The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!

Pardew – Officials Got It Wrong Twice – Both Goals Were Good

12:08 am, Friday, February 15th, 2013 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 167 Comments

We have to say that Alan Pardew had every right to be annoyed after the game last night – as two Papiss Cisse goals were disallowed for offside – yet both were good goals and the officials got it wrong –  - so what do you do?

alan pardew metalist

Alan Pardew – not looking too happy last night

The officiating was poor to say the least, and it was the same official both times who disallowed the “goals” and both decisions were late ones too.

This  is what Alan Pardew said immediately after the game:

“Both goals are onside.” ‘”Fundamentally the officials have got them wrong, in a tight game like that.” “In these games they are the margins. I can understand if they get it wrong once but twice is hard to take.”

“The law says it should favor the striker. Both decisions were level – I wouldn’t even say that they needed to favor the striker. “It’s hard to take.’”  “The observer has told me that the protocol is not to speak to the referee after the game.”

“Perhaps they should review that. But let me tell you I’m not here to get in to trouble.” “I’ll take a 0-0 draw because a score draw in the return leg takes us through,’ he said.”

“I saw enough tonight to suggest we can get a score draw. Metalist are a good side but they were second best in the game tonight.”

So Alan pardew was advised not to speak to the officials after the game – they are certainly a protected species who seem not to have to be responsible for their decisions in a game.

The offside law used to say that if a player is level he is offside, but the law was changed, and as Alan points out – any doubt there is is supposed to favor the attacking player – but that didn’t help Newcastle tonight.

papiss cisse scores his second

Papiss Cisse scoring his second disallowed goal

And we wonder what happens to the officials who make these poor decisions – are they put on the sidelines for a while as punishment or does nothing happen?

Newcastle played well last night, and there were some good things to take out of the game – not least of which was this new Newcastle team’s first clean sheet – and both Moussa Sissoko and Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa, making his starting debut for Newcastle, had very good games.

There’s still a chance next Thursday that Newcastle can get through – and a score draw will see Newcastle get through to the round of the last 16 – but we will also have to field a weakened side next Thursday, since we play Southampton on the following Sunday – and we are not out of the woods yet as far as relegation is concerned.

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 us on Google+:

You can also reach Ed at admin@nufcblog.com

=============================================

Tags: Coaching · Europa League · European Competition · Newcastle News

167 responses so far ↓

• 1 t00ntime // Feb 15, 2013 at 12:12 AM

if our players cant play in EL and then southampton 3 days later followed by 7 days rest. wtf are we paying them this much for :S

• 2 jamesnufc86 // Feb 15, 2013 at 12:16 AM

Marv is a superior attacking talent to Jonas in every way shape and form. To say that Jonas is better than Marv on the wing or any position in midfield leaves me breathless. Its time to wake up people and stop holding the soft spot for the “old” Guti – at least for the benefit for the team

• 3 eaststandgeordie1982 // Feb 15, 2013 at 12:19 AM

Our passing was horrific to tonight, why do we never press teams like they do to us???? We seem to let them have the ball as much as they wanted. Tiote should not start he is a liability and he has been all season anita was starting to come good and was one of our best players and now he doesnt get a look in. Im so dissapointed that we did go for it tonight and they way we played was awful.

• 4 eaststandgeordie1982 // Feb 15, 2013 at 12:20 AM

Not* go for it

• 5 ToonDarnSarf // Feb 15, 2013 at 12:20 AM

Don’t be daft t00ntime! They’re only human like the rest of us. They try to play at 100% in every game but that’s just not possible. I’m sure they could play those games but that’s what a squad is for. Rotate the players so each one can play as close to 100% as possible.

If you have ever played any sport, you’ll know the number of factors that can mean you aren’t 100%

• 6 ONLINE GUY // Feb 15, 2013 at 12:21 AM

Not Certain if this has already been said ,,

We need a Uefa enquiry to see if the match night was Fixed ..have the russian Mafia got at the linesman ..have they had a bung ? need’s looking at .

• 7 Big Pappa Cissé // Feb 15, 2013 at 12:24 AM

@ Manx

We say wingers but there aren’t many teams in the PL that actually play with out and out wingers that hit the by-line and whip crosses in as modern day fullbacks can do that job. Just look at Chelsea or Man City. Would you say silva Mata,Hazard,Oscar,Nasri were wingers ? because I wouldn’t. If we played 4-4-2 then I would say yes Gutierrez probably would be more effective but the last three or four games we have played a 4-2-3-1 but Jonas just does not fit as well as Marv could.

• 8 ONLINE GUY // Feb 15, 2013 at 12:26 AM

Sissoko was magnificent and Taylor was absolute class..He’s the Classiest center back I have seen this season .If he is not in the England set up for the next match I will Send the FA a letter of Complaint.

• 9 ToonDarnSarf // Feb 15, 2013 at 12:27 AM

Is it crazy night tonight then lads? ONLINE GUY – if there was an investigation into every match with a couple of bad decisions, then there would be dozens in Europe every week!

I hope you’re joking…but just because the opponents are from Eastern Europe doesn’t mean there was a bung…

• 10 Ketsbaia9 // Feb 15, 2013 at 12:27 AM

Like I said, Marveaux and Anita need to start ahead of Jonas and Tiote. It’s a no brainer. We played well tonight. Sissoko never gives up. Cisse had a good game. We were unlucky. It should’ve been 1-0. Think the second goal was slightly offside.

• 11 ~ Phoenix Warrior Perch~ // Feb 15, 2013 at 12:27 AM

I’m glad to see more and more people opening their eyes to Tiote’s abysmal form. He should be 3rd choice.

He should have been sent off last night. Made a tackle in the second half on Edmar, no where near the ball. 9 out of 10 times that would have been a yellow.

• 12 Big Pappa Cissé // Feb 15, 2013 at 12:27 AM

Just watched an MMA film called Warrior. I highly recommend it, one of the best films I have ever seen. Much better than any of the Rocky’s

• 13 Ketsbaia9 // Feb 15, 2013 at 12:27 AM

We’re talking about 10 inches there.

• 14 El Tino // Feb 15, 2013 at 12:28 AM

Memories of better days.

• 15 t00ntime // Feb 15, 2013 at 12:30 AM

@toondarf that is what a squads for but our A team failed against southampton and in EL. so which ever game we rotate in we will probably lose. Not being negative just saying it how it is. They are supposed to be the fittest of the fittest, 2 games in 18days surely isnt too much. Yes some players will need a rest, and we would have to make a few subs. But look at world cups and euro cups etc they play every 3/4 days (group stage) and everyone is fine.

• 16 tequilamag // Feb 15, 2013 at 12:30 AM

Stopped off for a couple beers after the game and just read through the posts and have to say what a bunch of arseholes many of the posters are. The hatred spewed out by people who could not even be bothered to go to the game is beyond sickening, But for some awful decisions we would have won the game easily. The idea we have the best supporters is clearly ridiculous. I feel sick reading some of the comments on here tonight.

• 17 ONLINE GUY // Feb 15, 2013 at 12:31 AM

ED Iv just read your into to this page ..Pardew not allowed to talk to Officials.. Excellent right up Ed…

This need’s brought to the attention of the Interpol !.

• 18 jamesnufc86 // Feb 15, 2013 at 12:32 AM

I know Ive bashed Jonas but I don’t mean too ridicule him. I loved Jonas like most of us did , the first 2- 3 seasons. But, its so frustrating for me to notice that most blame lies on the lad when it comes to attacking positions. He’s lost it, either its the pace, confidence or skill I don’t know, but It looks like all three.

• 19 stuart no9 // Feb 15, 2013 at 12:33 AM

as i thought – pards blames the linesman, in fact hes wrong . one was offside. the other im not too sure, . its not surprising he has found another excuse tonight, he cant blame his squad any more. so – a very hard fought win at villa, followed by our best game of the season against chelsea – back down to earth against spurs- back to normal tonight. its all going to end in tears if pards is not sacked.

• 20 eaststandgeordie1982 // Feb 15, 2013 at 12:34 AM

Kets

Played well ??????? I thought this was a bad performance tonite our final ball was shocking we did nothing simple and kept giving the ball away, sissoko and saylor stood out for me tonight, cisse should of scored atleast 1 of 2 from the 1 on 1 or the header near the end. We have seen how this side can play and we were a million miles for that tonight.

• 21 ~ Phoenix Warrior Perch~ // Feb 15, 2013 at 12:34 AM

Wouldn’t be depressed if we sold Tiote in the summer.

• 22 jamesnufc86 // Feb 15, 2013 at 12:37 AM

tequilamag – calm down lad go and have a beer , Jonas drove me too it , 5 mins after kick off

• 23 ONLINE GUY // Feb 15, 2013 at 12:37 AM

TDS

A linesman makes one bad offside decision , then a second ..one of the goals was 2 ! yards ONSIDE !! and the BAst**rd still put his flag up ..If the LINEsman is trained as a Linesman and he can’t do his job when a player is 2 yards onside ! and scores, then there is something radically wrong I would say he has been got at ..you cant be that FU***ing wrong and not be a Damn Cheat.

• 24 eaststandgeordie1982 // Feb 15, 2013 at 12:38 AM

PWP

I was saying that months ago mate anita is by far a better player and i would also play bigi ahead of him

• 25 ToonDarnSarf // Feb 15, 2013 at 12:38 AM

t00ntime – actually if you look at World Cups, they use their squad a hell of a lot too. And besides, that’s more of an equal footing. Both teams that get to the final are normally equally knackered as they’ve played a semi final just a few days before.

Playing on Thursday, then flying back from the Ukraine Thursday night or Friday morning to play Sunday lunchtime is going to mean that those guys aren’t as fresh as the Southampton players. Little knocks picked up in a game can go after a few days, but they won’t get the chance.

Winning 2-0 tonight would have made it a little easier to make subs next week if we could take an early lead…

• 26 ToonDarnSarf // Feb 15, 2013 at 12:40 AM

ONLINE GUY – It’s a piece of piss getting decisions right when you’re looking at replays on Sky and you’re focussing on that. And obviously our first instinct is going to be onside if it’s a goal for us!

He should be investigated for making at least one big cock up, and possibly another, but you’re going a bit far to suggest he’s corrupt…

• 27 El Tino // Feb 15, 2013 at 12:41 AM

anyone else see the replay of the tackle that got Jonas a yellow card. AWESOME. The best tackle ive ever seen. hahahaha

• 28 ONLINE GUY // Feb 15, 2013 at 12:42 AM

Newcastle Played really really well tonight ..A slow start and then great late in the second half ..Dont care about any other opinion on here if any of you say we played badly ..we played well .

Did you notice how many times Metalist players rolled around when they went down ..they got that Cheat Ethic installed…. Seen one guy roll over on the deck 9 rolls ..I though he was trying to help the Groundsman.

• 29 ~ Phoenix Warrior Perch~ // Feb 15, 2013 at 12:43 AM

@Eastendgeordie

Said that a couple days ago and a couple of other posters had a go at me…

Anita is a better all round player, Perch is a better tackler, Bigi is like tiote but without the yellow cards.

How much do you reckon we could get for Tiote? I doubt it would be anywhere near 15-20mill tbh.

• 30 eaststandgeordie1982 // Feb 15, 2013 at 12:45 AM

PWP

Be lucky if we got anywhere near 10m mate

• 31 ToonDarnSarf // Feb 15, 2013 at 12:45 AM

I don’t get the negativity. We’ve got our best squad since Bobby’s days, and we seem to have some stability within the club too. Happy days!

If Tiote isn’t on top form, well he’s not a bad player to have on the bench is he?? The same people slagging him off were probably saying that they wouldn’t sell him to Chelski for £30m a year ago!

Get behind the lads. Constructive criticism is fine, but as long as they’re trying for the team, I’m happy with that.

• 32 t00ntime // Feb 15, 2013 at 12:47 AM

@toondarf if we had the 2-0 lead we could send a weakend team, but if we send one now i dont think we will win.

i see your point about the knocks etc and it shows how difficult AP’s job is. Though it will be hard to send an Ateam it is our only choice, but if we lose against saints we might only be 1 point above relegation. unless we win both some fans will get on pards back, so he might feel like he needs to send an Ateam. But if he sends and Ateam and we lose both he will be under massive pressure from the fans. I’m glad i dont have to make the decsions. (still feel as though the players should be able to play both, but hey, AP knows them better and if they cant he will have to prove his worth, cant see us winning both)

• 33 manxpie // Feb 15, 2013 at 12:47 AM

first of all tequillamag don’t ever come on this blog on matchdays EVEN WHEN WE WIN lol
    and big pappa the stats and facts show since marveux’s been here he is useless on the wing he has only played well but more importantly IMO bothered to play when he’s in the middle!!
    for me he’d be the perfect choice on the left of a front 3 but he just hasn’t performed when he’s been there !
    gouffran has showed the workrate that’s needed there in a few games that marveux hasn’t in 20 times as much!
    our next transfer business has too be a left winger no doubt but to bash players just really really annoys me especially putting players in positions that they shouldn’t be i.e anita on the wing!!!

• 34 ~ Phoenix Warrior Perch~ // Feb 15, 2013 at 12:48 AM

Actually ToonDownSarf, I was saying sell him for 20mill. I was not as greedy to suggest we could get him for 30mill

We don’t need 3 defensive midfielders on the bench.

Anita/Perch/Bigi are enough for me, with 1 of them starting and 1/2 of the others on the bench.

No point keeping hold of a yellow card magnet Been with us since 2010, and no signs of improvement on his yellow card addiction.

• 35 santonthenewmaldini // Feb 15, 2013 at 12:48 AM

Jonas played ok today but still was not great

The sad thing is if Pardew had not knocked Ferguson’s confidence he could have been playing swinging in crosses for Cisse to head in !

Watching Tiote tonight has made me think that he is not out of form he is just very overrated by a lot of our fans
    He played like this even last season its just he was able to find Cabaye better but when he is relied upon to make any forward play he is just as bad as Jonas in fact he is worse at losing possession i

If we want to progress as a team he needs to be replaced with a ball playing defensive midfielder infact that is what Cabaye is best at being the deep lying playmaker even Perch is better as he does not lose the ball and is a better tackler

The sad thing is Pardew will persist in playing Tiote and Jonas when the likes of Anita and Marveux would have been perfect for that game as we needed players to break them down how long will he give players badly out of form to get back into form?!?

Sissoko and Marveux were linking up superbly near the end they were cutting them to shreds and we should have won at a canter as we missed some sitters the only chances they got were on the breakaway and if our disallowed goals had went in could have been 2 or 3 nil and that was us not playing well really

Pardew needs to get out of this defensive mindset as he is running out of excuses cause i can see us playing a weakened team in the 2nd leg and going out with a whimper

Thats another thing how can Messi, Ronaldo , Iniesta etc play 60 full games a season and our players cant play 3 games in 2 weeks!??!

• 36 ONLINE GUY // Feb 15, 2013 at 12:49 AM

TDS

How do you know if He’s not corrupt .? His decisions were horrific man I was right there ..I was not watching it on Sky I was watching it As it happened live..also Sissoko pulled the ball BACK Cisse was in an onside posision Sissoko was ahead of Cisse..he pulled the F**er back ..HE could not have been offside even if I had jumped on the pitch and dragged him a yard and a half forward ..get the picture ? the linesman was right there and HE is a F***ng cheat.

yOUr trying to get me going Tds IV just realised ! ..GIT !

• 37 ToonDarnSarf // Feb 15, 2013 at 12:51 AM

t00ntime – well, we know that Debuchy and Gouffran can’t play in EL, so they’re nailed on for the Saints game. Ben Arfa won’t be risked either but hopefully will be able to play some part on Sunday too. I don’t mind a little rotation of the rest, as long as we’ve got Krul, Cabaye, and Santon playing against Saints. The rest I reckon can be rotated depending on who is in the best shape.

Agree we can’t put out a weakened team if we expect to win. I think it would demoralise the squad if we did anyway, shows how worried the management is about relegation. Put out a proper team and boost confidence for the rest of the season.

• 38 ~ Phoenix Warrior Perch~ // Feb 15, 2013 at 12:51 AM

@Eastendgeordie

Aye, thats probably true. Would be lucky if we got 10mill based on his form this season…

• 39 ONLINE GUY // Feb 15, 2013 at 12:52 AM

TDS

Im Having a pint of Guinness..Its Draught Guinness with the Widget in the can …Im gonna drink the Guinness Then swallow the widget , then eat the F***ing Can.

• 40 ToonDarnSarf // Feb 15, 2013 at 12:53 AM

PWP – I wasn’t picking on you specifically, but there were plenty saying stupid figures to sell him.

Anita and Perch can play several positions, Bigi is very young and still raw. I’d say take £20m if it’s offerered and we can reinvest it into the squad, but I’d rather have him in the squad than £10m in the bank.

• 41 Jackel001 // Feb 15, 2013 at 12:54 AM

@Big pappa Cisse

Are you smoking crack? Its ok but it hasn’t got a snip on the Rocky’s mate haha

• 42 Big Pappa Cissé // Feb 15, 2013 at 12:55 AM

@ manx

I would start Gouffran over Marveaux as well. I don’t think you can just say stats prove and expect me to believe it :) . I just judge things from what I see

• 43 rfcready // Feb 15, 2013 at 12:59 AM

Not a bad result but the passing is so very bad If they passed like that on our team they would be getting there asses kicked.

• 44 Big Pappa Cissé // Feb 15, 2013 at 12:59 AM

Well lads it been emotional but I’m off to bed. Always a pleasure never a chore. If we all thought the same it would be a very boring world. Night chaps ;)

• 45 ToonDarnSarf // Feb 15, 2013 at 1:01 AM

I was surprised Simpson didn’t start though. Reckon his head must be shot at not getting a move in Jan and Pards doesn’t have faith in him. I’d be surprised if he gets another start this year unless Debuchy is out and we haven’t got either Taylor.

• 46 manxpie // Feb 15, 2013 at 1:02 AM

and btw did any1 see our run wen guti wasn’t in the team?
    pardew is very much on the stats of games and how much players work
    the fact is the defence and team has played better since guti came back

• 47 jamesnufc86 // Feb 15, 2013 at 1:03 AM

@38 – you never know , there is always Liverpool ????

• 48 t00ntime // Feb 15, 2013 at 1:04 AM

@toondarn krul is our only good keeper (i dont rate elliot) so for me he will play in both

simpson and debuchy are our RB’s like you said debuchy cant play EL, so simmo EL, debuchy saints.

we have 3 CB’s i think colo will play both and m’biwa+taylor will play one each. taylor is better than colo atm imo, but he is injury prone so i cant AP braving it.

LB we have santon and haidara (dont know how to spell his name), seen so for me jonas will start EL and not saints, i would play haidara Lb in EL for the extra cover.

to keep it short, i’ll just list my teams lol xD

—————-krul—————
    simmo—m’biwa—colo—haidara
    ———-cabaye–perch/anita—-
    –obertan——marv——–jonas
    —————cisse————–

in the 2nd half i would sub cisse and cabaye to keep em a bit fit. I dont have sissoko cause he runs for 90mins and i cant seem him lasting both games.

against saints

————-krul—————
    deb—colo——taylor—santon
    ——–cabaye-tiote/anita/perch-
    -HBA—–sissoko———-gouff
    ———–cisse—————–

tiote or anita/perch (depending who played mid week)

Do i think both teams would win? no but i think it gives us the best chance of winning both (i we would win the saints game)

• 49 ONLINE GUY // Feb 15, 2013 at 1:06 AM

I think we should get rid of the black and white Shirt/strip …

Bring it on ….

• 50 jamesnufc86 // Feb 15, 2013 at 1:09 AM

Manxpie , urrgghh , stats ?what about attacking stats ? Is Jonas just behind bale in that third ?

• 51 ToonDarnSarf // Feb 15, 2013 at 1:11 AM

t00ntime – I reckon Santon will start both. And it looks like he hasn’t got confidence in Simpson, why not play him today?

Otherwise I reckon we’ve got enough to win both games. We need experience in the EL though, Ameobi wouldn’t be a bad bet to start.

• 52 ONLINE GUY // Feb 15, 2013 at 1:12 AM

At the risk of sounding nasty..I think there is ..nay, there is only 2 posters above that really know anything about Football ..the rest of you probably have no
    co-ordination ..and would not even be able to explain the Offside rule …

So a lot of you above are real Football Dummy’s ..Iv read 2 posters that know a bit above, that tells me they know the game ..the rest of you are Wracked with stupidity …

Again …Bring it on …

• 53 jamesnufc86 // Feb 15, 2013 at 1:15 AM

Online guy – you’re obviously saying something like that as you are craving a reaction . Ignored at school ?

• 54 manxpie // Feb 15, 2013 at 1:16 AM

pappa lol but that shows you!!
    on paper marveux is the perfect left sided of a front 3 but with his pace and ability but he hasent performed there and gouffrann has really impressed me
    which says to me without ben arfa guti is deffo our best option on the wing and until marv (if he ever will) gets that in his head then he won’t get a starting position on the wing!
    and as for obertan the only thing he needs to add to his game is concentration! the ammount of times he switches off is infuriating i.e throw ins or corners he just walks off and doesn’t even know when the ball is back in play even though he should be the one looking for it!

• 55 t00ntime // Feb 15, 2013 at 1:18 AM

@toondarn if he can start both that wud be great but santon is like sissoko, never stops running and i’m worried he might not make it through both. The players who sit back and spread it shud be fine for both games imo like Cb’s but like u said a knock or 2 and that cud destroy us against the saints.
    I agree it is strange about simmo, definitly seen so pardew would never drop him before jan. I guess we will find out weather simmo and AP have fallen out or not. (or ap questions his faith)

I’m quite intrested to see APs teams and how they do but everytime i think about it i think how much easier it would of been with a 2-0 lead and then i get angry at the linesman again lol

• 56 ONLINE GUY // Feb 15, 2013 at 1:19 AM

JAme’s Hello !

Im just having a bit of fun son … THe blogg is usually full of accountants at this time of night/morning

JUst trying to liven things up ..We should get rid of the black and white stripes though eh ? x

• 57 manxpie // Feb 15, 2013 at 1:20 AM

james wen jonas was missing we lost every game so that pretty much answers your attacking stats for ya :)

• 58 ONLINE GUY // Feb 15, 2013 at 1:21 AM

James

Im a Girl. x

• 59 jamesnufc86 // Feb 15, 2013 at 1:22 AM

Ha ha online guy , perhaps you spend too much time online ! I’d think that accountants would probably get to their beds at quite a reasonable time , it’s just all working class Geordies left at this time ha ha

• 60 ONLINE GUY // Feb 15, 2013 at 1:22 AM

Manxpie ..are you on the IOM ?

• 61 manxpie // Feb 15, 2013 at 1:24 AM

yeah online if you mean the isle of man?

• 62 ONLINE GUY // Feb 15, 2013 at 1:25 AM

James I play Guitar for a living . And other crazy stuff ..iV worked in radio and tv I keep strange hours ..London Town Friday night Cant wait !

Im also a bit of a wum.

• 63 ToonDarnSarf // Feb 15, 2013 at 1:26 AM

t00ntime – Yeah, very annoying with the bad decisions today. Happens too often though…and never nice when it’s against your own club!

I’m mostly worried about Cabaye as he puts himself about a bit. MYM can play LB too I believe? Dunno about Haidara as I haven’t seem him play, but Simmo could do a job at FB too if Pardew things his head is right.

• 64 ONLINE GUY // Feb 15, 2013 at 1:26 AM

Manxpie yeah Isle of Man ..Do you get much inbreeding these days ?

• 65 ONLINE GUY // Feb 15, 2013 at 1:27 AM

Sorry Manx ..just Joshing mate !

• 66 ToonDarnSarf // Feb 15, 2013 at 1:28 AM

ONLINE GUY – I reckon the accountants are in bed…up early to do more number crunching…

I have up earlier because you’re obviously a WUM. Why bother??

• 67 jamesnufc86 // Feb 15, 2013 at 1:29 AM

Manxpie – no it doesn’t . We have lost a fair share of matches with Guti in also , but there is no point in arguing a point till blue in the face if we both clearly have different standpoints.

• 68 manxpie // Feb 15, 2013 at 1:30 AM

strangely not online but by your intelligence of that question i’d ask you the same where ever you are!?

• 69 jamesnufc86 // Feb 15, 2013 at 1:32 AM

What is a wum ?

• 70 ONLINE GUY // Feb 15, 2013 at 1:32 AM

TDS

Yeah ..I dont usually but feeling a bit Pedantic tonight after the match..Calmed down now ..Good will to all men. And goodwill to all Newcastle fans .

NIght lad’s.

• 71 ToonDarnSarf // Feb 15, 2013 at 1:35 AM

jamesnufc86 – I had to look it up recently…it stands for Wind Up Merchant…

• 72 jamesnufc86 // Feb 15, 2013 at 1:35 AM

We should ask Ed if we can add faces to our profiles , it would really give me a good indication of what type of fanny I’m dealing with

• 73 jamesnufc86 // Feb 15, 2013 at 1:36 AM

@71 ahh, cheers

• 74 santonthenewmaldini // Feb 15, 2013 at 1:37 AM

Also Krul’s kicking is shocking

He really really needs to improve it there was a period in the 2nd half were he had about 3 or 4 kicks in a row that went out for a throw in

I would play Cisse up front again next week as he looked angry at getting denied those goals reckon it will bring out the best in him and he will score against Metallica next week and against Southampton

• 75 ONLINE GUY // Feb 15, 2013 at 1:39 AM

Manx lighten up mate it was only a joke ..YOu hear that type of joke in a lot of standup ..chill.

• 76 manxpie // Feb 15, 2013 at 1:40 AM

well thats true james i’m not ere for an argument but since guti has come back we’ve improved and he’s an experienced head in a team that for some reason looked like a kindergarten class as i’ve said for too many times that wat i hate is people and supposedly FANS slate players and the manager on matchdays!
    BUT when we won against villa and chelsea we didn’t hear nowt from them is that a coincidence or just moaning unhappy fans or just arseholes!??

• 77 ONLINE GUY // Feb 15, 2013 at 1:41 AM

James, If your refering to me ..Shut the F**k up and if your not Shut the F** up !

• 78 ONLINE GUY // Feb 15, 2013 at 1:44 AM

I was right about the Accountants ..they are up late ..and on here ..the biggest bunch of boring Bast**ds you can encounter.

• 79 cockneymagpie90 // Feb 15, 2013 at 1:45 AM

Guti is a good player but he is no wide man, not anymore atleast. Why would u play him if we are in need of goals?

Marvo would of been brilliant from the start. All guti tends to do is run at a player then turn aroumd on the ball and get a free kick or pass it backwards.

I dont think tiote was too bad for us tonight and i think he made some good tackles but not bringing anita on even as a sub is starting to annoy me.

Ober is pacey but isnt the finished article and cant get a cross in to save his life. Why marvo wasnt infront of him i dont know??!!

Where was haidara??? I would of switched santon to the right snd put haidara on the left and left mbiwa til next week to partner colo.

This line up would of done the business for sure..

Krul
    Santon-taylor-colo-haidara
    Anita-tiote
    Sissoko-cabaye-marvo
    Cisse

Shame we dont pick the teams because guti isnt going to create goals down the wing and although i like mbiwa as a player i dont think he would of been as threatening as haidara.

Marvo and anita should of started ahead of ober and guti and we would of beaten them for sure.

But hey, we will never know!

• 80 jamesnufc86 // Feb 15, 2013 at 1:47 AM

Manpie – I’m not here for an argument either mate !, I enjoy speaking with other random fans about the state of our club . I respect everyone’s opinion but I can still disagree , sometimes ferociously disagree ! ie Jonas ! But I suppose he’s still a NUFC player , and he tries hard , and obviously if Ronaldo was on the bench for us Pardew would pick Jonas , as he has defensive qualities lol something ronaldo lacks

• 81 ToonDarnSarf // Feb 15, 2013 at 1:48 AM

ONLINE GUY – When you’re angry and/or drunk, I think almost anyone seems boring unless they are the same…go find a spider and pull its legs off or something…

Another symptom of being drunk is thinking that you’re funny…

• 82 manxpie // Feb 15, 2013 at 1:48 AM

well online the difference is you pay and know wat your going to see so therefore you know wat your gonna get!!,
    so just a random insult is gonna cause offence mate!
    wether you say “joke” afterwards or not!

• 83 jamesnufc86 // Feb 15, 2013 at 1:49 AM

Ha ha Online Guy – I was referring to the blog in general – however you seem to feel yourself you must be a fanny from that statement

• 84 ToonDarnSarf // Feb 15, 2013 at 1:51 AM

Would of, could of…grrrr…

It’s “would have” or “would’ve”! or “could have” or “could’ve”…

• 85 ToonDarnSarf // Feb 15, 2013 at 1:53 AM

jamesnufc86 – I’d love to see voting on the posts, and also the option to block certain people. Would be great if we could all decide to filter out some WUMs and also posts that are ranked really low.

• 86 manxpie // Feb 15, 2013 at 1:55 AM

lol james lets agree at least, where laughing at online guy!
    seriously though if guti was taking arfas place i’d totally agree with you!
    but at the minute he is deffo the best option and our next market options is deffo wingers??
    marv or anita ain’t wingers!

• 87 manxpie // Feb 15, 2013 at 1:58 AM

toondarnsarf is that aimed at me????

• 88 jamesnufc86 // Feb 15, 2013 at 1:58 AM

Ha ha – yea it’s strange this blog , although I hardly ever comment I read it at least 3 times a day . Sometimes I think when im at a match that the bloke behind me is a poster , like online guy !( you know the fat bloke behind you that is your personal commentator, swearing , little drops of spit landing on your neck, and they’ve almost always got a lisp )

• 89 ToonDarnSarf // Feb 15, 2013 at 2:00 AM

manx – the “would of”, “could of” comment you mean? Actually it wasn’t. But if the cap fits…

• 90 cockneymagpie90 // Feb 15, 2013 at 2:04 AM

Its aimed at me because of my horrific use of gramma.

Its ‘toondownsouth’.. grrrrrr!!!

We didnt all lick the teachers arse in school and turn around to the cool kids and think il get him back one day.

Well now u have, weldone and goodnight.

• 91 ToonDarnSarf // Feb 15, 2013 at 2:05 AM

I don’t get to matches as often as I’d like to sadly, being darn sarf and all. So I don’t get to chat to many fans. I come on here to try to keep in touch and get the views of the general fans, but too many people seem to have pretty ridiculous extreme views. I reckon a lot of fans with nice normal views don’t bother posting, it’s the really passionate people who bother, and they can be passionate in all sorts of different ways!

• 92 ToonDarnSarf // Feb 15, 2013 at 2:10 AM

cockneymagpie90 – you don’t have to be a teacher’s pet to pick up correct grammar you know mate…and it’s never too late to learn.

I don’t comment on the majority of stuff, but I really don’t get that. I don’t remember people doing it 10 or 20 years ago, so either I just didn’t notice, or people have started to pick it up recently. Either way, it bugs me…not as much as a mackem on this forum…but it still bugs me…

• 93 ~ Phoenix Warrior Perch~ // Feb 15, 2013 at 2:14 AM

Look on the bright side,

Next leg: Different Officials.

If Ben arfa is fit, 20 min cameo for him to get some game time before southampton?

• 94 manxpie // Feb 15, 2013 at 2:15 AM

well “TOONDARNSARF” if ya a grammar security guard you might want to take a look at your own name hey!? :)
    but i was always shite at “englisch” so if your offended by that i appologise but u knew want i ment so your just being a pinnacky arse really aren’t ya ??:)

• 95 ONLINE GUY // Feb 15, 2013 at 2:15 AM

Manx ..your a mammys boy and dont know anything about playing the game of football.

TDS You a come across as a smarmy kind and that’s proven beyond doubt now ..you would have trouble explaining the offside rule . Got any more shit to spew? As for being drunk
    your assumption is way off the mark…That’s a slur ..so have some back you foolish man/ little boy ? explain the offside rule ..how far do you get ? See what I mean ? you don’t know the first thing about Playing the game of football, that’s clearly apparent when you write .. I laugh when you and manx try and Write about football ..IM thinking ..they don’t know that they don’t know ! I get a good laugh at you and your cronies though when you try and talk about FOOTBALL .. ! Its a Scream really when you talk about football and don’t realise how stupid you are. YOU and your cronies are an endless amusement for me ..It is that bad, it is so absurd at times, that I have took to reading what you write to get a laugh ! its really really hilarious .

There are those that know , and there are those that don’t know , and ..there are those that don’t know what they don’t know ..you and your cronies TDS fall into that catagory……….Drunk ye’ gad’s!, I think not .

Hilarious !!

• 96 manxpie // Feb 15, 2013 at 2:18 AM

phoenix is it deffo new officials??

• 97 ONLINE GUY // Feb 15, 2013 at 2:20 AM

James your one of those Who don’t really know the game son…and it was clear who you were calling earlier ..you mention me earlier Sherlock .. And as for the guy behind you at the match ..I doubt it as I sit in a private box most of the time ..Idiot. Hey when you post anything write anything its a great Amusment to me its Hilarious ..! you dont know anything about the game as a player as you would not write most of the Shite you write ! and that’s really really true son ..your an idiot.

• 98 jamesnufc86 // Feb 15, 2013 at 2:20 AM

C”mon lads don’t have a go a people’s grammar , it’s to be expected ! Most of us are Geordies , and the rest support the toon by choice ! we might be the greatest fans the world have ever seen , but I very much doubt we are the cleverest ????

• 99 ToonDarnSarf // Feb 15, 2013 at 2:23 AM

manxpie – ToonDownSouth was already taken! So I decided to take the piss out of the suvveners. :-)

Nah, not offended by bad grammar and spelling really, just that one gets my goat!

And I think we can both agree that ONLINE GUY is a nob ed.

• 100 jamesnufc86 // Feb 15, 2013 at 2:25 AM

Speaking of grammar , online guy , you’re means “you are” and the correct way to start off your tiresome rant when addressing me, James. Cheers

• 101 ToonDarnSarf // Feb 15, 2013 at 2:26 AM

jamesnufc86 – Sorry mate, as I mentioned I’m not really the grammar police, I just don’t get that one in particular! I reckon it’s new, which means someone changed their habit to writing it incorrectly…

I still reckon the fans have better grammar than the players…I can’t even understand half the shit that Simpson comes out with!

• 102 jamesnufc86 // Feb 15, 2013 at 2:27 AM

Ha ha in a box ?? Next to shearer ? Ha ha online guy , you’re probably in the special needs section that you think is a box , but probably more like a rectangle

• 103 manxpie // Feb 15, 2013 at 2:28 AM

haha online i don’t know anything about how to play football!
    well how about playing against man city, liverpool and celtic youth teams as i was striker for the island team but i know nowt about the game of football obviously
    the picture i have of you (which is unsightly) is a 20 stone balding guy in his y-fronts stuck 24 hours behind 3 computers reigning war on watever ya fancy!!

• 104 ONLINE GUY // Feb 15, 2013 at 2:30 AM

James this is true ….The worst little Arseholes on this planet are grammar police ..they really are ..the worst type..of person.

I bet your great entertainment at parties !

• 105 ToonDarnSarf // Feb 15, 2013 at 2:30 AM

“ONLINE GUY” says it all I think really…online life, online job, online girlfriend…

Or are you just in a bad mood because you got online dumped?

• 106 ONLINE GUY // Feb 15, 2013 at 2:32 AM

Hey Manx….You cant say you know anything about Football mate when you only have 3 sheep, a cow, a pig, and your Grannie, to pick from .

• 107 manxpie // Feb 15, 2013 at 2:34 AM

toondarnsarf i agree!!

• 108 ONLINE GUY // Feb 15, 2013 at 2:38 AM

TDS We can trade insults for a while yet . Im off to London town soon and you are keeping me entertained as I ready myself …you got your cronies behind you ..to help you with your Tactics ..Can you explain to me the offside rule ..?

Manx

Listen son ..I played the game at a level you can only dream about ..and you do dream about ..so Forget the youth team crap ,,My son played for Southampton and 2 other clubs that I wont even bother telling you about .

• 109 manxpie // Feb 15, 2013 at 2:39 AM

online watever man just carry on your campaigns against referees and fraudulent games don;t forget webb though i’m sure he’s a man u supporter wink wink!!

• 110 Brutooon // Feb 15, 2013 at 2:40 AM

Gutierrez – Useless winger, he slow down our attack. he is “hard working” but no END Product

Cisse – we need a competition/backup for him.

One thing for sure, there should not be an automatic selection for anyone

• 111 jamesnufc86 // Feb 15, 2013 at 2:41 AM

Online Guy , best just give it a rest . There is absolutely no point in claiming sensational things on a blog where nobody is actually real in context. I could be Fastino Asprilla for all we know

• 112 ONLINE GUY // Feb 15, 2013 at 2:41 AM

Well boys IM away for a quick kip then hit the road …you can have a pop at me in that time ..I am still waiting for TDS to explain the offside rule ..no cut and past mind TDS …Goodnight lad’s.

• 113 ONLINE GUY // Feb 15, 2013 at 2:43 AM

James, I though you were Tino ! Shucks. Nite Lad’s.

• 114 manxpie // Feb 15, 2013 at 2:43 AM

watever lad but i don’t believe you especially coz you call yourself online guy which 2 me means your an arse!!

• 115 ONLINE GUY // Feb 15, 2013 at 2:44 AM

Manx online guy is an anagram of my name ..

• 116 ONLINE GUY // Feb 15, 2013 at 2:46 AM

MAnx just try to be straight for a moment ..why would online guy sound like someone is an arse ?..if you present a good explanation I might just change it .

• 117 ONLINE GUY // Feb 15, 2013 at 2:48 AM

BTW Manx I have a few friends on the IOM and some Family .!

• 118 ONLINE GUY // Feb 15, 2013 at 2:53 AM

Manxpie ..as a name sounds……….. effeminate

• 119 manxpie // Feb 15, 2013 at 2:53 AM

eerrrrrrrmmmmmmmm because it sounds like you spend your life ONLINE which to me makes you sound like an arse plus the fact you abuse just to get a reaction i.e a WUM or a FANTASIST thers plenty really!!!

• 120 jamesnufc86 // Feb 15, 2013 at 2:55 AM

@119 ha ha

• 121 manxpie // Feb 15, 2013 at 3:03 AM

well in your theory i’m probably related!
    and manx is wat i am and wat i’m very proud off and how can some1 from the isle of MAN sound effeminate and that probably has a hell off alot more history than you and guess wat for a little island we’ve still got our inderpendence and we use it too banish any tossers that break our laws you could only dream of that hey??

• 122 ONLINE GUY // Feb 15, 2013 at 3:04 AM

Manx it depends how seriously you take life mate ..I find this not to be something to take serious ‘I think that you might take this blog too serious..and I treat it light heartedly really ..So when I agitate a bit its only for my own amusement … My son was at Southampton for real mind….a short stay .. he moved on to other league club. and I did play myself ..also My Uncle Played in goal for Man Utd ..Newcastle , Darlington..he was in the Munich Air Disaster . We have other ex pro’s in my Family.. Don’t take me to Serious….I dont !

• 123 ONLINE GUY // Feb 15, 2013 at 3:08 AM

Manx… I love the Isle of Man.. A friend is a Lecturer ..at your uni there . I have 2 musician friend’s on the Island.

Right I really do have to go, all the best lads ..Iv agitated more than is clever.. so goodnight lads.

• 124 ONLINE GUY // Feb 15, 2013 at 3:10 AM

James ……you really are a little Prat .

• 125 Novocastrian66 // Feb 15, 2013 at 3:15 AM

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/drinking-alcohol-football-grounds-premier-1709494. Bring it on.

• 126 jamesnufc86 // Feb 15, 2013 at 3:16 AM

My granny played for Spurs once

• 127 ONLINE GUY // Feb 15, 2013 at 3:17 AM

James..nufc 86..yes you have just proved it . Prat

• 128 ONLINE GUY // Feb 15, 2013 at 3:20 AM

James, should you not be in bed for School ?

• 129 jamesnufc86 // Feb 15, 2013 at 3:21 AM

Ha ha good night Online Guy , don’t stay up too late on your computer games / Asian chat line blog , see you tomorrow xxx

• 130 Novocastrian66 // Feb 15, 2013 at 3:30 AM

Online. Ray Wood?

• 131 manxpie // Feb 15, 2013 at 3:39 AM

ha ha james you been told!! btw online we dont have a uni and i was once very good mates wit norman wisdom infact i went too his 80th and rick wakeman seen me play celtic an st johnstan and some welsh team in a round robin as a guest of honour all absolutly true!!

• 132 Mister Tuff // Feb 15, 2013 at 6:15 AM

Phoenix Warrior Perch @93
    You previously posted the following:-
    “Also we did not concede an away goal, meaning the away goal rule will be in our favor next game. We only have to score half the amount they do next game to get through”.
    This is a highly interesting post especially the bit about “we only have to score half the amount they do….”.
    Does this mean that UEFA have changed the away goals rule overnight without telling the world or does it mean that you do not know the away goals rule. It’s obvious that you do not know the rules of the game. With the obvious presumption which naturally follows that you do not know much about football at all.
    By your logic if we get beat 2-1 -we get through. Really! The away goals rule only applies in the event of the scores/aggregate scores being equal ie 1-1, 2-2, 3-3 etc.
    By not knowing this elementary rule of football really suggests, I’m afraid, that you need to change your game, perhaps netball or rounders.

• 133 joe // Feb 15, 2013 at 6:30 AM

Don’t get why people are so worked up Pardew playing Guti and Tiote and not Marveux and Anita. Wake up guys! Do you even know how to play an European tie!? There has to be a balace between flair and graft. Fine if we had played Marveux and Anita from the start we might have scored 1 or 2. Then again because of the lack of graft they might have scored 1. End result? 2-1 or 1-1. Deep sh*t for us!

There’s a reason why Ferguson in European matches favours the likes of Park, O Shea, Fletcher, the kind who would really graft and stop the opposition from scoring.

I’m betting those of you who are moaning about his team selection now would be still moaning had he started Anita and Marveux and Metalist had 1 or 2 away goals now. He got his tactics spot imo. This is only half time in the tie and do you see any team trying to kill a game before half time? No. Not even Man U or Real Madrid do it. Let us not forget the nightmare of AZ Alkmaar, scored 4 goals let in 2 in the first leg. How did that turn out eh?

• 134 Toon-Prodigy // Feb 15, 2013 at 6:38 AM

That was a bit harsh Mister Tuff^^

Both of these goals should of stood.

The first one was diabolical, the linesman didn’t raise his flag until he actually touched the ball a second time 5 seconds later. He should be pulled over the coals for that one.

The second was half and half and the law states the benefit of the doubt has to go to the striker. Even if he was offside there is no way the linesman could of called it, it was far too close.

Conclusion, we were robbed of two goals.

They had there chances also though, and on another day Cisse should of buried at least another two.

There is no getting away from that though, we were robbed off two perfectly decent goals last night.

Tiote, still getting back into his stride, I’ll give him the benefit of the doubt last night, nobody played amazing. His lunge on that lad was worrying, he was miles behind with it.

That said,

That happens in football though with everyone, it’s more analysed when Tiote does it. Especially on here.

I’v seen how good he is on his day though and im not throwing him to the lions as yet. I feel he needs games, when he gets that form back he will be monumental in that first 11 with our new added recruits.

• 135 Kc-Toon // Feb 15, 2013 at 6:46 AM

Just what you need to wake up on a morning
    Gut Wrenching !

• 136 Mister Tuff // Feb 15, 2013 at 7:10 AM

Toon @134 -perhaps a bit harsh – but it is slightly annoying that people do not know the rules of the game ( well I find it annoying).
    I read most posts, but when it becomes apparent that the poster does not know the rules – it throws into doubt whether they know what they are talking about in total. In the grand scheme of things it is perhaps insignificant -but just annoying -not that I’m going to lose any sleep over it.

• 137 check the toastie // Feb 15, 2013 at 7:14 AM

Pardew baffles me, Obertan over Marveaux, Mbiwa full back, No Anita for Jonas, its just so unfair, and unfortunately all so predictable.

Still think we are in a relegation scrap while Pardope is in charge. Have no idea on the type of football he wants the team to play, what does he now see in Jonas and Obertan over Anita and Marv, he is a rank bad judge of a player.

If his intention is to play Cabaye so deep he does not need a Defensive Midfielder he can play Sissoko or Anita next to him and then put Marv in the hole. Everything he does is tinged with caution.

Total Bollocks.

Wonder if Anita has asked for a transfer yet, his career is over here before its started, as Pardew doesnt appreciate clever technical players. The lad is a gem and is being treated like a tw#t.

• 138 Toon-Prodigy // Feb 15, 2013 at 7:24 AM

Mister,

I don’t think it’s a case of he dosn’t know the rules, I think he just hasn’t explained enough. I know where he is coming from and so do you, c’mon now haha.

I think you have just jumped on that there. I just thought it was a little harsh. Nothing personal mate ;)

Thats me finished work for the next 7 nights now!

Party time!

• 139 Mister Tuff // Feb 15, 2013 at 7:31 AM

Toon – I confess to adding a bit of naughty/cheeky humour by suggesting netball or rounders!

I’ve just been watching the Tottenham goals on Sky News -Toon players should note that when we play Spurs next season (hopefully) that when Bale takes a free kick -he goes over the wall and does not do a “daisy cutter”. So next season JUMP if you are in the defensive wall.

• 140 Ian Toon // Feb 15, 2013 at 7:38 AM

Mister Tuff – Good morning you cheeky chappie!!
    The linesman was the difference between achievement and disappointment.

• 141 Ian Toon // Feb 15, 2013 at 7:40 AM

Mister Tuff- When we play Spurs (assuming Bale is playing!) next season we put Sissoko on him to mark him out of the game.

• 142 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Feb 15, 2013 at 7:44 AM

Morning all.

Well well well, that didn’t work out did it?

Have to say that I don’t think we really played very well at all last night. However, we should be the laws of the game be taking a lead in to the 2nd leg.

First Cisse goal I am in doubt about, the second one I could be convinced either way tbh, but I do know the whole striker gets the benefit…blah blah blah…obviously not this time.

Now I am not criticising the lad, far from it as I know it’s his first game and he wasn’t bad, but does everyone think Mbiwa was really that good last night? Not writing him off, but he clearly needs time to adjust in to the team, looked really out of sync at times, but then again, I guess a few players did.

A special mention for Mr. T, wtf are you doing? Could / should have seen red. Really like him, but he needs to be benched for a couple of games, try and get his head together.

• 143 nick_9 // Feb 15, 2013 at 7:45 AM

Mister tuff – I’m not so sure bale will still be in this league next season or at spurs. Dread to think what Tottenham could get for a transfer fee, didn’t they sell modric for 30m?

Online guy – anagram of your name? That has me intrigued. Can only think of Neil Young.

It’s a shame sissoko, mbiwa and cisse weren’t accredited with the assists/goals they deserved. That second one is tight but the defenders knee and upper totes is leaning over the line of grass and there is no way the human eye can see that and judge it correctly without guessing. It’s time this large revenue making industry got with the times and brought in technology and safe standing. Would also like to see a scoreboard at SJP, not because I’m forgetful but it would be nice to capture some results on my phone

• 144 Ian Toon // Feb 15, 2013 at 7:49 AM

Check- Maybe your not totally clueless. After 10 minutes it was apparent that with Cabaye playing so deep that we did not need Tiote as DM . Anita would have provided more controlled movement whereas we appeared very lethargic in movement off the ball. Jonas lacked the ability to cross the ball but his energy and determination never wavered. Yanga was the pick for me and his pace in a central role is welcomed. Pardew is faced with a dilemma as to the strength of team he fields prior to vital Saints game. We have enough to get through by playing a counter attacking game with Anita and Marve starting.

• 145 nick_9 // Feb 15, 2013 at 7:49 AM

Ibiza – I though mbiwa looked very fast and often played quick passes. I didn’t really agree with Pards asking him to play rb as I can imagine it being a shock to the system going from mainly cb to flying rb. He looked fine where he was but as a cb its hard to judge until I’ve seen him in that position.

• 146 Ian Toon // Feb 15, 2013 at 7:51 AM

Ibiza- Good Morning and welcome aboard the magic roundabout.
    We was robbed springs to mind.

• 147 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Feb 15, 2013 at 7:53 AM

Nick…Not trying to sound too down on him, really I’m not, you can see the lad has some skills and pace, just thought he put in some really clumsy attempted tackles etc. I’m sure he’ll come good, by almost all accounts he is some player and it was his first game and as you say, out of his normal position.

• 148 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Feb 15, 2013 at 7:56 AM

Ian…Like stealing sweeties from a baby. I watched the game with some friends who generally try and give me as hard a time as possible about supporting the toon and even they were saying the ref must have been paid off and I don’t think it was out of sympathy :)

• 149 Ian Toon // Feb 15, 2013 at 7:59 AM

Ibiza- I was also disappointed with Cabaye who was petulant mainly out of frustration. It was a strange game because we failed to get our game together. Sissoko was anonymous for long spells possibly because Cabaye was playing too deep. Cisse is slowly getting there but aside from offside goals that weren’t he should have scored. Yanga looks just the pacy defender we need . Enjoy your day.

• 150 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Feb 15, 2013 at 8:01 AM

Ian…Cabaye certainly does walk a thin line. I really like him as a player, but he needs to tone the petulance down a bit.

Failed to get our game together really sums it up for me.

Have a good one.

• 151 Ian Toon // Feb 15, 2013 at 8:03 AM

Ibiza- My mate was highlighting the recent cases of bribery and corruption and suggesting it was happening at SJP. Still fancy us to get through with a counter attacking approach next Thursday. I kept thinking it was one of those games where the first goal is a long time coming but then you get two or three. Frustrating but what’s new. A day in the life. See ya.

• 152 Charlie in the Gallowgate // Feb 15, 2013 at 8:13 AM

Ian Toon
    @144
    Got to agree with you that Cabaye was playing to deep as if he was looking after Tiote

Game changed when Marvo came on
    along with Sissoko caused them problems with their running with the ball and movement.

Would find a place in the starting line up i the away leg

Two even teams – piss poor ref and linesman EUFA should check if they have had a backhander and what the hell does the extra officials on the goal line do – beats me

• 153 Rotonda heights // Feb 15, 2013 at 8:24 AM

I do worry what the future holds for Anita now.

Guti will play no matter what it seems and even Perch is preferred to Anita now. This after Anita had put in 3 consecutive m.o.m performances.

Having said that he doesn’t get in this team unfortunately until Saylor breaks down or Colo is away.

Krul

M’Biwa Colo Saylor

Debuchy Cabaye Sissoko Santon

Benny Cisse Goofy

Subs: Anita, Marveaux, Jonas, Campbell, Haidara, Elliot,
    Perch

• 154 Troy Stavers // Feb 15, 2013 at 8:38 AM

@Rotunda

That’s a problem which will occur more often the stronger squad we get.

It’s a good problem and the more players we are concerned about cos they aren’t getting their game, the better it is.

• 155 Rotonda heights // Feb 15, 2013 at 8:41 AM

troy

not really if guti gets his game no matter what

• 156 Markaccus // Feb 15, 2013 at 8:42 AM

Huge dip in form and class from tiote this season. Perch, anita and even possibly bigi are better than him now, not to mention yanga, who did well at right back I thought. Can’t see what tiote brings to the team, doesn’t hold the ball, can’t pass, headless chicken style dribbling. What has happened?

• 157 Rotonda heights // Feb 15, 2013 at 8:45 AM

Joe

I think Anita works just as hard as Guti and is a better passer and doesn’t give the ball away every time. Plus Anita is faster

Also thought we looked better when Marv came on.

• 158 Rotonda heights // Feb 15, 2013 at 8:47 AM

markaccus

I think everyone’s wondering what has happened with Tiote.
    I suspect he’s been tapped up and had his head turned

• 159 Rotonda heights // Feb 15, 2013 at 8:52 AM

Ian

We should have had someone like MYM man-marking Bale. Very negligent and poor management from your hero.

Watch SAF put Jones on Ronaldo. It’s child stuff.

• 160 Markaccus // Feb 15, 2013 at 8:53 AM

@rotonda

That could be it, I suppose. Then again, whoever has tapped him must be having second thoughts! He might be off to jail soon anyway :D

• 161 El Sleeve // Feb 15, 2013 at 8:56 AM

oh this is just so too predictable now

where’s the players were tired excuse? that one usually works?

anita and marv were sitting on the bench? why? this is finally a squad of really good players and this game was made for those two. oh jonas and an out of for tiote had to play of course, silly me. jonas, with his one goal and two assists all season. brilliant.

you wanna know why players are tired pards? coz u keep playing the same ones and they keep underperforming.

also, having a go at the kids over the rough period was criminal and shows pards isnt a good manager at all if he cant manage youngsters. if he had some skills, he would’ve put fergie on to whip the crosses in.

and, most iportantly, we played awful. pards out, fed up of this excuse making baffoon

• 162 TorqToon // Feb 15, 2013 at 9:01 AM

Morning gents!

Not a bad game last night. We played some lovely stuff, however we were let down by Tiote who has been nothing short of shambolic. Ridiculous yellow cards for him and cabs whom I have little sympathy with – both born of frustration and needless.

Imo both goals should’ve counted – 1st was a yard ONSIDE and the second – looking at the lines on the pitch, was level. And benefit of the doubt should always go to the attacking side.

Cisse played very well and should’ve walked off with 2 goals, Sissoko looked a power house with those charging runs from deep, gabby’s pace cause chaos…

…but our final ball is awful!! As is our corners and majority of our free kicks.

BUT….we can get a win out there no probs!

• 163 Troy Stavers // Feb 15, 2013 at 9:13 AM

@ Rotunda

I’m not a Jonas fan but I don’t believe Anita is streets ahead of Jonas to be getting upset about.

• 164 Griff-toon // Feb 15, 2013 at 9:14 AM

Hi chaps!

Good game yesterday. Unlucky not to win it. We did enough to win and had 2 goals wrongly dissalowed.

I thought Jonas had a good game and I cant understand why so many are always on the players backs after every single game.

Metalist where good with the ball at their feet, we needed defencive minded players to close them down effectively so they would make bad passes. I thought we succeded in this and they didnt have to many clear cut chances.

Cisse has a lot of chances and its only a matter of time before they start hitting the net more often. Oh and 2 of those chances actually where good goals. What about thet finish for the second one?? Not bad :)

Tiote is having a bad patch, I believe however that he will get back to his former self. Remember when he was absolutely bossing the midfield and so strong on the ball. Everyone was afraid he would leave.

• 165 Preqwal // Feb 15, 2013 at 10:14 AM

Unbelievable how none of those goals stood. You’d think the linesman couldn’t make the same mistake twice!

Don’t think all this Jonas bashing is justified. He was good against Villa, got a goal against Chelsea and worked his socks off against spurs. It’s unfair to compare him to Marv and Anita, completely different players. When Marv came on for Goofy against Spurs he was anonymous. Marv certainly has technical ability, but he runs hot and cold. At least Jonas works hard. We’ve all known his final ball lacks and I think Pardew has probably made him more defensive this season and last, especially when he was playing in CM. But it’s for the benefit of the team, not the individual and the setup of team we play against.

Anita can’t get a game because of the form of Cabaye, Sissoko and Perch. Pardew likes a tackling DM which Anita is not. he’s more like a Leon Britton and distributes the ball. You going to drop Sissoko or Cabaye for Anita? I think not. Perch has been playing well and deserves his start IMO. And anyway, Tiote is playing like ass atm. Needs his head sorting out as he can’t pass anymore.

• 166 Ian Toon // Feb 15, 2013 at 12:23 PM

Tequila- Having just read your post few beers blog I could not agree with you more. I reviewed some time ago the pre/ during match posts and could not believe that they were from people who could remotely be viewed as NUFC fans. My personal long held view is that for many of the armchair fans posting the high point is to display their entrenched preconceived views at every opportunity to justify their respective loathing. I encounter some anti Pardew criticism on the road and at SJP but most fans are inclined to the view that he has largely played the hand he has been dealt with better times now in prospect. Fans who feel permanently aggrieved over team selection is nothing new, but most recognise that we need a nucleus of quality if we are to challenge next season for a CL place. One area of thinking which is hard to sympathise with is the arrogance that is implied by those who suggest they know more about the players fitness /form in training etc than the manager. This is surely the yardstick for selection along with the horses for courses thinking; depending on opposition and thereby appropriate formation. A good example is Anita who many have been clamouring to include in” their teams”. Someone voicing this line at the game was told by a fan who seemed credible that Anita has been carrying a slight knee injury for a few weeks and is being eased back into contention. Some time ago pre window I checked out other NUFC sites and concluded that this is not representative of the majority that access our fan forums. They seem to have those posters with the same charming, self deprecating ways as an Ibiza type without the regurgitating attention seeking boring Beattie, Catchy types that condemn the site for many to fast forward. I do not exclude those with alternative views providing they make a reasoned case and not just display blind prejudice. Cabaye is my favourite player but I thought he was ordinary last night largely because he played to deep. Pardew got the formation wrong and we really did not need Tiote playing in DM role as well. Ferguson would have rung the change and instilled a faster pace to our play sooner. Pardew is also overly cautious when he should go for the oppositions throat. just to illustrate my recorded view that he is not beyond criticism. That said as I said earlier Yanga was the pick for me and his pace at CD will really improve the defence. Onwards and upwards.

• 167 toonicle // Feb 15, 2013 at 3:14 PM

Definately should be going into the next leg up 2-0. Horrible line judge and his late flags. Other than Guti I thought we played pretty well last night, Tiote really needs to calm down and stop drawing yellow cards though.

previous post: Newcastle Absoutely Gutted After Draw – Steven Taylor