More Information On Haidara Injury – Good News

There is some additional information being reported on Massadio Haidara’s injury, following the McManaman horror tackle on Sunday, and it’s generally good news.

Soccer - Barclays Premier League - Wigan Athletic v Newcastle United - DW Stadium

Haidara being stretchered off on Sunday

It turns out that Massadio’s knee-cap to popped out during the tackle, and if it had stayed out, he would have been out maybe up to nine months.

But as luck would have it the knee cap popped back in, and that caused Haidara to suffer severe bruising and pain in the knee – but the prognosis on that is weeks out injured rather than months – and there is a good possibility he will return this season.

The other good news is because the injury may not be as bad as first thought, he will be able to recover completely from the injury – and that’s good news.

Haidara was at the Benton Training ground on Wednesday to meet up with his team-mates not away on International duty, and we’ll know more when he gets another scan next week.

And as we reported earlier he tweeted a big thank you to Newcastle fans from his Twitter account:

“I am getting better. I want to thank all fans for their messages of support. It really touches me.”

If you’d like to send Massadio a comforting message here is his Twitter account.

And please sign this petition to get the FA to do their job, following their disappointing decision to do nothing on McManaman’s tackle on Haidara on Sunday.

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 us on Google+:

You can also reach Ed at admin@nufcblog.com

=============================================

• i Toon

Mar 21, 2013 at 12:10 AM

Great news

• NUFC_LEAZES END

Mar 21, 2013 at 12:14 AM

repost

@toonprodigy

I get what your saying like, im crapping myself knowing that we aren’t exactly safe yet but on the other hand, its not very often we go this far in a competition, just thinking that we are 2 teams away from a final in Europe, its very much mouth watering 🙂

heres hoping raylor omes back a bit earlier, cabaye, debuchy e.t.c wont be out too long, and see if we can balance the teams right so we have a strong chance of accomplishing both task in the premier and in Europe 😛

• Oldgit1

Mar 21, 2013 at 12:20 AM

Now signed.

• Toon-Prodigy

Mar 21, 2013 at 12:45 AM

NUFC,

I’d love to see it!

It’s going to be a real task though juggling our players over this period, we can only hope for the best and support to the max.

Im not expecting anything at City, I’d love a draw, it would be a very important point. Fulham and Sunderland at home is our six points I feel.

• Jail for Ashley

Mar 21, 2013 at 1:04 AM

Would be nice to have him back for the final in Amsterdam, does this now mean Simmo could get a start or is his goose totally cooked now, if it is then it was a strange desicion keeping him in January, unless he refused to leave which is his right.

• NUFC_LEAZES END

Mar 21, 2013 at 1:08 AM

@toonprodigy

As am I only expecting 6points from Fulham and sunderland at home.
    Maybe a point away to qpr and a point against Liverpool at home.

JFA

surely simmo has to be played now,I can’t see what other options are, apart from perchinio or anita

• santonthenewmaldini

Mar 21, 2013 at 1:22 AM

God I wish now we were playing a team near the end of the season other than QPR cause it would be amazing if Wigan had to rely on us to win for them to stay up if it was any other team than QPR i would be happy for us to lie down and get beat to send them down!!!!!!

• lesh

Mar 21, 2013 at 1:38 AM

Jesus H Christ Ed, do your ever sleep or are you and number one son working shifts to provide up to date comment and info?

You all deserve more than a medal and include a special one for Mrs H. She must be very understanding, patient and have the patience of Job to put yup with you both.

I’m sure fans won’t mind if I say a big thanks to Mrs Ed who doubtless keeps you fed and watered, from us all

• Toon-Prodigy

Mar 21, 2013 at 1:43 AM

Where probably hoping Debuchy makes it for the City game and then play Simpson against Benfica?

Simpson was included in the Euro squad wasn’t he?

Im just hoping Debuchy dosn’t break down, playing after 2 weeks could aggrevate his pull and then do him for the rest of the season. Lets hope he has better hamstrings than Ben Arfa eh? haha! Total farce!

• terencelim

Mar 21, 2013 at 2:51 AM

Signed. I think the petition deserves a new thread / post. As usual FA and PGMO are trying to mess up with the club they dislike (we got 4 points from ManUtd last season) the only tool we can occupy to help ourselves is through media.

• RonVanDam

Mar 21, 2013 at 3:08 AM

Cabaye and Raylor should be back for the Man City game.

Theres no confirmed injury updates by Nufc on Santon.

Its good to know we have decent cover players in Raylor and Danny Simpson to cover LB and RB positions if Santon and Debuecy cant make the next game

• Santon03

Mar 21, 2013 at 4:37 AM

I have not commented a lot on this horror tackle, bad challenges do happen in this game intentional or not, but what I don’t like is the manner or reaction afterwards from whelan and mcmanaman, it really makes me lost any simpathy toward wigan. I hope they don’t win anymore games for the rest of the season, this time they really deserve to go down, they have been in relegation battle every season anyway.
    Some compared Anita’s challenge on Zhirkov, the difference is Zhirkov was the one doing the sliding tackle and it wasn’t full impact, Zhirkov rolled around little bit then got up straight away without having any treatment.
    mcmanaman was flying 2 footed knee high studs up, if his intention was to clear the ball, how can you clear the ball with your studs up and flying knee high when the ball position was lower than Haidara’s knee? even if he got the ball, I don’t think that way would clear the ball to safety.

• Santon03

Mar 21, 2013 at 5:08 AM

btw I love Carver’s reaction eventhough he got banned for it. It shows that he really really cares about his boys, just like a father and sons.

• TakingThePappy

Mar 21, 2013 at 5:53 AM

Good news to hear for all fans of football. If it is a light injury, Mas can count himself lucky that his career wasn’t ended

• Toon-Prodigy

Mar 21, 2013 at 6:13 AM

I think Mcmanaman can count himself very very lucky also.

Very nearly ended someones career on his premier league debut. And he quite easily could have by the way.

He would never of lived that down. Never.

Very lucky boy, probably the most outrageous (tackle) follow through I’ll ever witness in the Premier League.

It will affect him alot aswell. Lets hope he has learnt his lesson.

• cyprus

Mar 21, 2013 at 6:55 AM

Is Santon injured too? Back to bare bones squad? Anyway, even if we display Shearer (legend player – s— coach) level form (5 points last 8 games), we will end up with 38 points, which should be enough. Why? Because there are a lot of teams below or around us. This means that they must ALL go on good runs, while we slump. This, reasonably, cannot happen.
    Having said that, surely we can win 2 games out of the remaining 8?

• geordiemark

Mar 21, 2013 at 7:00 AM

excellent news about the young lad

toon prodigy

dont think he will ever learn hes done this twice now he will do it again then see what the FA do about it also I reckon dave whelan should really gan to speck savers or better still buy the space hubble telescope his eyesites gone to pot 🙂

• Toon-Prodigy

Mar 21, 2013 at 7:10 AM

GeordieMark,

I think it would of hit home this time with the carry on it’s caused. No doubt about it, this young lad would of had a hell of a week. Nobody wants a home debut like that.

Not quite the stir he would of wanted to cause, nor the name he wanted to create for himself either. He is just a young lad at the end of the day.

He’s a very lucky boy all the same.

Hoping for some good news on the injury front today!

• geordiemark

Mar 21, 2013 at 7:17 AM

yes I agree with you toon prodigy, the thing is here the FA could have nipped this right in the bud and delt with it in the right way but didnt, if we stay and wigan do as well just think what will happen wigan come to st james park I dont think they will play him really but it wont stop the toon fans venting there anger towards wigan players, manager, and owner in fact id ban there owner

• Toon-Prodigy

Mar 21, 2013 at 7:27 AM

That Wigan chairman Whelan has embarrased himself and the club, there will always be bad blood between the two clubs now. It should be vented at him though.

The FA are not even worth speaking about really. If this wasn’t an extreme circumstance then I don’t know what is? The Ref missed it, the linesman missed the full force of it. Yet everyone else in the stadium knew how bad it was.

We should of had three points there. They should of been down to ten men after 23 mins or so and plus there goal should of been disallowed?

Sad sad day, sad sad week.

Hopefully some good news today 🙂

• Transfer Sage

Mar 21, 2013 at 7:32 AM

Well lets start the day on a positive note. Just heard that there is the same amount, if not more, work going into the summer transfers as January.

I’ve heard the club will be looking to bring in 5/6 players during the summer in a similar mold to Jan. So a few right into the first team then some like haidara who will be very very good squad players as they develop.

• Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand

Mar 21, 2013 at 7:50 AM

Transfer….That is some good news. I imagine there will be some outgoing too, any idea whether whether that is included in that 5/6 figure?

Ginger..(From last night)….I think at £15m he would be good value, however, I think Chelsea paid something around €12m (roughly £10m at the time), still not sure they’d want to sell for that sort of figure, nor that we would spend it….he’ll be a great player though imo.

• Transfer Sage

Mar 21, 2013 at 7:58 AM

Ibiza

The lukaku deal can rise to 20mil euros with add ons as well so if they include goals/games for chelsea they might sell this summer (if they aren’t sure on him) to save themselves the 8mil euros they will have to pay out.

I heard that was just incoming not outgoing. I imagine there will be some outgoing though to keep the wage bill and squad size under control.

I think people like gosling, obertan, simpson, and a couple others too. Some of the lads like fergie, tav, sammy might be going back out on loan again.

• Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand

Mar 21, 2013 at 8:08 AM

TS…Didn’t know that about the Lukaku deal, so maybe they may look to offload him. Still, I would imagine there would be a few clubs in for him and would be surprised to see him go for £15m.

Shame Gosling hasn’t been able to stay fit at the club, I always envisaged him being a Guthrie type player, which is useful to any squad. But given the amount of time he’s been available it probably is best to say goodbye. Simmo is as good as gone. I think if they can recoup some money on Obertan then they will.

I guess Colo will be going as well thinking about it. Should be a busy summer all things being equal, hope it’s a good one, I’m sure a big factor in our success last season was the general buzz of excitement from what we were building.

• Transfer Sage

Mar 21, 2013 at 8:16 AM

Ibiza

Everything I see in media or hear is that chelsea love Lukaku so I can’t see him leaving at all. He is expected to be the next drogba for them, big, quick, powerful, skilful enough, good finisher, good in the air….an all round good player. So I dont think they would sell cheap or at all (but if they did it would be this summer I think to avoid those extra payments).

Yeh I forgot about Colo. Hopefully we get alderweild or sakho, that level to replace him then offload willo too for somebody like mirin, young but good enough deputy (unless that mbabu has come on enough to be 4th choice).

Gosling never impressed for me, looked promising at everton but since his injury before he joined us he has never had chance to get back to that level, never mind kick on the 2/3 years he should have done by now.

I expect PEA….no 100% obviously but he seems the target and with Ashley watching him there must be at least some discussions going on, whether they are fruitful or not we don’t know yet, but must have some chance if Ashley has travelled.

• Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand

Mar 21, 2013 at 8:19 AM

TS…That’s where I am at with things to be honest, from Lukaku to Colo to Willo to Gosling to PEA and finally to Ashley and it not being 100% 🙂

That was easy. I think I’m on the wrong blog.

• Transfer Sage

Mar 21, 2013 at 8:24 AM

ibiza

Yeh there is very little arguing going…we may have to leave if we keep getting on.

• Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand

Mar 21, 2013 at 8:27 AM

TS…Then I may well be off whilst the going is good. Have a good one.

• Transfer Sage

Mar 21, 2013 at 8:30 AM

Ibiza

You too.

Very quiet this morning from everyone

• one Tony Green

Mar 21, 2013 at 8:36 AM

@ TS excuse my ignorance is Mbabu meant to be Mbiwa if so he is better than Colo now and way better than S Taylor. Colo was abysmal in his first season and Mbiwa has settled very quickly and is quicker and better ball player than either Saylor or Colo. Agree about Sakho he is a beast of a player.

As for Lukaku yes please.

• Tinman

Mar 21, 2013 at 8:37 AM

Come on guys you seriously think Chelsea would offload Lukaku? He may cost them 20 or so million now, but if he develops at even half the rate he has been he will be one of the most dangerous centre forwards in the game. The lad has it all. He could easily be worth 30million+ in 2-3 seasons.

Anyone read the Haidara interview? Lad speaks so well, sounds like an intelligent young man. Makes you feel even worse for him. Glad he is going to be back sooner rather than later.

• geordiemark

Mar 21, 2013 at 8:41 AM

think we could do with some english players, yes I know there expensive but looking at the lower leagues might pick some good players up

• Tinman

Mar 21, 2013 at 8:47 AM

GeordieMark, I agree with you, it would be nice to have some more English players in our team. Where can you see them playing though?

Only positions I can honestly see where a young english player would fit in are on the wing and centre defence.
    It seems Campbell is going to be our striking prospect.
    We have too much competition in midfield for a young englishman to come in.
    With Collo leaving we are going to be short a CB and we all know how injury prone Taylor is.
    Similarly to the wings, Jonas isnt going to play there very often next season and HBA seems to be very injury prone.

• one Tony Green

Mar 21, 2013 at 8:47 AM

The British players have been priced out of the market look at what
    Carroll, Henderson, Downing, Fletcher, Rodwell and Whickham have been sold for and not one of them made any impact on the Premier league.

• Transfer Sage

Mar 21, 2013 at 8:51 AM

one tony green

No I mean Kevin Mbabu, that 17 year old CB we signed at the end of January. Agree with you on Mbiwa, he is a very good player and will only get better I think.

Tinman

Don’t think chelsea would sell lukaku, more just wishful thinking. Talk they don’t even want him back on loan at west brom, they want him back next year.

• Tinman

Mar 21, 2013 at 8:51 AM

Whats anyones view on Yannick Bolasie?

• ajcrawfs

Mar 21, 2013 at 8:51 AM

british players are expensive because of simple economics, supply and demand.

There simple isn’t enough good english players so when one does come along the price is high, even for average players.

hopefully the new systems introduced will have an impact on this and we will get more players like Wilshire

• Transfer Sage

Mar 21, 2013 at 8:55 AM

With Brtiish players you really need to sign them when they are young, 14-18 really to get value.

Even then the top ones like bale, walcott, chamberlain etc are expensive even at a young age.

• Tinman

Mar 21, 2013 at 8:58 AM

Exactly he will be playing a lot of games for them next season. He has definately got more goals in him than Torres!

I have high hopes for Mbabu. Mbiwa has settled fantastically as well. No one talks about Streete anymore?