Newcastle 1 Anzhi Makhachkala 0 – Video Highlights

Here are the video highlights from tonight’s game,

eto'o anzho st james

Samuel Eto’o in action tonight

Newcastle 1 Anzhi Makhachkala 0 – Video Highlights

• 89Norcal

Mar 14, 2013 at 11:51 PM

Anzi seem to bring out the worst in teams, I remember Liverpool having a rough time with them as well. Such a physical and tightly compacted team. They realize Eto can do much by himself and tend to sit back.

So i’m not too worried about how our poor performances bode for the quarter finals. We will be much better.

• dominnit

Mar 14, 2013 at 11:51 PM

got shivers watching that last goal again

• northernirishtoon

Mar 14, 2013 at 11:55 PM

Nick9

I def think benny and marv can play in the same side for sure

Just drop socks back with cabaye and play marv in the hole

Job done

• manxpie

Mar 15, 2013 at 12:02 AM

repost
    manxpie // Mar 14, 2013 at 11:59 PM

toonbrother just shut up!
    “To me his overall display showed immaturity ”
    what!!??
    an 18 yo playing 15 mins in front of a massive home crowd and game for only the third time in his life!!
    who’d have thought hey!?
    the only immature person seems to be you fella and you proove it with every post so keep them coming!!

• Troy Stavers

Mar 15, 2013 at 12:04 AM

Taylor MOTM for me.

Those who cried out for Pardews sacking must feel a bit daft now.

5th in the league and LMA winner last season and now the quarter finals of Europa. 😀

Not bad for clueless buffoon 😀

• Footballwatch

Mar 15, 2013 at 12:04 AM

If you wish you can watch the game in full or its highlights on http://www.footballwatch.net/team/139

• Jail for Ashley

Mar 15, 2013 at 12:05 AM

Excellent result tonight even if it wasn’t one of the prettiest games to watch and as for their free kick , every team that has ever won a final has had a bit of luck on the way, I didn’t think Campbell done anything wrong but I would like to see him go out on loan next year so that his goals to appearances ratio doesn’t get to horrendous looking the same way No Dangers did, Mashley needs to prove himself and bring in a couple of strikers to allow AC a chance elsewhere, as for Marveaux tonights game completely changed my opinion of him , I thought he was immense hopefully we see a lot more of it.
    HWTL.

• nick_9

Mar 15, 2013 at 12:14 AM

NorthernIrish – I would like to see them both in the same side but worry about helping out at the back. As we know debchu and santon love to bomb forward and sometimes we are a little exposed at the back.

Very happy to progress, it is a shame though that gouffran and debucy are cup tied but I guess it keeps them fresh for the league. Not getting ahead of myself as I feel we have already accomplished something good but do the winners of Europa gain automatic entry next season?

• cbell

Mar 15, 2013 at 12:14 AM

Hiya lads,

What did the attendance turn out to be tonight?

• manxpie

Mar 15, 2013 at 12:15 AM

haha jail no dangers made me laugh!
    on the luck thing i as a supporter has felt over the years have been terribly unlucky and i mean terribly unlucky so i can’t be the only 1!!?
    but it seems since the start of last season luck isn’t welcomed i.e last season was ALL luck no skill or managment involved!
    and if we win this season with a bit of luck its the same!
    is it just me that actually welcomes luck or am i mad!??

• Troy Stavers

Mar 15, 2013 at 12:16 AM

I’m happy with Mbiwa. He does nothing flash, rarely notice him but that’s a good thing.

I can see Saylor forming a good partnership with him.

• Guj NUFC

Mar 15, 2013 at 12:18 AM

Eto’o is one of the quickest players I’ve ever seen and he was kept at bay by M’biwa, I think hes a top draw center half, him and S.Taylor make a good combination. Sissoko not as prominent as he was in his first 2 games but I’m not going to slate him as he does put in a lot of work. Gutierrez put in a good shift in the middle today too. I have no idea what happened to Tiote but its sad to see a player with his ability struggling now after a terrific first 2 seasons with us. Santon, Haidara, Anita all had OK games. Marveaux excellent, hope he can keep it up. Papiss… Euphoria.

• northernirishtoon

Mar 15, 2013 at 12:19 AM

Update on cabayes injury on nufc official

By the sounds of it he came off as a precaution

Lets hope he’s sweet for Wigan

HWTL

• Guj NUFC

Mar 15, 2013 at 12:19 AM

@ cbell, around 45,000

• Troy Stavers

Mar 15, 2013 at 12:20 AM

@Manxpie

All successful teams can reflect on games and know they were lucky. That’s football. The truth is, the more successful you are you create more luck.

It’s that famous golfer, Arnold Palmer who once said, the harder I practice, the luckier I get. 😉

• Troy Stavers

Mar 15, 2013 at 12:21 AM

I’m bastard elated the neet like!!! Get in!

Quarter final and the draw to look forward to.

Who knows when the draw is?

• Guj NUFC

Mar 15, 2013 at 12:23 AM

Draw is tomorrow at 11.40am @Troy 🙂

• manxpie

Mar 15, 2013 at 12:25 AM

lol troy if i understood who ya on about it’d make sense lol
    the draws on tomorrow bout half 11 i believe

• kevymartins

Mar 15, 2013 at 12:25 AM

@Troy tomorrow

• Troy Stavers

Mar 15, 2013 at 12:27 AM

Cheers. Cannit wait! I hope Spurs & Chelsea draw each other. There’s still a few easier ties I fancy.

• JP...from The Rock

Mar 15, 2013 at 12:31 AM

Brilliant game, great result and good performance all round. It was nail biting stuff towards the end but we managed to clinch it the way Newcastle know best -the most dramatic way possible. Hoe Cabaye is alright and Marveaux had his best game for us. Saylor MOTM and surprised and pleased to see Campbell given more than just a few minutes on the pitch. The kid is lightning fast and makes Obertan look really slow. He’s sharp and always looking to get into spaces and making runs. His first touch is also good and I think he’s yet to lose possesion of the ball 🙂 Not bad for an 18 yr old. Of course I am not getting carried away he still needs a lot of developing to do but I believe we may have a true gem here and the type we love a Geordie Striking Machine! 😀

Chuffed tonight well done Pardew outsmarting one of the best tacticians of the modern game.

HWTL

Ps. I hope we don’t get drawn with Chelsea nor Spurs, that would suck :/

• Troy Stavers

Mar 15, 2013 at 12:36 AM

Are the quarters a one leg knock out or is it 2 legs, home & away?

• davyboy32

Mar 15, 2013 at 12:37 AM

I would prefer Chelsea or Spurs. They have Champions League football to secure. We do not. 🙂

• Mister Tuff

Mar 15, 2013 at 12:38 AM

Troy quarters are two legged.

• Kc-Toon

Mar 15, 2013 at 12:43 AM

Brilliant result tonight ! Looking at the teams left in the competition, i would say chelsea would be the only team better than the team weve knocked out tonight. Heres my look on some performances

Santon – Didnt seem to track back as quick as he should have been, and final product was poor, Really got to question those who see him as a RW, as his best quality is getting up and down that wing all game, Put him in an attacking role and we will see a replica of guti with better tackling
    Taylor – MOM for me, one part of the game summed his performance up, anyone notice when he made a tackle and whilst being floored, put his head into the ball as eto went to kick it , Bleeds black and white!
    Mbiwa – Impressive for most of the game but needs to cut out his lapses in concentration, its not uncommon either according to Montpelier fans
    Haidara – Very dependent on his left foot, which is probably why he didnt shine more tonight as he did in the first leg, once hiddink had sussed him.
    tiote – Dont feel he got enough praise for some of his long balls, better than cabaye at times!
    Cisse – Think were starting to see the cisse of old, one chance one goal, And his run for the goal should have been recognised. The celebration showed alot of passion, would you have seen that in demba at anypoint in his toon career ?