Let’s Get The FA To Do Their Job – Sign The Petition

One of our avid readers – Anthony Knowles of Cramlington – was so incensed about the FA’s refusal to look into the McManaman tackle on Massadio Haidara, that he has started a petition.

haidara tackle

This tackle could have ended Haidara’s career – fact

And as Anthony says – while it may not come to anything  we have to try to do something on behalf of Massadio Haidara and English football, so that this scenario never happens again.

That tackle could have ended Haidara’s career and the FA do nothing about it – shame on them – and of course they have a long history of shirking their responsibilities.

We need a lot of signatures – 5,000 – so please sign the petition here.

And also let your friends and colleagues know about the petition, and let’s have something positive come out of this.

Many thanks.

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 us on Google+:

You can also reach Ed at admin@nufcblog.com

=============================================

• Toon-Prodigy

Mar 21, 2013 at 10:58 AM

Alreet Tads,

I like Santon, he’s a good player. And your right about injuries this season, our back four has been changed so many times it’s a joke.

If I could choose though i’d have a more experienced left back who Santon could learn alot from. No doubt about it though, Santons come on alot this season. He is doing very well. Just lacking that experience i think at the minute.

martoon, (notice the small m) ; )

I don’t think for one second Colo feigned an injury mate. That would be a major conspiracy, not one I’d go for though. The rumour is that he may not be coming back. I just put it up for a secondary discussion. My eyes are bleeding from all the Haidara and FA talk since Sunday.

Transfer,

Obviously it’s all just rumours. Im sure Colo will be back for one last hoorah against Arsenal. But Then again I couldn’t bet against NUFC for just letting him go. I would like it if Colo said goodbye though. Can’t say i’d be mightly impressed if this was it.

Oh, and I seen you sent get well wishes from the blog to Haidara. Good on you fella, Lovley touch.

• G

Mar 21, 2013 at 10:58 AM

It might actually be working, seems to be lots of support for this at a national level:

• Spreadthetoon

Mar 21, 2013 at 11:01 AM

signed and sealed!

• Transfer Sage

Mar 21, 2013 at 11:03 AM

prodigy

No probem, happy to help a young player who might need a confidence boost, lets him know he joined the right club too. Ed gave his go ahead too so thought I might as well.

With santon I think he was a very god defender at inter, mourinho is a defensive manager (until he was forced to change at real) he likes his defenders to defend first and foremost so Santon must be able to do it to get into his inter team who were winning everything at the time.

I think he just switches off with us. He clearls clumsily and doesn’t get back quick enough as wellas going forward too much. He does do a decent job though, it’s not all doom and gloom for me on him. Definitely worth a go further forward, will offer more than jonas or obertan for end product I think.

• G

Mar 21, 2013 at 11:03 AM

I know I’m probably preaching at the converted here, but I hope everybody is using their twitter / facebook feeds to publicise this too?

• Toon-Prodigy

Mar 21, 2013 at 11:03 AM

These articles are far too quick for me this morning. Shame about Harper. But it has to end at the Toon sometime.

Would love to have him back at the club as a coach one day.

• lesh

Mar 21, 2013 at 11:03 AM

Scudamore’s words:

“…. We have to make sure we are doing all we can to ensure the match officials are able to see it and deal with it on the day….”

Instant video replays on the cards?

• Charlie in the Gallowgate

Mar 21, 2013 at 11:06 AM

just signed petition and read skysports article by scudamore.

noticed the odds Skysports are offering for the Man City game
    9-1 for a toon win
    9-2 for draw
    might just have a punt on them both
    law of averages – got a get a point or something at the etihad

• Transfer Sage

Mar 21, 2013 at 11:09 AM

lesh

I’d hate to see video replays for fouls. It would be a ngithmare and create more problems that it solves.

For one you would have to stop the game if the ref hadn’t given a free kick. This could then be used tactically to prevent a counter aattack.

A second issue is that a foul is very rarely clear cut. It is always open to debate whether it was a staright red, yellow, nothing at all etc. Not like goa line technology where, with the right cameras (or hawkeye) you can be 99.9% certain the ball has crossed the line.

I’d like to see goal line technology brought in (rare incidents so ost games won’t be disrupted) and then a system where red card offences for violent conduct (like at wigan) are reviewed after the game regardless of what the ref has done.

• Toon-Prodigy

Mar 21, 2013 at 11:11 AM

Transfer,

Maybe we have just got him attacking alot more than he is used to with Inter then. He is learning the role maybe as a wingback. I think he is progressing though and it’s all we can ask for really. Mind, Jonas has helped with him also I think down that left.

Anyone else think Jonas will be let go in the summer? Getting on a bit now is wor Guti

• lesh

Mar 21, 2013 at 11:15 AM

Fair comment Sage but it is the FA we’re dealing with.

Don’t they use instant video replays in rugby… Or is it cricket I’m thinking about?

On Colo, looks like Jonas’s expecting him back.

• Transfer Sage

Mar 21, 2013 at 11:15 AM

prodigy

I think santon escaped a lot of flack as he is young, new to league last year, came to us from a big club and attacks (something we love to see).

It’s weird that he attacks so much when as a team we have often been criticised by many fans, myself included, for being overly negative. So not sure why santon seems to have such a licence to attack compared to half our midfielders.

I do think he is progressing though and wouldn’t want him to leave.

• Toon-Prodigy

Mar 21, 2013 at 11:21 AM

Maybe because Jonas the greyhound is tracking and covering!

Don’t care what anyone says, I’ll be gutted to see Jonas leave when he does.

Right, it’s my bedtime. Work tonight.

Catch yas all later, later Transfer

• Transfer Sage

Mar 21, 2013 at 11:22 AM

lesh

In rugby they do to see if the ball has crossed the line properly for a try, it’s another decision which is more black and white, its either over or not and if doubt it’s not given.

In cricket they use a video replay to check if a batsman has made it in when attempting a run and it’s too close to call with certaintly with the eye.

Then cricket and tennis use hawkeye for decisions like is the ball in (tennis) or would the ball have gone on to hit the stumps if it hadn’t hit the batsman (LBW rule in cricket). Again hawkeye is 99.9% accurate so the decision isn’t up for debate really.

I’d like us to use the rugby citation procedure in football where after games it’s reviewed by an independent offcial who can hand out a ban (for a red card offense) if there ref hasn’t called it correctly. Much like they do in football now for overturning a red if given incorrectly.

• Transfer Sage

Mar 21, 2013 at 11:24 AM

prodigy

Love jonas, he is just slipping his quality but not his standards.

catch you ater

• DokToon

Mar 21, 2013 at 11:31 AM

gmorning all…

gonna be a long ten days with no toon… wife already making plans for me around the house…ugh…

• Grafton83

Mar 21, 2013 at 11:34 AM

Also the head of the FA bernstein sits on the board of both TED Baker and the Carlucios chain of restaurants. I’ll be boycotting those brands for the foreseeable future

• bollance

Mar 21, 2013 at 11:35 AM

Transfer

Good point! The most important statistic in a football game is goals scored. There should therefore be no doubt that these decision are unanimously correct.

It could be that after each goal is scored there is a review in a studio looking at offside, full ball over goal line and relevantly handballs in build-up etc!

• ichrisho

Mar 21, 2013 at 11:35 AM

@Dok – Just go on Youtube – there is seasons after seasons to wtach to make up the 10 days!!! 🙂

Signed the petition – hopefully there is enough signatures… I do doubt the FA as in the Governement with listen to the actual patrons of the game – the fans.

• kevymartins

Mar 21, 2013 at 11:37 AM

It’s my birthday and the tw@ts on twitter still won’t take 2 seconds off there time to RT me ass holes….If some1 can get joey barton to rt that petition it will be done in an hour

• TorqToon

Mar 21, 2013 at 11:41 AM

Morning gents.

Got a very sad feeling upon hearing harps will be leaving at the end of the season. A true pro, proper Geordie and a true ambassador to Newcastle United.

• DokToon

Mar 21, 2013 at 11:45 AM

ich @ 19..

thanks, good point, its that or have a marathon fifa session 🙂

• ichrisho

Mar 21, 2013 at 11:48 AM

Torq – lets hope he will get a “shearer” type role at the club… he deserves it for sitting on his arse watching other keepers play for 20 seasons… Got us back to the PREM in one season… Legend…

Dok – FIFA paaa… PES 2013 Master League with the new updated toon team is immense… Have QPR lined up in Europa League Semi for laters… Man that Taarbat fella is gonna take a McManaman taclke from me… 🙂

• Transfer Sage

Mar 21, 2013 at 11:50 AM

bollance

I just think goal line would do it.

Otherwise how far in the build up to you go back to see if handball, offside, ball crossed throw in line etc….too much debate I think.

Only way I’d like technology for offsides is if there would be some way to fit a sensor into a shirt and use some sort of gps to know if offside occured and if so it sends a signal to the linesman who could then raise the flag.

• TorqToon

Mar 21, 2013 at 11:51 AM

G – I had to check the calendar also mate!!

RVW to Norwich??! Cracking bit of business for them, but for the player?!?

Goes with what we are all hearing about PEA though.

• ichrisho

Mar 21, 2013 at 11:51 AM

G – take it as 1st April… that will never happen – it’ll be us or Spurs..

• kevymartins

Mar 21, 2013 at 11:53 AM

@ichris we would have no reason to go for him if we can get pierre emrik ..Although I can see psg nicking him on us

• brighter

Mar 21, 2013 at 11:54 AM

Ed.
    Ive Done it.

• martoon

Mar 21, 2013 at 11:54 AM

Toon-Prodigy – Fair enough – oh and I appreciate the small m 😉

• ichrisho

Mar 21, 2013 at 11:55 AM

Was just looking through the 50 most highly rated youngsters in Europe and this guy seems to top a lof of polls… he plays for FC Twente in Holland at the mo… I wonder if we could get him through the door in the summer… just wondering who else might fit the below 7m under-23 rule we seem to be working with…. http://www.101greatgoals.com/gvideos/luc-castaignos-fc-twente-20/

• DokToon

Mar 21, 2013 at 11:55 AM

ich @ 24..

dunno man, i got toon in CL semis, and FA semis… makes for a sitting on the couch and haviong a few beers and playing weekend to me lol…

• Transfer Sage

Mar 21, 2013 at 11:56 AM

maybe there has been no solid interest from us and spurs and he sees it as a way into the league.

Score with norwich then get a move to a spurs, newcastle or even higher maybe.

• Rotonda heights

Mar 21, 2013 at 11:57 AM

county down from a previous thread

You’re totally ignoring the point

We just had a near 20 M injection of players in January.
    Wigan could never do anything like that.

It’s a miracle they stay up year on year with their limited resources

Have a level playing field where Martinez is financially backed the same as Pardew and then you can judge. Pardew still has us near bottom even with all the new players.

I applaud Wigan for not trying to be another Stoke just to stay up and instead they try and play decent football. They’ve possibly got 2 Wembley appearances lined up too.

• ichrisho

Mar 21, 2013 at 11:58 AM

kevyamrtins… Yeah I can see that too for PEY – PSG can buy anyone really… I think they have even more money than Manshitty… if thats possible?

• Rotonda heights

Mar 21, 2013 at 12:00 PM

grafton 83

I love carluccio’s!!!! D’oh!!

• Alinufc

Mar 21, 2013 at 12:01 PM

trying to sign it, have no idea how though :/

• ichrisho

Mar 21, 2013 at 12:02 PM

DOK – seems like you have 3 days sorted of the 10 anyway… Who you have in CL semi’s.???

Transfer – yeah you’re right… its just that 8.5m is not too bad a price – he’s only 24-25 and could be a good steal if he is open to play PREM… I’d go for him… although Luc Castignos would prob cost about 3-4m…

• Transfer Sage

Mar 21, 2013 at 12:02 PM

rotonda

I think the issue with martinez is not the ack of cash, we all appreciate he wont have his team in the top ten, but the results they can get show they can play. Therefore I’d expect him to have them around 13-16th comfortably really.

I don’t think he is a bad manager but he is all style no substance. Sometimes you need to sacrifice style in some games or find the balance better than he has.

Equally pardew needs to find the balance between attack and defence as he doesn’t have that right in my opinion.

• JackButler

Mar 21, 2013 at 12:02 PM

The link for this needs to be posted on facebook, twitter and everywhere else so we get as many signed up as possible