Haidara A Class Act – No Ligament Damage – God On His Side

I was alerted by my son Neil, on the latest news about Massadio Haidara, and his interview this afternoon with the Evening Chronicle, and Neil said Massadio is a class act, and after reading what the Frenchman has said – – I agree.

Massadio Haidara metalist

Massadio Haidara – no ligament damage – fantastic news

And the really great news is that the Frenchman has suffered no knee ligament damage – which is simply fantastic news – and almost a miracle.

This is what Massadio Haidara said today:

“I underwent some further tests yesterday morning.” “The ligaments in the knee are undamaged.” “It’s a massive relief.” “I was very worried when it happened.”

“I thought he’d broken my leg or smashed up my knee.” “The pain was unbearable, I couldn’t bend my knee. It was really horrible.” But, God was on my side.”

“I remember it all. I can still see it in my mind’s eye.” “The ball came to me, I controlled it.” “I thought I had the time to run around him but he came at me like a bullet.”

“It all went so fast. I didn’t think he’d tackle me, especially not above the knee.” “And then I felt his studs crash into my knee and remember feeling excruciating pain.” “I was in so much pain I couldn’t think of anything.” “I was so shocked.”

“I still am actually.” “When, afterwards, you think of everything.” “I told myself that perhaps I’d never be able to play football again or that I’d be able to play but never with the same level of ability.”

“It was a tough time. Once I was in the ambulance.” “I started to think of my family. I knew my brother was watching the match live.”

“Yesterday I was told McManaman wanted to speak with me. For the time being, we haven’t talked.” “There is a language barrier but I think we will try to meet up next week with an interpreter.”

“At the time, I was very angry. I thought he’d ended my career. Now, I know I escaped a serious injury, I have taken time to stand back from it and I am not angry. I simply hope that it will serve as a lesson for him and the next time he will think twice before making a tackle like that.”

“I hope, when he watched it back, he told himself that wasn’t who he really was.”

These are great words from our left back.

In short this is great news on Masssadio, and we are so pleased he has not suffered a really serious injury that would have kept him out of the game for up to a year.

It really is close to a miracle – and that’s good news.

Let’s rephrase that – it’s fantastic news.

And please sign this petition to get the FA to do their job, following their ridiculous decision to do nothing on McManaman’s tackle on Haidara on Sunday

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 us on Google+:

You can also reach Ed at admin@nufcblog.com

=============================================

• ichrisho

Mar 21, 2013 at 5:08 PM

God is on the Toon Army’s side!!!!! Delighted 🙂

• JackButler

Mar 21, 2013 at 5:14 PM

Amazing news that the lads knee is in one piece, really thought he’d be out for a very long time.
    Still hope the FA wake up and realise just how poorly they are viewed in the eye’s of all football fans

• MacToon

Mar 21, 2013 at 5:14 PM

Great news and great words from Haidara. I hope the FA have time to view his comments and realise it’s not just physical damage but there’s mental damage caused by suck a reckless tackle.

• eplforecast

Mar 21, 2013 at 5:15 PM

What a classy player…

I hope he gets back to full fitness because that tackle would have ruined many a footballer’s career

Wigan need to sort their crap out – and I hope they go down for the good of the Premiership. Boring team, and noone would miss them anyway

McManaman is a THUG and has shown to be a repeat offender. Referees in the Premier League need to be less racist and biased. Tiote would have been sent off for that challenge even if the referee didn’t see it.

• veto

Mar 21, 2013 at 5:17 PM

thought it was a career ending one myself , i was winded after watching it and couldnt get my head back in the game form thinking about the lad , had that been the last time he was to kicka ball professionally it would have beena sad day

• MacToon

Mar 21, 2013 at 5:18 PM

Must admit I’m hoping for QPR, Villa and now Wigan to be bottom 3 end of this season!

• geordiemark

Mar 21, 2013 at 5:22 PM

excellent news about the lad, think the coward will be closely watched from now on not by just fans but also refs as well and tv the jury is out on the coward, other premire league players will not like that he got away with that tackle just watch what happens

I hope we stay up and wigan do because i cant wait for the game at st james park 🙂

• JackButler

Mar 21, 2013 at 5:23 PM

After Dave Whelan’s very ill times and thoughtless comments (especially when his own career was ended by a poor challenge) Wigan have lost a lot of support and I hope we finally see the back of them come May

I hope QPR go down simply because of the Harry factor and the way that they throw money around and Sunderland for obvious reasons

Villa have stuck with youth and for that reason I hope they stay up

• geordiemark

Mar 21, 2013 at 5:24 PM

eplforecast

I agree tiote would have seen red for that any other newcastle would have seen red and I still think that game was currupt from start to finish

• El Sleeve

Mar 21, 2013 at 5:25 PM

what a class act

• JackButler

Mar 21, 2013 at 5:26 PM

Can you imagine the outcry if Barton had made that challenge???

• geordiemark

Mar 21, 2013 at 5:29 PM

I read in another article that guti said that colo should be back in the next 2 weeks looking at the mail I can now see what guti means http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2296952/Fabricio-Coloccini-singing-terraces-Argentina-video.html
    if we can get colo back with mbiwa and taylor thats the perfect 3 at the back we can get

• MacToon

Mar 21, 2013 at 5:29 PM

Barton would have been banned for life (depending on the team he was playing for) and maybe Villa to survive the drop as Reading are doing everything in their power to get relegated, other than that I’d agree with the reasons for QPR n Wigan.

• NUFCarter

Mar 21, 2013 at 5:36 PM

I would be worried if god was on mcmanamans side to be honest

• JackButler

Mar 21, 2013 at 5:37 PM

The sad fact if that certain players are charged because of reputation alone instead of the reality of their wrong doings.
    I don’t care how old Callum McManaman is or whether he’s done that type of thing before and to right it off as over exuberance is pathetic. What he did was threaten a fellow Professionals career and how the hell he gets away with it is simply baffling to everyone.

As a club we have conducted ourselves with dignity and a level of class that has embarrassed Wigan

• EastEndMagpie

Mar 21, 2013 at 5:47 PM

@veto

agreed mate, i couldn’t either, and to be fair, it was credit to the lads and pardew for being able to put up such a good performance in the sencond half, only to be wrongfully robbed of any points, im sure the injury was worrying the lads and playing on there minds, the look on sissoko’s face as he watched massaido get stretchered of says a million words to be honest,

Im just ashamed of our F.A and so dissapointed for massaido that the guy has and will receive no punishment at all, shambolic and a disgrace.

of subject, santons comments where interesting today, one thing i do know tohugh, if milan want him there gonna have to pay proper money for him, 10-15 mill? really would hate to see santon leave though, i think he’s a great player, going to be very interesting in the summer as to weather our board stand firm and aim to build on what we have and go for top 6, or use our jan signings as an excuse to sell our big boys… eg, sell santon, and argue that haidara will replace him, sissoko – cabaye (i know they arent the same position but could see the board saying “moussa can easily adapt his position to ease the loss of cabaye”, genuinely think big big things are round the corner, if only we can keep this team! genuinely praying lol

• Munster Mag

Mar 21, 2013 at 5:59 PM

Wigan boring? Dont tell that to the Martinez fans who want this one dimensional coach who never gets his team near mid table competitiveness to take over from Pardew. The only times he gets a concerted response from his team is when they face relegation. He cant motivate – obviously – from Sept – /Feb!! Overrated…..

• Hatem's better than Messi

Mar 21, 2013 at 6:00 PM

Where was God when the tackle happened?

• Munster Mag

Mar 21, 2013 at 6:01 PM

Wonder what would have happened if that tackle had been on a key englishman – eg Gerrard or Rooney. Wigan would apologise to Fergie all day long! Scum.

• robin

Mar 21, 2013 at 6:03 PM

The Northeast, needs the big three in the Premier league NUFC, SAFC and the Boro. As it keeps three southern teams in the Championship. Anyone who disagrees is a idiot or a cockney or both!

• Hatem's better than Messi

Mar 21, 2013 at 6:07 PM

I enjoy the derby games but the occasional relegation is very pleasant too.

They have a really bad run in. If Wigan can get it together I can see the scum going down.

• yo-yo

Mar 21, 2013 at 6:08 PM

EastEnd

Keep the faith !

I think we’ll bring in starting players in a 1 for 1 basis if anyone leaves – as well as strengthening the attack

• Hatem's better than Messi

Mar 21, 2013 at 6:09 PM

Check this out can’t see them getting many points …

• roshan MAGPIE

Mar 21, 2013 at 6:14 PM

does anyone here play fifa 13 online on ps3 if so please reply

• WWYCD

Mar 21, 2013 at 6:14 PM

Glad for Haidara and some intelligent words from him I hope now we move on and McManaman is left to footballing karma

• jayphoto

Mar 21, 2013 at 6:15 PM

Dont agree robin! Boro’ support is poor, id hate to see them back in the premier league! Wouldnt want the mackems to drop tho, ideally love to see them finish 17th each season! Would love to see Leeds United, Sheffield Wednesday and Notts Forrest back in the PL though! Proper football clubs, great away days!

• Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand

Mar 21, 2013 at 6:22 PM

Not sure what I’m more impressed by. The general attitude of all our new players or the fact the club managed to recruit all these players with such a refreshing outlook. Either way, it’s a credit to NUFC.

Really pleased it’s not as bad as originally feared, it seems everyone from the player to all us fans certainly thought he would be out a while. Top news.

Robin…Why would cockneys care about all the teams South of us? Cockneys do not represent the whole south of England. However, I am all up for more derby games, don’t see Boro making it back anytime soon though.

Roshan…I do. Bet you can’t guess my username?

Munster…Who is still calling for Martinez? *Shakes head*

• lualua17

Mar 21, 2013 at 6:32 PM

@eplforecast I agree however I don’t believe it is because the referees are racist that McManaman went unpunished I believe it is because there is an anti-Newcastle bias with the FA. Look at the HBA tackle De Jong got off scott free aswell.

• DokToon

Mar 21, 2013 at 6:36 PM

if god is a toon fan, then we know who supports manure… anyone need a hint? (its in their name, lol)

great news on haidara…

• roshan MAGPIE

Mar 21, 2013 at 6:50 PM

does anyone here play fifa 13 online on ps3 if so please reply .

• roshan MAGPIE

Mar 21, 2013 at 6:51 PM

does anyone here play fifa 13 online on ps3 if so please reply .,

• Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand

Mar 21, 2013 at 6:51 PM

roshan…Should I take that personally then?

• Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand

Mar 21, 2013 at 6:51 PM

and Dok…What the devil are you talking about good sir?

• roshan MAGPIE

Mar 21, 2013 at 6:51 PM

does anyone here play fifa 13 online on ps3 if so please reply .,.

• roshan MAGPIE

Mar 21, 2013 at 6:54 PM

ibiza I challenge you

• Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand

Mar 21, 2013 at 6:54 PM

roshan…Challenge accepeted then. Is this a challenge to guess my username. Got to warn you it’s a brain tester.

• roshan MAGPIE

Mar 21, 2013 at 6:55 PM

btw how to invite you to play with me

• Ibizatoon - Back by popular demand

Mar 21, 2013 at 6:55 PM

Might want to have included a ? in there somewhere…oh well.

• roshan MAGPIE

Mar 21, 2013 at 6:56 PM

its to play fifa not to guess your user name

• DokToon

Mar 21, 2013 at 6:56 PM

red devils… ibiza, red devils….