The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!

Newcastle Youngster On Fire On Loan

2:13 pm, Wednesday, April 3rd, 2013 by Ed Harrison · 148 Comments

Newcastle’s Scottish U21 International Brad Inman is doing well on loan at Crewe Alexandra, and after being out for a while with an ankle injury, Brad returned last weekend, and scored against Bury on Friday night in the 2-2 draw.

brad inman crewe

Brad Inman - doing well at Crew Alexandra

Brad won the Wor Jackie award back in 2010, and the award is given to the best Newcastle U18 player each year, and is named after the great number 9 – Ashington-born Jackie Milburn – who scored 200 goals for Newcastle United in his career during the 1940s and 1950s.

Last Monday Brad, who was born in Adelaide, Australia, scored his second goal of the Easter weekend, as Crewe Alexandra beat Preston North End 1-0 on Monday, and they are currently lying in 12th place in League One.

In 19 appearances for Crewe, Brad now has 8 goals, which is not a bad return, and he’s on loan through the end of the season.

It’s going to be interesting to see what Alan Pardew does with some of his youngsters this summer, since a number of them are now at the stage where they have to break into the first team squad at Newcastle, or risk being allowed to leave Newcastle.

Brad turned 21 last December, and along with other youngsters like James Tavernier and Mehdi Abeid, it remains to be seen whether they will have a future on Tyneside, once Alan Pardew has another look at them in pre-season.

Brad has played 9 times for the Scotland U19 side and twice for the U21 side, and he qualifies to play for Scotland through his mother, who is Scottish.  B rad  grew up in Redwood Park, Adelaide and started playing football at the age of just 6, and he’s the youngest of four children, and he joined Newcastle in 2006 when he was 14 years old.

Crewe will play in the Johnstone’s Paint Trophy final against Southend at Wembley next Sunday, and Crewe will be hoping the young Newcastle striker is in his best goal-scoring form.

It will be interesting to see if Brad is still at Newcastle come September.

What do you think?

Tags: Brad Inman · Newcastle Academy · Newcastle News · Newcastle U21 · Newcastle Youth

148 responses so far ↓

• 1 ichrisho // Apr 3, 2013 at 2:17 PM

NGE

• 2 NUFC_LEAZES END // Apr 3, 2013 at 2:18 PM

I know the lad is doing well in league 1, doesn’t mean that hes ready for premier league, I would send him back out on loan preferably to a champsionship side next season ( sunderland or boro ), then we’ll see how the lad does in a harder league ;)

• 3 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Apr 3, 2013 at 2:22 PM

Ed you loan them out again. Just because they are 21 doesn’t make them ready for the PL.

…it is only a problem in terms of registration and another loan deal for alot of our youngsters turning 21 will solve that.

• 4 robin // Apr 3, 2013 at 2:30 PM

Icharsehole, still on spouting industrial amounts of bull! You should go and have a kip old son, all that thinking about how to appear right-on must have you worn out just like your patter.

• 5 ichrisho // Apr 3, 2013 at 2:35 PM

@Robin – Afternoon Sir….who wants to appear “Right-On”… ??? Thats the funniest thing I’ve heard in years…. thanks…

• 6 robin // Apr 3, 2013 at 2:36 PM

Aye i bet it is!

• 7 santonthenewmaldini // Apr 3, 2013 at 2:39 PM

Yeah send this lad , Sammy and Shane out again next season along with Abeid and Vuckic quite simply none of them have played enough games but Shane Ferguson at the moment would be miles better than Obertan or Jonas on the wings he has more assists this season than the 2 of them combined for the last 3 !!!Plus he tracks back and works hard

Don’t think Tavernier is going to make it so he will be sold along with Gosling

Also why has Amalfitino not even been sent out on loan?

• 8 Tsunki // Apr 3, 2013 at 2:44 PM

Robin – you seem a little irritable. Bedroom tax kickimg in this week?

• 9 NUFC_LEAZES END // Apr 3, 2013 at 2:46 PM

I know isn’t amalfitano like 24/25 ish? if hes not good enough send him on loan, if hes still not good enough get rid, its not as if he is like 20 or 21

• 10 ichrisho // Apr 3, 2013 at 2:48 PM

No TS – He’s just a mackem-loving, hun-loving scottish cunk

• 11 robin // Apr 3, 2013 at 2:49 PM

Tsunki, another irritable bowel,with no humour! The bedroom tax will not apply to you, being a rent boy.

• 12 robin // Apr 3, 2013 at 2:50 PM

Icharsehole, Celtic not more to your liking?

• 13 santonthenewmaldini // Apr 3, 2013 at 2:51 PM

@Leazes end

He is 23 I know Pardew said he would take a while to get used to the English league but come on we could have at least tried him in some of the games we have played surely?!

His brother was a late bloomer he did not get good till about 25 or 26 so maybe he will turn into a player but its still a waste of a space in the squad if he cant even get a look in in our current predicament…. Could also be that he is actually quite good but Pardew is too stubborn to give him a chance as well

• 14 Toon-Prodigy // Apr 3, 2013 at 2:55 PM

Santon,

I think Tavernier will stay for a while yet, he just signed a 3 yr deal in july.

I have to admit what I have seen of him, I can’t see him becoming a top class prem league fullback. Although he is only 21. Time is on his side to improve.

• 15 ichrisho // Apr 3, 2013 at 2:55 PM

Yep – Celtic are… not like you…. confused little hun boljocks… want to make something of this?

• 16 robin // Apr 3, 2013 at 3:02 PM

Icharsehole, get your handbag then!

• 17 Toon-Prodigy // Apr 3, 2013 at 3:04 PM

Howay, this is a football blog man.

Take it to MSN messenger ffs. Or get a hobby.

• 18 ichrisho // Apr 3, 2013 at 3:05 PM

Right Robin – Have it – what do you want? – some lippy or a tampon for your nose bleed… ? :) Huns – eh? they ruin everything even their own stinking no-hope country…

• 19 ichrisho // Apr 3, 2013 at 3:07 PM

Thanks Prodigy… this Robin dude is a total bam… dont know what his issue is bar being a mackem and a hun…

• 20 robin // Apr 3, 2013 at 3:09 PM

Icharsehole, you should be handcuffed to a ghost!

• 21 santonthenewmaldini // Apr 3, 2013 at 3:10 PM

@Toon Prodigy

Tavernier looks decent going forward but he is miles away from even Santon and Haidara’s level

He should be sent out on loan again for another season as I thought he could take over Simpson but he is actually worse than him and thats saying something

• 22 robin // Apr 3, 2013 at 3:13 PM

Icharsehole, are you actually English? Just that retarded bam and hun patter seems foreign.

• 23 Toon-Prodigy // Apr 3, 2013 at 3:14 PM

I see Fergie has extended his loan at Birmingham. He is doing well there.

I think this lad has a bright future, not sure if it will be at NUFC but one of the best youngings at the club without a shadow of a doubt.

• 24 ichrisho // Apr 3, 2013 at 3:16 PM

I’d say thats the last we might see of Fergie – I dont know what kind of work he would need doing to get him to a level where he can play PREM… he just too weak and is far too easily knocked off the ball… did you see his free-kick during the weekend? Holy sh1t it was quality.

• 25 Toon-Prodigy // Apr 3, 2013 at 3:17 PM

Santon,

He has did well when loaned out and that convinced Pardew to hand him a new deal. Is he loaned out at the moment? Championship would be a big test for him I’d think. Could possibly make or break him with NUFC

• 26 northernirishtoon // Apr 3, 2013 at 3:21 PM

Ichrisho

What fcuk are u doing coming on here calling boys huns u racist wee prick.

Fcuk off back to the hole u climbed out of.

I’ve seen boys kicked off the blog for worse

• 27 Lilongwe Geordie // Apr 3, 2013 at 3:24 PM

Tavernier won’t make it at Newcastle now, I very much doubt Fergie will ether. Both of them should have been on loan at championship level last season for the full season. Fergie is doing okay at Birmingham, but not doing anything to suggest he will be at a level that we would be looking for next season.

Inman has always looked like the pick of the bunch, and going to Crewe will bring him on leaps and bounds thanks to the way they help develop and bring youngsters through. The problem is it could be a year to late for him. Also, with him playing centre mid, that is the area we are strongest in, in terms of numbers and quality.

Out of our youngsters who have come through the academy, Campbell and Streete have the best chance, probably followed by Satko, but these kids need time starting games, and should be playing at a decent championship club, or a club with a reputation for developing youngsters all year next year.

• 28 Toon-Prodigy // Apr 3, 2013 at 3:25 PM

Ichrisho,

I’v never seen it. Where can I find it?

He has done ok when fielded for us, he is just lacking prem experience. We should never of fielded these young lads this season especially during our barron runs but it’s all we had. He will be a much better player for his loan spell, it will do his confidence the world of good. He’s got a quality left foot on him.

• 29 santonthenewmaldini // Apr 3, 2013 at 3:25 PM

@Toon

Don’t actually think he is on loan sure he is in the Europa squad is he not?

I think he was one of the players that Pardew thought could make the step up to save us a few bob but its not really worked out like that who knows he may come good in the future

Ferguson could potentially come good for us I know people say he is lightweight etc but the Championship is as physical a league as you can get he is about the same height as Cabaye!!Just give him the ball in dangerous areas see what he can do!His free kick last week was unreal and he also got 2 assists from a corner and a cross in the same game!

• 30 Agent Belfast 007 // Apr 3, 2013 at 3:26 PM

Fight Fight Fight Fight !!

I blame Skunki he’s always causing trouble…. ;)

• 31 Agent Belfast 007 // Apr 3, 2013 at 3:28 PM

Ferguson hit the post with a free kick the other day against Wolves again. The one against Palace was top drawer like..

• 32 Toon-Prodigy // Apr 3, 2013 at 3:29 PM

Lilongwe,

Agree about Tavernier, I’v seen nothing to suggest he is going to become an NUFC regular.

Out of them all, I’d like to see Fergie come through for us. I suppose that all depends on what he is like on his return.

• 33 ichrisho // Apr 3, 2013 at 3:35 PM

@Northern Ireland – Go funk yourself…

• 34 bollance // Apr 3, 2013 at 3:36 PM

Inman has been largely deployed as a right or left winger which makes his goals haul even more impressive.

He has an eye for a pass too so it would be interesting to see how many assists he has / chance creating passes.

A long way to go but he could be a player – definitely a prospect

• 35 ichrisho // Apr 3, 2013 at 3:37 PM

Prodify – I only saw it on League Show on BBC… I think thats on the iplayer isnt it? His assist for the other goal was also super-good… tell you what that right winger for Birmingham: Redmond is absolutely awesome…

• 36 ichrisho // Apr 3, 2013 at 3:39 PM

Prodigy – Sorry here it is: http://www.insideworldsoccer.com/2013/03/goal-shane-ferguson-freekick-birmingham-crystal-palace.html

• 37 Lilongwe Geordie // Apr 3, 2013 at 3:42 PM

Prodigy,

Don’t get me wrong, I would like to see all our youngsters come through to the level required, but I just don’t think we have the staff/strategy to bring them through. We wait too long to loan players out, and we haven’t forged ties with strong clubs who could help them develop. Our coaching staff is highly questionable, Carver went from coaching me at a junior level to being Bobby’s Assistant in the space of 3 years. As much as he was a top bloke, I’m not sold on his ability to coach technique at this level. Stone is another who I’m not sure what he offers. Beardsley had fall outs with several youngsters a few years back over his coaching methods as well. For me backroom staff needs a big over haul if Ashley is to realise his dream of bringing through talent regularly.

• 38 ichrisho // Apr 3, 2013 at 3:43 PM

Good Call Lilongwe – Carver was also a manager in the MLS.. wasnt he? I think we need to get a coach in… Chris Houghton would be just the right man if we hadnt have made him manager… he seems to be moving up and up – would you take him back?

• 39 Tsunki // Apr 3, 2013 at 3:45 PM

Belfast – is that you? I was worried. Apparently your Tweetbury account is defunct so I feared the worst.

As for robin – he is none other than billy/bob/ted so apart from apologising to him about the bedroom tax thing because its not appropriate I shall address him no more. Its not appropriate btw because the council don’t realise his sister is his wife so they don’t know he has a spare room ok ok sorry couldn’t resist :D

• 40 Toon-Prodigy // Apr 3, 2013 at 3:45 PM

Quality strike that aye. Cracking left foot

• 41 Lilongwe Geordie // Apr 3, 2013 at 3:48 PM

Ichriso

Redmond is one of the youngsters I would have gone after in January, similar to the Butland deal, sign him and loan him back for the season. They are desperate for cash so the price would have been reasonable.

• 42 Toon-Prodigy // Apr 3, 2013 at 3:51 PM

Lilongwe,

Carver was coaching Newcastle boys when I was younger aswell. And thats going back 18 years or so. I always wondered how he swam through the ranks and ended up Bobbys number two so fast.

He does have a shed load of experience now though I suppose.

• 43 Tsunki // Apr 3, 2013 at 3:51 PM

Hang on – “I’ve seen boys kicked off the blog for…WORSE“? Ha ha I suppose that makes sense. :)

• 44 ichrisho // Apr 3, 2013 at 3:53 PM

Aye – I was surprised that we didnt go for Butland and Redmond especially with aul’ Lee Clark in charge down there… I would say Redmind has been earmarked by someone else namely Arsenal or Spurs… another fast right winger which will cost about 15-20m… ridiculous…

• 45 Lilongwe Geordie // Apr 3, 2013 at 3:55 PM

Hughton? At the drop of a hat. Steve Round at Everton is another top class coach. I think he was with us for a year when Bobby was here. I imagine he is a major part of why Everton have been relatively successful under Moyes.

Yeah, Carver was in the MLS, left there and joined Plymouth I think, before moving to Leeds and then Newcastle this time, or maybe Leeds and Plymouth other way round, can’t quite remember.

The strongest point of our coaching team was Paul Barron, and he was replaced by Woodman. (Barron was responsible for coaching Harper and Given for c.8 years, developing Krul, Forster, and young Jak Alnwick who is a youth international.) I found that an odd decision, but Woodman hasn’t done too much wrong, and of course he brought his son with him who looks another excellent goalkeeping prospect.

• 46 daztoon // Apr 3, 2013 at 3:58 PM

The kid has a great left foot no doubt and defiantly ain’t a left back,Him and Campbell are way ahead of our other prospects who will struggle to make the grade me thinks

• 47 ichrisho // Apr 3, 2013 at 4:00 PM

Houghton back as Coach – what a move…. but he has VanWolfswinkel now… so we better watch out… I thought how he handeled his time at NUFC and how he handled the departure especially means we should always look to Houghton when he is available in the years to come…

Lilongwe
    Did anyone know that Andy Woodman and Rob Elliott are related and also used to live 2 houses down from Pardew when at Charlton – that is the old boys club that replaced Paul Barron…. he’s at Notts. Forest now…

• 48 ichrisho // Apr 3, 2013 at 4:04 PM

Afternoon Daz – Do you think any of the youngsters are gonna make it? I would say Richardson maybe… and Campbell but he’s gonna get a kickin’ in the top level games… thats if they can catch him… :)

• 49 Toon-Prodigy // Apr 3, 2013 at 4:05 PM

Lilongwe,

Thats interesting

• 50 Toon-Prodigy // Apr 3, 2013 at 4:07 PM

Sorry I meant Ichrisho.

About Rob Elliot, Pardew & Woodman

• 51 Lilongwe Geordie // Apr 3, 2013 at 4:07 PM

Ichriso,
    He was being touted as 6mill in January, Birmingham have to sell, hence Butland only being 4mill.

It wouldn’t make sense to buy Butland, unless Krul is leaving. We have Krul, Elliot, and then Alnwick who is at the age where he can start to push for a place or a loan spell.

Prodigy,
    Experience, yes, but only with Newcastle is any of that experience at a top level. Let’s be realistic. We had to appoint someone, the place was in turmoil following Hughtons sacking and Pardews appointment. Who better to smooth things out then a Geordie coach who worked with Sir Bobby at the club. It is a cynical view of his appointment, but I feel a realistic one.

• 52 Lilongwe Geordie // Apr 3, 2013 at 4:12 PM

Ichriso,
    I knew there was a link, didn’t realise they were related or lived that closely. Yeah, my reaction at the appointment was it was an old boys reunion, but then a lot of managers have their favoured staff. Look at Martin O’Neill for example, had his trusted right hand man John Robertson with him everywhere except at Sunderland, and what happens? He has his worst managerial performance.

• 53 daztoon // Apr 3, 2013 at 4:13 PM

Afternoon Ichrisho
    Most of our young hopefuls have been talked up for years but not many have made the grade.To many old school coaches like to see maybe a Dutch coach to work with the youngsters

• 54 Lilongwe Geordie // Apr 3, 2013 at 4:14 PM

What on earth has happened to Richardson this year? I heard he went to Gillingham on loan recently but is struggling to get on their bench even?

• 55 Toon-Prodigy // Apr 3, 2013 at 4:16 PM

This game tomorrow is going to be difficult.

Benfica have only dropped 4 points at home all season. They have 10 out of 12 wins.

Lilongwe,

I don’t mind Carver at the Toon. I actually like the sound of having all geordie ex-players who are now coaching back here. Clarky will be back one day I reckon. Maybe not for a long time but I think he will.

• 56 Tsunki // Apr 3, 2013 at 4:20 PM

Are talking academy fallout rates again? This subject depresses me.

• 57 Transfer Sage // Apr 3, 2013 at 4:21 PM

Di canio has also announce today he isn’t a racist and doesn’t support fascist ideology so hopefully that will be dropped now by the media.

Just shows he probably didn’t fully understand what he was supporting when he made the comments, some people are a bit naive.

And yoyo

Throughout all countries history, even England not that log ago people conquered other countries with horrible casualties and ruined hundreds or thousands of years of tradition. Ours was in the name of empirialism and we were a capitalist country but still just as evil as some things by communists or fascists.

• 58 ichrisho // Apr 3, 2013 at 4:21 PM

Richardson was doing well and then he was on the bench – dont know what happened after that…. have seen him play and he is amighty good passer and is a total team player… I’d like to see him on the team in a few years… kind of David Batty with Skill.

Daz – I’d love to see a backroom change – something about our tactics is wrong and we all cant pin it on Pardew all the time… his backroom team have to take some flack…. plus Carver is a mentallist who goes for folk… have you ever seen Pardew, Woodman and Carver go at an assistant? Savage… I’d say half the squad are scared shiteless of them :) Their stuff on NUFC TV is awesome though – for comedy value – 10 outta 10….

TS – Yeah I thought so… very close relationship indeed… plsu the fact that Pardew still owes Ashley about 400k in Gambling debts equates to good working relationship anyway :)

• 59 Transfer Sage // Apr 3, 2013 at 4:23 PM

Think you have 20 or so academy lads a year, very few will make the grade when you bring players in from all over the world

Hopefully we set them up with a decent education too and establish links with lesser clubs to give them a helping hand.

• 60 Agent Belfast 007 // Apr 3, 2013 at 4:27 PM

Yes Skunki it’s me. Been hibernating for a few months just. :-)

• 61 Lilongwe Geordie // Apr 3, 2013 at 4:28 PM

Prodigy,

I don’t mind him being their, but maybe at this level we need people who can coach technique, and tactics to these players, and develop them. Carver strikes me as the fist pump motivational coach rather than a pensive tactician.

I agree, Clarky will one day be back. I also heard Ginola was keen on becoming a coach, now if he can show some of these players how to play with even a little bit of his flair and ability we would be onto something. But great players don’t always make great coaches. Solano is another who I would be interested in seeing back at the club in a coaching capacity, has cut his teeth managing back home, a coaching role at Newcastle could help him develop even further.

Also, I take it those rumours a month or so ago about Tino coming back to coach were exactly that, rumours?

• 62 daztoon // Apr 3, 2013 at 4:32 PM

@58ichrisho
    Wouldn’t mind the players showing Carvers Passion though.
    Maybe would be worth setting our own academies in Holland,Germany etc

• 63 Agent Belfast 007 // Apr 3, 2013 at 4:33 PM

If ibiza is still alive, it would make me really unhappy. Has he been murdered yet ? :-)

• 64 Toon-Prodigy // Apr 3, 2013 at 4:34 PM

Lilongwe,

Im all for having them all back in some capacity. They all know the club through and through and what it stands for to the area. Between them all and even Carver, being bobbys number 2, he must of learnt alot. Everyone else has.

God knows on Tino, has he even had coaching experience?

• 65 Lilongwe Geordie // Apr 3, 2013 at 4:36 PM

Daz,
    The cost of setting up our own academies in those countries would be huge. Better to agree mutually beneficial terms with a club that has a good academy whereby we loan them top youngsters and play friendlies to generate cash for them, and we get first bite at their lads coming through. Lots of clubs have these relationships, but the last time I heard of us having any sort of partnership set up was Dalian Shide under Shepherd (obviously for commercial benefits rather than playing side.)

• 66 ichrisho // Apr 3, 2013 at 4:37 PM

Tino, Clarky, Ginola and Solano – Now there’s a coaching team… One for Goals and crazy antics, One for roughing up and Tackling, One for wing-play and ball possession and one for the ultimate pass and final ball.

• 67 daztoon // Apr 3, 2013 at 4:38 PM

Be good to have yer Ginola’s,Solano,Asprilla running academies

• 68 ichrisho // Apr 3, 2013 at 4:39 PM

Lilongwe – I’d say we would have a good chance of one getting setup in Lille or with FC Twenete in Holland… we should look to setup some partnerships…

• 69 ichrisho // Apr 3, 2013 at 4:41 PM

Nice thing for Chronicle to do: Live Updates from Benfica…

• 70 Lilongwe Geordie // Apr 3, 2013 at 4:42 PM

Prodigy,

I doubt it, I’m not sure his influence on the youngsters would be wonderful mind! I’m not sure his gift is the kind you can pass on either. He was just born as a mercurial talent. You don’t coach what Tino had.

Sage,

Yes, you would expect lots to fall by the way side and not make it at Newcastle, but if these lads are getting the right coaching, they shouldn’t be falling as far by the wayside as they are. Some of our youngsters leave Newcastle and struggle to get amateur contracts.

Look at Donaldson, England U16, U17, U19, and he leaves Newcastle bound for Gateshead? Something has gone wrong between 18 and when he was released at 21 there, and that is where the development and coaching comes in.

• 71 ichrisho // Apr 3, 2013 at 4:47 PM

I went for 2-2 @ 18-1…. I know it prob wont happen but sure thats betting for you…

• 72 Lilongwe Geordie // Apr 3, 2013 at 4:48 PM

Ichriso – Twente would work well, as would Lille. Some of the Belgian clubs as well offer could development paths. I’d be surprised if these sorts of ventures weren’t being looked at, not only in terms of bringing players to the club, but also as knowledge swapping opportunities. ie. coaches go to the other clubs and learn new methods. It seems the regime are pretty savvy, soI would expect this to be an area we are looking at.

• 73 ichrisho // Apr 3, 2013 at 4:50 PM

Good old Alan Smith – Has us in 12th at the end and the Mackems relegated…. :)

• 74 ichrisho // Apr 3, 2013 at 4:52 PM

Lilongwe – We should get a proposal in order and bring it to Mike Ashley… we can also work with clubs in US and South America… plus we could actually “Invest in Africa” too so all the best player sdont end up in France Ligue2… come to our development squads…

• 75 Fridge // Apr 3, 2013 at 4:59 PM

Dont know if it has been mentioned already but apparently Nufc has the 4th lowest age average with 24,51 years, only beaten by Liverpool, Arsenal and Southampton. That is promising!

• 76 daztoon // Apr 3, 2013 at 4:59 PM

72Lilongwe Geordie
    Anything would be good nursey clubs whatever so long as we look at something different for our youngsters because what we have ain’t working.

• 77 Lilongwe Geordie // Apr 3, 2013 at 5:01 PM

Ichriso,
    There was talk towards the end of last summer that we were beavering away in Brazil and Argentina looking at clubs and players, however the problem with that, and with the African players is that they have to match certain criteria to be able to come here. The french clubs pick them up as there families move to France anyway as the laws are slightly more lax, and then they join. The UK requires it to be for refugees, or you have to be able to offer a skill. At the age the young players are, most of them can’t be said to offer that so they can’t come to the UK.

• 78 ichrisho // Apr 3, 2013 at 5:04 PM

Lilongwe – Boo to the UK…. :) I guess we will just have to shop in France for the next couple of years then… duty-free as it were…

• 79 Lilongwe Geordie // Apr 3, 2013 at 5:06 PM

Daz,
    Completely agree. No point bringing in top class youngsters if we aren’t offering any development opportunities for them.

• 80 ichrisho // Apr 3, 2013 at 5:07 PM

Anyway dudes and dudettes – nice to chat to all today (even you Robin) – catch ye tomo for all-day build-up… Excited.co.uk/seizure…

• 81 Lilongwe Geordie // Apr 3, 2013 at 5:10 PM

Ichriso

Boo to the UK indeed! Why do you think I left! ;-)

• 82 beefman13 // Apr 3, 2013 at 5:44 PM

Finished 5th last season, 5th bottom this season?

• 83 check the toastie // Apr 3, 2013 at 6:16 PM

Inmans pretty good, get rid of Gosling who will never make it and give this lad a sniff for me. Also Tav should be given a bit more game time after Simpleson is moved on, god knows how he is anywere near our first team still.

However first and foremost our most important piece of business in the summer is Sacking Pardew, who is treading water and is completely out of ideas.

• 84 check the toastie // Apr 3, 2013 at 6:22 PM

I would just like to add the handling of Ben Arfa has been nothing short of disgraceful, allowed to wonder around france eating anything he can get his hands on, whilst getting paid handsomely, clearly been given special treatment and then abused it, the lad needs to get his head on or he should be sold.

Last year he was our saviour from Pardew’s ineptitude, this year he has got to big for his boots, one good year and talks himself up to be the new Messi, lacking professionalism if you ask me. He talks a good game and actually like listening to some of his articles, however clearly doesnt walk the walk.

• 85 The next Mike Williamson // Apr 3, 2013 at 6:22 PM

It annoys me when you have young players desperate for a game and who will only get better being blocked by steady players who ‘do a job’ but nothing more.
    We need to get rid off Willo, Raylor, Shola, Simmo, Gosling, Obertan & Perch and give all the games they get to Bigi, Campbell, Vuckic, Inman & Fergie. None of them will progress unless given a ten game run in the team. It’s teh same problem throughout the EPL.

• 86 JAMSHA // Apr 3, 2013 at 6:32 PM

I Wish Villa, Wigan, Qpr get relegated

• 87 clinath@ed // Apr 3, 2013 at 6:37 PM

Benitez says he would like to stay in England after the summer. Which clubs in the EPL would suit him do you think…?

• 88 yo-yo // Apr 3, 2013 at 6:51 PM

TS

Agree that colonial expansion has been a feature of UK history too much of it prettynshameful over the centuries but my point was that Italy was a fascist dictatorship when it went to war in Ethiopia and, as far as I remember my history, used racial superiority as part of its justification.

Lilongwe

Fascinated that Carver coached you and some of the other guys. I knew Beardo had fell out with some of the lads. Your comments are really interesting – do you reckon he is top EPL/European standard ?

There have been a few of us banging on about strengthening the coaching side – especially if we bring in a modern style skills based coach – not necessarily tika-taka but def pass and move.

Crewe have always been great for developing players as have Southampton. Reckon the lads in the SPL clubs are getting decent lower level experience too.

• 89 ginola_tonic // Apr 3, 2013 at 7:01 PM

It’s official team news from AP

————————Krul———————–
    Anita——–Taylor———M’biwa—-Santon
    —————-Simpson—–Tiote—————-
    Williamson—————-Perch————Gosling
    ————————-Elliot———————

Elliot’s going to play the lone striker role.

• 90 NUFC_LEAZES END // Apr 3, 2013 at 7:04 PM

“It will be difficult to contain them if we come here just to defend. I think both teams are good in possession and therefore, that will be a key element.” alan parde on tomorrows game.

we all how he is going to set us up so I dunno why he is bullshitting

• 91 Rotonda heights // Apr 3, 2013 at 7:10 PM

leazes

it’s what he does and some people still swallow it.

• 92 Rotonda heights // Apr 3, 2013 at 7:12 PM

check

Last night when I saw dani alves play that pass to Messi, i thought danny simpson couldn’t do that – ever!!

• 93 89Norcal // Apr 3, 2013 at 7:15 PM

indykaila News ?@indykaila 14m
    My tweet on #NUFC will shock everyone. Even me. Exclusive coming up. #Newcastle

AKA Freelance Journalist

He’s usually got good info, wonder what is up.

• 94 Mister Tuff // Apr 3, 2013 at 7:25 PM

I wonder if this indykaila news is the news about a record breaking sponsorship. Did someone not post about a week ago quoting him about this deal.

• 95 89Norcal // Apr 3, 2013 at 7:27 PM

@Mister Tuff

I was thinking it might be a player update, I didn’t see the tweet regarding sponsorships

• 96 Mister Tuff // Apr 3, 2013 at 7:27 PM

Perhaps using the word -shock -in respect of a sponsorship deal would not be appropriate. Might be a superstar signing. Equally might not.

• 97 Mister Tuff // Apr 3, 2013 at 7:34 PM

89norcal -I was trying to think what would shock me -my instant list would be :-
    1.Pardew offered 12 year contract.
    2. Obertan not to be put up for sale in the summer.
    3. Mourinho to sign in the summer
    4. Mr Multiple to renounce his multiple postings and apologise for his snake oil salesman behaviour.

above not in any order of importance.

• 98 Jail for Ashley // Apr 3, 2013 at 7:34 PM

Rotonda,
    Danny Simpson was bought cheap and in PL footballing terms has been on a mediocre wage in his time here, he is not good enough for us anymore but doesn’t deserve a lot of the abuse he gets on here, in fact if he had ofbrealised his limitations and signed the contract we offered him I doubt very much if Debuchy would be here, so be thankful of that.

• 99 89Norcal // Apr 3, 2013 at 7:36 PM

lol Mister Tuff. Yeah not sure whether to expect good news or bad news.

Fingers crossed it’s a mega sponsorship deal though :)

• 100 Jail for Ashley // Apr 3, 2013 at 7:37 PM

Mistertuff,
    Mike Ashley listening to the football people who surround him instead of Dirk Llambias and bringing in some stellar signings before the threat of relegation rears it’s ugly head would also be a shock.

• 101 Alan Pas-de-clue // Apr 3, 2013 at 7:43 PM

PARDEW SACKED

• 102 Mister Tuff // Apr 3, 2013 at 7:44 PM

Jail -evening – the post is quite intriguing -specifically using the word “shock”. I think there is an inference perhaps of something really good happening.

• 103 89Norcal // Apr 3, 2013 at 7:50 PM

indykaila News ?@indykaila 33s
    Mike Ashley is looking at the option of appointing Rafael Benítez as manager of #NUFC. No decision made on Alan Pardew yet via club source

!

• 104 Alan Pas-de-clue // Apr 3, 2013 at 7:50 PM

in all seriousness though, benitez rumour was always likely since he said he wants to carry on managing in england.

• 105 Jail for Ashley // Apr 3, 2013 at 7:51 PM

Mr Tuff,
    Good evening, are you on nights as well,do you think Mike Ashley is capable of shocking us again ?

• 106 NUFC_LEAZES END // Apr 3, 2013 at 7:52 PM

89norcal

just seen that mate, I must admit I would be happy with rafa benitez tbh

• 107 89Norcal // Apr 3, 2013 at 7:53 PM

Do we want Rafa?

• 108 89Norcal // Apr 3, 2013 at 7:53 PM

@LEAZES_END

Probably an upgrade from Pards but not sure

• 109 Rotonda heights // Apr 3, 2013 at 7:54 PM

jail

It was more a contrast of styles. Dani Alves is very comfortable getting forward as a full back.

• 110 NUFC_LEAZES END // Apr 3, 2013 at 7:56 PM

I think hes the type of manager we need, he’ll not park the bus like pardew

• 111 Jail for Ashley // Apr 3, 2013 at 7:56 PM

I seen on SSN news today the Benitez wanted a return to England so I think there’s a bit of two and two together there like.
    PS,
    Daffy and robin thats Sky sports news and not the waffen daily.

• 112 Rotonda heights // Apr 3, 2013 at 7:57 PM

Norcal

What the manager who got 2 different teams to 3 CL finals.

Why the hell would we want that? Oh yeah because he really is a winner

• 113 Jail for Ashley // Apr 3, 2013 at 8:01 PM

Rotonda,
    Danny Alves is a world class player at one of the worlds leading clubs with an astonishing array of medals.
    Danny Simpson goes out with Tulissa, yes you’re right a very different contrast in styles.

• 114 89Norcal // Apr 3, 2013 at 8:03 PM

Rotonda

We don’t have the same budgets now do we?

• 115 Tsunki // Apr 3, 2013 at 8:04 PM

Indykailas tweet – ‘Mike Ashley is looking at the option of appointing Rafael Benítez as manager of #NUFC. No decision made on Alan Pardew yet via club’

What on earth does that actually say? I’m thinking of buying a bugatti veyron but no decision has been made on my Vauxhall Chevette via the wife. I’m not endorsing the guy again. Hang on, I mean I’m not endorsing Indykaila again, just straightening that up. Unlike the Chevette – thats defo knacked.

• 116 Tsunki // Apr 3, 2013 at 8:06 PM

Jail – you’re right there mate its about daffy time isn’t it?

• 117 Rotonda heights // Apr 3, 2013 at 8:06 PM

Norcal

yeah what manager is going to wan to work with

Krul
    Anita
    Haidara
    Gouffran

Sarcasm by the way!!!

• 118 89Norcal // Apr 3, 2013 at 8:08 PM

Rotonda

Hate to be cynical but you’re overrating some of those players as it stands.

• 119 89Norcal // Apr 3, 2013 at 8:09 PM

Should probably say hate to be realistic*

• 120 Rotonda heights // Apr 3, 2013 at 8:12 PM

Norcal

I think a lot of managers would give a lot to have our squad.

Some great players just need a great manager. I think it’s rubbish no one good would work for Ashley.

• 121 89Norcal // Apr 3, 2013 at 8:17 PM

Rotonda, I agree we got massive potential and Pards may be near his limit.

Just that Rafa has been prone to some tactical blunders in the last few months. Doesn’t deserve the abuse he gets from Chelsea fans but still.

• 122 Tsunki // Apr 3, 2013 at 8:19 PM

Catchy has been winding Indykaila up with his wacky phone prank.

• 123 Rotonda heights // Apr 3, 2013 at 8:21 PM

Norcal

If you’re worried all you have to do is look at Rafa’s Cv and then look at Pardew’s. It’s not too Xabi. See what I did there!!!

• 124 yo-yo // Apr 3, 2013 at 8:22 PM

rafa

downsides

never won EPL
    some abysmal transfers – way over odds and poor performers
    would prob want a transfer budget outside our means
    SAF winds him up bigtime
    not great relationships with them upstairs
    hard man with players

upsides

got a side 3-0 down at half time to win the CL
    sides usually rock solid defensively
    wins stuff

A massive upgrade but why would he want to come to the Toon ?

• 125 WWYCD // Apr 3, 2013 at 8:23 PM

Rafa? Really some believing this rumour?

Ashley would really love a manager who likes to spend money and kicks off when he doesn’t get his own way am sure

• 126 Mister Tuff // Apr 3, 2013 at 8:24 PM

jail @105 – luckily I do not work night shifts. In respect of El Gourdo surprising us -well yes I guess with him being a maverick type of person he could surprise us all.
    In respect of Benitez – whilst he is probably a good bloke , I have not really seen any exceptional qualities from him although I think his treatment at Chelsea -by some -has been disgraceful.
    As for the veracity of the story and it coming out now – just before a quarter final and with us still not safe I’ve got to put in in file 13 ie the bin. If it was true and I was Percy I would take the attitude -stuff you -go all out for the EL cup and sod the Premier League

• 127 WWYCD // Apr 3, 2013 at 8:25 PM

Also freelance lad has a bit of the Colin about him from what I recall from his past tips

• 128 Rotonda heights // Apr 3, 2013 at 8:27 PM

wwycd

rafa has been treated disgracefully at chelsea but has kept going in a very dignified way. he never had money at Valencia and bust up the barca – real madrid dominance.

I don’t think any manger can afford to be high maintenance now unless you are city or PSG.

• 129 Mr Funk // Apr 3, 2013 at 8:27 PM

@ Mister Tuff

Just want to state that i am not associated with Ian toon etc.

All the best

Mr Funk

• 130 Rotonda heights // Apr 3, 2013 at 8:30 PM

yo yo

probably fancies a challenge. I think for the right person ashley would go the extra mile. no point having top scouts and players if you’ve got a dud manager

• 131 low fell mag // Apr 3, 2013 at 8:30 PM

Dear rotanta heights could you please tell me in your lifetime as a supposed nufc fan ,apart from Joe Harvey,which Newcastle manger did get your support and what they actually achieved more than Alan Pardew.Mouth piece.

• 132 WWYCD // Apr 3, 2013 at 8:32 PM

Rotonda
    Disgraceful probably but he knew what he was going into and did nothing to attempt to win fans over, plenty bad blood there but him coming in as unapologeticly as he did wound fans up more.

His Spanish past in management is decent I admit but he’s a defensive manager as much as Pards is accused of being, and I think ur kidding urself if u think he’d come to us not wanting a large transfer kitty and a sizeable amount of control over where it’s spent

But it’s nothing more than a twitter rumour dreamt up by a itk account

• 133 Rotonda heights // Apr 3, 2013 at 8:36 PM

Ah Low fell mag aka sfb

Oh I can’t think my head hurts
    but lets lets try KK and SBR for starters.

SBR – 3/4/5 finishes and Euro semis
    KK – 2nd place finish

And you call people mackems !!!!

• 134 89Norcal // Apr 3, 2013 at 8:39 PM

lol not bad Rotonda

• 135 clinath@ed // Apr 3, 2013 at 8:40 PM

Ooh Ashley controlling the purse strings, forcin Rafa to work with what he’s given!!! Now there’s a challenge….if not a battle of wills.

• 136 Rotonda heights // Apr 3, 2013 at 8:40 PM

wwwycd

I think I’d take my chances with a guy whose Spanish past is way more than decent!!! and who has gone to 3 CL finals with different teams compared to a guy who’s never won anything, plays awful football, blatantly lies or misinforms and has had as many relegation scrapes as promotions.

• 137 yo-yo // Apr 3, 2013 at 8:42 PM

rotonda

but you’re biassed :)

• 138 ToonDownSouth // Apr 3, 2013 at 8:43 PM

Rotonda

If it’s true that a decent manager would be happy working under Ashley, and it’s also true that Ashley wants to appoint one – then he will, and it’ll happen, and there’s no point talking about it every single day for the rest of the season.

Personally, can’t see it happening, but if it does it does. I’d be very very surprised though.

• 139 clinath@ed // Apr 3, 2013 at 8:45 PM

Was never a fan of Rafa’s, can’t say I like home as a person. But, he would be a serious upgrade and the timing is right…so I’d have to swallow my pride.

• 140 Munster Mag // Apr 3, 2013 at 8:45 PM

Low Fell thats a daft question in fairness. Pardew claims to have learned much this season – I BLOODY HOPE SO.

• 141 lesh // Apr 3, 2013 at 8:46 PM

Sage, your right inasmuch as British imperialsm’s as bad as German or Italian and the only difference in the last 70 or so years is that the Italians and the Germans were ruled by a dictator whereas the Brits and its allies during WW2 were governed by supposed democratic means. Just like now, we voted this current crew in, we’re stuck with them and they’re screwing us into the floor being unable to screw other countries into it.

Enough, let’s hope that Benfica make hash of things and more importantly that Shearer’s right in his assessment and other teams help us not go down!

• 142 WWYCD // Apr 3, 2013 at 8:46 PM

Rotonda
    Fair enough but imo uve jumped on a low level rumour because u don’t like Pards any manager we’re linked with u will decide is superior to Pardew am sure ud rather Di Canio than him

I think u will be disappointed when Rafa, who prior to getting the Chelsea job was struggling to get any bite on his CV, joins someone other than us and u have to continue to support Pardews NUFC

• 143 clinath@ed // Apr 3, 2013 at 8:48 PM

Doesn’t have to be true TDS….it makes good blogging, gotta be better than slagging each other off with all the name calling that’s been filling this blog the last few days eh?

• 144 Jail for Ashley // Apr 3, 2013 at 8:59 PM

I’m sure a man as pig headed as Mike Ashley is not going to fire a man who he has given an eight year contract especially after his yes man had got a low budget squad into fifth, and another thing I’ve said many times before, a man who can appoint Dennis Wise to oversee KK, JFK and appoint Pardew against everybodies wishes in the first place, be soo soo careful what you wish for.

• 145 low fell mag // Apr 3, 2013 at 9:02 PM

Mouth piece ,they won Nowt.Now get behind your team and the manager be a true supporter ,as we have four massive games coming up .the last thing the team and supporters want is to listen to you bleating on like a big girls blouse.Come on the Lads@ignore this muppet.Toon Toon Black @White Army

• 146 low fell mag // Apr 3, 2013 at 9:06 PM

Sorry i do apologise,two muppets,rotanda heights @jail for ashley.Tossers

• 147 Ian Toon // Apr 3, 2013 at 9:57 PM

Reverend Tuff- you should be defrocked. Pretty lame apology to Mr Funk. It’s good though because what you increasingly need is to be able to convince yourself that I am the poster you wish me to be . So you can experience a kind of satisfaction in another’s willed misfortune. You’ll understand the German expression for it schadenfreude. You’ll also remember that envy and malice has a sword which only reaches its target if it first passes through the party that wields it. Remember that pleasure and happiness are not the same thing. Your mate apologised to a number of us a short while ago bought us a drink and assured us that we were going to give it a right good go. May you fare well

• 148 Honoured2BNUFC // Apr 3, 2013 at 11:53 PM

Would really like Fergie to make it-Gazza is a big fan of his.

previous post: Mouth Watering Week Ahead – Pardew