The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!

Cisse – We’ve Made Fantastic Signings – We Have A Great Setup

10:59 am, Tuesday, February 26th, 2013 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 111 Comments

Papiss Cisse and Demba Ba for whatever reason, never really combined well when both of them were at Newcastle,  but with Ba now gone off to Chelsea,  and Alan Pardew and the Board having brought in Moussa Sissoko and Yoan Gouffran, amongst others month – Cisse now has players who can work with him up front – and Newcastle have some great attacking options and Cisse is scoring great goals again – as witnessed by his fantastic strike on Sunday afternoon.

papiss cisse scores southamtpon

Papiss Cisse after scoring phenomenal goal on Sunday

Papiss admits he has had a tough season, but he has told the Evening Chronicle today that it was Alan Pardew’s belief in him that had made it easier,  and Alan is making Cisse into a better striker, because his hold-up play is a lot better than it was when he joined us from SC Freiburg just over a year ago.

This is what Papiss told the Evening Chronicle today:

“We have a new set up here now.” “Demba Ba was very important and scored a lot of goals – we can’t forget that.” “But the manager has made some fantastic signings here.” “And now we are ready to turn the page.”

“We have a great set-up and we just want to continue to play well.” “There is more responsibility for me, but no pressure. I just keep trying hard.” “If the team gets points that’s my mentality.” “If I don’t score, others will, then it will be OK.”

“I don’t have any firm objectives at all to be honest.” “Personally I feel good.” “Perhaps I am not in a position to be top scorer this season, but my personal objectives are to get as many points as possible for the team, and to climb up the Premier League.”

“If I score more than maybe the team can get a top 10 finish.” “This season has been very difficult for me. I don’t know why.” “But I have tried hard all the time. The manager has confidence in me.”

I have played a lot, all of the time I always so I will pay back the manager in his confidence. It’s good for me.”

Cisse now had 6 league goals and 8 goals in all – and maybe he can go on a scoring spree as he did at this time last year when he first joined the club, and that would certainly help Newcastle climb the league table – and we’re already up to 13th position,  after gaining a place last night after West Ham lost 3-2 at home to Tottenham, and we are still only 3 points out of 10th place.

Maybe we can finish in the top 10 again – and certainly higher than our 12th place finish of two years ago.

Howay The Lads!!

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 us on Google+:

You can also reach Ed at admin@nufcblog.com

=============================================

Tags: Coaching · Newcastle News · Papiss Cisse · Transfer News and Rumours

111 responses so far ↓

• 1 Transfer Sage // Feb 26, 2013 at 11:02 AM

who’s this Demba Ba? Oh yeh, the guy warming the bench behind a totally out of form Torres at a shambles of a club.

• 2 G // Feb 26, 2013 at 11:06 AM

@post 1, harsh, yet fair.

• 3 Jail for Ashley // Feb 26, 2013 at 11:07 AM

Having itching powder replaced with his athletes foot stuff is too good for Ashley .

• 4 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Feb 26, 2013 at 11:09 AM

Got to love Cisses manner. Seems a real humble guy. Don’t worry about the easy goals Papiss, just keep those wonder goals coming and all will be good. One a game should do the trick nicely.

• 5 Transfer Sage // Feb 26, 2013 at 11:18 AM

G

Just joking….Ba did a lot for us when he was here, got plenty of crucial goals.

The sad thing for him is he isn’t a big enough name to make it at chelsea….they’d rather torres as it’s all about names and looking flash….Ba doesn’t bring that for them.

He will have to content with cavanni/facao/etc next year too and won’t get a look in.

• 6 Carryingcoals // Feb 26, 2013 at 11:21 AM

Cisse’s post match interview from sunday was brilliant. He’s genuinely just so enthusiastic and down to Earth. I’m a big fan.

• 7 G // Feb 26, 2013 at 11:23 AM

@5, I know, depressing isn’t it. He’s going to be wasted there. He was a cracking player for us, and I hope he gets enough football as he’s far too good to just sit on a bench. Perhaps the next bloke in charge after Rafa will realise that theyr’e flogging a dead horse with Torres and give him the starting birth? Then again, it’s likely that the 2 strikers you mention above will arrive, or at least one of them will.

• 8 saxonfenken // Feb 26, 2013 at 11:28 AM

I just wonder if Demba is thinking he should never have left, a colo boot and warming a bench. It seemed to me against Man City that the flash players did not want to give the ball to him, only a 7M player, not an elite there.
    As for Pappiss he is better off without him, the goals will come for him again mark my words, now that he is getting some service

• 9 jockonthetoon // Feb 26, 2013 at 11:36 AM

Agree with post four. In fact it’s refreshing to see the humility across the whole team and a welcome break from the rampant egos of the past both from players and managers alike.

Whilst I think it’s important for cisse to identify what’s not working in order to fix it, I’m glad the lad is seemingly not too hung up on it – constantly fretting won’t bring back that ‘law of physics defying’ boot we’ve all seen he’s capable of producing.

We know his potential, lets hope he achieves it again.

• 10 WWYCD // Feb 26, 2013 at 11:50 AM

Standard slating of Ba eh, very good player and did very well for us.

On Cisse he seems a lovely bloke and a real team player (yet to see what he’s like if he’s dropped yet though). Hopefully this isn’t another false dawn on his goal scoring this season

• 11 Transfer Sage // Feb 26, 2013 at 11:53 AM

Saxon

I’m sure it’s something like that. Chelsea players seem to like torres as he is a bit more creative than Ba and has that spanish style mata, hazard and oscar fit into.

Ba works hard and scores goals but he isn’t flashy and pricey enough for all the plastic supporters chelsea inherited over the past 5-10 years. Their real fans will like him and his goals but the hangers-on don’t see him as a marque signing like torres, shevchenko, etc.

• 12 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Feb 26, 2013 at 11:53 AM

Yo…Who would slate ‘stard? I don’t think anyone has forgotten what he did at the club, but life goes on and ex players are always open to jokes along the way.

• 13 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Feb 26, 2013 at 11:55 AM

TS…To be fair though, not many of the toon fans thought of him as a marque signing when we got him on a free, but it’s exactly what he ended up being.

• 14 G // Feb 26, 2013 at 11:56 AM

What’s the consensus on the slides at St James then? As it’s quiet. Did everybody else think April fool had come early when they anounced it?

• 15 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Feb 26, 2013 at 11:58 AM

G….Have just been reading up on it a little. Seems an odd one tbh, a gimmick that could go completely t*ts up.

I wonder how many times you could repeat Sports Direct signs down one of them though…

• 16 Jamiemac // Feb 26, 2013 at 12:00 PM

We buy Torres?

• 17 Transfer Sage // Feb 26, 2013 at 12:04 PM

Ibiza

Oh yeh I know, I never considered him a big signing purely because of his fee but he was very good for us.

I think at west ham and then us he showed he was a good prem league goal scorer and therefore should be seen as a good signing…which I think some chelsea fans will see but at the end of the day he isn’t a world name like Falcao etc which is what they want.

• 18 G // Feb 26, 2013 at 12:07 PM

@14, one of the lads in the pub last night mentioned it, and we thought he was telling stories, yet it’s all over the Chronicle and Mackem Echo today, so apparently it’s real. Barking mad idea imo.

• 19 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Feb 26, 2013 at 12:07 PM

TS…Chelsea fans are hardly ever happy with anything. Spoiled brats the lot of them :)

Read an article the other day where Cahill was blaming their excessive fixture list for their shortcomings. Now I know it’s an excuse that’s been used by us this season, but has he taken a look at their squad?

• 20 ballerfan2 // Feb 26, 2013 at 12:07 PM

Just been reading a previous thread re Keegan’s value to this club, and have to say that I agree totally with Troy, practically on everything. Would we have preferred, as fans, for the Keegan era never to have happened – NO, of course not. Having watched the Toon for over 50 years this period was probably the most exciting time in my memory, including the Fairs Cup triumph. And it was all down to Keegan (I always hated that Messiah tag). Dalglish and Souness spent an awful lot of money and had absolutely nothing to show for it. Keegan at least gave the club back it’s pride.
    On the Cabaye/Ben Arfa rumours – we all have to take a deep breath and put some faith in Ashley. He must know he is on the verge of having a truly exciting team and having come this far will be reluctant to lose its most potent and vital cogs. He at worst will not sell unless megabucks are offered and we have seen what that can achieve, if it is necessary. Go back 12 months and all these stories were circulating then too but all they players we wanted to keep are still in Toon. I don’t think anything has changed – in fact with all the other French imports, we are probably in an even stronger position. Bottom line – Ashley will not be bullied by anyone. We should know that by now.

• 21 Transfer Sage // Feb 26, 2013 at 12:10 PM

Ibiza

I never get players.

They want champs league football then they get it and complain there are too many games….i’m sure its a problem most clubs would love to have.

• 22 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Feb 26, 2013 at 12:11 PM

G…The practicalities of it stump me. As a novelty idea it gets some head space, but surely it’s just a recipe for disaster. No disrespect meant, but can you imagine sliding down something that 50,000+ other people have just slid down….we are still talking about Rebecca aren’t we?

• 23 Transfer Sage // Feb 26, 2013 at 12:15 PM

Ibiza

You will just have masses of people queuing for the slide so the idea they have it will solve crowding and speed things up is a bit flawed haha.

• 24 Mister Tuff // Feb 26, 2013 at 12:16 PM

The slides at SJP are the brainchild of Percy and Owlhead. They are hoping to get the slides installed as soon as possible. Sammy Ameobi is not keen on going to Boro so if he was to refuse to go, Percy, Owlhead and Carver propose to jump on Sammy, restrain him and carry him to the top of the slide and hoy him in. Waiting at the bottom of the slide is a taxi from Middlesborough with a back door open -Sammy is propelled straight into the back seat and off speeds the taxi to Boro.
    A similar plan exists for Ranger if he refuses to go anywhere- he’ll be thrown into the slide as well but the means of transport at the bottom is a Newcastle City Bin Wagon -whoosh -and Ranger is away to the local tip.
    So at SJP now the regime is – cause bother/don’t perform and you’re heading for the chute.

• 25 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Feb 26, 2013 at 12:16 PM

TS…I have no doubt balancing your team for multiple competitions has a knock on effect, but for a club like Chelsea with the money they’ve spent and the players they have at their disposal it’s crazy.

If you want to be a top club and spend like a top club then just get on with it.

• 26 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Feb 26, 2013 at 12:20 PM

TS…I don’t know why they just don’t make all of the seats ejections seats and just blast fans off in to the sunset, there may be a couple of minor flaws in that plan but I’m sure it can be worked on :)

• 27 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Feb 26, 2013 at 12:21 PM

ejection seats*

• 28 Transfer Sage // Feb 26, 2013 at 12:22 PM

Ibiza

I’d like ejector seats for the bench….if you are needed your fired into the air and parachuted onto the pitch.

And yeh it’s difficult balancing the squad for europe but it’s not too hard for players like ronaldo and messi who play 99% of all games.

• 29 G // Feb 26, 2013 at 12:23 PM

@post 25/26. That could have turned out far worse than the previous thread!

• 30 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Feb 26, 2013 at 12:28 PM

TS…I can imagine a player being called for the bench due to an injury and then getting injured upon landing on the pitch. Seems like a possible vicious circle…how to use all 3 subs at the same time :)

G….It certainly could have, luckily I got my j’s and r’s right, mind, I did hear that after the can-can girls on Sunday they were thinking of renaming the front row of seats the erection seats – hopefully no need for a “wet seating section” sign though.

• 31 G // Feb 26, 2013 at 12:29 PM

@29, ha ha ha, you owe me a fresh cup of coffee and a new keyboard.

• 32 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Feb 26, 2013 at 12:30 PM

G… :)

• 33 G // Feb 26, 2013 at 12:35 PM

Ibiza, when you read our conversations back today it’s like reading a script from an episode of a 70′s sitcom? My inner monologe voice from the blog has changed from ‘Morgan Freeman’ to ‘Reg Varney’!

• 34 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Feb 26, 2013 at 12:41 PM

G….I get the feeling we may be hearing from Ed at some point today :)

I don’t even want to think about my inner monologue voice…that can only end badly for me.

• 35 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Feb 26, 2013 at 12:44 PM

That takes me back actually. Who was it that came up with Kets talking like Zed from police academy. Still one of the funniest things I’ve read on here.

• 36 G // Feb 26, 2013 at 12:47 PM

Dunno, but I often imagine Jail for Ashley sounds a bit like Mr Burns from the Simpsons (no offence jfa)

• 37 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Feb 26, 2013 at 12:49 PM

“Excellent”

• 38 Mister Tuff // Feb 26, 2013 at 12:51 PM

Torq Toon – you mentioned earlier on that you are away to St. Etienne for a fortnight. You may be in a position to report (as far as you can) as to what the “inside track” is in respect of Aubameyang. Will he leave/is he as good as people say etc etc. Flash the key ring.

• 39 aidantoon // Feb 26, 2013 at 12:53 PM

Very happy with squad at the moment, and with Benny returning things looking fab.
    Very impressed with g car the legend scout to be honest as you look at cab and sissoko and you think that they are 30 mil players and that’s no joke!
    Honest next season if we keep our best and add 4 top players there is no reason why we can’t get in top 4!
    Very good times ahead I feel.

• 40 martoon // Feb 26, 2013 at 1:03 PM

G – Re the slides – I have an image in my head that I can’t get rid of. The topless fat bloke with the NUFC tattoo (who they always show on TV) stuck half way down one of these slides with his legs dangling out the end. :)

• 41 G // Feb 26, 2013 at 1:18 PM

Him and Geordie Dancer, get it photoshoped mate!

• 42 Big Pappa Cissé // Feb 26, 2013 at 1:34 PM

Is it just me or does Cisse look a bit like Eddie Murphy ? :)

• 43 toonLYF // Feb 26, 2013 at 1:36 PM

On Ba, I can actually see him leaving. Chelsea in the next 3 windows, most likely to play abroad, Ligue 1 or Serie A. I like Demba and wished him all the best when he packed his bags but it seems like he’s turning into another example of why leaving Newcastle for a bigger club isn’t always a good idea.

• 44 nomis_jade // Feb 26, 2013 at 1:38 PM

Dont post on here much, but really enjoy reading the comments. Just thinking…..imagine if we did win the Europa league (dont think we will personally). What will people think of Pardew and co then?? He will be the first manager to win something in 40 odd years. It would be incredible. Surely that would make him a newcastle hero?

• 45 mindshaft // Feb 26, 2013 at 1:40 PM

Yeah I like Cisses attitude, humble guy and great work ethic – anyone see Yaya Toure on Sunday on MOTD, the presenter said it was an amazing goal or something and Toure (much like Cisse) said no, no it wasn’t an amazing goal, it was just a goal – so refreshing to see players talk like that rather than constantly bigging themselves up

• 46 toonLYF // Feb 26, 2013 at 1:40 PM

What an amazing window we had to counteract losing Ba though, give me Gouffran, Moussa, Yanga, Debuchy and Massadio over Demba anyday. My best transfer window memory as a Newcastle fan I think. Mike came up with the goods when needed the most, and earned the respect of thousands of Geordies in the meantime.

• 47 toonLYF // Feb 26, 2013 at 1:43 PM

mindshaft, yeah Yaya seems like a top bloke, humble, quite like our very own Sissoko. Was a lovely lovely goal too. I love the attitudes of alot of the African players. Obviously excluding the likes of Gyan.

• 48 Transfer Sage // Feb 26, 2013 at 1:49 PM

I like to see players being humble but I don’t mind then bigging themselves up either. As long as it is respectful and deserved praise its ok….its when you see the average players talking like they deserve 100k a week and are the best in the league etc which annoys me.

• 49 DokToon // Feb 26, 2013 at 1:50 PM

gmorning all,

i dunno about the rest, but i am enamoured with gouffran… the speed and footwork hes shown since coming to tyneside… hes a keeper imo…

looking forward to (hopefully) putting a smackdown on swansea…

• 50 toonLYF // Feb 26, 2013 at 1:54 PM

Transfer Sage…prime example would be Bendtner.

• 51 G // Feb 26, 2013 at 1:54 PM

I had to read that twice DokToon, I thought you meant that Gouffran should go in the nets?

• 52 DokToon // Feb 26, 2013 at 1:55 PM

g @50

oh no sir, hes a keeper, keep him in the lineup… i apologize, the decaf is not working at all this morning :)

• 53 Mister Tuff // Feb 26, 2013 at 1:55 PM

The interesting situation for me at Chelsea is that three way “relationship” with Benitez, Torres and Ba. Benitez clearly favours his countryman Torres. The fans seem to want Ba to start games -ahead of Torres. I see this “relationship” developing towards the end of the season with the result being that Bentitez and Torres will end up leaving – and Ba remaining as the main striker. Ba is not daft -he’s very clever.

• 54 Charlie in the Gallowgate // Feb 26, 2013 at 1:57 PM

toonLYF

cannot see Ba staying at Chelsea for 3 transfer windows unless torres goes

Didn’t he want his own way at the toon -

• 55 Big Pappa Cissé // Feb 26, 2013 at 2:01 PM

Looks like we will be finally be able to field our strongest team of the season barring Krul and have a pretty strong bench as well.

———————-Elliot———————–

–Debuchy—–Taylor—-Collocini—–Santon–

———–Cabaye———-Tiote—————-

—–HBA———-Sissoko——-Gouffran——

———————-Cisse———————-

Bench: Alnwick,Marveaux,Anita,Shola,M’biwa,Gutierrez

Wow :) . The pace and trickery of HBA & Gouffran on the wings is mouth watering. Cisse will be getting chances galore.

• 56 toonincheek // Feb 26, 2013 at 2:08 PM

Can’t really blame Ba too much for leaving.
    All footballers, especially strikers, live in fear of an injury – and Ba more than most.

Can you really blame him for moving for a much higher salary?

He has loyalties not only to NUFC but his family and his future.

• 57 toonLYF // Feb 26, 2013 at 2:12 PM

I’d like to see M’biwa start on Saturday. Preferably over Stevie, but it obviously depends on Colo’s fitness. I just think Yanga has the better footballing brain and Swansea play some decent stuff so I would be more confident with Mbiwa’s fantastic game-reading skills; rather than Taylor’s raw desire (which can sometimes become irrational).

• 58 Jail for Ashley // Feb 26, 2013 at 2:12 PM

G,
    As the Matt Groening creation Mr Burns is a yellow,bald, heartless and cretinous old man why would you think i might take offence at your likening me to him.

• 59 ballerfan2 // Feb 26, 2013 at 2:28 PM

Was thinking about earlier in the season when Pardew was getting all the stick while a certain Mr Moyes was being lauded as the greatest thing since sliced bread. Since listening to his outburst about the extra 16 seconds in the Norwich game i thought i’d take a look at what the Everton supporters are saying about their esteemed manager right now and bingo i thought right. Moyes is taking some stick right now and their fans sound very much like our lot a couple of weeks ago. The moral of the story is …..

• 60 magpie6699 // Feb 26, 2013 at 2:30 PM

Mister Tuff – my impression of Chelski is that it’s not just a 3-way situation as you describe it – there’s another player in the mix and that’s Abramovich. I think he has his favourites and isn’t afraid to let whichever manager is in charge this month know it!

• 61 Transfer Sage // Feb 26, 2013 at 2:30 PM

ballerfan

Football is simple…if things go well you are praised…when things go back you get criticism.

I think most people here are balanced in terms of their assessment of pardew. Some are at either end of the scale and overly negative or positive…however most get it right..criticise but only for things that are his fault.

• 62 Jail for Ashley // Feb 26, 2013 at 2:36 PM

On Demba Ba,everyone has their own thoughts on the circumstances over his leaving of the club but I don’t see them in a very good light,there’s no denying he was a good player for us but i think his selfish attitude and manipulation of Pardew can’t have him remembered in any type of hall of fame.

• 63 Transfer Sage // Feb 26, 2013 at 2:41 PM

jail

Same sort of view but he shouldn’t really have let Ba manipulate him like that.

• 64 robin // Feb 26, 2013 at 2:43 PM

Pardew and logical thinking do not go together, most sensible managers would play Mbwia, over the donkey Colocini, but not Pardew, his is the first name on the team sheet followed by his equally useless mate Jonas. Thats why at the end of the season Pardew, has to go he has had long enough and done nothing if he managed Man Utd, they would struggle also with his negative tactics and weird substitutions.

• 65 Jayden // Feb 26, 2013 at 2:47 PM

Thank you robin for your insightful.. err, insight.

Now run along – your cheesy chips are getting cold!

• 66 DokToon // Feb 26, 2013 at 2:51 PM

robin and logical thinking do not go together either… christ himself could coach the toon, and all robin would say is, “why didnt you make more loaves and less fishes, or why did you turn water into wine, i prefer beer”… youre song and dance is quite tiresome sir…

• 67 Transfer Sage // Feb 26, 2013 at 2:52 PM

robin is similar to kets but with one crucial difference…kets is funny

• 68 G // Feb 26, 2013 at 2:52 PM

JFA @ 58, sorry bout the slow response, for some reason work expect me to do some graft now and again? The reason I read your comments as Mr Burns is your choice of words mate, the turn of phrase often reminds me of the sort of thing Mr Burns would come out with.

• 69 DokToon // Feb 26, 2013 at 2:54 PM

agreed TS…

• 70 Mister Tuff // Feb 26, 2013 at 3:02 PM

Magpie6699 @60 – yes I agree the fourth person in the mix at Chelsea is Abramovich -who has proved himself to show no loyalties in the search for “perfection” at his club, wielding the axe too many times for my liking. Seems several opposing factions down there all pulling in different directions which will result in uncertainty/no stability and not winning anything. However his ill gotten gains will allow the club to buy their way out of mid table gloom and earn CL entry. At some stage the correct mix at Chelsea may be stumbled upon after hirings and firings to enable them to win something.

• 71 Owldman // Feb 26, 2013 at 3:17 PM

When Cisse gave his first interview Ba had to translate for him now he seems to cope quite well on his own! Must have really got stuck into english lessons

• 72 cockneymagpie90 // Feb 26, 2013 at 3:20 PM

Has anyone else noticed that everton lie in 6th, 12pts behind which is 4 wins.

Now have a look at Everton, westbrom and liverpools fixrures…. and if we beat swansea at the weekend, who knows?

If the teams above us lose half of the their games left, we are deffinately in with a shout of top 6!

That also means ofcourse, we sustain our quality form and win most of our 11 games left.

Id say with our team atm and Ben Arfa to come back and inject some genius work, we should be able to beat anyone!

Heres hoping! :)

• 73 cockneymagpie90 // Feb 26, 2013 at 3:21 PM

Infront*

• 74 Pushy Pardew // Feb 26, 2013 at 3:36 PM

Jail
    Top goalscorers are selfish and Ba’s goals saved us from
    clunking along the bottom of the league. He’s a nice calm
    gentle guy not unlike Cisse. All our Muslim players are
    great with Tiote quite shy off the field. I don’t go out of my
    way to disagree with you.
    Is Robin or Robyn the former poster Beattie 25? They have the
    same sentence construction.
    Ian Toon
    Puncheon would be a good summer signing. Understand were
    watching Smith tonight! Agree with you on Taylor he needs
    to drop the tough guy role and concentrate and generally
    sharpen up. YMA and Coloccini for me.

• 75 WWYCD // Feb 26, 2013 at 3:39 PM

robin
    Agreed

• 76 Pardews Parsnip Bonce // Feb 26, 2013 at 3:40 PM

i see that in my 2 week absence robin has wormed in and spouted negativity. seriously don’t understand criticisms after wins. especially when we scored 4

• 77 Pushy Pardew // Feb 26, 2013 at 3:41 PM

Ibiza
    Fancy a cable car alternative. You could water bomb opposition
    fans at the end of the game.

• 78 Pushy Pardew // Feb 26, 2013 at 3:44 PM

PPB
    Since we have improved the anti
    group are posting under other names.
    Not all but a few Catchy will be back!!

• 79 Jail for Ashley // Feb 26, 2013 at 3:47 PM

Pushy,
    I didn’t mean selfish in his play as I understand all strikers are pretty much the same,I meant selfish in his manipulation of Pardew and his insistence on playing central even though it was detrimental to the teams performances and the fact that he said he wanted to play there or would be off without giving a hint that he would be off at the first decent offer makes him a bit of a snake in my humble opinion.

• 80 Marty-Toon // Feb 26, 2013 at 3:49 PM

Top 6 cockney mag?
    What are ya eating man?
    Are we to win every game so?
    There’s quite a few teams of quality up there battling for places.
    Can’t see us that far up but always good to dream.
    I’d safely say we can reach 8th at best.
    We can look at fixtures n say that we or they will win or slip up but any game as we’ve seen can be as tough as the next in the PL.
    We certainly have a quality looking team now and it’s great to see as 6 weeks ago things looked a lot different.
    Amazing what a few good players can do for the whole squad.

• 81 WWYCD // Feb 26, 2013 at 3:56 PM

JfA
    He was the consistently scoring striker surely its not detrimental for said striker to be played central when his competition couldnt buy a goal, it was more detrimental to continue playing Cisse when he offered nothing but work rate tbf

• 82 Jamiemac // Feb 26, 2013 at 4:02 PM

Would anyone swap Ben arfa for Bale ?

• 83 Toonboy_84 // Feb 26, 2013 at 4:10 PM

Jamiemac

Yes in a word

• 84 Pardews Parsnip Bonce // Feb 26, 2013 at 4:17 PM

@pushy the thing about catchy is he seemed reasonable when we were in dire straits up untilhe wished we would keep.losing to force parades sacking. I’ve refused to acknowledge his comments since

• 85 Jail for Ashley // Feb 26, 2013 at 4:21 PM

WW…
    I don’t agree mate,if it’s not broken don’t try to fix it we seemed to be working very well at the end of last season with Ba on the left where he could have had a few goals himself if he had of been a bit luckier.

• 86 check the toastie // Feb 26, 2013 at 4:22 PM

Bale contributes more than Benny, would i sooner pay money to watch benny yes, who would make us stronger as a team, Bale unfortunately.

• 87 check the toastie // Feb 26, 2013 at 4:25 PM

Ba was a selfish Prick, the only incentive for him whilst at the club was to get his big money move away, Hes Got it and personally pleased hes gone.

Cisse doesnt seem to have the same mercenary streak, Love Cisse to death and it boiled my piss that he was played out wide. Even worse when he is there when Shola plays.

Stupidity of the highest order by Parsnip.

• 88 WWYCD // Feb 26, 2013 at 4:27 PM

JfA
    True but Ba played a withdrawn role for us behind Cisse and Cisse contributed nothing at the time

Didn’t do much without Ba either, I think its too easy to blame everything on Ba the entire team went off the boil after last season everyones performances were terrible in comparison and there was very little in way of fight early season…we were gutless

• 89 Pushy Pardew // Feb 26, 2013 at 4:38 PM

PPB
    Nobody listens to Catchy and friends when things
    start going well. They are yesterday’s men mind you
    long time passing. We could really be going places
    next season. Carr is spending a lot of time in Holland
    looking for a Centre half. All good and we seem like
    scoring throughout the side. Plan to back Debuchy
    and Santon to get on score sheet.

• 90 SupaToonKid // Feb 26, 2013 at 4:45 PM

Hopefully that 35 yard screamer was just a warm up & now Papiss will haunt the Swans again at the Liberty with another quadruple

• 91 Pushy Pardew // Feb 26, 2013 at 4:48 PM

Jamie
    Sure would. Spurs are a one man team . He was the difference
    when I watched him recently against us. He is strong and less likely to miss games than Ben Arfa. He is going to get better and
    can’t see him staying at Spurs. They will sell and improve
    their squad as per sale of Modric. Their club is well run and could well displace Arsenal as our main obstacle to Champions League.

• 92 SupaToonKid // Feb 26, 2013 at 4:50 PM

Pushy Pardew

Where’d you here about Carr scouting in Holland?

Probably checking Douglas to see if his temper is cool enough as his quality definitely is. I’d love it if he’s eying up Dries Mertens as well. Would love Dries on LW for us, cracking player!

• 93 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Feb 26, 2013 at 4:51 PM

Pushy…I like the idea of being able to water bomb the opposing fans from a cable car. However we could just install big water containers over the opposing fans seating and just release it at the final whistle. A little thanks for visiting us at SJP – have a safe trip home.

• 94 DokToon // Feb 26, 2013 at 4:56 PM

ibiza,

good day sir.. but instead of just water, douse them with flour first, then use the water… make em a sticky mess… then import the mackems to clean up a proper stadium…

• 95 Pushy Pardew // Feb 26, 2013 at 4:57 PM

Ibiza
    Your wicked but I like it. Washing the great unwashed
    Mackems appeals.

• 96 Pushy Pardew // Feb 26, 2013 at 5:02 PM

We would stop away fans taking umbrella’s into
    ground. Let me work on this!!

• 97 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Feb 26, 2013 at 5:02 PM

Dok and Pushy…I think we may be onto something here. Obviously when the mackems visit we would be inclined to add a soapy solution to the water as our part in community service.

Dok…As for hiring the mackems to clean the stadium, would they even know how to clean it properly?

• 98 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Feb 26, 2013 at 5:04 PM

To show it’s all in good humour we would take photos of them as they get covered in flour and water and sell it back to them as a souvenir. Does anyone have a telephone number for Ashley?

• 99 Pushy Pardew // Feb 26, 2013 at 5:05 PM

Supa
    It’s common knowledge amongst the Toon Army. Pardew
    has also said that our focus has shifted.

• 100 IITianToon // Feb 26, 2013 at 5:05 PM

Hoping that the matter between Nathan Dyer and De Guzman over the penalty has caused some rift in the Swans dressing room. Would need all the help we can getting 3pts over at their place!

• 101 Pushy Pardew // Feb 26, 2013 at 5:08 PM

Ibiza
    Commercial possibilities as well. I am looking for a new
    venture. We could get a copyright and sell a part interest
    back to Ashley. Ibiza your a smart cookie.

• 102 IITianToon // Feb 26, 2013 at 5:09 PM

El Clasico tonight!!!!!!! I wonder how Messi and co. seem to be always playing midweek and weekend and never getting injured or exhausted!

• 103 Pushy Pardew // Feb 26, 2013 at 5:11 PM

Off to the gym. Been fun folks.

• 104 santonthenewmaldini // Feb 26, 2013 at 5:12 PM

We were equal to Spurs apart from Bale he was the difference

But if we can get Arfa fit and on form playing with more freedom now we have better players he can be the difference for the rest of the season in close games especially the home game against Anzhi

• 105 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Feb 26, 2013 at 5:13 PM

Pushy…At some point when you talk/think as much nonsense as I do you need to start thinking laterally or you go broke :)

• 106 IITianToon // Feb 26, 2013 at 5:13 PM

I just dont think Marv and Ober have the mental strength to just grit their teeth and think, “all right mr pards, you think im not good nough? ill show you im good enough .. evrey chance I get” . Hope I’m wrong though.
    Marv is a very very good player when played in #10 but I think he just doesnt want to help defend, which he has to do on the wings.
    I still think Ober is a very good player. Its just his mental side he needs to work on.

• 107 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Feb 26, 2013 at 5:15 PM

Take it easy Pushy.

IItian…It is a wonder. Do they really bring these players through their academy or are they building robots? Hmmm…

• 108 woolerbill // Feb 26, 2013 at 5:35 PM

What this, Krul out for the rest of the season. A friend here it in town on his way home. Please let’s hope it’s a sick romour.

• 109 Owldman // Feb 26, 2013 at 5:44 PM

Robin! Ask your doctor to up your medication because what you taking now obviously isn’t worklng unless you are sticking it up your ar– because you do spout a load of Shite

• 110 camas // Feb 26, 2013 at 8:24 PM

Hi everyone, new on the blog. I will be giving my humle opinion from “downunder” moving forward!!

• 111 Munster Mag // Feb 27, 2013 at 9:43 AM

Jesus wept, Bale is miles ahead of HBA.

previous post: Mike Ashley Sells £100M Of Sports Direct Shares