Hiddink – Newcastle A Good Side Who Play Modern Football

Guus Hiddink thinks Newcastle have improved their side in January, and he calls Newcastle a good side who play modern football, and he knows we have some good players, like French Internationals Yohan Cabaye and Moussa Sissoko.

guus hiddink dutch coach

Guus Hiddink – joined Anzhi in February of last year

The 65 year-old Dutch coach was hired by Anzhi in February of last year, after a brief spell managing the Turkish National side, and he had this to say about Newcastle today:

“It will be very interesting to see how we compare to a side from one of the top leagues in Europe.” “Newcastle did not start the season well, but they have improved a lot in recent weeks.”

“They are a strong team that play modern football. They have powerful and skilful players in every position, such as Moussa Sissoko.”

“Their players are used to not playing in Makhachkala.” “We got a good crowd for our last game – even though the Luzhniki is a huge stadium we could feel the crowd behind us.”

“The club is growing. Our academy has started up and soon we will start to play at our new stadium in the Russian league.” “We do not just spend money on players, as some believe, but we are developing the infrastructure.”

Anzhi are bankrolled by Russian Billionaire Suleiman Kerimov, who is worth around £5B, and the club seem to have spent enormous amounts of money on players in recent years – as have other top Russian clubs like Rubin Kazan, as well as clubs in England like Manchester City, Chelsea and QPR – even though they are still bottom of the Premier League.

Newcastle probably have one of the best returns for the money they have spent in the transfer market, over the last two or three years, and the Tyneside club have brought in some excellent players like Cheick Tiote, Ben Arfa, Yohan Cabaye, Davide Santon, Papiss Cisse, Moussa Sissoko, Mathieu Debuchy, Yanga-Mbiwa and Yoan Gouffran – nine top players all for around £38M.

That’s  very good value for money.

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 us on Google+:

You can also reach Ed at admin@nufcblog.com

=============================================

• Brutooon

Mar 7, 2013 at 2:48 AM

who will play as striker? inexperience campbell? or HBA? or Sissoko?

• RonVanDam

Mar 7, 2013 at 3:08 AM

Would play Arfa as a striker since its his first game back after 3 months to regain fitness and we need experience upfront.
    He’s deadly with both feet and can hold the ball. Will be interesting to see which formation pardew will play tomorrow

• shanghai fan

Mar 7, 2013 at 3:35 AM

Playing up front needs explosive power and stop start runs, maybe not best for a player’s first game after a few months out?

Having said that, not many other options come to mind.

Ameobi up front holding up the ball, 451 keeping it tight for the home leg. maybe possibility of nicking an away goal??

• Spuggy

Mar 7, 2013 at 6:21 AM

Amoebic will play if Cisse can’t. No other option and did well against the mentalists.

• Tsunki

Mar 7, 2013 at 7:47 AM

Well my theory that hba wouldn’t travel sank without a trace 😐 perhaps because of cisse he will feature more than desired? Play him behind shola is probably our best strike option but we would need cabs anita and tiote in there to run the show in midfield. Hope we draw, but I wouldn’t mind an away goal even if we lose by one.

• ~ Phoenix Warrior Perch~

Mar 7, 2013 at 8:36 AM

4-6-0
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Elliot~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    ~Simmo~~~~Saylor~~~~Mbiwa~~~~Haidara~~~
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~Perch/Anita/Tiote~~~~~~~~~~~~
    ~Santon~~~~~Cabaye~~~~~Sissoko~~~~Marveux
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Arfa~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

• Troy Stavers

Mar 7, 2013 at 8:40 AM

The Goose has a tremendous managerial record.

It’s totally an unknown scenario tonight. I can’t predict which way it will go. Who knows how good they are but Liverpool have recently beat them.

I’ll have a gander and a beak thru the web to see how good they are. I know Chris the Waddler rates them.

Does it go to the golden egg, I mean goal, if it goes to eggstra time?

That was shit I know! But its posted. :-/

• Transfer Sage

Mar 7, 2013 at 8:55 AM

anzhi have conceded in their last 4 games so we have a chance to go there and get a goal. They have sold samba which will disrupt their defense as he is a very good CB.

They do have a huge threat going forward so it will be difficult to contain…however looking at their results they are not a free scoring team who get a lot of results with 4/5 goals so we should still be in the tie for the home leg.

An away goal is vital, even if we lose we need to take an away goal back to SJP, ideally two if we can get them.

I think Shola will be upfront to hold the ball up then we can have sissoko, cabaye, ben arfa, marv (some combination of those) around him to create and hopefully score.

• JAMSHA

Mar 7, 2013 at 9:08 AM

MATCH LIVE ON TEN HD IN INDIA AT 10:30 PM REPEAT AT 3:30 AM ON TEN ACTION

• IITianToon

Mar 7, 2013 at 9:14 AM

@Jamsha do you have Ten HD.. I dont :((
    Why cant they show in Tsports or Taction.

iF WE PLAy IN MAROON , WE LOSE. I am sure of it now.

• IITianToon

Mar 7, 2013 at 9:17 AM

So our remaining away games are:
    Wigan — blue/white
    Man City — blue
    West Brom –black/white
    West Ham — claret/blue
    QPR — blue/white

I have a deep deep fear that barring WHAm, we will be playing in maroon in all the remaining games. #fearing the worst

• roshan MAGPIE

Mar 7, 2013 at 9:19 AM

jamsha my bad luck don’t either of those channels

• Pushy Pardew

Mar 7, 2013 at 9:25 AM

Mr Tuff
    A childish tirade coming from a man of mature years is beyond childlike pursuits. The fact that I admire certain posters and prefer to engage and sometimes praise them does not make me guilty of multiple personas . I have a colourful personality and like Ibiza and others ( other names not listed because you over react). We live in an age of inappropriateness and you should think about cohorting with an individual expressing sexual impropriety. My missus was angry when I told her of this and she suggested I seek legal advice. Given the nature of a blog i will not but we have to maintain individual standards and accept personal responsibility for our words and deeds. Your pals only excuse is that he is not very bright but you are. Incidentally this individual has admitted to using multiple names on here. If you still don’t get it then your on your own! I would much prefer to talk football but if it’s your continued aim to drive posters away then your succeeding. I am not seeking an apology because others are more worthy.
    I am know thinking football .

• roshan MAGPIE

Mar 7, 2013 at 9:31 AM

jamsha my bad luck don’t have either of those channels

• Jail for Ashley

Mar 7, 2013 at 9:33 AM

Pushy ,
    F*”k off you t#at.

• Transfer Sage

Mar 7, 2013 at 9:38 AM

I am sure most post on here are just arguments which have nothing to do with football and people posting multiple accounts to back up their own argument.

In reality there could be 1000 opinions supporting somebody but if i don’t agree with it I won’t no matter how many others do.

This whole place has gone vastly downhill in the past year I have been a regular viewer of the blog.

I’d like to say there is much needed humour from some, good debate from a lot and also a couple who have some good insider info but a lot of people just argue with others over nothing and trade insults.

Anyway…thanks Ed for a great blog but unfortunately, as with society, idiots and loudmouths are taking over.

• Pushy Pardew

Mar 7, 2013 at 9:44 AM

Transfer Sage
    I agree with you. I remember the abuse you got around the time I first came on but you have overcome it. I am undecided whether it is worth the aggravation. Take it easy .

• JAMSHA

Mar 7, 2013 at 9:47 AM

IITianToon

ME TO DNT HAVE TEN HD… I WATCH THE MATCH AT 3:30 AM … BUT WONT TRY TO FIND OUT THE RESULTS BEFORE 🙁 Dnt no why the match isnt on tensports since chelshit came in.. our match has been moved out… n now that liverfool are out our matches are on hd

• Carryingcoals

Mar 7, 2013 at 9:48 AM

sage

I think that’s true, all you can do is distance yourself from it and not get dragged in to it. I, like you, appreciate many bloggers on this site.

• corkypants85

Mar 7, 2013 at 9:49 AM

Can see it now boys 0-0 with 20 minutes left ben arfa starts taking his tracky off expectation arrises in the away end. Zhirkov brings the ball forward for anzhi he gets over the halfway line and deep into the newcastle half when mbiwa dives in with a perfectly timed challenge then quickly chips the ball into the space left zhirkov ben arfa sprints clear and takes the ball deep into the anzhi half and delicatley chips the on rushing keeper as the balk clips of the post an in the back of the net 1-0 toon get in!!!!!!!!

• Jail for Ashley

Mar 7, 2013 at 9:50 AM

Pushy ,
    It’s definitely not worth the aggravation,just stick to being Ian Toon and when you do stop harping on about Push Pardew

• Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand

Mar 7, 2013 at 9:50 AM

Good to see everyone is in a good match day mood….God help the blog later when the starting line up gets announced…

May I suggest those who dislike each other for whatever reason just ignore each other? Whilst maybe a joke to some it’s getting rather tedious for most and this is coming from the master of tedious 😉

• Tsunki

Mar 7, 2013 at 9:50 AM

Transfer – I think its always had a bit of that mind. And I remember giving you some stick about being ITK but hey its traditional I have been the recipient of some ha ha 🙂

In the end, as long as the argument rages about footy and doesn’t get personal then its good. But it seems a bit of paranoia has set in since the multiple account ‘jokes’ started some time back. There are some who have done it, but apart from speculating on it, I would rather move on. This is a NUFC blog, let’s keep it at that. Ed does a lot of hard work for some to bring it down to a slanging basho.

• Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand

Mar 7, 2013 at 9:51 AM

Corky…Sounds delightful 🙂

• Rainrix

Mar 7, 2013 at 9:54 AM

Guus Hiddink is so stupid he thinks pardew is a good manager.

• Transfer Sage

Mar 7, 2013 at 9:55 AM

I never let people get to me so its ok. No offence to any people here but the only opinions I really care about are friends and family so if people insult me I don’t care on here….can easily ignore people over a computer screen when you never have to see them so all the insults don’t bother me.

I just find it’s best to be as genuine as possible and spend more time engaging with those you like instead of arguing with those you don’t.

I do think most people bring something good to the blog…from the eternally optimistic Ibiza to the bringer of doom in Catchy..everyone has something good to contribute, some less than others mind.

Whether people agree with each other or not I think the general criticism/praise of certain aspects of the club is fine by 99%. The only issues I find is where people then take this. We all see the club underperformed first half of the year.

The issue comes with how much blame is given to each party involved and what the ‘punishment’ should be.

Either way it’s best to just respect people’s opinions and if you don’t agree open a debate, if people don’t want to debate then just move on.

Have fun people and I know for a fact everyone here will be cheering the boys on tonight no matter what the line up is.

Enjoy your day everyone.

• Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand

Mar 7, 2013 at 9:56 AM

Rainrix…Pardew is so stupid he’s still trying to figure out where Guus hid the dink.

• Carryingcoals

Mar 7, 2013 at 9:57 AM

ibiza that was terrible 🙂 ha ha

• magpie6699

Mar 7, 2013 at 9:57 AM

IITian Toon – why are you fearing the worst – is maroon unlucky for us. It got me musing about our superstitions. I always wear a NUFC sweatshirt or polo on home match-days with black jeans and socks. When we are playing away I try to avoid wearing any of the opposing team’s colours – it makes me feel uncomfortable and if we lose I feel bad. Now how stupid is that? There’s some term for having (illogical) notions that things you do have effects on things beyond your power, but I can’t remember what it is. You know, like, I shouldn’t have washed my car, that’s why it rained. Anyway, some fools think it’s to do with the stars but us Taureans don’t believe in Astrology!

• Rainrix

Mar 7, 2013 at 9:58 AM

Agree ibiza must try harder 5/10

• Transfer Sage

Mar 7, 2013 at 9:58 AM

tsunki

I didn’t mind the stick I got.

Once I got some info and it turned out right I thought I’d share what I got after as gospel.

Unfortunately until papers are signed (as Remy showed) not even ashley, llambias or pardew know whats happening 100%.

So it’s much better now I just share what I hear as a rumour with a bit of foundation.

• Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand

Mar 7, 2013 at 9:58 AM

Carrying…I did advise that I am the master of tedious 🙂

Are you sure you don’t want me to run a joke column on your site?

• JAMSHA

Mar 7, 2013 at 9:59 AM

roshan MAGPIE

if u have hatway box ul get both ten action n.sports man… better get a hatway box 😀

• Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand

Mar 7, 2013 at 10:05 AM

Rainrix…Well seeing as I made a similar reference yesterday to the joke you just made perhaps you’re not one to talk about effort?

Get your own material 😉

• toonincheek

Mar 7, 2013 at 11:10 AM

Don’t think HBA will start.
    And Shola isn’t the kind of player to make runs.

Enter HBA and Campbell for the last half hour,
    hopefully after we’ve contained them for the first hour.

I reckon Simmo will start at LB rather than Santon.
    We need to be solid defensively from the start and
    maybe attack later in the game.
    So maybe Santon also on at the hour mark.