Pardew – Yanga-Mbiwa A Winner – That’s Why He’s Here

We had published a story about Yanga-Mbiwa about a week ago,  when one of his agents had been quoted as saying the 23 year-old Frenchman had expected to be a first team starter at Newcastle, and was getting a little concerned that if he wasn’t a Newcastle regular,  he may lose his place in Didier Deschamps French squad.

mapou yanga-mbiwa against metalist

Yanga-Mbiwa in action against Metalist

Whether that was true or not we don’t know,  but Alan Pardew was asked about Mapou today and whether he had any talks with the three times capped French International regarding a first team place assurance, and this is what the Newcastle manager said:

“I haven’t had to speak to him about that.” “When he’s played, we’ve won – that’s all he can do.” “He’s a winner. That’s one of the reasons we brought him here.”

Yanga-Mbiwa has played very well indeed whenever he’s played for Newcastle in his five appearances so far, and he’s been very sound in central defense and had a great game against FC Metalist Kharkiv at St. James’ Park a couple of weeks ago in his starting debut,  when he kept their danger man Willian very quiet in the 0-0 draw – so we haven’t always won when Mapiou has played.

Yanga-Mbiwa was captain at Montpellier and played over 200 times for the current French Champions, but the local reports today suggest that he was told he would have to fight for his first team place at Newcastle.  And that’s very likely to be true, because nobody is guaranteed a first team place at Newcastle, however good you are.

Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa now has a great chance tomorrow in South Wales, when he’s expected to get his third start for Newcastle in place of the injured Coloccini, and he can hopefully show he should be a regular starter for the Magpies.

Mapou will be up against Michu, who has been in great form for the Swans this season, and the Spaniard is currently tied with Gareth Bale in 3rd place in the Premier League scoring charts with 15 goals.

So Michu will provide a good test for the Frenchman tomorrow.

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 us on Google+:

You can also reach Ed at admin@nufcblog.com

=============================================

• Tinman

Mar 1, 2013 at 10:32 AM

Tiote silences Pablo.
    Mbiwa silences Michu.

Half the battle won

• rainrix

Mar 1, 2013 at 10:33 AM

Pardews so poor he walks down the street with one shoe on, and when people ask him if he lost one he says, “No, I found one”

• rainrix

Mar 1, 2013 at 10:36 AM

jesper… Easing ins the best way to go, don’t want you to tweak a synapse with all the negativity on here. Although to be fair its mainly coming from me this morning, oh well 🙂

Ibiza.. Dont worry the damnation is only going to keep coming. 🙂

Mar 1, 2013 at 10:37 AM

Rainrix…Why don’t you crawl back under your rock 🙂

Mar 1, 2013 at 10:38 AM

or has Pardew called squatters rights on your rock?

• rainrix

Mar 1, 2013 at 10:38 AM

Ibiza… You’re so poor that at work you wave around a ice lolly and call it air conditioning.

Sit back down. 🙂

• rainrix

Mar 1, 2013 at 10:40 AM

ibiza.. The neggar rock is a communal home all can come even pardew, whose so poor he cant even pay attention.

Mar 1, 2013 at 10:41 AM

Rainirx…I wish. Have you seen the price of ice lollies?

I just steal the frozen crust from within peoples freezers and smother it over my body…now there’s an image for you all this fine morning.

Mar 1, 2013 at 10:43 AM

Is Neggar rock anywhere near…actually, I’m not going down that road again.

Loving that one though. “So poor he can’t even pay attention”. 🙂

• jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew

Mar 1, 2013 at 10:45 AM

Rainrix…don’t sweat it mate; I know you are a romantic at heart lol

I hope Mbiwa will a chance at start soon. If you can critisize Pards for anything it is probbably his inability to use the full extense of his squad.

…But I think he’ll learn that in time.

• rainrix

Mar 1, 2013 at 10:45 AM

Ibiza… Is ibiza even that hot this time of year? I can imagine you catching hypothermia then stumbling onto the beach screaming like a yeti with alopecia, putting everyone off there take out pizza huts 🙂

• nufc 11

Mar 1, 2013 at 10:45 AM

Willo, colo and taylor havent been at the races this season very poor at times taylor proformance last sun was very poor he tends to drop off like simo does for some reason and gets caught out alot needs to buck up in the run in.

• dannyboy

Mar 1, 2013 at 10:47 AM

think its obvious mbiwa is starting tomorrow,pards wont risk colo. so glad jonas isnt vice captain as that is a pure joke, think we can win tomorrow , would have been easier having ben arfa coming of the bench , but i dont think we will het beat, mr.t needs to keep his head as swansea will have 60% possession

• robin

Mar 1, 2013 at 10:48 AM

Pardew, the worst manager in the Premier league should belt up, whats he trying to prove having a go at HBA? It just goes to prove how inept he is HBA, has been out since December after being injured due to Pardew, playing him when he was carrying an injury anyway but Pardew, played him as he was flapping he was going to be sacked which he should have been for the displays over the Christmas period!

• dannyboy

Mar 1, 2013 at 10:48 AM

hopefully pappis can can produce his form similar to last season

Mar 1, 2013 at 10:50 AM

Rainrix…So you’ve seen me out and about on a Friday night then?

Mar 1, 2013 at 10:51 AM

YEESSSS!!!! Now my day is complete. Happy Friday to you Robin.

Some light reading for you mate, sorry there aren’t more pictures.

• rainrix

Mar 1, 2013 at 10:52 AM

Robin…. You’re damn right he has no idea, playing ben arfa too early then criticising him because he’s not fit enough so he cant bring him back early.

Pardews so poor i went over for dinner and he read me recipes.

Pardew Out!

• jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew

Mar 1, 2013 at 10:52 AM

okay that didn’t work out well, but I suppose you get my drift 😀

• rainrix

Mar 1, 2013 at 10:54 AM

Ibiza… i though it was close to the mark, the yeti thrash is usually a good move to pull the birds so to speak.

• rainrix

Mar 1, 2013 at 10:56 AM

Jesper… Its alright i understood you, its just i was too busy being a neggar to reply. 🙂

But erm yes i mean why does pards only ever make 2 subs why is he not using the full squad, mans clueless pards out!

Mar 1, 2013 at 10:56 AM

Rainrix..For a neggar you are one funny guy.

Mar 1, 2013 at 10:58 AM

Rainrix…Agreed. Although the courts of Ibiza didn’t seem to agree with me when I told them I didn’t consider a woman screaming to mean no. Picky picky.

• jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew

Mar 1, 2013 at 11:02 AM

Ibiza…yes women need to be alittle more precise than that 😉

…a scream can be a good sign as well…so I have been told lol

• rainrix

Mar 1, 2013 at 11:03 AM

Ibiza… Thank you i do try. Who said neggars cant have a sense of humour?

Carrying her back to your man cave by chance? I though that was how we humans have always operated?

• Munster Mag

Mar 1, 2013 at 11:06 AM

I certainly think Pardew could have been more subtle originally about how he phrased things,

• DannyH10

Mar 1, 2013 at 11:12 AM

More subtle? about willo? He needs to know he’s not good enough for the first team. In my opinion centre half is probably THE most important position in a football team.

We need to have the sort of depth that Tottenham have there.

Willo always trys his hardest, that you can say.

The bottom line is he’s just not good enough for a top Premier League club.

Mar 1, 2013 at 11:19 AM

Jesper..Exactly. I don’t think the female judge appreciated my comments about women never knowing what they want either. Me and my mouth.

Disclaimer: Whilst maybe in bad taste, this is only a joke.

Rainrix…Cave? Bit pricey mate.

Munster…It was a bit clumsy to say the least.

Mar 1, 2013 at 11:22 AM

Danny…Whilst he probably could benefit from a reality check as to give him a kick up his rear end, there is a point where it probably becomes a little more demoralising than inspiring.

• toonLYF

Mar 1, 2013 at 11:35 AM

Swansea will have to play very very good to beat us tomorrow. They will be the ones worrying about individuals; obviously the unpredictable Cisse who really hurt them last year. Cabaye, the best passer of the ball on the pitch. Sissoko, a wrecking ball, up against what is a fairly lightweight team, I may add. Ben Arfa if fit. Gouffran who I don’t suppose they’ll no much about, and will struggle with his ball retention I think. We have to worry about Swansea as a collective I guess, but I honestly think we have the armoury to beat them.

• Pardews Parsnip Bonce

Mar 1, 2013 at 11:35 AM

hold on. somebody used the n word.
    blog police!

• martoon

Mar 1, 2013 at 11:36 AM

I think you have to remember that in a press conference reporters deliberately ask tricky, contraversial questions hoping to trip up Pardew which gives them a headline. At some point Pardew is bound to say something that upsets somebody.

• DannyH10

Mar 1, 2013 at 11:36 AM

Hmm, i think that Pardew, like me, is hoping that Williamson isn’t going to play many more games for NUFC.

We’ve got a very strong first team now, it is squad depth that we lack. This is why i’m keen that we should get a couple of pacy wingers, another center back (or two) and a forward. (dreaming I know)

• spitfire_

Mar 1, 2013 at 11:38 AM

Every time when Pardew start talking about “winners” I remember when he said to Colo “you are a winner I’m a winner”… and the laughter begins.

• rainrix

Mar 1, 2013 at 11:41 AM

Ibiza… Shack then? Maybe a nice tree?

Mar 1, 2013 at 11:44 AM

Martoon…Which is helped by people who will find fault in whatever he says anyway.

Danny….That may well be the case and I think everyone hopes is to be the case, but still, if he’s planning on him leaving this summer why alienate him? As Martoon points out, it’s probably come from leading questions etc.

• DokToon

Mar 1, 2013 at 11:45 AM

robin, the worst poster in ther NUFC blog, should belt up, whats he trying to prove by having a go at NUFC fans? it just goes to prove how inept he is…

ad nauseum…

good morning all, from the opposite side of the pond, anyway…

Mar 1, 2013 at 11:46 AM

Rainrix…I suppose a shed made of fence panels is really the only option for me 🙂

LYF…Loving the optimism.

• Tsunki

Mar 1, 2013 at 11:47 AM

Ibiza – no good bemoaning the lack of pictures for robin to get his head round that article – until the day comes when they perfect electronic pop-up books he’s lost. 🙂

The captain thing is tricky. But in my book I would happily see sissoko as cap. It would be an interesting scenario. Plus when colo goes and MYM is a regular, who is to say….

• rainrix

Mar 1, 2013 at 11:49 AM

Dok… Dont be hard on robin, he’s the last noble neggar on here fighting an imaginary battle for those great virtues of hate, narrow-mindedness and negativity. 🙂