Newcastle 2 Stoke 1 – Video Highlights

Papiss cisse stoke

Papiss Cisse smashes home winner in injury time

Newcastle 2 Stoke 1 – Video Highlight

• Owldman

Mar 10, 2013 at 6:27 PM

Job done all played well against a very mediocre side , well done.

• santonthenewmaldini

Mar 10, 2013 at 6:28 PM

Just a shame the highest we can finish is going to be 10th

Doubt the teams above us will drop enough points for us to overtake them

Everton are on a bad run but are still too far away

If in the summer we bring in quality we can go further forward would get rid of Tiote, Colo and Obertan and replace them with Siem De Jong, Alderweild/Ashley Williams, Tom Ince/ Belhanda and bring in PEA as a striker

I mention these players to go out as they are not going to take us any further forward and Colo does not want to be here anymore

We would be sorted and would still have the relevant amount of purples and homegrowns

• check the toastie

Mar 10, 2013 at 6:33 PM

Just back from the match, and we need a new manager, its as simple as that, he is ultra cagey and is destroying any flow or attacking intent that this team could have.

We play at such a slow tempo its unbelievable, no one touch football at all, Anita has to start instead of Tiote, personally would play him next to Sissoko and push Cabaye on, Sissoko could then break from midfield, although most fans have enjoyed Sissoko playing were he has, its basically playing another midfielder instead of a creative player, he could be just as effective if allowed to break from the middle of the park, ala Gerrard.

Pardew wont allow that gamble though, he is such a cautious defensive loser. Jonas and Tiote need to be benched or our stop start unimaginative football will continue forever.

• Transfer Sage

Mar 10, 2013 at 6:34 PM

Santon

10th is still a decent season from where we were a few months ago.

Is it ideal? No but if it’s a one season blip I think it can be forgiven an written off as a learning experience for all at the club.

• Transfer Sage

Mar 10, 2013 at 6:36 PM

Check

I will accept tiote should be benched for Anita.

But Jonas? Who for? Obertan who is lazy and does equally as little going forward but no defensive work. Marv who I am yet to see play a good game when used wide?

When HBA is fit Jonas should be benched, we’ll have to wait and see if that happens but I imagine it will.

• check the toastie

Mar 10, 2013 at 6:37 PM

Santon – the only new signing we need in the summer is break the bank and get a coach who embraces sharp quick attacking football, or all our purples are going to get pissed off.

We cannot continue surely going through games hoping effort and a bit of luck is going to take us up the league. Nobody plays with any freedom, even Benny has been shackled IMO.

• Bambams

Mar 10, 2013 at 6:42 PM

Just relief we got the points, I thought cisse looked offside from this video. Mind you it is not the clearest on a mobile phone.

• check the toastie

Mar 10, 2013 at 6:42 PM

Transfer Sage – there are loads of options regards setting the team up a little differently, and Obertan has assisted more goals in a few cameos than Jonas has in the last 2 years.

Jonas is a terrible footballer, has been for 12 months, play Anita instead of him down the right, play Haidara and give Santon a go further forward, swop Goofy over, all sorts of solutions, however no doubt Jonas is a good trainer and an honest pro, obviously Pardew thinks that deserves a starting place as it pretty much describes him when he played.

It breaks my heart to see this squad/team playing such dross. And as for taking Santon off, well my piss boiled at that point.

• Transfer Sage

Mar 10, 2013 at 6:42 PM

Check

We are overly cautious too much I agree, that must improve.

I think it has in recent weeks/months but it’s slow progress. I think it wil only get better over time.

The issue for me is that we have no real pace like bale, Lennon, Walcott, etc etc in the team and as a result we struggle to stretch the play and teams crowd us out meaning with either go long or have a slow, laboured build up and it’s difficult to create.

We need proper pacey wide man/men in the summer to give us a better style of play. Barca have that with pedro and Sanchez which gives the midfielders and messi more room to work in

• ArtyH

Mar 10, 2013 at 6:43 PM

When we get a corner all our player are in touching distance of each other so if the ball is NOT accurate its wasted, its the same time and again. Players should be spaced out in the box and one on the keeper. JUst IMHO but for weeks the above tactics have been fruitless, time to change FFS.

• Transfer Sage

Mar 10, 2013 at 6:45 PM

Check

I didnt mind santon going off. The lad need to learn. He gets forward and beats a man well but crossing is woeful. Not sure haidara is better but I think it spurs santon on to do better.

I’d play haidara left back, gouf left mid and santon right mid until Ben arfa returns then have santon back on for haidara.

• northernirishtoon

Mar 10, 2013 at 6:48 PM

Was at the match and didn’t realise how good of a ball that was from marveaux to cisse. Unbelievable

I have to agree with what check is saying

I would drop sissoko back cos I still think he will be as dangerous with his forward runs and I would give marveaux a run in the no10 spot. Would give us more attacking threat cos we are lacking it big time at the minute

When parts done that today we looked more threatening going forward

• El_Fenomeno

Mar 10, 2013 at 8:13 PM

It’s unbelievable people who criticize Cisse left and right… At the end of the day he scores and the 3 points are in the bag…

• hazzy

Mar 10, 2013 at 8:27 PM

Check I could not agree more on your point about Jonas.
    I did feel taking Santon off was harsh as he really did not have a bad game but Haidara did make us look a lot more structured.
    I would rather see any player in the entire squad play left wing than Jonas. Really do not see what anyone could like other than he runs around the absolute least I expect. He bottles tackles, can’t pass, shoot, cross, make a dangerous run even. As soon as he gets the ball I’m resigned to us losing the ball. I prefer Williamson and that is saying something