The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!

Newcastle Suffer Another Injury Blow

4:09 pm, Thursday, March 28th, 2013 by Ed Harrison · 76 Comments

Cheick Tiote will now miss the game at Manchester City on Saturday, as he has picked up an injury in training this week, and it seems we will have a number of players missing against the reigning Premier League Champions on Saturday at the Etihad Stadium.

cheick tiote newcastle

Cheick Tiote - will miss the game on saturday through injury

And Davide Santon will not travel with the side, after picking up a hamstring strain while with the Italian U21 side last Saturday.

And our two full backs who started the Wigan game will also be absent – Mathieu Debuchy is still suffering from a hamstring strain and Massadio Haidara will not play,  after suffering severe bruising of the knee and thigh, from that ridiculous challenge from Callum  McManaman.

And McManaman has not received a censure or warning from anybody – so we have to assume it was a fair tackle – as his boot went straight into the Frenchman’s knee. :(

The way this had been handled by the English FA has been embarrassing, to say the least.

And Wigan continue to embarrass themselves,  as Wigan manager Roberto Martinez and Chairman David Whelan had the cheek to defend their player and said it was a fair tackle – why?

This is what Alan Pardew said this afternoon, about Massadio Haidara’s status, and the comments made by the Wigan manager and Chairman:

“I was surprised by comments from their manager and chairman, that they thought it was a fair challenge. I think everybody could see that it wasn’t. “He won’t play this weekend, but fingers crossed he will play against Benfica.”

It will be great if Massadio can start next Thursday in Benfica – and hopefully we’ll have a few more players back from injury.

Wigan have hardly come out of this looking anything but trying to protect their own interests, and their player from a suspension – but they have shown absolutely no class whatsoever in the process.

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 us on Google+:

You can also reach Ed at admin@nufcblog.com

=============================================

Tags: Cheick Tiote · Injuries · Newcastle News

76 responses so far ↓

• 1 roshan MAGPIE // Mar 28, 2013 at 4:14 PM

NUFC_LEAZES END reply

• 2 Mister Tuff // Mar 28, 2013 at 4:17 PM

Read an interview earlier where Martinez was asked if there had been an apology from Wigan/McManaman to Haidara -he waffled on a bit -not answering the question directly but said that there had always been contact between the medical departments of both clubs -trying to give the impression there had been contact. We now hear from Percy that as far as he is aware there has been no apology. I now hope Wigan finally go down -along with QPR -then not fussed between Reading or Villa. Need Sunderland to stay up so we can whop them and retain the bragging rights.

• 3 DokToon // Mar 28, 2013 at 4:22 PM

sheesh roshan, why dont you just text or IM him…

• 4 DokToon // Mar 28, 2013 at 4:24 PM

“i just cleated you,
    and this is crazy,
    im a wanker,
    callum baby”

sorry im a bit tired today :)

• 5 roshan MAGPIE // Mar 28, 2013 at 4:26 PM

what is IM

• 6 hatemorloveit // Mar 28, 2013 at 4:29 PM

I actually dont care about tiote

• 7 hatemorloveit // Mar 28, 2013 at 4:30 PM

A shame obviously he is injured, but he is a liability

• 8 Krul to be Kind // Mar 28, 2013 at 4:36 PM

Tiff

I agree m8, can’t have 5under1and going down… thats a minimum guarantee of 4 pts (10% of the safety mark) every season, although Villa all the way after their antics when they sent us down… CHEER-I-O, CHEER-I-O, CHEER-I-O!!! haha

Roshan

IM = Instant messenger

• 9 Krul to be Kind // Mar 28, 2013 at 4:38 PM

Have a feeling it’s that tumbleweed time of day on the blog, crikey… it’s dead!

• 10 Sazzer // Mar 28, 2013 at 4:41 PM

@Mr.Tuff
    I think they will try to bolster our attack this summer with at least one player. Maybe two, if we get right price and can offload Obertan and Gosling for example. If Colo leaves we will likely go for another CB. Otherwise, it will only be youngsters.

PEA or Belhanda are on our list from France for sure – If PSG buy one of them for example – Menez or Gamerio might be available instead. We will see how it develops and how good player we can afford.

• 11 Krul to be Kind // Mar 28, 2013 at 4:42 PM

Well in that case, i’m back off to my watering hole, see yas all later hopefully when i’m a little more lairy!

Love ya’s

HWTL

• 12 Krul to be Kind // Mar 28, 2013 at 4:45 PM

Sazzer

It’s a little interesting that Llambias (I don’t believe I have called him his real name) who stated as much this time last year that no money would be spent in the summer has said that we are anticipating spending… I have high hopes whether we shift Oba and Gos on or not, defo need attacking reinforcements to step it up a gear and at least 1 more central defender with some versatility

• 13 santonthenewmaldini // Mar 28, 2013 at 4:47 PM

Thank god Tiote is injured !!!A decent Midfielder can go in his place should be Anita but I will take Perch over Tiote any day of the week

• 14 Mister Tuff // Mar 28, 2013 at 4:52 PM

Sazzer @9 agree with your post – unfortunately we are short in the attacking options and “ready made” strikers will without doubt cost us more. Trouble -potentially with Aubameyang is that he is on fire at the moment -apart from last weekends draw with PSG he has scored in every game since January – if his form continues -the price might go up.
    Ibrahimovic is leading the French league 1 scorers with PEA second.
    Younes Belhanda is a good player as well – I would prefer PEA.
    Good players are not getting games at PSG so hopefully this may make potential signings go where they know they will play.

• 15 giimps // Mar 28, 2013 at 4:55 PM

Wigan QPR and Villa for me, the Ideal group to fall out of the bottom of the prem , then championship, then……..well you get my drift.
    Prefer the Derbies every season tbf even though I cant sleep the night before them, I would deffo miss the banter if they went down,
    Tiote missing is a shame but Perchinio can cover, Simmo and Anita can cover fullbacks as long as we play gutti in front of Anita and Socks in front of Simmo, Cabaye Gouffy and Cisse.
    Not sure if Timmy will be available but Rob Elliott can cover adequately..
    Citeh can blow hot and cold, hopefully we can catch them cold if Manure stuff the Mackems and they go 16pts clear its game over for Citeh and they may (hopefully) be feeling sorry for themselves.
    It is a great pity Kompany is back though as he is a mean defender.
    HWTL

• 16 supermash // Mar 28, 2013 at 5:02 PM

A big blow to be without Debuchy, Santon and Haidara. That’s 3 top class full-backs. Looks to me that Anita will play LB, and Perch will sit in front of the back four. Thank goodness we were able to invest in 5 new players in Jan. I’m now starting to feel a bit embarrassed about the “cockney mafia out” malarkey. Ashley has shown he can turn unsuccessful businesses around – and we were an unsuccessful business.

• 17 GeordieDan // Mar 28, 2013 at 5:09 PM

Wigan>

If those 3 went down I’d be over the moon mate!

Wigan – Coz they should stick to Rugby (and apparently Kung-fu if theat little **** McManaman is anything to go by)
    QPR – Coz it would be hilarious if droopy chops ‘Arry spent all that money and still got relegated !
    Villa – Coz they’re scum. Simple as that. I will celebrate their relegation with far more enthusiasm then they mocked ours!

PLEASE GOD OF ALL THINGS FOOTY, MAKE IT HAPPEN !!!

• 18 GeordieDan // Mar 28, 2013 at 5:09 PM

Giimps even: bloody predictive text

• 19 nufc_eire // Mar 28, 2013 at 5:17 PM

How about this team for the city game?

———————Elliot————————-
    –Simpson—-Yanga—Saylor—-Anita—-
    ————-Sissoko———-Cabaye———-
    ———————Marveaux——————-
    ——Guti————————Gouffran——
    ———————Cisse————————-

Could definitely get a result!

• 20 studsy // Mar 28, 2013 at 5:33 PM

For me it would have to be:

—————— Elliot —————
    Simpson – Saylor – MYM – Anita
    ——– Perch —– Cabaye ——-
    Goufran — Sissoko — Spiderman
    —————– Cisse —————-

• 21 NUFC_LEAZES END // Mar 28, 2013 at 5:42 PM

It’s alright roshan am still alive aha ha just got back, and I thought it was u on ps3

• 22 roshan MAGPIE // Mar 28, 2013 at 5:43 PM

it was me on ps3

• 23 NUFC_LEAZES END // Mar 28, 2013 at 5:44 PM

Wow no tiote aswell,

Elliot
    Simmo saylor willo m’biwa
    Perch cabaye
    Jonas sissoko gouffran
    Cisse ?????

• 24 roshan MAGPIE // Mar 28, 2013 at 5:45 PM

as I told you earlier lost power lots of power failure problem here otherwise I would have defeated you by 3 goals to nil

• 25 roshan MAGPIE // Mar 28, 2013 at 5:49 PM

can you play with me tomorrow an hour earlier than today

• 26 NUFC_LEAZES END // Mar 28, 2013 at 5:49 PM

I thought the connection was shite like? U want another game in a couple of hours time

• 27 roshan MAGPIE // Mar 28, 2013 at 5:51 PM

well I can’t shop s closed

• 28 roshan MAGPIE // Mar 28, 2013 at 5:55 PM

dude we can play tomorrow but can you come earlier than you did today

• 29 NUFC_LEAZES END // Mar 28, 2013 at 6:02 PM

What time do u go on?

• 30 JAMSHA // Mar 28, 2013 at 6:04 PM

Any1 gona Buy The PS4 ???? :-P

• 31 jplizardking // Mar 28, 2013 at 6:06 PM

this will have to be the lineup –

Elliot
    Simpson – Mbiwa – Taylor – Jonas
    Anita – Cabaye
    Sissoko
    Marveaux Gouffran
    Cisse

I think this would be solid!

• 32 roshan MAGPIE // Mar 28, 2013 at 6:07 PM

one or two hours earlier than today can you come at that time

• 33 roshan MAGPIE // Mar 28, 2013 at 6:07 PM

no jamsha too costly I guess

• 34 jplizardking // Mar 28, 2013 at 6:08 PM

obviously marveaux and gouffran playing wide

• 35 roshan MAGPIE // Mar 28, 2013 at 6:08 PM

just send me a msg when you see me online I’ll invite you to play

• 36 jplizardking // Mar 28, 2013 at 6:11 PM

or this -
    Elliot
    Anita – Taylor – Mbiwa – Jonas
    Perch – Cabaye
    Marveux – Sissoko -Gouffran
    Cisse

• 37 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Mar 28, 2013 at 6:43 PM

Diaby out for 9 months for the Gunners!

…most be a tough one to swallow

• 38 NUFC_LEAZES END // Mar 28, 2013 at 6:53 PM

Diary is awful anyways, he’s a poor mans Williamson

• 39 beefman13 // Mar 28, 2013 at 7:08 PM

Has jonas 6 bookings, not sure if he is available if he has or not,

Team v Man City

Elliot
    Simpson
    Mbiwa
    Saylor
    Perch
    Cabaye
    Anita
    Marveaux
    Sissoko
    Gouffran
    Cisse.

Not to bad to be honest, mega tough game though, i think we would all take a point now, time for another cisse wonder goal?

• 40 ToonDownSouth // Mar 28, 2013 at 7:10 PM

Diaby is a poor man’s Williamson?

Except that he plays in CM, and that he’s a fantastic player.

• 41 NUFC_LEAZES END // Mar 28, 2013 at 7:22 PM

I was taking the piss.

He’s not fantastic though is he? He’s just overrated

• 42 Jail for Ashley // Mar 28, 2013 at 7:27 PM

Joey Barton on Neymar
    ” Neymar is the Justin Bieber of football great on the old you tube, cat p! Ss in reality”
    He’s off his rocker.

• 43 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Mar 28, 2013 at 7:30 PM

Well I rate Diaby highly…anyways most be a tough one to swallow!

…does anyone know if Citeh have any crucial players injured? We are going to need all the help we can get Saturday!

• 44 NUFC_LEAZES END // Mar 28, 2013 at 7:39 PM

If city do have players injured they’ve always got just as good back up or even better haha

• 45 Sack Llambias // Mar 28, 2013 at 7:40 PM

Jesperfuglsang
    I agree on Diaby he was viewed by France and Arsenal as a terrific prospect. Seen by gunner fans as a other Vieira injuries have ruined his career. Injuries to Wilshere have impacted on Arsenal but I still fancy them to finish above Spurs.

• 46 Super Magpie // Mar 28, 2013 at 7:40 PM

Jesper
    Nope, the exact opposite. Aguero, Kompany and Toure all return for them.

• 47 Sack Llambias // Mar 28, 2013 at 7:57 PM

jesperfuglsang
    I remember watching Diaby on TV at the beginning of the season in the Arsenal away game at Anfield. Diaby ran the midfield and they won 2-0. Wenger has not pursued a number of the French midfielders
    we’ve bought it’s claimed because he had Diaby to return from injury.

• 48 lesh // Mar 28, 2013 at 8:29 PM

Don’t read too much into the our injury list, it could work for us if Citeh begin to feel confident and we come out all fired up and surprise em. I fancy a win for us given the will to win we’ve showed of late.

A win for us at 2-3 in injury time? Wonder what price the bookies are offering?

• 49 JAMSHA // Mar 28, 2013 at 8:56 PM

Team For Sitty

——————-Rob———————

Simo———Saylor—Mibwa——–Jonas

Marvo———Bigi——-Cabaye——Gofo

——————-Sissoko—————–

———————Cisse—————–

• 50 Ibizatoon - back by no demand // Mar 28, 2013 at 9:00 PM

Disaster waiting to happen^

This is what yous should line up

Elliot
    Debuchy coloccini Taylor santon
    Tiote cabaye sissoko
    Ameobi cisse gouffran

• 51 Ibizatoon - back by no demand // Mar 28, 2013 at 9:06 PM

Hark now here
    the sunderland sing
    As the Geordies ran away………

• 52 GeordieToon89 // Mar 28, 2013 at 9:18 PM

Elliott
    Simpson-Mbiwa-Taylor-Jonas
    –Anita-Cabaye-Sissoko
    Marveaux———-Gouffran
    ————-Cisse

That’s the team i’d play against City

• 53 Marty-Toon // Mar 28, 2013 at 9:39 PM

So floppy chops thinks his boys can replicate Barca lol

• 54 martoon // Mar 28, 2013 at 10:08 PM

Marty-Toon – I think you killed the blog.
    I have to agree with Studsy’s team:
    —————— Elliot —————
    Simpson – Saylor – MYM – Anita
    ——– Perch —– Cabaye ——-
    Goufran — Sissoko — Spiderman
    —————– Cisse —————-

The only worry I would have is Anita’s height and Cittee deliberately targetting him with high balls.

• 55 Toon-Prodigy // Mar 28, 2013 at 10:35 PM

Evening lads,

So Debuchy is out of the Man City game then? Is this concrete?

• 56 Ibizatoon - back by no demand // Mar 28, 2013 at 10:38 PM

It’s as concrete as grass

• 57 Toon-Prodigy // Mar 28, 2013 at 10:52 PM

Has there been a press conference or is it tomorrow?

• 58 north_country_boy // Mar 28, 2013 at 10:54 PM

@lee_ryder: Hatem Ben Arfa does not require surgery and has outside chance of playing again this season #nufc – maybe back in time for Europa League final :)

• 59 Ibizatoon - back by no demand // Mar 28, 2013 at 10:58 PM

I’ve got a split personality

• 60 Mr Funk // Mar 28, 2013 at 11:00 PM

@ speaking of split personalities :)

• 61 Super Magpie // Mar 28, 2013 at 11:04 PM

I didn’t know Ibiza had an evil twin. :P

• 62 Ibizatoon - back by no demand // Mar 28, 2013 at 11:21 PM

Me and my other personality (back by popular demand) hate each other :(

• 63 lesh // Mar 28, 2013 at 11:22 PM

Ibizatoon – back by no demand, if you’ve got a split personality then that’s four between you and your impersonator!

Given the recent spate of poetry, I see on-blog poetry readings becoming the norm.

• 64 tooninspain // Mar 28, 2013 at 11:24 PM

No names, no pack drill, but someone has suggested playing Jonas at left-back. As the song says….”They’re coming to take me away, ha-ha, they’re coming to take me away, ho-ho.” Give me strength !

• 65 Mister Tuff // Mar 28, 2013 at 11:26 PM

super @61 – I hope you have not come onto the blog expecting any sort of sanity. I’ve just got back into the house from having a night out only to find that the loonies are out in force. I’ve checked the full moon calendar and found out that the full moon was yesterday -but it may have an influence on the loonies who have appeared today.

• 66 lesh // Mar 28, 2013 at 11:26 PM

Jamsha, as official nufc spokesman, you should answer Toon-Prodigy’s question (@57) about the press conference

• 67 tooninspain // Mar 28, 2013 at 11:30 PM

Back by no demand…..you seem like a really nice guy. Any chance we could meet so we can exchange football programmes?

• 68 Ibizatoon - back by no demand // Mar 28, 2013 at 11:32 PM

My other personality doesn’t allow me out :/

• 69 tooninspain // Mar 28, 2013 at 11:37 PM

No demand……esa un pollo.

• 70 Ibizatoon - back by no demand // Mar 28, 2013 at 11:41 PM

When I went to Spain
    And I saw people
    I thought to myself
    Wtf
    Wtf

• 71 tooninspain // Mar 28, 2013 at 11:49 PM

You’re right, no demand. I bet you thought everybody wore track suits, but it’s just mackems. Scumderland town centre…..well the six charity shops and four poundstretchers….is the only place I know where you can buy a pair of gloves with six fingers on each.

• 72 Toon-Prodigy // Mar 28, 2013 at 11:55 PM

Oh, we have an NUFC spokesman? :)

Whats the script then? Im all ears..

• 73 Toon-Prodigy // Mar 28, 2013 at 11:56 PM

Who is the Ibiza mockney..

• 74 Ibizatoon - back by no demand // Mar 29, 2013 at 12:15 AM

I come in peace toon prodigy :)

• 75 lesh // Mar 29, 2013 at 12:16 AM

Ibizatoon – back by no demand, wake up man, you’ve got four personalities. Ask the other two!

Toon-Prodigy. It seems that Jamsha is now the former official spokesman for nufc. Who’s gonna issue an official statement to announce that sensational news?

• 76 Toon-Prodigy // Mar 29, 2013 at 12:22 AM

lol@Ibiza – Back by no demand..

Lesh,

Now is this spokeman worth staying awake for tnite?

I mean, erm, I’v got lots to do :)

previous post: LLambias – Massadio Haidara A Big Big Player For Us