone on this. Now excuse me, just going to take Kets to the park for some fresh air…come on ketsy…

• 11 tequilamag // Feb 13, 2013 at 3:15 PM

Ibiza, that`s all well and good but don`t expect me to take him to the vet when he goes blind and his back legs go and he starts pissin all over the floor.

• 12 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Feb 13, 2013 at 3:17 PM

Tequila…You want to be in charge of the pooper scooper then? We have to share responsibilities. A pet is for life, not just for Christmas.

• 13 pedro // Feb 13, 2013 at 3:17 PM

Kets is a legend on here. Although his views are completely mental I always find myself reading them. There have been so many highlights for me – Xavi is over rated and Marveaux could be better than Messi. Utter drivel but for some reason I cant stop reading

• 14 Markaccus // Feb 13, 2013 at 3:19 PM

Now I have a vision of you saying ‘walkies’ and ketsy standing in front of you, with a leash in his mouth, wagging his……erm….coccyx?

• 15 Transfer Sage // Feb 13, 2013 at 3:20 PM

ibiza

I thought the pet was just for transfer windows?

• 16 xmindcrimex // Feb 13, 2013 at 3:20 PM

I like Kets. It’s safe to say he doesn’t follow the norm.;)

• 17 tequilamag // Feb 13, 2013 at 3:22 PM

Ibiza no thanks , I will train him to hunt rabbits if you want though.

• 18 Transfer Sage // Feb 13, 2013 at 3:22 PM

pedro

It’s so funny….somebody should publish a Kets annual where all his comments for the year are there.

• 19 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Feb 13, 2013 at 3:24 PM

TS…No, that’s ITK’s ;)

Tequila…Deal. I would imagine training him would be the hardest task of all.

• 20 JackButler // Feb 13, 2013 at 3:26 PM

Kets is this blog’s Mascot and needs to be treated with repsect as without him life would be very boring on here

• 21 Transfer Sage // Feb 13, 2013 at 3:27 PM

jack

I wish he could be the toon’s official mascot, even just for one game….give him a microphone and let him lose on the pitch for 5 mins before kick off.

• 22 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Feb 13, 2013 at 3:28 PM

JB…Mascot! That’s a much less offensive way of putting it. Apologies for the pet references, this is much more PC.

• 23 JackButler // Feb 13, 2013 at 3:34 PM

Transfer/Ibiza

Ket’s comments are out there on times, well most times to be fair, but his love for this club and total derision for Man Utd has won him a place in the NUFC Blog Hall of Fame :D

• 24 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Feb 13, 2013 at 3:36 PM

JB….Man Utd…Is that the team that should be in the championship? :)

• 25 Moat1 // Feb 13, 2013 at 3:37 PM

My wishlist 4 the summer:
    Welbeck on loan
    Aubameyang 13m
    Thauvin 1.5m
    Butland 4m
    Neymar jnr 30m

• 26 JackButler // Feb 13, 2013 at 3:38 PM

Moat1

Thauvin joined Lille for 1.5 million and Buttland joined Stoke

• 27 Moat1 // Feb 13, 2013 at 3:38 PM

my banner has gone old again. Has anyone else’s?

• 28 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Feb 13, 2013 at 3:38 PM

Moat…Butland just transferred to Stoke in the January window, didn’t he?

• 29 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Feb 13, 2013 at 3:39 PM

and on the banner…nope, it’s still new and beautiful as ever.

• 30 JackButler // Feb 13, 2013 at 3:39 PM

Ibiza

Yes mate, that wee club that are an embarrassment to British football :D

• 31 JackButler // Feb 13, 2013 at 3:40 PM

Think we should start a petition to get Ket’s on the banner, we could have him right next to Pardew

• 32 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Feb 13, 2013 at 3:42 PM

JB….Yeah, I think I read they’re playing tonight against some really good team, I think Real Madrid? Must be a friendly to get them ready for Madrids next CL game…..

• 33 JackButler // Feb 13, 2013 at 3:46 PM

Think our summer shopping list will comprise of
    Siem de Jong
    Nicolas Isimat Mirin
    Then one striker from Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang, Ricky van Wolfswinkel or Luuk de Jong

• 34 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Feb 13, 2013 at 3:46 PM

Or a petition to make him Carrs No.2 man?

• 35 JackButler // Feb 13, 2013 at 3:49 PM

Ibiza

We could have him as director of Public Relations, his press release’s would be things of beauty

• 36 Transfer Sage // Feb 13, 2013 at 3:54 PM

jack

Could we not get him to the be the fan sky interview when theres a story about us……he would be brilliant.

• 37 pedro // Feb 13, 2013 at 3:56 PM

Ibiza
    Kets as Carr’s number 2 would quickly end in a restraining order when he is parked outside Ajax’s training ground calling for Alderweireld every hour of the day

• 38 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Feb 13, 2013 at 3:59 PM

Pedro….I think that ship may have already sailed :)

TS…Isn’t it currently a guy called Daz? He’s been non existent this season. Last update was about Cisses goals against Chelsea :)

• 39 santonthenewmaldini // Feb 13, 2013 at 4:08 PM

Ket’s comments are one of the reasons I still love reading this blog!!!

His wishlists are obviously total fantasy but he got a few right last window did he not??Sissoko , Debuchy and Mbiwa were names he was calling for a while!

Imagine if we did sign Alderweild Kets?!?!How could you cope??

• 40 pedro // Feb 13, 2013 at 4:20 PM

Here’s my views on Kharkiv’s Argentine contingent, they have several Brazilians too but I dont watch too much Brazilian football so I haven’t seen a great deal.

Jonathan Cristaldo is the biggest name and probably the biggest threat for Kharkiv. Still only 23 but he burst on to the Argentinian scene when he was just 17 playing for Velez. He is a goal scorer who comes alive in the box, good runs and makes room for himself. Pretty good with both feet and in the air too considering he is small. A natural finisher. He was injured towards the end of his Velez career and then was more of a sub, but Velez have a pretty strong side so it’s not an easy side to get back into. Not sure about his role for Kharkiv but this is what he was like at Velez, they signed him in 2011 so since then I haven’t seen him play but I gather he scores a lot. We will need to stay tight to him.

Sebastian Blanco is another dangerous player. Very small, quick and tricky attacking midfielder who can play wide. Good passer. He played for Lanus when they won the championship here in 2007 when he was around 18. He scored some important goals for Lanus usually arriving late in the box unmarked. Think I read someone mention the number 23 for Kharkiv after seeing them play recently – this is him. Both these guys were highly regarded prospects at the time but haven’t done anything internationally since their moves.

Jose Sosa is a little older than the other two and I understand is the captain of Kharkiv. He played a lot of games here for Estudiantes before moving to Bayern Munich in 2007. He is a midfield playmaker with a good range of passing and dangerous with set pieces. Having not played in Argentina since a short loan spell back at Estudiantes I don’t know how he has been doing.

Juan Manuel Torres is a Mascherano type defensive midfield player. Small guy but strong tackler. He was in the same under 20 side as Messi and Aguero that were world champions in 2005 and here played for both Racing and San Lorenzo.

Marco Torsiglieri is someone I don’t remember too much about. He’s a centre back and played for Velez a couple
    of years ago before moving to Europe.

Cristian Villagra is a full back and at River Plate here was a left back but I think he is right footed, a bit like Santon in that respect. Good on the ball, with a good shot too.

Anyway, this is their Argentinian players and like I say it’s based more on their time in Argentina rather than anywhere else. Not sure how Kharkiv play and if they have been any good etc. Thought I would share it anyway

• 41 dannyboy // Feb 13, 2013 at 4:22 PM

hes probably reading these comments thinking hes a true celebrity , loving life! we probably shouldnt have highlighted it as much, now he will make up stuff and exaggerate to the max!

• 42 Tsunki // Feb 13, 2013 at 4:26 PM

Hang on – I thought Tiote was the one who asked other people if they had insurance?

• 43 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Feb 13, 2013 at 4:26 PM

Danny…”now he will make up stuff and exaggerate to the max!” Oh right, so NOW he will :)

Perdo…Thanks for that. I know nothing about the team or any of their players, so all info is welcomed. Can’t wait for the game, I enjoyed the group stages, but there is something about European knock outs.

• 44 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Feb 13, 2013 at 4:27 PM

Tsunki…?

• 45 Rotonda heights // Feb 13, 2013 at 4:28 PM

I think we can definitely cross Moat off the ITK list !!!

• 46 boater // Feb 13, 2013 at 4:29 PM

Kets is an artist, nay a visionary. There’s a linear logic to his work, which blossoms into a kind of Impossible Staircase surrealist view.

It baffles, haunts and torments. But it is what is. Concept art.

• 47 Joe Blog // Feb 13, 2013 at 4:30 PM

Tomorro’s team, for me:

_______________Krul_______________
    Perch____Saylor_____Mbiwa___Haidara
    __________Tiote_____Bigi__________
    _______________Anita
    ____Obertan______________Marv____
    ______________Cisse

• 48 Tsunki // Feb 13, 2013 at 4:35 PM

Twitterton-by-the Sea is awash with tales of Cheick being arrrested for not having insurance / motoring offences and has had his muscle car dragged away. Is it nonsense or have they really sent the A-Team out on our Mr T?

I remember when Ketsy first landed like it was only a couple of months ago… Oh wait.. Anyway he got a welter of abuse and requests to ban him. I pleaded that we keep him and promised we would feed him take him for walks etc and here we are, proud owners of our very own blog genius.

I stand by ‘should be beating teams like that (Man Utd) every week’ as the touchstone of Ketsisms . Pure 24 Ct blog gold with diamonds encrusted.

• 49 Ketsbaia9 // Feb 13, 2013 at 4:36 PM

I’d rather have Sissoko in my team than Xavi. Fact.

Ba is a better all-round player than Van Persie. Fact.

Paul Scharner would’ve been a good addition to the squad. Fact

Marveaux is a great player. Fact.

Man Utd are an average team that’s overachieving big-time. Fact.

Chelsea and Man City have the best squads in the league at the moment. Fact.

We need to sign at least 2 strikers in the summer. Fact.

We also need to sign 2 centre backs in the summer as Coloccini will be leaving.

Simmo and Willo are useless. Fact.

People on this blog are giving me a hard time for no reason. Fact.

• 50 Troy Stavers // Feb 13, 2013 at 4:38 PM

Well Joe Blog, if Pards picks that team then I will know he’s not taking this competition seriously.

• 51 pedro // Feb 13, 2013 at 4:38 PM

I wasn’t giving you a hard time Kets – I genuinely like reading your comments despite not agreeing with a lot of them. Adding “fact” after an obvious opinion though doesn’t help but please continue doing what you do

• 52 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Feb 13, 2013 at 4:39 PM

Tsunki….I see, I haven’t visited Twitterton-by-the-sea since my Janaury holidays to be completely honest. I’d like to see someone try and arrest Tiote. However, no, I’ve heard nothing (not that this sort of news would circulate around Ibiza…).

Back on Kets (seeing as this thread may as well be dedicated to him), he seems fairly harmless and isn’t abusive so I have no issues at all. Have you checked his water bowl recently?

• 53 Tsunki // Feb 13, 2013 at 4:39 PM

Boater – so Kets is the Escher of football blogging? That sums him up yep that really does.

• 54 Tsunki // Feb 13, 2013 at 4:44 PM

Kets – people on this blog are giving you a hard time? You have it all wrong, you are positively revered, not least by Paul Scharner who has never been as famous anywhere else as he has been here.

FACT! :D

• 55 Ketsbaia9 // Feb 13, 2013 at 4:48 PM

It’s a fact that Willo and Simmo are useless as they’re the reason why we conceded 7 against Arsenal and 4 against a poor Man Utd team.

• 56 Troy Stavers // Feb 13, 2013 at 4:49 PM

Kets – you don’t half talk rubbish mind.

Most of your facts simply aren’t facts.

They are Ficts. Abr Fictitious ;-)

• 57 tooninspain // Feb 13, 2013 at 4:50 PM

Kets…..the blog’s answer to Baldrick.

• 58 DokToon // Feb 13, 2013 at 4:50 PM

i like kets’ fact blogs… i do think we also need a “fiction” one as well…

man u is the best side with the most loyal fans… fiction…
    ibiza is always ITK.. fiction…

et al…

• 59 Troy Stavers // Feb 13, 2013 at 4:51 PM

You have to be oot fishing with your Man Utd statement? :-D

• 60 Tsunki // Feb 13, 2013 at 4:51 PM

Kets – I think I missed your stance on the possibility of the return of Andy Carroll – where did you stand on that btw?

• 61 tequilamag // Feb 13, 2013 at 4:54 PM

Simmo was subbed for the last 3 goaks against arsenal with a broken toe . Willo did not play in the Arsenal game . Fact

• 62 Ketsbaia9 // Feb 13, 2013 at 4:54 PM

We have better players on paper the Man Utd apart from their strikeforce.

I wouldn’t sign Carroll for anything more than £5m. We can get Gomis for free and Benteke for about £12m in the summer. Benteke would take our team to the next level.

We should be going to Old Trafford and taking three points next season.

• 63 Ketsbaia9 // Feb 13, 2013 at 4:57 PM

Simmo and Willo were the main reason why we wan’t playing champions league football this season. The board have finally realised.

• 64 Tsunki // Feb 13, 2013 at 4:57 PM

Tequila – now you’re just deliberately evading the point, which is, of course, ahem sorry ketsy can you help me out here with this point thing?

• 65 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Feb 13, 2013 at 5:00 PM

Dok….Excuse me? Give me one example where I have ever said anything that isn’t a fact? I mean come on now :)

Kets…They’re turning on us. Let’s run for the hills, the pitchforks will be out next and they leave holes.

• 66 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Feb 13, 2013 at 5:06 PM

Kets…Just noticed in your list of facts, that the only one you didn’t confirm as fact was Colo leaving in the summer. Any particular reason or was it just an obvious fact that didn’t need confirming?

Whilst I believe in you totally, I think some people struggle with your claims that you are the original Ketsbaia and decide to hang out on this here blog. I completely get it though, I’m the new pope yet find time to post, so I don’t see where the problem is.

• 67 Troy Stavers // Feb 13, 2013 at 5:08 PM

To be fair to Kets, he knows nobody takes him seriously but keeps at it. That’s what makes him humorous.

It’s quite a good persona to have for a laugh. Just come out with utter false statements and tell everyone they are facts.

I’m liking it :-D

• 68 Ketsbaia9 // Feb 13, 2013 at 5:08 PM

He might change his mind. You never know squire.

• 69 DokToon // Feb 13, 2013 at 5:08 PM

ibiza, just yanking your chain a bit… :p

how do we feel about tomorrow btw? match is 2pm, my time and have it taping… wondering if i need a pit stop at the local before i start watching…

• 70 tequilamag // Feb 13, 2013 at 5:11 PM

Tsunki maybe Kets point is if Willo was playing we would not have conceded 7 goals against Arsenal.

• 71 Tsunki // Feb 13, 2013 at 5:11 PM

Ibiza – any opening for a Pope’s Mate? I tried gasfitting but it didn’t work out. I can wring your rag out for you. I mean that literally.

• 72 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Feb 13, 2013 at 5:12 PM

Kets…Colo? He may indeed. Would you want him to stay beyond the summer?

Dok…Love a yank of my chain ;) I’m pretty relaxed about tomorrow…at the minute. As always I expect that to change just before KO. Always have a drink or two before watching the toon.

• 73 Troy Stavers // Feb 13, 2013 at 5:12 PM

Ketsbsia played No 14 his whole career.

Why number 9?

• 74 JackButler // Feb 13, 2013 at 5:13 PM

Tiote’s been arrested on suspicion of fraud

• 75 Rotonda heights // Feb 13, 2013 at 5:13 PM

Ibiza

As the new pope will you pledge to continue to oversee the following:-

no contraception in the 3rd world = poverty
    no contraception in the 3rd world = aids
    no stem cell research = no hope.
    Paedo priests
    Anti gay
    Anti women
    and all other wonderful messages to bestow upon the world.

Yours
    Sinead O’Connor!!!

Well you started it!!

• 76 Fostino // Feb 13, 2013 at 5:14 PM

tiote arressted on suspicion of fraud…what on earth is he up to

• 77 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Feb 13, 2013 at 5:14 PM

Tsunki…A mate? Always wanted one of those…you’re on. Wring away good sir, wring away.

• 78 JackButler // Feb 13, 2013 at 5:15 PM

Tiote has had his car seized after being arrested on suspicion of fraud

• 79 JackButler // Feb 13, 2013 at 5:16 PM

• 80 Markaccus // Feb 13, 2013 at 5:16 PM

Wtf has tiote been up to!?!? Arrested for fraud, car seized! Oh dear!

• 81 tequilamag // Feb 13, 2013 at 5:16 PM

Troy is that a fact ?

• 82 Markaccus // Feb 13, 2013 at 5:17 PM

@jack, just seen the same thing on ssn ticker! Guess he might miss the game tomorrow!

• 83 JackButler // Feb 13, 2013 at 5:19 PM

Markaccus

He was arrested yesterday, not sure if he’s still being held

• 84 Markaccus // Feb 13, 2013 at 5:23 PM

Ah right, I never heard that. Was quite busy yesterday. Still think he might miss the game since his mind could be elsewhere. Wonder if he was one of those African generals who need your bank account details so they can ‘rest’ millions of pounds In your account?!

• 85 JackButler // Feb 13, 2013 at 5:23 PM

Ketsbaia9 // Feb 13, 2013 at 4:36 PM

I’d rather have Sissoko in my team than Xavi. Fact.

Ba is a better all-round player than Van Persie. Fact.

Paul Scharner would’ve been a good addition to the squad. Fact

Marveaux is a great player. Fact.

Man Utd are an average team that’s overachieving big-time. Fact.

Chelsea and Man City have the best squads in the league at the moment. Fact.

We need to sign at least 2 strikers in the summer. Fact.

We also need to sign 2 centre backs in the summer as Coloccini will be leaving.

Simmo and Willo are useless. Fact.

People on this blog are giving me a hard time for no reason. Fact.
    ————————————————————————-

Thats why we love you……………………….FACT :D

• 86 Tsunki // Feb 13, 2013 at 5:23 PM

Hey hey I broke the Tiote scandal ! FACT! :)

As the new Pope’s caddy I would suggest a mashie niblick. Hurts real bad when it connects. Sorry where was I?

• 87 Markaccus // Feb 13, 2013 at 5:24 PM

Ssn saying ‘fraud in relation to driving offences’ so its probably ticket dodging and the like.

• 88 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Feb 13, 2013 at 5:26 PM

Rotonda…I haven’t quite decided on those things yet. Still trying to work out which side is my best side for all the photos that will be taken soon. All of those things can wait for now, it’s not like they’re high priority.

P.S. Loved your Prince cover, top stuff :)

• 89 JackButler // Feb 13, 2013 at 5:26 PM

Markaccus

Failing to pay a parking/speeding ticket is classed as a driving offence not fraud

• 90 Markaccus // Feb 13, 2013 at 5:28 PM

Yeah, but if you claim someone else was driving when you get caught on camera speeding, that IS fraud. That’s more along the lines I was thinking.

• 91 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Feb 13, 2013 at 5:28 PM

Do you think Mr T has filed a complaint against Tiote?

• 92 JackButler // Feb 13, 2013 at 5:30 PM

Markaccus

your right there mate, he may to do with insurance or he’s been driving on a false licence

• 93 gonufc (not Arf' bad) // Feb 13, 2013 at 5:30 PM

Urgh, that annoying new trend of people pompously saying their opinions are “fact.”.

Why is it that only people stating wild opinions say that?

• 94 JackButler // Feb 13, 2013 at 5:31 PM

gonufc (not Arf’ bad)

It’s no a new trend, it’s been around for a while……….FACT :D

• 95 Markaccus // Feb 13, 2013 at 5:31 PM

Ibiza, why don’t we do a cover of the same song….. Noooo one compares, no ONE compares.. To kets (dum, dum-ts, dum, dum, ts)

• 96 GeordieTwo // Feb 13, 2013 at 5:31 PM

Kets my opinions are not facts. Fact. Neither are yours. Fact.

• 97 Markaccus // Feb 13, 2013 at 5:33 PM

Aye, maybe Mr T wants his license back! Or maybe his car was insured under a false name: bad mofo!

• 98 GeordieTwo // Feb 13, 2013 at 5:34 PM

What has happened to Tiote over the last few months? He has gone from being an ablsolute beast on the pitch for us to almost useless at times. Now this fraud charge? Maybe he and Cisse have been hanging around together too much. Cisse hasn’t exactly been on fire either. Very weird.

• 99 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Feb 13, 2013 at 5:35 PM

Mark…

“It’s been seven hours and we’ve had fifteen lists,
    our dream team’s not far away”

• 100 Markaccus // Feb 13, 2013 at 5:36 PM

The picture of De Gea on sky makes him look like Gambit off the x-men!

• 101 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Feb 13, 2013 at 5:37 PM

Back on to Tiote…I’m sure we can all agree it’s probably Pardews fault. Pardew Out!

• 102 Markaccus // Feb 13, 2013 at 5:38 PM

Ahhhh, ahh-ah, ahhhhh, ahhh.
    Its been so lonely without douglas….and even alderwield.

• 103 nick_9 // Feb 13, 2013 at 5:41 PM

Think marcaccus is right, sounds like he has lied to get himself out of a driving offence. Probably tried blaming bigirimana for speeding when it was him!

• 104 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Feb 13, 2013 at 5:41 PM

“nothing can stop these goals from coming,
    tell me baby where is Boumsong?”

• 105 GeordieTwo // Feb 13, 2013 at 5:42 PM

Maybe Tiote is taking life lessons from Ranger. A few break and enters and assault charges next then?

• 106 Tsunki // Feb 13, 2013 at 5:44 PM

The Pau-aul Scharner that you promised me-ee,
    For the back line,
    Signed for someone else on a free..
    Aah-aah-aah-aah

• 107 Tsunki // Feb 13, 2013 at 5:47 PM

Maybe the rozzers took exception to Cheick booting his tank out of a plane over the Potcher and Piano? (Potcher he he see what I did there ?).

• 108 check the toastie // Feb 13, 2013 at 5:48 PM

I have it from good sources, that Tiote has got mixed up in some credit card fraud, rumour has it he bought 5 french diamonds in January and the card owner has just had his statement through and got police involved.

Fat Git.

• 109 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Feb 13, 2013 at 6:01 PM

Gone quiet pretty quickly….what’s happened?

• 110 JackButler // Feb 13, 2013 at 6:05 PM

Check show’s up and everyone scarpers :D

• 111 Markaccus // Feb 13, 2013 at 6:06 PM

Ibizatoon – Back by popular demand // Feb 13, 2013 at 5:41 PM

“nothing can stop these goals from coming,
    tell me baby where is Boumsong?”

Tsunki // Feb 13, 2013 at 5:44 PM

The Pau-aul Scharner that you promised me-ee,
    For the back line,
    Signed for someone else on a free..
    Aah-aah-aah-aah

You’re both lyrical gangstas!! Quality

• 112 Tsunki // Feb 13, 2013 at 6:10 PM

I honestly thought check had killed it I really did. :)

• 113 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Feb 13, 2013 at 6:10 PM

Mark….I think we should start our own song writing super trio.

I can see it in 50 years people will be talking about the masterpieces by Markaccus, Tsunki & Ibizatoon up there with Lennon/McCartney.

Then again…maybe not.

JB…If he’s in prison I think people are anticipating something to kick off pretty soon. Can you imagine trying to arrest him?

“Errr, excuse me Mr. Tiote, you need to ermm…step out your vehicle and ermm….well…ermm….come with us…if you wouldn’t mind that is….please don’t hurt me”

• 114 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Feb 13, 2013 at 6:11 PM

Tsunki let go a huge sigh of relief at checks post following his double and possible blog killing efforts ;)

• 115 Novocastrian66 // Feb 13, 2013 at 6:12 PM

Kets. I enjoy your posts mate. I agree that Man U are over achieving and that Man City & Chelsea are under achieving. Love him or hate him, I don’t like him Fergie gets the best out of his team.

• 116 JackButler // Feb 13, 2013 at 6:14 PM

Ibiza

Hahahaha……………..always said that the police are not paid enough

• 117 Tsunki // Feb 13, 2013 at 6:15 PM

Yeah I definitely didnt think they deserved blog kill status. Not my best work but creditable.

• 118 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Feb 13, 2013 at 6:16 PM

JB…If they were smart they would have said “Hey Cheik, how you doing? Look, we need to test out these new cells and we can’t think of anyone stronger than you, can you do us a favour?” And then just hope for the best.

• 119 Tsunki // Feb 13, 2013 at 6:17 PM

Just btw, throwing a question out there to all blog members – how many Rebeccas live within 3 miles from you? The place is crawling with them round my gaff.

• 120 JAMSHA // Feb 13, 2013 at 6:17 PM

Real 5-1 Wee wee Club

• 121 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Feb 13, 2013 at 6:17 PM

Tsunki…There is no rhyme or reason for a post killing a blog, i wouldn’t take it personally, it’s just that people don’t want to talk to you. See, nothing personal at all, relax.

• 122 JackButler // Feb 13, 2013 at 6:17 PM

Rumour going around that the armed response unit refused to come out and get him

• 123 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Feb 13, 2013 at 6:19 PM

I have some Rebeccos, if that counts?

Poor attempt at an Englishman speaking Spanish joke? Thought so. Fingers crossed someone posts after me….

• 124 JackButler // Feb 13, 2013 at 6:19 PM

Can I ask what is it with this Rebecca story???

• 125 Tsunki // Feb 13, 2013 at 6:20 PM

Man U should be beating teams like Real Madrid every week imo. Ronaldo is overrated.

See – easy peasy!

• 126 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Feb 13, 2013 at 6:22 PM

Wahhooooo! Cheers JB.

For those individuals that refuse to use an adblocker, many get pop ups about local mature women and Rebecca seems to be the name that pops up most. She’s a busy lass, bless her heart. I understand she travels the globe on a hopper ball, but that may not be true, I just like to think it is.

• 127 yo-yo // Feb 13, 2013 at 6:22 PM

What a wild afternoon of frolic and fun.

Troy

Just love the word FICT.. so close to FACT and yet so far…..

BTW Ketsbaia9 uses that moniker as it shortens neatly to K9. K14 wouldn’t have that ring.

I think your lying about being in your 40s. I’ve always though of you as being mid to late 20s.
    Mind you as you have said :-
    “there are at least three Ketsbaia9s” and “there are thousands of Ketsbaias” you could well be an alter ego or a doppelganger.

Boater
    That Escher stuff is so pretentious it deserves to be in Private Eye’s Pseuds Corner. :)

I agree that K9 ought to be the blog mascot. It is a much better than kicking him off the other blog which is what happened before he was a regular here.
    You can’t really disagree with most of the player wishlists either (except Scharner) they are just so hopelessly fantasy league..

To be blog mascot is a real honour imo. Enjoy the limelight K9 while it lasts…….

Kets is far too similar to ketamine – a drug given to horses. Now wait a minute – put that lasagne back on the shelf.

• 128 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Feb 13, 2013 at 6:22 PM

You mean Ronaldo the poor mans Jonas?

• 129 Tsunki // Feb 13, 2013 at 6:23 PM

Jack – its the ads on here for urrgghh Mature urrrghhh dating aagghhh (sorry sick in my mouth a bit there) and it always says ‘Rebecca’ is only 3 miles away from….everyone. And its a different boiler every day by the same name.

• 130 yo-yo // Feb 13, 2013 at 6:23 PM

Ibiza

The same dominatrix pic of Rebecca shows up on other ads too.. freaky

• 131 yo-yo // Feb 13, 2013 at 6:25 PM

Tsunki

Anywhere three miles from here is going to be very wet as I live on a small island off the west of Scotland. Can’t see her tail…(not in that outfit)

• 132 JackButler // Feb 13, 2013 at 6:25 PM

Right I get it now……………er……………how do i go about getting touch with this lovely, dusty, wrinkled creature???

• 133 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Feb 13, 2013 at 6:27 PM

Yo-yo…I don’t know about creepy, I find it comforting that she’s never that far away.

You know that old question “If a tree falls in a forest does it make a sound?” The answer is yes, Rebecca is within 3 miles of it.

Yes I know that’s not the complete quote, but come on.

• 134 Tsunki // Feb 13, 2013 at 6:28 PM

jack -do you live on an island too? :D

• 135 JackButler // Feb 13, 2013 at 6:32 PM

Tsunki

No mate, Welsh born and bread, so a frisky old-timer is a major step up from these bloody sheep :D

• 136 yo-yo // Feb 13, 2013 at 6:32 PM

Ibiza

That’s the one hand clapping stuff..
    More Catchy’s applause style for AP

• 137 Markaccus // Feb 13, 2013 at 6:36 PM

Beccy seems to have left me, although she doesn’t always show on my phone, even though I’m using the proper site. I’m sure all those ladies are nice people, but you’re right, there are some right munters in the bunch!

• 138 yo-yo // Feb 13, 2013 at 6:40 PM

JB

Welsh too – from Pembrokeshire, just ended up on a Scottish island with more sheep than people and loads of mermaids all called Rebecca

• 139 JackButler // Feb 13, 2013 at 6:42 PM

yo-yo

:D

I’m stuck between Swansea and Cardiff and surrounded by bloody Man U fans :(

• 140 Tsunki // Feb 13, 2013 at 6:47 PM

Well even by my abysmal standards I have not only talked some proper tripe I have offered absolutely nothing of value today so I will retire for a while and come back when I think of something constructive/funny/scharner/ See you in about a week then.

I will say in passing though that as a final word in the Carroll Return saga, I think the only way Mike Ashley will purchase him is as the main ingredient of a Tesco Value Lasagne for 4.

Bonsoir.

• 141 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Feb 13, 2013 at 6:47 PM

Yo-Yo…I think the best form of clapping you’ll get from catchy for Pardew is blinking. Almost silent, but there is real emotion going on…if you really really listen for it.

• 142 yo-yo // Feb 13, 2013 at 6:48 PM

Port Talbot or more Bridgend way ?

• 143 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Feb 13, 2013 at 6:49 PM

Tsunki…Why break a winning formula? Take it easy

JB…Don’t do that…do you know how many sheep / welsh jokes I have running through me head now?

Ibizatoon….Resist the temptation…you’ve practiced this…Sheep and Welsh people deserve your respect too, honestly they do :)

• 144 yo-yo // Feb 13, 2013 at 6:50 PM

Shedding the odd tear for AP. Not sure Catchy’ll be up for that. Unless the silver fox is picking up his pension

• 145 yo-yo // Feb 13, 2013 at 6:51 PM

Thought it was all wild goats on Ibiza ?
    Or have you got a tame one ?

• 146 Tsunki // Feb 13, 2013 at 6:51 PM

Catchy is the ‘Clapping on the inside’ kinda supporter. Oh sorry I went didn’t I?

• 147 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Feb 13, 2013 at 6:53 PM

Yo-Yo..No tears, just the gentle tapping of his eyelids opening and closing in an almost non caring way.

I’m thinking a change from “The Butterfly Effect” to “The Catchy Eyelid effect” is in order.

• 148 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Feb 13, 2013 at 6:54 PM

Yo-Yo…There are lots of goats. Have you ever seen an episode of goats gone wild? Have the whole collection on Blu-Ray if you’re interested?

• 149 check the toastie // Feb 13, 2013 at 6:58 PM

ImBack …………………….Tumbleweeds…………………@@@@@@@@@@@@……………………..

WARNING………….

If anybody else puts a team up on here for tomorrow night that includes Simpson, I don’t know who you are. I don’t know what you want. If you are looking for recognition, I can tell you, you wont get it from me. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills; skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you leave Simpson out now, that’ll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if you don’t, I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you.

Check the Toastie – Taken 3

• 150 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Feb 13, 2013 at 7:05 PM

Oh well, temptation is too great, apologies, I am weak.

So here it goes…

A researcher is conducting a survey into sheep shagging in Great Britain. First of all he visits an English farmer.

“So, English farmer, how do you shag your sheep?”

“Well, I take the hind legs of the sheep and put them down my wellies and take the front legs of the sheep and put them over a wall and off I go.”

“That’s very interesting,” replies the researcher and he leaves the English farmer. Then he meets an Scottish farmer.

“So, Scottish farmer, how do you shag your sheep?”

“Well, I take the hind legs of the sheep and put them down my wellies and take the front legs of the sheep and put them over a wall and off I go”

“That’s very interesting,” replies the researcher,”That’s how they do it in England too.” And he leaves the Scottish farmer.

Then he meets a farmer from Wales.

“So, Welsh farmer, how do you shag your sheep?”

“Well, I take the hind legs of the sheep and put them down my wellies and I take the front legs of the sheep and put them over my shoulders.”

“Over your shoulders?” replies the researcher, “Don’t you put them over a wall like everyone else?”

“What?” says the farmer,” and miss out on all the kissing?”

• 151 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Feb 13, 2013 at 7:06 PM

I’m going to call it. Simpson to get man of the match tomorrow.

• 152 Ketsbaia9 // Feb 13, 2013 at 7:14 PM

Thanks Jack. Even though I played with the number 14 on the back of my shirt, my lucky number is number 9.

• 153 check the toastie // Feb 13, 2013 at 7:19 PM

Ibiza – dont goad me, i will find you and i will kill you.

Check the Toastie – Taken 4

• 154 check the toastie // Feb 13, 2013 at 7:20 PM

And Ibiza – Ruddy wouldnt even tell that joke. :)

• 155 Krul to be Kind // Feb 13, 2013 at 7:28 PM

Ibiza @ 151

Is he conscious yet after that beating? lol

• 156 check the toastie // Feb 13, 2013 at 7:31 PM

Im off, too exciting on here, nobody to argue with :(

• 157 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Feb 13, 2013 at 7:38 PM

check…Don;t leave me…SIMMO SIMMO SIMMO!!!

• 158 yo-yo // Feb 13, 2013 at 7:41 PM

In Wales (and the Pennines, Cheviots etc.,) the landowners would have a man hung for sheep stealing. So… if you were caught stealing the squire’s sheep you pretended you were shagging the sheep as this was not punishable by death. (sort of a minor misdemeanour I s’pose)

Check – there’s a message for you here while you’re in vigilante mode . Just hunt down the sheep stealers – they’ll be the same guys who would pick Simmo and Willo first.

And if you find a sheep with a No 9 or No 14 on its back you know who its been training with… K9s pub team – he has a great CB and RB playing for him.

• 159 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Feb 13, 2013 at 7:41 PM

As for Ruddy….are you saying I’m worst than him in the boring table? Oh dear, how I have fallen.

I’m off the re-evaluate a thing or two.

Ruddy…Knock knock :)

Krul…Am I conscious? Not too sure. This blog may just be something I’ve manifested in my unconscious state…sounds about right to be honest.

• 160 check the toastie // Feb 13, 2013 at 7:45 PM

Gunna watch the match it should be good.

Love Dortmund :)

• 161 Ketsbaia9 // Feb 13, 2013 at 7:47 PM

Think Dan Gosling may put in a match winning performance tomorrow.

• 162 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Feb 13, 2013 at 7:48 PM

Better than that championship standard team from Manchester.

• 163 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Feb 13, 2013 at 7:49 PM

Kets….That’s the spirit. Let’s see what else we can come up with.

I think Krul is going to get a hattrick tomorrow.

Your turn.

• 164 Toon-Prodigy // Feb 13, 2013 at 8:02 PM

Good evening lads, just woke for work tonight.

Do we know the squad for the game yet?

Any details been released? Starters etc..

• 165 mattnufc // Feb 13, 2013 at 8:02 PM

Williamson to go on some pulsating runs

• 166 Rotonda heights // Feb 13, 2013 at 8:04 PM

JB @ 85

Simmo and Willo are useless. Fact

Kets was right about that.

• 167 Ketsbaia9 // Feb 13, 2013 at 8:04 PM

Haidara to be the second player to score a header from the halfway line.

• 168 martoon // Feb 13, 2013 at 8:11 PM

Quiet on here tonight – good header from Welbeck?

• 169 lesh // Feb 13, 2013 at 8:13 PM

For all you Rebecca followers, I thought it best to let you know that me and her’s just got engaged. You heard it here befor the Sun got hold of the story!

So, stop taalkin’ boot me fiancey, she’s nora common slapper yi na – shis quality!!

• 170 Jail for Ashley // Feb 13, 2013 at 8:14 PM

On tomorrows game, although I’ve never been a Willo basher I really don’t see why he has to start against Metalist,the whole point of having a full strength squad is being able to field your best players knowing a very reliable replacement can be brought in should an injury happen, why play Willo just purely for the sake of it.

• 171 lesh // Feb 13, 2013 at 8:16 PM

Jail, given Sailor’s injury history, I’d say playing Willo’s a good move.

• 172 lesh // Feb 13, 2013 at 8:17 PM

* Or even….. Saylor’s injury…..

• 173 Ketsbaia9 // Feb 13, 2013 at 8:18 PM

If we want to lose, then play Willo.

• 174 Jail for Ashley // Feb 13, 2013 at 8:20 PM

Lesh,
    Given STaylors injury record, thats why I would start Collo and Mbwia tomorrow night.

• 175 check the toastie // Feb 13, 2013 at 8:24 PM

Hope Shola puts his usual workrate in tomorrow. Defo win if he does.

• 176 Toon-Prodigy // Feb 13, 2013 at 8:24 PM

Jail,

Although im not his biggest fan, you do have to keep players confidence and morale up.

If he is frozen out completely it may become a problem.

There may be a time when he needs to be called upon in the league, if his confidence is shot we will suffer for it more than likely

• 177 check the toastie // Feb 13, 2013 at 8:25 PM

Rafael has been watching Simmo’s best bits DVD…….
    Its not very long granted, but he certainly has picked up some tips….

• 178 Toon-Prodigy // Feb 13, 2013 at 8:27 PM

So shola simpson and williamson starting then? Is this a given? Or a guess lads?

• 179 check the toastie // Feb 13, 2013 at 8:27 PM

Prodigy, how would you tell if his confidence was shot?

• 180 tequilamag // Feb 13, 2013 at 8:31 PM

Check are you related to Kets ? you seem to share his obsession with Simmo.

• 181 JackButler // Feb 13, 2013 at 8:33 PM

I simply don’t see anything in Benzema, can’t see why he’s regarded as world class

• 182 Toon-Prodigy // Feb 13, 2013 at 8:34 PM

Well, at the moment he is not getting any game time in the league, and I can’t see him getting it any time soon.

This must have an effect on him. If he is frozen out completely where does it leave him? It will affect his confidence, it must do.

Giving him a half or a start will benefit him and the team if he is to be called upon. Everyone needs to be kept sharp. These Euro games are a perfect scenario for him.

Im not his biggest fan. He could play a blinder though, then we have a lad with confidence ready to step in if needed. You never know whats around the corner injury wise.

Just because you sign a new player for a position does not mean that you freeze another player out all together. There is no benefit in that I feel.

• 183 northernirishtoon // Feb 13, 2013 at 8:36 PM

Apparently this is team for 2moro

Newcastle United (4-2-3-1) Krul; Perch, Coloccini, Yanga-Mbiwa, Santon; Tioté, Cabaye; Marveaux, Sissoko, Gutierrez; Cissé

• 184 Big Pappa Cissé // Feb 13, 2013 at 8:41 PM

My team for tomorrow would be

——————————Krul——————————-

–Santon———Taylor———–M’Biwa——Haidara–

—————-Tiote———————-Anita————–

——Obertan————Cabaye———-Marveaux——

—————————–Cisse——————————

Should be more than enough for the win and if Collo plans to leave in the summer the more playing time Taylor & M’biwa have together the better.

• 185 JackButler // Feb 13, 2013 at 8:42 PM

Will Tiote play after being arrested for fraud?????

• 186 JackButler // Feb 13, 2013 at 8:43 PM

Playing Saylor tomorrow is dangerous as he’s made of glass, he’s played three games in a row so is due another spell on the treatment table

• 187 LGFUAD21 // Feb 13, 2013 at 8:43 PM

181JackButler // Feb 13, 2013 at 8:33 PM

Been saying this for months. Always feel real lack a more effective striker

• 188 northernirishtoon // Feb 13, 2013 at 8:43 PM

Tiote has been released earlier today

• 189 check the toastie // Feb 13, 2013 at 8:43 PM

Tequila – i was here slagging Simmo off long before Kets started, please give me some credit. You would have no doubt been on here quoting goalline clearance statistics, oh dear, as i said many times championship player, took pelters but will be proved right, it is so boring being right all the time.

Kets gets some grief but some facts that he comes out with are spot on. He pulls no punches, rather than getting splinters on his bum sitting on fences.

Liberal do gooders such as you Tequila would have watched the Nazi’s take over Great Britain before you thought of challenging anything. Might be a bit harsh but sometimes i just go with my gut instinct.

• 190 check the toastie // Feb 13, 2013 at 8:47 PM

Said this before, if i dont see Anita on the team sheet the lad might as well hand in a transfer request, unless Parsnip is going to give him a go against Soton, or hang him out to dry in the away leg more like.

The kid needs a pick me up, he must be gutted how he has been discarded the last three games. Can play either full back or most places in midfield, there is no excuse, Pardope. Dont make me hunt you down.

• 191 yo-yo // Feb 13, 2013 at 8:50 PM

Using ‘liberal’ as an insult is the mark of a true fascist

• 192 tequilamag // Feb 13, 2013 at 8:50 PM

kets the toastie, Simmo is injured so I just find your obsession weird. He has no chance of playing. As for your Nazi comment. I was squaring off with the NF in 79 when I was in the Anti Nazi League.

• 193 northernirishtoon // Feb 13, 2013 at 8:52 PM

Don’t agree with perch right back especially when santon is left back.

If anything play santon right back and hadaira left back surely?

• 194 mattnufc // Feb 13, 2013 at 8:57 PM

Simpson is not injured. He is due to play, seeing as Debuchy is not in the squad.

• 195 tequilamag // Feb 13, 2013 at 9:00 PM

Matt show me the link where a squad has been named for the match ?

• 196 mattnufc // Feb 13, 2013 at 9:03 PM

He is not in the Euro squad, thus cannot be in tomorrow’s match day squad.

• 197 tequilamag // Feb 13, 2013 at 9:09 PM

Matt that does not mean Simmo will play though does it. He is still injured, no known return date yet.

• 198 francesco-hba // Feb 13, 2013 at 11:58 PM

Monday??
    strange, i see gouffran in training in this video of the Metalist’s pretraining

this video says that Ben arfa is training, but I didn’t find him…

previous post: Newcastle Now Have The Players The Gaffer Wanted