Cabaye So Sensible – Likely To Start Tomorrow

Yohan Cabaye, the 27 year-old Frenchman, experienced some shooting pains in his groin on Thursday night against Anzhi Makhachkala, and as a precaution he came off after 37 minutes, and Jonas Gutierrez substituted for the central midfielder, and played quite well.

yohan cabaye saints

Yohan Cabaye – will start tomorrow?

And it seems because of Yohan being sensible and not risking things on Thursday, the French International should be OK for tomorrow’s important game at Wigan.

Cabaye had a double surgery on his groin in late November, and that seems to have done the trick, but Yohan still has to be careful of it- just in case.

This is what Yohan told the French Daily L’Equipe today:

“This is the adductor, but not the same place.” “I felt some shooting pain.” “We played a lot of matches recently and this may be a reason.”  “Before the meeting with Anzhi I felt fine. and I do not think it is too serious.”

Yohan has 25 appearances this season to go with the 38 appearances he made last season, and he has 11 goals, with six goals this season.

We hope Yohan is OK for tomorrow’s game,  because we need his generalship and an eye for a goal tomorrow afternoon, when we’ll be without his French team-mate Ben Arfa – who will be out for the rest of the season with his groin injury.

Let’s hope Yohan can start tomorrow.

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 us on Google+:

You can also reach Ed at admin@nufcblog.com

• Alan Pas-de-clue

Mar 16, 2013 at 1:52 PM

gotta be villa reading qpr going down

• Jonny

Mar 16, 2013 at 1:56 PM

QPR have some good fixtures and some good players. Sunderland have a horrible fixture list and their team is not as good as Qpr.

• Alan Pas-de-clue

Mar 16, 2013 at 1:59 PM

i havent seen sunderlands fixture list

my ideal 3 going down would be villa qpr sunderland but then we wouldnt have derby next year

• jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew

Mar 16, 2013 at 2:17 PM

I really hope Sunderland – one of my favorite games to watch at SJP (mind you on telly of course lol)

…Villa and QPR to go down for me; I think it might happen and I honest to God hope it happens 🙂

• FatmanJoe

Mar 16, 2013 at 2:20 PM

I think Reading made a shocking decision sacking their gaffer this close to the end. They had goals in them but now I think they’re a certainty to go down. Hope Villa join them and I expect that to happen.

Then it’s between Southampton, Wigan and QPR for me. We don’t know which QPR team will ever show up. A few weeks ago I would have thought it was too late for them but now I fear they might escape.

I hope it’s QPR, Villa and Wigan but I think it’ll be Reading, Villa and Southampton.

• numba9

Mar 16, 2013 at 2:21 PM

in the summer i think a striker and a cb to replace colo are needed, edin dzeko anyone?

• FatmanJoe

Mar 16, 2013 at 2:22 PM

We’ve got some really hard fixtures too. Probably the worst fixtures for any team in the bottom. But I can’t see that happening…

• FatmanJoe

Mar 16, 2013 at 2:32 PM

TAP TAP… is this thing on?!

• bills-son

Mar 16, 2013 at 2:32 PM

Alan -pas, I actually think Sissoko has played better in his last 2/3 games than he did when he was scoring in the first 2/3. Against Chelsea he was absolutley anonymous in the first half and did nothing in the second until hevmade that run down the right wing against Cole. Yes he scorec and has some magic moments but, similiar to the Villa game, he was out of the game for long periods.

However, the more he’s played in the forward position the more he and the team have adapted to it and he”ll keep getting better imo. He had a tremendous game against Swansea except for his final ball and if he puts that type of all action display in regularly with a good final ball he’ll be one of our most influential playrs – especially when he has HBA to link with.

• Bambams

Mar 16, 2013 at 2:34 PM

We need to keep picking up points especially against the teams around us….Only once we are safe will i start hoping who will go down.

I would be surprised if Cabaye plays against Wigan, this is a problem we have had in the past – bringing players back too early.

Our defence looks good at the minute, put that down to the brilliant Maps and great adopted local lad Tayls….

• Alan Pas-de-clue

Mar 16, 2013 at 2:34 PM

billson i feel the last couple of matches his performances have faded and i didnt watch the swansea match, my main point was that i would rather see him further back and cabaye further forward to provide

• Bambams

Mar 16, 2013 at 2:36 PM

On the Sissoko issue, a good mate of mine who i work with is ex toon goalkeeper and according to the craic in the club Sissoko is the fittest player they have ever seen !

• toonLYF

Mar 16, 2013 at 2:37 PM

Sissoko is nice like, i’d totally date him.

• Super Magpie

Mar 16, 2013 at 2:39 PM

FatmanJoe
    I’d say that 6/9 are winnable. The only game I would write off is Man City. Anything could happen against Arsenal and Liverpool.
    I’d expect us to beat Wigan,Fulham,Mackems, QPR and West ham and probably draw with WBA, although our EL involvement could have an effect.

We should be aiming for 10th and obviously to beat Benfica which will be very difficult. They haven’t lost in the league this season so we’ll be underdogs once again.

• NUFC_LEAZES END

Mar 16, 2013 at 2:40 PM

wow I wish our atmosphere at st james was as good as goodison park today!!
    that’s what I call electric

• kenzie

Mar 16, 2013 at 2:42 PM

This is good news because we will need cabs for the euro games, which by the way will be our strictest so far. A few stats, Benfica have not lost for 29 games in all competitions, are top of their league without a loss(ok i know its portugal but still) are just as capable home and away. They can score for fun, held barcelona to a draw away. If we can beat these then we have a very good chance of lifting the cup.

• Super Magpie

Mar 16, 2013 at 2:42 PM

Sissoko’s performances have dropped off a little. I think it’s because he’s basically played 90 minutes every 3/4 days for the past 6 weeks.
    The pace of the Pl is different to Ligue 1 so he could just be tired.

Hopefully he doesn’t play much for France over the next two weeks so he can get a rest.

• FatmanJoe

Mar 16, 2013 at 2:43 PM

I think we’ll struggle tomorrow. Someone pointed out earlier that Wigan always raise their game against us – probably given a pay incentive by their bitter owner!

I’d take a draw and no more injuries TBH.

The others you pointed out should be winnable but then we always play like dog turd against teams we should beat!

• Alan Pas-de-clue

Mar 16, 2013 at 2:44 PM

benfica away is going to be very very tough

• Super Magpie

Mar 16, 2013 at 2:45 PM

Leazes
    I don’t. Their fans must whinge at everything at doesn’t go their way. They act like total brats, expecting everything to go for them.

• toonLYF

Mar 16, 2013 at 2:49 PM

LEAZES…

you’ve just became my least favourite poster. Everton fans make more noise shouting at the ref than they do cheering for a goal. Bunch of mugs, i hate them more than Sunderland/Liverpool/Manu, by far.

• FatmanJoe

Mar 16, 2013 at 2:49 PM

Apart from travelling big distances I’m not sure why everyone was so overjoyed about Benfica. I think they’re one of the hardest teams left!

It would have been boring but I’d definitely have preferred Chelsea or Spurs.

At least we’ll get a bit of sunshine tho.

• Super Magpie

Mar 16, 2013 at 2:49 PM

FatmanJoe
    I expect us to win, but wouldn’t be surprised if we lost. If we turn up we’ll win. We have a better team than them. Their home form is awful so it gives us a chance to pick a rare away win.

I just hope we don’t slack off because of Thursday.

• toonLYF

Mar 16, 2013 at 2:50 PM

…you obviously don’t go to the match alot, as SJP atmosphere sh*ts all over Goodison park.

• JAMSHA

Mar 16, 2013 at 2:51 PM

man city got beatn…. huh sure we can beat the den

• JAMSHA

Mar 16, 2013 at 2:53 PM

i would have dzeko.anyday

• FatmanJoe

Mar 16, 2013 at 2:53 PM

I think we could beat citeh. They haven’t got much to play for now.

We are much better than Wigan player for player but I think Martinez is a cracking manager and will have them well organised.

We’ll see. |Should be a good game.

• JTOONJ

Mar 16, 2013 at 3:04 PM

NUFC_LEAZES END
    Do you attend matches?
    When you decide to go to one go to gallowgate end… thats electric

• NUFC_LEAZES END

Mar 16, 2013 at 3:27 PM

@toonlyf

I obviously do go to toon games……….awkward :/

there was a time when you couldn’t here managers and players screaming at each other on the pitch,
    yet this season ive heard them shouting each other many times

• NUFC_LEAZES END

Mar 16, 2013 at 3:28 PM

@jtoonj

hmmmm, I always sit in the leazes corner right next to the gallowgate,
    even the gallowgate isn’t as good as what it used to be.

• Alan Pas-de-clue

Mar 16, 2013 at 3:29 PM

we win fulham lose we can go tenth

• toonLYF

Mar 16, 2013 at 3:31 PM

the leazes is at the opposite end of the stadium to the gallowgate. Probably best you just drop the subject, as you’re making yourself look a little bit silly.

• morocco0015

Mar 16, 2013 at 3:33 PM

NUFC
    leazes corner, right next to the gallowgate, howay man you’ve got the length of the pitch between the ends ????

• NUFC_LEAZES END

Mar 16, 2013 at 3:39 PM

I meant the singing corner, my bad as the singing coner used to be in the leazes, but it was shifted down to the southeast corner, so shut ya shit

• WWYCD

Mar 16, 2013 at 3:47 PM

St James geography is a tough thing to grasp lets all just relax a bit lads. Though Everton atmosphere over Newcastle’s? Everton have been on their best season for ages and we hit a heck of a wall this season but Id say Towns noise beats out the blue scousers even considering the circumstances

• NUFC_LEAZES END

Mar 16, 2013 at 3:51 PM

@wwycd

I was only saying I wish our atmosphere would be like evertons TODAY, not saying evertons atmosphere is generally better than ours.

but you get some plebs that misread my comment, and then try to say I don’t go to games, and some even take it as far as saying they hate everton more than sunderland!

• WWYCD

Mar 16, 2013 at 3:54 PM

NUFC
    Fair play mate I didnt see their game today so I have no idea what their atmosphere was like but ours on Thursday was pretty decent (barring a few moments where frustration came out)

Personally I quite like Everton haha so I have no issue with giving them credit

• JTOONJ

Mar 16, 2013 at 3:56 PM

NUFC_LEAZES END

You’ve dug your self in a hole mate, i’d suggest you stop now, haha leazes is the opposite side to the gallowgate!

• NUFC_LEAZES END

Mar 16, 2013 at 3:59 PM

@wwycd

yeah I know, I was there.
    and evertons was great, which im not surprised at because they beat man city with 10 men,
    which if it was us that beat man city with 10 men, im sure our atmosphere would be twice as loud as theres, with 50,000 geordies roaring.

and yeah i’d prefer to see everton win games, rather than, Liverpool, man city, man utd, arsenal, and obviously sunderland,
    as they are a genuine team, a bit like us, they don’t get multimillions pumped into their team every transfer window, but still make the most of the money they get, which I respect them for 🙂

• NUFC_LEAZES END

Mar 16, 2013 at 4:00 PM

@JTOONJ

OMG !, read my comment above.