Haidara – That Tackle Could Have Ended My Career

Massadio Haidara has talked again about his injury, or more accurately about the disgraceful tackle that Wigan’s McManaman was allowed to get away with,  as the FA once again have skirted their duties and done absolutely nothing about it – which is simply a disgrace.

Massadio Haidara metalist 98

Massadio Haidara in action on his debut against Metalist Kharkiv

The Newcastle defender had significant bruising caused by his knee cap popping out – but he was very lucky because it went straight back in again.

If it hadn’t the medics are saying he could have been out for nine months – but now the hope is that lad can play even before the end of the season – what a relief that would be.

This is what the 20 year-old had to say today:

“His tackle could have ended my career and ruined my life, but in the end he will play before me. “We have to protect the players. I don’t want to change the physical mentality…but we can’t tolerate tackles like this one.”

The French full-back has been thankful of the great support he has received from Newcastle fans, and if you want to send him a message here’s his Twitter account.

The good news in all of this, is that it seems he is not as badly injured as first thought, and certainly the lad’s mood is improving as he realizes he still has a career in football and at Newcastle.

We’ll know more next week when he has another scan on his knee, and we’re hoping there is no ligament damage, and if that’s the case it’s almost a miracle how Massadio escaped serious injury.

And to think the tackle that could have ended his career has gone completely unpunished by both the match officials and the English FA, and that’s almost a scandal..

So please sign this petition to get the FA to start doing their job, following their disappointing decision to do nothing on McManaman’s tackle – we must get them to change their attitudes on these things and have something good come out of this.

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 us on Google+:

You can also reach Ed at admin@nufcblog.com

=============================================

• Tinman

Mar 21, 2013 at 9:05 AM

Look forwards to seeing you back Massadio!

Yep. I have decided. We should sign Yannick Bolasie.

• Transfer Sage

Mar 21, 2013 at 9:09 AM

tinman

Never heard of him let alone seen him. Just had a quick look on his wikipedia but no idea what he is like.

What is the guy like?

• Rotonda heights

Mar 21, 2013 at 9:11 AM

santonthenewmaldini

There’s never a good enough reason to lie down for any team. It may not be Pardew’s philosophy but I’ve always believed you should try to win every game. Otherwise what’s the point when you can still get caught in the 93rd minute if pla.ying for a 0-0 draw

• Tinman

Mar 21, 2013 at 9:11 AM

He is a pacey, skillful winger. Born in Lyon but has lived in England all his life pretty much. He is 23 but was still playing semi professional a few years ago. I only recognised him because he was on Soccer AM a month or so ago.

Plays for Crystal Palace, a lot of fans think he is their player of the season. He is very similar to Zaha in the position he plays and the way he plays.

• Charlie in the Gallowgate

Mar 21, 2013 at 9:14 AM

Previous thread on English players

In my eyes basically not good enough.

They are frightened to express themselves.

All you here from coaches is:
    He’s got a good engine, gives 110% – no such thing as 110%.
    Chase back, get rid of the ball

COULD BE
    If the kids were allowed to just play football at an early age.
    Take Gasgoine for example do you think anyone could coach him his skills – NO – but hell they could coach it out of him

• Wandering Geordie

Mar 21, 2013 at 9:14 AM

Newcastles future captain

German Pezella..Get this guy at all costs

• Lilongwe Geordie

Mar 21, 2013 at 9:16 AM

From the previous thread, Chelsea may not have too much choice when it comes to Lukaku. If they sign Falcao for 50mill +/- then he would be number one. He doesn’t pick up many injuries and has played the majority of games everywhere he has gone. That leaves Lukaku at best, 2nd choice, but with Ba and maybe Torres still there (I’d expect Torres to be part ex in a Falcao deal) it is even more muddled.

Lukaku has already said he needs to play to progress and hated not playing in his first season there. He will at minimum want a loan deal, but Falcao could be there for 4/5 years at top level yet, so why not push for a permanent move?

Having said that, there will be no shortage of top clubs lining up for him…. Couldn’t see him joining us unless it was a loan.

• Transfer Sage

Mar 21, 2013 at 9:17 AM

Rotonda

I think you need to play for the win in games too.

There is a dfference though in going out and playing for a 0-0 and what we do.

I think Pardew does set us up too negative, I would like to see us be a bit more exapnsive and ‘defend’ by pushing teams back and making them sit deep to worry about us. Defending and attacking together as oppose to two seperate moves as we currently do (if that is worded well, not sure).

But I do think Pardew ges for the win. It may not be pretty all the time but it’s what he thinks is msot effective, keep a clean sheet and get the odd goal or two to get a win. It might not be our best strategy, hard to say for sure until we see us play an expansive game, but it’s his philosophy on football.

We do keep the ball on the floor and pass much better now but the reluctance to push enough forward limits our effectiveness in attack too.

• Rotonda heights

Mar 21, 2013 at 9:20 AM

county down magpie

Speak for yourself

I’d have Martinez over Pardew any day.
    He’s never got any team relegated, or had 2 worst losing streaks in their history at us and West Ham, or taken a team from the EPL to the bottom 3 of the championship.

Plus Martinez’s teams play football and try to win every game even with very limited resources and having to always sell players to survive.

I know everyone is anti Wigan at the moment, but it’s more about a pathetic chairman and a thug player. Given the players we have Martinez would make us a joy to watch, not the one shot at goal in 90 mins team we are now.

• cyprus

Mar 21, 2013 at 9:20 AM

How come he didn’t get punished, retrospectively? My guess is they found out that he’s ok.

• Tinman

Mar 21, 2013 at 9:21 AM

Lilongwe, I just cant see Chelsea forking out 50m for Falcao. Roman is probably still fizzing about the last time he spent 50m on a striker. Lukaku will be playing games for Chelsea next year.
    On another note, do you live in Lilongwe?

Charlie, watch a Palace game, Yannick Bolasie will show you how to ‘express yourself’

• Transfer Sage

Mar 21, 2013 at 9:21 AM

catchy

Yeh I think we coach kids wrong over here. I have a brother who plays for under 12’s side and the coaches even in this little local league are so obssessed with winning it’s all about getting the biggest kids or quickest ones in to give them an advantage over technicaly superior players but still young and small so can’t compete with the bigger ones.

At that level it should be about skill and making them technically good players, obviously need the balance but currently its not the right balance.

• Lilongwe Geordie

Mar 21, 2013 at 9:23 AM

As for English/British players, there are very few worth going after imo. Middlesbrough regularly bring good players through, so I’d take a look at some of their lads. Reach in particular, but Friend, and Main looked good, but doubt he is good enough to step up again. Brum are struggling financially so cherry picking from them could be done. Personally I’d take Redmond from them. Maguire at the Piggies (sheff U) is a decent young defender. Past that I’m not really sure…. Actually, there is a lot of hype for the young Derby midfielder, Will Hughes(?) I think he is called.

Top youngsters from City/Chelsea will be looking for routes to first team footy not blocked by multi million pound signings.

• Transfer Sage

Mar 21, 2013 at 9:25 AM

rotonda

I know what you mean about martinez. He has a style which is pleasing on the eye. I don’t think wigan fans ever go home bored, maybe annoyed and embarassed after some defeats but never a dull moment.

I do think he is over rated (not massively, and hard to tell till he has a better job), with the squad he has he should be around the level or norwich or west ham in the league really.

For me though he has shown no ability to adapt to the oppositon. They are not barcelona so they cannot only have one way to play as some teams will wak all over them.

Sometimes you have to sacrifice style for substance, especially when in the position wigan usually are.

• Toon-Prodigy

Mar 21, 2013 at 9:29 AM

Cyprus, that may have something to do with it aye.

If he had snapped his leg in 6 places. The F.A would look a hell of alot more silly than they already do today I would of thought.

• Lilongwe Geordie

Mar 21, 2013 at 9:31 AM

Tinman,

I don’t think they will spend 50mill, I’d expect around 10-15 of that to be part ex in Torres, or Courtois. Torres is still highly thought of at Athletico, despite the last few years. I do think they will go all out to get him, Roman loves the odd big signing and I think he will be going all out to make it him this summer.

Yeah, live out in Lilongwe, have done for a while now. Work out here in business development in agriculture.

• nufc_eire

Gutierrez
    Coloccini
    Gosling
    Obertan
    Ryan Taylor
    Simpson

Would cost us net i’s say 40million but you could win the title with that squad (and before anyone says I know there’s not a snowballs chance in hell of this happening!)

• Tinman

Mar 21, 2013 at 9:37 AM

Lilongwe

Yeah thats a good point to be honest. I never thought of Nandos value in Spain, I think he could get back to his old self over there.

Spent a year working in Botswana, had the oppurtunity to travel around the surrounding countries. Malawi is a beutiful place, I loved it when I was over there. Enjoy and all the best!

• Charlie in the Gallowgate

Mar 21, 2013 at 9:37 AM

Tinman
    He was born in Lyon, don’t know when he came to this country.

Probably started kicking a football around in France joining junior clubs over there where they allow kids to express themselves.

Agree with Transfer Sage on over here coaches seem to want the biggest, fastest, and I add ‘hardest’ along with win at all costs

• sweendog

Mar 21, 2013 at 9:37 AM

Wandering Geordie .. good shout mind you check out the name of the commentator at 1:44 … diego fu*ks .. what a name

• Benji84

Mar 21, 2013 at 9:38 AM

Guys i know this has been spoken to death but its the first time i have had a change to write on here.
    How the hell does Nani get a red card in the CL and he does not get anything? Also it was the linesman that saw it were the hell was he positioned to not say anything was wrong? Normal linesman are the worst to flag anything? Im so confused about everything. Can you guys please help me explain all of this thanks

• Tinman

Mar 21, 2013 at 9:39 AM

nufc_eire, heres to dreaming!

• sweendog

Mar 21, 2013 at 9:39 AM

• Tinman

Mar 21, 2013 at 9:42 AM

Charlie, have read he was 7 months old.

However I do know what you are talking about. When I was playing through Junior levels we had a decent team but seriously lacked size. The teams from the town would just come with their bearded 13 year olds and try to kick us around. Still used to win a few cups though.

• Toon-Prodigy

Mar 21, 2013 at 9:43 AM

Lads check this, just for a change of subject if you will..

In regards to Colo,

There is a few of my workmates saying he’s not coming back..

Thoughts on this?

Coloccini
    Gosling
    Obertan
    Simpson

• Toon-Prodigy

Mar 21, 2013 at 9:45 AM

My work mates are not part of that website by the way, or have they written that article.

They are seperate individuals

• Tinman

Mar 21, 2013 at 9:49 AM

Prodigy I read that too. I do love a conspiracy theory too. Have a feeling he will come back for the last home match.

• Stephen Keegan

Mar 21, 2013 at 9:50 AM

with ranger gone and If Simpson leaves and williamson is moved on where does that leave us with homegrown players? would like to see us move for some young English talent with potential to break into the starting 11

• PAULNUFC

Mar 21, 2013 at 9:50 AM

I ASK MY FELLO POSTERS THIS IF NEWCASTLE ARE SAFE BUY THE TIME WE PLAY QPR AND WIGAN NEED NEWCASTLE TO BEAT QPR TO STAY UP WHAT THEN . WILL NEWCASTLE PLAY THE YOUTH TEAM. ONLY A JOKE BUT I BET WIAGAN AND THE FA MIGHT JUST BE IN A FLAP IF IT PANS OUT THAT WAY

• Transfer Sage

Mar 21, 2013 at 9:52 AM

Nothing too suspicious as the article tries to suggest.

Ben arfa was left to recover in france so why not colo in argentina especially when he needed to be home for personal reasons too.

Standing and waving your hands isn’t that extreme an activity, hardly like he was down the beach surfing.

The fact he walked around for a bit with a back injury and played on a while shows it can’t be a bad break and he is mobile enough.

Making something out of nothing really there. And as for him going into the corner being unusual…well colo always has taked risks and the back and messed around, especially when enrique and jonas were that side too. He always held the ball and tried to play out.

• Lilongwe Geordie

Mar 21, 2013 at 9:53 AM

On Martinez, I think his teams play good technical football, but that is about it. He doesn’t seem to be able to motivate or get that extra bit out of his players until they are knee deep in sh*t. I think more than anything Martinez would make an excellent coach or assistant, and is an average manager. But I think Pardew is more the other way round, his players seem to want to play for him. They have said so in the past, and players who have left have said the same. Tactically, he gets it wrong and is too negative some (most) of the time, with the odd exception. Again, he is nothing better than an average manager.

I wouldn’t swap one for the other, but nor am I saying that I want to keep Pards necessarily. There were signs of initial improvements with the new boys, but the last few games have been lacklustre. Take Cabaye away/not fully fit and we look a shadow of the team. I’m willing to stick with Pards for now, but we must keep showing improvements.

I’ll not harp on about my views on the coaching again, it is poor and needs updating/improving. That is key to the future of the youngsters coming through as well as first team.

• Charlie in the Gallowgate

Mar 21, 2013 at 9:56 AM

Tinman
    Cheers for that – seems the football psychee of the country needs to change

Stephen Keegan
    Find some home grown players that are not stupid money to buy

• Charlie in the Gallowgate

Mar 21, 2013 at 10:02 AM

Previous Thread
    Tinman
    Cheers for that – seems the football/coaching psychee of the country needs to change

Stephen Keegan
    Find some home grown players that are not stupid money to buy

• Stephen Keegan

Mar 21, 2013 at 10:05 AM

How many homegrown players do we need in the squad? I understand pretty much all homegrown players prices are inflated but we may have to pay if we the youngsters don’t materialize, is it 8 in the squad?
    Jammal Lacelles and Tom Ince spring to mind as they are probably looking for a move to the prem, surely Lesott for 4mill looks appealing

• martoon

Mar 21, 2013 at 10:19 AM

Toon-Prodigy – that article is absolute b*ll*cks. I know somebody who was present at his scan and I can tell you he could hardly move then.

• barkintoonfan9

Mar 21, 2013 at 11:19 AM

Sign the petition everyone help haidara and the way football is run in the future

• istiaktuhin999

Mar 21, 2013 at 12:22 PM

great blogger………..

play strategy online games: http://www.darkagewars.com