Alan Pardew Delivers Some Disappointing News On The Injury Front

Alan Pardew gave his press conference this afternoon for the vital Fulham game at home tomorrow, and as expected he gave an injury update – but it was hardly good news that the Newcastle manager delivered.

alan pardew press conference before Villa game late Jnauary

Alan Pardew – delivered disappointing news on injuries

No players will be back for the Premier League game tomorrow afternoon so Mathieu Debuchy, Fabricio Coloccini, Hatem Ben Arfa, Massadio Haidara and Cheick Tiote will all miss this important game – five players missing.

We had hoped that Cheick and Massadio would be back tomorrow, since last week Alan had said they could even make the game in Lisbon – but we suppose they are not recovering as quickly as expected, from their injuries.

So even though we brough in five new players in January we continue to be plagued by injuries to some of our best players.

This is what Alan said about the injuries:

“We have Debuchy, Ben Arfa, Coloccini, Tiote probably all missing tomorrow, and Massadio, so we are missing four or five really big players, which we have done all year if I’m honest, with the injuries that we’ve had for one reason or another.”

“But I still think we have a good side tomorrow to put on the pitch tomorrow and we are hoping to get a great result for our fans, who have been so patient with us.” “And traveled out to Benfica with us where the display was of the right order but the result not.”

“A win will give us momentum of course, and also into the Sunderland game, which is looming on the horizon for a number of reasons that’s going to be a critical game, so we need to win if we can.” “At this time of the season and the position we are in we need to play our best team.

“And I’ll play my best team on Sunday regardless of resting anybody.”

The coaching staff and medics should really look into why we have had so many injuries this season – something that used to hit Newcastle big time some years ago, when Graeme Souness and Glenn Roeder were the Newcastle managers.

Some of it is obviously because of the extra games in Europe and not having a big enough squad, and some of our players are simply playing far too many games.

But it’s not good news about the injuries this afternoon, because almost the same players will need to play tomorrow as played on Thursday night in Lisbon – with only potentially Yoan Gouffran coming into the side.

What do you think?

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 us on Google+:

You can also reach Ed at admin@nufcblog.com

=============================================

• bills-son

Apr 6, 2013 at 4:04 PM

Finding Ashley has been in his wife’s knickers and she loved it is too good for JFA.

• jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew

Apr 6, 2013 at 4:04 PM

This is what I would like Pardew to say for once: “We are missing 4-5 players, but we still have a very good squad. We are not much worse for wear than the average PL team. Ww wil go and win on Sunday”.

No bullshit, no excuses and not painting it black. Just say we are ok and we will win. Maybe if he starts to believe it himself, then maybe it will happen!

• Tayls

Apr 6, 2013 at 4:07 PM

@Alan Pas-de-clue

Howay mate imagine midweeek against Real Madrid then a weekend at Scunthorpe haha. The championship is easy man. Surely something similar to those glory days of Asprilla vs Barca is worth 1 season of Championship football.

• jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew

Apr 6, 2013 at 4:09 PM

It seems Benny was disqualified from driving today after pleading guilty to driving offences!

• toonarmydownsouth

Apr 6, 2013 at 4:12 PM

Jesper

That’s exactly what he’s just said so where’s the need for a dig?

• Novocastrian66

Apr 6, 2013 at 4:15 PM

Forget the Euro league. We need two wins in the league this week. We have a tough run of fixtures after these two home games and we do not want to go into them with poor results. I’m starting to get a bit worried now.

• jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew

Apr 6, 2013 at 4:19 PM

tads…really?

“…we have ‘names removed’ missing tomorrow, so we are missing four or five really big players, which we have done all year if I’m honest, with the injuries we have had one reason or another.”

“… we hope to get a great result for our fans, who have been so patient with us.” “We need to play our best team and I’ll play my best team on Sunday regardless of resting anybody.”

Maybe that means something different in English than Danish, but that is not man saying we have injuries like everyone else, but we will win tomorrow.

Why do you presist on saying I am having a dig at him? You simply cannot be critical of anything Newcastle can you – except at those who doesn’t see things your way!

• fergies left foot

Apr 6, 2013 at 4:24 PM

Why is MacDOnald still given permission to write his piss-poor negative articles. nothing worth reading. just stating the obvious..
    poor old man must be afraid to be forgotten.

• geordie157

Apr 6, 2013 at 4:25 PM

Newton has scored for St Mirren, give him and Inman 1yr deals and get them out to Championship sides, hoping one of them can keep pushing on and make it as a premier league player.

• toonarmydownsouth

Apr 6, 2013 at 4:25 PM

Jesper
    Criticise when there’s one to be made

So how is that different to what you wanted him to say exactly, he says we have injuries, but still have a good squad and they want to get a great result
    Think you maybe right jesp maybe you need to tweak your translations because wanted you wanted pardew to say is right there at the top of the page in black and white

• achtoon

Apr 6, 2013 at 4:26 PM

jesper, why would he say like every other team?? is that factually correct? I wouldn’t say something I didn’t know was factually correct. I’m with TADs on this one. We have 5 injuries to key players and he still thinks we are good enough for a win tomorrow. can’t see anything wrong with that.

• Toon-Prodigy

Apr 6, 2013 at 4:27 PM

Tired of seeing the word “injury” this season. It’s completely ridiculous.

Roll on the day we have a fully fit squad with a strong bench. I think we did in January and it was brilliant. You can stomach the odd bread and butter injuries, a player missing the odd game or so. But it’s a disgrace when your missing 4 international quality players and bouncing from Europa League to Premier League with 2 days recovery. The terrible thing about this is they are again going to be susceptible to picking up niggles.

These players are going to be wrecked after 70 minutes tomorrow and they are going to have to dig right in to get these 3 points.

I have faith and think we will succeed, but I can see a tough hard nervous 15-20 minutes if there is only a goal in it.

• jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew

Apr 6, 2013 at 4:27 PM

Are anybody watching Norwich vs. Swansea?

…Swansea is really crumbling under pressure!

• jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew

Apr 6, 2013 at 4:31 PM

achtoon…where did I say like every other team?

well what can I say about you agreeing with tads? should that make a difference?

Sure tads!

• cyprus

Apr 6, 2013 at 4:34 PM

Santon apologised, did Saylor? Not that it really matters. Villa winning, Soton won, are we in trouble? Come on, players, even Shearer manager form (5 points out of 8 games) should see us safe.
    btw, if the Europa League is tiring you (such a shame), play the under 12 year olds…

• toonarmydownsouth

Apr 6, 2013 at 4:34 PM

Jesper
    What are getting bent out of shape about lad? You really don’t like ppl disagreeing with you do you
    You said you wanted pardew to acknowledge we still had a good squad injuries aside, which in that statement he does, then you say you want him to state we can win, which he does, the only thing he doesn’t do that you asked is compare us to the other 19 teams in the league which tbh there’s no need for him to do

• cyprus

Apr 6, 2013 at 4:35 PM

Ok, Stoke drew

• jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew

Apr 6, 2013 at 4:39 PM

tads…I don’t mind ppl disagreeing with me! Don’t like it when ppl can’t quote me correctly or misintrepred me.

…just disagree with you and read Pardew’s statement different than you. And you know seeing things dirrerent than you doesn’t make it wrong!

• toonarmydownsouth

Apr 6, 2013 at 4:43 PM

Jesper
    How have I misinterpreted or misquoted you in any way at all

• cyprus

Apr 6, 2013 at 4:45 PM

Villa 3 points…

• cyprus

Apr 6, 2013 at 4:46 PM

Wigan, Villa, Nufc + Sunderland.

Who deserves to go down? Who will?

• jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew

Apr 6, 2013 at 4:47 PM

Cyprus…I don’t think Saylor has apologised!

tads…didn’t say you misquoted or misintrepred me. But since you were naming things I didn’t like I just thought I would threw a few things in there…

I just disagree with alot mate get you to it. And remember when you read somthing a certain way and you come along someone who reads it differently, then remember it just a difference of opinion.

You and I have difference of opinion.

• Toon-Prodigy

Apr 6, 2013 at 4:47 PM

Cyprus,

I don’t really get this slating Taylor? I’v read numerous comments.

He’s been a shining light since he came back and that is all im interested in to be honest.

Im hoping he has a big game tomorrow

• jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew

Apr 6, 2013 at 4:48 PM

well that was suppose to be English! sorry…

• Big Pappa Cissé

Apr 6, 2013 at 4:51 PM

We desperately need to win tomorrow

• Ibizatoon - Back By Popular Demand

Apr 6, 2013 at 5:05 PM

Afternoon 🙂

Rotonda…Is that really the only positive you can see? That we have good players? Was there nothing that impressed you during the Benefica game? We started strongly and imo took the game to them…for a while at least. A positive sign.

Jesper…I’ve looked again at the Taylor incident and really don’t see him smirking or anything like that at all. It was a stupid mistake, we know it, he knows it. I could go further with it, but what’s the point? 🙂

Wtf happened with Swansea? They were meant to get the 3 points today. How dare they give Norwich a point 😉

• BeeGuy

Apr 6, 2013 at 5:07 PM

Way too many injuries. I suspect that practices are too demanding, there is too much running in games because there is no basic settled line-up that knows each other, and the NUFC p[layers are smaller than most of the other PL squads. NUFC may get good buys because the players are injury prone (ben-arfa) or too small.

• jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew

Apr 6, 2013 at 5:08 PM

Ibiza…I cannot find the smirk thing…hope I haven’t dreamt it 😀

• Ben_BKK

Apr 6, 2013 at 5:08 PM

Results have really gone against us today. Southampton now 4 ahead of us, Villa level on points when they were dead and buried just a few weeks back when Pardew was saying we’re safe. If Wigan beat QPR tomorrow then we could be joint 4th bottom, or as bad as 3rd bottom if Sunderland win.

We should easily be good enough to get out of trouble but we need to start picking up points sharpish!

• Jail for Ashley

Apr 6, 2013 at 5:09 PM

Looking at the way Stoke are in freefall a win tomorrow wouldn’t gaurantee safety but it would definitely calm a lot of nerves.

• Novocastrian66

Apr 6, 2013 at 5:10 PM

Cyprus you have to include Stoke in the shake up. I think Wigan will survive as will Villa. Between Stoke and Sunderland for the last spot. Reading and QPR gone. I think we will be okay but we have to get 3 points tomorrow to ease the pressure. If we lose tomorrow we are right in it too.

• santonthenewmaldini

Apr 6, 2013 at 5:11 PM

Villa have Benteke on fire he is the leagues top scorer since January sort of like the great run Cisse had last season

We really need to beat Fulham 2moro nothing less than a win will do feel its going to be a tough ask

Just hope big Demba does us a favour and scores a few into Sunderland the mora !

• Ibizatoon - Back By Popular Demand

Apr 6, 2013 at 5:12 PM

Jesper…I think you may have tbh – easy enough to get caught up in the moment 🙂

Jail…That’s where I am at. We just need something to be positive about again. Playing City and Benefica away was likely to be a demoralising experience, time to get things back on track. Tomorrow is that time as whilst we’re in a fair bit of sh*t, I look at the teams around us and think they’re in a bigger pile. But we need to get points. Here’s hoping.

• Ibizatoon - Back By Popular Demand

Apr 6, 2013 at 5:14 PM

Ben…Before I write Sunderland off, which I sort of have, I am intrigued to see if Di Canio can muster something up there. I don’t see it, but maybe any sort of spark will be enough for them. Can’t see it against Chelsea mind.

• Ben_BKK

Apr 6, 2013 at 5:16 PM

Ibiza – a lot of other teams are only in a slightly bigger pile than us. Villa have been shocking most of the season yet they’re now level on points with us!

• Ben_BKK

Apr 6, 2013 at 5:18 PM

Ibiza – No one really saw Southampton beating Chelsea either…

My uncle’s a Sunderland fan and he already believes they’re going down, has done since the Norwich game where they couldn’t beat a team that was down to 10 men for an hour.

• Ibizatoon - Back By Popular Demand

Apr 6, 2013 at 5:18 PM

Ben…Don’t get me wrong, we’re in the mix, I just think other teams are slightly worse off. Basically it’s in our hands.

We have a game in hand over Villa and we need to take the opportunity to put some distance between us again.

• jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew

Apr 6, 2013 at 5:18 PM

Ibiza…do you think i have to be the bigger man and say i am sorry? 🙂

• Ibizatoon - Back By Popular Demand

Apr 6, 2013 at 5:20 PM

Jesper…Nah. The stupid prat gifted them a penalty – I’d say you’re even 😉

• JAMSHA

Apr 6, 2013 at 5:24 PM

just saw villa won…. fk. . need a win tomoro… or v r fkd

1 2 3 5