Sissoko – Newcastle Support So Impressive – It Makes Me Happy

Moussa Sissoko has started every game since he arrived from Toulouse in January, and he has scored three goals and he already has shown what a massive player he can be for Newcastle.

moussa sissoko scores

Moussa Sissoko – after scoring against Chelsea

And the French international has been interviewed on the Newcastle web-site, and he says he’s been surprised at just how passionate Newcastle fans can be,.

This is what the 23 year-old had to say:

“It’s amazing. It’s so impressive to see – and hear – the support up here,” “It is completely different to what you get in France.” “I was told before I arrived that the supporters in Newcastle were something special, but I didn’t realize just how passionate they would be.”

“From my first match I have seen what people were talking about. The fact that the fans sing their hearts out for 90 minutes makes you want to give every ounce of everything you have.”

“It makes me happy and I want to go out there and play the sort of football which will make them happy.” “If the supporters give us the sort of backing that I have seen recently, then we cannot go wrong.”

“I heard the chant from the first match and it is something which is absolutely incredible.” “It’s never happened to me before, so I didn’t expect it at all. “Nothing gives you a bigger lift than when you hear the supporters chanting about you.”

“So now I owe it to them to go out there each weekend and play as hard as I can and as well as I can.” “I want to show them Newcastle were right to sign me, I will fight for the team and the supporters, and will repay the gratitude the fans have shown me.”

We are hoping that St. James’ Park is again sold out for today’s important game against Stoke City, and a third home league win in a row would be just what the Doctor ordered, and would take us onto 33 points from 29 games, and above Sunderland in the league table.

And although at some point Alan Pardew may want to give Moussa a rest and a game off, tomorrow is not the time to do that, and we need this powerful player in the starting line-up.

And what a fantastic buy this lad is for just £1.8M.

How Will Newcastle Fare Against Stoke City Today?

View Results
Loading ... Loading ...

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 us on Google+:

You can also reach Ed at admin@nufcblog.com

=============================================

• Mister Tuff

Mar 10, 2013 at 2:47 AM

Top attitude. Top player.
    4 – 0 to the Toon.

• Dagwoodz

Mar 10, 2013 at 2:53 AM

Quickly becoming my favorite player to watch…if he can build an attacking understanding with HBA, Gouffran, and Cisse, while being feed by Cabeye….my mouth is starting to water at the thought.

• toonicle

Mar 10, 2013 at 2:54 AM

Huge match tomorrow. Cannot wait! Hope Sissoko puts another one in the net, what a deal this guy has shown to be.

• 89Norcal

Mar 10, 2013 at 3:20 AM

Few things in football are as impressive as watching a box-to-box midfielder bossing the game around. Long live Moussa’s toon career!

• chuck

Mar 10, 2013 at 3:26 AM

Are you talking about the ten fans that made their way to the Moscow stadium?
    Actually five are residents there.
    As for loud, the Newcastle fans are quite quiet, in fact often outsung by visiting fans.
    But dont feel bad, this myth is standard at most clubs and it’s handy for players to use, in making points with the fans.

• Mister Tuff

Mar 10, 2013 at 3:52 AM

chuck – in fact 70 fans travelled to Moscow -you need to get your facts right. Tool.

• Dagwoodz

Mar 10, 2013 at 4:59 AM

Chuck’s getting an early start on the negative posts.

Feeling good about the game…3-1 to the toon. HWTL!

• Benji84

Mar 10, 2013 at 7:15 AM

pumped not working morrow so i can watch the full game. Getting up at 1.30 i the morning come on the lads.

• TorqToon

Mar 10, 2013 at 7:24 AM

Chuck run along now…let the adults talk.

Probably see you about an hour before KO so you can b1tch and moan about the team selection.

Tuff got it spot on…you are JUST a tool! 🙂

• toonarmydownsouth

Mar 10, 2013 at 7:39 AM

Chuck
    How did it feel watching your team get taken apart by a club that is rock bottom of the league with only 2 wins all season?

• Moe_UAE

Mar 10, 2013 at 7:46 AM

Becoming my favorite player so quickly ..
    His attitude in the field is unquestionable. Keeps fighting for every single ball, like the offensive Counterpart of Tiote for me just w/o the silly cards, and he always keeps saying the right stuff 😀

I still believe that Pardew can make better use of his potential

• toonarmydownsouth

Mar 10, 2013 at 7:59 AM

Have to say not sure where players like marv ober and gosling get off doing interviews saying they want and deserve first team football here, I’d be happy if they even applied a quarter of the effort and determination all 5 of our new signings have shown!
    Sissoko, goofy and debuchy really have changed the squads style completely and now mbira is starting to have a big impact and haidara is certainly showing he has a massive future with the toon!

• Marty-Toon

Mar 10, 2013 at 8:09 AM

Sissoko is a top player for his age.
    He’s gt great strength,height and pace with good passing too.
    I’m sure Ben Arfa is looking forward to being fitter and playing in the team with Sissoko ,Gouffran,Cabaye,Tiote and Cisse
    It looks a quality attack minded midfield

• Charlie in the Gallowgate

Mar 10, 2013 at 8:31 AM

Like Moscow on Tyneside – bloody freezing and snowing.

Hope the lads can warm us up this afternoon

• bills-son

Mar 10, 2013 at 8:58 AM

Diggedydaws – great link to the NUFC financial analysis.

Reading the comments from the anti Ashley fans made me laugh – one stated ‘deep down we know that SJP will always be known from now on as the SDA’.

I wonder if the guy who said that has ever put his hands up and said he was wrong? I doubt it.

• jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew

Mar 10, 2013 at 9:04 AM

He has been a top signing for us no doubt; never thought he would have fit into that ACM role, but it fit like a glove 😉

• Marty-Toon

Mar 10, 2013 at 9:26 AM

Jesper
    He fits like a glove
    Just like AP does as MA hand puppet 😉

• northernirishtoon

Mar 10, 2013 at 9:27 AM

Match day is upon us

Can see the fortress that is st James from my hotel window

Lets get ripped into these gypsy bast*rds the day

3-0 cisse, socks, goofy

• Mark the Mag

Mar 10, 2013 at 9:31 AM

Love the way when this guy makes a pass he never stands and admires it, he is straight off on a run looking for a return pass. His dribbling is superb, he quickly moves away untill close to a defender, then his close control is great as he stalks the opponent waiting for him to jump in before leaving him for dead. Don’t usually get the work ethic with these type of players but he is all over the place he has got everything.

• Marty-Toon

Mar 10, 2013 at 9:31 AM

Really though we’ve got top payers now that could fit into any of the top teams but hopefully won’t get dragged away from us.
    The likes of Mbiwa Sayls,Debuchy,Anita,Sissoko,Gouffran,santon,Cabaye and Ben Arfa,Krul.
    How many players do we need in to actually compete?
    Ad who do we need to be quit?
    Jonas,Obertan etc
    Tiote can be sold if we get a decent price IMO

• Tsunki

Mar 10, 2013 at 9:33 AM

is his a different chuck from the one who posts on .co.uk? if not whats his point?

• Tsunki

Mar 10, 2013 at 9:34 AM

Must be a different one, posting at 3.26am because thats when mackems get up for ‘work’……

• Tsunki

Mar 10, 2013 at 9:40 AM

On Elliot – someone made a good point on that post – he may not be as instinctive a shot-stopper as Krul, however nothing I have seen so far proves that, BUT he already looks a better distributor of the ball than Tim 😐 Time will tell I suppose. main thing is that despite clawing his way from the depths, he doesn’t worry me, that has to be a good thing. 🙂

• toonarmydownsouth

Mar 10, 2013 at 9:46 AM

Tsunki
    Tbh mate Willo is a better distributor of the ball than krul, it’s his one huge flaw, you can even hear pardew screaming at him to just play it simple!!!
    Elliott reminds a lot of perchinio, when we signed him it was hard to see why we bothered and where he’s fit in, and once again like perch he’s upped his game everytime he’s played and looks another great find by the club!

Marty
    I think in all honesty we still need 3-4 players, we need a genuine winger, another CF, another CB when colo goes and possibly a young creative midfielder

• clinta2

Mar 10, 2013 at 9:56 AM

So, what’s Sissoko’s chant? Anyone?

• wynsleap

Mar 10, 2013 at 10:58 AM

toonarmydownsouth @ 24 – Spot on mate. That’s exactly the players that we need this next transfer window.
    Let’s hope the powers that be feel the same way.
    With those quality additions we could really be in business next season.
    As for this week, 3 points against the Pulis airforce today and a win against the Russkis on Thursday and this season could yet turn out to be quite something.