Debuchy – I’ve Been Very Warmly Welcomed From Day One

Mathieu Debuchy will be our Man of the Match with 33% of the vote  in  the fantastic 4-2 win over an impressive Southampton side this afternoon at St. James’ Park,  and Moussa Sissoko is on 23%, Cheick Tiote on 15% and Yohan Cabaye on 9%

mathieu debuchy chelsea

Mathieu Debuchy – great game today for Newcastle

And it’s fitting that it was French Day today and three of the top four players for Newcastle today were French – and it was also a good team performance from our lads.

Moussa Sissoko and Yohan Cabaye both scored and Yoan Gouffran and Debuchy each got an assist,  and Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa replaced Colo at half time.

Mapou looked cool and collected at the back for Newcastle in the second half, and this lad has to start somewhere along the back four – surely.

Mathieu Debuchy was delighted with the win and that Newcastle have moved up to 14th place in the league table,  and we are now only 3 points behind 10th placed Stoke on 33 points:

“It was good for us.” “It was a good initiative taken by the club to do that and we came away with a victory at the end of the day, which was fantastic.” “To be honest, we didn’t just need that – we just needed the thought of moving up the league to get the motivation – but it was a nice thing.”

“It is something which has really touched me, the warm welcome I’ve received from everyone – the team, the staff and all of the people involved here at Newcastle.” “I’ve been very warmly welcomed from day one, and of course from the fans with a fantastic atmosphere in the stadium for all the French players.”

“It was a 100 per cent French-made goal, but it was well played by the whole team and it was important for us to get back into the match.” “It wasn’t the best start, to concede at the beginning of the game, but we managed to get back into it very quickly.”

“We had a great game and everyone played together. We were united and we went and won the game.” “It was a very important win today. Obviously Southampton were right there next to us so it was important to get ahead of them.”

“And of course it takes us above Sunderland too. I was told about the rivalry and I know how important it was. It was a good thing for us to get the job done but also to move up the league today.”

“I know Yohan, I know how he takes a penalty. People can have some doubts but I was confident he was going to score.” “It’s obviously something you need to get into, but now I feel very comfortable in the team.”

“I feel very happy and I hope that will continue. I hope the team’s and my own performances will continue and we can climb further up the Premier League.”

Newcastle still have a lot to play for this season, and if we can keep winning our Premier League games and advance in the Europa League, we could still do very well from what was a terrible position on 19th January when we lost to Reading 2-1 – that was the low point of the season

That was a short five weeks ago – and a lot has happened in the last five weeks – including Newcastle getting four wins and a draw in our six games since then – which included our first two away wins of the season.

Things are looking much brighter now at Newcastle United.

Howay The Lads!!

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 us on Google+:

You can also reach Ed at admin@nufcblog.com

=============================================

• Big Pappa Cissé

Feb 24, 2013 at 7:03 PM

Looked every bit the French international at right back today. Dreamboat #2 is born 🙂

• Spreadthetoon

Feb 24, 2013 at 7:06 PM

WWYCD
    LOL not sure if AP has ever seen a 3rd season?!!

• WWYCD

Feb 24, 2013 at 7:10 PM

Spread
    Haha well aint that a thing hmmm. I really don’t recall anyone mentioning his 3rd season records….maybe every other year he is just top draw?

• Spreadthetoon

Feb 24, 2013 at 7:12 PM

wwycd
    Time will tell…………….things can only get better! HWTL lets start movin’ up this league!

• santonthenewmaldini

Feb 24, 2013 at 7:12 PM

From previous thread Pardew usually does not make it to his 3rd season he is usually sacked by then ….

But in saying this he has been backed by our chairman and owner by signing these players in and we have seen an improvement already

Its also the 1st time that Pardew has been able to buy top quality international players in his career some of the players we have bought have been amazing Carr scouting them and Pardew convincing them to come and play is a great double act

The commentator mentioned about our squad in that we have lots of attack minded young hungry players and that there will be exciting times ahead for us I agree if everyone can stay fit and we buy another couple of players to give us more strength up front and on the wings we will be challenging for top 6 next season

Its frightening to think how good we will be with Arfa in the team because teams tactics used to be put 2 guys on Arfa and Cabaye and you sort of stop the supply but now with the way we are playing Arfa will get a lot more space to have shots at goal and make chances

Also we went above Sunderland today ha ha !!

• Rotonda heights

Feb 24, 2013 at 7:16 PM

I think by the law of averages Tiote had to have a good game soon and very glad he did. Today was much more like we know he can be and the player Chelsea and United were after previously..

I must admit at 3-2 and putting Perch on, I thought Pardew maybe was doing his usual, trying to protect a 1 goal lead for more than 15 mins and that we might get caught again, but thank god that Fox was having a mare and couldn’t do a thing right when he came on. Shocking he couldn’t clear with his right foot.

I must admit I think Haidara looks a better LB defensively than Santon who does go walkabout a lot.
    Again with new players we now have so many options like playing Santon further forward with Haidara behind him.

Amazing when you look at the bench and see Anita, MYM, Marveaux, Haidara, Obertan etc.

Until Benny is back I was quite tempted to see the pace of Obi and Goofy either side of Cisse for a 20 min spell at the end of matches to really stretch tired defenders.

• jimiley

Feb 24, 2013 at 7:19 PM

Messi declines move to Toon as Jonas keeps him out of starting 11.

• hotdog

Feb 24, 2013 at 7:20 PM

On Santon – If you watch the southamptons goal when Santon gets caught upfield the winger has half the pitch to run into, that cant be right. Either a centre midfielder needs to get across or the centre back and the right back tuck in?

• Spreadthetoon

Feb 24, 2013 at 7:23 PM

how bout’ this………..for Europa

———————-Krul————————–
    Santon—-Saylor————Mapou——-Haidara
    ——————–Sissoko—Anita—————
    ———————-Marveaux———————
    HBA——————Cisse————-Gouffran

• WWYCD

Feb 24, 2013 at 7:23 PM

Spread/santon
    Well I guess we will see next season eh boys 🙂 and am quite happy about that in all honesty

Do hope he is backed again in the summer though

• Big Pappa Cissé

Feb 24, 2013 at 7:25 PM

Maybe third season Pards takes a player manager role and is top scorer with beating Messi’s record 🙂

• Tsunki

Feb 24, 2013 at 7:26 PM

Good game if you came in half way through the first half! I agree with BPC I know what he is getting at – there are teams who have punished us already and will continue to do so while davide takes his time mastering the LB track back. And he cant take 7 years to learn from debuchy either or he will cost us more goals. OK he slid an indefensible ball in for them to bundle in for us, but that only cancels out his mistake for the 2nd goal they scored, and there have been may games where he hasnt made up for it, as he really doesnt deliver many assists. And for those who think he can be converted to a winger thats fine, but he needs to get some productive crosses in first. I would go so far as to say that from the one game I have seen Hairdryer, he might cost us less per game if he started. Pains me to say as I really like santon but he is currently only an elevated skill form of simmo at present for me. BUT I think with the team shaping up as it has been and with more playmakers in midfield asserting themselves, he will master his art and be a fantastic LB to go with our Debs our top LB.

Rant over, nervy start from Fat Rob but he rose to it and shook it off to put in a solid game, well done. Saylor has been maligned a bit – got caught ut a couple of times but I dont recall him being beaten in the air. Colo did ok, but his forward passing was dodgy, liked his overhead kick but I think he nobbled himself doing it, is that right? Mbiwa came on, go caught once but after that took the life out of their forwards on several occasions where he turned his man with embarrassing ease, good to watch. Cabs ran the show in midfield, passes flying in all over the pace, actually crosses werent bad, we just seem to be having a hoodoo about this scoring from set-pieces. Cisse, crying for the early ball all day, I think his goal shows he really does still have it after all.

Tiote – back to his best, a fearsome sight all over the place, he was like the Destroyer off Thor ha ha. Every time he went in for a trademark challenge, there were shouts of ‘SMASSSHHH!!’ behind me so funny. Guess we can get back to jokes about him cutting cars in half with his wee etc. 🙂

Gouffran – a terror all over the place they were scrambling back on all fours when he was coming forward, a little gem. His best games are to come with HBA on the park with him. Good subs too, right choices, right time.

Finally, Sissoko. Premier League – you have been warned. That is all.

• rwpoynter

Feb 24, 2013 at 7:26 PM

There seems to be a very ‘feel good’ factor around at the moment. One thing for certain is that the confidence is back, which is always 50% of what it is about.It has been a good week and nice to hear such positive vibes from the new guys. It would appear Demba Ba has only scored one goal for Chelsea in over 40 days since joining them. Demba doesn’t owe us anything, we got him for free (apart from his outrageous agents fees), scored 29 goals for us in 54 games and we collected 7 million for him when he left, but I have thought since then that it was only a matter of time before Cisse came good as he did today. They simply did not play well together and so Demba Ba’s departure I shall not regret. It is time to move on and things are starting to look good. One thing , why did Alan Pardew take Colo off just before half time?

• Rotonda heights

Feb 24, 2013 at 7:26 PM

Santon the new

Not quite true he. He previously had Tevez and Mascherano 2 really renowned world class players, but I take the point.

Maybe with the French collective this is Pardew’s time.

Don’t know if I will ever trust him 100% to cut out some of his more dubious decisions but my main beef with Pardew was the negative hoof ball for the first 20+ matches of the season.

The football is now far, far better to watch and I can’t remember the last time we scored 4 or came from behind to win. Vive la revolution and maybe Pardew’s evolution.

• Spreadthetoon

Feb 24, 2013 at 7:27 PM

wwycd
    We need…..1 winger, 2 strikers, 1 CAM and 1 RB. If Colo goes we need another CB. So another 5-6 plyrs, so in this window we could become complete.

• WWYCD

Feb 24, 2013 at 7:28 PM

BPC
    Cisse and Pardew up top? Could try it in a cup I suppose

Must say fair play to Swans for winning the league cup they deserved it…but it taints my mood they beat us to a cup

• Rotonda heights

Feb 24, 2013 at 7:28 PM

rwp

he was injured (back)

• magpie6699

Feb 24, 2013 at 7:29 PM

Great result against a difficult team – passing well and pressing high up the pitch. Just their defence wasn’t quite up to the same standard. Glad Papiss got an amazing goal – hopefully it will boost his confidence. Actually for all his “bad run” I think he still has about 8 goals this season? Also very pleased to see Tiote coming back into something like the form we know he can show – he’s been playing like a rabbit in the headlights at times – hope it boosts his confidence. Debuchy was a powerhouse, Moussa likewise and for the Jonas-haters, have a look at how he snuffed out some very dangerous Southampton attacks in and around the penalty area. I hope Cabs is OK – he came across to speak to Pards about 15 minutes before he was subbed and was looking very leggy – hope it was just tiredness and not injury. Thought Perchinho was very solid and safe and Elliott looked sound.
    Hard game next week, Swansea will be on a high – but we should have Benny on the bench at least. And we scored 4 goals!

• WWYCD

Feb 24, 2013 at 7:31 PM

Spread
    Ideal world I’d take that every day of the week but realistically 1-2 first team players and a bunch of quality kids (Bigi style) in the summer and we are laughing

• hotdog

Feb 24, 2013 at 7:34 PM

Boro Pompey and now Swansea. We must take this cup seriously next year and get this monkey off our backs.

• Spreadthetoon

Feb 24, 2013 at 7:35 PM

WWYCD
    Agreed, but a couple of players will leave this summer, hopefully no one of note. MUST keep HBA and CABAYE at ALL COSTS!!

• magpie6699

Feb 24, 2013 at 7:36 PM

Forgot to mention Goofy – nice to have an outlet with genuine pace AND skill!
    Tsunki – your rant about Santon makes me think about the people who suggest we play him as a winger. Not necvessarily a bad idea – but I wonder whether his impact would be greater as a RIGHT winger – on the left he constantly cuts inside to his good peg rather than getting to the bye-line and crossing – well, except for the own goal! Not that I would want him as a right winger because he would just get into Debuchy’s space.

• Big Pappa Cissé

Feb 24, 2013 at 7:36 PM

Remember what happened when Cisse hit a worldy around this time against Villa last year 🙂 lets hope history repeats itself 😉

• sirtoongospel

Feb 24, 2013 at 7:37 PM

34sirtoongospel // Feb 24, 2013 at 9:08 AM

I think we will need to score a few to subdue Southampton today. They regularly find the net an have played a very attacking game under their new gaffer. Having said that, it could play into our hands as Sissoko loves having space to run into.

I am gonna have a flutter on something daft like 4-2. Would take 3 points any way we can get them though. Win today and that table will look very nice indeed.

————————————————————————

Ha ha ha!! 25/1! It’s been a great day!!

• hotdog

Feb 24, 2013 at 7:37 PM

Magpie – pards said cabaye was complaining of dizziness !

• WWYCD

Feb 24, 2013 at 7:39 PM

Spread
    Aye true but mainly back up players barring Simmo hopefully and if (big big if) a big player goes it’ll be for a load of money which will allow Carr to show us all his quality again

• Spreadthetoon

Feb 24, 2013 at 7:40 PM

sirtoon
    how much you lay @ 25/1 eh? good bet in hindsight

• Tsunki

Feb 24, 2013 at 7:42 PM

Oh and I dunno if its been mentioned, but maybe Elliot should be made to throw more rather than kicking – when he hoofs the ball it goes either right up and short or low and long, and when he kicks the ball it sounds like he has hit it with a very large fish.

But when he throws the ball out – that throw down the wing was ludicrous I must admit I giggled a bit then :).

• Ewokshatemackems

Feb 24, 2013 at 7:42 PM

Anyone realised that we could leap frog the hammers tomorrow if they lose by 2.

• hotdog

Feb 24, 2013 at 7:42 PM

Well done sirtoon – I had sissoko first goal arghhh 🙁

• Spreadthetoon

Feb 24, 2013 at 7:44 PM

wwycd
    there are 23 players on the banner above of which 5 players I think need replacing…….wonder if you can get to the same 5 players?….

• Tsunki

Feb 24, 2013 at 7:45 PM

sirtoon – well done sir! Me and another blogger had us down as 4-0 of course a bit of bravado, but with a bit of concentration we would have had it.

• Spreadthetoon

Feb 24, 2013 at 7:46 PM

ewok
    already got that covered, now looking above us rather than below us in the league….always a good sign 🙂

• Tinman

Feb 24, 2013 at 7:46 PM

Ameobi, Ameobi, Williamson, Simpson, Obertan

• hotdog

Feb 24, 2013 at 7:47 PM

Swansea stoke then Wigan. If we can get six points out of those we will be in a good position to help the mackems down into the bottom three 😉

• robin

Feb 24, 2013 at 7:47 PM

It was a good performance despite Pardews, tactics what does Jonas, have to do to get dropped? What dozy Pardew thinks he brings to the team apart from no pace,passing, crossing,tackling all missing from his game. The team was transformed when the other liability Colocini, limped off hopefully he will be dropped as Mbwia, is a far superior player, not that the numpty Pardew would know this oaf has to go in the Summer and a proper manager brought in to push the team onwards.

• Spreadthetoon

Feb 24, 2013 at 7:48 PM

Nearly there Tinman…one out for me. 4/5 grade “B-” could do better! haha lol

• sirtoongospel

Feb 24, 2013 at 7:48 PM

Just a daft tenner but can’t grumble!! Delighted with the win and performance. Proud if the boys this week

• hotdog

Feb 24, 2013 at 7:49 PM

Tinman- u don’t rate ameobi then!

• yo-yo

Feb 24, 2013 at 7:49 PM

Am I right that Catchy was on here until we went ahead then disappeared ?
    He’s lookin more like a troll every match