Top Sriker Misses Game Tonight

It was expected that Willian would not play for Anzhi tonight, after only last week pulling his hamstring in the first leg against Newcastle.

Willian joins Anzhi Makhachkala

Willian – not fit to play tonight

And sure enough the player, who was brought in from Shakhtar Donetsk for £30M in January, and went off in the first half last Thursday night in Moscow, has been ruled out of tonight’s game with Newcastle.

And as we had mentioned earlier today, we expect Lacina Traore to start in his place tonight,  and the 22 year-old Ivorian is not a bad player himself – all 6′ 8″ of him.

Lacina Traoré _19

Lacina Traore – 6′ 8″ Ivorian striker

The Anzhi coach Guus Hiddink was hoping the 24 year-old Brazilian International would be available for tonight’s game, but it’s always difficult to play in such a short time, even if the hamstring injury was only a grade 1 pull – which is the least damaging.

The 24-year-old is not in the travelling party with Anzhi, and this is good news for Newcastle.

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 us on Google+:

You can also reach Ed at admin@nufcblog.com

=============================================

• Tinman

Mar 14, 2013 at 12:49 PM

I dont think it will get to pens, it will be a tight game but there is bound to be goals at some stage! Two 0-0 ties would be a far too boring. I suppose I would get my moneys worth if we went to extra time… Would rather we just won though

• Tinman

Mar 14, 2013 at 12:50 PM

Traore was useless in home leg so dont expect him to do much damage against us at home. Touch wood…

• DokToon

Mar 14, 2013 at 12:52 PM

hoping for a straight toon win… so my bookie will be annoyed with me for puttting a taste down, lol…

• IITianToon

Mar 14, 2013 at 12:53 PM

@Tinnie Perch outjumped him!! But still we should be on our guard. Expecting ST to keep him quiet..

• Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand

Mar 14, 2013 at 12:53 PM

6’8″ – My my.

• Transfer Sage

Mar 14, 2013 at 12:55 PM

the worst thing anzi could do is play eto’o deep again….he is such a good player you need to get him as close to goal as possible.

If he starts deep I am confident we can keep traore quiet….very unimpressed with him in the first leg.

• Tsunki

Mar 14, 2013 at 12:56 PM

Why can’t I shake the feeling we are going to lose? Someone getting sent off? And I am an optimist. 😐

I dont think its going to be easy watching, I hope I am way off the mark but they should be a lot better than they have shown so far.

• masterp1983

Mar 14, 2013 at 12:57 PM

I’m working tonight so can’t stream. Anyone know a website that shows it after when I get in at like 11.30pm??? Cheers

• Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand

Mar 14, 2013 at 12:59 PM

Tsunki…Sorry for the delay in responding but given the recent turn of fortune at Newcastle united we have been inundated with optimism applications.

I am writing to let you know your application has been refused as the following language is forbidden:

“Why can’t I shake the feeling we are going to lose? Someone getting sent off?”

We thank you for your application and hope when you have sorted yourself out that you will once again re-apply.

Yours

OV
    Department of applications and nonsense.

• Munster Mag

Mar 14, 2013 at 1:02 PM

YTsunki, reason ur concerned is that we havent seen the best of Anzi. And there is too much talk about making it a night to remember etc. If I was Hiddink I’d plaster that shit all over the dresssing room walls.

• Tsunki

Mar 14, 2013 at 1:05 PM

Hmm. I knew I would fail. I was supremely confident in fact. Hey wait – does that count as optimism ? 🙂

• Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand

Mar 14, 2013 at 1:07 PM

Tsunki…That does provide me with some issues. What to do? I feel the pressure mounting. Could really do without the bad press if this goes public….

Okay, it has been decided that we will offer you a temporary visa for today only. We will re-evaluate later today.

Conditions are
    – Whether we win or lose you must be happy and optimistic.

Simple enough….

• Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand

Mar 14, 2013 at 1:08 PM

Munster…Do you think Pardew has overplayed it? Funny that he’s been getting stick all along for not taking it seriously, but now he’s overdoing it.

• toonLYF

Mar 14, 2013 at 1:08 PM

to be honest, from what i’ve seen of Anzhi (not just that one game), i don’t think they’re anything to be too afraid of. I’d say they’d be about a midtable premier league team in hindsight; no more scary than a Swansea or a West Brom. Sure, they have a few stand out players, but don’t most teams?

Confident tonight, 2-0 to Newcastle, simply cannot see them scoring.

—————–Elliot—————–
    Simpson—Taylor—-Yanga—Haidara

————Anita—Cabaye———–

Marveaux——Sissoko———Jonas

—————–Cisse—————-

• Graeme

Mar 14, 2013 at 1:10 PM

Munster, thankfully, you aint, but would have no problem with you managing them tonight, if you like??

I think we are going to win it, 2-0 but would accept a 1-0 although it would leave the nerves frayed until the final whistle.

We are definitely going to win – I’m going to the final and what would be the point if the TOOON dont turn up?? What a bummer that would be!!

• Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand

Mar 14, 2013 at 1:12 PM

Lyf…From my limited viewing of them, I’d put them in the same category as Liverpool.

Some really good players, but hit and miss as a team. They certainly can cause us problems, but it’s far from a forgone conclusion.

• Bambams

Mar 14, 2013 at 1:13 PM

I am not being negative in anyway for this game, I genuinely believe we will have a great night for one reason alone…… We are due one !

Get along to the stadium and get your voice heard for the team !

I for one cannot wait, just hope lady luck is with us….

• Jonny

Mar 14, 2013 at 1:14 PM

Debuchy, mbiwa, cabaye and sissoko all in France squad.

• obatoyou

Mar 14, 2013 at 1:14 PM

63obatoyou // Mar 14, 2013 at 1:12 PM

Ranger flipping arrested again on suspicion of assault give it a rest fellow

• santonthenewmaldini

Mar 14, 2013 at 1:15 PM

Think Anzhi will be a lot better on grass but so will we got to remember they were full strength in the 1st leg whereas we played a an experimental line up especially up front and at the back

• Graeme

Mar 14, 2013 at 1:25 PM

Santon – I hope they smoke lots of it as well lol

• Munster Mag

Mar 14, 2013 at 1:50 PM

Ibiza I havent given Oards stick for anything unfair. It just seems that there is an awful lot of spouting going on, about turning it into a great ocasio etc, by players too if I’m not wrong. I’d rather keep it low key and let the dogs out at KO. Are we on ITV again ?

• toontillidie