The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!

Premier League The Priority – We Must Reach Safety – Pardew

4:45 pm, Sunday, March 31st, 2013 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 163 Comments

Newcastle will face Benfica in Lisbon on Thursday night in the first leg of the Europa League quarter-final tie, although we cannot let the Europa league rob us of any points in the Premier League.

vincent kompany etihad 4-0

Sissoko and Cisse challenge Vincent Kompany yesterday

Since the home defeat by Reading, the low point of our season, Newcastle have played eight league games, and we won three of the first four – but have since lost three of the last four – so we need to start getting more wins on the board.

Yesterday was our worst performance since the Reading game, and we also had seven top players – Krul, Debuchy, Haidara, Santon, Tiote, Coloccini and Ben Arfa – all missing, and only two or three of those will return in the next week.

It seems Tim Krul is fit again – and Davide Santon and Massadio Haidara could be fit to play on Thursday night.

But yesterday’s defeat at Manchester City has left us too close to comfort to the relegation zone, although we were helped today when Aston Villa lost 2-1 at home to Liverpool after being 1-0 up at the half.

We are 3 points ahead of Wigan and Aston Villa, and with a better goal difference – but some of the bottom teams are starting to pick up points, so we must help ourselves by winning games.

The next two home games against Fulham and Sunderland are simply massive – and two wins in those games should see us with some welcome breathing space.

Alan Pardew has talked about the Europa League and Premier League today to Sky Sports:

“We have done well in the Europa League, but it can’t detract from the Premier League.” “We have to make sure we are safe.” “We need two victories at least, and maybe a third or a fourth to get ourselves into a strong position.”

“The Europa League is going to put us under pressure, because we are missing some big players at the moment.” “But we didn’t do ourselves any favors against City because we were not aggressive enough.”

We expect to see Newcastle try to ensure we have a full house next Sunday against Fulham, because that is now such an important game for us – because th London side are only three points above us in the league – although they have two games in hand.

Fulham play QPR tomorrow, and maybe a draw would be the best result for Newcastle.

QPR are not going to reach safety by drawing games – they need wins, and a draw would keep Fulham within Newcastle’s reach, and we could gain three points on them next Sunday afternoon with a win.

And the real truth is we have to play a lot better than we did yesterday at the Etihad Stadium in that first half, where we were simply no match for City.

We have to start helping ourselves in the Premier League, and not have to depend on other sides losing – and also not let the Europa League be any distraction, and that seems to be the way the Newcastle manager is looking at things.

And maybe that’s after some prodding from Derek LLambias, reminding the manager of the £4B TV deal that starts next season for the Premier League, and that PL clubs could see up to a 70% increase in revenue from the league compared to what they get this season.

A relegation this season would be a complete and utter disaster for Newcastle United.

That’s our view – maybe a little negative on the Europa League side of things – what do you think?

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 us on Google+:

You can also reach Ed at admin@nufcblog.com

=============================================

Tags: Europa League · European Competition · Newcastle News · Premier League

163 responses so far ↓

• 1 Jail for Ashley // Mar 31, 2013 at 4:50 PM

Being dressed as a giant banana on the back of a pick up truck in Windsor safari park is too good for Ashley .

• 2 Bambams // Mar 31, 2013 at 4:50 PM

Well its a new thread. …..

• 3 yo-yo // Mar 31, 2013 at 4:51 PM

So we all agree we rolled over and Pardew says we were not aggressive enough – or committed whatever – so does that mean he hasn’t rollocked the players for not making the effort ?

Not having Hairdryer, Santon or Debuchy etc was bound to make a difference but there is no excuse for lack of commitment – safety requires it..

• 4 daztoon // Mar 31, 2013 at 4:52 PM

Now he says we weren’t aggressive enough why didn’t he tell the players that after 10 minutes in.We don’t have a leader of any sorts on the pitch and a manager who is clueless as regards to taking the game to the opposition

• 5 NUFC_LEAZES END // Mar 31, 2013 at 4:53 PM

@TADS

I’m not calling for pardews head, but I will be if we get relegated or if we don’t improve next season.

And I was just throwing in some names that I think could take over from pardew if he fails us

• 6 toonarmydownsouth // Mar 31, 2013 at 4:57 PM

LEAZES
    Fair play mate and I’m not in disagreement if the board want to look to change things in the summer, I’m sure most would understand, but personally I’d hope we aim a little higher than managers that have been knocking around England for a while
    Personally I’d be looking in Germany holland and Spain for a replacement coach as I think they play the brand of football that would get the most out of our team

• 7 daztoon // Mar 31, 2013 at 5:00 PM

Pardew says that when we play an aggressive high tempo game we can beat anybody.then it’s even if we had all our players fit we still wouldn’t beat city.the high tempo game beat Chelsea and was unlucky at Manure and arsenal.So why do we play a slow boring negative game in 9 out of 10 games

• 8 alex84 // Mar 31, 2013 at 5:04 PM

Agreed Daztoon, the modern game is built on high tempo with or without the ball

• 9 Jail for Ashley // Mar 31, 2013 at 5:04 PM

Barring the unthikable and being relegated I think Pardew deserves another chance with the right personnel,he was badly let down by his bosses last year and it would have been much fairer to judge him had the correct signings been made when we were on the crest of a wave rather than the relegation battle weve found our selves in.

• 10 Rotonda heights // Mar 31, 2013 at 5:07 PM

yo yo

from previous thread

if that drivel is true how come he employed 4 managers in one season !!!!

• 11 MacToon // Mar 31, 2013 at 5:09 PM

I expect us to stay up this season.
    When/if we do I then expect Pardew to be given some time to improve, probably Nov/Dec before the winter window. If we are bottom 10 then I’d expect consideration by our club to upgrade the position.
    If we’re top 10 then I’d expect him to stay in charge.

• 12 Rotonda heights // Mar 31, 2013 at 5:11 PM

jail

you’re never going to change the guy’s negative mindset. Give him Barca and he’d shut up shop after one goal. Plus it’ll always be someone else’s fault, never his when it inevitably goes wrong.

There is nothing in his CV to suggest we will go anywhere with this guy.

You hate ashley, I can’t stick pardew and I realise Ashley sanctioned his appointment.

• 13 Rotonda heights // Mar 31, 2013 at 5:15 PM

jail

you did the windsor park gag before and I told you it closed down years ago. It’s legoland now. Are you in need of new material?

• 14 robin // Mar 31, 2013 at 5:19 PM

Is Pardew, having a laugh? As soon as Simpson, minces into team the games up. And what he hoped to achieve by taking Gouffran off for Gosling, who hasn’t played for ages. With Pardew, it just lurches from one disaster to another. There is no set system of play, yesterday they looked like they had never played together before. Its all down to Pardews naievty and lack of tactical nous. He will definitly be moved on this summer.

• 15 BandB // Mar 31, 2013 at 5:20 PM

Anita is a classic case in point here. He’s a very modern footballer. But right now he’s bringing a water-colour brush to a paintball fight. That’s because he was bought for the wrong reasons…the buy him up and watch him appreciate in value principle. There’s a good article in the Telegraph today about how this policy has backfired. He was bought with no thought as to how he’d fit in. And as result, a person who flowered in an Ajax midfield suddenly isn’t good enough to keep Perch out of the team. And that’s down to the fact Perch fits our style. The style that’s got us where we are this season. I would never complain that we haven’t signed good players. But they’ve been thrown into an army in headlong, demotivated retreat, where the new signings don’t make up for the fact that some of our key players from last season seem to have bought out of the project.

• 16 Rotonda heights // Mar 31, 2013 at 5:20 PM

can’t believe people slagging di matteo. Do you really think pardew could have done the same. Di matteo went defensive to win the CL. AP is defensive every match.

• 17 NUFC_LEAZES END // Mar 31, 2013 at 5:21 PM

@tads

What’s the odds on us getting a French manager, since we seem to get all their players haha, maybe arsene winger could be a contender? ;)

• 18 Rotonda heights // Mar 31, 2013 at 5:22 PM

Band B

spot on

• 19 Rotonda heights // Mar 31, 2013 at 5:24 PM

leazes

it would make a lot of sense cos i can’t see the likes of M’Biwa, Debuchy, Cabaye, Benny and Sissoko hanging around to play pardew’s c..p tactics next season.

• 20 Rotonda heights // Mar 31, 2013 at 5:26 PM

Robin

I can only hope

• 21 NUFC_LEAZES END // Mar 31, 2013 at 5:33 PM

@rotonda

I know, I bet m’biwa sissoko and debuchy have been disappointed with pardews negative tactics.

• 22 bzak12 // Mar 31, 2013 at 5:34 PM

Pardue’s master plan (solution to relegation):-
    Elliott
    R Taylor S Taylor Williamson Guti
    Perch Bigi
    Sammy Campbell Ferguson
    Shola
    Pardue’s solution to lost revenue
    Sales Krul £10 mil;
    Obertan £2
    Cabaye £20
    HBA £20
    Cisse £10
    Sissoco £10
    Goofy £2
    Plus £3 of rabble ie Gosling Vuckic Tav Abeid etc bringing in revenue of £120 million plus parachute payments.
    Plus savings of 75% of wage bill a master plan.
    No wonder fat Ash gave this man an eight year deal.
    Roll on relegation and a possible bonus!

• 23 Rotonda heights // Mar 31, 2013 at 5:41 PM

Leazes

I know at 51 I’m an old codger, but ever since I can remember NUFC fans have always wanted and demanded to see good attacking football.

It used to be the highlight of my week but under Pardew I’ve stopped going to games and can barely be asked to watch them on sky / stream any more.

With the great new players I thought here we go, but after an initial salvo, they too seem to have been ground down very quickly by Pardew’s bs tactics.

What’s he going to blame next? It’s funny I don’t hear any other bottom 5 managers bleat on like he does.

• 24 Jail for Ashley // Mar 31, 2013 at 5:41 PM

Rotonda,
    I posted tht one at about 12:300 one morning and the thread changed straight away, I never post the same one twice so well spotted.
    Bzak,
    I really don’t get the gist of that post of yours.

• 25 toonarmydownsouth // Mar 31, 2013 at 5:43 PM

Bzak
    Wtf are on about?

• 26 bzak12 // Mar 31, 2013 at 5:45 PM

Jail for Ashley
    Its probably just me but could Pardue have a master plan designed by Ashley to take us down and sell off our assets?

• 27 Rotonda heights // Mar 31, 2013 at 5:51 PM

bzak

no cos we would lose the massive tv money next season

• 28 bzak12 // Mar 31, 2013 at 5:51 PM

Jail for Ashley
    The 1st eleven are the side to attack the Championship with
    ie the unsellables!

• 29 Jail for Ashley // Mar 31, 2013 at 5:54 PM

Bzak,
    That first eleven couldn’t beat Brighton I’m not sure if attack is the right word.

• 30 Jail for Ashley // Mar 31, 2013 at 6:02 PM

I can totally understand the doom and gloom tody it’s normally like this after a loss anyway but our perilous position certainly isn’t helping two home wins and it’s an entirely different ball game, a deserved two points from Wigan and Swansea would have made things look a bit rosier as well.

• 31 Vask // Mar 31, 2013 at 6:02 PM

I read a lot about Pardew’s previous record (one good, one bad season) surely he deserves the chance to see what he does in a third season for a club.

I’m not convinced that Pardew wants to set up defensively. We’ve shown, at the end of last season and at times this season, that we can play some real sleek passing football. I think that the bad run of luck has hindered our positivity and made us shaky towards the end of matches and that’s when we start trying to hang on to the one goal advantage.

• 32 BandB // Mar 31, 2013 at 6:04 PM

Some of them couldn’t beat Bedlington.
    Ashley wants a successful team, Bzak, and relegation is the last thing he wants. It’s just some of his imagined short cuts have turned into blind alleys, and managing footballers isn’t the same as selling shoes. He’s learning, I think. And getting rid of Pardew now is a huge risk. I just wish he didn’t sound like he hasn’t got a clue what he’s on about. One week he was on the radio saying the team was full of goals, and, I swear, the next time I tuned in he was wondering where the goals were going to come from. One week survival is “done”. Now, we are four wins from safety. It doesn’t fill you with confidence, and I’m sure it doesn’t fill the players with confidence either.

• 33 Vask // Mar 31, 2013 at 6:05 PM

Also, we’ve broken the not being able to fight back stat. So that’s good. Just got to score from a corner and we’ll be on our way to glory. ;)

• 34 Vask // Mar 31, 2013 at 6:10 PM

BandB Whatever Pards says to the press is the equivalent of about 2% of what he say’s to his players at training throughout the week. A player who listens to what is said in the press rather than what is said in the privacy of benton training ground is an idiot.

• 35 JackButler // Mar 31, 2013 at 6:15 PM

We have

Fulham (h)
    Sunderland (h)
    West Brom (a)
    Liverpool (h)
    West Ham (a)
    QPR (a)
    Arsenal (h)

We need at least six points and could realistically get them in our next two games if the injury front eases

• 36 robin // Mar 31, 2013 at 6:24 PM

Just been watching the local news, covering the mackems sacking of Oneil. They were asking who should be their new manager? And one guy replied “Houdini” priceless!

• 37 Vask // Mar 31, 2013 at 6:26 PM

I reckon all of those games are winnable and at the very least not loseable. City done us good, depressing but not the premier league apocalypse that is being prophesied. Perfectly feasible to believe that we can take 12 points from the remaining fixtures.

• 38 Jail for Ashley // Mar 31, 2013 at 6:29 PM

Just looking at the table again and what a difference two points would have made and I think even Pardews most ardent critics have to admit we were desperately unlucky not to have come away from Swansea and Wigan with at least two points.

• 39 estechco // Mar 31, 2013 at 6:33 PM

A few tweets suggesting the Mackems going for Di Canio next. What could possibly go wrong?

• 40 beddersmag // Mar 31, 2013 at 6:33 PM

Robin

Didnt have much option but to play simpson imo and gouffran probably came off because he was offering little and had stopped closing people down which left us exposed on a couple of occasions.

Bandb

I was lead to believe anita could play anywhere across tbe midfield or eitha full back. Be has been in tried in numerous positions with little success due to an evolving injury list. Imo he cant tackle for toffee ruling him out at dcm, is too weak and not aggressive enough for fb, and doesnt offer enough in attack to dislodge any of our attacking players and play further up the pitch. Blaming pards is an excuse he just needs to improve in all areas next year

• 41 JackButler // Mar 31, 2013 at 6:35 PM

If we beat Fulham and results go our way things will look a hell of a lot better than they do now.
    West Ham away, QPR away and West Brom away are going to be tough games and we don;t travel well.
    With Liverpool it depends and what team show’s up as they are very inconsistent and by the time we play Arsenal they could have already qualified for Champions League spot which could help us

• 42 bzak12 // Mar 31, 2013 at 6:38 PM

Di Canio looks perfect for Mackems image of monkeys heed!

• 43 JackButler // Mar 31, 2013 at 6:40 PM

Di Canio will get Sunderland fighting for their lives thats for sure but looking at their remaining fixtures they are in serious trouble

• 44 Big Pappa Cissé // Mar 31, 2013 at 6:41 PM

If The Mackems get Di Canio it will give me an even bigger reason to hate them now :)

• 45 Jail for Ashley // Mar 31, 2013 at 6:45 PM

Bedders,
    Just my opinion but I think Anita was bought as a replacement for Tiote but then Llambias got to greedy and Chelsea pulled out leaving us with a player who unfortunately seems surplus to requirements.

• 46 toonarmydownsouth // Mar 31, 2013 at 6:56 PM

JFA
    Very true mate the table is very finely balanced down our end, as you said if we got the points we deserved vs Swansea and Wigan it would look much better right now, but we didn’t so must treat every game like a final think we can get points at home vs Fulham who have hit a bit of a lull, the mackems are the mackems 3 points ;) some tricky away games but all teams who we should be beating can see us getting points at west ham and defiantly QPR don’t care what ppl say for me there still the worst team in the league!

• 47 Jail for Ashley // Mar 31, 2013 at 7:02 PM

More than just twitter rumours, Di canio is at the mackems training ground.

• 48 JackButler // Mar 31, 2013 at 7:07 PM

Sacking a manager at this point in the season is suicidal unless you replace them with someone who has proven quality. Di Canio will not save Sunderland just as Shearer couldn’t save us

• 49 geordiemark // Mar 31, 2013 at 7:22 PM

I still stand by what I said yesturday that pardew after the man city game should be sacked and replaced by peter beardsley as temp boss, instead its plastered all over the news the mackems sacked oneil just why couldnt it had been pardew

• 50 Jail for Ashley // Mar 31, 2013 at 7:22 PM

I must sound very pro Pardew as I seem to defend him a lot as it happens I’m neither pro or anti Pardew but I just think he got shafted last summer, we’ve lost four since the new arrivals in which we should have got at least a couple of points,two of the new arrivals have been almost crippled one is out with his hamstring on top of our distracted captain being out with his back, throw into the mix a long term injury to our most creative player and it’s easy to see where excuses are coming from.

• 51 bills-son // Mar 31, 2013 at 7:26 PM

I think keeping O’Neil would have been suicidal – he has looked and sounded very down for weeks now. I actually feel sorry for the guy, I genuinely think he is depressed and trying to motivate himself never mind the team must have been a huge strain. I might be wrong about him being depressed but I don’t think I am.

• 52 Jail for Ashley // Mar 31, 2013 at 7:30 PM

Bills,
    Having to work in 5under1and everyday would make Matthieu Ricard depressed.

• 53 JackButler // Mar 31, 2013 at 7:32 PM

you can’t make a silk purse out of a sow’s ear which is what any manager of Sunderland has to try and do

• 54 bills-son // Mar 31, 2013 at 7:34 PM

Jail @ 50 – agreed.

Pardew has been dealt sh1t hands all season and just when he gets five new players and Cabaye and STaylor back in January in no time we end up with seven first team squad players injured. 7 in, 7 out.

These aren’t excuses they are facts. Throw in lousy luck against Swansea and lousy decisions againstv Wigan and f all has gone right for us recently.

• 55 Assam Toon // Mar 31, 2013 at 7:35 PM

Pardew plays obertan hoping to justify that fergie got the better of him with this one. i would rather have gosling all day than watch obertan. i am for stability but honestly pardew is not the right guy to take us forward. he is tactically docile and i dont remember the last time we had a thumping performance. but i would hold my daggers for the moment and wait till the season is over. and then i would say “pardew out!”…oh i just did, but it was that kind of performance yesterday.

• 56 Assam Toon // Mar 31, 2013 at 7:37 PM

*…..fergie didnt get the better of him…..

• 57 Lucky Les // Mar 31, 2013 at 7:37 PM

Has anyone seen Stoke’s remaining fixtures?They could decide who will go down and it might even be themselves.I understand they have won only one league game in 2013 and they have to play,Villa,QPR,Norwich,Sunderland and Southampton .There other 2 games Man Utd and Spurs .They have one point more than us at present and play Villa at home on Saturday.Playing five relegation rivals is this a good or bad thing .If we start the relegation threatened teams as those being on 34 points there are 9 in the group.We play only 2 namely Sunderland and QPR. We can look forward to worry and stress but hopefully a happy ending !

• 58 Fridge // Mar 31, 2013 at 7:37 PM

I want pardew out. Not because we lost yesterday but because we have lost 16!!!! Matches out Of 31 played and deservedly so. Our play has no imagination and no plan. It seems as if he says to his players all the defensive duties and tasks but when it comes to the offensives its just go and try and score a goal. Like he said about ben arfa remember. There is a strong link tactically when you set up your play when switching from defensive Work and into offensive Work. And pardew cant tell one from the other it seems like.

• 59 Rotonda heights // Mar 31, 2013 at 8:00 PM

Excuses excuses

Yesterday

Jonas Argentinian international
    Taylor England squad
    M’Biwa French international
    Anita Dutch internatonal
    Cabaye French international
    Cisse Senegal international
    Sissoko French international
    Simpson Until recently first choice
    Obertan French B
    Gouffran French B
    Eliot touted for Irish squad

Even with a couple of players out that all teams have, we still have a way better squad than all the bottom 10 and some higher. Good players, mediocre manager.

• 60 Jail for Ashley // Mar 31, 2013 at 8:04 PM

Fridge,
    I was at SBRs last home game in charge against Norwich a game we managed to draw after being 2-0 up, it really saddened me to hear the amount of people saying he had to go, we then ended up with fifth choice manager Graham Souness and imo we have never fully recovered from that.

• 61 Rotonda heights // Mar 31, 2013 at 8:07 PM

JB

Shearer was a very poor manager who could not motivate his best pals Owen, Duff, Butt, Given etc.

Bad example but there are some guys out there who could come in and really lift a team not crush the life out of it’s flair players.

• 62 Jail for Ashley // Mar 31, 2013 at 8:08 PM

Rotonda,
    You’re in danger of sounding like catchy.

• 63 NUFC_LEAZES END // Mar 31, 2013 at 8:09 PM

@rotonda

You possess a very fair point their.
    I kept thinking of excuses yesterday about the players that we started but apart from Obertan, I couldn’t think of anything :/

• 64 JackButler // Mar 31, 2013 at 8:10 PM

Rotonda heights

the point was the timing of the sacking more than the appointment of Shearer, if we had brought in someone proven then things could have been very different.
    Tbh I can only see Di Canio upsetting the sunderland players and not lifting them to fight their way out of trouble

• 65 One comment a day // Mar 31, 2013 at 8:12 PM

Pards has changed his mind then since Friday, when he told Timmy that he was being kept for a bigger game-Benfica.

• 66 Rotonda heights // Mar 31, 2013 at 8:14 PM

Band B

It was ridiculous saying we were safe so early.
    Cue players motivation dropping off in one fell swoop

• 67 Rotonda heights // Mar 31, 2013 at 8:17 PM

JB

Di Canio could be an inspired choice or an unmitigated disaster.

I think they were definitely gone with O’neill.

• 68 Fridge // Mar 31, 2013 at 8:18 PM

Jfa
    Couldnt agree more. I seem to remember SBR first game in charge aswell. 8-1 was it not?

• 69 JackButler // Mar 31, 2013 at 8:19 PM

Rotonda heights

I just don’t see the point at this stage of the season sacking your manager unless you have someone better already lined up

• 70 Jail for Ashley // Mar 31, 2013 at 8:20 PM

Rotonda,
    Yes that is a fair point about a team almost full of internationals .

• 71 Rotonda heights // Mar 31, 2013 at 8:21 PM

jail

I’m not as extreme as Catchy perhaps, but can definitely see where he, Robin and others are coming from.

• 72 Spoof // Mar 31, 2013 at 8:21 PM

Rotunda, I apologise for the delay in replying to Pardew on the previous thread, my wife dragged me out.
    Pardew’s managerial record, Reading promoted, West Ham promoted in Europe and he achieved what is still their highest ever PL finish, Soton he got to the play-offs after a 10 point penalty at the start of the season, Charlton relegated but he joined at Christmas when they were already cast adrift, but he nearly saved them.
    Robin Hood is a myth, you can see The great wall of China from the moon is a myth, Alan Pardew has a bad managerial record is also a myth, the only time he has really struggled to get results as a manager was with West Ham, but that was probably due to a higher expectancy due to his previous success.

• 73 Jail for Ashley // Mar 31, 2013 at 8:23 PM

Fridge,
    Aye it was Sheff Wed, I was living in Australia at the time so missed that one.

• 74 Rotonda heights // Mar 31, 2013 at 8:25 PM

JB

No I’m not saying do it now necessarily, but the lack of fight and any attacking ideas was very worrying yesterday and we have difficult games coming up and our poor goal difference totally reflects Pardew’s negative mindset and philosophy

• 75 yo-yo // Mar 31, 2013 at 8:28 PM

rotonda @10

No idea what your point is. I can see where you’re coming from though and we are very unlikely to agree.

Also – as Di Matteo had a similar if not worse run with WBA prior to losing his job then his record must be equally questionable. To paint him as a potential upgrade to AP, as some do, is a joke imo.

• 76 JackButler // Mar 31, 2013 at 8:29 PM

Rotonda heights

I said earlier today that I think Ashley could replace Pardew come the summer, he’s far more proactive these days with the running of the club as is a very ruthless business man who will not think twice about replacing anyone if he thinks there’s someone better who he can bring in to take us forward

• 77 Jail for Ashley // Mar 31, 2013 at 8:31 PM

Spoof,
    It’s hard to say that he’s got a good record as well though when he’s now guided to clubs to their worst ever PL runs.

• 78 woolerbill // Mar 31, 2013 at 8:34 PM

Please stop using this word ( IF). You get nothing for it this game. You have to play the beautiful came, not Pardew’s game.

• 79 Mag.no // Mar 31, 2013 at 8:34 PM

I think one of our main problems now is that we have Carr scouting players and Pardew using them. They are on two opposite worlds when it comes to football.

Carr has evolved with the game and are scouting modern fotballers, and Pardew would probably do a lot better with a Stoke-type of squad.

Who would i rather keep? Well, it goes without saying. We deserve enertaining fotball.

• 80 Rotonda heights // Mar 31, 2013 at 8:34 PM

Spoof

Amazing how you omitted and failed to mention

1) Pardew presided over 2 record losing streaks at 2 different clubs, us and West Ham.

2) Virtually relegated West Ham before Curbishley was drafted in at the 11th hour and restored Tevez and Mascherano over Harewood and Mullins

3) His lack of any meaningful trophies

• 81 Spoof // Mar 31, 2013 at 8:35 PM

yo-yo@75, I’m a bit confused, if you can’t see Rotonda’s point then how can you see where he is coming from. lol

• 82 GeordieTwo // Mar 31, 2013 at 8:35 PM

It’s a difficult time to post and not be negative so here it is for me:
    Obertan should be out of the squad in the summer. He is hopeless and has lost anything he ever had. No help coming from our coaching staff for attacking players either. Will Gouffran be the next winger ruined by us?
    Pardew should be shot for ruining Ben Arfa’s season. Brought him back too soon before Christmas, then brought him on in Russia on a frozen artifical pitch.
    We have no idea how to attack whatsoever. Sissoko has been completely wasted in the last few games. Cisse is completely on his own and still can’t stay onside.
    What happened to the concept of box to box midfielders? We just can’t seem to manage it. Are our training methods up to date?
    Who is in charge of the offense among the coaches and how do we plan to attack? I can’t see any plan being executed in games. I could carry on but let’s leave it until after the Fulham and Sunderland games and see where we stand then. If we lose to Sunderland or both we could be in deep trouble.

• 83 yo-yo // Mar 31, 2013 at 8:37 PM

Jail

I hope we can find a role for Anita other than being another utility sub.
    He is and could be a class act for us but we’re not playing his way just now.

• 84 yo-yo // Mar 31, 2013 at 8:38 PM

Spoof

As a sub-Catchy Pardew hater

• 85 p // Mar 31, 2013 at 8:40 PM

Well i have always said pardew is mediocre but, to be honest tere should not be any hysteria about yesterday; we lost key players whilst they had them returning; they were at the top of their game, we were not.

You can’t draw too many conclusions from one game against the most expensive team in europe.

• 86 yo-yo // Mar 31, 2013 at 8:40 PM

Geordie 2

Shoot the medics ?
    If the advice on HBA from our own guys and Clarefontaine was that he was match ready (despite being a bit porky) then what should AP have done ?

• 87 Rotonda heights // Mar 31, 2013 at 8:43 PM

yo-yo

you said ashley showed great loyalty. I guess Hughton wouldn’t necessarily agree with you and Ashley previously had 4 managers in one season.

• 88 JackButler // Mar 31, 2013 at 8:44 PM

yo-yo

Do you think that bringing HBA back on a freezing cold night to play on an artificial pitch was a good idea by our medical staff was the right call???

• 89 Rotonda heights // Mar 31, 2013 at 8:44 PM

yo yo

not play him from the start on a plastic pitch in sub zero conditions. Just a thought!!

• 90 Spoof // Mar 31, 2013 at 8:44 PM

Rotonda, what you say is true, but what is also true is that, apart from Charlton due to circumstances before he joined, when Pardew has left or been sacked from a club they have been in a stronger position than what they were before he joined, that cannot be argued, what can be argued is whether he can succeed at a big club with owners who support him, as he has never had that opportunity I suggest with his record that we give him a chance, and so far he has not been backed with us but Derek Llambias has said that last summers none strengthening is a lesson learn’t and it will not be repeated again, Alan Pardew is the right man for us, what he needs is support from the owners.

• 91 Rotonda heights // Mar 31, 2013 at 8:46 PM

spoof

yeah that had me foxed too!!!

• 92 Jail for Ashley // Mar 31, 2013 at 8:49 PM

Spoof,
    All good and well saying lessons have been learned but it will all sound a bit hollow if we find ourselves in the Championship next year.

• 93 JackButler // Mar 31, 2013 at 8:50 PM

The amount of hamstring injuries we have had is frightening

• 94 Rotonda heights // Mar 31, 2013 at 8:51 PM

spoof

I would emphatically suggest that Pardew is not the man for us. He’s got better players and still looks clueless. Let’s face it he’d play Messi as a winger and tell him to track back!!

• 95 GeordieTwo // Mar 31, 2013 at 8:52 PM

Pardew also said “ready or not he’s got to come back into the lineup” before Christmas when Benny did his hamstring again. I’m not making that up. It was definitely said by Pardew. How do you explain that kind of attitude. The man is clueless at times. I notice he never mentions Benny’s name now. He doesn’t dare bring him up. I agree we can’t sack Pardew this season but if we sit somewhere near the bottom quarter of the table by the midpoint of next season he should be gone. I still remain completely unconvinced by him.

• 96 Spoof // Mar 31, 2013 at 8:54 PM

JFA, very true, but QPR and Reading are already doomed, and Sunderland couldn’t score in a brothel with a £50 note wrapped around their d–cks, as a result they will go down and we will be safe

• 97 Tommyy // Mar 31, 2013 at 8:56 PM

The frustrating thing is, i’d so much rather see Hughton in charge with this squad than Pardew.

• 98 Spoof // Mar 31, 2013 at 8:58 PM

Roronda @93, perhaps he would, but then against Chelsea he did ask Sissoko who is a holding midfielder to play at number 10, what a foolish decision that was !

• 99 Jail for Ashley // Mar 31, 2013 at 8:58 PM

Geordie two,
    I’m not joining the clamour to have him sacked now but if he’s backed in the summer and we find ourselves struggling then I think other options have to be considered.

• 100 Spoof // Mar 31, 2013 at 8:59 PM

JFA, that has got to be the approach

• 101 Jail for Ashley // Mar 31, 2013 at 9:00 PM

Spoof,
    I think we should be ok but it’s going to be a nervous run in.

• 102 Tommyy // Mar 31, 2013 at 9:00 PM

I think Pardew was brought in initially to handle our big ego’s at the time, that must have been a large factor in handing him the job along with the idea that he had more experience to see us through that season.
    Since then though things have changed dramatically and Pardew is simply out of his depth and knowledge zone. He’s a man of kick and rush English players, not cultured Europeans. That is where the problem lies, and to use one of his own sayings, trying to fit a square peg into a round hole.

• 103 JackButler // Mar 31, 2013 at 9:01 PM

Last season we had 27 significant injuries (meaning an injury that lasted for more than 14 days). This meant we lost a combined 1258 days with an average of 46.6 days per injury.

That list does not include injuries that only kept players out for single games at a time and made us come fourth out of the league

• 104 Tommyy // Mar 31, 2013 at 9:04 PM

We also seem to be using Chelsea as wedge when judging how good a team we are. They have been awful this season by their usual standards and have dropped points left, right and center recently. Therefore using them as an example of some terrific scalp for me is wrong, look at Southampton. It is by no means an indication that we are a strong side.
    Granted we did play well in periods though.

• 105 Rotonda heights // Mar 31, 2013 at 9:06 PM

spoof

By the law of averages he’s going to get something right, but lately Sissoko has looked lost and shattered and true to form Pardew has no plan B for him.

Look if you’re happy with the dross on display that’s your call.

• 106 yo-yo // Mar 31, 2013 at 9:06 PM

Rotonda JB etc

If the medics’ advice was that he was fit to play does it matter where it was or when ?
    I suspect that Benny’s injuries have been misdiagnosed or proved to be more complicated than anticipated by both sets of doctors – sports injuries are not a precise art. I wouldn’t blame Pardew for this.
    If you want to use it as a another stick to beat him with hindsight then that’s your choice.

I think AP only ever intended to play Benny for part of the game anyway which is why he started rather than came on as sub.

I’m more concerned that he was obviously not match fit despite being cleared to play – and being held back by Pardew after he came back from France. Maybe Clarefontaine isn’t as good as its supposed to be.

• 107 AndyNUFC // Mar 31, 2013 at 9:07 PM

I can just imagine even if we sat 10th and had Europa quarter finals people would still want Pardew gone. Why? He’s had an amazing season, its not his fault we didn’t replace Ba, Cisse can’t find form or we’ve had to use 31 players from injuries and extra fixtures. If we have the same luck with injuries next year, at least hopefully we’ll strengthen the team to cope with it.

You can say what you want about his tactics, but he could still win us Europa!

• 108 beddersmag // Mar 31, 2013 at 9:10 PM

I have previously suggested it might be worth trying jonas at left back. On that evidence i may have been wrong. All at sea. Ffs why he didnt use his right and clear the ball for first goal when a yard in front of his man i will never know. I would give pards until next season personally but was a real low yesterday. Hate to say it but our lack of luck and momentum has reminded me of the relegation season and sadly a heavy defeat in the first leg of the europa might save our premier place because we wont win many games with uefa the priority in many players eyes (imo). Worried……

• 109 JackButler // Mar 31, 2013 at 9:12 PM

yo-yo

Not blaming Pardew for playing HBA as our injury problems have gone for years now and we never seen to be able to get away from them.

I honestly think the issue is with the players conditioning and the medical team we have as the amount of players we loose through muscle strains and pulls is ridiculouse

• 110 yo-yo // Mar 31, 2013 at 9:13 PM

Rotonda

There was a radio programme about Ashley and his management style – and my comments reported what was said there about how he works and how he sticks with his management team. Hasnb’t he done exactly that with Pardew ?
    Your four managers comment included some desperation measures and some circumstances beyond his control, rather than the normal way he does business, I think you’ll find

• 111 JackButler // Mar 31, 2013 at 9:15 PM

AndyNUFC

He could still win us the Europa League just as he could still get us relegated which would be an unmitigated disaster for the club long term.

I honestly couldn’t give a rat’s arse about the Europa Cup now as survival is far more important to the club than lifting a trophy at this point in time

• 112 beddersmag // Mar 31, 2013 at 9:15 PM

Jack utler

Thats interesting do you have this seasons injury stats as a comparison?

I know people one here hate the idea of 442 but id be bringing big andy back and giving cisse a big man to fee off next year. Hes been useless this season and would be a different player with some physical support i reckon. Not necessarily every game but at least having a plan b would be a start

• 113 Jail for Ashley // Mar 31, 2013 at 9:17 PM

You can’t compare last seasons injuries and this seasons disaster, the first half lack of form was purely down to a seriously understrength squad, we then showed signs of a revival before being hit with a fresh bunch of injuries,
    The low morale of the squad was imo directly caused by the idiotic transfer policy of last summer, the same players that had worked so hard must have felt badly let down, can you imagine a platoon being told to defend a bridge and defy all odds to do so then just when the mission is complete they get told reinforcements will be coming to relieve them only to find out that they’ve been lied to they’d all start waving the white flag

• 114 yo-yo // Mar 31, 2013 at 9:20 PM

JB

Agree we have had a long term problem with player conditoning and I still think we are not match fit as a side to play 95 mins. Might it be to do with the NE climate ?

• 115 Spoof // Mar 31, 2013 at 9:21 PM

Rotonda, of course I am not happy, who could be, what I am attempting to do is balance the critism a bit, playing Obertan rather than Marveaux against City was imo wrong, and why have Cabaye sitting deep alongside Tiote when Anita could play alongside Tiote which would allow Cabaye to play further forward where I feel he is better, at the expense of the now past it Jonas, that to me should be a formality, Pardew is not perfect, but at the same time who is, I honestly don’t believe we could have done better with a different manager

• 116 Rotonda heights // Mar 31, 2013 at 9:22 PM

Jail

very fair point but imagine how let down the likes of cabaye, m’biwa, anita etc must feel thinking they were coming to play for a ”footballing” team

• 117 GeordieTwo // Mar 31, 2013 at 9:25 PM

Yes we’re back to having 1 or 2 critical games to save our skins again just as before Christmas. Now it’s Fulham and Sunderland. Sunderland will have a new manager by then and usually that lifts a team for a few games. We may yet panic but I can’t see Ashley sacking Pardew no matter what happens now. It’s far too late to do that. Surely we can scrounge up 5 or 6 points out of the last 7 games and stay up. If not that would be pathetic after bringing in 5 decent players in January.

• 118 Rotonda heights // Mar 31, 2013 at 9:26 PM

Spoof

You say

* * * * * *
    Spoof if you and I and with respect we are the man on the street can see the above, then isn’t it very worrying that the guy getting paid the big bucks can’t.

• 119 JackButler // Mar 31, 2013 at 9:27 PM

yo-yo

Don’t think it has anything to do to the climate in the NE, I honestly thinks it’s the fact that our conditioning and medical staff are simply not good enough for what we need.

I remember that Sheppard, Sir Bobby and co where going to have the training surface looked at as it was thought that the make-up of the pitches was wrong, meaning that they were far to hard and put additional strain on the players muscles. Not sure if this was ever followed through or not. But something has to change or we will always have to deal with a massive injury list

• 120 Rotonda heights // Mar 31, 2013 at 9:29 PM

bedders

if carrol comes back we may as well flog all our ball players now.

• 121 nufc_eire // Mar 31, 2013 at 9:30 PM

I’d ignore the europa cup really at this stage and focus on the games against fulham and sunderland. They are the two games we have to win or theres a good chance we will go down. The other games we have left are not very winnable! Our other two home games are against arsenal and liverpool, both are hitting form now. Our away games are against average enough opposition but our away form has been shocking so its hard to expect a win at these places

Id play something like this team against benfica (btw not sure who is back fit or not)

—————————Elliot———————————-
    —Simpson—–Williamson—-Colo(Saylor)—Anita–
    —————Bigirimana———Gosling——————–
    —-Marveaux———————————-Obertan——
    ——————–Campbell—–Ameobi———————-

I’d play long ball tactics and counterattack and then play this team vs Fulham

——————————–Elliot——————————-
    —Santon———Mbwia———-Saylor——-Haidara—
    ——————Perch————–Sissoko——————–
    —————————-Cabaye——————————–
    ———-Gutierrez—————————–Marveaux——
    —————————-Cisse———————————–

And really have a go at them. If both results look promising you could then look at putting some of the bigger hitters in against benfica in the second leg. Otherwise I’d ply these same teams against benfica and sunderland again

I think pardew should be given the first 6 games of next season to get it right. If there isnt a change in mentality (ignoring results), then he should be let go

• 122 funguswatty // Mar 31, 2013 at 9:34 PM

Sunderland AFC have confirmed the appointment of Paolo Di Canio as Head Coach on a two and a half year deal.

• 123 Ash toon // Mar 31, 2013 at 9:35 PM

@Spoof

Are you actually Alan Pardew in disguise?
    Take the blinkers off son! Pardew does not have the tactical skill set for sustained life in the Premiership. Proven 1st time with West Ham and now us. He doesn’t seem to get the best out of the modern day footballer that Graham Carr provides for him. I will say he is a good manager though – in the championship!

• 124 Spoof // Mar 31, 2013 at 9:36 PM

Yes Rotonda it is, but at the same time could you or me, the men on the street see the rest of my post which you omitted

“Last season we had a settled side, against Man U we played long ball as Vidic wasn’t playing, Stoke away we harassed and pressed the life out of them, West Brom and Swansea away was the complete opposite of Stoke, we sat back and forced them to come at us and we hit them on the break, different tactics for different teams, Pardew done a great job, this season he has not had that opportunity, at times he has hardly had enough players to name a squad, but if Pardew has the players at his disposal he can and does change the way we play to get a result, what more can be expected from him”

You can’t pick and choose parts of a comment, you have to take the entirety, that was a bit naughty Rotonda, as a penance, 3 Hail Mary’s, and a promise that you will not be naughty again
    BAD LAD LOL, but I like your style !

• 125 check the toastie // Mar 31, 2013 at 9:39 PM

Pardew should be sacked, should have been 3 months ago, if anybody thinks he is getting the best out of this squad of international footballers they are delusional, generally the football served up is stale, slow and devoid of any creative thinking,

I cannot believe we are still in a position were we could get relegated, the manager is clueless, look at his career record, he is not up to the job. Sack him now, please.

• 126 Spoof // Mar 31, 2013 at 9:41 PM

Ash toon, you say that Pardew is a poor manager, I beg to differ, that is our perogative as we are entitled to our own opinions, if you read pervious posts on this thread you will see how I have justified my belief as to why Pardew is a decent manager, obviously I have concentrated on the positives, so why don’t you do the same, but concentrate on the negatives, and once we analise them I bet you a pound to a penny the positives far outway the negatives.

• 127 bringbackemre // Mar 31, 2013 at 9:42 PM

Pardews side doesnt thrill every game but does on occasion it depends on the opposition . It’s ridiculous we have been looking for his sacking after what he achieved last season that is the main problem with this club , nothing is good enough . The same fans that are complaining about style would stlll be complaining even more we were losing games . Pardew has been unlucky with injuries this season , if we stay up I think it wil lbe a good season with our eurpoa league perfromances.
    I dont like his style though , unlike most of you it’s gutierrez who I feel has fulfilled his potential under pardew and has suffered as well as other players . Our team 2010/2011 had way more potential in my view would love to see if we got a ball playing foward and kept enrique and see where we’d be . Probably wouldnt have finished 5th though :) which was a great achievement
    . We dont give Pardew enough credit .

• 128 JackButler // Mar 31, 2013 at 9:43 PM

check

Sack him now and bring in who exactly???

I seem to remember that we tried that once and Shearer came in (the man that most fans wanted) and we all know how that ended.

Sacking Pardew now would be suicidal for the club as we would not get anyone good enough to replace him

• 129 bringbackemre // Mar 31, 2013 at 9:46 PM

some fans are so delusional i remeber people lookng for the likes of mourinho and capello to come in

• 130 NUFC_LEAZES END // Mar 31, 2013 at 9:47 PM

Di canio has been confirmed as sunderland boss and has signed a 2 year contract!!!

• 131 yo-yo // Mar 31, 2013 at 9:55 PM

Jail @112

A pretty neat way of describing what happened

• 132 Spoof // Mar 31, 2013 at 9:56 PM

Thanks for that Leazers, did you know that David Milliband the Sunderland vice chairman has also resigned because of the appointment, the poor little buggers are in turmoil, ahh bless them ?

• 133 JAMSHA // Mar 31, 2013 at 9:56 PM

team for benfica

——————Harper——————-

Simo———Willo——-Good——-?—-

Obertan——–Bigi——Gosling—-Jonas

————–Shola—Campbell————

• 134 NUFC_LEAZES END // Mar 31, 2013 at 10:00 PM

@spoof

Yeah man, something to do with di canio being a facist hahahahaha

Di canio is going to get some grief when he comes to SJP.
    I mite take a banner saying ‘you facist b*****d’ just for the crack

• 135 yo-yo // Mar 31, 2013 at 10:01 PM

Maybe Di Canio can get Fletcher and Cattermole up off their sick beds and walk.

• 136 NUFC_LEAZES END // Mar 31, 2013 at 10:04 PM

@jamsha

Could get a good kicking with that team, but tbf what other options do we have apart from playing players that are usually in our squad and risk exhaustion.

This is the team I’d go with.

Elliot
    Simmo saylor willo m’biwa
    Perch cabaye
    Jonas Campbell marveaux
    Cisse

• 137 yo-yo // Mar 31, 2013 at 10:08 PM

At least the mackems should have delayed the announcement by a few hours

• 138 JackButler // Mar 31, 2013 at 10:09 PM

Inspired choice or disaster in waiting???

• 139 Big Pappa Cissé // Mar 31, 2013 at 10:13 PM

@ JB

I can’t wait till he comes to St. James’ and gets stick from 50,000 Geordies :) . I predict a meltdown on the sidelines

• 140 NUFC_LEAZES END // Mar 31, 2013 at 10:15 PM

Who else is actually going to the derby game.??????

• 141 Peter // Mar 31, 2013 at 10:15 PM

Di canio will be a media darling like red knapp. Fitting that both should be relegated by the end of the season.
    All we/Newcastle need is 2 wins and with teams left it is almost certainly possible. Bring on the Europa league as I am
    Living in a pardew freaking wonderland
    Toon Toon Black and White Army!!!!!!

• 142 Spoof // Mar 31, 2013 at 10:16 PM

Leazersender, Di Canio is a facist, which he makes no attempt to hide, but we have to be careful, political correctness gone mad and all that nonsense, stick to the football, he is known for upsetting his players, I am sure he will unsettle the unwashed and take them down, that will do for me

• 143 JackButler // Mar 31, 2013 at 10:17 PM

@Big Pappa Cissé

the guy was a great player but is a nut case and I can’t see his antic’s going down well with over paid, over hyped premier league premadonna’s.

Really hope it blows up in sunderland’s faces

• 144 NUFC_LEAZES END // Mar 31, 2013 at 10:19 PM

@spoof

I know am getting carried away as per usual, I’ll just shout abuse at him when he gets off the coach at SJP along with his relegation party ;)

• 145 GeordieTwo // Mar 31, 2013 at 10:19 PM

How will we set up against Fulham? Surely not just Cisse on his own up front again? Gouffran has to get into the game early and I don’t want to see any sight of Obertan. Surely it must be Marveaux. And we must press them right from the start not sit back and try long balls to Cisse and hope he doesn’t go offside. This will take a huge team effort with several of our best players still injured.

• 146 Spoof // Mar 31, 2013 at 10:20 PM

Leazers @139, season ticket, so I will be there, only problem is, I work nightshift, I sart at 10pm, so I have to stay sober, now that is a nightmare, unless I take a sicky ?

• 147 JTOONJ // Mar 31, 2013 at 10:21 PM

NUFC_LEAZES END

me!

haha milliband has stepped down as assistant chairman cause of di canio!

• 148 Spoof // Mar 31, 2013 at 10:23 PM

NUFC, thats better bonny lad, but if we lose, sod political correctness we neuk mackemland ?

• 149 JTOONJ // Mar 31, 2013 at 10:23 PM

Big Pappa Cissé

*52,000 ;) its a sell out!

• 150 NUFC_LEAZES END // Mar 31, 2013 at 10:25 PM

@spoof

It sounds like a sicky situation haha

And good to hear TOONJ :)

Tbh I don’t think the mackems will be arsed about Wallace anyways, he’s only an mp haa

• 151 Spoof // Mar 31, 2013 at 10:27 PM

JB@142, I don’t think they are over hyped, everyone knows that they are s–te, lol

• 152 JTOONJ // Mar 31, 2013 at 10:28 PM

NUFC_LEAZES END

Lets just hope we start better than last year, it was so edgy worst start to derby day for awhile!

• 153 NUFC_LEAZES END // Mar 31, 2013 at 10:32 PM

@JTOONJ

I know, we were on the back foot until Ben arfa came on in the second half and then when shola came on to put them in their place.

I hope we attack from the start against them

• 154 GeordieTwo // Mar 31, 2013 at 10:37 PM

With players like Sissoko and Cabaye in the midfield we should dominate Fulham at home. Stretch the game from the wings with Gouffran and Marveaux. Put several players into the box and force errors from them. Defend like our lives depend on it (our Prem life is at stake after all).

• 155 nick_9 // Mar 31, 2013 at 10:59 PM

Wonder how its going to pan out with di canio, he will certainly have them riled up for the derby but I’m sure us fans can change that once we get making some noise.

On pardew has anyone suggested that new coaching staff may help? Pardew is old fashioned and stubborn but all the coaching staff have to shoulder some of the blame. I would really love to see us train, I don’t remember seeing the whole team practising shooting before the game at all this season at sjp.

• 156 Tommyy // Mar 31, 2013 at 11:05 PM

We should go back to the 433 of last year. Tiote, Cabaye and Sissoko in the middle would dominate most teams at home, then Marveux, Cisse and Gouffran up top with Marveux linking in between would be excellent. We just have to stop isolating Cisse, it’s killing him.

• 157 Big Pappa Cissé // Mar 31, 2013 at 11:21 PM

@ tommy

I agree. We play way to defensive with the 4-2-3-1 and Cisse is totally iscolated

• 158 Big Pappa Cissé // Mar 31, 2013 at 11:23 PM

Although I would have Anita or Perch over Tiote on recent form

• 159 NUFC_LEAZES END // Mar 31, 2013 at 11:29 PM

@tommy

Literally about to say that before, and so I couldn’t agree with you anymore.
    Tiote in the middle of a 4-3-3 is where he truly belongs because that way he can act as the anchor and he only needs to pass left or right to fantastic players that could link the play up with marveaux cisse and Ben arfa or marveaux.

Cisse just doesn’t have the physicality to battle it out with 2 CBs that are most of the time twice his strength.

Last year with the 4-3-3 we were very fluent and our counter attacking was one of the best in the league,that’s what I hope to see again at newcastle very soon, with or without pardew.

One of the main reasons why I want us to sign Pierre emerick aubemeyang is because he’s the type of player we need, hes like a way better version of gouffran

• 160 stuart no9 // Mar 31, 2013 at 11:30 PM

the mackems with a new manager- our form at the minute as bad as i can remember mmm , times could be better. i was wondering if ash would still be mates wiyh pards if we end up relegated , and effectively costing his mate about £80m. i think ash needs to get his business head on pretty soon.

• 161 ash1001 // Apr 1, 2013 at 12:02 AM

Di Canio could well have good effect on Sunderland, just as the new guy at Southampton has although at the time nobody thought that way. We are in the mire, and that’s a fact, is Pardew the guy capable of getting us out of it – after yesterday it’s doubtful. Ts been said before ” loosing the dressing room ” comes to mind, yesterday we were rubbish. no effort, no nothing, so it’s down to the players and the manager

• 162 bobby vee // Apr 1, 2013 at 9:53 AM

Theres an old saying that a problem should be “nipped in the bud” and not allowed to fester. For Gods sake Ashley, wake up and put the cash down for a manager
    who will take the club forward! Pardew is certainly not the answer. This guy would get Barcelona relegated!
    One excuse after another to hide the fact that he is absolutely clueless on team selection, tactis etc . etc.
    The present squad of players should be a match for any
    team in the premier if coached correctly and given a sound format of what is required of them, obviously this
    is not being implimented. One away win all season? To me that’s a sackable offence in anyones book, and don’t
    give me the injuries and European matches as an excuse,
    all teams HAVE injuries, it goes with the job! and lets
    be honest the European opposition haven’t been exactly
    World Beaters – most would struggle to hold their own in the Championship

The reality is that we have a more than adequate squad to see off the majority of teams in the Premier, and with
    one or two quality signings for next season should be a match for anyone. The BIG question is “Will we be in the Premier next season – don’t hold your breath, the
    Fulham game is now a MUST win followed by a win overthe Scum to secure our Premiership status.

Think hard and fast Ashley, with the best will in the world Pardew is only taking us one way, and we all know where that is.

Rant over.

• 163 Roger // Apr 1, 2013 at 2:47 PM

If we don`t win against Fulham and Sunderland, we
    start next year not in the premier league.
    The only thing we had to do, is to bring Pardew out
    of Newcastle. He is not able to manage this club.
    We had a lot of good players, but Pardew is not the
    good manager for this players.
    Hope that I´m wrong, but at the moment i think
    we lost against Fulham and we also lost against
    Sunderland. And then?