The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!

Our French Players Talented, Work Hard And Have Team Ethic

2:04 pm, Friday, March 1st, 2013 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 22 Comments

You cannot accuse Newcastle or their fans of not embracing the French players who have come to Newcastle, and before the game against Southampton – which was France Day – the club played the French national anthem – La Marseillaise – to make the lads feel more at home.

alan pardew and jogn carver

Alan Pardew and John Carver in the dug-out

And you have to admit that since out five new French players arrived on Tyneside, the quality of our play has been so much higher with three of the five new players – Mathieu Debuchy, Moussa Sissoko and Yoan Gouffran all being starts in the first team.

This is what Assistant Manager John Carver told the Shields Gazette today:

“Everybody was concerned about the amount of French players we had here – but what they have is a winning mentality.” “They have a hard working mentality, and that’s half the battle.”

“I was just talking to Hatem the other day, and he told me he’s really excited about the opportunity of playing with these lads – who are so talented – once he’s fully fit.”

“They aren’t just talented – they work hard, and they have a good team ethic.” “That will have a good effect on everybody else, especially Hatem. So I think the fans have taken to it very well.”

“I was surprised to hear the French national anthem, but it’s a catchy tune, so I think everybody’s getting into the spirit of it.” “It has certainly been a big boost for us.” The club also has themed-days at the training ground to make its players feel welcome.”

“We had the French day, and everybody embraced it which was really good.” “There was a little bit of fun. It certainly gave the French lads a boost.” “It’s difficult coming into a different country.”

We’ve been pleasantly impressed with how good our French players have been on and off the playing field, and they seem to have quickly and fully embraced Newcastle and its great history.

And if Newcastle do go after some additional french players they will probably have very little difficulty in convincing them to come to Newcastle, since the press Newcastle are receiving across the English Channel is just excellent.

Howay The Lads!! or maybe that should be – Allez les Lads!!

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 us on Google+:

You can also reach Ed at admin@nufcblog.com

=============================================

Tags: Coaching · Hatem Ben Arfa · Mathieu Debuchy · Moussa Sissoko · Newcastle News · Yoan Gouffran

22 responses so far ↓

• 1 rainrix // Mar 1, 2013 at 2:08 PM

Pardews so poor, when I saw him kicking a can down the street, I asked him what he was doing, he said “Ain’t you ever seen a mobile home?”

• 2 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Mar 1, 2013 at 2:11 PM

Ibiza…yeah that was probably a bit of a wildcard 😉

…ppl are so touchy these days lol

Have you seen the movie?

• 3 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Mar 1, 2013 at 2:13 PM

Ibiza…forget the last comment (you have answered already)

…What do you mean it’s not the greatest movie ever? 😀 Name me a funnier movie?

• 4 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Mar 1, 2013 at 2:15 PM

Rainrix…Are you stealing these off a website? :)

Jesper…The world is very pc these days, England more so than most.

I have seen it, but not in a good long while.

• 5 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Mar 1, 2013 at 2:16 PM

Jesper.. :) For me? Life of Brian wins hands down.

• 6 bills-son // Mar 1, 2013 at 2:17 PM

If I was Pards I’d pin two tables up at the training ground – a Prem form table since the Aston Villa game – and a league table excluding the top 6 teams.

Over the last six games we are 5th in the form league and we are currently 10pts behind West Brom who ‘top’ the table excluding the top 6.

We’ve got a mini season that could see us finish ‘top’ of our mini league and if we do that we could finish in the top four of the form league since the Villa game.

Ed – why don’t you put the two leagues up on the blog? I think it would be a great way give us (hopefully!) something to watch and shout.

And who knows – we might top it all by winning the Europa Cup.

• 7 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Mar 1, 2013 at 2:19 PM

Bills…That is a rather good idea. Bravo.

• 8 rainrix // Mar 1, 2013 at 2:19 PM

Ibiza… Erm no? *whistles* *brushes evidence under carpet*

Ahem sorry where were we? Ah yes the frenchies decent players aren’t they?

• 9 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Mar 1, 2013 at 2:20 PM

If that came off as sarcastic, please note it wasn’t :)

• 10 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Mar 1, 2013 at 2:21 PM

Rainrix…Thank goodness for that, I’d be extremely disappointed :)

So did you just brush the entire internet under the carpet?

• 11 rainrix // Mar 1, 2013 at 2:24 PM

Ibiza… Why would i do that when i can simply nefariously delete my internet history? MuHAHAHAHAHAHA :)

• 12 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Mar 1, 2013 at 2:25 PM

Rainrix…For the glory of being able to say you swept the internet under the carpet. Obviously :)

• 13 DokToon // Mar 1, 2013 at 2:26 PM

pardew is so poor… that he needs to be fired, as he is the worst coach int he prem… i mean the subs he makes..

oops, sorry, channeling my inner robin…

• 14 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Mar 1, 2013 at 2:28 PM

Pardew is so stupid that when asked about his preferred tactics he said “I prefer the white ones, they leave my breath minty fresh”

• 15 rainrix // Mar 1, 2013 at 2:30 PM

Ibiza… How shortsighted of me. What a title, can you turn away and i’ll brush it away again? (Flashes wad of money)

Can anyone tell me how to edit my name on this? I’ve noticed my r isnt capitalised and i dont want to be mistaken for and strung up as a mackem. 😐

• 16 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Mar 1, 2013 at 2:34 PM

rRrRrRainrix….No problem, consider me turned.

Top right corner, then “edit my profile”. But be warned, changes can often mean you have to wait to post again as Ed will check you’re not doing anything naughty with your name. I don’t think changing to a capital letter is naughty, but you never know.

• 17 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Mar 1, 2013 at 2:39 PM

No one like my tic tac joke then? You all suck.

• 18 rainrix // Mar 1, 2013 at 2:39 PM

Ah thanks Ibiza easy.

Right im going to change my username stand back, if i dont return I’ve probably gotten lost in blog space, please for the love of god do sent a rescue party.

One last pardew joke for the road.

Pardews so stupid that when the barman said drinks are on the house he fetched a ladder.

Sianara

• 19 rainrix // Mar 1, 2013 at 2:41 PM

Ibiza… I liked it but it appears were the only ones on the blog atm, and i might disappear soon so enjoy your solitude

• 20 DokToon // Mar 1, 2013 at 2:41 PM

what? i dont count?

• 21 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Mar 1, 2013 at 2:42 PM

Ha ha, he fell for it. That’s him gone for the next few days. Now we can get back to some decent discussion.

So then, ermm…Pardews so poor…

• 22 Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand // Mar 1, 2013 at 2:44 PM

Rainrix…Being the only ones (which clearly we’re not anyway) doesn’t excuse you not saying” Ibiza, that was brilliant. You are such a funny…etc etc” But no, you just be you and stifle my creativity. Go on, go change your silly name I hope it never works for you.

It’s good to know I don’t take things personally.

Dok…I’d say you do count, but you too failed to congratulate me on being funny or at least lie to me and say that it was :)

previous post: Great Chance To Wipe Out Season’s Disappointments