The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!

Newcastle After Polish International Midfielder?

2:38 pm, Tuesday, February 19th, 2013 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 45 Comments

Derek LLambias has said that Newcastle still have targets in France for this summer, and we know Newcastle will be looking to bring a striker to the club as well as an attacking midfielder, and another center-back if Fabricio Coloccini leaves to returns to Argentina.

ludovic  obraniak   _bordeaux_europa_league

Ludovic Obraniak - in Bordeaux colors

Bordeaux’s French born Polish midfielder Ludovic Obraniak has spoken out about Bordeaux losing some of their best players and not replacing them – like Yoan Gouffran as one example, who has made a stellar start to his career on Tyneside in his first three games for the Tyneside club.

It seems that Ludocvic will push for a move this summer, and this is what he told Le Parisian:

“When you lose key players without replacing them with those at the same level, it is difficult to achieve goals.” “It is surprising and puzzling. I think that if you are in the top five and you lose a player then you should look to replace him.”

“My future? It could lead to thoughts. The message is clear that the club want to reduce the wage bill, so we have to make choices.”

Ludovic may be a little too old for Newcastle, having turned 28 last November, but  Newcastle may be able to get a good deal for the Polish international – who was born in Longeville-lès-Metz in France, and played for local club Metz and then Lille before moving to Bordeaux just over a year ago.

The player will have played for four years with Yohan Cabaye and Mathieu Debuchy at Lille, since he was at the club for five years from 2007, and both those former team-mates are now at Newcastle United, so if manager Alan Pardew wants to know what Ludovic is like,  he’ll get plenty of feedback from his current players.

Ludovic played once for the France U21 side and has played 31 times for Poland, but we still think it would be along shot if Newcastle go after this player in the summer, but it wouldn’t surprise us if he would like to join Newcastle.

He played 195 times for Lille with 23 goals, and he has 22 appearances for Bordeaux with 6 goals so far.

What do you think?

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 us on Google+:

You can also reach Ed at admin@nufcblog.com

=============================================

Tags: Newcastle News · Transfer News and Rumours · Transfer Target

45 responses so far ↓

• 1 WWYCD // Feb 19, 2013 at 2:53 PM

Not likely is it only 1 Polish lad I’d want and I think his price tag would give our portly owner a heart attack

• 2 roshan MAGPIE // Feb 19, 2013 at 2:55 PM

don’t think he will come

• 3 Toon-Prodigy // Feb 19, 2013 at 3:10 PM

The age gives the whole thing away to be honest.

Im sure we could get him though if we wanted.

Striker and Centre Back in the summer for me.

• 4 check the toastie // Feb 19, 2013 at 3:40 PM

Team for Thursday for me.

……………….Krul………………
    Mbiwa…Saylor…Collo…Santon…
    ………………..Anita………………….
    …Marv..Sissoko..Cabs…Jonas….
    …………………Cisse………………..

Team for Sunday
    ………………Krul………………………
    Debuchy.Saylor…Mbiwa..Santon..
    ………….Anita….Cabaye………….
    ….Sissoko…Ben10…Goofy……
    ………………..Cisse…………………

Dont want to see Ben10 tracking back helping full backs anymore, want him further up the pitch, putting balls through to Cisse, Goofy, Sissoko, Santon, Debuchy, Cabaye etc, or smashing in 25 yarders terrorising defenders with space to play in. What a team, would match any in the league for me.

He wears number 10 let him play like one, the Toons Maradona.

• 5 toonicle // Feb 19, 2013 at 3:44 PM

Check- Only thing i’d change in your Thursday lineup would be letting Hiadara get his start and give Santon a bit of a rest.

• 6 Big Pappa Cissé // Feb 19, 2013 at 4:03 PM

@ WWYCD

Really, you would only have Lewandowski ? . What about Pizcheck or Blasakowvski (pardon my spelling) :)

• 7 check the toastie // Feb 19, 2013 at 4:14 PM

Toonicle, would love to see Haidara start, however big game for me and the lad is young and new, wouldnt mind him coming off the bench and Santon pushing forward and taking Jonas’s place mind.

Its nice to have options, guarenteed Anita wont be starting though, wonder if he’s put his transfer request in yet. Tiote has been awful lately, should be benched for sure.

• 8 Toon-Prodigy // Feb 19, 2013 at 4:26 PM

Cisse

• 9 tequilamag // Feb 19, 2013 at 4:30 PM

Krol
    Simmo Willo Perch Haidara
    Obertan Tiote Bigi Jonas
    Ameobi Ameobi.
    Just to drive Check into a frenzy.

• 10 check the toastie // Feb 19, 2013 at 4:36 PM

Toon Prodigy, Tequila – are you both out of your f##king mind putting Simpson in the team, for f#cks sake man get a grip. I take it you both want us knocked out of the EL. Fair enough, i mean we win trophies all the time. pfffffffffft clueless.

• 11 Toon-Prodigy // Feb 19, 2013 at 4:36 PM

Actually, Gouffran is cup tied isn’t he? My starting 11 is flawed. Jonas would have to go over to the left and I’d play Obertan down the right.

And if Simpson isn’t available obviously it will be mbwia again.

• 12 check the toastie // Feb 19, 2013 at 4:37 PM

Is that good enough Tequila, happy now, see what you did………grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr……….

• 13 tequilamag // Feb 19, 2013 at 4:37 PM

Check, you bite so easy mate. Do you really think that is the team I would pick?

• 14 Toon-Prodigy // Feb 19, 2013 at 4:38 PM

Check,

Simpson could handle that right side against that team I feel. I don’t think he is available anyway though. It would be Mbwia.

• 15 check the toastie // Feb 19, 2013 at 4:43 PM

Tequila – never bite me, just come on here for some fun, thats what lifes all about. However dont pick Simpson again, or Shola for that matter.

One thing above anything that annoys me is total lack of application, Simpson is paid handsomely to make himself the best footballer he can be, what does he prefer to do, get pissed and be unprofessional, no excuse for that. Shola is just grossly overweight and should be binned as that shows a distinct lack of interest in my eyes.

As somebody who trains like a maniac to do amateur sports and can apply themselves for jack shit, it just doesnt sit with me well.

Noel Hunt last night for Reading takes his top off and is carrying so much timber its shocking, should be docked wages. Pre-requesite for any Pro footballer is to be as fit as you can be. Cant carry passengers in the PL.

• 16 Tsunki // Feb 19, 2013 at 4:43 PM

Sorry would have posted earlier but only just stopped laughing at the mention of ‘football intelligentsia’ being somehow associated with posts on this blog.

Wasn’t it Sartre who once said ‘mes saucissons est tout plein de cheval?’ Or perhaps it was Proust in his ‘ J’ai chercher pour mon hovercraft’?

Football. Intelligentsia. Oh man. :D

• 17 Toon-Prodigy // Feb 19, 2013 at 4:46 PM

Everytime I post a team out from the iphone it dosn’t go where I want it to on the page. I had it perfect there and it took me 15 mins! Frustrating.

I’v got marveux playing in the hole behind cisse infront of jonas sissoko and now obertan with anita playing defensive mid. A good balance of technical ability pace and power

• 18 tequilamag // Feb 19, 2013 at 4:49 PM

Check not going to be that ever picks the team though I think you can relax about Simmo, can`t see him getting any starts unless we have another really bad run of injuries. Shola is also unlikely to get a start but is still worth a place on the subs bench. Nice to see you found a spot for Jonas in your thursday team but again I cant see him getting too many starts if Goofy and HBS are fit, I can see your logic in playing HBA in the middle but feel Pardew will persevere with Sissoko in that position.

• 19 Toon-Prodigy // Feb 19, 2013 at 4:51 PM

Intelligentsia, now there is a charming word.

Why is it being bandied about on here though..

• 20 Tsunki // Feb 19, 2013 at 4:53 PM

Ian toon used it previous thread.

• 21 tequilamag // Feb 19, 2013 at 4:54 PM

Tsunki Karl Marx was a footballing philosopher. he could only play on the left wing though.

• 22 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Feb 19, 2013 at 4:55 PM

Good afternoon bloggers,

How’s the lay of the land and no, I’m not talking about Rebecca?

• 23 tequilamag // Feb 19, 2013 at 4:57 PM

Speaking of football intelligentsia here comes Ibiza.

• 24 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Feb 19, 2013 at 4:58 PM

Reads like something I would say….Reads like something I wish I said….I’m regretting coming on here already :)

• 25 JAMSHA // Feb 19, 2013 at 4:59 PM

il start simo

• 26 Toon-Prodigy // Feb 19, 2013 at 5:03 PM

I’ll have to say hello and goodbye Ibiza as it’s tea-time for me.

Catch yas later folks.

• 27 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Feb 19, 2013 at 5:04 PM

So what’s new? Anything?

Saw Pardew was back in discussion over the weekend and had a look back at this very blog at the time of reports of Pardew becoming our manager and then ultimately taking the reigns and then the Liverpool game. Wasn’t sure whether to laugh or cry, but I will say that Rotonda is a man who knows his opinion and I do mean that as a compliment….fair play.

• 28 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Feb 19, 2013 at 5:05 PM

Prodigy…Take it easy mate, it’s been emotional ;)

• 29 Super Magpie // Feb 19, 2013 at 5:05 PM

The team will be unchanged on Thursday with Anita or Perch coming in for Cabaye. We should rest him for Southampton as its the more important game. If we worry about our squad being tired then we really don’t have a big enough squad still.

I would love us to win the EL but it won’t bother me too much if we go out on Thursday. The fact that we will probably play Anzhi if we go through is disappointing. To play 2 teams from Eastern Europe in consecutive rounds is pretty depressing.

• 30 tequilamag // Feb 19, 2013 at 5:10 PM

biza, Pardew was being discussed? Nothing contentious then. Rarely have I seen such a figure that unites the Newcastle support.

• 31 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Feb 19, 2013 at 5:15 PM

Tequila…It’s nice to have something that all fans agree on…so I’ve heard…once upon a time…when there was only one fan.

So no new news? Saw Benny is back which is great stuff. Apart from that all quiet?

• 32 Pushy Pardew // Feb 19, 2013 at 5:16 PM

Tsunki
    Why aye . I had a reet hearty chuckle! He must have been thinking of Catchy and JFK posting. Everyone loves a joker.
    Ibiza
    Smacks of your sarcasm. Take a day off and look what happens.

• 33 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Feb 19, 2013 at 5:20 PM

Pushy….I think I actually managed a long weekend off…..and no horrific withdrawal symptoms…well, no new ones anyway.

• 34 Pushy Pardew // Feb 19, 2013 at 5:23 PM

Ibiza
    Life off here is no life at all. Trying to remember who said that.

• 35 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Feb 19, 2013 at 5:26 PM

Pushy….It has been a life full of work when I have been off the blog, so I won’t take much convincing. As to who said that…must have been a madman, so likely someone from the blog.

• 36 Pushy Pardew // Feb 19, 2013 at 5:26 PM

Oh that’s right it was you. Everyone needs a break mate but surprised there was no civil war.

• 37 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Feb 19, 2013 at 5:29 PM

Damn auto correct…as if I meant madman :)

Seems the blog is fine without me and my fence sitting policing….phew…now I can sleep at night!

• 38 tequilamag // Feb 19, 2013 at 5:38 PM

Now for something completely different… the real football intelligentsia.

• 39 IITianToon // Feb 19, 2013 at 5:39 PM

So who thinks Arsenal Bayern is gonna be a free flowing attacking game tonight.. its at 12am here so better be worth it!

• 40 Pushy Pardew // Feb 19, 2013 at 5:40 PM

I am splitting. Could see from reading last night that a number of bloggers are flexing their fingers for a barrage after Sunday. Poll was fairly positive. Let’s hope we get a win double would be a real boost for rest of season.

• 41 Pushy Pardew // Feb 19, 2013 at 5:43 PM

Tequilamag
    Just brilliant.

• 42 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Feb 19, 2013 at 5:44 PM

Tequila…Good find good sir.

IITian…It should be…

Pushy…Enjoy your split. Catch up with you some other time.

• 43 tequilamag // Feb 19, 2013 at 5:46 PM

Pushy, classic Python sketch glad you enjoyed it.

• 44 DevonToon // Feb 19, 2013 at 6:09 PM

Cant believe some posters on here like! Some one wants rid of all our home grown players… How dumb are you! People slating simo etc! Did they get us 5th last year? Mental! Willo for eg is a top squad player the kind any top team needs! Who has real top notch 4th choice defenders? No one! But willo does his job ( usually ) simo is also one of the most solid FULLbacks around, poor going forward like, hence the up grade to debs, but im sorry we could get him on a new deal. As for thursday gotta play our best team, maybe give santon a rest

• 45 toonicle // Feb 19, 2013 at 6:13 PM

Check- It’s not like Hiadara is completly untested though, he had plenty of first team action in the French league and could translate that to Euro league without too much trouble I think. Besides we’d have Guti and Anita on the pitch to help him out if need be. I’d prefer that and see Santon finally get a rest in.

previous post: Newcastle Could Surprise Us In The Ukraine