Swansea 1 Newcastle 0 – Video Highlights

swansea

Swansea 1 Newcastle 0 – Video Highlights

• El Tino

Mar 2, 2013 at 5:44 PM

I think ppl are being too harsh on our players. Truth is that some players are better in different situations, but pards doesnt get that. eg Tiote was LESS suited against their small mids and with that ref than Anita.

Jonas didnt produce in an attacking sense but helped keep Hernandez quiet. Wasnt needed in last 20 mins as we were controlling the game.

Obertan is best in open spaces, usually provided late in games and on the counter. This wasnt the case today as we were in control, so not required today (but should ve come on against spuds).

Marv is great for unlocking the door with a bit skill, speed or a pass especially when the game is level.

Shola is good for that flying elbow, which williams kept requesting.

Horses for courses. pards.

• davis_toons

Mar 2, 2013 at 5:47 PM

Pardew need to get his sub earlier with Jonas (not much contributed on attack when we needed a RW to do it),

Reason: When we are not making an impact on the game, the other team will.

Young Santon needs to improve, the whole defence needed more time to gel.

Cisse needs to improve. He need to score goals.

• toonarmydownsouth

Mar 2, 2013 at 5:48 PM

33toonarmydownsouth // Mar 2, 2013 at 5:38 PM

Unfortunately we got the result we deserved today, not saying we played worse than them but when you squander chance after chance after chance then the only people to shoulder the blame are the lads

Now I know goofy missed a good chance today, but I can kinda forgive him that, his first shot of the game first time shot and first time he’d managed to get central but still you have to test the keeper
    But cisse, seriously wtf is wrong with this bloke? Wildly swings at everything has no composure, no vision, can’t play with his back to goal, can’t beat the offside trap, I’m mean is this the same player???
    I said at the time I think Ba was getting unfair abuse of our fans for cisse sh1t form, and ppl kept saying cant wait to sell Ba then cisse will magically return to form, we’ll that was 2 and a half months ago and he looks worse every week
    Just my opinion but we sold the wrong CF and Ba would be thriving in this set up

• Tsunki

Mar 2, 2013 at 5:51 PM

repost due to blog accelerant being applied by Ed in his usual styleee….

Sorry for all the radio listeners but your impression that we were second best needs a look on tv as we were much better in possession, their stats come from their traditional pass it round the back stuff. We always looked a threat and just needed one of many chances to go in, they bundled one in and thats that. They are a decent but not fantastic side under Laudrup, but maybe we should have walked away with a win in fairness. I suggested Anita for Tiote because of his yellow and because Anita would have given us more zest in the middle without losing anything defensively, and eased the tired legs of a lot of the rest of the team as he runs about so much with the ball. With that, Marveaux could have come on to drag them back to their goal a bit more, could have worked with gouffran I think. Could even have subbed Cisse for Shola (I know I know) but Shola holds the ball well and lays off well too, good for Goofy and Socks to foil off I think, worth a try. In any case, their fresh legs versus our tailing off in concentration cost us, but by no means a disaster.

I agree that Santon is still showing signs of positional liability which is a continuing shame as it is starting to look like he is never going to consolidate his trade at LB, he needs to sort out some training sessions with Debuchy to see how this is done properly. Otherwise, I would welcome Hairdryer to a start next match to give him a kick. Mbiwa also did a couple of daft things, but he just needs time and a regular spot to suss out who is around him.

• cockneymagpie90

Mar 2, 2013 at 5:51 PM

If the team had proved it could score goals then maybe yea keep it the same, but we didnt so a change was needed! Its simple.

Do u really think marvo would of put us on the back foot and ruined our great pressure we had on them?

No! He would of pressed with the team that were already pressing and created for the front men. Its an abosolute joke!

Before anyone starts mouthin me off 1. Im intitled to my opinon and 2. I said at half time swap tiote for anita and half way through 2nd half when we were dominating the game bring on marvo but nothin happened and i was going mad with frustration.

So its not beacuse we lost im finding excuses, i saw the mistakes happen infront of my eyes and i didnt need a goal from swansea to tell me that!

• davis_toons

Mar 2, 2013 at 5:52 PM

El Tino // Mar 2, 2013 at 5:44 PM

GOOD ONE!

• El Tino

Mar 2, 2013 at 5:53 PM

2 questions:

Did pards throw his note pad or did he just drop it?

And did anyone pick it up?

Would love to see if he completed todays crossword. Couldnt get 1 down and 5 across – another name for Pardew. (begins with S)

• roshan MAGPIE

Mar 2, 2013 at 5:53 PM

toonarmydownsouth I completely disagree with your comments about cisse every forward goes through barren run even shearer did so would you have said the same thing to shearer

• check the toastie

Mar 2, 2013 at 5:53 PM

Defence played well, we let one goal in late on, no big shakes, should have scored at the other end, at least we are creating and we played some good high tempo stuff 2nd half, We were unlucky not to pick up a point.

• davis_toons

Mar 2, 2013 at 6:05 PM

Could Pardew be so immense in playing Sudoko? When realsie that we were 1:0 down he decided to make his Sub.

Enough of these Sudoko.

• davis_toons

Mar 2, 2013 at 6:11 PM

…The Sub was late …Its was our FORMER Winger providing the Cross which our “new defence” cant clear it.

• toonarmy555