What’s The Status Of Fabricio Coloccini?

Now that we have both Massadio Haidara and Mathieu Debuchy out injured, we wonder what the status of our captain Fabricio Coloccini is.

fabricio coloccini taining

Fabricio Coloccini – still in Argentina

Fabricio injured his back in the first half against Southampton on Sunday, 24th February, when he tried that overhead kick, and did his back in, and didn’t return for the second half.

And after a few days it was revealed that the Newcastle captain could be out anywhere from three to seven weeks, and a week later he went back to Argentina to be with his family, and at the time Alan Pardew said he would be back in a week.

But we’ve heard nothing since, and we think Fabricio is still in Argentina, and apparently there is no treatment other than rest and time, to fix his back problem.

But now that we have two defenders less than at the start of the Wigan game yesterday,  it would be good to know when Colo can play again.

Three weeks to seven weeks from February 24th means that Colo could be fit anytime from last Sunday through 14th April, which is almost another four weeks – assuming the initial prognosis was accurate.

We expect (hope) we’ll get some answers on Colo’s status some time this week from Alan Pardew.

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 us on Google+:

You can also reach Ed at admin@nufcblog.com

=============================================

• t00ntime

Mar 18, 2013 at 11:22 PM

if reports are to be believe debuchy +cabaye will be fit for city. Cabaye will play for france however debuchy will come home to rest.

• Rozzy

Mar 18, 2013 at 11:28 PM

For Martinez to say Callum McManaman is not that sort of player and he will learn from his mistakes clearly havent read this match report.

Why didnt he learn from this tackle then? >:(

• AndyNUFC

Mar 18, 2013 at 11:37 PM

Seen the Mirror saying like our out of club settlement with Everton over Nolans tackle on Anichebe we could take Wigan to court…

I can’t for one second imagine Ashley letting his player become injured, lose value and pass on the chance to get money from Whelan. They hate each other. I would love to see that personally, as they deserve any punishment they get for sticking up for the scumbag.

• nick_9

Mar 18, 2013 at 11:39 PM

The look on his face when committing it and actions after the tackle are signs of the man he is or will be.

Hope debuchy is fit for next weekend. We arguably had five starting players missing when debuchy went off. Any idea when Krul is back?

• ONLINE GUY

Mar 18, 2013 at 11:45 PM

TRANSFER SAGE …

Final Post from Me.

Reporting me to Ed to get me banned from the blog …I wonder what part of my private life he reported on ..oh ..that was it I made a phone call e to the Wigan Manager this morning .. That’s my bizz OK ?

Transfer Sage guy.. My private life has nothing to do with you or ed’s Blog ok ? and as for reporting me for saying I would like to go to Wigan and sort McManaman out just like John Carver yesterday.. that’s just a thought and a feeling that one might think without any intention of doing that ..you also called me a coward for not going down to Wigan and doing it !

What a twister and bender of the truth you are ..you pick on the wrong person for what reason ..seems like you have something against me …You said I said going to fight with Mc well I never ever said that ..but that’s what you say I said ..

and as for being a Coward I’m Willing to Meet you on any spare ground and let you call me that to my face instead of attacking me from behind your keyboard .

Seems like you don’t like the truth and by carrying out your twisted take on things where you seem to make things up before starting your little debates off kind of Strawman style ..debating your spiel with your cronies ..and that’s all you do ..seems your some sort of blog guru in your own head ..with this it helps you to control your cronies and they then follow you like sheep and ganging up on anyone that dares to go against any opinion other than yours .. .

You have something against me, I know that you know that I know that you dont know much about playing the game of Football..some of your posts are laughable when it comes to the game ..you dont even talk a good game.

If this blog is all about opinions then there’s mine ..you are limited when it comes to Football and I doubt you could even explain the offside rule ? go on have a go ..without cutting and pasting mind !…

In the past you have had a go at me for what I thought were unprovoked reasons ..now I feel you have done that because you cant control me like your cronies . and maybe some jealous reason ..

Don’t bother addressing me ever again I have put up with enough of your rubbish up to now and know that you have a hidden Agenda .

As for reporting me to ED ..well just shows what can be done from behind a keyboard ..

Who’s the Coward ?

This is my final post on this matter and any other as Transfer Sage has Sickened me, reporting me for no good reason to try to get me banned ..With that I leave the blog for good ..I just cannot put up with people who have hidden Agendas be it from Jealousy or control freaks .

Reporting me to Ed ..Sheesh…trying to get me Banned ..what’s wrong ? cant take anyone else’s opinion other than your own?

There is no Bad Language in the above message.

See ya Lads.

• mattnufc

Mar 18, 2013 at 11:47 PM

Coloccini was spotted at that Argentinian team’s stadium the other day..

• Jamie McKellar

Mar 18, 2013 at 11:47 PM

does anyone know if the Benfica game will be tickets on the doors again?

• Cool Hand Luke

Mar 18, 2013 at 11:50 PM

@online guy.. calm down dear.

• tooninspain

Mar 18, 2013 at 11:52 PM

Apologies in case something similar to this has already been posted. I wouldn’t be surprised to hear that Hiadara’s injury is not as bad as was first thought, but the club won’t announce this until the FA have decided what punishment to give McManaman.I hope to God I’m right.

• numba9

Mar 18, 2013 at 11:53 PM

still cringing with that challenge, i hope haidara makes a full recovery he looks such a good prospect, impressed me more than debuchy

• Ruddy Marveaux-lous

Mar 18, 2013 at 11:54 PM

Online Guy

In Sage’s defence, you were advocating both physical and verbal abuse. You were expressing more than an opinion, some of the comments made bordered on inciting violence.

I get that you were angry but we live in a civilised society where we cannot just call up other football clubs and scream at some poor receptionist, nor should we drive down to other football clubs to “sort” people out.

Don’t really think the moral high ground is with you, in my opinion anyway.

• ONLINE GUY

Mar 18, 2013 at 11:58 PM

Ruddy it was tounge in Cheek stuff and he made it out to be fact and real..twisted it . ..I only wanted to give people the chance to give an opinion direct to Wigan ..it was up to the individual as to how the approached it ..not me.. I was as enraged as John Carver yesterday . all best anyway Ruddy see ya .

• Ruddy Marveaux-lous

Mar 19, 2013 at 12:02 AM

Online Guy

I understand how you were feeling, I’m just trying to play devil’s advocate here. It’s really hard to know if someone is being tongue in cheek online because the internet cannot display sarcasm or irony, sometimes it just comes across as black and white.

When reading your comments they seemed very geared towards physical and verbal abuse which was what I think Sage picked up on, if that is not what was intended then I get why you may be angry at Sage but at the time I thought you weren’t being tongue in cheek either.

I just didn’t see the point in aiming abuse at Wigan when we’ve young fella in hospital. Ring our club or the hospital and ask about Haidara. I guarantee it’d make you feel better.

• lesh

Mar 19, 2013 at 12:14 AM

On-line guy, a question from an observer: if your private life’s nobody’s business but you, why did you go public on this blog, about your call to Martinez?

No axe to grind but don’t you think that if a person’s business is that person’s business, it’s sometime’s best to keep it that way?

• ONLINE GUY

Mar 19, 2013 at 12:15 AM

Ruddy ..this is just a game but the reason I had a pop back at Transfer is that he was harassing me last month for some unknown reason ..and I’m wondering what the Agenda is ..also when I said I wanted to go down to Wigan And sort That B***rd McManaman out it was tounge in cheek ..like a few thousand Geordies thought but would not ever do ..He took it as though I was serious ..well I felt I was jumped on and he was just waiting for his next opportunity to jump on me from last month .when he was. having a pop for no good reason ?we can have our own opinions without falling out ..and I just feel that he knows how to turn a thought into an argument… He then calls me a Coward for not going down and Chinning him ! how’s that for twisting the story. Anyway That’s me done ..All best mate.

BTW he reported me to Ed and tried to get me Banned ..well he get’s his wish as Im leaving of my own accord but he really has sickened me by going off and reporting me to Ed asking him to ban me ..what a real Man he is . Who’s the coward ?

• lesh

Mar 19, 2013 at 12:21 AM

Hey Online, take it easy (for Ibiza’s benefit – tranquilllo), life’s too short.

• ONLINE GUY

Mar 19, 2013 at 12:23 AM

Lesh ..I was releasing a little of my Private life to the blog Re: the phone call , nothing sinister there , right? ..my choice… not for someone to report me for god knows what ..I don’t know what ..but if I call my Bank manager and give him some stick its got nothing to do with this blog and If I call the Wigan gaffer and tell him what I think.. that’s my bizz..and its also my bizz If I want to tell you about it ..dont mean I should be reported and banned for it does it ?

• Ruddy Marveaux-lous

Mar 19, 2013 at 12:23 AM

Online Guy

I’ve no knowledge of the beef you guys had last month and I’m not trying to wade into this argument either, just tossing the other side of the coin here.

I’m just saying that when I read it, personally I didn’t think it came across as tongue in cheek, it came across as very aggressive which may be what Sage was taking exception to.

Last thing, don’t let this drive you off the blog, you gave an opinion which you’re entitled to do, Sage didn’t like your opinion and aired his disagreement, which he is also entitled to do. He wasn’t to know that you were being tongue in cheek, he thought you were inciting violence (which is actually a criminal offence) and reported you to Ed.

Instead of leaving the blog, explain and defend your point.

• ONLINE GUY

Mar 19, 2013 at 12:33 AM

I just know in my heart of hearts that when I said I felt like going down to Wigan this morning and sorting out That McManaman It was only the kind of thought that you mention but dont mean in any way like a few thousand Geordies are having bad thoughts about that particular player today ..

I just know that Transfer Sage turned that on its head and created an argument out of nothing . and reported me to Ed and asked him to ban me .

TS was also having a go at me last moth or the month before ..the odd pop ..and Its as though when I make any comment I get jumped on by him ..must be something I said

Also here’s a thought and nothing to do with this story who was it that called Jimmymagpie out and doubted who he was and if he was ever telling the truth ..just a few days before Jimmy Died ? who was that ..

I want to make this my last post and say tarraa to all but might be called back if someone wants an answer to a relevant question ..

• ONLINE GUY

Mar 19, 2013 at 12:43 AM

Ruddy there are folks on this here blog that might like to be seen and heard as blog Guru..and anyone that gets in the way might be subject to some unfair debate ..and if that person also has a few cronies, followers, call them what you will, they might feel like they and they alone have opinions that mean more than any others opinion and dont like being made to look less interesting than them ..Im not saying that’s TS mind ..but just a thought.

Right Im starting to Talk Shite time to go ..All best unless otherwise called. night Ruddy.

• LeedsMag

Mar 19, 2013 at 12:46 AM

Picking up on Ed’s question, we could do with Colo back but I very much doubt we will see him again – after all the issues of wanting to be back home and now being allowed to return rather than have his injury,rehab and fitness supervised by our medics , it seems to me we have given up – maybe because things were starting to go well with Mapou and Tayls & felt we could do without – could be premature after Sunday – and with all the other results going badly – make no mistake ,we are right back in the mix

• Ruddy Marveaux-lous

Mar 19, 2013 at 12:55 AM

Online guy

On the point about jimmymagpie

If you’re implying it was Transfer Sage I’m afraid you’re wrong. I can’t remember who exactly it was but it was not him.

Anyway, hope you don’t stay away too long, you bring something different to the melting pot.

• Ruddy Marveaux-lous

Mar 19, 2013 at 12:56 AM

Final point to you Online Guy

Seems like you and Transfer Sage just need to have it out and air your grievances. Live and let live I say.

Goodnight lad.

• Jamie McKellar

Mar 19, 2013 at 1:39 AM

anyone? news on the benfica home game?

• Owldman

Mar 19, 2013 at 10:48 AM

@6 Collo, s father is a coach at that so called Argentinian stadium, he could possibly end up there in any case.I honestly dont think we will seem play for us again @ SJP LEGEND & HERO stuck with us when other rats abandoned us , great captain we were lucky to have him, I say were , because unless he has sorted out whatever problems he had I cant honestly see him coming back.

• toonbrother

Mar 19, 2013 at 12:04 PM

We’ll be fine without him. Pardew needs to bring Willo back into the fray. We cant make MYM and Saylor play 5 games in 15 days.